• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Uploading our own Sprite for our character?

I was just wondering if there was a way to use a sprite that I have edited and created for my Trainer Card? I sprite for blogs and sometimes just for fun, so I have sprites of my own that I would like to put on my trainer card. I was just wondering if that was possible?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Due to various technical restrictions, that isn't and won't be possible, sorry. We ask for sprites to be specifically submitted and vetted to ensure that the images are of a good enough quality, and saved as the correct kind of image, for the TCM.

If you'd like your sprites in the TCM, please submit them in the Trainer Card Maker Submissions topic. :)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Be advised, though, that if you do submit a sprite in the submissions topic and it is selected, the sprite will become usable by anyone who may want to use it in the TCM. Just for the record.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
There are literally two threads in this board, one for sprite submissions and one for background submissions, and that's all there is in this board.

The first post of both these threads explains the technical criteria which sprites you submit must meet and what you need to label them with to be considered.

Most of the other posts are submissions made by other people, if you need examples. Not all of them good examples, but that's one of the reasons we curate what eventually makes it into the TCM and what does not.

Last edited: