• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Wild Mark: A Super Power RP Discussion

Welcome to Jadewall!​

A modern-day city where humans and celestial beings reside. Here, the extraordinary is not that unusual. Demons, monsters, and magical beings are at every turn. You are a Wild Mark, a person born with the power of the Zodiac. The Great Sages abducted you and whisked you away to their remote martial arts academy to teach you how to use your powers. But the sages have another goal, one that could threaten your very existence.

Years ago, the previous Wild Mark warriors defeated the greatest threat known to reality, the embodiment of Chaos itself. Although the city was saved, many lives were lost. The Great Sages predicted that Chaos would be reincarnated into five successors, the Remnants, who they believe will wreck havoc on the world. But the sages aren't the only ones tracking the Remnants. Demons and rebel alliances all want the Remnants for their own ends.

Will you be a Wild Mark hero, a servant of chaos, or a rebel against fate? The choice is up to you.

Disclaimer: This RP may contain butt-kicking action, sinister secrets, and absolutely no kissing.

The Power Structure:
Your character's Powers and Abilities depend on the year they were born. All Wild Marks are capable of learning powers and/or fighting styles based on the zodiac animals. There are 13 animals to choose from (I have included the cat, which takes the place of the Rabbit in the Vietnamese Zodiac). Your character also has a Ying/Yang alignment and one of the five elements listed below. Feel free to get creative with these. Your character can transform into their Zodiac animal or summon a spirit animal to fight with them. I've included a table for some ideas. You don't have to follow it to a T by any means.
AnimalYin or YangLucky #Lucky ColorsMost CompatibleLeast CompatiblePowers
RatYang2, 3blue, golden, greenDragon, Monkey, OxGoat, Horse, RabbitShrinking, night vision, sensitive touch, smell, swimming, jailbreaking
OxYin1, 9blue, red, purpleRat, Snake, RoosterHorse, Dog, GoatStrength, durability, night vision, hearing, tenacity
TigerYang1, 3, 4blue, grey, white, orangeHorse, Pig, DogSnake, MonkeyStealth, camouflage, night vision, hearing, agility, strength
RabbitYin1, 4, 9red, pink, purple, blueGoat, Pig, DogRat, Dragon, RoosterSpeed, agility, hearing, power jumping, smell, cunning
DragonYang1, 6, 7golden, silver, hoaryRat, Monkey, RoosterOx, Rabbit, Dog, DragonControl over water and weather, levitation, strength, wisdom, intellect
SnakeYin2, 8, 9red, light yellow, blackOx, Rooster, MonkeyTiger, PigInfrared vision, venom, toxin immunity, agility, smell, vibration sensitivity, strength, flexibility
HorseYang2, 3, 7brown, yellow, purpleTiger, Goat, DogRat, Ox, RabbitSpeed, stamina, endurance, hearing, smell
GoatYin3, 4, 9green, red, purpleRabbit, Horse, PigOx, DogNight vision, climbing, balance, hearing, jumping
MonkeyYang1, 7, 8white, golden, blueRat, Dragon, SnakeTiger, PigClimbing, balance, speed, object manipulation, agility,
RoosterYin5, 7, 8golden, brown, yellowOx, Dragon, SnakeRat, Rabbit, Dog, RoosterSound, gliding, sight, anger boost, protection/team shielding
DogYang3, 4, 9green, red, purpleTiger, Rabbit, HorseOx, Rooster, Dragon, GoatHearing, smell, night vision, emotion and disease detection, speed, strength, versaliity
PigYin2, 5, 8yellow, grey, brown, goldenGoat, RabbitSnake, Monkey, PigObject manipulation, smell, sensitive hearing, intellect
CatYinRatNight vision, super sight, speed, freefall, hearing, flexibility, agility, stealth, sorcery
Yin Yang symbolism - Arasia
The Meaning of Yin and Yang Symbols Revealed | LoveToKnow

Elements are based on the last number in your character's Birth Year. There are 5 to choose from. I have included a picture to give you an idea of what element beats what:
  • 0, 1 = Metal
  • 2, 3 = Water
  • 4, 5 = Wood
  • 6, 7 = Fire
  • 8, 9 = Earth
Chinese Five Elements Philosophy and Culture

