• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Thinking of starting an Overwatch rebirthed roleplay, anybody interested?

Hey guys I haven't got very far into the planning of this roleplay because I'm not really sure how many people would be interested in it. If enough people are interested the plan was that this rp would take place around the time the events in the game take place but instead of the old team assembling its going to be our characters, some who may have known each other previously and others who are completely new. It would be nice to have a range of character ethnicities like the game though! I'm planning on having an Omnic character of some sort, I'll try make it interesting but as I say I haven't yet given it much thought. The only thing I would request is that we get some interesting characters on the go, it would be pretty lame to see just standard soldiers with no unique features or something a little too similar to the in game characters. So yeah just drop a post saying your interested about it if you are!

Great if we can get like one more person I would say were good to get this show on the road :)

Feel free to invite any friends of yours who you think may be interested as well!

So whilst we wait for anybody else to see if they want to join how about we get up some concepts for our characters? I've got some kind of English, electric themed omnic thing forming in my mind.....probably defender...

I was playing around with the idea for a Norwegian archer type of girl, nothing all that detailed about it yet though. Either defense or offense, still not decided

Honestly I'm still having trouble thinking of my own, its only the most basic of concepts right now. There are already so many characters within the Overwatch universe its actually pretty hard to think of any characters that could actually fit into the game. Especially in terms of abilities...

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name - ????

Ability 1 - Mini Smoke (affects first enemy in contact, blinds for 2-3 sec, enemies are able to see up to 1 foot radius)

Ability 2 - Sticky Mine (auto detonates if you are within radius)

Ultimate - Smoke Bomb (covers an area with smoke, blinds enemies for 5-6 secs, enemies are able to see up to 1 foot radius)

Primary Fire - Kind of like Mercy and Mini Dva gun

Role - Defense

Too overpowered???? And y'all should add me on Overwatch ;)

Uk?

As for your characters abilities I would say for the purpose of the rp they work fine, just would be broken in game XD

And ah damn I'm on Xbox.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Tried my best to not make it op in game too lol what should I change though

And rip non compatibility of America and U.K. Regions

I think the smoke ult is a little too powerful, that would devastate on any point control match... you could have it so it doesn't go through barriers or something? Not really sure...

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I mean Dva is the perfect counter for this person (Idk the name still) and if you want to, I could try to limit it somehow idk though

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
On the contrary, it actually can. Since Mei throws out her ult, if you can use your defense matrix before it lands, then the ult shall be eaten up and the ult shan't be used

Same with hanzo's ult. You can't eat the dragon, but there's an arrow he shoots. Same with mei, the robot she throws out. If you can eat those projectiles beforehand, the ult shan't occur