• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join When It Falls

(Rules)
1. Must be older than 15
2. Posts must be at least 3 sentences long
3. You CAN be a member of Team Space
4. Only 1 shiny pokemon
5. have fun!

There had once been a time of peace between the regions. A time of prosperity. Everyone had been happy. Trade was flowing fluently through the allied regions; Kanto producing pokeballs, Jhoto producing potions, Hoenn producing pokeblocks, Sinnoh keeping up the underground, Unova producing food, and Kalos producing clothes. But then, everything went wrong.

Rea had been watching on tv when Kalos gave their alliance to the newly formed Team Space. Rumors spread around town had said it was made up of Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Plasma, and Team Flare. Rea, having been living in the Unova region, was shocked. At the same time she was relieved. At least her region wasn't giving up hope.

By the end of the year, Kanto, Hoenn, and Unova had been taken over by force. Rea had been trapped in the mass of people fleeing. Trading had stopped flowing, for the regions were under the control of Team Space. The remaining regions had tried to form a army to protect themselves, but Rea was sure it was futile. They may have had potions, pokeblocks, and the Underground, but they could not catch pokemon without Kanto's production of Pokeballs.

Rea's glasses were now cracked, but not shattered. She checked her team, which consisted of Serperior, Stoutland, Lapras, Levanny, Ninetails, and a shiny Sylveon that she had captured on vacation in the Kalos region. She had decided that she would form her own rebellion. Rea tossed on her green beret, tied her auburn hair into a braid, and began to pack her bag.

Rea packed food, water, pokeballs, potions, a lighter, matches, a book, a notebook, and a small pokedoll of a skitty. She took a deep breath, and looked out the window. No guards in sight. She snuck out the door, closing it quietly. Rea took off running, keeping up pace with herself.

Amber was walking down the streets of her region, Sinnoh. Her dark boots shuffled through the snow, and she decided to attempt to tighten her long brown trench coat-dress, and adjust her pink earmuffs. Recently, Amber felt it had been a bit colder than usual. Sure, it was mainly mental. Who wouldn't feel a sudden hovering gloom of depression and fear with all of what had been happening recently. She glanced around as the wind kicked up, having her dark raven hair lightly lift from her shoulders and sway with the wind. She began to question why she even went out on her own as she saw the sun slowly set. Holding her bag closer to her, Amber picked up the pace towards home. She thought about releasing one of her pokemon, but told herself it was unnecessary in order to calm herself.

Why? Why had she so recently become so alert to her surroundings? Well with the recent 'conquering' of sorts of the other regions, the 16 year old was more than sure that the mafia of all past sinister organizations would soon come after Sinnoh. Yes, a group of vigilantes known as 'Team Galactic' had tried to take over Sinnoh - but they were handled quite quickly. The fact that it was so many infamous groups formed into one scared her. Sinnoh is and had always been a large and successful region. The region itself and Kalos produce many popular celebrities and products, and getting a hold of their underground systems and plans would serve of great use to this Team Space.

Amber hoped the current defenses Sinnoh had already taken would be enough to defend the winter wonderland, but something in her gut told her things wouldn't be too stable. People were already resorting to using some of the underground as panic shelters, gang houses, and even pokemon military training. People would eventually lose their mind and turn on each other in fear - so if Team Space didn't take over Sinnoh - it was quite possible it would bring itself down.

Rea knew where she had to go. Castelia City. They had a port that she could sail out of. She could take refuge somewhere in a free region until the turmoil stopped-if it stopped. After getting down the street, Rea lunged into the pokemon center. It had been the only non-Team Space-run business left open. "Oh, hello, Rea. What brings you here? Children should be staying inside." Nurse Joy exclaimed, a hint of worry in her voice. "Just picking up a bag of Ouran berries." Rea lied. Team Space obviously was watching their conversation.

After she had bought the berries, Rea raced to the nearest route marker. A grunt, which Rea assumed was from Team Magma judging by his uniform, was standing guard. "What are ya doin, kid?" He snarled, stepping towards her. "I'm just delivering these berries!" Rea protested. "You know the fee by now." He retorted, holding out his hand. She reluctantly placed 200 Pokedollars in his hand, and ran off. She gave that excuse to each Gate Guard until she made it to Castelia City.

