• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Walking Dead | Zombie Apocalypse RP *Mature*

In order to join the RP sign up here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/walking-dead-zombie-apocalypse-rp-mature.16421/#post-446588

The sun was starting to wide from the sky and the moon was soon to take its place. The streets of Raynsford had ruined streets and abandoned buildings. Cars that either crashed or were broken, littered the streets. Some were smoking, and some had already blown up and dealt their damage. There weren't many people left to claim those buildings since they became the undead that owned the streets.

Lenox was stumbling down the street since his fatigue was getting the better of him and he needed somewhere to rest for the night. It got darker with every step that he took. He paused for a moment and leaned on a car that was stripped to its body. He gulped, which just emphasized his current thirst. He looked around so he could actually know where he was. He grew up here and knew his way around, but he was just blindly walking around for last hour or so. He realized that the Scar Gym was just around the corner to his location. He decided to head there since it seems the best place to stay the night and he might be able to get equipment from there at the very least.

He eventually reached the gym and noticed it was officially night now. The windows and the holes in the doors were barricaded by wooden planks but it seemed to not be touched by anyone recently. He climbed through a whole in the indow which some of the planks had fallen off. Understandably, it was pitch black. He pulled out his torch and turned it on, he recently found some batteries which he used on the torch. He looked around the room and saw the many untouched gym equipment. That was covered in cobwebs. Lenox then noticed a puddle of blood in the center of the room, with a trail leading out from it.

Lenox followed the trail of the blood with the torch but remained still, it leads past him and the closet beside him. As Lenox looked up at the closet with a torch, A walker leaped out at Lenox pushing him to the ground. Lenox got pinned down by the walker and struggled to keep him away from biting distance. Lenox couldn't but look at the horror that was in his sights. An undead human, with rotten skin, a missing eyeball, part of the brain showing. This is what the world has come to.

Lenox looked around for any sort of weapon but even if he finds something, if he moves one of his hands even a little bit, his arms might give way and invite the hungry walker to feed on some Lenox pie. "Help!" He pleaded, yelling at the top of his lungs. Hoping someone can come to his aid before something happens.

Lis had been shadily traveling the alleys in the abandoned city. Nearly everywhere she looked, windows were shattered and blood was spilled. This is what her hometown had been driven to. A sad excuse for a city, and it made Lis pissed. Angrily, she kicked a broken crate, and the damp wood cracked weakly.

Her sneakers echoed in the lonely streets. Her icy eyes pierced the dimly lit city, and she knew night was beginning to fall. As she was under horrible emotions, she pulled a lighter out of her pocket, along with a pack of cigarettes. She knew she'd regret it, but she lit the cigarette anyways. Now, with it in her mouth, she continued walking until she heard a muffled yell. Her eyes scanned the buildings until she spotted an abandoned gym.

She hustled over to it, taking out the cigarette and breathing out the cold smoke. Lis looked for an entrance, but it had been blocked off by wood. When she spotted a hole in the barricade, she easily slipped through it. Spotting a dim light, the call for help got louder. She quickly and cautiously made her way towards the voice, her hand already grabbing her dagger. Finally, she saw what called for help and the light lit the area.

It was a man, probably a few years older than herself. A walker was viscously trying to slice at him, but he was fighting underneath. Lis took a breath before pulling the dagger back. She paused before throwing the sharp weapon, and it sliced straight through the dead human's cheek. It went through its face, clanging against the ground when the impact finished. Almost immediately, the walker groaned and fell dead. Lis, with a cigarette still in her mouth, walked over to pick up her bloody knife. She looked down at the guy, offering a hand without a word.

Lenox laid there, heavily panting for a moment as he looked up at his savior. He felt droplets of blood on his face leftover from the undead's rotten body. He reached up and accepted the woman's hand and stood up. He glanced over at the walker and noticed it slowly moving still, alongside a faint groan. Lenox was quick to react to it and brutally stepped on the head of the undead. It created a crushing sound to complement how frail it seemed to be. Lenox lifted his foot and brains poured out of its head. Lenox looked down at his foot with a disgusted look, he wiped his foot on the floor as he gagged slightly. Despite living in this world now for around a month, he was still yet to get used to it fully. He urgently grabbed the torch he dropped and anxiously looked around the gym in case of any backup that came along. Fortunately, it seemed clear for now.

