• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Tomorrow's Heroes - Year 1

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
As the papers were being handed out, Eddie took the sheet and quickly scribbled his name on it. He hadn't looked at the rest of it yet - instead, flipping over the page to make sure there wasn't something extra on the back. You never could be sure, after all. And upon turning it around again, he took a good look at the problems written upon it.

math_quiz.jpg

It didn't look that bad, truth be told. Then again, his intelligence was augmented from the fact that consuming DNA gave him the collective prowess of whatever he ingested, so maybe that shouldn't be that much of a surprise to him. So, Eddie slid the quiz paper over to Jake and Pierre, both to let them have a look at it and allow them to sign their names on it. Also to break what was probably an awkward silence between the three.

" So, uh.. "

Ed started, stopped, thought about his words and continued.

" I know this is supposed to be a, um.. group effort, but.. I'll gladly help along if either of you are.. well, are having problems solving the quiz. Not to imply you couldn't, but.. eh, you get what I mean, right? "

A third joined them, and Fin kept her smile, locking eyes with Amanda for a moment and shaking her head to assure that she had no objections to the three of them working together. At Amanda's comment she let a small snort of laughter leave her, a nose-exhalation giggle that would forever be the most noise one would ever get out of Fin. She could very much relate... it was the entire reason she'd made a choice to approach. At any other time she'd have preferred to stick to herself, but... she'd be no danger in a pop-quiz setting. She doubted either of these two would upset her. It was why she'd picked them, after all.

Not a word left her as she let her gaze linger over the paper, passed to them and swiftly gazed over by Soren. It was as if the quiz had some hypnotic power on the boy, for he soon began chanting under his breath- murmurings she soon recognised as him quietly solving the questions. Fascination glimmered mahogany in her eyes, her head tilting to the side a little. At this much of a glance she might be able to solve one of them, but...

An apology left him, and- recalling his understanding of her sign language earlier, she held her palm flat and touched her thumb to her chest- 'it's fine', a small smile flickering back upon her lips. She really wasn't much help at stuff like this- her mind had never been one for complex mathematics like this. Still, she leaned forward on her seat, eye clearly trained upon the final question- the graph she'd skip for now. She always struggled with those, and she wanted to do something useful.

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 22.19.23.png

Her brow furrowed. Digging her incisors into her bottom lip, she scraped her notebook toward her and began to openly attempt to figure it out. The markings she made were not incorrect, though they were slowly made- still, she got there eventually, sliding her notebook forward and adding a big, punctuated question mark next to the answer she had produced.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Pierre grabbed the paper and wrote down his name with very nice handwriting. He glanced through the test, and deemed it fairly difficult for their first test, although it was a group test, so that made up for it. He started writing on the test paper, answering number one with a fair bit of ease. Pierre then heard Eddie's remark.

"What? You think I-" Pierre paused. Wait. He needed to calm down. No need to get mad. Eddie was only making sure that if they needed help, that he could help them. He wasn't trying to say anything bad. "Sorry. I overreacted. Here's the test, Jake." He handed the paper to Jake, as he waited.

Agh, stupid stupid stupid...

Soren mentally battered his forehead with his palm, clearly still hung up on his intrusiveness to a visible degree. Fin had signed her reassurance with a smile, but Soren allowed no more than a meek smile of his own, barely showing through pursed lips. He hadn't noticed her gaze trained on the quiz while he worked, but the sudden movement of a notebook sliding across the desk finally drew his attention and released him from his self-deprecating stupor. Fin seemed to have worked on the third question on her own, displaying her work once she was finished.

Slapping himself back into focus, Soren looked over her work, a slight smile of amusement crossing his face when he noticed the large question mark appending her answer. Let's see, quadratic formula... that was right, since it couldn't be factored conventionally. The discriminant had been solved correctly as well, leaving the square root of a negative number, which needed to be changed to a positive product of the number and i.

"Yup, looks good," Soren confirmed, turning to Fin with a smile and thumbs up. He passed the quiz to her so that she could write down her solutions onto the paper herself before glancing back at Amanda, holding his shy but warm disposition.

"Would you like to take us home with question 2?"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jake glanced at the paper as it was passed to him, he loved most subjects and almost anything knowledge related, he would often mentally study some of his favourite topics when Mischief was in control, it was his sneaky way of cheating as he didn't get tired while Mischief was in control of his body as all needs were controlled by Mischief's mind and were his problem till he gave back control, the stuff on this current quiz had been some stuff he had gone through the week prior and he was now very relieved of that fact "thank god its stuff I understand" he half muttered as he examined the paper thoroughly, he decided to answer some of the parts on the second question getting through all 5 parts "a" through to "e" he became a little engrossed in it before realising he was hogging the paper and glanced at the other two apologetically before handing the paper to them, "sorry I kind of got a little too focused their" he said with a grin.

Anna

Anna looked at the seating arrangement posted on the wall of the classroom. "Huh, I never noticed that there." She exclaimed.

Hearing the other girl's proposition, Anna gave it some thought. "Hmm, well I don't have anything planned tonight so I am free if you want to do that study session, but isn't this a little too short notice?" She stated. While she would love to start hanging out with who she assumed were her new friends as soon as possible, she never quite liked jumping into something without any planning first. "But if you're both down for it then I'll join too." She concluded, deciding that there probably wouldn't be any harm in doing this. It's not like a study session is a deadly dive into the unknown or anything.

When the quiz papers were handed out, Anna immediately became somewhat concerned. "Oh wow is the test going to have questions like these? If so I am not very confident in my comprehension." She admitted out loud. After Vannessa rather effortlessly completed her part, Anna could simply pick up her pencil and try her best to match the level of ease her classmate had.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Eddie took the paper as Jake handed it out, who had then apologized for getting carried away and already filling out one of the three problems, not that it mattered much to him. What really only mattered is that, as he hoped, Jake at least filled them out correctly. As for himself? He glanced the sheet up and down, poking his pen against his bottom lip, trying to decide which part of the quiz to take on. Should he go for the half-points above, or the singular one below? Well, since he figured that Pierre may also want to take over the one other part that gave more points, so he may as well take the one that presented just one point, that being the quadratic equation on the very bottom.

" Uh.. It's-, it's fine. I'll take the lowest question, if you don't mind. " He had quietly muttered out, just audible enough for the two to hear, his gaze to the paper not breaking a single bit. His eyes scanned the question one time.. two times.. before his wrist moved below to the empty space beneath it and begun writing up the answer quickly, solving the equation rather quickly. If only he didn't have this condition, he may have been more popular to begin with. But then again, he wouldn't have been able to solve math problems like this so easily, either. Quietly, he now slid the paper over to Pierre for him to solve what remained.

" Here. You can have the first problem. I mean, only if you want to, of course. "

| Korutesu |

He should really stop getting mad at small things.

Eddie returned the paper to Pierre, and with the same speed, and the same very pretty handwriting, he answered the questions. He re-read the questions just to make sure there weren't any mistakes. Once, then twice. Okay, that's all good then... Although, maybe he SHOULD re-check his answer a third time, and he did, just to be sure. He wasn't usually someone to re-check his answer, especially not thrice, but.. he wanted to be very sure about it.

Okay, the test was finished now, so.. like any ice-breaker thingy that could work was actually introducing eachother to eachother first. Okay, why not start first.

"You've both probably heard the rumors about me by now, but.. if you haven't, my name is Pierre. Pierre Anderson. We haven't formally introduced ourselves to eachother, other than the mandatory introducing ourselves at the start of the school year."

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jake glanced over as Pierre formally introduced him self, he wasn't very in the know about any rumours in the school, so he wasn't aware of whatever it was Pierre was referencing, Mischief might know, perhaps he would ask him later, he ignored his thoughts for the time being and decided to follow suit, "I suppose proper introductions would be appropriate, I'm Jake Lockheed, it very nice nice to meet the both of you" he stated simply as he lightly scratched behind his left ear a bit, an impulse Mischief had started doing that continued even when Jake was in control.

DevVoid

Oh boy, now was the time where everyone ended up introducing themselves to one another. Frankly, Eddie didn't reaaalllyy want to tell about himself to these two, but given they've already told him their names.. well, it'd just be rude not to, right? Maybe just a name wasn't so bad. After all, he didn't have to tell them his whole life story, right? Just what he goes by. Yep, nothing wrong with that. Ed inhaled, exhaled, and spoke up, just loud enough for his two quiz partners to hear but not loud enough for anyone else in the class.

" I'm, uh.. I'm Edward. Edward Kells. But, well.. you can call me Ed. Or Eddie. I don't mind either. Or neither. You don't have to call me what you don't want to. "

Amanda had quickly wrapped up the group quiz, correctly solving the second portion's graph questions. Soren nodded in approval with a smile and flashed a thumbs-up as he had to Fin earlier. There was no doubt that they'd easily receive full marks for their answers, so Soren volunteered to turn it in, rising from his seat to take the paper to Mrs. Beaker.

He approached the teacher, who had been turned to face his direction and could very quickly detect his movement. However, when he finally came face-to-face to offer her his group's work, she stared blankly, her eyes seemingly focused above and past him, who wasn't much shorter. The two stood in awkward silence, one unknowing to Mrs. Beaker, yet entirely familiar to the one facing her, and Soren heaved a mental sigh before clearing his throat and speaking up.

