• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Upper Baby Battle League (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Due to lack of interest, this league has been closed for the year. We'll consider trying to run it again at some point in the future. Until then, enjoy the Standard Competitive League!

Post in this thread if you're interested in taking part in the Upper Baby Battle league, based on our upper baby battling rules set. Anyone who had registered before the database died will need to register again.

Note: You must be a registered Organised Play member in order to compete. See the bottom of this post for the member registration form.

First season opens: July 1st
Deadline to register: July 15th
Link to Upper Baby Battling Rules: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http:/ ... ic.php?t=6

And to recap how the leagues will run:

* The league will consist of two seasons. Each season will run for two months with a one month break in between. The first season will be Singles battling. The second season will be Doubles battling.
* All battles will be full 6 on 6.
* The league will follow specific Pokecharms battling rule sets. You are not required to register your team, but you are required to adhere to the chosen rule set for the league. Anyone caught violating them will be removed from the league.
* Each participant is to battle every other participant once per season. That's two battles per league - once Singles, and once Doubles.
* We'll be running on a points system. A win is worth 3 points, a tie is worth 2 points, and a loss is worth 1 point. Whoever has the most points after both seasons are completed will be crowned league champion, but we'll be tracking seasonal champs as well.
* League Battles between participants may be freely arranged and fought at any time within the span of the season. This means you're aren't restricted to only battling on Saturdays.

I'll be making further updates closer to the 1st. Feel free to take part in the Competitive Battling league as well. :)

Re: Upper Baby Battle League (Sign Ups)

I will sign up to this but will have to do it provisionally at the moment cause i dunno if i can do both but will try

sign me up, i've had my team ready for a while and i'm getting anxious.

Oh, and one more thing, to battle with someone, you exchange friend codes and then meet in the wi-fi room? I'm sorry for bothering but im new to the organized play and i would just like to make sure everything goes right

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Electabuzz_65 said:
Oh, and one more thing, to battle with someone, you exchange friend codes and then meet in the wi-fi room? I'm sorry for bothering but im new to the organized play and i would just like to make sure everything goes right

Exactly. It's no different than battling or trading with people over WiFi in general, and you can find everyones Friend Codes on the Organised Play members list. :)

That being said, it'd probably help if you simply registered the friend codes of everyone participating right off the bat. That way when you finally do meet up with 'em to battle, you'll both already be ready to go.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Just a heads up.

Due to the lack of participants in this league, there's a good chance we'll be closing it down for this season. I'll make the final call in a couple of days, but don't hold your breaths.

Apologies in advance to anyone who'd already finished making their teams. Be sure to hold onto 'em. I'll make certain that you get to use them at some point.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

If it'd help, I'd be willing to throw together a team for this. So if this ends up going, then I'll compete.

hey, can you take me out of the sign ups? I can't do it do to personal reasons, so can you do it? thanks

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know, Electabuzz. We'll take you off. No worries, and here's hoping you can compete in the future. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Alrighty. Since 1 of our 4 registered members for this dropped out and nobody new has shown interested, I'm going to close out the Upper Baby Battle league.

We'll try the league again at some point in the future, or possibly just run a mini-tournament someday with the Upper Baby Battle rules set. Until then, thanks for the interest you guys, and I hope everyone competing in the Standard Competitive league has fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.