He looked over at the stranger and deeply sighed of relief. "Thank yeh," He said genuinely. He looked at the bloody knife and recalled her throwing it at the walker. "Yeh must be quite confident throwing that knife. It would ha' been just as easy to hit me instead," Lenox commented. He walked over to the somewhat bordered window and looked through a gap between the planks of wood. "My yelling probably turned a lot o' heads. The one's that have jaw's hanging off their heads at least," Lenox said. Lenox placed his bag on the floor and dug through it, he pulled out a hammer which he found whilst scavenging around the city. He noticed a box of nails beside him, probably left over from the last time this place was fortified. He picked up the wooden planks that had fallen off since and held it against the window. "Can yeh hold the plank in place whilst I nail it to the wall?" Lenox asked. He was focusing on being secure from those things before he could relax and do anything else.

Lis, who was still young and sort of childish, giggled at his accent. “That's so cool,” she said, a bit muffled with the cigarette resting between her lips. “I've never met people with accents, before. Only ones that are dead, and groan all the time,” she said brightly, a nervous hint in her voice. Getting distracted by a noise from outside, her cheerful emotions faded, and her negative ones came back, reminding her of the taste of her cigarette. An uneasy feeling settled in her, until the man spoke again, which made her jump. He asked for her to hold a plank of wood against an opening, to which she obliged and held it. She wanted to be a little safe.

As he began on it, she introduced herself. “My name is Lis,” she said. “I'm sorry if I almost hit you. I usually have pretty good accuracy, but I was excited about meeting another person who's not dead...” she weakly laughed. Her eyes blanked as she stared off into space at a wall. The only thing in her mind was the fact that she wasn't alone. She had accepted the fact long ago that there was no hope for her in the city, and she often attempted killing herself. It wouldn't end well, as it would leave her with scars and pain. There were already tally marks carved into her arm, each mark representing a day that she would hurt herself. Lis would often get distracted easily, and she didn't have a great attention span, but she firmly kept the board in place, careful not to slip.

Lenox hammered the nails in one by one with the reliable tool. He was rather taken off guard at how this child is still upbeat somewhat and sane, let alone alive. "Well, every time I met someone who wasn't rotten, they got bitten less than an hour later and I always was in a helpless spot and forced to watch them get pinned down and eaten alive. I thought today was my turn. Guess yeh said otherwise," Lenox explained. Lenox finished the first plank and reached down to pick up the next one, it only required two more to fill the gap. "How have you survived this long? Have yeh been by yourself?" Lenox asked curiously

Lis took the second plank so he could continue building the barricade. “I've been alone for three years. My parents died when I was less than 4 months. My adoptive parent died when I was 14. I've adapted to it, though,” she said, a bit casually. As she wasn't even an adult, she was surprised as well that she wasn't dead. “I'm alive because of target practice as a little girl. My guardian took me to self-defense lessons, so I've been good at weaponry, like guns and knives. But my body learned to adapt when I don't eat much. I can go a few days without being really hungry, so that's a big factor.”

She replaced her hand on the plank with her foot, and she took the cigarette out of her mouth. She turned her head, as not to blow smoke on the stranger, and breathed out the grey smoke. Putting the cig back in between her lips, she quickly swapped her foot with her and again.

Some one would crawl through the vents, they were dragging something with them. A grate to the vent is heard clattering to the floor, and footsteps are heard in the back of the gym. They walked around a bit, and decided to stay in the manager's office. They closed the door and locked it, making sure they weren't going to be followed.

The temperature was a bit cold but wasn't that bad, just tolerable to Alec, but he really didn't care about it. Alec sat on the roof of a pharmacy, that surprisingly still had some supplies there like water and snacks. Yet something was off, from a distance he could hear something that sounded, well he couldn't figure out what it was, Probably just someone getting caught in a horde he thought to himself. He looked off in that direction from his spot, he felt compelled to go, but he decided to just head inside the pharmacy to ignore it.