"Uh... Mrs. Beaker..?"

"Oh!" A surprised gasp escaped the teacher, who seemed to finally have noticed him upon hearing him speak. "I'm so sorry, I didn't notice you there. Has your group finished your quiz? You're free to go once you are."

Soren quickly dismissed Mrs. Beaker's apology with a quiet "It's okay", and after handing her the quiz, he returned to his group members with a thumbs up and began packing his things.

"Mrs. Beaker said we're good to go, now that we're done."

Once his supplies were packed, Soren slung his backpack over his shoulder and glanced back at Fin and Amanda, though his eyes lingered just a split second longer on the former with a fleeting glimmer of curiosity. However, it passed as soon as it came, and Soren simply smiled once more before waving goodbye.

"It was nice meeting and working with you two. I think I've seen you in my other classes as well, so maybe we can chat a bit more then if you'd like. Take care."

And with that, Soren was off, and as soon as his back was turned, his warm expression suddenly seemed to fade, replaced by an empty stare directly forward as he made for second period: Biology. The bell hadn't rung quite yet, but he supposed he could take his time, maybe snag something from the vending machine on the way. Speaking of, he suddenly turned the corner to enter a small room where the bathrooms and water fountains were located, as well as a vending machine for snacks and drinks. Soren then reached into his backpack behind him to pull out a wad of $1 bills stashed in his front zipper, and after scanning the machine's contents, he opted to purchase a small bag of Cheez-It's. After retrieving the bag from the machine, Soren exited the room and sat against the wall, opening and slowly picking at his cheese flavored crackers as he waited for the bell to ring.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

"Okay. Well, If you guys think we are ready to pass the quiz, then we should do it now." Pierre said to his groupmates, waiting if they were going to re-check the answers one more time. If they were done, then they could get out of math class, and to be honest, Pierre didn't really care about Math class compared to his other classes or extra-curriculars.

Damn!

He forgot about his session at Diane's later, it was Monday today, and since he didn't have a daily reminder for it, it wasn't on top of his important things to do every day. Problem was, Diane was probably already waiting for him, since his therapy sessions with her were around the same time as their second class, so he needed to get there, fast. It was impolite to leave while both of his groupmates were there though, so the only thing to do was wait until they were ready to go too, or atleast that's what Diane was saying.

Fin was relieved to see that she was no terrible burden to her group- they seemed to have a better idea of algebra than her, but neither had she lagged behind and accidentally sabotaged. In fact, it seemed her little gathering of students had managed to finish rather quickly- Soren volunteered to take the paper up, and Fin nodded quickly, watching him as he strode over to her. It seemed to take her a moment to notice him- she was looking somewhere else, even as he stood right in front of her face. Frankly the girl didn't know whether to feel amusement or pity, though eventually it seemed he had managed to get her attention.

Humour danced a light in her eyes for a moment- she gave a nod at the given information. Good to go... right. Well, that was nice, wasn't it? Not like pulling teeth, for once... many students were a lot less receptive to the non-verbal issue than Soren and Amanda had been. That she was appreciative of, and tried to make that clear as Soren spoke. She smiled, a slightly weary but genuine look about the expression- waved goodbye, and quickly signed 'you too' before shuffling over to her own seat, tossing her supplies into her bag. Amanda too was offered a small motion of farewell- and then she too would prepare herself to flee from class.

Fin almost felt sorry for Amanda, who'd always seemed quite chatty... but she was sure they'd cross paths again.

As she left, heaving a small sigh, she watched the first students begin to leave their classes. A good portion of them had rather loud thoughts... those surface emotions were often hard to ignore even when not trying. It was never anything she couldn't have observed by looking closely... though she wished she could suppress this passive aspect of her power. Someone would laugh, and she would hear the laughter in her mind, too... at these transitional times there was often quite a lot of noise, and there were a whole lot of minds she could sense even without their thoughts... Fin could not risk being overwhelmed.

Beelining to a place beneath a stairwell she knew she'd be able to hide in, she caught a fleeting glimpse of Soren sat against a wall- and as she passed him, she raised her hand in a quick wave of polite greeting. Seemed a nice guy... worth saying hello to, even if it was just for a moment. She'd no idea if he had even seen her gesture, but she did not stick around to find out, knowing exactly where she was heading. A little nook... not many tended to go near it, for it wasn't the most spacious, but it was at the very least a quiet place to organise herself before class.

Soren stared blankly at the tiled floor before him, quietly munching away at his Cheez-It's to kill the time. Students from other classes had already been trickling out before the bell, but he paid them no heed; it wasn't like they'd notice him anyway--

"Huh?"

Suddenly, the quick wave of a hand broke into his periphery, causing Soren to look up out of pure instinct, and he saw, yet again, the quiet and modest visage of one of his former group members. Was she... waving at him? His instincts took another successful shot at his composure, as Soren turned around--surely she'd been addressing someone else. Unfortunately, the cold embrace of drywall collided with his head in a resounding THUD, reminding him of his current location and confirming what he couldn't believe. Once again, the normally invisible Soren had been the recipient of someone's attention.

Feeling his face flush with embarrassment and pain, he quickly returned his gaze up front, praying that no one had seen his slip-up, especially the one who'd caused it (though anyone in the vicinity would definitely have heard it). To his relief, it seemed that her wave was the only motion Fin had allowed, as she had quickly passed by with nothing more, her eyes visibly focused on her own destination. Regardless, Soren resolved not to leave her hanging and immediately regained his bearings, standing up to return her gesture. Fin had already gotten a headstart, so any silent motion would go unnoticed; Soren instead cleared his throat and spoke, quietly but hopefully audible to the intended audience.

"Hey there. Sorry, I almost didn't see you. Surprised you saw me, though."

The last sentence was spoken under his breath, but Soren opted to stay where he was as he greeted Fin back. If she was willing, maybe they'd strike up another conversation, but if she was in a hurry to be somewhere as her disposition had suggested, Soren didn't want to be of any hindrance.

Fin did not quite have a knack for going unnoticed, but she'd always known being unremarkable was her status quo. In most ways she wished she'd stayed wholly regular- then, maybe, she'd have been able to talk. Maybe she'd have a friend or two, then...

At the clearing of a throat, Fin stopped and looked over, a light of surprise in her eyes. She hadn't quite startled, having felt the presence- most of her shock stemmed from the fact she was being spoken to. Usually she was the initiator of most social scenarios- and perhaps that had been the case here, too, because the person who'd spoken to her was Soren. Short-lived stupefaction melted into something more pleasantly neutral, then- a smile of greeting offered. Backtracking on her path, she made her way over, swinging her backpack onto her side. Her tongue poked through her lips as she rooted through the front pocket, eventually producing a little pocket notepad and a blue pen.

She dismissed his apology, quickly signing 'no problem', and flicked through the pages of the notepad until she found a blank one. Masses of words blurred past until she found a spotless page, one upon which she quickly scribbled a message. I've been told I'm quite observant, it read, and with its presentation Fin dressed herself with a smile- the expression was genuine, despite its thin weariness. It was mostly honest, wasn't it? No reason to disclose how she'd managed to become so aware.

Ah, she'd turned around. Soren watched as Fin glanced back with an expression of mild surprise, though it quickly changed to the same weary, yet warm smile with which she'd first approached him. It had also been Fin who deviated from her original course, as she walked over to him to carry on the conversation.

She'd quickly signed her reassurance in response to his apology after procuring her notebook and pen from her backpack, and Soren watched silently as she began to write, his face now returning its own warm amiability. When she'd turned her notebook to face him, the short message awaiting Soren quickly pulled a quiet but amused chuckle from him, and he nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, no kidding. Mrs. Beaker didn't even see me walk up to her today."

Unfortunately, this 'invisible' trait of his was completely out of Soren's control; he'd been burdened with a lack of presence for as long as he could remember, and the only thing he could do about it was amplify it. Not that he'd mention this out loud, though. A silence lingered between the two before Soren spoke up again, remembering Fin's original intentions to pass him by before he'd made conversation.

"Were you heading somewhere? I don't want to hold you up if that's the case."

Brown eyes crescented at the comment; she'd witnessed that whole ordeal, though it wasn't until now that her suspicions about the circumstances had been revealed. Mrs Beaker really hadn't seen him, somehow stood right in front of her. The real question lay in whether Soren was inherently un-noticeable or whether Mrs Beaker was just horrifically oblivious. Breath stuttered from her, a silent-but-tangible laugh... what a predicament, to be shrouded in secrecy out of your own control!

At his question the girl shook her head, turning her notebook back around to write another message. Really she was surprised he hadn't bailed on her already- even Fin's own mother tended to get tired of the back-and-forth of writing and speaking. Though if anyone had the right to be irate with Fin, it was her mother.

I was trying to find somewhere quiet before Biology but I'd rather chat than sit on the floor by myself. Her face did not waver- this certainly beat sitting alone and stewing on some rogue thought that wandered into her mind... whether it was her own or someone else's.

