• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Tun's Sprite Stuff! REQUESTS OPEN

Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:. -splice requests open-

...Waka, waka, eh, eh much?

This has to be one of your best sprites so far. The shading, as always, is very good and the single-pixel white aura is a very nice touch. I like the subtle differences in the hair, to keep them apart. I can't wait to see what they're for- Though, for some reason, I get the idea they're Gym Leaders.

Keep it up<3

..Maybe remove Arceus and just do Shinx with Blaziken with Flygon :3

Last edited by a moderator:

2u4n7eh.jpg

herpderp.

100% scratched ~

...You're not going to do the thing I ordered a month ago, are you? o.o Never mind then.

Kaora said:
...You're not going to do the thing I ordered a month ago, are you? o.o Never mind then.

Wow, that was a bit rude. Just saying, as Tun's parent, that I don't appreciate your rudeness D:<

Anyway, Tun, it is all looking amazing as usual. You're skillz are teh mad and stuf. I do really like the splices, but in all honesty, I am eagerly awaiting more updates for your Fakemon and the region in which they live.

Also, scratched head-man is pretty cool. I'm wondering if there is something behind him character-wise or not.

( also also, I'm really sorry about killing you in mafia I'm an awful father. Don't hate me D: )

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

Kaora said:

Tun will do it when she's ready to do it. How about PMing about requests politely? Even if you didn't mean it, posting in Tun's thread like that was rather rude and isn't appreciated. Consider this an unofficial warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

oh, Kaora. Kaora, Kaora, Kaora. I try not to get agitated or have to tell people off in my thread but I just want to make it clear as to why I've been putting off on your request. I'm sorry for this, everyone, but ... </3

so, firstly, I have Magpie's feather in my thread. This pretty much means that if someone doesn't comment on my sprites then I probably won't do it. Sometimes, just sometimes, I do sprites for people who haven't commented if they've asked nicely enough or if I just feel like making a sprite; like if I'm bored or something. But you haven't commented on my sprites. And I do sometimes start procrastinating (lawl "sometimes" what am I talking about) but I've been pretty darn busy so, er, yeah. Your comment of "MUST HAAVE SPLICE" followed by a really awkward mix of PokeMon doesn't really comment on my sprites. Like, at all. </3

oh, and that's the other point I'm getting to. I said rather plainly "no awkward/complicated splice requests" and you asked for Shinx, Arceus and Flygon. A tiny weird desu lion cub thingy, the hula-hooping abstract goat god and a weird dragon desert insect thing. I get that a lot of PokeMon are obscure and don't sound like they would fit, but those three are a definite no. I mean, Arceus with almost ANYTHING is a big no. And Flygon isn't too co-operative either, really.
So yeah, I tell you that your request was a bit awkward and I'm fine with you requesting something else a little less weird, so that's cool. Then you ask for Shinx, Blaziken and Flygon. Now now, I said "Arceus with almost anything is a big no" but ... Blaziken. Really? That's like ... a tiny quadpedal thing, a mutant bipedal karate bird thing and ... a really odd dragon. Together? That's a little ... erm, well. I just don't think I'd be able to do this.

So maybe if you'd commented now, saying "Oh, [here's what I think of your new sprites]. By the way, was that request okay for you?" I would be absolutely fine with that! I mean, I would be a bit iffed because how the crap am I supposed to splice a Shizikegon, but I would politely explain that or shoot you a PM or something. I dunno. But either way, that would be that and I would ask for a much simpler splice.

But no.

Kaora said:

It's pretty clear that I'm busy, so rushing me isn't a very nice thing to do now, is it? And rushing me like this ... oh no, misses. This just won't do.
I'm afraid to say that I'm going to have to deny this request. And any other request you make in my thread, for the time being at least. I hate, hate hate hate having to do this, I really do, but you've really pushed my buttons and I just don't want to have to put up with this anymore.

I am sooo sorry, to you, to Magpie for having to deal with this, to Petey for having to listen to me moaning at him to let me post this, to everyone who reads my thread! I'm sorry you have to read this, and I'm sorry I have to post it, but what I feel has to be done has to be done. Or at least this bit does. I dunno.

/ENDRANT.

I should post some sprites now.
*ehem*

2e2ie4j.jpg

Th-thoughts? c:

~Tun ♥
(the next post of mine will hopefully resume my usual code of conduct here. I'm sooo sorry I had to rant like this but I had to get it across to Kaora and everyone else who would ever want to request something for me. Thank you all ever so much for bearing with me - if you do, that is <3333)​

AND THEN THEY ALL DIED IN A FIRE. Ahem. Back to something more relevant.