A Note on Fusion moves: These can be done by harmonizing your energy with another character. These moves only work if your character has opposite Yin/Yang symbols or compatible animals. If you have both, then this move has even greater power.
Most Compatible Animals:
  • Rat, Dragon, & Monkey
  • Ox, Snake, & Rooster
  • Tiger, Horse, & Dog
  • Rabbit, Sheep, & Pig
Least Compatible Animals:
  • Rabbit & Rooster
  • Tiger & Monkey
  • Ox & Sheep
  • Rat & Horse
  • Pig & Snake
  • Dog & Dragon

Species Options:
Human = Pretty self explanatory. Can anything from a hero to a zodiac powered super villain. Most humans don't have powers. Those that do are considered rare or at least intriguing by the other races. What to be an average joe caught up in some mystical mumbo jumbo? By all means, be my guest.
Demon = Generally considered evil, greedy, or at least tricksters. Expect your alignment to fall somewhere on the chaotic end of the scale. The exact size and description of a demon may vary. Some have the power to possess people or objects. Some eat souls. Others enjoy casting illusions and stealing a person's wallet. According to legend, demons are the reincarnations of ancient fallen heroes.
Risen = These guys are considered good demons. Some are just trying to live a normal life while others are trying to redeem themselves for crimes they committed in a past life. Their features are generally somewhere in between demon and human.
Mythical Creature = anything from Asian mythology is fine: dragons, kitsunes, nagas, etc. Your character could also be a hybrid or descendant of one or more of these creatures. Just try not to make them too OP or too difficult to describe.
Remnant = This is not technically a species, but I thought I would include it. A remnant can be anything or anyone, good or bad, just as long as they have a dubious past and somewhat sinister or mysterious ability. You are basically a reincarnation of Chaos. Expect trouble to follow you at every turn.

Character Forms:
Name:
Birth Year (Age):
Gender/Pronouns:
Species: Human
Appearance:
Bio (optional):
Element:
Powers:
Others:
Name: Seraph
Birth Year (Age): Year of the Snake, 2001, (21 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Caucasian, sleek black hair cut off at the shoulders, brown eyes, wears a martial arts uniform with a red lotus pattern.
Bio (optional): To Be Role-played
Element: Metal
Powers: Infrared vision, spirit snake, venom strike, toxin immunity, flexibility, agile style fighting skills, scale armor, & vibration detection.
Others:

Academy NPCs:
Red Sage = Embodiment of Respect and Uprightness. Teaches Yin and Yang, Fusion Moves, and Teamwork.
Green Sage = Embodiment of Faith and Integrity. Teaches The Five Elements.
Yellow Sage = Embodiment of Benevolence and Charity. Teaches Self-Defense and Healing Powers.
Black Sage = Embodiment of Wisdom and Knowledge. Teaches Meditation and Channeling Your Inner Beast.
White Sage = Embodiment of Duty and Obedience. Teaches Hand-to-hand Combat, Mental Fortitude, and Non-elemental Powers.

Last edited:
Hello there! How does this sound?

Name: Orpheus
Birth Year (Age): 1995 (Year of the Pig, 28 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Male
Species: Remnant

Appearance:
download20230604125607.png

Bio:
A mysterious and melancholic vagabond, his general demeanor is depressed and anxious. There lies a chilling past behind him, yet it is not entirely clear exactly what that past entails.
Element: Wood
Powers: A particularly disturbing form of object manipulation, smell, sensitive hearing, intellect
Others: For some reason, he always keeps his hands tucked under his arms...

Hello there! How does this sound?

Name: Orpheus
Birth Year (Age): 1995 (Year of the Pig, 28 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Male

Appearance: View attachment 947098

Bio:
A mysterious and melancholic vagabond, his general demeanor is depressed and anxious. There lies a chilling past behind him, yet it is not entirely clear exactly what that past entails.
Powers: A particularly disturbing form of object manipulation, smell, sensitive hearing, intellect
Others: For some reason, he always keeps his hands tucked under his arms...
Sounds amazing! I think its safe to say you are accepted.

Not sure how many people are going to show up, but I'm holding out for more heroes. In the meantime, I added another character.