Soren waited silently as Fin returned to her notebook to write her response to his inquiry, and though what felt like a one-sided conversation with him being the only one speaking out loud didn't really bother him, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't curious as to why Fin opted for her own silent communication. She certainly wasn't deaf... mute, perhaps? Regardless, Soren hated to pry, especially considering they'd only 'formally' met last period; it seemed Fin was done writing her next message, so he returned his focus to the conversation.

I was trying to find somewhere quiet before Biology but I'd rather chat than sit on the floor by myself.

A soft laugh escaped Soren once again as he read Fin's response, which reminded him that he'd been doing the same before she came along.

"Yeah, that does seem a bit more enjoyable, doesn't it?"

Suddenly, the digital bell sounded the official end of first period, the passing time beforehand finally killed, and Soren's eyes met Fin's upon hearing the electronic chime. They would now have five minutes to proceed to their next class, Biology, which they both could possibly share, according to Fin's latest message. Students quickly began filing out of their classrooms in larger droves, meaning the hallways were about to become much more cramped, so Soren spoke, straining his voice above the growing clamor so as to be heard by Fin.

"You got Biology with Mr. Featherson, too? We can head over now and chat on the way, if you'd like."

Agreement moved her head in a nod- her own often-lonesomeness was not particularly borne of choice, but rather a simple necessity. When you chose not to speak at all, a lot of opportunities to meet people were erased from existence. And- maybe Soren understood that, with his apparent unintentional ability to avoid detection. Being on your own was all dandy when you were used to it, but that didn't necessarily mean that you didn't want company. Fin would never shoo someone away if they came up to her- it was just that, until today, no one really had (and even in this scenario, it was arguable which one of them had started it).

The bell rang, and in a slight flinch Fin's eyes scrunched shut for a moment, bracing herself for the inevitable noise. Still, in all the din... well, it was difficult to even accidentally pry. And above the tumult Soren's voice seized her attention entirely, for she put every ounce of her effort into focusing on it; Biology with Mr. Featherson. In the same class, again- her smile did not fade at the realisation.

The girl shifted her weight between her feet and offered him another nod, signing 'sounds fun' with a flick of her hands. Swinging her backpack so it sat now upon both shoulders instead of just one, she kept her little notebook out- her handwriting would take a hit while walking, she imagined, but their classroom wasn't far away. I'm a bit better at this one than algebra, she wrote once they began walking, attempting to offer something of an assurance that she wouldn't be mooching off of him, her footsteps feather-light.

Upon hearing seeing Fin's approval, Soren managed a half-grin before the two set off for their next class, located in B113. Fin seemed determined to continue communicating via notebook despite their current state of motion, which Soren admired--his handwriting was small enough to risk illegibility even sitting down, so he couldn't imagine maintaining a modicum of clarity while walking. Fin turned her notebook once again to face him, and Soren quickly read through her message before responding.

I'm a bit better at this one than algebra.

"That so? I've always found myself having more of a knack for math than science, myself. Unfortunately means I have to try harder in those fields, though."

This had been spoken with a light chuckle, but behind his softspoken humor, Soren concealed a darker, underlying resolve. He had to try harder. Not just to alleviate a discrepancy in his natural, academic preferences, but to be perfect. This conversation didn't quite call for this resolve, however, so after swallowing it back down before it could show itself in any other way, he turned back to glance at Fin and spoke again.

"If you ever need help with algebra, feel free to ask, either in or out of class; I could always use the practice in explaining material, especially if it's exam prep for next week. Any place works for me, as well."

Soren had been forced to become comfortable with living by himself most days; his mother's occupation spoke for itself, while his father... well, that bit was a little more complicated. He had no idea where that guy was most of the time, given how often his job required him to move around the globe. Having people over wasn't common, but surely it wouldn't be a problem; so long as it didn't get in the way of... his other thing.

The two continued to chat before eventually arriving at their destination and taking their seats. The bell rang shortly after they had settled in, and Mr. Featherson began his lecture in usual, deadpan fashion.

"Good morning. Hope you all had a good weekend, though not too stressful, since everyone of you must have been so ex-cited to come back to.... Biology. As iterated last Friday, we'll be conducting a lab on plant and animal cells, so let's get started by getting a lab packet from the front desk and then your safety equipment in the back..."

DING!

"Alllllllright, class, who's ready to learn about the Ameeeerican Reeeeeevolution?! We got a whole lotta fun events to talk about, like the 7 Years' War, the Boston Massacre, the winter of Valley Forge, and the countless battles that obviously resulted in just the most super fun and happiest time for both the colonies and British Crown! Don't forget, y'all also have your short answer questions due at the beginning of class tomorrow, so don't forget to have them printed as well as written in the correct format, which you can use the provided outline in Google Classroom to verify...

DING!

Soren heaved a sigh as lunch time finally arrived, and as he reached into his backpack to retrieve his lunch bag, he turned to glance at Fin, who'd happened to have history class with him as well and now sat next to him.

"Want to eat together?"

DING!

"GET ON THE LINE, MAGGOTS! WE'RE DOING SPRINTS UP AND DOWN THE COURT 'TIL YOU CAN FEEL YOUR LUNGS IN YOUR THROAT AND TASTE 'EM BREATHING IN YOUR MOUTH!!!"

Soren saw the face of God that day.

DING!

"Good afternoon! Some of you look... deathly exhausted, are you okay?? What did Coach Talon do this time? Um, if you can, today will just be a work day for you all to make progress on your Pride and Prejudice presentations, so I'll leave you all to it and trust that you'll be productive. I'll be at my desk if you have any questions or need assistance."

DING!

"Going to martial arts club today; you coming with?"

"Me? Heck no, not after that one guy wiped the floor with literally everyone last week. Didn't even look like he was breaking a sweat."

"Ohh, that guy. Have you seen him around lately? I'm not sure he even goes to this school."

Soren looked up slightly, though his gaze remained focused on the notebooks and supplies on his desk. He overheard the two conversing students behind him as he shoved his things into his backpack, vividly remembering what had happened that day with a quiet but dry scoff. Of course they didn't notice the culprit right in front of them. His eyes then rested on Fin, who he'd surprisingly seen and spoken with all day, as they had turned out to share the exact same schedule aside from their optional 7th period. After slinging his backpack over his shoulder, he approached her with a slight grin and a humored exhale.

"I know we haven't really spoken much until today, but I didn't know we had the exact same classes. Funny how that works. You have a way to get home?"

Suddenly his phone vibrated in his pocket, distracting him momentarily; Soren excused himself after signing an apology and checking his device. A notification with text flashed in his eyes, and for a split second, his typically normal gaze darkened before he turned back to glance at Fin. A brief glint of urgency peeked through from his irises before Soren apologized once again, speaking even as he'd already made for the door.

"Shoot, sorry, something just came up. I'll see you tomorrow, though; get home safe!"

Though he moved with an urgency, what should have been the quick thud of his footsteps rushing to leave produced no sound, and Soren weaved through doors and people with an agility he didn't often let slip. He fumbled in his pocket for his earbuds while he unlocked his phone and opened an app, and after plugging the earbuds into his device and ears, Soren's pace quickened, a digital voice now relaying an intercepted message through police communications.

"We have new intel on two cases. An arms deal at the Silver Sand Docks, conducted by the Double Drakons at 2050 hours, a yakuza human trafficking run at the warehouses at 2215 hours. Please advise."

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
After a long day of lessons and studying Jake was pretty relieved when they were eventually allowed to go home. He packed up his things from his final lesson and began his walk home. It didn't take him long and he soon made it to his house, he entered using his key, knowing both parents were probably still at work. He went to the kitchen to make some food, while he was making a sandwich his right hand shifted and then moved to right on a nearby notepad come on nerd boy, my turn now Mischief wrote, Jake read the message and sighed, "yeah, yeah, just let me eat and then put my stuff away then it's your turn to do as you please" Jake muttered in response, finishing the sandwich he was making and eating it as he made his way upstairs, he put his school stuff away and finished the sandwich, he then removed his glasses and placed them on his bedside table, "OK Mischief, have fun" Jake said before closing his eyes and laying back, he then twitched slightly before his body began to shift before eventually Mischief was in control, he sat up and decided he felt like hanging out someone where this evening, so after going through his list of discreet hangout locations he settled on the docks and prepared to head out.

DevVoid

While the two were still sat at the desk, they would find themselves suddenly down one person. Despite being wheelchair-bound, Edward knew how to sneak away from people, having already packed up and cleared his belongings from his desk and into his bag. He had rolled wordlessly by Mrs. Beaker's desk and dropping the quiz while the teacher was distracted with another student and quietly moved out of the room. He wasn't intending on saying goodbye - after all, he was probably gonna see these guys in the next class, so it's not like he'd not be seeing them for the rest of the day, making goodbyes unnecessary.

Now, onto his favourite topic. Biology. Anatomy and Genetics were especially interesting to him, for quite obvious reasons. Not only was the content just generally interesting to him to learn about, but it would also inevitably help with his unusual ability that allowed him to re-write his DNA like a pencil on paper. Here's hoping he could sneak out some stuffs from the lesson for later..

