• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Toy Story 3 (SPOILERS)

Anyway, I've seen it, and I want to know if you guys have, or haven't. Or, if you're refusing to.'

Personally, I think it was the best from the series. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the original, but 3 just might top it. I didn't feel like any of the new characters were too much, and I loved the porcupine in ledierhosen. Which I can't spell.

NO REALLY SPOILERS I MEAN IT

There was one scene that I'll never forget -- the incinerator. I honestly thought that was how the movie was to end. I practically lost it when the Toys started joining hands as they faced their ultimate demise. But then the claw came in and everything was all happy again.

Also when Andy started playing with Bonnie I was a little weirded out.

Anyway, thoughts? Favorite scenes? Favorite new character? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Ha, I found the scene with Andy playing with Bonnie to be weird too, at first. Then it turned out to be kinda sweet, and a bit sad.

I really liked it, not as much as Up or Wall-E, but definitely top five Pixar movie (if not top three behind the aforementioned).

Was anybody else creeped out by Big Baby in every single scene it was in? How could that have been a child's toy?! That little girl had some weird taste in toys between Big Baby and the depressed clown. =\

My favorite new character was probably Mr. Pricklepants, mainly because of the name. :p

I was pleasantly surprised with Ken's character. I mean sure, he was ridiculous, but they didn't over do it with him and found a good balance that worked and made him entertaining.

I also like how this movie really felt like it actually had a story to tell, as opposed to just trying to cash in with on fond memories of beloved characters (I'm looking at you Shrek!).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RedRising said:
I also like how this movie really felt like it actually had a story to tell, as opposed to just trying to cash in with on fond memories of beloved characters (I'm looking at you Shrek!).

My thoughts exactly.

I thought the movie was excellent from start to finish. Nice plot, all of the main characters were exactly as I remembered 'em, all of the newer characters were enjoyable, and it felt like a really nice - and appropriate - ending. Personally I found the scene with Andy playing with Bonnie adorable, but also very sad... That movie had me on the verge of tears on several occasions. D':

The 'Spanish Mode' Buzz stuff was comedy GOLD. Laughed my ass off. XD

Ken was by far my favourite new character. I was cracking up in pretty much every scene he appeared in. Nearly died at the wardrobe scene.

I'm with you on the incinerator scene, Cody. Even though I knew that it couldn't be the end (the movie trailer had shown beyond that segment) I was still pretty fearful for the characters. That scene was intense and wonderfully crafted. The claw scooping them all up at the very last second was just the icing on the cake (and gods, I love those alien guys).

All in all, I think it easily rivals the first movie and completely trumps the second. Well worth the extra cash to see it in 3D, too. :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I think I might have cried at the very end of the movie if it had ended without any of the toys saying anything. I understand why they did it the way they did, but that was what knocked that welled up feeling out of me.

Also, it was so sad hearing about all of the toys that were gone, especially Bo-peep. Really felt bad for Woody right there.

As for the incinerator scene, that was such an amazing scene and it drew me in so much that I curse Pixar for constantly making me emotionally invest myself in there movies. Although, I wish my theater had been as cool as the one my friend went to; when the claw scooped them up everyone started clapping and cheering. Gotta love those random movie crowds. :p

I also saw it in 3D, but I could hardly even tell it was so, seeing as they didn't seem to appeal to the 3D too much. Which is good I suppose, seeing as some movies essentially use it as a crutch, but still. =\

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
RedRising said:
I also saw it in 3D, but I could hardly even tell it was so, seeing as they didn't seem to appeal to the 3D too much. Which is good I suppose, seeing as some movies essentially use it as a crutch, but still. =\

They did it differently. Instead of trying to make the 3D imposing, it was used mainly to show the depth of the movie and improve the visual effects (kinda like Avatar did). From what I've gathered, some people preferred that take on 3D much more than the usual in-your-face stuff. Instead of feeling like a gimmick, it felt that an immersion.

I guess it depends on what kind of 3D you like best.

Asdfghjkl. That's like the best movie ever.

I watched it with my mom yesterday. It was awesome. The story was amazing, like the best in the series, maybe because I've grown to love these characters so much and I've watched them grow up with me.
It was emotionally excruciating at the incinerator scene, I didn't want them to die! I was so scared for them. The LGM must have very good eyesight... we totally laughed at "The Claw" part though.
I was pretty much crying when Andy had to give Woody away because Bonnie already loved him so much. I was like "Omg, you can't give away YOUR BESTEST PAL!" but he did. He better know Bonnie more later, and when he has kids, she can give it back to his family. XP
The new characters were awesome, and they didn't take anything from the original gang at all. Lotso is so evil though! I bet if they showed up at Daisy's house he'd still get played with...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on another forum I go to said that 1 and 2 were just leading up to 3. And I agree. 3 may have supplanted 1 as my favorite of the series, and I could not have possibly asked for a better way to cap off the series. The incinerator scene was one of the most heart-rending moments I've ever seen in a movie, and the ending was wonderful. It was like the entire series was leading up to that scene.

OMG I saw this this morning. I absolutely loved and I'm so happy it didn't killl the series like shrek has already done. I was also creeped out by that baby and I was so pissed off when that bloody bear left them to die in the incinerator after Woody and Buzz risked their own lives to save him. The part when Andy played with that little girl was kinda weird but it was good because it took the viewers back to when he was a kid and he was just as excited to play with his toys now as he was then. Brilliant film.

Just saw this last night, and it was really good. I love how even the characters you only see a few times on screen are so developed and you really get a feel for their personality right away.

I really love how you can tell that lots of time passed by right away, with all the missing toys and the room being different and everything. Bold move there with getting rid of Bo Peep. I miss her </3 This movie makes me sad, 'cause I feel all old like Andy.

Mr. Tortilla Face was a weird idea. Big Baby was creepy. I wish I knew what Sid was up to these days.

"You guys... Barbie didn't write this."

I larfed.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
@Virgil: A friend of mine pointed something out about Sid. He said that the garbage man at the end of the movie is wearing a skull shirt like Sid always wore in the first movie, so that could be a brief cameo by him. I really wouldn't put it past Pixar to do that, seeing as they love putting little Easter eggs in their movies, so who knows.