Name: Electra
Birth Year (Age): 1977 (46 years) Year of the Snake
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Pale skin, black hair, grey eyes (occasionally they turn yellow), wears a black uniform with a red cape, looks younger then she actually is.
Bio (optional): As a Remnant and a former street urchin, Electra knows what it's like to be rejected. When she learned about her origins she made it her mission to track down the remaining Remnants and "liberate" (ie. kidnap) the Sages' misguided students. Her powers are far from appealing, so much so that she has been dubbed "The Demon of Jadewall". She is not above commanding snakes and monsters to due her bidding. Curiously, though, there is no record of her killing anyone.
Element: Fire
Powers: snake telepathy, control over snakes, minor control over demons, seeing in total darkness, infrared/heat vision, fire immunity, spell chanting
Others: She is The Voice of Chaos (ie. most of her powers are themed after 'speaking'). This is supposed to mimic the legend that different "parts" of Chaos were reincarnated.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: No one knows her birth name, not even herself. Known on the streets as ‘Gray’.

Birth Year (Age): Year of the Rat, 2008 (14 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her/they/whatever

Appearance:
IMG_5308.png

Bio (optional): As far as Gray knows, she was abandoned on the streets at birth. She was adopted by a homeless woman who had suffered a miscarriage a few years prior, and has lived with a small homeless community ever since.

Element: Earth
Powers: Ratlike senses and night vision, escapism, poison resistance (not immune), general resilience, rat swarm communication, control of rat-carried diseases

Others: Her scars are from a tussle with a street dog when she was younger.

Last edited:
Alright lets try this out!!
Name: Blitz
Birth Year (Age): 1999 (23)
Gender/Pronouns: Male/ He/Him
Appearance:
1689340409958.png
Slightly tanned skin, green eyes and orange hair. Sharp features are often lit up by a wide toothy grin.
Bio (optional): Life on streets would dull most people but Blitz didn't allow it to burden him or his attitude. Originally hailing from a rather wealthy family he had an extremely comfortable life however once his Mark and abilities began to show themselves his family freaked. Labelled as demon and almost killed he ran from home at the age of 12. For a few years he grew up on the streets, using his abilities to survive and even help those as unfortunate as him. That was until the great sages whisked him away at the age of 16. Whilst suspicious and untrusting he allowed himself to be trained and cared by them up until present times, keeping his cards close to his chest and seeing how things play out before making a speedy move.
Powers: Enhanced hearing, enhanced speed, jumping and agility. Able to set themselves on fire, leave trails of flame whilst running or throw ignited punches and kicks.
Others: Loves a good carrot but spices ridiculously so with hot sauce.
((Question, how fast is the speed power, just so I know how to write it XD))

Last edited:
Name: No one knows her birth name, not even herself. Known on the streets as ‘Gray’.

Birth Year (Age): Year of the Rat, 2008 (14 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her/they/whatever

Appearance:View attachment 947123

Bio (optional): As far as Gray knows, she was abandoned on the streets at birth. She was adopted by a homeless woman who had suffered a miscarriage a few years prior, and has lived with a small homeless community ever since.

Element: Earth
Powers: Ratlike senses and night vision, escapism, poison resistance (not immune), general resilience, rat swarm communication, control of rat-carried diseases

Others: Her scars are from a tussle with a street dog when she was younger.
Wow. Love the drama. Accepted!

Alright lets try this out!!

Name: Blitz
Birth Year (Age): 1999 (23)
Gender/Pronouns: Male/ He/Him
Appearance: Slightly tanned skin, green eyes and orange hair. Sharp features are often lit up by a wide toothy grin.
Bio (optional): Life on streets would dull most people but Blitz didn't allow it to burden him or his attitude. Originally hailing from a rather wealthy family he had an extremely comfortable life however once his Mark and abilities began to show themselves his family freaked. Labelled as demon and almost killed he ran from home at the age of 12. For a few years he grew up on the streets, using his abilities to survive and even help those as unfortunate as him. That was until the great sages whisked him away at the age of 16. Whilst suspicious and untrusting he allowed himself to be trained and cared by them up until present times, keeping his cards close to his chest and seeing how things play out before making a speedy move.
Powers: Enhanced hearing, enhanced speed, jumping and agility. Able to set themselves on fire, leave trails of flame whilst running or throw ignited punches and kicks.
Others: Loves a good carrot but spices ridiculously so with hot sauce.