----------

There went Biology and here came History. From his favourite topic to his least liked. Not because History was something he found boring, quite the opposite, it was nice knowing that people were always shitty to everyone who was different from the norm, both back then and even today, so really, nothing much has changed. World's still a shithole, just a bit less than before. What more ruined the lesson was Ms. Wingley and her.. uh, 'vibrant' personality, as he'd call it. Nothing against his teacher, she just wasn't the type of person he'd usually want to be around if given the choice.

----------

Oh boy, lunch time. Time for Eddie to sit idly by a corner by himself, both unable and unwilling to join any of the tables full of strangers and eat, truly making him the very symbol of an outcast. Well, to be fair, eating by himself did also have its perks. For one, no boring idle chatter around him that he couldn't care less about. Less chatter meant more quiet time, which meant more time for him to be alone with his thoughts. Though he may look like a loner, really, it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

----------

Ah yes, P.E. That time of the day where Eddie (quite literally) sat back and watched as his classmates exerted themselves. However, he decided to do a little bit of tomfoolery today. Seeing how Sprints were the main focus today, Edwards decided to hop in on the fun. ..Or rather roll in, as he just rolled his wheels alongside the others, driving his chair like a race car (minus the paint job.. and the car engine.. and the adrenaline.. and pretty much everything else.), even taking over some people. If only turns hadn't been invented, he'd have been the king of the sprint were it not for his inability to drift. Curse you, Physics!

----------

And finally, the final lesson of the day - English. Or rather, English Literature to be specific. He neither liked nor disliked this specific class, not forming high of an opinion over it. Was neither something he liked, nor something he disliked. Reading books was fine, but was all this analyzation really necessary? What if that blue carpet on that one random chapter did not have an intricate and complex reasoning for being the colour it is? What if the author just felt like making it blue on a whim and had no ulterior motives for it?

----------

At long last, this day of school was finally over and done with. Wheeling himself out of the building, Edwards decided he'd dedicate this day to his alternate persona, or simply 'being a hero' as others would call it. Really it was nothing more than putting on an alter ego and deciding that putting oneself in danger for a morally-good public standing is somehow worth it, despite the fact that history's proven that being on the 'good' side, even while having powers, is never a good idea. Hell, sometimes it's even worse idea to be good while WITH power than without.

Rolling himself back home to the Orphanage, Edwards wheeled himself back to his room, waving to his fellow orphans and caretaker. Then, just moments later, a new figure exited his room. Tall and lanky, way too much hair on their head that stood up in spikes as if they had just been freshly shocked and were charged full with static electricity, yet still lying low enough to obscure the eyes, but not the vision. Wearing nothing but a black tank top with matching shorts, socks and shoes. And, squeezed right on top of all that hair was a simple red-white cap, comically squeezing the hair down as if having somehow fit within.

Quite the unassuming look, if one were to overlook the vast majority of effort put into growing the whole, actual bush covering the man's head. This was of course still Edwards, but taken on to quite a different look. At this point, he was no longer Eddie, nor Edwards or even Ed. He was a nameless, faceless person without a trace leading back to any sort of identity. Well, there was one, but given there was no connection, he doubted it'd be much of a problem.

" Going out so soon again, Ed? "

Passing through the hallways, Eddie walked past Alice, who looked at him with concern. She was already quite aware of his little hobby of going out and crime-fighting, though she'd never seen his work in person thanks to him both being so secretive about it and her just having her hands full with the other kids who needed more attention than the more-or-less self-sufficient Eddie. The transformed figure shot a glance and a reassuring smile to his caretaker.

" Yup. No need to get worried, I can take care of myself. "

" Alright, just be careful. There's a lot of bad folk lurking out there at late times like now. "

" Of course. Not intending to lay myself to waste out there carelessly, after all. "

With one last wave, the slender figure disappeared from the hallway and passed through the exit of the Orphanage, standing tall outside the building. Now, if he were a criminal, where would he be hiding out at this time..? An alley? No, too obvious. That's where all the smale-scale and newcomers tend to flock to. A warehouse, perhaps? Maybe. Or perhaps even the docks. Both seemed very likely, so that's where he'll check. First the docks he knew about, then the warehouses. He'd estimate he'd be checking the second locations by 10PM, given both his pathway from here and his intention to check elsewhere first. Maybe, just maybe he could find something today to 'break up', so to speak. His manner of breaking criminal activities up, at least.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Pierre's schedule really wasn't like the others, for one, after Math class had ended, he headed straight to his therapist, since it was Monday, and this was his weekly schedule with her. A main topic in their discussion in therapy was his anger management, and his trauma regarding his father's death. It took up the entirety of Biology class, and soon enough, the bell rung, and it was time for the next class.

The next classes were simple and easy, very straightforward and after about four more hours of school, it was finally time to get back home. It was already about five o'clock in the afternoon when he got home, and if he wasn't mistaken, the human trafficking run was happening at around ten in the night, so he had a lot of time to waste. So, A few hours on his textbooks reviewing their lessons on most of the topics and lessons they had throughout the day, just to spend some time before he needed to go over to Warehouse 51.

Silver Sand Docks - 2045 Hours

The evening air was laced with the eerie whisper of waves onto the shore. The Silver Sand docks were old, worn, abandoned after four long decades of use as a trade port before a new location had taken its place. Not much of civilization resided in the vicinity either, which made the docks a faithful stronghold and hub for crime. What was often a ragged, crumbling building was now dimly lit, occupied with dozens of men, many of whom brandished firearms and melee weapons at their sides. They spoke in a hushed clamor, grumbles and mutterings softly echoing throughout the interior of the structure. The seller was running late.

The Double Drakons were a notorious gang that had made their name known throughout the criminal underworld for generations. With factions across the country, they wielded substantial power and control over drug operations, the mercenary workforce, and, in this case, arms deals. Suddenly, the rumble of an engine from outside the building seized the gang members' attention as a semi truck pulled in with a large crate in tow. Upon the vehicle's arrival, the Drakons gathered around where it had parked, watching as the driver stepped out to greet them. He'd arrived in overwhelmingly Western garb--ten-gallon hat, trench coat, boots, and all--and flashed a toothy grin as he approached, speaking with an equally overwhelming drawl.

"Evenin', gentlemen. Apologies fer the delay, hadda wait a little longer 'an expected fer the shipment, but it's finally here."

Walking over to the crate, the seller pulled the hatch and shoved the door open, revealing several boxes stacked neatly inside, and his smile widened as he turned back to glance at the Double Drakons.

"Ready to talk shop?"

- - -

Warehouse 51 - 2200 Hours

The nighttime autumn breeze breathed softly through the city of New York, and the full moon cast its light through the clear, ink-black sky and onto the metropolis below in tandem. The “City That Never Sleeps” lived up to its moniker despite the time, as cars and citizens bustled through the streets, proceeding with their days as usual without a care. But far on the outskirts of the city was a cluster of decrepit warehouses, the landmark of an area that had a much earlier curfew, and the only sound breaking the silence was quiet whistle of the wind...

And the screams.

The warehouses had been built nearly a century ago on the edge of a less-than-fortunate area of Coastal New York, and though it was known that the streets of this region fell quiet much sooner than the more central parts of the city, there was an underlying environment, unbeknownst to the citizens who had far more to worry about in this part of town, that truly never slept. The units were old, rusted, abandoned. Condemned for years from their wear and tear. And yet, those seeking opportunity found steadfast bastions within the buildings’ crumbling, barely illuminated interiors, as well as a hotspot for criminal syndicate activity where their ambitions could be achieved without the harsher scrutiny of the police department or other forces who would seek to intervene.

Tonight, in particular, a yakuza faction had gathered in Warehouse 51 to conduct their monthly run of human trafficking for sexual slavery, preparing their shipments to be promptly transported. An especially lucrative part of their business, the money they earned from the bodies sold provided greater opportunities to purchase arms and further facilitate their influence in the underworld of New York. And with every successful deal, be it of weapons or women, the yakuza grew stronger, and the Golden Lion’s fangs grew sharper.

“Get moving!”

Wails of despair rang through the warehouse as the victims were dragged and shoved into crates; the faction members in charge of loading spared no compunction in being as rough as they desired, shouting aggressively and using tasers--albeit sparingly, so as not to inflict any visible injury that could potentially tarnish the product--to ensure that their cargo complied. Commands to keep quiet, keep moving. No one was going to help them. Not here. Even if they were to scream at the top of their lungs, no one would ever bother to listen.

Yet scream they did, forcing their cries and sobs through parched throats and cowering as they were forced into their enclosures. The sounds of hopeless anguish fell on naught but willfully deaf ears, as other yakuza members who weren’t currently occupied with moving the human trafficking victims either talked amongst themselves or guarded the perimeter, each one of them brandishing a firearm as they stood. Withholding their indifferent gaze from the victims' despair, those who oversaw the security of their deal remained in their positions outside and inside the warehouse, as they scanned for any potential threats to their business.

| Korutesu |

It's Zappin' Time

Oh, how time flies.. Pierre peeked over to his clock, looks like it's time to stop that human trafficking gig. Pierre grabbed a darkly colored coat, with a ruffled hood and some leather gloves, which had holes on his pointer and middle finger. Soon enough, he was ready to go out and save some lives from the yakuza. Time was 10:00PM, which means he could probably make it to Warehouse 51 before the deal happens, so taking them down during the deal should work the best. A flash of blue light flashed through the streets, as he made it to Warehouse 51.