The city was in shambles. Windows cracked, fires started, trash littering the once clean streets. It disgusted her. She tried to ignore it, pushing up her glasses. "Hey! Citizens aren't allowed at the docks!" A female voice shouted. There were 3 grunts running after her. Rea sprited ahead, releasing her Lapras into the water of the docks. She hopped on its back, and began to speed off. Water splashed into her face because of Lapras's high speed. After many hours of sailing, she had finally reached land. The Sinnoh region. Known for their cold climate. "Great." She sighed, annoyed.

"Hey Mom, I'm Home." Called the petite teenager as she entered her home.

Kicking off the excess snow on her boots, she hung up her coat and earmuffs. Amber continued in to her home, seeing her mother sitting at their kitchen glass table, viewing the television while sipping some of her homemade tea. The channel set was the News, of course- it played current events of what was going on within the other regions and heard many government official's opinions on the matter, and what they were trying to do to ensure Sinnoh's safety. Amber rolled her eyes as she entered the kitchen, a small Marill in her arms. The water type pokemon was one that Amber managed to come across and capture with one of her spare poke balls. The pokemon chirped at the television, which caused both Amber and her mother to crack a smile.

"I agree." Amber's mother spoke. "They are saying now that since Sinnoh, Johto, and Kalos are the only Regions claiming Independence..for now that is...many refugees are escaping and overpopulating us."

The raven haired trainer winced. The thought of having all kinds of foreigners over-running Sinnoh surely wouldn't be any help to the situation. Especially since she lived in Snowpoint City - which is close to the edge of the region and was connected with SunnyShore City, where any clever refugee could sail into from other regions and head directly to Snowpoint. Amber hoped that the immense snow would be enough to keep refugees from wanting to enter - but wanting freedom was a force that could not be easily stopped.

After heading upstairs, she released a large sigh and plopped onto her bed. Many thoughts and worries rushed through Amber's head as she sunk her face deeper into her pillow. Soon, she drifted off into a sleep - until she was roughly awoken hours later by a wave of thought seemingly smashed into her head, making her feel incredibly selfish that she forgot.

"ANTITODE!" She squealed to herself. She had forgotten that her Milotic had gotten poisoned by stumbling upon a violent Venipede, that managed to sting the unfortunate Milotic by surprise.

Moving as quietly as possible, Amber collected her poke balls and tossed them in her white bag, and throw on her trench coat, sneaking out of the door. Waiting until morning to buy the antidote was not an option - not only had Milotic been sick for a couple of days now - but with the events going on, medicine and food might possibly become scarce, so she had to grab it as soon as she could. Amber quietly maneuvered through the streets as she followed a short-cut path to the Pokemon Center she had memorized - until seeing a large shadowy figure in the large river nearby. She automatically was frightened - was this already a member of Team Space trying to infiltrate Sinnoh on the down-low? Amber stayed as quiet as she could, and quickly made her way behind a building, peering around the corner, gripping a pokeball in her fist.

Rea stumbled off of her lapras, almost tripping when she landed. She was extremley tired. She placed her pokeball up to Lapras's head, returning it. She began to walk into the town. Maybe she could find a inn or something. Rea cleaned the fog off of her cracked glasses, hoping that she could actually see.

"S-Stop right there!"

Amber rounded the corner quickly, holding a pokeball out. She had thought it all out already. In the worse case scenario, this was a Team Space grunt attempting to slyly infiltrate Sinnoh and take it over secretly from the inside instead of using public force and go through all the hassle. The figure seemed to be a girl, and didn't look too much like any high rank within the sinister group, as she only seemed to carry a Lapras with her - or that's what Amber thought. Even if it were a refugee checking out a successful route to sneak into Sinnoh, Amber could demand she leave and not allow anyone to infiltrate Sinnoh illegally.

First, If anything, the grunt wouldn't be able to tell how strong or weak Amber herself was, since the grunt is new to Sinnoh. Second, since it was decently dark outside and the snow had just finished falling, the grunt's sight would be impaired and the weather would throw her and her pokemon off - assuming she had no ice types. Finally, if they did have to battle, and Amber were to lose, she knew these routes by heart, and could flee in any given direction and confuse the enemy.

However, Amber noticed this girl seemed to be close in age to herself, and her position didn't seem like she was attempting to be stealthy. The teen would just have to hold her breathe and wait for the arriving moments to reveal what the case really was.

