• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your first Event Pokemon

Okay so what was your very first event Pokemon? My first event Pokemon was Keldeo in Pokemon black, I got it from EBGames/GameStop (I think that is what it is called in some country's?) my friend was with me and we both had our DS's and we went into EBGames/GameStop, me and my friend received Keldeo

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think mine may have been a Mew - specifically the My Pokémon Ranch one, back in Gen IV - which was a gift from a certain Katie (as she already had a Mew so she didn't necessarily need the Ranch one).

The first one I got from some official distribution channel was probably the Pikachu-colored Pichu - and if that doesn't, then the Shiny Legendary Beasts from the 2011 distribution.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
My first online even Pokemon was probably the online distribution of Victini in Black and White. I had just gotten a 3DS and bought White with my Christmas money, and it just so happened to line up with the event. I would always wait until the Elite 4 to use them though, since they were released at Lv. 50. Unfortunately I don't have them anymore. :(

I think the first one I went to a store to download was the first(?) Meloetta event. It felt really special going to get them myself :)

I think the first one I ever got legit was the bonus disc Jirachi for pre-ordering one of the Colosseum games? But man, when they finally started distributing pokemon over wi-fi, what a grand day that was. I remember getting into fights with people who had Mew on their RBY or GSC games and were lording it over others and badmouthing people who used a gameshark. In those days you had to have the Nintendo traveling convoy come to your town to get Mew. (No one knew about the actual, working Mew glitch in RBY until like gen 3 or 4.)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huh. I honestly can't even remember what my first non-haxed event Pokemon was (because I'd be lying to say that my first Mew was fully legit :x). It would depend on which came first, the bonus disc Jirachi that @Keleri mentioned (I abused that disc so much for years) or the Eon Ticket e-Card - assuming that Latios/Latias via Southern Island count for this question. That thing was an awesome e-Card. ♥

My first event Pokemon was a Manaphy from waaaaay back when Diamond and Pearl just came out all the way back in the September of 2007, you know, the one to promote that Pokemon movie release on DVD, the one with Manaphy? Holy crap, I can't believe that was almost a decade ago, man did the time fly by. I kinda miss the old day's of Diamond and Pearl, with the shotty Internet Connection, The Battle Tower, TM's only having one use, needing a Friend Code to battle, The Sinnoh Underground. Ahhhh, good times.

I believe it was a distribution of Shaymin for Pokemon Platinum. I never got any event Pokemon prior to Gen IV, both due to a lack of knowledge about event Pokemon beforehand and/or missing the events entirely. XP

Mine was Mew from an official nintendo event where i reached the semi-finals in Generation 1. Must have been back in 1999.

The first event Pokemon I received was a Deoxys that belonged to my friend, he had gotten it from GameStop. The first event Pokemon I received that didn't come from someone else was the 20th anniversary Celebi that's currently going on right now.

Torchic with Blazikenite, back in 2013 when XY came out. I didn't use it for my adventure since I'm not a huge fan of Blaziken.