• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The True Prophesy of Dragonets

"Yeah, Mirage pretty much went ballistic, but we were all pretty afraid you might've been attacked by some rouges or something." Kaze said, taking a banana and turning it around in his talons. "Hmmm..." He chomped into it, making a face of mixed feelings toward the fruit. "Not too shabby." He said after a moment. He then turned to Dewdrop. "Are you sure you're okay? That was a pretty big fall from the sound of it. Anything bruised or broken?"

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Mirage growled slightly. "I did not go ballistic, Kaze. I'm just...protective is all and I want to be there for my friends." Mirage retorted. He admitted, that he did go a little crazy but he cared deeply for the other dragons.

Slashfin nodded in agreement with Mirage's statement. "Yeah, we only wanted to make sure that nothing bad happened to you." He then looked to Kaze and Mirage, a little worried about the Rainwing. "Anyways, thanks for the fruit." The pattern of all his body started to shine dimly again, though it became brighter eventually. "Well, have all of us had breakfast? Maybe we can look around for Sandstorm and start our journey, right?"

"Simmer down, Mirage, I was joking." Kaze said, smirking. "Either way, yeah, we were all pretty worried. Also, thanks for the food." He told Dewdrop. "Never really tried fruit before, save for an occasional bag of dates. They're pretty rare in the desert." He picked up a small mango and bit into it slightly. "Hmmm, a strong, tart flavor." He looked to Dewdrop again as he took another bite. "So what happened?"

Dewdrop bit into a mango, and then looked at Kaze.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she said, her mouth full, and her scales a pink color, meaning happy.

Then she nodded at the multiple thanks she had gotten, continuing to eat the mango until it had all disappeared down her throat, except for some juice that hung from her lips, that she quickly licked up. Then she turned and answered another one of Kaze's questions, quickly thinking up a cover lie.

"Well, I was looking behind me to see if I missed any fruit, and flew into a tree when I wasn't looking." Dewdrop said, cringing on the inside for lying.

She turned a dark purple, the color of shame and guilt, feeling bad for lying.

Slashfin looked at her, a little puzzled, though he believed her. After all, he didn't even know that the changes of colour of the Rainwings meant their emotional stage. "Eh... Well, we only want you to be fine. That's all. At least, you've learned a lesson, right?" He said, still kinda worried. His patter was shining brightly, excited for what he was going to happen next. "We are all ready for our adventure, right?"

SaiyanDakon

"Dewdrop...something happened to you, I can tell because of your scales." Mirage said, glancing at the purple scales. He took another bite of the mango and chewed quickly before swallowing it. "I won't get mad but-" He stopped himself abruptly and shook his head. "Nevermind, its probably something we should at least try to prevent and I'm ready for our adventure." Mirage answered, smiling a little.

Kaze didn't quite believe Dewdrop's story, but let it slide and said nothing. Once he was filled with fruit, he looked over to his father, who was looking at the map. "Everything ready?" he asked.

"Almost..." Sandstorm muttered. He then flew up and looked about in the air until he spotted the Scavengers' den marked on the map. "Alright, the kingdom's not far. Miss Dewdrop, if you'd be so kind to lead us." he insisted.

"Alright!" Dewdrop said, as her scales turned pink, the color of joy.

She motioned with her tail for the other dragons to follow, and then flew off through the trees, zipping through some bushes. And soon enough, they reached the Rainwing Kingdom.

"Next stop, the Rainwing Kingdom. To your left, is a few platforms for the usual sun nap, and a couple of fruit trees, including the arena, which hasn't been used for a while." Dewdrop said, in a tour guide voice. "And on your right, the Queen's head quarters. Also, a secret tunnel that leads either to goths Kingdom or Sand, or the Nightwing Kingdom. We blocked it off as much as we could." Dewdrop continued, her wings flapping harshly.

Slashfin followed Dewdrop closely, anxious to discover the Rainwing Kingdom. Still, he was a little confused about the last commentary of Mirage. Is Dewdrop really hiding something from us? It's normal... I guess, but... He thought, but he stopped immediately. I don't want to start distrusting any of us. It's nothing, for sure. Once he finally reached the Rainwing Kingdom, he listened closely to Dewdrop. In his face, joy was easily found. "Wow!" He shouted anxiously. "This is incredible!"

Kaze nodded with interest as he followed Dewdrop, turning his head left and right to see everything she was indicating and chuckling slightly at the voice she was putting up. "So, if I may ask, what's the point of a 'sun nap'? It is a way of taking a break from the work they do, or is it a cultural tradition?" he asked, praying his question didn't come off as racist. As he glided among his friends, he looked over other Rainwings.

Sandstorm, meanwhile, made small talk with some of the other locals.

"I'm glad you asked! The sun nap, is a 'daily ritual', you could call it, and we do it because we seem happier, and the colors of our scales are more..." Dewdrop said, stopping to think of the word. "Fierce, in a way...not as dull, I'd say." Dewdrop said, as she motioned for them to follow her.

She flew all the way to the currently unused arena, and landed in the center of the platform.