((Question, how fast is the speed power, just so I know how to write it XD))
Ooo! Year of the Rabbit. Accepted!

To answer your question about speed, I'd say you can go as fast as you want within reason. If you're going a short sprint, for example, you can probably go faster than if you try running long distance. Your character will probably tire out as a result. As long as you're not light speed fast, I think its fine. You'll probably reach a race car's top speed max, at least to start.

I'm back!

Looks like we're just about ready to start. Before I post, does anyone have a preference on where we start? My plan was to have Electra serve as our prologue, then switch to Jadewall where demons and academy recruits alike will be hunting down our characters. If you prefer we all start out at the academy, either voluntarily or by kidnap, let me know.

=Nightshade=

To be honest, I could go either way, whatever you’ve got more plot for. Starting at the academy would be great (I’d just have to write a paragraph or two to show how Gray got there), but only if there’s enough stuff prepared, yk? Starting in the city would be cool too, because it allows for a more diverse type of character interactions, it’s not set where they are, but at the same time with such a small cast people could get lost/isolated with NPCs pretty easily.

TL;DR if we had more characters (I might make another tho <.<) I’d prefer starting in the city. As it stands, I’m cool with either, whichever is more structured/prepared, since the academy would allow for more interactions.

=Nightshade=

Okay, how about this? It would require a little tweaking, but since I have two characters I can swing it so that we start in both places. Those who want to start in the city can do that. Those who want to start right at the academy can do that. Would that work for everybody or is that too much?
Definitely works for me, but I’m pretty flexible, I’d be cool with the general consensus ^^

Yo my brain was totally frazzled last night with how long I’d been awake so I could only really like the nice heartfelt messages as opposed to reply but now I’ve finished work today and I love this RP!!

I love how much we’re working with each other and how every single one of us is building the world and everyone like runs with it and I’m rambling and gushing but yeah

Everyone’s characters are sick and I want to meet and interact with them all and they’re pushing me to make my character better and more fleshed out so I might edit my bios to include more in-depth backstory and personality and that’s cause of you guys! Your influence and superb writings!

You all rock xD

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
No idea is this is an alright bio or not, but here it is.
Name: Silas
Birth Year (Age): Year of the Ox, 1805 (218 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Male (He/Him)
Species: Risen
Appearance:
633192_rJAN8oc6.png
Made using - https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/633192 (屈強腕組みんちゅ)
Powers: Enhanced strength, enhanced durability, night vision, can turn his skin to a very strong wood to boost his durability and has a minotaur-like ox transformation
Others: He was a powerful warrior from long in the past before he became a demon, he has a respectful tone when he speaks to others.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
EDIT 1: Name Change from 'Lord of Ashen Ones' to 'Lord of Galefire', and added a small detail that I forgot to add beforehand - that being Malphas being immune to fire (wouldn't make much sense if the guy who controls fire also gets hurt by it, lol)

Name: Malphas (A fake alias to cover his real name, which is a mystery to all but himself.)

Birth Year: 1904 - Year of the Dragon - 119 (I'm assuming Risen and Demons in general tend to live longer, can change if necessary.)

Gender/Pronouns: Male/Masculine

Appearance: Malphas overall holds a generally (very) tall, human-esque look, doing his best to hide his features and play off like what demonic details he holds are simply vanity, such as attempting to convince those who question his horns as being a simple headgear.. to varying success. Under his clothing, black crow feathers sprout from the lower halves of his arms and legs and, though his hands remain human in appearance, his feet are black talons. This is but a disguised form as Malphas' true appearance is an even taller, black-feathered Kotengu with a crimson-red beak and four white, glowing eyes.