The girl's voice shocked Rea. "Eh??" She asked, turning around. While doing this, a large crack in the sidewalk caused her to trip. She fell to the ground, her glasses falling off of her nose. Rea grumbled something under her breath, which sounded like some curse. "What's your deal?" She demanded, straightening her beret. "Oh. Yeah. Right." Rea had forgotten for a second that she wasn't in Unova anymore.

Amber was slightly confused as the girls glasses slid towards her boots. She eyed them slightly as she heard the girl muffle something - causing Amber to back up, afraid the 'glasses' might have actually been some kind of weapon.

Although she was scared, she stood her ground. She felt like she was possibly over-reacting, as she heard more mumbling coming from the person in front of her, now face down into the slow and slowly getting up. Amber kept her arm up, the pokeball aiming at the girl. She asked what Ambers issue was - as if the girl were supposed to be there.

"You...you better talk! Who are you, and where are you from!?" She stuttered out.

Could it have been a civilian late night freeze fishing? Sure, but Amber could tell just by the clothing the girl wore that she wasn't from Sinnoh, she just couldn't think of where she could've come from.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... I'm from somewhere. What's it to you?" Rea retorted, and reached towards her glasses. This girl was weird. She had to be careful, what if she was some spy for Team Space?

This girl spoke with confidence, making Amber slightly intimidated. She wouldn't give her location. She reached for her glasses, and Amber stepped back yet again. This time, out of the pokeball she held, in a quick flash of light, a Gardevoir was released. The pokemon gracefully landed beside Amber, fiercely studying the girl infront of her.

"What's it to me? This is my home, and you are no civilian. Sinnoh has been threatened very many times lately, and I will not allow you to infiltrate here. I will ask you again, where are you from?"

She felt a bit more confident since she was able to bring out Gardevoir, but still wasn't sure if she could bring it to herself to attack another human with a pokemon if she needed. Amber hadn't ever had to get physical with people themselves violence wise, and was very nervous.

"If you wanna battle, go ahead. I won't stop you." Rea challenged. "Or, we could go the easy way." Rea reached once again for her glasses, keeping her other hand on Stoutland's pokeball. She didn't want to fight this girl, but she would if she needed to.

James went out his apartment in Snowpoint. He sighed as he remembered what happen to his parents back in Johto. Mother, Father, I will avenge you and defeat Team Space! N also said he would support us, he made his promise when he helped defend Johto...

He looked forward as he spotted two women. One of them looked like she was local and the other foreign. He remains away, but puts his hand on his pokeball in case he suspected one of them was a Team Space spy, especially from Plasma.

Last edited by a moderator:
Detsu sighed as he came from the forest. His Silver Eevee happily tagged along behind. "That sure was a pinch we had got ourselves into.. We have to be more careful Shade." Detsu clenched his teeth as he remembered his gym being taken over by Team Space in Kanto. His Eevee happily jumped around until it spotted the two girls in the distance. Detsus eyes Glimmered as he dashed in their direction completely passing the guy hiding behind the tree. "Have no fear ladies I am here to save you!"

Amber was absolutely dumbfounded. Her face went blank when a kid appeared out of now where, acting as if they were trapped. What was this, did this girl have an ally that snuck here beforehand? Maybe they were both Team Space grunts. Very confused and scared at the situation, Gardevoir and Kana stepped closer to eachother.

"I-I'm warning you! I know you are from Team Space- Go back to your lands, you aren't welcome here in Sinnoh! I'm... I'm not joking!" She threatened.

The fact that this girl infront of her was so ready to battle and not the slightest bit worried frightened Amber, but Amber felt it was her duty to defend her region at this point.

"T-team SPACE?!" Rea asked, dumbfounded. She burst out laughing. "Man, kid, are you brain dead?!" She picked up her glasses, and stood up. "The name's Realyn Edwards, but I prefer Rea." She stuck out one hand, gesturing for a shake.

At this point, Amber's face was pure white, her eyes wide but completely empty. She went stiff.

"Y-...you mean....you're not a Team Space affiliant?" She questioned, suddenly feeling incredibly embarrassed.

Was this a tactic? Maybe she actually was just someone in a late fishing trip - but that didn't explain her clothes. Maybe she just isn't bothered by the cold? Or she possibly is just a singled innocent refugee who fled here in attempt to escape her region? If that were the case, she still possibly could've had other contacts who wanted to swarm inside of Sinnoh as well. Or...maybe she actually was a Team Space grunt and was just busted, so her back up plan was to act innocent.

