• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is something you like that everybody else seems to hate?

Dinosaur King was my Show so was Chaotic (They are a little old but not that old they just kind of died off)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 people say its getting old and no one plays it but I have seen some people fight each other online and at EVO (The DLC was shut down)

Tortilla Shell just the shells I eat them 24-7 but they are good to me...

Charizard (I have a Healthy love for Charizard) but again people think He is in almost every pokemon spin-off or Game (Which is true) but when I was a Kid I had Dreams of Flying Charizards and Battling other Strong Charizards.

Last edited:
Balthazar the Bounty Hunter. Because I play neopets and I love the more underrated pets and characters (the most common pets people have are Lupes, Acaras, Shoyrus, and Kacheeks), me loving this Lupe faerie catcher is my favorite! Makes me very disappointed that the only day for him is Balthazar Unappreciation Day haha..

Deserts. Almost everyone finds deserts boring and lonely places. In my opinion deserts are wonderful, pacific and unique. I'd really like to visit a rocky desert, especially in Nevada, near Area 51.

Windows 8.1. Even though I am now a Linux user, I used to use Windows as my main OS. I tried both Windows 7 (on my parents's computer) and Windows 8.1 (on my personal laptop).
Windows 7 is nice, but I find Windows 8.1 better, why? Because Windows 8.1 is faster, it has a really cool Task Manager and many innovations. Maybe the Start Menu is a bit hard to use at first, but you quickly get used to it.
Windows 8 was a mess, but 8.1 fixed almost everything. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here are somethings that I love that no one else has seemed play. Any Fire Emblem Game.
Stuff that I like that's frowned apon.
Suicide Squad
Sing (Okay, this is mainly my friends wgo thought it was bad. My only problem with this movie is that they market it out as a comedy, but it wasn't. It was a feel good movie.)

...Annoying people. I love to annoy people...#GuiltyPleasure

Also, I really like the Generation 5 Pokemon games. I don't get all the hate that the Litwick line, it's literally a candle that steals souls! How do you NOT like that?! And the starters weren't that bad!

And Minecraft. Hoo boy, where do I start with this one? It wasn't that big of a deal at first, like who really cares if you don't like it, but then people just started to throw hate around, and that kinda got on my nerves. A ton of people on here like it, I've found out, which makes me a little more satisfied I guess. What else really bugs me is when people pick on me for being part of the MCSM fandom. You can stick to your Fallout games, I'm good with that. So why on Arceus's green earth do you give me a hard time for liking MCSM?!

Sorry 'bout my little rant...

Sing (Okay, this is mainly my friends wgo thought it was bad. My only problem with this movie is that they market it out as a comedy, but it wasn't. It was a feel good movie.)

I absolutley loved Sing, so much in fact that it's one of my top 10 favourite films. Not only did it make me feel good and believe in myself a little more, but I also loved the characters (especially Ash and Meena) and the soundtrack. I even enjoyed it more than Moana (even though I also loved that film), and this is coming from a huge Disney Fan.
So yeah, I agree with you 100%

...Annoying people. I love to annoy people...#GuiltyPleasure

Also, I really like the Generation 5 Pokemon games. I don't get all the hate that the Litwick line, it's literally a candle that steals souls! How do you NOT like that?! And the starters weren't that bad!

And Minecraft. Hoo boy, where do I start with this one? It wasn't that big of a deal at first, like who really cares if you don't like it, but then people just started to throw hate around, and that kinda got on my nerves. A ton of people on here like it, I've found out, which makes me a little more satisfied I guess. What else really bugs me is when people pick on me for being part of the MCSM fandom. You can stick to your Fallout games, I'm good with that. So why on Arceus's green earth do you give me a hard time for liking MCSM?!

Sorry 'bout my little rant...

Gen 5 is one of my favourite Pokemon generations as well. I think it introduced some of the best designed Pokemon IMO. Not only that, but it also introduced some of my favourite Pokemon, like Virizion, Snivy, Samurott, and Black Kyurem. I also thought BW and BW2 had great storylines and soundtracks.