Tough crowd, there were a lot of guards, of course, that was probably a given due to the amount of money involved, but also due to the fact that the police force was investigating about the yakuza, which is where Pierre got the information about the yakuza themselves.

"Okay, plan of action is I go in through the window, wait until the trade happens, and start my attack. Okay, that's good." He thought in his head. It was always good to have a plan, even if he didn't follow them most of the time. Sneaking in through the window, he waited behind the boxes, waiting for the deal to start, and soon be able to save these guys and move out. Although, hopefully nobody else is around to mess up his original plan, especially since superheroes are still running around, stopping crime, especially at this hour.

It had indeed been an eventful day- and one that had been spent with unexpected company. In sidling over to a classmate in order to avoid any pointed obligation, Fin had not expected to run into him again- much less end up sitting next to him for the rest of the day. No complaint would leave her, though- and not simply because she refrained from speech. There was nothing truly to complain about... and she'd not struggled much in the classes that had passed. Biology had been more enjoyable than usual in good company- and History was always at least a little bit interesting.

Eating lunch not alone in a corner for once had been nice. She'd been sure to offer Soren a small motion of thanks- it likely wasn't the most entertaining thing to do, sitting in silence with someone who didn't speak. Unlike some she'd met, though, he didn't seem to mind.

PE was decidedly torturous, even for someone in shape- though English brought sweet reprieve in its simplicity. And then- then, that was it. How she'd not managed to realise the two of them had every class bar one together was beyond her, but it would be useful knowledge by now. Hurriedly, Fin nodded at Soren's query- she didn't particularly want anyone near her home, and inwardly cursed herself for fearing judgement- and as he glanced at his phone screen, she diverted her attention, not wishing to snoop on his texts or his thoughts. The sound of his voice again brought her back to earth- there was urgency struggling through him, she felt it. Something had come up, evidently.

Her worn smile kept staid, and she waved goodbye before hurriedly signing, 'thanks, I had fun today'. He moved fast, but did not make a noise as he departed- something they had in common, she supposed.

--

THE DOCKS ; 20:45

Fin had no kind of intel, had nothing except instinct- and scouting the area was something that had to be done carefully, even if saving people was often done on impulse. But over time she'd learned a lot of common crime-spots, be it through research or simply feeling distress wind its way toward her on the air. The docks, long-abandoned, were somewhat of a hotspot.

When Fin performed her vigilante work, she had not the same level of complete caution regarding her identity as many others did. Her face was not covered, though her windblown hair was tied back. Dressed in dark clothes and a navy raincoat, she at least camouflaged herself with the night. Learned stealthiness kept her well-hidden, and should anyone with malicious intent spot her, escape was rather an easy feat.

Hooded, she lurked in the shadows. With practice she had learned the art of being undetectable when she wanted to be, her steps feather-soft and her breath silent. Low voices buzzed toward her on the wind- she could sense people nearby, just outside a ragged old building. She sensed several minds- and from a hidden vantage point, spotted the glint of gunmetal in the low light.

Shrinking down, Fin subconsciously assured herself that she was the only one who could sense fear- that they would not spot her, and that she always had teleportation-plan-B if anyone shot in her direction. There was no reason to rush into action, not yet... she would lie in wait for the moment, an attempt to glean as much information about this trade as possible. This was no petty larceny she had stumbled upon.

DevVoid

10:00 PM. 'Abandoned' Warehouse.
It was time. As the nameless entity lurked within the shadows, his enhanced sense of sound could already pick up on the suffering of the captured, the snickering of the dealers, the scoffing of the armed guards. Perfect.. that meant he had no need to be remorseful to this filth of the earth. Usually, criminals like these needed to be locked away.. but really now, when has prison ever served to reform a criminal? Even so, these guys seemed to be part of something bigger. They looked.. expendable. Whoever their ringleader was, he had no doubt that there were more of these guys at their disposal.

" Hey! Who's out there?! "

A bush was rattled, causing one of the patrolling men to stray from his path to investigate, pistol drawn and held at the ready. What he saw was some shadowed person standing in the distance, opting him to assure that nobody would try to disrupt the ongoing trafficking within the building. As he stepped forward and shone his flashlight around, there was nothing out of the unusual.. well, almost nothing. He could hear as his right shoe stepped into something wet, like a puddle. His gaze was averted to the ground, his light shining on a mass of human skin, now feeling something slither quickly up his legs.

Before even a scream was formed, the mass covered his head like plastic wrap. His attempts at cries for help were muffled and silenced, his pained face just barely recognizable underneath before it all went quiet and the guard fell to the ground, completely motionless.. not for long however as a few minutes later, his open hands clenched together a few times before balling into a full fist and back into open palms again.

The mass was gone, now having taken control of the body as if wearing a mascot costume, completely filling up all the crevices within their innards like asphalt being poured in a crack on a road, lastly creating a separating mixture of thick layers of muscle/sinew, bone and chitin (in that order) between host and victim, adding extra durability, strength and agility to his vessel.

Then, as if nothing had happened, the blob-controlled-body stood up, adjusted his coat, pat his chest as if removing dust off of it and continued on back to the warehouse, attempting to stay out of sight of the other guards to get a closer look.

Last edited:
2047 Hours

He could finally feel it. The evening wind gliding through his hair, gently tossing around the scarf that obscured his nose and mouth, breathing lightly against his skin. He took a deep inhale, closing his eyes as he stretched out his arms and leaning back. Drinking in the darkness and shadows of the cloudy, indigo sky, this moment truly was the only time he could feel it. It hadn't been often, lately, that he had a chance to enjoy a moment like this. A feeling like this.

Freedom.

His silhouette stood tall, cast against the lustrous moon on the roof of a building, one of many that oversaw most of the bustling metropolis below. Not that the building mattered, really--any roof secluded from the noise of the city provided ample refuge for Soren to have some quiet time to himself and clear his mind after what was always a long, busy day. However, in every instance, this time was for him to focus on what he'd be doing next, and today was no different. As much as he'd enjoyed his sanctuary of solitude, everything needed to be done with a purpose.

Today's purpose lied about a mile away on the coast. Courtesy of a hijacked police radio linked directly to an app on his phone, Soren had tracked an arms deal for the Double Drakons set to begin in about three minutes' time. Part of him had once felt a twang of guilt upon abusing his mother's occupation in pursuit of his own hidden work, but any such feelings needed to be rooted out as soon as possible, along with doubt or indecision. This was something he had to do. It wasn't pleasant, but it was necessary. Three minutes likely wouldn't be enough time for him to arrive from where he currently was, but perhaps his late arrival would make the gang comfortable, if only for a moment. Made it all the more fun for him.

Soren breathed out, his exhalation muffled through his scarf before he stood at the edge of the roof, setting his sights on a route to the Silver Sand Docks. Enough time had passed--his mind was cleared of distractions and hesitation. As he took in deep breath after another, his figure became shrouded in wisps of black and purple, growing and breathing like a living fire around him. The strands of shadow were thin, yet they carried a dense resolve as they danced. Finally, Soren kicked off the roof of the building, his footsteps eerily silent as he leapt through the air, and silent once again as they landed on the next roof down. And the next. On and on, as he set off for his destination.

The Silver Sand Docks - 2100 Hours

The sounds of split wood rang through the occupied building, as the Double Drakons began tearing into the wooden crates containing their cargo. Awaiting their eyes was a plethora of firearms and explosives, all more than capable of wreaking every kind of destructive havoc if let loose, and the countless opportunities immediately flashed in their minds. The dealer wore a proud grin, rubbing his hands as he allowed his customers to observe the product, and after a few more minutes of doing so, he spoke up once again.

"So, clear to me y'all are liking what you see, and these goodies need no further explanation. Simply put, what you see in these boxes is power. I'm fortunate to have the price tags on this power, and y'all fine men are fortunate to have me give you the best deals. Now, to talk business..."

Meanwhile, a certain Drakons member guarding the perimeter set around the building stood vigilant, armed and ready to deal with any possible threat to the ongoing operation. There were about eight gunmen total keeping watch, himself, and though it wasn't like many people ever frequented these shoddy docks, none of them could afford to be complacent, no matter the situa--

CRACK!

Suddenly, the Drakon guard's face was abruptly slammed by... something, coming out of nowhere, and his head had hit the ground before he could conjure his next thought. Despite his shock, he attempted to scramble back to his feet, eyes darting around wildly to identify or locate what had just hit him. Unfortunately, what awaited him when he regained his footing was a sweeping impact to his legs that knocked him back down, followed by another swift, heavy blow to his head, rendering him unconscious without a sound. However, in the last seconds of his hazy, warped vision, he swore he could make out the figure of a man, cloaked in black and purple smoke, standing above him for a split second before vanishing.

Last edited:

DevVoid

" Oi Yosin, what are you doing away your guarding area? The Boss'll get mad if he catches ya like that! "

An unfamiliar voice spoke up. A member of this yakuza approached the walking, reanimated corpse of the formery living Yosin, now serving as nothing but a hollow vessel to a new host. 'Yosin' looked to the new man. The being realised that the former identity of its temporary shell was likely familiarized with this person, and that would mean big trouble as this person would likely have an easier time realising that this was not the man he'd knew. Not anymore.

