• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Venomous Spriteing Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi boys, girls, and spoinks. WAIT WHAT! Sorry Spoink got my computer. well so i will be making sprites for you all i will make
Normal Pokemon
upload_2014-11-1_18-17-3.png
upload_2014-11-1_18-33-27.png

Mega Pokemon
upload_2014-11-1_18-19-58.png

Pokemon trainers
upload_2014-11-1_18-19-4.png

Pokemon Cosplayers
upload_2014-11-1_18-19-26.png

Or Even Pokemon Teams
upload_2014-11-1_18-27-4.png

So Comment Away

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
One of the main issues I have with the sprites are the shading and outlining, or rather, lack thereof. If you zoom in you'll be able to see the odd gaps in both, and also how close together some of the outlining colors are to the base color. It'll help make the sprite cleaner if you're more careful about outlining, and shading... well, that takes time, but it helps think imagine where your light source is and go kind of round-ish from there (Pokemon's light source is usually in the upper left hand corner).

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@TheToxicHalf Actually, that response is far more likely to stop people commenting. At Pokécharms, we're a community of creative and friendly people - and one of the things we sometimes try to do for artists is to provide constructive criticism. Constructive criticism is where we try to help you become a better artist by suggesting things you can improve, as well as what worked. The reason we do it is because no-one's perfect - not even the best creators here or elsewhere. And no-one got to be good without tons of hard work, and that includes letting people help you improve.

So, I find it a bit rich that your first post says "comment away", but you don't actually let people give you anything other than praise. You can't have it both ways. For what it's worth, I found @Kyubeon's post to be very helpful and well-written, and she's not bashing you at all.

There's also nothing in her post that would stop people commenting - how does a little gentle criticism suddenly make a thread toxic? I'll tell you: it doesn't. Her post actually puts this thread back in the newsfeeds and forum sidebars, which gives it more exposure.

If you don't want criticism, that's fine. But don't complain if you ask people to comment and they do. Criticism doesn't stop people commenting, but being hostile in response to comments absolutely does.

Last edited:
I really like the sprites myself. There's a tiny amount of shading that could be improved, but that's a minor gripe on my part. 19 out of 20 from me.

As for the sprites, are they commissioned for money, or can people just ask and you'll make one for them?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I meant no harm and was only trying to help further your skills as a spriter, so I apologise if I hurt you in any way. Everyone has room to improve, even the best artists. Your sprites are by no means bad, but could do with more work to become even better. ^^

For the record, as an artist I've also had people critique my art/sprites many times in the past, and thus help improve my own skills as an artist. The same is true for any other kind of expression, be it music, writing, spriting, etc; while not all criticism is accurate per se, it is helpful to see how other people see your art and thus go on from there. Again, I'm sorry if I hurt you or your thread, but I hope you understand I meant no ill will.

I meant no harm and was only trying to help further your skills as a spriter, so I apologise if I hurt you in any way. Everyone has room to improve, even the best artists. Your sprites are by no means bad, but could do with more work to become even better. ^^

For the record, as an artist I've also had people critique my art/sprites many times in the past, and thus help improve my own skills as an artist. The same is true for any other kind of expression, be it music, writing, spriting, etc; while not all criticism is accurate per se, it is helpful to see how other people see your art and thus go on from there. Again, I'm sorry if I hurt you or your thread, but I hope you understand I meant no ill will.
im sick right now and i have to take a medication that helps me get better but also causes me to get mad over small things. i have to take the medication until thanksgiving. and im sorry

I really like the sprites myself. There's a tiny amount of shading that could be improved, but that's a minor gripe on my part. 19 out of 20 from me.

As for the sprites, are they commissioned for money, or can people just ask and you'll make one for them?
and they are just for people to ask and i will make one. i just need some creative ideas. and i like doing things for other people.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hey ToxicHalf, I know you made a thing for me already on your profile, but I want a Mega. Could you please make me a Mega Golurk? Thanks in advance!

Now for advice stuffs. Pretty much a lot of what @Kyubeon said: You need to put a little more shading into your Pokemon, especially the fanmades. That gives your Pokemon so much more depth and color. Also, try not to make it so obvious that you used parts of certain Pokemon. Like, on the firey birdy thing, I can pretty much tell that those are Flygon-esque wings. So, try to disguise those a little if you can. However, I am no super great expert on spriting, so don't super-strictly quote me on that, OK?

ok it will be on the way soon

Hey ToxicHalf, I know you made a thing for me already on your profile, but I want a Mega. Could you please make me a Mega Golurk? Thanks in advance!

Now for advice stuffs. Pretty much a lot of what @Kyubeon said: You need to put a little more shading into your Pokemon, especially the fanmades. That gives your Pokemon so much more depth and color. Also, try not to make it so obvious that you used parts of certain Pokemon. Like, on the firey birdy thing, I can pretty much tell that those are Flygon-esque wings. So, try to disguise those a little if you can. However, I am no super great expert on spriting, so don't super-strictly quote me on that, OK?
here you go it is like it has been aging for years so he powered down but his typing is ghost, and grass now. so his spirit of ghost type powered him back and ready to battle so this is your mega golurk.
upload_2014-11-10_15-54-14.png

and anyone can make a reply more then once. or a cuple of replies in comment

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Quick tip: no, you can't reply more than once, it's against the rules. Use the Edit button to add additional thoughts to your post. :)

will be a little hard but OK

i'm sorry but i can't do 6th gen mega Pokemon. because i do all my sprites on my school laptop so allot of the websites are blocked. so i can't really use 3D sprites.(those are the only sprites i can get for 6th gen Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.