He sat up from his spot and began to walk towards the rooftop entrance to the building and begun to climb down the ladder into the building. The room was calm but still a bit cold. He was by himself, the group that he was in had left him behind with a few others and they went on a supply run a few days ago and he wasn't heard from them since. Isolation was his favorite thing though, he'd rather be left alone than be with people. He looked around the pharmacy with his only thought was, what's become of this world. He sighed as he whispered to himself, "This isn't Earth anymore, just hell," he pulled his python revolver out and checked over it and begun to take it apart to clean it out.

Lenox sadly sighed to hear the sad and inconvenient life that Lis seemed to have been living. I guess she was too busy surviving that life, that it take very long to get used to surviving in this time. "Well, I admire your bravery. Well, it seems that you had already learned most vital skills before hand so I guess you were prepared for it," Lenox said. He finished the second plank of wood and lifted the third one up. However, he sharply turned around as a sound alerted him from inside the gym. He couldn't quite figure what the sound was, but a locking sound followed after it. Lenox was rather cautious at this point and slowly turned to Lis. "Either walkers have learned to lock doors or someone's here," Lenox whispered as he slowly sneaked to the door. He looked at the sign on the door which said it was the Manager's office. Lenox tried the knob but it didn't budge.

"This doesn't really give me the easiest feeling," Lenox said nervously.

A sharp breath is heard inside as you try the knob, a few cautious steps are heard. "P-Please! Don't hurt me!" A male voice yelled. More rapid sharp breaths are heard. The person pulled something out of a backpack. "I DON'T WANNA HURT YOU!" The voice yelled

((Third person, my dude))
Lis was about to reach for the third plank when the man halted. Her ears pricked at the clicking noise, and she let her hands fall to her pockets. She quietly followed him to the noise's maker, which had been a door labeled 'Manager's Office'. Lis raised an eyebrow. She couldn't recall meeting a walker with the brains to do such.

Upon hearing a voice shout, Lis flinched. They seemed to be panicking. “Open the door,” Lis said. “We aren't walkers.” She figured whoever was in there wouldn't believe her, but it was worth a shot.

The door unlocked then slowly opened, the man finished opening up the door, he held up a crowbar, ready to hit some one. "What do you want?!" The man demanded, obviously terrified.

"What we want, is for you not to hit us with the crowbar and for you to put it down. We won't hurt you," Lenox said calmly. He held out his arm in front of Lis and gestured to her to get behind him. "Are you hurt?" Lenox said softly as he stepped towards the distressed man.

To Lis' surprise, the door opened. There stood a man holding a crowbar, looking absolutely terrified. Lis fought back a laugh as he was so panicked. Sure, she wasn't the calmest person, but she had to be at least six years younger with more control over her emotions.

“Probably the same thing as you,” she said quietly to herself, as if she were replying. “You know, not to die. The usual.” She studied him from behind Lenox, taking her cigarette and letting it fall to the ground with a final blow of smoke. Then, she stepped on it and kicked it backwards.

The man put the crowbar down. "I'm not hurt..." The man replied, he had already set a sleeping bag out in the managers office. "I-I was just going to stay the night... but... I can leave if... you don't want me here..." The man said sadly. He seemed to have accepted the fact that no matter what, everybody on the planet would become one of those things.

Lenox sadly sighed as he deeply sympathized with the mentally fatigued stranger. "No one's telling you to go anywhere. We just wanted you to not smash our heads in okay?" Lenox clarified. "You were here first clearly. So it will be unfair if we kicked you out," Lenox said. "Now we have settled this situation, let's go back to fixing the window," Lenox said. He turned back to the window but his eyes widened in shock as he saw that a wave of the undead was patrolling the streets. He saw a walker stop and turn its head to the Gym and make eye contact with Lenox...well it was only with one eye since the other one was hanging off by a string but it still counts I think.

"We need to hurry the hell up!" He said urgently said as he rushed over to the window and held up the wooden plank. "Help me!" He demanded. He looked back at the walker and it started to drag its heels towards the gym. A couple wasn't far behind it also. It seemed the commotion with the walker from before and the commotion just now pretty much-called hem here.

The man ran over and helped lenox board up the windows. He also moved stuff in front of the door for extra protection. "We need to barricade the entire lobby!" the man said as he helped board up the windows.

