• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

World of Warcraft

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumpity bump.

I see little reason to create a brand new WoW topic when most of us will probably just be repeating what we already have re: our older toons. However, now that Cataclysm is out... Cataclysm discussion gogogo!

Yea or nay to the major changes? Thoughts on the Worgen and Goblin starting areas, if not the races themselves? Etc. etc. Discuss whatever you want.

The Worgen starting area was pretty awesome. Feeling like I was actually acomplishing something as I worked through those initial missions was really sweet, and it actually kept me playing when other races failed to hold my interest. Now I'm quite enjoying my Worgen Rogue, Garall (Gorfiend), and figure I'll stick with him as my solo character. Won't be random dungeoning in order to level grind either. I'd like to explore this new Azeroth as much as I can. ^^

As for my main (Tormia)... She's been at level 63 for ages, and she's broke. 21 silver total, w00t! No Azeroth flying ability anytime soon. Hell, since the big patch I can't even afford to relearn all of my lost abilities. But that'll change soon, now that Keri can play WoW again. In the meantime I'll just sob over being unable to access my exotic pet for another 7 levels. XP

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Hit Lv.85 yesterday with my Orc Death Knight - quite pleased to say the least. Still can't get over the fact that I now have 104,000 HP, but that's new expansions for you...

The new zones are pretty cool, Vashj'ir stands out for being the first zone that's completely underwater for one...Deepholm is an odd, underground zone where you finally get to meet the Tauren Earthmother (which was considerably less awesome than I'd expected it to be because she's uglier than Deathwing,) and Twilight Highlands is...a bit glitchy. You get to see Deathwing in person several times though during quests, which is pretty cool.

Now...onto Tol Barad, to murder the Alliance...

A

Anonymous

I am loving the Death Knight lv.81 ability Outbreak [Instantly apply Blood Plague and Frost Fever to the target].Also ,Orgrimmar has gone to Hell and back and whoever whacked Garrosh with [The Ugly Stick ] ,I'm gonna decapitate them!

Tatile is level 85 and gearing for heroics at current. Xanthier's main is also 85 and, with the bonuses from Jewellcrafting and Engineering, is already in heroics.

Cata dungeons are hard D: but fun, at least. Unlike the Wrath content you now have to actually think whilst you run. It's certainly going to be interesting once we start PUG'ing the dungeons, as at the moment the pair of us are going with guild groups or with other members of Dusk.

Tatile said:
Tatile is level 85 and gearing for heroics at current. Xanthier's main is also 85 and, with the bonuses from Jewellcrafting and Engineering, is already in heroics.

Cata dungeons are hard D: but fun, at least. Unlike the Wrath content you now have to actually think whilst you run. It's certainly going to be interesting once we start PUG'ing the dungeons, as at the moment the pair of us are going with guild groups or with other members of Dusk.

I think that was a bit what they wanted with the new dungeons. The random dungeon tool should be used as a last resort in my opinion. Grouping with friends is so much more enjoyable.

Im leveling all my 80s slowly, dont have as much time as i used too.

I must say the questing is really quite fun though, much more entertaining then I thought it would be.

The quests have been vastly improved in my opinion, especially so in the lower levelling zones (after the Shattering patch I went and did a couple of the Eastern Kingdoms areas for Loremaster) and are memorable for reasons other than "moar boars!" - I did enjoy travelling in Fiona's coach in the Eastern Plaguelands, forever running after the Paladin Pals. Quest text is also more enjoyable, where NPCs may poke fun at you ("The request stated a MALE draenei priest... you're not a...") or other NPCs. Let's not forget quest mechanics for defeating Elites that would have otherwise had to group with (it partly helps to get around the phasing issue and means you won't be stuck for hours waiting for someone). Additional vehicle combat makes encounters more interesting and immersive (it actually feels like you're fighting in a small war), as well as preparing players for dungeons and/or raids where vehicle combat is necessary.

Just need people to learn to use CC better. Like, actually hitting their target and not just ignoring it. Or throwing the trap in the wrong direction.

A

Anonymous

The new quests are awesome but I think Blizz went a little overboard with the kidnappings ,the movies ,the near death experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its drama :D

Loved Deepholme, just finished all the quests there on my shaman, Stormfeather.

I wish there was a title for the earthen ring exalted, something to do with shamanism :p

I just wish my guild wasn't being lazy so I could start raiding regularly. I fought Magmaw with one of my guildmates and a group of his friends and we almost downed the giant lava worm. Raiding is extremely fun this x-pac.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
[me=Linkachu]is not getting addicted lately, srsly. [/me]

Lessee, my most notable accomplishments recently..

- My main finally hit level 70 and Northrend. I've been hunting down exotic pets recently and trying to build up money for my fast flying mount. ^^
- Started a new goblin shaman and a troll druid on Kirin Tor. Both are still low leveled, but the goblin starting area was awesome.
- Also started a guild with Keri called "Team Awesöme" on Kirin Tor (it's an inside joke). We currently have very few members, but it's pretty fun.

Since another of my close friends started playing on my realms again, I've been doing a lot more random dungeoning than I was in the past. It's fun when you're with a good team, but we've still wound up with a few assholes recently... I guess that's just how it goes. :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Went to Bastion of Twilight and managed to go from the start up to getting the final boss Cho'gall down to 30% before we called it a night. Might take a bit more to reach Nefarian.

A

Anonymous

My DK's level 83 now.
Also I was stumbling through Vash'jir and I found the most hilarious thing I ever seen
so funny I just have to post a screenshot:
WoW2011-03-0521-09-27-89.jpg

I never noticed they put a weighted Companion Cube from Portal in this game until now.
by the way ,sorry if the screenshot is too big.

King of Lucario said:
..where you finally get to meet the Tauren Earthmother (which was considerably less awesome than I'd expected it to be because she's uglier than Deathwing,)

Seriously, everything around Therazane is extremely hilarious, but its something people overlook because its not being pointed out directly.

Therazane mentions ingame that her heart got broken because adventurers killed her daughter, a tender being that was just depressed in her home cave.
princess-theredras.jpg

A picture of the beautiful daughter.

That daughter was Princess Theradras, a boss in Maraudon. This Daughter got into an affair with Zaetar, a son of Cenarius. The children they got became known as the Centaurs. Those were so disgusted by their own looks, that they killed their father in revenge (the father is a questgiver in maraudon as a ghost).

After that Theradras went back into her cave to weep for the death of her beloved one.
Days/Weeks/Months/years/centuries later, a group of random adventurers, invade Maraudon and slay Theradras for phat loot. In a pre-cataclysm event they added that her crying was the cause of Earthquakes all over the world, so that adventurers had to take care of that.

One of those adventurers is basically you, the player.

So everything that happens in the stone core, especially Therazanes hate against mortal creatures, is basically your fault.
You, the guy who later convinces her that fleshlings arent that bad at all.
For the whole time she doesnt know though that it was you, the player character, that killed her daughter.

I find the situation and whole quest line extremely funny, considering the backstory.

And to show that I havent been lazy this Addon, here is a picture of my glorious Warrior:
batuhansxel.jpg

Nefarian and Al'Akir still standing, but they will fall sooner or later.