• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Winter Tournament 2014/2015 - What will it be?

What do you want the next Pokecharms tournament to be?

• VGC Doubles

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Little Cup Singles

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Other (Please specify in thread.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since we've always done things by popular vote here it's up to you guys to decide what tournament we will have to round off 2014. If you do vote in the poll please post in this thread explaining your choice - especially if you choose "Other" for obvious reasons.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Little Cup, and I shall go and join as long as we have the privelige to use Showdown , because I totally DON'T suck at EV training.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm honestly hoping for either Little Cup or VGC-style doubles, since they're both new to me and I want to try them out, though I'm more interested in VGC than Little Cup (and thus that's where my vote went in the poll). If I have a game by the time winter rolls around I should be able to join tournament if it's a wifi one, and plus, I like breeding~

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I voted for Little Cup, but any of the three sound fun. :)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just of note: If your preferred choice doesn't win this poll, it doesn't mean it won't ever be used. Odds are we'll end up holding the other options as tournaments later on in 2015 if desired, this vote will simply decide what format will wrap the year up.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Yeah Burgundy, that's what I wondered. It is taking me a stupidly long time to get around to playing Pokemon Y.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Depends on the format. VGC doubles will be on Wi-Fi, Little Cup will likely be on Showdown in this case.

I tend to decide the format long before a tournament idea is ever made public, so for every tournament you'll be given ample notice for the format.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
So far Little Cup seems to be the most popular choice by a considerable margin.

...yes, I am ignoring the people who voted and didn't post. Fuck the lot of you.

Unless a significant change occurs I think it's safe to say we'll be wrapping up 2014 with Little Cup on Pokemon Showdown.

Tailon

Gryffindork
I would like to do Smash, just for the sake of using all the experience I've been building up since it came out by playing it and literally nothing else.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I don't have Smash right now, but when I do I'd certainly like a tournament. For now, I'll go with Little Cup, purely because being able to do things via Showdown is awesome.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Smash all the way D:<

That said, I'll offer team advice and practice battles for LC, but I don't think I'll take part if that keeps the win. I probably shouldn't volunteer her without asking, but @Jeydis is pretty amazing at LC herself if anyone can pin her down for advice.

Well this was a surprise tag, I haven't talked to anyone about LC in a loooong time. I would love to give what advice I can on one of my favourite formats. I would also be really glad if we can get an LC tournament this time around. We could most likely do it over wifi as well since LC teams are much easier to get ready for competitive battling.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
If we do it over wifi, I'd request all pokemon be Kalos-born for ease of access.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
If we do it over wifi, I'd request all pokemon be Kalos-born for ease of access.

I fail to see why this would be necessary honestly.

We could most likely do it over wifi as well since LC teams are much easier to get ready for competitive battling.

I would like it to be Wi-Fi myself but if the majority wants Showdown they will get their way regardless of their reasons why.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It looks like Little Cup has just barely edged out Smash in the voting as the tournament of choice for this Christmas. Considering how popular Smash was here however it will definitely get its moment at some point in 2015.

Now the next big question. Little Cup Winter Tournament: Showdown or Wi-Fi?

I vote for Little Cup or Showdown either is cool with me but time is still going to be a huge factor in this.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the tournament has been announced and sign-ups opened already for this. So I think it's best to lock this topic now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.