Malphas.png

(Source)

Bio:
Malphas is a descendant of a line of Risen, which is part of a group who are standing against the forces of Chaos. They are rebels who have risen up and denounced their demonic brethren's violent and twisted ways by escaping, laying low and blending in amongst the commoners by taking up the positions that nobody else would have wanted to perform - Farming, Cleaning, you name it. Nothing was too much for these guys. They never rose to become a grander organization, as even now they are but a few members of a nigh-unknown group who teach each other the way of life, combat and anything else that's not beyond their limited knowledge. They appear overall pretty self-sustainable and unreliant on others to survive. This shrouds much of Malphas' own past in mystery, though.. does it really matter? As it stands, this Risen is nothing more but a simple, hard-working man performing odd jobs here and there, so why bother making a note of past memories?

Powers:
Kotengu-type Demon - Malphas is a type of Risen that holds a most close resemblance to the 'Kotengu' Yokai. This grants him flight through black avian wings, enhanced crow-based attributes (agility, intelligence, etc., additionally amplified through being a Risen), alongside a slight shapeshifting ability, allowing him to transform between a human-esque disguised form; a semi-large, relatively normal raven and his real form, which more closely resembles a black-feathered Kotengu with a red beak. As this is a power based on his own biology, it has no negative drawbacks other than simple exhaustion from overexertion.

Lord of Galefire - Combining his element with a manipulation of crows, Malphas is capable of manifesting crow-shaped energy projectiles made from either ash, fire and/or smoke that he can control freely, alongside cinder-tipped, burning feathers that can be thrown like kunais or shot like arrows from his own feathers and a general firebending talent (which includes fire immunity, because it'd be nonsensical for his own element to be harmful to him.)

Non-elemental skills include avian communication, dispersing his body into a swarm of crows (or smoke, flames, etc. in case of his elemental bending) and re-forming it from the same swarm, casting regular corvids under his control via mind control and being a natural magnet for crows and ravens alike. Overuse of bending flames to his will can slowly singe his feathers and cause increasing amounts of burns to his being. (For reference, Overuse bypasses his immunity since it comes from internally/directly using his fire manipulating ability. Outside flames he is still immune against.)

Blessing of the Dragon - Levitation (Only serves to make flying easier), Enhanced Strength, Wisdom and Intelligence (the latter amplified by his demon type), Sky Manipulation (a combination of weather and water that allows control over celestial elements like clouds, rain, etc.) The Blessing also comes pre-equipped with a separate transformation into a phoenix dragon-like beast with scarlet feathers that transition into golden tips, six blazing orange eyes and a black beak with matching talons, befitting of his crow-like biology. Sky Manipulation tends to be a risky (and quite difficult) thing to perform long-term since it's usually on such a wide scale and Levitation can become tiring if used for too long.

Others:
A couple fun facts about Malphas:
- If one were to pay close attention to his hair, they'd notice that it is not real hair on his human form's head, but a mass of very tiny feathers of varying lengths to make it look like hair.. which explains why it never seems to grow.. or even move much at all, for that matter.

- When Malphas is around, corvids tend to flock to his general location, never quite pinpointing his whereabouts but always letting a smart mind know the broad area he's strolling about in. This has made business pretty hard to come by, given what a murder of crows typically tends to represent.

- The two stripes on each side of his cheeks are not painted on, but completely part of his skin, even being present on his 'true' form.

- Malphas tends to enjoy keeping around all kinds of gadgets, trinkets and artifacts, so long as they're either valuable, shiny, magical or a mix of the three, befitting to his demon type. And matching to a Kotengu's attitude, one clever thinker is all it takes to potentially trick him into giving up something valuable for something worthless.

- Malphas will often use his flocks as scouts and collectors, gathering both lost currency and just about anything shiny for him to hoard like a dragon would with its mountains of treasure. He will especially use this method of gathering currency if his personal funds are close to running dry as he's most unwilling to part with any of his personal items unless he absolutely needs to do so.

- Malphas, like most if not all members of his unnamed group, is willing to do just about any job that doesn't involve performing any malicious deeds, no matter the amount of labour needed to put into it or the mess it would create. Perhaps, this may even involve a form of janitorial and/or custodial service to a certain academy?

