• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What pokemon do you want to see in Pokken tournament?

This is a topic that keeps popping up among me and my friends. We keep going back and forth between what pokemon we want to see, who is likely to get in and who would fit well in a fighting game. So now I put the question to 'charms at large. What pokemon do you think we might see in Pokken Tournament and why do you think so?

Personally I would love to see Hawlucha in the roster. Hawlucha's fighting style, being that of a flashy masked wrestler, would be really fun to see in a fighting game. With plenty of jumping attacks and grappling, I think it would be a great spectacle.

for my qualifications id want some pokemon that can stand on their legs. i thought of dragonite (it could be a very powerful character in game, and it could also fly), medicham (a possibly good special fighter), gengar (a good balance between physical and special but would be on the more powerful side of things. i bet youve seen the intro for gen. 1 and its remakes, so you should understand why) and probably weavile (it could be very fast with great attacks but very low defense)

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
If like to see Gallade and Gardevoir. I love the Ralts evolution line.
Gardevoir would be more of a special fighter (Psychic powers) than hand on hand combat. (Gardevoirs fighting style would be like Morrigan in marvel vs. Capcom 3. But that really isn't Namcos style, having special attackers. It's more like SNK's
To do stuff like that.)
Gallade because he's an amazing fighter and needs to be there. There really isn't much reasons that I can give.

Lucario would be a great fighter. Combining special attacks like Aura Sphere and physical attacks like Close Combat would be a great strategy and he would rack up points easily.

I think Scyther would be a good one for this. Bipedal, fast, and has blade arms. Seems fairly obvious to me. I also think Raticate may work. Small and fast with lots of biting and jumping/kicking attacks.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Raichu? Because I'm blatantly biased? :D
*sobs*

Bias aside, there are several Pokemon that I'd love to see included in a title like this. As @SpaxThePacifest just mentioned, Snorlax would make for a brilliant slow, bulky/tankish fighter. Zangoose could battle with both fists/kicks and claws thanks to its ability to retract them. Marowak could battle with its club, allowing it some attack variations from Pokemon that don't hold a weapon. The likes of Electabuzz or Electivire would also be fun due to their body builds and their electric-typing (paralyzing attacks~). Electivire would also have the added versatility of its tails.

Regarding Fighting-type Pokemon specifically, any of the Hitmon family would be perfect inclusions due to their unique movements: elemental punches for Hitmonchan, spring kicks from Hitmonlee, and spin attacks from Hitmontop. I'd also like to see Blaziken or Infernape included - if not both - due to both their fire-typing and their attack styles in general. Blaziken would definitely be toting Blaze Kick and Infernape could focus on more nimble moves like Mach Punch. Flare Blitz on either of 'em would likely look brilliant in that graphical style, too. Toxicroak would be a fun inclusion for poison related attacks/effects, and Pangoro would simply look boss. 8)

The list goes on and on... There are so many interesting Pokemon that could be included in the game with unique ways of moving/battling. I've only listed bipedal Pokemon because I'm not sure if the game will touch quadrupeds but it most likely will. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about Pokken in general. ^_^

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Blissey. As a Training Mode punching bag.

Also Hariyama with an E. Honda-esque moveset would be pretty awesome.

We already know about Lucario and Machamp so.... I would love to see Charizard and it would be interesting to see Haxorous as a heavy hitter. Simply because you can't have a proper fighting game without a bulky monolith-type character that just wipes out everyone with one combo.

I would say Sceptile. I can see it as a very fast hitter, not to mention what it's tail could be used for.
Or Grovyle if the tail is to difficult to work with. Also Golurk, because there needs to be a robot-like fighter in there somewhere.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
What about Nidoking/Nidoqueen? A fun inclusion might be that they could switch between each other, Shiek/Zelda style. Nidoking = more of an attacker. Nidoqueen = more of a blocker.

Since quadrupled Pokemon have been confirmed for Pokken, I'd absolutely LOVE to see Virizion as a playable character. I'd probably play as her all the time (and Blaziken, and Lopunny (of it was playable).
Lopunny is one of my favourite Pokemon now, so of course I'd like it to be a playable character. It would probably mega evolve or something. Lopunny would be perfect for a game like this.
Other Pokemon I'd like to see in this game include:
- Hitmonlee
- Hitmonchan
- Throh
- Sawk
- Hawlucha
- Hariyama
- Emboar (for some really strange reason)
- Chesnaught
- Mienshao
- Venusaur or Blastoise (No Charizard, it doesn't need anymore attention)
- Magmortar
- Electivire
- Hydreigon
- Infernape (even though I'm not really fond of it)

Zoroark, Druddigon, Mienshao, Lopunny, Haxorus, Alakazam, Eeveelutions, Lugia, Feraligatr, Scrafty, Floatzel, Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Zekrom, Reshiram, Giratina, Dialga :3

*yelling from the back of the room* MILTANK!

Imagine.

Seriously though, I don't see why Miltank shouldn't be a part of Pokken Tournament. Pretty fast, wonderful physical attack if trained properly with the right nature, and has a good offensive move set that could easily be incorporated into this game. Aside from my bias, here's some more ideas:

• Feraligatr or Krookidile. Bipedal, and they boast amazing attack stats. I think they'd be great competitors.
  • Lopunny! Quick hitter and super cute design!
  • Hawlucha. Imagine the presentation for Hawlucha.
  • Leavanny? Please tell me we haven't forgotten Leavanny? We need more grass types or bug types! Scyther/Scizor would be a fun addition too.
  • Literally pick any Eeveelution and they'd probably be a wonderful addition. (Except Flareon--its move set is honestly so tragic.)
  • Beedrill, anyone?
  • Bisharp would be SO DOPE to watch or play as in this format. It's like a soldier!
  • Sceptile/Grovyle would be fun to watch in action. Especially with their speed!
  • Lickitung. No explanation needed.
  • Poliwrath, another fighting type but with an aquatic spin.
  • Ambipom? Garchomp? Abomasnow? Some more gen 4s, please.
  • Squirtle--but the squirtle from the squirtle squad.
  • Absol would be interesting on the field.
  • STARMIE!
  • As far as legendaries go... how about Deoxys? Or the lake legendaries from Sinnoh? Mew or Mewtwo obvs as well.

This is a topic that keeps popping up among me and my friends. We keep going back and forth between what pokemon we want to see, who is likely to get in and who would fit well in a fighting game. So now I put the question to 'charms at large. What pokemon do you think we might see in Pokken Tournament and why do you think so?

Personally I would love to see Hawlucha in the roster. Hawlucha's fighting style, being that of a flashy masked wrestler, would be really fun to see in a fighting game. With plenty of jumping attacks and grappling, I think it would be a great spectacle.
I would really like to see blastoise

Ambipom because if it gets in, it'll probably while out quick attacks due to two large arms. I also want Bisharp to be in because...well...it just seems logical.