"This arena was last used when a dragonet, Glory, had fought for the title of queen. She had it for some time, training dragons to fight to gain the captured Rainwings from the Nightwing Kingdom. Unfortunately, the greatest queen we ever had, had to retire due to her travels with her friends. We haven't used the arena since." Dewdrop said, her scales an Indigo color, for she felt much pride.

Slashfin followed her closely. "This is very interesting... Indeed." The Rainwing stood silent for some seconds. "Isn't that nice? I mean... Cede her title to travel with his friends." He said. He was lightening his pattern as much as he could. He couldn't hold his joy, though he tried to hide it as hard as he could. "I'd really like to give a try to that... Sun nap. It may be useless for me, but... Well... We are here and I think it is good to soak up the local culture."

"I participate in the sun nap every day! Even on days when I'm very busy! No matter where I am, I always take a sun nap once a day. It keeps me happy." Dewdrop said, smiling as her scales went pink in joy.

She flew up, and motioned with her tail, over to a platform, which was empty, while a few other platforms were something like full.

"This is the platform used for sun naps, so if you ever want one, this heated platform would do, since it's been in the sun all day.

"Huh...I can tell." Kaze said, feeling the warmth through the wood. "It does feel kinda soothing, and I suppose more rest would allow for a healthier and more vibrant scale pallete and a mind more at ease." He sat down on the platform, looking up at the clouds. "If only we had these kinds of traditions in the Sandwing Kingdom..." he muttered dreamily, imagining a relaxing nap every afternoon or so.

"You pretty much already partake in it, Kaze." Sandstorm chuckled as he sat beside his son, "Like those times you fell asleep in my lectures about the political history of Pyrrha. Or that time you were supposedly on watch, and you fell asleep and let two scavengers into our campsite!"

"I took care of them!" Kaze argued, "Eventually..." he added under his breath.

The Seawing followed Dewdrop and looked for another free seat. When he found one, he didn't doubt in laying there. He looked to the sky and then, to his friends. "It's not like Seawings have traditions like this one either." Then, he closed his eyes and stayed muttered for some time, only covering his face with his left wing. His pattern shone brightly, though it didn't last for too long. Then, he spoke again. "This is truly peaceful, but... I think it's not for me." He said, a little disappointed. He guessed that sunbathing was not the most proper thing for a Seawing, at least without some type of water current near. "I am feeling a little thirsty. Dewdrop, can you lead me to one?"

Dewdrop nodded, and flew off to a stream near the Kingdom, maybe a block or two off into the forest. Dewdrop bent down and drank some water for herself as well, before backing up and allowing Slashfin to take a drink, or two. Or twenty, if he really wanted to.

Slashfin followed Dewdrop closely. When he saw the stream, he waited gently and, once he could, he approached the watercourse and start drinking. He didn't stop until his thirst was satisfied. He could never have enough of that non-salty water. Maybe with some more courage, he would have entered into the river, and maybe he could have been swimming for some minutes there. But he managed to control that instinct and, once he had drunk enough, he returned to Dewdrop. He gasped, satisfied, before talking with her again. "Thanks. I really needed that. Never leave a Seawing without drinking water. I've never seen one, but I've heard some stories and... Let's say that they get very mad."

"Or, according to some stories I've heard, they go mad." Dewdrop said, as she thought back to the old prophecy.

"But, we solved that problem!" Dewdrop said, as she turned a cheery pink.

"Yeah, luckily for us, I guess." The Seawing said happily too. "I guess that we should get back with the others." Slashfin said, turning back again where he thought that they had taken before. "Oh, and if you allow me the comment, your Kingdom is quite lovely."

"Thanks!" Dewdrop said, as she nodded and flew off with Slashfin back to the tribe.

Dewdrop was loving her new group of friends, and she thought of the stuff that the mysterious dragon had said.

Yes, you and your friends were chosen to fulfill this prophecy. But the last dragon still needs to realize it's call. So now is not the time to come back. But when you meet five dragonet's, call them here. Then we shall meet again. The words kept repeating in Dewdrop's head. Sure, there were five dragons, but Sandstorm was an adult, not a dragonet.

SaiyanDakon

Mirage was in a spot in the rainforest but he had stayed silent for most of the time. "I wonder...could I use my magic to find him?" He muttered darkly, "It would be a relief to see him dead." Mirage chuckled and looked around. He overheard the others talking about an arena beforehand. An arena? Like the SkyWing arena or..is it something else? Mirage thought, intrigued.

Kaze and Sandstorm were listening to an old rainwing ramble on about their culture and legends. As he spoke on about events and dates, the Sandwing dragonet nodded occasionally to show he was listening, though his mind did drift to a different topic from time to time. Mentally taking notes, both of them thanked the old dragon when he was finished and headed off to explore some more.

"Guys! We are back!" Slashfin said once they finally arrived the point where they left their companions. He could see that Kaze and Sandstorm were talking to another Rainwing, so he decided not to bother them. But his attention was drawn to Mirage, that seemed a little distant. Or at least, for Slashfin, he didn't seem to be enjoying that trip as much as the rest. "Mirage, is everything OK?"

Dewdrop was in close pursuit of Slashfin, and she landed onto the arena again.