I really love what you did to the sprite bust, Tun ^^ The pale skin was a nice touch, as it gave the sprite a rather dramatic look. I think you should lower the nose and lips to the southeast just by a tiny bit, as it kind of looks like the jaw is extremely narrow in a Tim Burton-esque style. It also gives off a bit of depth. Other than that, you've outdone yourself as usual ♥

That looks absolutely stunning Tun! :D *hides inner jealousy wait what I didn't say anything >.>

But I really like how you shaded it! I've been trying my best to figure you out :p But I can't XD But the way you made it, it looks like it could be real hair :3

*hugs little Tunny*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

You've... you've grown. So much. :'D

You've gone from talented beginner to amateur to omgeveryonelovesyoursprites in a matter of, what, about a year? Maybe even half a year?

I'm so proud of you, Tun <3333

o.o That sprite is A-MAZ-ING! 8D It's great to see the making of both your busts - how it goes from a lifeless, emotionless face into a living, breathing face... then back to lifeless again x3 But seriously, the first face looks like a wise, older person and the other, to me (along with Jen) looks like a Tim Burton film face. Or maybe a vampire. (S)He looks happy in a serene way, almost creepy. Also, I can't tell if the character is a boy or a girl, which makes it even more complex! Keep up the good work, Tun! ;D

Tun-bun~! :'D
The everything. It works all so well ♥
Serene and creepy in the loveliest of senses describes this perfectly ^^

Oh Tunny-Tun! D':
There is so much prettiness in all and everything you do!
I'm sorry I haven't commented lately but hnnnngsdfghjkl squeee

I love all of your latest work! Like, a lot!
I can't wait to see more, just like always!
You're such an amazing spriter! :'D

Looooove!
Amzangoose xxx

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

I haven't been in here in far too long. :x That splice you made for Louie was awesome. It just really works so well and doesn't feel like a splice so much as it does a wholly unique Pokemon. I love it. :'D

As for your spliced sprite, I like it a lot. And it's crazy that you were able to splice something that detailed, just amazing. But for some reason the eyes don't look quite right in the last two. :x The right eye (our right) looks to be a bit lower for some reason (despite them being level looking without the hair) and the left one almost looks sunken in (but I think that has to do with the white hair and very pale skin blending a bit and making it harder to tell where one ends and the other begins. Those are just little things that really aren't that major, and were reduced in the final one as opposed to the version just before it.

So yeah, take what you want from this, just trying to offer up something helpful as opposed to the usual gushing I and most give you. XD

This. This this this this this.
It's so lovely :'D. And big. And asdgkhlk
Not us, but you~!
You are lovely and great and just agh :'D

And there I was thinking that it was a girl in a dress or a man in a robe of some sort. Boy was I wrong. I don't know what that is, but it looks really cool! 8D There's armour and everything (and by everything I mean claws and padded stuff)! Anyway, I think it's gone from Tim Burton style to a more Iron-man-y style, or at least that's the impression that I get. You never cease to amaze me, Tun! ;D

I took a break from the warrior girl.

2qk2eef.jpg

I ... um. Yeah.​

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen

Scottish Pikachu is awesome :D he's very cute :3

First you post the mug shot turning into a warrior, and now the Scottish Pikachu. Do you eat WIN for breakfast, Miss Tun, or are you just made of PURE WIN? either way, they are epic. Now whenever I see pikachu on tv, I'll think of it with a Scottish accent XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Seeing as I already told you my critiques for the warrior I will simply comment on how silly and adorable that Scottish Pikachu is. I love your scratch work on it. It's so detailed that it looks like you ripped the beard and clothing off of something else and slapped them on Pikachu. XD (Assuming they are scratched :x But either way, they look great and it's awesome~)

Oh, Scottish Pikachu looks angry, has someone stolen his haggis? Or his bagpipes? Or another stereotypically Scottish thing? /silliness

That Scottish Pikachu looks great! :D The kilt, the hat and most of all the ginger beard! There's also some ginger hair on its chest too, isn't there? (I hope it's not just me seeing things) Anyway, it's great to see this sort of original idea around. Are you going to do this with other pokemon or will this just be a one-off? Either way, it's Tun-talizing! XD

I want to call him "Connerychu" but then I remembered that Sean Connery's hair is black. He could still be voiced by Sean though. /weird

thank you guys I love you all ahhhhh ♥
I did scratch everything other than the actual Pikachu base~ And @Jerty; he's mainly angry because, y'know, it's a thing that Scottish people are supposed to be angry like all the time c: I try not to be and I know a lot of people who aren't, but ... my dad kinda cancels that out. Heeheehee ♥

anywaaaaaay, er
That warrior lady? I have her here ♥

10ia4wh.jpg

I think I'm kinda finished with her ... I guess? I hope I'm mostly done, at least! There are, of course, things that I'd like to tweak, but at the moment that's her. My little girl all grown up ♥ *shot*

This is probably one of my biggest and most complicated 100% scratched sprites I've ever done ... if not the most complicated and detialed. I guess I'm kinda proud of it but of course there are many things I could improve upon - I'm just happy I've got it done and it looks okay <333

Thank you, everyone, for the never-ending support, especially Teapot whom I nagged every time I changed the sprite even a little. ilusm and I can't thank you more for giving me feedback and c+c and agh ♥
And thank you everyone, for giving me those comments and advice! I know I say thanks in most of my posts but I just wanna take this time to tell you all - even those that don't comment much on my thread but talk to me on chat or elsewhere or whatever - that I love you all. So much. I want to hug you all and thank you so much and I just aghhh ilu <33333333333333333333

:'D

~Tun ♥​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member

OMG!