At Lenox's panic, he shouted for help, which scared Lis. She continuously jumped at any loud noise, or if any voice was raised during her entire life, so it was no surprise. Although fear prickled through her, she hustled to hold the plank against the small opening, eyes stinging slightly.

Praying that the walkers would be able to avoid getting through the planks, Lis whipped a few strategies into her mind. It was something she was skilled with: being able to measure lengths and speeds needed to fight. It was a perk that came with being a photographer.

Lenox urgently finished the final plank of wood. He turned to Lis and the stranger as he sighed in relief. "Glad that's sor- AH!" He exclaimed as he got cut off by a rather hangry walker reaching through the cracks of the window borders and pulling him towards them. He struggled to fight back the zombies since more and more reached through and got a grip of Lenox. It wasn't too long that Lenox was going to give way and the zombies will get a gnaw of the arm. "Okay, NOW I give you permission to smash heads in with the crowbar!" He yelled as he tried his best to fight off the walkers, all he need to do was get away from the window. The groans and the disgusting foul breath from the walkers were getting too much for Lenox, he was feeling faint. Talk about bad timing.

Alec still felt compelled to go find the origin of the noise but just couldn't bring himself to leave the place due to the thought that the others that were left behind by the main group could come back if he wasn't there. He reached into a backpack that was near by, and pulled out a walky-talky. He pressed the button and spoke into it, "Jane? Tom? you guys there," the only sound that came back was white noise, "hello, anyone," after a minute he lowered the radio and sighed, his body motion showing sadness.

After another second he made up his mind. He put the radio into the bag and grabbed some bottled water and some other things before making his way to the roof. He looked in the direction of the sound from earlier and started hopping from one roof to another, lucky there wasn't much distance between the rooftops. He got closer to the source realizing it came from a gym, and after a minute he was on the building as close to it as possible, which had an entire street of distance between the buildings. Alec preferred to stick to the rooftops due to the walkers on the ground. He looked around the area to try and find a way over there without touching the ground.

He sighed as he spotted a telephone pole leading to the other side, he made his way to the pole and after some nerve building he backed up for a running start and jumped to grab one of the wires, which he did succeed in. He was terrified of heights so this was really terrifying for him. He started to pull himself across the wire, his breathing was heavy as he made his way across. He began to lose his grip on the wire, so he tried to move a bit faster and finally, he made it to the other side and jumped onto the roof. He started to laugh a bit to himself for being able to actually do that. He fell onto his back still laughing to himself.

Lis scowled at the dead morons clutching Lenox. “Leave!” She said, slicing the fingers of one. “Us!” She slashed an arm. “Alone!” Lis finished, plunging her dagger into the face of one that stared in. She shoved the dagger in her pocket and yanked on Lenox, snatching him out of their grip.

At that moment, a searing pain greeted her thigh. Apparently she shoved the dagger in her pocket too hard, and it sliced into her leg. Gasping sharply, she stumbled down and pulled out the dagger, tossing it beside her. A crimson warmth flooded the denim fabric of her jeans as tears poured down her face. Swearing without a care, she held her leg tightly. Her nose was bleeding, too, from pressure.

“I'm going to kill them all,” she hissed, spitting out blood that drained in her mouth. “You, with the crowbar, make use of it,” she said grimly.

The man instead pulled a pistol with several attachments on it out of his hoodie pocket, he pulled the trigger and sprayed down walkers as the pistol was automatic. After he had at least 3 feet of space between him and the walkers he finished boarding the window. He backed away and leaned on a wall, breathing heavily from stress. "Hehe... we did it... hehe" the man said with a sigh of relief. "and I didn't get here first, you did..." the man explained.

“What's your name?” Lis directed towards the stranger. She winced, rubbed her nose, and lifted her hand to check the damage. A large bloodstain soaked in the fabric, but seemed to settle a bit. With tears down her face, she attempted to stand, which resulted in her tripping back down and a frenzy of curses.

