• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Underground - Secret Base

Is there a way to get rid of those bloody rocks? D: I luffles spending time underground and getting toys but the rocks are so annoying. ;o;

And what is your secret base like? Or do you not bother and why not?

Mine is usually crammed full of toys and contest trophies. :3

I'm not nearly as fond of my Diamond secret base as I am of my Sapphire/Emerald bases. It definitely has something to do with the fact that I will never ever get rid of all those rocks. Why you ask? I have no friends who play Pokemon games or WiFi. Not to mention my decorations seem to be cooler in the third gen. You have to go up a waterfall to get to my base in Emerald.

As a matter of fact, it's been so long since I've been to my base in Diamond, I've forgotten some of the stuff I put down there. I know there's a TV, a refrigerater, and a kitchen sink but that's about it.

After you get a certain amount of Flags (1,5,10,50) You can remove a certain number of rocks. You don't HAVE to get rid of all the rocks. I can get rid of them all, but I choose not to.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
The damn annoying thing is that you can't play in the Underground across Wifi. So you have to have a local friend to play it with :(.

Quickest way to get rid of the rocks is for you & your friend to set up your Secret Bases next to each other and simply run in and out of each other's stealing the flag each time. Otherwise it's rather tedious, especially if your friend wants to play it "properly" by putting traps in the floor to stop you stealing the flag.

I agree that the items in the 4th Gen don't seem as much fun. Also, it sucks that you can't trade dolls with your friends. You can give them any item except for Poke dolls :-\. Grrr.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh, since the first question has been answered enough, I'll go for the others ^^

And what is your secret base like? Or do you not bother and why not?

I actually haven't done much with the Underground Secret Bases thus far and something tells me I probably won't either. The capture the flag thing is only part of the reason. In the Advance Gen, it was easier to build a secret base and, imo, just more fun. You could scour the entire map for that one perfect location and make it yer little place away from home. It just felt more enjoyable making the base directly on the main map (possibly near a location you would've wanted to live near if you actually did live in the Pokemon World) verses in the dark, dingy underground area.

If they do choose to do secret bases again next gen, I'd want to see them return to the main map, AND make them an auto-fly/rest stop location. That would make them actually useful :p

Oh yeah. That would be good. With the overworld Bases. Bring 'em back! They were fun. 'specially using Secret Power in order to look around and find the perfect one for you.

Down in the Underground, all the Bases look the same ('cept for the rocks), and once those are out of the way, it's just a boring old square. The only reason I go underground is to get evolution stones, plates and fossils/shards/scales/anything else useful. Of course, being the perfectionist that I am, I will eventually be getting all the decorations.

But I was really lucky in getting both a Diamond and a Pearl and 'stealing' my sister's DS Lite and using that one (with the Pearl in it), in order to get my Platinum Flag. The only reason I did that was so I could get my first Trainer Card colour change (once you get a Platinum Flag it changes colour). Mind you, I was up until about 1 in the morning, literally half asleep, running from one to the other.

Although I think I actually did doze off at one point, because I was at about 29 flags gotten, and when I woke up, I was up to 35. Weird.​