Last edited:
No idea is this is an alright bio or not, but here it is.
Name: Silas
Birth Year (Age): Year of the Ox, 1805 (218 years old)
Gender/Pronouns: Male (He/Him)
Appearance:
View attachment 947178
Made using - https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/633192 (屈強腕組みんちゅ)
Powers: Enhanced strength, enhanced durability, night vision, can turn his skin to a very strong wood to boost his durability and has a minotaur-like ox transformation
Others: He was a powerful warrior from long in the past before he became a demon, he has a respectful tone when he speaks to others.
Works for me! Welcome to the team. If you need help figuring out where to jump in, just let me know.

Name: Malphas (A fake alias to cover his real name, which is a mystery to all but himself.)

Birth Year: 1904 - Year of the Dragon - 119 (I'm assuming Risen and Demons in general tend to live longer, can change if necessary.)

Gender/Pronouns: Male/Masculine

Appearance: Malphas overall holds a generally (very) tall, human-esque look, doing his best to hide his features and play off like what demonic details he holds are simply vanity, such as attempting to convince those who question his horns as being a simple headgear.. to varying success. Under his clothing, black crow feathers sprout from the lower halves of his arms and legs and, though his hands remain human in appearance, his feet are black talons. This is but a disguised form as Malphas' true appearance is an even taller, black-feathered Kotengu with a crimson-red beak and four white, glowing eyes.

View attachment 947180
(Source)

Bio:
Malphas is a descendant of a line of Risen, which is part of a group who are standing against the forces of Chaos. They are rebels who have risen up and denounced their demonic brethren's violent and twisted ways by escaping, laying low and blending in amongst the commoners by taking up the positions that nobody else would have wanted to perform - Farming, Cleaning, you name it. Nothing was too much for these guys. They never rose to become a grander organization, as even now they are but a few members of a nigh-unknown group who teach each other the way of life, combat and anything else that's not beyond their limited knowledge. They appear overall pretty self-sustainable and unreliant on others to survive. This shrouds much of Malphas' own past in mystery, though.. does it really matter? As it stands, this Risen is nothing more but a simple, hard-working man performing odd jobs here and there, so why bother making a note of past memories?

Powers:
Kotengu-type Demon - Malphas is a type of Risen that holds a most close resemblance to the 'Kotengu' Yokai. This grants him flight through black avian wings, enhanced crow-based attributes (agility, intelligence, etc., additionally amplified through being a Risen), alongside a slight shapeshifting ability, allowing him to transform between a human-esque disguised form; a semi-large, relatively normal raven and his real form, which more closely resembles a black-feathered Kotengu with a red beak. As this is a power based on his own biology, it has no negative drawbacks other than simple exhaustion from overexertion.

Lord of the Ashen Ones - Combining his element with a manipulation of crows, Malphas is capable of manifesting crow-shaped energy projectiles made from either ash, fire and/or smoke that he can control freely, alongside cinder-tipped, burning feathers that can be thrown like kunais or shot like arrows from his own feathers and a general firebending talent. Non-elemental skills include avian communication, dispersing his body into a swarm of crows (or smoke, flames, etc. in case of his elemental bending) and re-forming it from the same swarm, casting regular corvids under his control via mind control and being a natural magnet for crows and ravens alike. Overuse of bending flames to his will can slowly singe his feathers and cause increasing amounts of burns to his being.

Blessing of the Dragon - Levitation (Only serves to make flying easier), Enhanced Strength, Wisdom and Intelligence (the latter amplified by his demon type), Sky Manipulation (a combination of weather and water that allows control over celestial elements like clouds, rain, etc.) The Blessing also comes pre-equipped with a separate transformation into a phoenix dragon-like beast with scarlet feathers that transition into golden tips, six blazing orange eyes and a black beak with matching talons, befitting of his crow-like biology. Sky Manipulation tends to be a risky (and quite difficult) thing to perform long-term since it's usually on such a wide scale and Levitation can become tiring if used for too long.

Others:
A couple fun facts about Malphas:
- If one were to pay close attention to his hair, they'd notice that it is not real hair on his human form's head, but a mass of very tiny feathers of varying lengths to make it look like hair.. which explains why it never seems to grow.. or even move much at all, for that matter.

- When Malphas is around, corvids tend to flock to his general location, never quite pinpointing his whereabouts but always letting a smart mind know the broad area he's strolling about in. This has made business pretty hard to come by, given what a murder of crows typically tends to represent.