" I'm taking a quick smoke break. Someone's got me covered. Want in? "

" But Yosin, you've never smoked before? "

Oh, shit. He had to think quick now. He was almost close to getting a closer look at the going-ons and intercept properly, he couldn't just let his cover get blown by such a stupid, yet very simple mistake! Think, think, think! What reason would anyone have to suddenly start- ..oh. Oooh. There it is.

" Life's been trouble lately. Smokes help me take the edge off a bit. "

" Ah, I understand. Sure, I'll join ya. "

Hook, line and sinker. Kept vague enough to not give away any specific information that was very likely to have been a complete shot in the dark and failed, but kept relatable enough as to not give off suspicions. The perfect excuse.. well, that's what he told himself, at least. Either way it worked and that's all that mattered, right?

" Let's go over there, I know a spot. "

And that was the last this man would ever see his co-workers, or anyone for that matter. As not mere moments later, 'Yosin' walked away from their secret spot, a suspicious, muffled symphony of continous crunching and chewing within the hollowed out shell of a man. Who knew the goons of crimelords would be so tasty?

From her vantage point- which was seeming less and less beneficial the more time that scraped by- Fin watched with wide eyes as men with firearms marched around the perimeter, the arms deal happening beyond their guard. Every silent breath she took felt weighted by tonnes, tumbling down her throat like it had to be heaved. Never before had she attempted to fully fell people with her powers, and she wasn't intending to start now, but... mental onslaught could be a difficult thing from which to break out, even in the aftermath of it.

One guard stood, eyes narrowed- and with her sights set she narrowed her gaze and set forth her ability. In his mind there would be nothing but a blinding image, white-hot as the pain from the deafening screeching in his ears. Like millions of nails-on-chalkboard, tinnitus set to tenfold its usual strength. Fin's narrowed gaze twitched slightly as she continued, screaming and screaming all while her lips were sealed tight. The amplified noise would, if everything went to plan, bring him tumbling to his knees with blood spurting out of his ears... that was when she normally stopped, reducing them to convulsing and confused bodies. They'd still be conscious, but barely...

Little did she know, there was another onslaught happening just around the corner. Another vigilante. Fin was too set on this assail to notice, and she could not break her focus until the guard was on his knees.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
In the darkness on the docks a figure could barely be seen jumping from roof to roof without a care in the world, Mischief yelled out in excitement. He loved the m9ments where he could speak out and get some fresh air, with the way he looked he was usually cooped up inside in fear of being seen. Mischief became so ingrossed in his own thoughts that he lost his footing and went clean through a skylight on a nearby building and fell several feet, landing on top of a man. Mischief rubbed his neck as he quickly sprung up, "oh damn, sorry mate, didn't see you there" he said jokingly before noticing the gun near the man's hand that he must have been holding and glancing up to realise that several other men were now staring at him, "ah I see, I've stumbled into something here haven't I, well I'll just leave you lovely gents to your illegal guns and stuff" Mischief said with a stupid grin as he turned to leave, he was alerted by the sound of a gun cocking and instinct kicked in, he took a sudden low stance and rushed the man, slashing his throat with a quick swipe of his claws and then using the man as a shield as several of his friends started firing "oi, you threatened me first alright, I will not be held accountable for my actions" he said flipping a guy off from behind his fleshy shield only to have his finger blown off by a gun shot "ow, that bloody hurt you prick" he said moving his hand quickly away "that will take at least a few minutes to grow back, that is such a hassle" he groaned before waiting to hear the sounds of reloading then throwing his human shield at the nearest guy and tackling another, he quickly clawed the man's face before biting another man that came at him with a knife, his then jammed his claws into the man's chest while still biting his wrist, from behind a third man tried to stab him only for the blade to glance off, he released the other man before turning to his new assailant "not enough force mate, got have more strength, or you know just shoot me dumb ass" he said before kicking the man in the chest sending him flying, he was then met with several assault rifles pointed at him "now, now gents, obviously things got a little out of hand, but that's no need to take drastic measures" he stated a little worried as to how he was supposed to get away from this.

Keep moving. He had to keep moving. One after another, on to the next. He had to keep moving until it was done.

Soren darted around the perimeter of the building, incapacitating every gunman in his path swiftly, silently, and without compromise. They had no time to react, no time to even make a sound as one by one, each unfortunate victim fell, hitting the ground unconscious, bruised, and/or broken. However, despite the ease with which he dispatched each Drakon, he continued to move with a sense of urgency in his soundless footsteps, as it was only a matter of time before someone inside noticed something was amiss. The shadows cloaked his movements, and as he deftly tore through the patrol, his attacks were simultaneously honed and optimized, each takedown more brutal and precise than the one before.

Suddenly, in his flow state, Soren was abruptly surprised to see his next target... already on the ground. He was sure he hadn't yet made a full rotation around the building, despite his ever-quickening advance, and the face of the gunman was unrecognizable. At least, beyond the pained visage currently contorting his features.

It was an odd sight: writhing on the ground, groaning through gritted teeth, the patrol member had both palms pressed tightly against his ears, blood leaking from between his fingers. How long had he been like this? What had caused it? A third party? Soren hadn't detected anyone else on the way here, and the thought of such an invisible attack further urged him to press forward. A stomp to the face, and the poor gunman was swiftly put out of his misery. He had to keep moving.

Aside from that small hiccup in his advances, it wasn't long before Soren had successfully cleared out the perimeter, as he now stood over the last Double Drakon member, who'd suffered a broken leg and heavy blow to the jaw, now lying unconscious. He'd made some wasted movements in his attack, not as polished as it could have been. Even though it was a successful infiltration, there were always places he could improve, situations he could have been faster in. Every minute detail needed to be honed to the highest degree, because there was no telling how far a loose end could be taken and abused. Perfection was quite the high standard, but Soren wouldn't be in this line of work if he didn't know he could meet that standard.

The sound of rapid gunfire suddenly grabbed his attention--had he been spotted? No, in his moment of broken focus, he'd gotten ahead of himself and briefly lost his senses. Assault rifles were firing from inside the building, as he was told by their atypically muffled bangs. Had the deal gone awry? An ambush from enemy gangs? Simple target practice? As Soren's mind flipped through and skimmed over countless possibilities as to the sudden open fire, he crouched under the view of windows before shuffling along the wall, stopping under the closest viewpoint and slowly peaking above. What awaited him was yet another surprise.

It was a kid--maybe even his own age. His attire screamed normal, and he would have passed as such, had it not been for the... radiant, white hair, cat ears, claws, fangs, and tail.

Hm.

Whoever, whatever this guy was had currently been going on a rampage of his own, though it was much bloodier and noisier than that of his unseen observer. Literally tearing through gunmen with his abnormal features and spewing trash talk, he'd been putting up more than a decent fight against what was essentially the entirety of a notorious crime syndicate branch, but after only a handful of casualties, it seemed that he'd found himself in a bit of a pickle, now surrounded by a tad too many semi-automatic guns for comfort.

In this sudden turnaround, Soren's mind raced. He worked alone; since he'd started, he'd relied on the shadows to strike fear in the hearts of many by his lonesome. An invisible, unstoppable force that made one man feel like fifty. He didn't kill, of course--that was the one line he couldn't ever cross--but anonymity was important, and the abnormality of today's run, which should've been a simple raid, no longer ensured a clean entrance and exit. But then again, there was someone who could be a kid like him, about to be riddled with bullets.

Soren heaved a silent sigh. This sucked.

- - -

"Now now, gents, obviously things got a little out of hand, but there's no need to take drastic measures..."

Albeit incredulously, the Double Drakons kept their guns trained on.. whatever was standing before them. They had no idea what he was, but he'd killed their comrades. That couldn't be forgiven. One particular gunmen spoke up, a smirk slowly beginning to creep across his visage as an idea popped into his head.

"Say, dealer, how about we give your products a bit of a test drive? Consider it compensation for us saving your life."

Suddenly, the already dim lights went out, power leaving the building with a dying, distorted whir. A startled clamor arose amongst the Drakons, though the ones with their guns trained on their target remained dialed in. Luckily, it wasn't quite hard to make out a 'person' with bright, white hair, but those who had free hands immediately pulled out flashlights to illuminate the space as well as possible. The dealer hadn't yet responded, and the gunman who made the test drive offer turned to glance back at where he'd last seen the man. Sure enough, there the dealer stood, but one glance was all it took to notice that something was wrong. Within seconds, the dealer crumpled to the ground with a weak groan, quickly losing consciousness, but what stood behind him was a much larger cause for concern. The Drakon swore loudly before bringing his gun up and rallying the others, his voice laced with terrified urgency.

"Open fire now! That thing's not the only one here--it's the Spectre!"