Amber honestly had no idea what to do. She looked towards her Gardevoir, who nodded to her, causing Amber to turn back around.

"What makes you think I can believe you?" She asked, looking this girl who claimed to be called Rae, in the eyes.

"Um... I don't know how you know to trust me." Rea shrugged, dusting off her pants. "Anyways, do ya know where the fastest way to the nearest town is? I forgot my map at home." She explained, lying once again. She didn't want to be bugged about being a so-called "refugee".

James hesitated. So, was these guys part of Team Space? One of them dosen't look like she is but...I can't let my guard down James thought.
He continued to remain hidden and observe what they were doing, unsure whether to greet them or not.

Amber had made up her mind. How was she even a resident of Sinnoh if she couldn't even get home - let alone find town. The thing was, who would be the first to attack?

"Th-Theres no way you live here! I know you're lying! Gardevoir!" Amber called, jumping backwards, the tall psychic pokemon next to her shining - as if reading her trainer's mind.

The veil-like part of her body began to sway as wind caught up, and Gardevoir started singing. The area began to glow a faint purple, and Rea could feel slight off-balance. Quickly, a pure orb of raveling psychic energy formed infront of Gardevoir, and launched it at Rea. It hurdled towards her target, picking up speed.

Detsu stopped in his tracks as he saw the confrontation escalate. "Um.. What's going on?" Detsu's ears twitched as he turned around he yelled "Oi! What are you doing behind that tree?"

Rea dodged swiftly, rolling to a stop. She drew Stoutland's pokeball. "Stout! Crunch!" Stoutland's teeth glew black, and he lunged towards Gardevoir.

James stepped out from behind the tree. "If your part of Team Space, then you'll be sorry you've came by this place!" James said to Detsu. "So, what will it be? Fight, or run?" James told Detsu, daring him to attack.

He put his hand on Darius's pokeball, ready to send him out if James thought Detsu was looking for a fight.

Detsu's Dark red eyes twitched as James talked. "T-team Space?! How dare you associate me as an underling to those... Those.. Ugh!" He threw his hands up."Do you know who I am?! I just happened to be a gym leader back in Kanto, but I'll happily take you on!"

James hesitated. Was he really a gym leader of Kanto? Or is this "gym leader" really Team Space grunt trying to trick me? he thought.

James shook his head and said "I don't believe you, Kanto fell when Team Space attacked. For all I know, you could be a spy! I know just the thing to deal with spys such as you! Lets show him Darius!"

He threw a pokeball to send out Darius, his Persian. "Reaw!" Darius yelled, daring Detsu to make his move.

The orb of Psychic energy slammed into the ground as Rea dodged it. Kana looked up quickly, hearing some rambunctious actions behind her. She saw two more males - thinking they were possibly alias's of Rea - however, she saw them about to engage in combat as well. It seems they were in the same predicament.

Tossing the thought aside - Kana had to focus on what was happening in her situation. Rea was definitely physically cable of taking care of herself, so Kana focused on trying to take down her summoned Stoutland before aiming towards Rea. She drew in a quick breath as the opposing pokemon lunged towards Gardevoir while using Crunch.

"Gardevoir quick - Dazzling Gleam!" The girl shouted.

The dual psychic-fairy type reached both arms outwards, her body quickly flashing a blinding light outwards. The attack cancelled out the Dark-Type move, causing Stoutland to stumble a bit.

"Kid, I don't want to fight you!" Rea yelled, sending Stout back into his pokeball. She sent out her lapras. It charged up an ice beam, and shot it at the Gardevoir. "Just leave me alone!"

Gardevoir was hit with the Ice-Beam, causing it to slightly shriek as it was pushed backwards. It managed to stay on its feet, though.

"And leave you take over Sinnoh, too!? No way! Gardevoir, use Psychic once more!" Kana called.

Gardevoir began singing again, and the area started turning a fainted purple color as the orb was quickly charging up between Gardevoir's palms. Kana, knew the attack would hit - since Lapras had the disadvantage, due to it being a large massed pokemon, and since it was now on land. The orb went flying and crashed into the front area of the giant shelled pokemon.

"I'm not trying to take over Sinnoh!" Rea yelled, withdrawing her pokemon. "Ugh... I don't have time for this! I forfeit, how does that sound? Then you can just leave me be!" She sighed, taking off her glasses. She took out a red cloth, and wiped them clean.

