• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Your most anticipated games for 2013

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Subject says all.

Some of the 2013 games I was looking forward to most have already released (Ni no Kuni, Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm, etc.) but there's always more. I'm sure E3 will reveal several additional games for me to get excited about but my current "most anticipated" games for 2013 are Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon X & Pokemon Y, and Rayman Legends. I must have Rayman. @.@

Several other games have my interest but I'm not sure whether I'll buy them at launch (trying to be good with my purchases). That list looks like this:
- The Wonderful 101
- Pikmin 3
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
- Tales of Xillia
- Project X Zone
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD)
- Watch Dogs
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past sequel
- Sonic: Lost World

What about you lot?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Not too many games I'm hugely looking forward to, but even some is better than none~

Fire Emblem: Awakening (Yes, it's two days away, doesn't mean I'm not still looking forward to it. ;D)
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Pokémon X/Y
Mario and Luigi's Dream Team
Next Layton, assuming one makes it to the UK this year.

Hoping the list grows a bit as the year goes on, but we shall see. ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You posted this today and didn't mention the Link To The Past sequelremakething?

Wut.

My list basically goes:

-GTA V
-Pokemon X/Y
-Watch Dogs
-Assassin's Creed IV
-Windwaker HD
-LTTP SequelRemakeThing
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-The vague hope that Prof Layton vs Phoenix Wright or Ace Attorney 5 make it out here this year.
- Ace Attorney 5 confirmed!

Demelza said:

There is a new one out here this year - but it won't make it to America until 2014. I believe it's the last of the 3DS prequel trilogy (which, aside from the crossover, is the last game in the series I think?).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor Oak said:
You posted this today and didn't mention the Link To The Past sequelremakething?

*Points at timestamp*
I posted this 3+ hours before the Nintendo Direct. :x

Add the LttP sequel (?) game to my list, assuming it's out this year! I haven't watched the Nintendo Direct stream yet and haven't seen a confirmed release date for the game either. XD

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:
Demelza said:

There is a new one out here this year - but it won't make it to America until 2014. I believe it's the last of the 3DS prequel trilogy (which, aside from the crossover, is the last game in the series I think?).

Yeah it's, sadly, meant to be the final game in the series. I'm glad we aren't having to wait until next year for it though, if the past games are anything to go by then it should be released October/November time now its confirmed. :)

Linkachu said:
Add the LttP sequel (?) game to my list, assuming it's out this year! I haven't watched the Nintendo Direct stream yet and haven't seen a confirmed release date for the game either. XD

Apparently Europe will get it in late 2013 so hopefully that's the same for the US too, unless they stated otherwise this afternoon.

But yeah... Likely should have waited until AFTER the Nintendo Direct before posting in here, considering a few more titles are on the list now:

Professor Layton
Bravely Default
Yoshi's Island 3DS
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 kinda thing

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Only two games stand out to me that I'm really looking forward to at the moment:

- Pokemon X/Y
- Rise of the Triad

Nothing else is really standing out to me right now honestly.

Off the top of my head:

-Animal Crossing: New Leaf
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon
-Bioshock Infinite (This and LM2 are already out, but I'm getting them for my birthday so I don't have them yet :p)
-Pokémon X and Y
-Inazuma Eleven 3
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
-Watch_Dogs
-Saint's Row IV
-Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
-Pikmin 3
-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

I doubt I'll get all of these, but I'm certainly hyped for all of them. I'm not sure about Pikmin 3's time limit, and Watch_Dogs and SRIV depend upon reviews.

Also some indie games:

-Apotheon
-Contrast
-Sir, you are being hunted

Finally, although it isn't a game, I'm really excited for the Oculus Rift. I can't wait to try that with TF2.

I'm hoping to get a 3DS at some point, so I can play games such as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, as well as Pokemon X & Y. There are a few others:

The Walking Dead Game(Season 2)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The Last Of Us(Maybe; I'll see what it's about first, but it looked intriguing

As you can see, I don't have much, but I have a narrow range of games I play.

I don't know why this hasn't been posted here, but I'm looking foreword to Rune Factory 4 ((FINALLY A FEMALE PROTAGIONIST)) as well as the Super Smash Bros. remake. In other news, the one game that has really made me smile this past year is Fire Emblem Awakening. In reality, a better name would have been Fire Emblem Shipping Wars. *thoughtful sigh*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I hate to break it to you, but if you think that SSB4 (which is not a remake, by the way) is going to be out any time earlier than 2015, you're gonna have a bad time.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For me it's just Pokemon X/Y and (assuming it appears through -this year-), Ace Attorney 5. Nothing else partiuclarly stands out at the moment.

Doctor Oak said:
I hate to break it to you, but if you think that SSB4 (which is not a remake, by the way) is going to be out any time earlier than 2015, you're gonna have a bad time.
Wait, I thought that Nentendo was only going to remake Smash Bros. into a 3DS verson (At least, that's what a friend told me). Hearing that it's a new game entirely just excites me further.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
DeadpanSnarker said:
Doctor Oak said:
Wait, I thought that Nentendo was only going to remake Smash Bros. into a 3DS verson (At least, that's what a friend told me). Hearing that it's a new game entirely just excites me further.
Nope. SSB4, whatever it will wind up being called, will be released on both the 3DS and the Wii U :) There's little point to an SSB remake on 3DS when they'd have to build everything again anyway - might as well get a proper sequel and have it tie into the Wii U version.

I looked up some games I was anticipating and was saddened to see some weren't coming out this year. I can wait.

There are a few that should be out this year that I'm waiting for, however:

Amnesia 2: A Machine for Pigs
Legend of Grimrock 2 (maybe? They haven't said when it'll be out, but they're not building a new engine or anything as far as I know.)
Remember Me - it'll tide me over until Cyberpunk 2070 comes out.

For me, I'm hoping SSB4 comes out this year...stretching the word "hope". But other games I'm looking foward to are:

Amnesia: Machine of Pigs
Grand Theft Auto 5
Metal Gear Solid V (which I doubt comes out this year but whatever)
Pokemon X/Y
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Watch_Dogs

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Chalk Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies up onto my list. Though now I'm going to need to get a bloody SD card to put it on.