"Is there anything else you'd like to see?" Dewdrop asked, tilting her head to the side, as her scales were still bright pink.

"I dunno. Got any suggestions?" Kaze asked, shifting the grass behind him with his tail. It was quite certain there was more to see in the Rainforest kingdom than what they've already seen, and Kaze's curiosity really shone in times like these.

(Apologies for a rather short post, but I couldn't think of anything else to add.)

SaiyanDakon

Mirage looked over at Slashfin and nodded. "I'm fine...I am just worried...about my animus father who hates me." He explained. When Mirage first hatched, his father told him that he was a special dragon and would be a hero. He believed it until Mirage saw Scar planning to use his own magic against him. So Mirage ran from Scar and left him for good, but he knew that they would meet again.

"Oh, I see..." Slashfin said, still worried. He had heard about animus before, but he didn't know or meet one. "But don't worry, this time, we can help you. I don't like injustices. Count with my claws and jaws if we meet him, and if we are near the sea... Well, I have some aces up my sleeve..."

SaiyanDakon

Mirage picked up a small rock. "Enchant this rock to levitate above my head." He muttered. Then the pebble flew out of his palm and went over his head. "I am animus too. I don't think its rather safe when its a fight against two animus dragons but fine...you may help." Mirage said, grabbing the rock and casting another spell to set it back where it was.

Slashfin watched astonished as Mirage performed his spell. He didn't know what he should say, but he tried to support Mirage as much as he could. "Eh... For me... It doesn't matter if I am in danger. That's, of course, if I can feel that I can totally trust you. I mean... I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, right? That's what friends are for." He finally said, trying to pretend normality. "Plus, having a good time, of course."
Then, Slashfin started to worry, looking slightly more nervous. He didn't receive the proper fighting lessons. Kaze and Sandstorm probably would be more useful in a fight situation, even Dewdrop with her acidic venom. He really hoped not to take part in that fight, because he probably would be a ballast.

SaiyanDakon

Mirage smiled at Slashfin. "I'm glad that we're friends. Scar better be prepared next time he sees me." He proclaimed. He might've even forgotten about me...that'll be good. Mirage thought. He looked back at Dewdrop and the others. "Should we continue our journey through the Kingdoms? We can visit the SandWing Kingdom next...right after I could spar with someone...if that's fine with you all." He said.

"If you want... But of course, first I'd need some vases or something to carry water. I do not want to go mad. I assume that the Sandwing Kingdom is a dry land, right?" He continued saying, something more relieved after Mirage reaction. The Seawing then turned to Dewdrop. "Could you help me with my preparations?"

Dewdrop was busy listening to the singing birds, so she didn't hear Mirage's story about his father, or what anyone else was saying for the matter. She had a kind of far off look in her eye, thinking about the dragon in the clouds. It never accused to her that she was swaying back and forth, quite far, actually.

SaiyanDakon

"Dewdrop!" Mirage exclaimed, "Sorry for yelling but we're trying to get ready for the SandWing Kingdom." He sighed and clenched his necklace tightly, hoping Scar wasn't around in that Kingdom. "So..are you coming?" He finally asked.

"Alright, extra food?" Sandstorm asked.

"Check." Kaze replied, shuffling through the fruits and fish.

"Map and compass?"

"Yep." Kaze replied again, growing a bit impatient.

"What about-"

"Yes, we have everything." The dragonet sighed, Sandstorm chuckling in response. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, it's just that you remind me of your mother." The older sandwing replied. "She was just as shrewd, reckless, and stubborn."

"I...don't know if that was supposed to be an insult or a compliment." Kaze sighed, putting a hand to his forehead.

"A bit of both." Sandstorm quipped before turning to the other dragonets, "Alright, it seems we have all our supplies in order. Is everyone ready to go?"

"Yup!" Slashfin said as he nodded his head. The truth was that he didn't have anything prepared, but he was so nervous to keep exploring with his new friends that he didn't bother at all. He simply opened his wings and started to fly around, showing his glowing pattern. After a few circles in the air, he landed next to the Sandwings and waited for the others to answer.

(Hallelujah, I'm here to save the day! JK)

"I'm ready!" Dewdrop said, nodding to her friends. "One question. Is the Sandwing Kingdom super dry?"

Dewdrop's scales turned pink from happiness, and she started flapping around in circles, awaiting an answer from Kaze or Sandstorm.

SaiyanDakon

"It mainly looks like a desert to me, but I lived in the Sky Kingdom so that's all I pretty much saw." Mirage admitted. He grinned at Dewdrop's pink scales. I'm guessing pink is..happiness in RainWing code? I'll never know unless I ask. Mirage thought, poking the rock he enchanted.

Slashfin looked at the others, worried. "Eh... Now that I am thinking it... It may be a bad idea for me to go there. I mean that... Well, I'm a Seawing, and, I wouldn't like to be in a place without water. I may just simply go... Crazy." The Seawing looked disappointed as he started to sit on the ground.

"Well, then we should first douse you with water, and then, bring some extra water! We can fill a few coconuts, or mango's with water." Dewdrop exclaimed, as she immediatley flew into the forest a few feet away to grab mango's and coconut's.