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Just as Mischief thought it was game over, the lights went out, while not the most strategically gifted even Mischief knew that this meant he should run but he had taken to long to get himself back in the right headspace and the men had already pulled out flashlights removing the benefit of the darkness. As Mischief began to consider a few possible semi strategies he noticed a new guy, he hadn't been with the arms dealers, had he turned the lights out, the men called him The Spectre or something maybe Jake knew something about that but Mischief figured he would use their confusion to deal with a few more, he charged the nearest man as the order to fire was given, he took down his target and dodged out of the way of one guy who turned to fire at him, he slashed through the barrel of the gun, and then slammed the weapon into the man's face, he heard the man behind him fire and attempted to get out of the way, he was not quite fast enough and got a bullet to his lower abdomen and to his left shin, he quickly shifted his weight to his right leg and launched at the nearest guy straddling his back and sending him into another man before leaping to the next trying to keep of his left leg as it began to slowly heal the bullet wound. He didn't get through many more, after plunging his clawed hand into a guy he accidentally landed using his left leg that was still healing and lost his footing colliding with one guy, he was then pinned to the ground by the guy he collided with and when he proved to strong for the man, two of his mates came to help him. Now pinned to the ground the armed men deemed Mischief no longer a threat and turned their focus completely on the Spectre guy, as Mischief struggled one of the men fired his sidearm into the restrained beasts spine, rendering him paralysed as he cried out and his body went into overdrive as it began attempting to repair the damage slowly.

A guard felled, Fin had moved on through the shadows, sticking to as many nooks as she could muster. Surges of presence made their way into her mind, spreading like contagion. Pathogens that latched onto her thoughts, invaded her mind and shrugged her own self from her head. Living with these intrusive surface-thoughts, a hyper-attunement to every figure and emotion around her, Fin had learned to keep her mind as her own. To concentrate only on what she knew to be herself. Unfortunately, it meant that she often shrugged off even useful presences...

Shouts, gunfire. Even her focus could not allow her to miss that- instinctively the girl ducked, cowering in darkness. There was no deflection of bullets anywhere near her, however. No, no- this was somewhere else. Out the front, from where she'd heard the voices- crouched in a cranny, she too caught sight of some... peculiar beast. Fanged, alabaster-haired... and seemingly intent on gaining all the gunfire. The face of the creature, though... did not look like an adult. Not gruff nor age-touched like many of their adversaries- no, this was someone around her age. Or at least, it was good at looking like it.

Pitch-black, all of a sudden- Fin attempted to tune in to her surroundings to get any sort of inward intel on what might have caused it, but without a line of sight there was no hope. Confusion rang out verbally and psychically among the gang members, and then- the thud of a body. Something- someone- was stood in the place of the dealer. Open fire, they said, it's the Spectre!

A shadowed figure, she could not make out the face- nor any defining features, other than the fact that this 'Spectre' was humanoid. Likely a vigilante of some kind. Had a name, too- something she was almost jealous of. A name was notoriety... was gratitude, almost. But whoever they were, Fin knew they were on the same side. Both fighting the same guys, and trying to help the white-haired creature-boy. And there was some blood-buzz of thrill within her as she decided she'd do something. A difference would be made tonight, because of her... even if it was as slight as the flap of a butterfly wing.

She was going to try harder than that, though.

Focusing on three consecutive gunmen, her vision keyholed around them. Her focus was quiet and intense as she ripped through the weak protection of their minds. There was little fortitude within those who acted by shooting at what they wanted to get rid of... especially when they were in the middle of shooting. In battle's fire, one tended not to notice when they were being pried apart.

Screech, deafening- lightning-bright blinding would flash in their mind, feedback bouncing off of the walls of their thick skulls. The silent scream was a soundless arrow that pierced through the trio, surging and relentless. Until they were on their knees, she would not cease- they'd be clutching their heads, near unconscious. Her eyes twitched at the effort, narrowed to slits.

One, two, three- felled, and she'd seen that flash of crimson from their ears. Her head throbbed drumbeat, and she could almost hear the sound of her own projection. She needed a moment, just a moment. A minute or so, while she waited for her own headache to ebb away. If she kept going and ended up inflicting that sort of pain upon herself by accident it would instantly knock her over, she was sure of it.

What happened next felt like mere seconds. Adrenaline coursed wildly through every conscious person in the building, gunfire and panicked shouts rang through the darkness. Yet, amidst the chaos of it all, where most would succumb to such choking pressure and suffocating action, the Spectre's wrath flowed with brutal precision and unwavering swiftness.

The Double Drakons' bullets struck air, as the shadowy figure standing before them suddenly leapt upward, trails of black and purple smoke following his movements. The gunmen had no time to react and follow where he could've gone, as the vigilante then landed directly upon one such assailant, stomping him into the ground and inflicting one more decisive slam to the face for good measure. Though the Spectre now found himself directly in the path of multiple Drakons' firearms, he spared no time in setting his sights on the next target, springing into action once again despite the threat of countless bullets fired his way. As long as he kept moving, he'd be able to dispatch one gang member after the other, trusting in his abilities and the other members' fear of shooting their own men. And that's exactly what he did.

The memories of his recent infiltration into the scene still fresh in his mind, the Spectre now entered the fray much closer to the peak of his senses and combat, knowing what had worked and what hadn't. How best to approach, engage, and break his target, then seamlessly move on to the next. Taking in the environment and knowing what provided adequate cover. With every detail observed and calculated, the Spectre was now free to wreak perfect havoc, and that was exactly what he did. Unleashing heavy yet lightning-fast strikes, shattering bone and spirit, he more than lived up to the fear and eerie chill his name evoked in the criminal world.

Suddenly, he found himself interrupted once again, as a trio of Drakons he'd deemed his next target abruptly fell to the ground before him, though he'd yet to inflict a single blow upon any of them. Screaming in what seemed to be more pain than the Spectre believed even he could inflict, they writhed and suffered, bleeding from their ears in a now familiar sight to the vigilante standing above them, who'd been brought to a brief pause in his advance. The invisible attacker had struck once again, and the Spectre didn't know whether the fact that he and whoever had caused this had shared the same target was coincidence or intention. Was he a target himself? A recipient of some sort of message? Regardless, the ever-continuing sound of rapid gunfire reminded him of his objective, and the Spectre continued to press onward after knocking out these three as well, though with this second occurrence, the questions running through his mind were growing louder.

Just a few more left. He'd finally made his way to the other guy--the other thing that had also intruded into the arms deal, but they seemed to be in much worse shape, now pinned to the ground and sustaining several bullet wounds. The gunmen apprehending the creature were the only ones who remained conscious, and having successfully apprehended the creature, they now turned their attention to the approaching Spectre, who remained undeterred in his approach. He sprinted at them as they trained their weapons on him, and before they could open fire, he silently leapt through the air, disappearing into the heights of the building's interior and cloaking himself in its shadows. The Drakons fired wildly into the dark, spraying aimlessly to maximize the probability of at least hitting him once, but the longer they fired, the heavier the realization came: he hadn't landed yet. The sounds of gunfire finally relented, and for the first time in several deafening, chaotic minutes, the building was quiet, save for the groans of the currently paralyzed beast.

The Drakons shone flashlights to illuminate the building, hoping to find any glimpse of the shadowy figure in the rafters, but to their confusion, there was no sign of the Spectre above them. Had he left through the skylight? Had he simply decided to... abandon them and their catch? Maybe there were other pressing matters going on, but would he really leave just like that? They lowered their guns and flashlights, and as they felt each silent, agonizing second tick by, they slowly dared to breathe once again.

That was their final mistake.

Immediately after they felt a modicum of relaxation, they were met with infinitely more painful blows inflicted upon them from behind, feeling their bodies break and crumple to the ground. Those who could manage to look up from their collapsed positions would see wisps of indigo smoke, emanating and breathing around the shadowy figure standing above them before they finally lost consciousness.

The Spectre waited until they slept before immediately heaving an audible sigh, quietly gasping for air as the building now fell silent. In his constant movement and attack without time to rest, he'd pushed himself to a painful degree, and the waves of nausea and exhaustion he'd suppressed while dispatching the Double Drakons finally overcame him and brought him to a knee. Turning to glance at the humanoid creature still on the ground a few meters away, he watched as the injuries crippling them slowly began to heal, mending flesh and closing ruptures. This guy seemed to have an infinite bag of surprises, but the Spectre paid them no further heed as he weakly stood up, meeting their eyes before turning to leave. Crossing through the slumped bodies of the crime faction, he turned a blind eye and deaf ear to their immobilizing injuries and frail groans, and as the wail of police sirens slowly began to fade into earshot, the vigilante left the building, disappearing into the shadows and exiting the scene.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Mischief watched on as the last of the men were dispatched by the Spectre guy and some unknown force. His spine had already healed enough to grant him the use of his arms and neck but had to really focus meaning his other bullet wounds and destroyed finger had been put on hold, he looked around realising the other dude had left "damn, didn't even get to thank him" he muttered as the sirens could be heard getting nearer "ah damn, I gotta get out of here" he said raising himself up on his arms to look around as the feeling slowly returned to his legs, he wouldn't be doing any extreme parlour for a bit but at least he could move, grabbing a piece of wood from one of the shattered crates he used it as a crutch and slowly hobbled his way out of the building as fast as his healing body would allow. He needed to get home so he could heal in peace "damn I'm glad Jake is the one who has to deal with any residual pain in the morning" he muttered to himself with a half hearted chuckle as he hobbled along as he heard the police arrive on the scene behind him he noticed another person, they seemed worn out, he hobbled over and spoke "oi girl, you might warner make yourself scarce before the cops spot you" he said leaning on his makeshift crutch.
@waluigipinball

DevVoid

Hiding from behind a crate filled with the pained and afraid whimmering of captured victims, the husk of a man stood, leaning over from the cover of darkness to get a good look at the targets ahead of him. A lot of men, all of them armed. Most had handguns, though some rifles were there as well. Doubtful he could get them one by one, given how closely packed the group is standing to one another. That left him with only one choice..