Detsu teeth grinded against each other. "So it's going down like this huh? Well I warned you!" He threw out his great ball unleashing his Blaziken. "Blaze.. let's show him all the training we did in Hoenn!" Blaze smirked slightly as he flexed "I'm giving you one more chance to back out of this!"

James glared at Detsu. "We'll see about that "gym leader" James said. "Darius, open with Swift!"

"Meawr" Darius yelled. He sent out star shaped projectiles at Blaze, homing in on the Blaziken.

Detsu lowered his head. "Blaze! Don't let it hit you!" Blaze nodded as the swift made its way toward him. With fierce kicks he sent the swift flying catching the last one in his hands. "Now Blaze! Double Kick!"Blaze made his way quickly behind Darius. Detsu folded his arms "Blaze is known for his speed!"

Darius gets hit by the double kick, but he landed on his feet. "So he is huh? Lets show them our speed Darius! Use Screech followed by Slash!" James commanded.

Darius pounces up. "REAWR!" Darius screeches, sending sound waves at Blaze. He then extends his claws and pounces on Blaze, ready to slice at him.

Detsu smiled slightly. "Blaze! You got this!" Blaze was thrown off his balance slightly by the loud noise but as the slash made its way to Blaze, Blaze also used Slash. Sand was raised but as the sand cleared the two pokemon were at each others neck. It appeared to be a stalemate...

James looked at Detsu. Perhaps he was telling the truth, a real Team Space member wouldn't be able to fight this well...unless he's an elite! James thought.

He then smiled. "Darius, hang in there! Use Power Gem!" James commanded.

The Jewel on Darius's head started to glow. He then sends out small gems to fire at Blaze, but the movement is somewhat sluggish due to him being engaged.

Darius gets hit by the Flamethrower. "Meaw!!" He cried out. "Darius!" James cried out as Darius fell to the ground.

Darius barely stands up with clear signs of being burnt. "Me...a..." Darius says weakly before collapsing. "You've done well Darius, return!" James said.

James puts his hand on another pokeball and says "I'm not done yet "gym leader", in fact, I'm just getting warmed up! Lets see how you deal with Stalker." He says as he sends out Stalker, his Noctowl. "Hoo!" Stalker says, facing Blaze.

Blaze let's out aloud roar as his fire increased. "That's great! We're just getting warmed up!" Detsu clenched his fists as he unleashed a smile. "Let's go Blaze! Let's give it our all!" Blaze nodded as his band around his leg glowed. "Now! Mega-Evolve!"

So, they can Mega Evolve huh? Looks like I'll have to pull out my secret weapon soon. James thought.

"We can still do this Stalker! Use Reflect, then use Extrasensory!" James commanded Stalker.

"Hoo!" Stalker said as she puts up a barrier around herself, then launches a strange psychic energy at Blaze.

Blaze roared with determination. Detsu raised his fist in the air. "Now this is a battle! Let's get this thing going Blaze!" Blaze dashed in Stalkers direction. Detsu laughed "Now let's hit him with our specia-" Detsu trailed off as a glow surrounded Blaze. The Mega-Evolution had worn off and Blaze fell to the ground. Detsu grabbed his hair as he yelled "Awe man! That's right! We used all our energy trying to get here!" His voice barely managed not to crack as he ran to Blaze. "Sorry little bro, I guesswe pushed it a little too far this time right?" Blaze laughed slightly as he stood up hitting Detsu in the back of the head."Ah... Oh right! He he" Detsu turned his his attention to James, his deep opening his left eye to reveal a deep red eye hidden underneath the scar on his eye-lid. "That was really fun! You sure know how to battle! And that means a lot coming from me!" He put his hand out to Shake Jane's "Or do you still believe I'm apart of team.... Space?"

James looked at Detsu. I guess he IS a gym leader after all he thought. He took the hand and shook it. "I believe you, no one from Team Space would fight honorably like that, heck, there arn't that many members, if any that can mega evolve their pokemon..."

He then looks down and says "I guess...I owe you an apology...I'm sorry for not trusting you...and for accusing you of being Team Space. Its just that..." He falls silent. "...My parents were murdered by Team Plasma elites who joined Team Space. N tried to stop them but..." He stays silent, unable to tell more of the painful memories.