• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Travelers of Kanto (Discussion)

The Pokémon are in their backpacks, resting. I have only said that once, and never again. XD Was bent for time and kind of rushed somewhere past the middle. XD I'll fix it up a bit and make sure the Pokémon are actually doing something.

Don't worry, I had a delayed response due to me and my band concert. We all have our delays and sometimes finding a weird way into a roleplay is weird. Not like delays and awkward openings are the same but whatever, they both take time.

Hi yes I would like to start with an Arceus.

TRAINER
Name:
Tobias Polrad
Appearance: A tall lanky boy with a forehead that looks like a battlefield, due to pimples. They've started to subside, but there are still markings of where he picked at them. He lets his blond hair grow long in an attempt to hide the pimples. However, his hair only manages to grow out, not down. So he is left with a mop of thick hair on his scalp. He's got fair skin and ocean blue eyes. He doesn't like to dress up for much. His "dressed up" is a dress shirt with rolled up sleeves, khaki slacks, and a tie.
Personality: A friendly dude, ready to start "living" in the "real world". Of course, his mom keeps trying to drill it in his head that life is already happening, he just needs to reach out and grab it. Overall, he's in a pretty good head space. Not too many secrets. And a solid, though small, clump of friends. Within these friends, he's a bit of a goofball. Always trying to fire off a good insult or joke. Sometimes he just enjoys a good conversation.
Traits: Charismatic, Over-the-Top, Compassionate
Trainer Class: Trainer
Other: None I can think of.

POKEMON
Name: Bud
Species: Arceus Deerling
Appearence: Fairly normal. However, as we are on the brink of spring, his brown fur is starting to grow out a bit more, and gain some pink pigment. The tuft of fur on his head is just sprouting.
Personality: Curious and Naive. He's a newborn fawn, still stumbling over himself. He is eager to explore with Tobias.
Moveset: Camouflage - Changes types depending on the environment. In the RP, Bud can also use his personal flora to hide himself in some situation.
Tackle - Not sure how to explain this one.
Sand Attack - Dusts sand up. Or dirt if they're not on a beach or a kid's playground.
Double Kick - Bap! Biff!
Other: It's not Bud as in "pal", but instead a budding plant.

@Mockingchu nice :D

Just to let you know, we are outside. The bulletin is in front of Professor Oak's Lab. Seraphina is at the edge of the crowd with Jade talking to her, Charles is just walking into the crowd with Pyros, Miel, and Shade greeting Charles as he greeted everyone. Stror and Ida were near the lake heading towards Route 21 before they start running back to the crowd. Everyone else I haven't mentioned are also in the crowd. Although, I don't think Anora and Tom have made an appearance, yet.

Everyone let me know when your ready for school to start. If it is a majority vote but not everyone is ready, then we can just allow the ready people to go in before the others. You will have until the 2nd homeroom bell to get into the classroom.

Trainer
--------
Name: Wilson Redfield

Appearance:
Wilson is a pale skinned boy with curly ginger hair and freckles. His eyes are an olive green, the thin lines under them occasionally projecting an impression of perpetual grogginess, though this is usually not true most of the time. He is of an average musculature and physical build, and upholds this through a love for socializing physically with friends and his own Pokemon. His height is 5'9 feet tall.

Personality:
Though Wilson could generally be considered quite energetic, he can be quite exhausted by elongated social situations. In fact, one of the reasons he decided to begin a journey was to attempt and shake this quite bothering habit. He will socially engage heavily in staccato bursts, and then crash and isolate himself afterwards. Though not particularly scholarly, Wilson still considers himself a person of well learned intellect, and is particularly interested in the psychological tendencies of pokemon, and to an extent, people, and so is always analytical of these traits when within interactions. He keeps a journal that includes summaries of his interactions and theories or observations concerning the content of them.

Traits:
[See Personality.]

Trainer Class:
Primarily Ice and Electric.

Other: N/A

Pokemon
----------
Name: Daniel

Species:
Spheal

Appearence:
Standard Spheal.

Personality:
Highly curious once adapted to a scenario, though will remain strictly with Wilson when in an unfamiliar environment. Is quite clingy when he gets attached to something or someone.

Moveset:
Ice Ball, Water Gun, Rollout, Aurora Beam, Body Slam, Headbutt

Other:
N/A (Yeah, I'm not very good at making Pokemon bios pre - RP).

Tell me if there's any issue with it, and I'll be happily to change the bio. Just keep I mind I probably won't be very consistently active, so take that as you will. I wouldn't want to hamper the rest of the rpers.

Last edited:
My four characters are already seated in the class.
Saraphina and Jade are walking slowly towards class. Last I saw of Charles was greeting everyone outside. Ida was talking with Stror around the entrance to Route 21 before my character dashed away. I'm assuming DMan will make Ida catch up with Stror.

Tom and another character I forgot aren't in the scene yet because their players are having difficulties making an introductory post.

I think that's all of them.

Hey there! Am I still allowed to join this RP? I'd love to come back into the world of roleplay, and maybe I can start with this one. Anyway here's my bio:

Trainer:
Name:
Steven Wilson
Appearance: Steven is 5'7 blonde trainer with glasses. He has a nice bright yellow sweater, and uh blue jeans I guess? He wears shoes with a red and blue mix of colors and carries a standard backpack. He's not the most muscular person, but he's been trying to take a few pounds off, he swears.
Personality: Steven is an enthusiastic, cheery person, and loves everything there is about Pokemon! He's been so happy about Pokemon all his life, and let's be honest who wouldn't? He's always trying to find a fun and peaceful way to solve a problem, but isn't a stranger to a good pokemon battle! His goal is to make everyone happy, even if that cost is more than he can afford.
Traits: Motivated, Average intellectually, Enthusiastic, and skilled!
Trainer Class: I guess just trainer lol
Other: Steven comes from a family near a shore, so he's quite an experienced surfer. His favorite food is french toast!

Pokemon:
Name:
Peanut
Species: Pikachu
Appearance: Peanut has a bright red ribbon on her tail, and she wears a necklace with a gem in the shape of a droplet
Personality: Peanut is as wild as the day she was caught! She loves battling opponents, even if it gets her into trouble sometimes. She likes to think she is the boss of EVERYONE, which also gets her into trouble. She just lives for trouble I suppose! She was a gift from Steven's grandmother, so she's been taught surf over a few months of training. Also hates losing, like a lot.
Moveset: Surf, Thunderbolt, Electroball, Iron Tail, Attract, and Nuzzle
Other: Favorite food is waffles

Hopefully I didn't join at a bad time lol

Last edited:
Okay, I need to make one thing clear that I just realized had a problem. We have a hand full of people and we are going to divide into different homerooms. Each year has two homerooms so there will be 3 homerooms total. I know there are age gaps so all of the Darastrix siblings will be in a homeroom alone for the period, sorry... Right now, I placed myself in the same homeroom as Wilson, but whichever one you want to join is up to you. Once homeroom is finished, the teacher will announce to the Trainer students that they will go to specific locations. If you don't have a Pokemon yet, they will take you to another building to get your Pokemon while the Trainers with Pokemon will join a special trainer to the outside court. Also, @NinjaDewott64 great post, but with what I just mentioned here, what homeroom did you run into?

What do you mean by homerooms? Like classrooms? Because the Darastrix kids are on par with high school students and their parents would have most likely had told Oak to put them in the class with all the big kids.

Well yes, you are on par with the top students, but you just have a special homeroom just for the morning. And if anyone does not know what a homeroom is, it is basically just a room you arrive in until your first period.