• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

TinyChat

I thought I'd get this up to see how many people are interested.

Apart from the always-ready IRC, some of us 'Charmsians have done a couple of Skype calls and they were usually a lot of fun. There was always a bit of complaining that there was no possibility of doing a group video call, since that's part of Skype's paid attributes.

Recently, though, I've discovered a website that allows us to do just this, easily and completely free; TinyChat. It's used mostly by Tumblrgoers for fun group conversations, but it provides us with an excellent opportunity for having video calls with as many people as we want.

Logging in is done trough FaceBook, Tumblr, anonymously, maybe even Twitter if I recall correctly. That, or you can make an account on the site itself.

Now the reason I'm asking is because there hasn't been a group Skype call in ages, probably because we all lead our own busy lives, but I'm wondering how many would like to take part.

Now setting up a video call is incredibly easy and can be done at any given time, although it might prove practical to set up a designated room; Possibly it could be incorporated into the topic title on IRC, so everyone would know how to find it. As an example;

http://tinychat.com/notsodarksoul#

Now this is via my account, but we can set up one with a random URL.

So, yeah, suggestions? Opinions? Ideas?

I think this is a great idea DS. I myself have used Tinychat quite a few times and it is really good for group conversation also the text chat is useful for quieter and shyer members who struggle with talking to others (but don't mind showing their face)

I think we should get like an official Pokecharms Tinychat URL up which I would be more than happy to create the official URL if needed.

Edit: Already done it: http://tinychat.com/pokecharmsoffical

Its also good if you don't want to download any applications as it is online so I think it would bring a bigger audience and like DS said it is incredibly easy so there should be no technical or setting up issues.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I decided to sign up on TinyChat because of this. My name there is, of course, dwaynadragonfire. I think that it would be cool to have video calls together :)