Lenox frantically stumbled and rolled away from the window as Lis and the stranger freed him. He turned and looked at the stranger who was holding the gun, with a shocked look. "I guess, that was a wee performance yeh did for us with the crowbar then, aye," Lenox commented. He heard a droplet hit the floor, which alerted him again. He turned to the sound and Lis's wound seemed to be the source of it. She had stabbed herself in the leg in the commotion, guess she got carried away.

Lenox immediately got up and rushed over to Lis. He started to panic slightly as this wasn't his apart of his skill set. He took out a handkerchief he had in his jacket pocket and immediately wrapped it around her leg. He looked to the stranger again. "Please tell me yeh some sort of doctor as well and not just some nutcase," Lenox pleaded.

Meanwhile, Sasha was sitting on top of a rooftop, eating a can of beans she found in one of the corner stores. Her hair was pushing her around and annoying her so she placed her food down and started to tie up her hair. She heard laughing coming from not far from her, which confused her since she was rather high up. She turned to see someone going onto the same rooftop that she was on. She gasped as she quickly stopped what she was doing and stood up quickly. She pulled out her pistol, that she got from the station as she escaped, and pointed at the stranger. She didn't say anything at first but watched the roof runner fall onto his back and start laughing at something. "Don't move! Hands where I can see them!" She demanded as she stepped towards the stranger. She couldn't decide if this person was friend or foe just yet.

Alec stopped his bit of laughter and stood up to face the person, "What, do you own this place or something," He spoke, "I'm here to investigate a noise I could hear from the pharmacy," he finished as he moved his hand near his holster in case some form of fight broke out. A grin appeared as he slowly started to the side to avoid the person, "I'm Alec," he calming stated, "Who are you? And for the record, I'm not looking for trouble," He said.

"Name's Jake, and yes, I know some basic medical training." He said as he picked up the knife, cut some fabric from his black T-shirt and wrapped it around Lis' wound. "If I had actual bandages, I could help more, just keep applying pressure to the wound until it stops bleeding." Jake said. He put his gun away and sat back down. "And no, I'm not a nutcase... the triple fabric layer will help too..." he got back up and held his hand out to help lis up.

Lis winced as fabrics were twisted around her leg. She has been pretty stupid to stab herself, but there wasn't time to think about that. Taking Jake's hand, she easily pulled her light form up, wobbling a bit while standing. Letting go of Jake's hand, she limped over to the wall, leaning against it and sighing. “Sorry, I got caught up in the moment and... ugh,” she rubbed her eyes.

Her bloody nose had quickly stopped, leaving a dark crimson remain that traveled over her lip and down to her chin.

"You, go get some rest and wash up, there are some unused water bottles in my backpack." He said to lis. "And you, can you help her get to the very back? If ya do I'll go on first watch tonight." Jake said to Lenox. He pulled a suppressor out of his pocket and attached it to his gun.

Lenox got Lis' arm and put it over his shoulder so he could assist her to the backroom. He remained with her since he believed that Jake had enough firepower to hold the undead back. He settled Lis onto the ground onto the sleeping bag. He grabbed a pillow nearby and put it underneath her head. (I apologize if this is considered to be taking control of your character, I'll change it if it is @Kageyama Tobio ) He kept an eye on Jake as he stayed with Lis in the Manager's office. He was a bit skeptical with him, but he had no choice with siding with him at this moment. He placed his hand on her shoulder with a concerned look. "Are yeh alright?" He asked. As he glanced down at her colored jeans and back to her face.

Meanwhile, on the rooftops. "Neither am I. But you looked rather dodgy laughing on the floor uncontrollably at a place like this. Just precaution," She replied to the stranger. She had no intention of sharing her name at this moment. She deeply inhaled as she noticed the hand on the holster. She squinted as she looked down the iron sight aiming at the strange man. "Are you with anyone else?" She asked.

As Lis was being laid down, she attempted to protest but let it go. At his question of concern, Lis weakly laughed. She sat up already, supporting herself with her arms. “If I said yes, I'd be lying,” she said, her usual self sparking a bit in her voice. The teen studied the room, wishing she could stand and beat the crap out of the walkers.