Confrontation.

Stepping out from his cover, the muffled sounds of digestion had stopped. Suddenly, the room fell dead-quiet. Even the trafficking targets fell quiet as this stranger blindly walked out into the open and seemed to confront their captors. The men raised their guns, pistols and rifles pointed at the hollow shell, who could only grow a faint, crooked smile as a response.

" Think we didn't know you weren't one of us? One of our guys caught a suspicious figure skulking around here, and I've got just a little feeling that you've got to do with it. "

The smile grew wider, but the mouth had not opened yet. This unnerved some of the less experienced men, but their grip remained unshaken.

" We're outnumbering you, 7-1. And we've got you at gunpoint. What makes you think revealing yourself was a good choice.

The vessel laughed with sealed lips, a malicious chuckle muffled behind its closed jaws. This only served to agitate the men, one of which gave the order to open fire. The scent of gunpowder filled the room as flashes of light pierced repeadetly through the surrounding darkness, bullets soaring through the air and casting holes into the man.. yet, no blood poured from the 'wounds' and the bullets fell crumpled to the floor, having barely made any headway beyond the skin itself.

" What the hell? You got some kinda bullet vest on or some- "

The head honcho's words were cut off as the creature now opened his jaws, his head and back having slouched back from the impact of the bullets. His head threw itself forward again to face the men, now laughing with an open mouth. This would have only served to make the gangsters more angry.. were it not for each one slowly noticing something was off. There.. in the dark corners of this guy's mouth..

There were two, bulging eyes staring back at them.

This significantly unnerved the men more, some dropping their guns to the floor.

" What the... what the hell are you?! "

The vessel crumpled in on itself like a collapsing star, as if being eaten by its own insides. Like a superhero tears off their clothes to reveal their costume underneath, the entity underneath absorbed its disguise, revealing itself. A new mass stood here now - a man, covered from head to toe in blackened chitin, grey reptilian scales and white, hardened, compact bone tissue. Bullet holes were visible where they had struck but failed to make way.

His face, now uncovered briefly from bone tissue to make a greeting, appeared human, but it was lacking hair and skin. It showed only a wide-open mouth with sharpened, animal-like teeth, two white, beady eyes with no pupils or other discernible details alongside two horns on the top of their fleshy, skin-barren head.

" Fine night for a little bloodshed isn't it, boys? Let's make this quick, shall we? "

The mass of pure nightmare fuel charged forward towards the armed men, bone growing over its face again, leaving only the eyes untouched. An arm formed into a large, club-like form while the other formed into a large shield to block any more bullets fired his way with. It was clobbering time.

" Oh.. no.. it's the Bloodfather! Take him down, quick! "

Watchful, she let her rest recharge her- and from her vantage point, observed the carnage. The Spectre- that was what they had called him- moved through the crowd with great agility, weaving through the shadows with precision. Confounding them one moment, knocking them out the next- he certainly worked quickly, that was for sure. For a moment- maybe, maybe- she'd seen him pause. Had he witnessed her work, bowling those three over with a precision strike to the mind? Her telepathic voice wailing in their minds, silent to any onlooker?

The thought that she had really helped- she could not deny that bubbling feeling of satisfaction. Ducking to the shadows once again, she let herself relax as the flashes of blue and red light and the distant keen of sirens faded into her awareness. That- that creature... was it alright? And the Spectre- well, as soon as her vision had befallen him one final time, he was gone with the shift of the shadows. His visage fresh in her mind, she would attempt to whisper a quick mental message to him. Thanks for the help, she would send, her mind's voice sparking along an invisible wire. If it reached him... well, wonderful. If it didn't, which was equally as likely given that she could no longer see him... perhaps she'd have to try if she ever saw him again.

Regaining the wind in her sails, Fin stood- and almost as soon as her mind had landed upon the wellbeing of the other figure, a voice pierced through her and pulled her attention. Limping figure, it was that... boy from before, calling her girl. Hiding her face, Fin nodded half-heartedly, signing her apology. She could not communicate, could she? Give herself away. Perhaps if she was going to keep doing this she'd need a better disguise. A surgical mask might do...

To the hobbling boy, whose injuries seemed to be knitting together by the second, Fin signed 'thank you' quickly before fixing her vision on a distant point. Cementing her landing-space in her memory, she built up her energy- and, should anyone have been looking at that moment, they would have seen her figure blink out of existence like a speck wiped from a surface. Quick as a mantis-strike, she had retreated.

Thanks for the help.

What? Soren stopped, his exit brought to an abrupt halt as a voice spoke unnaturally, resonating not only in his ears but in his mind. A quick swivel revealed no one else in the immediate vicinity that permitted them to speak so clearly to him, which only increased his concern tenfold. The voice was feminine and completely unfamiliar--was he supposed to respond? How would he even do so?

The memory of the Double Drakons suffering invisible attacks still vivid in his memory, Soren currently wasn't quite able to deal with the possibility of someone's presence in his own head, so despite his heavy exhaustion with every step, he silently trudged on, though his pace had quickened as substantially as his body would allow.

- - -

It'd been a long walk, and upon arriving back home, Soren wasted no time in beelining upstairs for the shower and now sat under the hot, running water for several minutes. Unlike his refuge outdoors in the heights of the metropolis that served to help him clear his mind, the repetitive, endless sound of rushing water crashing down upon him and drowning out the rest of the world only left him alone with his thoughts, for better or worse mostly worse.

Currently on his mind was the recent incident at the docks, naturally. There were the normal gripes, of course--he remembered every occasional fault of the mission, which was no different from every other operation. He could have been faster here, been more efficient there. However, the main issue at hand was the fact that what should have been an easy arms deal bust had become much too complicated for comfort. He worked best by himself, and yes, it wasn't quite that uncommon that others like him would take it upon themselves to engage in his line of work... but surely he couldn't be faulted for lingering on the oddities of today, could he? Some sort of humanoid beast that not only could heal at an accelerated pace, but also seemed to be in his teenage years as well, surely just that ought to have been enough to rattle even the most composed person. Not to mention the even larger concern from the same incident: the mystery invisible girl who'd spoken into Soren's mind. The possibility of telepathy connected her to the four Double Drakons who'd been felled right in front of him before he could even make a move, having suffered what seemed like a sound-based attack that ruptured their eardrums.

It wasn't long until the heat of the cascading water slowly threatened to pass the line of relaxation and exhaust Soren further, exacerbated by his rampaging thoughts, so with a mental slap in the face to bring him back to reality, he shut off the water and stepped out. Having toweled down and changed into much more casual clothes (his previous attire had been meticulously hidden in the back of his dresser), he now lounged in the living room, doing whatever he could in his solitude to wrest the arms deal's grasp on his mind.

And suddenly, an idea.

A memory of the school day earlier flashed briefly into his eyes, one of multiple conversations he'd struck with the newly-introduced Fin. At some point, they'd exchanged cellular contact information in order to plan study sessions for the upcoming algebra exam, and though it was a little later than usual for such an outing (around 10 PM), if Fin was free, helping her with the material could potentially keep Soren preoccupied enough for the night. Keeping his hopes at a manageable height, he grabbed his phone and quickly typed out a message, squinting at it briefly before shrugging and hitting send.

Good evening! It's Soren from school; I know it's pretty late right now, but I was wondering if you'd be available for an impromptu study session for the algebra 2 exam. I've done all the studying I need, so I've just been looking for something to do for the rest of today, and a little more practice with the material can't hurt. My place is open for the night, so if you'd like to come by, I'll have my address typed below, and you can just let me know whether or not you'll be here. No worries at all if not, though; we can always shoot for later in the week. Hope to hear from you soon o7

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Mischief watched as the girl did some kind of hand gesture that Jake probably understood and then she was gone. He then took one more look around and began to hobble his way home. It took him over an hour to get back, he had to focus more on walking than healing so his wounds hadn't got any better. He ditched his makeshift crutch and haphazardly climbed to his and Jake's room, he crept into the window and just about made it to the bathroom before he passed out, almost immediately Jake took control "no, no, no, no, no, at least finish healing" he muttered as he set about patching himself up as the physical parts of Mischief shifted back into normal. His finger had healed luckily and the torso and back wounds were only scratches now, but the leg wound was still semi deep and needed a bandage, as he finished applying first aid he thought over what had occurred tonight, Mischief choosing the docks to mess around at was pretty stupid on a regular night but tonight had been stressful to watch, luckily he had been watching so he knew that the girl had signed "thank you" as he knew Mischief would have had no clue. Of course Mischief was going to be out of commission for a little bit longer than usual, he had never used up so much energy before, so probably wouldn't be ready to take control again till late afternoon or early evening of the following day. Jake sighed and cleaned up before making his way to his desk, limping slightly, he decided to study for a bit then he would sleep and hope his leg felt better in the morning.