• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you listening to - Right Now

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
As of the moment, I am listening to Frédéric Chopins "Fantaisie Impromptu".
A very beautiful piece of music! I'll probably listen to Chopins revolutionary etude next.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Demelza said:
Winter winds by Mumford & Sons. I was listening to a lot of anime related stuff, but after hearing Mumford & Sons play for a local radio station I've ended up listening to their albums over and over again (and yet I'm still not sick of hearing them). :)
Yay!! Their first album is so, so, SO much better than their second one. Which makes it disappointing that the didn't get really famous until their second one came out. :<

I'm listening to lots of Passion Pit and Vampire Weekend. I would probably say that they are my two favorite bands right now. I'm so freaking excited for VW's new album to come out.

I'm still hammering Dropkick Murpheys. The Warriors Code is an immense album, they just sounded like they were having fun whilst making the music.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Sir Red said:
Demelza said:
Winter winds by Mumford & Sons. I was listening to a lot of anime related stuff, but after hearing Mumford & Sons play for a local radio station I've ended up listening to their albums over and over again (and yet I'm still not sick of hearing them). :)
Yay!! There first album is so, so, SO much better than their second one. Which makes it disappointing that the didn't get really famous until their second one came out. :<

I actually find I can listen all the way through the second more often than the first, but the first certainly has my favourite tracks of theirs on. Both are pretty nice in their own way, though. :3

Right now I'm listening to the second OST of Sword Art Online (that series really did have the best soundtrack of ANY show last year ♥), and have been playing this track over and over. I overall utterly adore both soundtracks though. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I finally stopped being lazy and copied my laptop's music collection over to my PC. I've since been rediscovering some old favourites songs, one of which being the song I'm listening to right now:

Super Driver by Hirano Aya

Been listening to this years French Eurovision entry (Amandine Bourgeois - L'enfer et Moi) and I've also been listening to Now, Misery Business and Ignorance by Paramore

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Deep Forest by Kana Yazumi, the opening theme from a rather obscure game by the name of Avalon Code.

That game's opening sequence, btw, is -gorgeous as hell- and I wish that there was a decent version of it online somewhere as opposed to just the uber-compressed version in the game. But ah well. ^^

Recently I've been listening to We Are The In Crowd - Attention, a few Tonight Alive songs and every Passion Pit song I can find. Can't wait for Tonight Alive's new album

Been listening to Teenagers by My Chemical Romance, it's pretty catchy.

Also listening to The Legend of Korra OST, which so beautiful. Greatest Change is undoubtedly my favorite track!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Currently listening to the full version of Jiyuu no Tsubasa by Linked Horizon.

Apparently, the composer responsible for this theme (and its predecessor, Guren no Yumiya) is well known for writing songs that are actually more suites as opposed to songs (which explains why the full version of aforementioned Guren no Yumiya sounds like two different songs that have fuck all to do with each other, mashed together). Jiyuu no Tsubasa however, sounds a lot more coherent. It actually sounds like the sort of song I'd expect from, say, Avantasia. Except in Japanese. With occasional bits of growling in German which sound like the guy hit himself on the head and thought he was Rammstein.

While TV-sized-versions while I find Guren no Yumiya better, full version wise, Jiyuu no Tsubasa wins by a long shot.

Tl;dr, I may dislike Attack on Titan greatly but holy shit do I love its theme songs.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
What a coincidence Stel, I was coming here to post that I'm listening to this English dub lullaby remix of Guren no Yumiya. It is surprisingly well done and just as addictive as the original Germanese version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Look Through My Eyes by Phil Collins
and now Welcome by Phil Collins :)

I do love the Brother Bear soundtrack. ♥

So lately I've been getting into a game called Dangan Ronpa, which can be described as Phoenix Wright if everything was more extreme. There's one song in particular that I'm really taken with, and it's basically the equivalent of the cross-examination music in Phoenix Wright.

Discussion -HEAT UP-, by Masafumi Takada

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Finally stopped looping Mumford & Sons (I have quite a large collection of music, but you wouldn't know it the amount I play their albums :p), and have started listening to I Can't Explain It by Show Me The Skyline. The original is very nice, but I'm a sucky for nice acoustics.

Of course, I've been listening to RWBY music by Jeff and Casey Lee Williams! :D

It's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to, I would choose between these three:
Red Like Roses
Mirror,Mirror
This Will Be The Day

All excellent, Mirror, Mirror in particular is beautiful, but this would be a very difficult choice for a favorite.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I know I don't usually post whatever Vocaloid whatnots I'm obsessing over, but this song in particular seems to resonate a lot in me. Go look at the English translation. Go on.

I can really relate to it, especially now I'm in college and I realize I am so unprepared for the outside world despite all my "education" and "knowledge". Oh, the song is also pretty catchy. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Zero!!" - Minami Kuribayashi

The OP for The Devil is a Part-Timer! (aka. Hataraku Maou-sama!). I watched the Anime series this summer and loved it (there needs to be more </3), but this is my first time listening to the full version of its opening song. I quite love this song too. ^^

(It has some great Engrish XD)

Currently listening to Girls/Girls/Boys by Panic! At the Disco and I am... absolutely addicted to it:'| It started out with my friend showing me the music video because she wanted to freak me out, to me having mixed feelings then loving it in the span of 10 minutes. Aside from the obvious LGBT theme behind it, it's a bit of a reminder that I shouldn't be worried of "letting my guard down."

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I Sing This Never-ending Melody (Owaranai Melody wo Utaidashimashita) - Mikako Komatsu

Ending theme for the Anime Sunday Without God (aka. Kamisama no Inai Nichiyōbi), which I finally wrapped up yesterday. I tracked this song down yesterday night and started looping it... a lot. And surprise, surprise, still looping it a bit more now too.
I got both the Sunday without God OP and ED as soon as they came out, and both are gorgeous. For bonus points, get hold of the Sunday without God soundtrack, and listen to Hohoemi no Ame (sung by Toyosaki Aki aka Ai). It's a really nice song. :D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Listening to a mix of things, but largely Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy and the op for Nagi no Asukara. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Preserved Roses by T.M.REVOLUTION×Nana Mizuki

The first OP for Valvrave the Liberator. I hadn't heard this song since the summer but recently listened to its full version and utterly loved it. So much energy! So now I'm spamming it because I'm trying to wake myself up. :)