OMG

*Explodes*

Holy crap that is so awesome, Tun. I don't know how you did that, it's beyond words. Awesome, awesome job. The detail here is unbelievable

th_SoMuchWin.png
A simple smiley wouldn't have been enough for that! ^^ This lady looks well suited for battle! I'm looking forward to a background to her. Also, I thought that Scottish Pikachu was angry to add to the "Scottish-ness", I just grabbed the opportunity to make (bad) jokes!

Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:. -spl

Oooh, very pretty Tun~ :3 I especially like the second one c: so pretty. Also, do I spy a small T next to the both of them? :3

Now then, I know you requested critique (from our chat, anyway~), but I can't really find anything out of place or wrong with these two :p Except maybe the right one's right left (or whatever hand is in > direction XD) arm. I can't place my finger on what it is though. Oh well. Other than that, these look wonderful, especially the first one's shading on the blue dress, it has a nice fade to it, unlike most sprites where you can see where the colors end and begin. Very wonderful ♥

Also, how do you get the white outline on your sprites? :3 I accidentally got it once, but I think my computer glitched up on that part.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:. -spl

I-

Oh my goodness, Tun. <3333

These are just beautiful, girl. :'D The right one is absolutely gorgeous and whatnot and I just want to wear what she's wearing and whatnot <3333333

Fantastic job as always~ I'm trying to figure out what's irking me about the one on the left, but I can't quite remember what it was. :x Ah well~

Re: Teh Shiny Sprites of Tun .:The Home of PokePlush™:.

Thank you guys. ♥

Sorry Tehluckylucario, but I'm not taking requests at the moment. Thanks for coming to me though, it shows that people aren't quite leaving me for requests just yet |D
I'm sorry and I hope you find someone else to do your sprite! ♥ Or maybe come back on a later date and request when my requests are open? Thank you! ♥

11t3ic7.jpg

This one isn't Elizabethan, but it's a dress. I like spriting dresses.

I'm glad you like spriting dresses because they all turn out gorgeous ♥
And the warrior lady is...just..wow. O___O I'm speechless.​

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

Tunnnn!!!

You never fail to amaze me with your sprites, Tun. :'D That dress is LOVELY to who-knows-what degrees. The shading and colors and style is just <33333~ And her hair! I've always loved how you sprited hair, but her hair is just omg I want that hairstyle sooooo badly!

The shading... why is it so marvelous? Prolly cuz you worked on it. Edwardian clothing is amazering as well. I need to get myself a tiny top hat...

Too bad, should've had read everything instead of requesting XD
Yeah, I've been searching around for some good spriters for a while now ^^;

You like Edwardian fashion now. Edwardian fashion is cool. /faildoctorwhoreference
Your sprites have reminded me that I like Edwardian fashion as well, and other styles like it because of the extravagance of it all. The way you've styled it very well done, a little top hat and the big blue and beige dress with pretty swirl patterns on. Then the one on the right with a bow and yellowy and white clothes with what looks like frills.
The next one... the dress is stunning! 8D That is a beautiful colour dress, and the hair colour and style goes well with it. Every time I come here there are wonderful things to look at! ^-^

I LOVE IT TUN! It looks so detailed and amazing~ I love the color choices, they look vonderful~

I can't honestly find anything wrong here to critique on. The colors look amazing, and the dress looks as if it were a real dress. Its beautiful~

Oh my God, that is so amazing. The white outlining still gives your sprites that magical-looking touch, and this sprite- Everything from the hair to the dress is really beautiful. I especially like the colour :'D

And then there's the Edwarian sprites! Just goes to show how good you are with fashion; Any kind of fashion. The blue miniature hat is so sweet xD

And last but not least, the finished version of the Emerald Knight! You are such an amazing scratcher, Elise. We'd love to see more ^^

I know I'm not in here often enough, and I apologize for that, but

OH MY SNAP THAT DRESS IS AMAZING!!!1! All the folds and shading and lighting and hnnnnngggg TUN Y U SO GOOD?! How is a poor spriter supposed too make a living in the shadow of such greatness? ;-;

I like Edwardian fashion too love me :'D
But seriously, all of this is beautiful. You're warrior lady is all so grown up and hrrngrh. I am amazed ♥