Jake stood up and approached the door to peek through a crack in the wood, the moans from outside stopped. He turned to lis and Lenox "Hey, the walkers left!" Jake said happily. "I think we- HOLY SHIT!!!" A really fast and strong walker punched through the wood of one of the windows and pinned Jake on the ground, knocking the gun out of his hand. "HELP!" He tried to push the walker off of him as he held it away by its neck.

"Have you conquered a fear today, no? I didn't think so," he said as he pulled the revolver out of its holster and held it in a ready relaxed position at his side, "Now, I believe that I heard a scream down stairs, and I'm going to find out what it was Miss, bitch (I can't help it)," he made his way to a ladder in the roof. He turned back a bit before heading down, "And if you meet anyone named Jane or Tom, inform me," he said as he slowly began to climb down to the floor level.

Jake continued to try and keep the new type of walker from biting him, it bit his gloved hand, it didn't break through the thick gloves, but the pressure of it hurt like hell. "OW! SON OF A-" Jake punched the walker in the face, stunning it, he rolled out from underneath it and grabbed his gun, spraying it with bullets, killing it. Jake dashed to the manager's office, slammed the door behind him, keeping anything out of the office, he looked at Lis and Lenox, he locked the door, keeping them safe in the office. "The walkers are changing" Jake said as he clutched his gun tightly in his hand. He walked behind the desk in the room and sat down. he took off his hoodie and placed it over him like a blanket. "You guys get some rest... if something knocks or bangs on the door I'll wake you up." Jake then picked up the crowbar and placed it next to lenox, he took Lis' knife out of his pocket and handed it to Lis' with the handle facing her.

Lenox stood up as Jake sprinted into the manager's room. He was ready to continue fighting but it seemed that Jake sorted it out for now. "I think I'll do the first shift actually. You've done enough," Lenox offered as he didn't seem to be fatigued anymore since the adrenaline seemed to have wakened him up a bit. He stood up and leaned on the door.

"Thanks..." Jake yawned, he took off his gloves and put his gun next him. He fell asleep almost immediately. The dark circles around his eyes were noticeable now. A picture fell out of his pocket, the picture landed facedown.

Lis hesitantly took the dagger before he laid down in a separate spot. At his collapse, a small portrait floated out of his pocket, and definitely caught Lis' eye. She glanced at Lenox before curiously studying the photo. Letting her usual actions get the best of her, she silently reached over, successfully snatching the little picture. With owl-like reactions, her already big eyes studied the photo, a bit confused. Tilting her head to get a better view, she was oblivious to nearly anything else.

He stepped away from the two fatigued survivors and moved his right arm around as he did, making his shoulder click. As he did that he quietly groaned as he felt his arm felt funny. He took off his motorbike jacket and he inspected his arm. It was a teeth mark in his skin, but there was no sign of it penetrating the skin. It was as if it gently tapped the skin, thanks to the motorbike jacket. However, it's unclear if that's enough to make someone turn. Just the thought made his eye water. He decided to keep it to himself for the time being, not until he actually felt a physical sign of him actually turning. He turned back to the other two and suddenly stopped as it slightly caught him off guard that Lis was awake. He walked over to the desk that was probably left over here from before this entire thing happened and sat in the chair that went with it. He leaned back and stared at the door.

The picture showed Jake and a Girl, who looked like she was his age (shorter than him too, but not really short), they both looked so happy together. The girl had brown hair, blue eyes, purple hoodie and black jean shorts. The words 'I'm sorry' were written in sharpie on the image. A date was written on the back, it was years before the first infection occurred.

Lis bit her lip. This was most likely private information. Her eyes traced the words written on the photo, before she gently set it back down in its original spot, face down and in it's original position. She figured it was probably his girlfriend, so she, a bit deafeated, shook her head and laid down. Fatigue washed over her and and curled up, eyes half open.

Alec investigated the gym not finding traces of any life, but he noticed that even though it looked like someone had barricaded themselves in despite no one being around, not even a walker. For once the silence scared him, he kept his revolver ready for anything and his breathing grew heavy but he tried to keep it quiet. After a few minutes he found a door and when he tried it, it was locked. He not knowing if anyone was in there he said, "Hello, is anyone in there. I'm not here to harm anyone," he spoke but wasn't really sure if there even was people I there or if he should trust them if so.