Most people don't hate Minecraft because of the game. No, most people hate it because of the fandom, since a huge chunk of the fandom is made up of very young children that think Minecraft is the best thing in world, and will constantly spam their opinions everywhere. This obviously annoys a lot of people, and is why Minecraft has received a bad reputation. That, and some Minecraft YouTubers have also given the game a bad rep as well.
I'm a huge fan of Minecraft and I really enjoy creative mode in particular. Heck, I even have Ender Dragon and Enderman plushies. But because of Minecrafts fandom and bad rep, I don't let anyone know, and I'm sure there are many, many people out there also like me.
You'd actually be suprised, many of those people who bullied you because you like Minecraft probably secretly like the game, but say they don't because they don't want to be grouped in with the infamous fandom.
Unfortunately I haven't played Story Mode yet, so I can't say much about it.

-----
I might as well list some things I love that nobody else likes.

EDM (Electronic Dance Music) - Now, I know there are a lot of people out there that do love this genre of music, and I even know of a few members on here that do, but for some reason I never really come across them outside of here and reddit. Most people I come across not only online, but in real life, hate everything to do with EDM. Most just call it junk that has no meaning, or "not real music".
I for one, think it is great, and without a doubt my favourite music genre. It takes up 90% of what I listen to as well, which is a lot. I love the diversity of the genre, with subgenres that range from fast paced and lively (Drum and Bass), to calmer and more slower paced (Deep House, Melodic Dubstep).
As someone who has always generally appreciated good melodies and beats over good lyrics, I thought EDM was perfect for me, even though there are EDM songs out there with good lyrics as well.
I also appreciate the time and effort that goes into making EDM songs. Most people think that electronic songs only take a few hours to make, but some can take weeks to complete, and possibly even longer than that.
I personally think the genre deserves a bit more respect. No, I'm not saying that everyone should love it, I'm saying that people should have more respect for not only the genre and artists, but also the fans. I'm personally tired of people saying to me things like "EDM sucks and you have shit taste. Go and rethink your life" and "Don't listen to that abomination called 'music', listen to metal instead!". Like guys, please, just let me listen to the music I like.
Tl;dr: I like EDM music, even though most people seem to dislike it.

Sucker Punch (Film) - I personally loved this one, and I especially loved the moments when it went full-on Dieselpunk. I also thought it had some wicked action scenes. Most people don't agree with me though, and write the film off as trash. *shrugs* Well, I loved it and it's one of my top ten favourite films.

Last edited:
Paper Mario color splash. I think people had ranted (Not in a good way) on this game. I think the problem is that in the original games there were partners. They removed them, but I don't care. I love the game! I hate how everyone hates This game...

Last edited:
Undertale.
Pretty self-explanatory, right?
It gets so much hate for things the creator didn't do, and I get made fun of for liking a "child's s##tty game".
I'll love it forever and ever though~!

B2
Ps. OSHAWOTT SUCKS sorry I just have a extremely massive hate thing with the oshawott line my friend chose it and always bragged about how he could beat me in a battle but then every time I challenged him he said no

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Back on topic, please. You may start a Gen 5 discussion thread if you want to talk about it :)

I guess, I don't know if this counts, but pokemon? only one of my friends knows what it is and actually has a DS, a GB, a GBC, a GBA, and I think a 2DS. He also has more than a thousand cards, most of them are EXs, Megas, a few GXs and holos. I have no idea how he has more ultra rares than commons and uncommons. Like, what the heck?

Also every other person I know just plays pokemon go all day and doesnt know what REAL pokemon is. I also need to list this: I HATE POKEMON GO. Everyone seems to like it, but I actually HATE it. Just with some exceptions, like when I caught that ditto. and my 14 mr. mimes. and my 1583 CP lapras. and... oke ill stop. What I'm trying to say is, pokemon is a rare thing today. Even with the new sun and moon games and TCG, I think it's safe to say pokemon is dying. 6 year old cancerous kids are infecting it with their dirty little hands and their rich parents help them do that.

Pokemon. Just stop. Delete pokemon go, and use a revive on yourself. Please, really. Pokemon is dying.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
pokemon is dying
This isn't 100% on-topic so I'll keep it brief, but: People have been saying that since 1996, and it's never been true once. Pokémon is a massive, international, vastly profitable series. Every single main-series Pokémon game is in the top 10 best-selling games for their consoles, and it's indisputable that new Pokémon games drive console sales.

That was true even before Pokémon GO came out. However, Pokémon GO is responsible for the biggest surge in interest in Pokémon – "real" Pokémon, as you put it – I've seen since the early 2000s. Sales of 3DSes spiked after GO launched, and pre-orders for Sun and Moon were the highest any 3DS game has known, if I remember correctly. In other words, Pokémon GO has done nothing but good for the handheld Pokémon games. Remember, Pokémon has always been a kids game – there have been "6 year old cancerous kids" playing Pokémon since the 90's. Nothing has actually changed – it's just that a lot of new people have discovered the thing that we all hold dear here. For me, I welcome and absolutely love that – people liking the things I do is good! Even if they're not 15-year veterans of the series like some of the older fans are, its still wonderful to see them discover the things I like – I don't want to drive them out of it.

We've actually got another thread where I've discussed this gatekeeping topic before – you can find it here. (There would be the best place to reply if you wanted to, as well.)

Forza Motorsport
I'm like the only person at my school that plays it, I have played every one of them. From the first one ever, to the forza 5.(including the demos) The only ones that I have played are th latest two 6 and horizon 3.

Oh, also, mibibli's quest? anyone here knows what this is? and oxenfree. its a bit more popular, i think.
And which fossil fighters? the original, champions, or frontier? ;)

Oh, also, mibibli's quest? anyone here knows what this is? and oxenfree. its a bit more popular, i think.
And which fossil fighters? the original, champions, or frontier? ;)
Finally somebody who knows what i'm talking about
I only have champions for now (i'm thinking about getting frontier) and my "starter" was dimetro

I like Black Star from Soul Eater (but I don't give in into his 'Greater than God' thing) and I don't have much interest in Death the Kid. (Don't kill me please :'|)

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones.

Sure it's easier than the other GBA titles, but I love the story and characters. It's definitely a lot darker (Chapter 16 pushes the E rating more than Fates the T rating) and brings back the whole monsters plaguing the region aspect, which is back for Echoes.

Also Lute. No denying it. She is the best.

I have a huge liking to spiders, which almost everyone in my family seems to hate... Especially my mother since her reactions are priceless when she sees my pet tarantula peeking at her from his lovely glass cage haha. I know that people fear spiders like the plague because some species can be venomous, but I just adore spiders like no one else does; especially tarantulas since it feels so warm when they cuddle on my arm with their furry bodies.

Another thing that I love, but most seem to detest a lot is the game, No More Room In Hell. Yeah, I get it... the game's hard since it emphasizes realism and you're not immune to the virus like in Dead Island. People seem to berate about that game whenever I hear them, since they will often say that the game is impossible due to the fact that ammunition and medicinal supplies are scarce. I still play on that game from time to time since it attracts quite a bit of newer players now, though they unfortunately disconnect after the next minute when they go rambo against a zombie horde with just a kitchen knife and a Heckler & Koch MP5 that barely has any rounds in its magazine that they barely scrounged up in the beginning of the round to begin with.

This sounds so silly... but...

The dentist
I love going to the dentist. Although it's hard to keep my mouth open with a mirror inside it, the rubber gloves they wear tickle, and the toothpaste and flouride tastes terrible and I can't eat a lot of stuff with the flouride in...
I love the dentist.
Probably because I never have cavities. The dentist is just so great.

Anyways, Imma steer the topic away from spam and back to what the thread was initially intended for.

For some reason, nobody really seems to like country music. Once, I was riding the bus home with my mom's iPod(which only has country on it. Long story), and this kid asked me if I only had country. When I responded "yes", he promptly told me that all my music sucked and that I deserved to die. This came from a kid that was literally in fourth grade! Another thing is Tenkai Knights, which is this old anime that Cartoon Network used to run. Not many people seem to know what it is, and a lot that do seem to hate it. At least most of the people that I know that know what it is.

Oatmeal raisin is my favorite kind of cookie. Not only do I get shit for it, but so does oatmeal raisin itself becase
"Murrr it has raisins so it tastes bad!"
"It has raisins. How can that possibly taste good you freaking weirdo?"
"The moon landing was faked, so they taste bad!"

1. Don't tell me what cookie taste like shit if you haven't tried it. If you have, then don't tell me how to live my life. I'll eat oatmeal raisin as I damn well please.
2. Shut up, I like raisins.
3. OATMEAL RAISIN IS NUTRIOUS AND DELICIOUS! (Well cookie wise...cookies aren't necessarily healthy.)