• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your favorite pokemon anime theme song?

I love the pokemon series to death and one of the smaller little details thrown in were the awesome themes. If you have an extremely nostalgic cartoon from your childhood you probably remember the theme, and pokemon is no exception to it. So what was your favorite theme song from the show and why. You can even rant about your least favorites if you want. My favorite would be the Master Quest theme song as Jhoto is my favorite region and the song has so much nostalgia, and my least would be the new X and Y theme for simply cashing in on the awesomeness of the original. Have fun and tell the world your favorite pokemon theme song.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing how it's a thread about the anime and not the Games, I moved it to a more appropriate forum. Kindly read board descriptions before posting.

Anyway. That's a bit of a tough question - since honestly, 'm terrible at picking 'favorites' and there were so many good ones... In Japanese. Most of the dub themes failed to leave any form of lasting impression on me - save for the original (due to being the first, I guess) and a gentle nod of approval towards Galactic Battles, which was a half-decent song which I only remember because of its association with the only episodes of the DP dub I actually remember - "Ancient Family Matters" and "Dealing With Defensive Types". I'm sorry, but Byron was fucking hilarious and that's all there is to it.

But there is a certain dark horse candidate for my favorite Pokémon Anime Theme of all times - one that most of you wouldn't be aware of... And this is it.

This is the Italian opening of the Advanced Battle season. It is glorious. That's all there is to it.