- The two stripes on each side of his cheeks are not painted on, but completely part of his skin, even being present on his 'true' form.

- Malphas tends to enjoy keeping around all kinds of gadgets, trinkets and artifacts, so long as they're either valuable, shiny, magical or a mix of the three, befitting to his demon type. And matching to a Kotengu's attitude, one clever thinker is all it takes to potentially trick him into giving up something valuable for something worthless.

- Malphas will often use his flocks as scouts and collectors, gathering both lost currency and just about anything shiny for him to hoard like a dragon would with its mountains of treasure. He will especially use this method of gathering currency if his personal funds are close to running dry as he's most unwilling to part with any of his personal items unless he absolutely needs to do so.

- Malphas, like most if not all members of his unnamed group, is willing to do just about any job that doesn't involve performing any malicious deeds, no matter the amount of labour needed to put into it or the mess it would create. Perhaps, this may even involve a form of janitorial and/or custodial service to a certain academy?
Ooo! I love it. So detailed.

A side note: no need to worry about your demon/risen characters being too old. I have a similar thing going on with the Sages that I don't want to spoil. This guy would make one heck of a janitor. I always knew janitors were the coolest people at school, but Malphas may take the cake.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ooo! I love it. So detailed.

A side note: no need to worry about your demon/risen characters being too old. I have a similar thing going on with the Sages that I don't want to spoil. This guy would make one heck of a janitor. I always knew janitors were the coolest people at school, but Malphas may take the cake.
Much appreciated! On that note though, I'd like to add that I forgot one specific, albeit minor detail in his 'Lord of the Ashen Ones' power section (also a name change because I thought that name was lame, lol). I've explained it in his bio as an edit note as the very first line even before the spoiler. I originally had planned it to go unmentioned as I figured it'd naturally be part of being a firebender, but I thought adding a short explaination wouldn't hurt. Oh, and if this little thing should be removed due to imbalance or another reason, that'd be fine as well.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of replies atm, I got a fever and it's bad XD Got to the point where my head isn't afflicted anymore I just have a ridiculous temperature XD

Helps me get into character somewhat as one of Blitz's drawbacks is he'll overheat if he runs and uses his flames too much. I love the new additions btw! Writing up something now

=Nightshade=

Sorry for the lack of replies atm, I got a fever and it's bad XD Got to the point where my head isn't afflicted anymore I just have a ridiculous temperature XD

Helps me get into character somewhat as one of Blitz's drawbacks is he'll overheat if he runs and uses his flames too much. I love the new additions btw! Writing up something now
Sounds rough, hope you feel better soon!

Anyway my next couple posts at least will probably be more backstory and Gray’s internal conflict so please don’t feel obligated in the slightest to read them in detail if long posts without much plot/interaction aren’t your thing ^^”

Oh goodness! By all means, take a break. We won't go too far without you. Take it easy and come back when you're feeling up to it.

I stumbled upon this RP and I am quite intruigued at this premise

Already starting to think up of some character concepts, but I can't promise how often I'll post due to my summer job keeping me a good bit busy on most days

Just scouting out what's going on (I have yet to read the thread itself) and checking in if there's room for one more lel
No sweat! There's definitely room for one more if you decide to join. We all have our own schedules so we try to post when we can and not a moment sooner. Feel free to read the RP thread and see if it is something of interest to you. If you do decide to post a character, I'll look over your form before you can join in.

Sweet!

Yet to catch up on the rp, but here are my two character ideas so far.

Snake-water (sort of a water serpent angle, maybe a demon or a Risen, but I have to flesh this out more than that).

Then a character who's a year of the horse and I'm currently thinking of going the "strong and graceful, but is very subdued and shy/anxious," like how horses are in real life. Think of a gentle giant that very well might punch you if you tap them on the shoulder while standing behind them.

EDIT: Okay starting to look more into things and doing some research and I'm starting to lean into this serpent idea more (though there is a serpent character aleady..) after re-reading the opening discussion post, but now I have a question. Is the setting of this RP strictly Asia or can we make our characters be from anywhere in the world? I'm fine with anything, just wanted to ask so I have a better idea of what I can do with my character.

Last edited: