• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

Tracy's eyes widened, and a look of shock came across her face as Zack finished his story,
"You... you... you punched..." Tracy stammered. The Ra Yellow girl closed her eyes, taking a moment to process Zack's story. Sure, Crowler had so far shown favor to only the Obelisk Blue students and had seemed to be rather hard on the Slifer students. But... calling them worthless? Would he really do that?
"Did he really call you worthless, just because you are a Slifer student?" Tracy asked Zack. From the way Zack spoke on it, it sounded like this wasn't the first time Crowler had spoken like that...

"Oh yeah. Ended my year early but I'll tell you what it was worth it~' Zack mused, as he certainly seemed to live up to his reputation as he expressed no shame in the incident. If anything, he wore it like a badge of honor, though when Tracy asked if indeed Crowler had called him worthless his proud smirk seemed to soften. If only slightly, as he shifted his gaze up at the sky and casually rested his hands over his head before a single sigh escaped his lips.

"Yeah, it's true. He called me worse really, you guys think this guy was bad before? When he was a teach he showed Slifers no mercy. But who cares what he thinks? What does the fashion disaster know anyway?" Zack asked, though as much as Zack wouldn't admit to it and had done to not let it show, there was a subtle sign that those comments from Crowler had bothered him.

Tracy's expression softened as she listened to Zack. Although his expression hadn't changed much, Tracy had heard the same type of bluster from fellow students. She was willing to bet that the comments affected Zack a bit more then he let on. After all, it was enough for him to attack a professor.
"I'm... I'm sorry..." Tracy said to Zack, resting her arms in the water. She glanced over to where Dahlia and Maya were wrestling in the water, then back to Zack. Part of her didn't want to believe it. Surely it had to be some sort of mistake. That amazing duelist she had grown up watching? But thinking back on it, Tracy could recall some instances of not-so-subtle jabs at other dorms from the Professor's classes.

"I know there's students in this school that look down on others because they're in different dorms. I've experienced some of that myself. But it must be a totally different thing coming from the faculty. They're supposed to teach and support us. It's not right that they could say things like that." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow student shook her head and let out a breath. She felt... disappointed. She supposed there was a reason people said, 'don't meet your heroes'. "Didn't the old principal do anything about it?"

Bella was speechless.

This was a cliche in every sense of the word, and deep down Bella knew even internally using that phrase seemed overused but this just was beyond words. Bella sat stupefied as she had fallen off her seat and glanced up, seeing what had been one of her trademark normal monsters now floating above the very table Goule called to the spirits from. This...this couldn't be real could it? Much as Bella considered herself an open minded person the idea of Duel Spirits being an actual thing and not just something to add to the lore of this game.

Yet here one was, starring her right in the face.

The spirit itself still had its arms crossed over its chest as the Masked HERO glanced at Bella, who seemed to feel the hair raise on the back of her neck before its gaze shifted to the out of it Lance and finally turned to Goule himself it extended a single finger in his direction.

"Was it you who called me to this world?" Dusk Crow asked, which seemed to make Bella's eyes widened.

----------
"Eh it isn't anything, I got my payback and I don't need your pity..." Zack mused, as he seemed to be a bit defensive on the subject as he worked to insist those perpetual digs and insults from Crowler meant little to him, or perhaps he simply had been too proud to be seen as someone who needed that kind of comfort. Besides, she was just being nice she hadn't known him well to mean that kind of thing to someone like him.

But as she kept talking that idea seemed to grow harder to justify as she expressed her own word of ear history of Slifer disrespect as well as how much worse it sounded from a teacher. Though when she shifted towards why the Principal before Crowler did nothing to stop this it only caused Zack to let out a dry chuckle to himself.

"Who Sheppard? Old crome dome was very hands off as a Chancellor, and by hands off I mean he did practically nothing and basically let the teachers run the asylum." Zack mused, now Sheppard was seen as a nice man by about anyone who probably had good intentions but man did he lack much of an authority to him and it made sense how he ended up being replaced all things considered.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
"How interesting..." Goule murmured to himself. "The monsters that choose to exist around these duelists share a distinct...similarity to a personality trait. Heheheh... wonder if that is a blessing or a curse..."

It was brilliant to see that his tactic had worked. However, Lance's body movements appeared to reflect that of the spirit, not dissimilar to how a puppet master would control their marionettes. Lance had now become the willing host to a rather unorthodox guest.

"...Insolence has no place here, cast these thoughts aside into the internal abyss where they belong!" Tobias demanded articulately. "One must be careful when investigating objects they have no prior involvement behind. I have an expert I can consult about this object that should know a sure way to go about it..."

Referring to the duel monster roomie back at the volcano, he was sure that they had a hand they could give them. Somehow. After all, this was it's island, surely they'd know the happenings?

Last edited:
"...Oh" Tracy said as Zack explained how the old Principal had been. Tracy remembered seeing him a few times. He had seemed nice, but Tracy didn't really remember him doing much. She had supposed that he had been busy with other things, but perhaps that wasn't the case? With Crowler, at least he was interacting with the students a bit more. Not always in a positive light, but more.
"I suppose that wouldn't have been a bad thing if Crowler was... better. I don't know about the head of the Slifer Red dorm, but the head of the Ra Yellow dorm seemed pretty nice when I met them." Tracy said.

Still, it seemed that Zach wasn't having a great time with the way this conversation was going. So Tracy tried to change it to something that Zack might be a bit more comfortable talking about. It's Duel Academy, surely people like talking about their Duel Monster cards.
"So, what type of deck do you like to use, Zack?" Tracy asked the Slifer Red student.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tobias' response to Willow's question was passionate, but expected. Jira rubbed his chin, trying to think of a way to satisfy both parties.
"Hmm..." Jira said, looking up to the rock embedded into the wall.
"Well, maybe a closer look could give us some more information? After all, the more details we can find, the more your easily your friend might be able to help us." Jira suggested. "Someone could climb on my shoulders to get a closer look at the rock."

The Duel Spirit in question seemed to glance at Goule as the student failed to provide an answer for it. Seemed to be more into talking to himself as Dusk Crow seemed to produce a current that seemed to blast by Goule while he drifted closer as there seemed to be a quiet intensity about this being. Bella herself still tried to grapple with the image of what she had been seeing though before she had a chance it seemed Dusk Crow's cap flapped in this new current as it faced Goule.

"Perhaps I was not clear, are you the one who called me here?" Duck Crow asked again as it seemed to focus its gaze upon the "conjurer" in question though before it had a chance to press its investigation Bella worked through the shock and stood behind it before she had spoken up herself.

"I-it it was me. I asked for him to try and contact...whatever I was feeling." Bella said, which naturally caused Dusk Crow to turn to face her as Bella felt a wave of nerves wash over her yet she remained standing tall as there was this bit of silent tension in the air. One that persisted, even as Dusk Crow's lips curled into a smile.

"Funny, I had been trying to do the same since you arrived on this island."
----------
"Oh my deck you say?" Zack asked as he sensed the abrupt change in topics. A desperate attempt to lighten the mood, and while he had the slight consideration to make a tease over it but in truth he had been relived of the topic change and had s a slight smirk. He glanced her way with his hands casually rested to his sides as he saw an opportunity with this.

"Well I use a custom deck really, though I prefer to show what it is than tell people about it. So what do you say, Bob, how about we duel to give a taste of it." Zack mused, as he seemed to reveal a duel disk he brought with his bag for the beach. This scenario seemed ideal, Weasel had bugged him about getting a duel with Bob, and the context allowed this challenge to feel natural so neither side would suspect something. Besides, he had wanted a duel badly since returning to the island and Bob was the one of this bunch he was most familiar with.

"No." The word rolled off Bob's tongue with ease, as if he had practiced it. "I don't have a duel disk with me and I have yet to edit my deck. If you want to duel me, the least I can do is give you a challenging duel. Gotta give you my best, y'know? It would be a disgrace to both you and my deck if I was going to duel you with this sub-optimal composition." The Ra Yellow casually floated on the surface of the water, though his mindset had shifted into duel mode. He would have to get that Jinzo from Jacques, rework his deck and demolish Zack if he wanted to stake a claim against Weasel. There was no way that he was going to start slacking now.

"If you really wanna duel me, wait here until I return." The Ra Yellow got out of the water and dried himself off, waiting to see if Zack would take his offer.

"If you want to duel, I can keep you occupied if you really have the urge!" Maya exclaimed at Zack, causing her to not pay as much attention to Dahlia as she should, giving her an opportunity to counter-attack.

--------------

"Fair enough, should've come up with that myself." Willow admitted as she dropped the pebble, before smirking. "I do really want to know what the deal with this rock is, so I'll climb up. Jira, you better have some strong legs as I will not forgive you if you let me fall." Attempting to climb onto Jira and stand on his shoulders, the Slifer Red did her best to try and take a closer look.

Dahlia wrestled with Maya, and was also slightly distracted by the sound of a possible duel starting up. Seeing an advantage in Maya's defenses, Dahlia moved in. The Obelisk Blue student slipped under Maya's arms, attempting to grab the other girl around the waist and throw her into the water.
"You should be paying attention to the duel at hand!" Dahlia exclaimed.

"Oh..." Tracy said, watching as Bob walked off. It sounded like he really was fixing to duel. Probably a good thing, perhaps a relaxing, fun duel was just what he needed. She turned her attention back to Zack. "A custom deck? You can't even give us a little hint about it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoa!" Jira exclaimed as Willow began to climb up him. He hadn't expected Willow to agree so quickly. But the Slifer Red student was quick to sturdy himself, leaning against the wall for support.
"Just be careful, okay? Still not to sure whether or not this thing is a booby trap. Just, ah, take a picture or something." Jira said, straining slightly. As Willow got close to the meteorite, the stone seemed to react to her presence and emit a faint, pulsing glow.

"What you don't stuff your duel disc with a ready made deck wherever you go? Man are you sure you are a duelist..." Zack mused with natural sarcasm as he expected as much. Most people likely didn't carry their duel discs everywhere even in this school and while taking on an unprepared Bob with an unmodified deck is probably what Weasel would desire, there is a degree of consent that has to happen for a duel to well be possible. Besides, all Wesel "requested" of him was to duel Bob, and his dueling itch so he had no complaints.

"By all means, duel or not I wasn't gonna bail on this beach time anyway." Zack mused, implying he'd be waiting though a wildcard came in as Maya seemed to offer a challenge to him which caused Zack to raise an eyebrow.

"Oh? Sure you are not too busy at the moment~" Zack mused given she seemed to be, of all things, wrestling with someone else as this group was certainly interesting if that much had to be said on that.

"No. When I come to the beach, I relax. Can you blame me? Oh, and Jacques. I have something to discuss with you, if you could follow me?" Bob beckoned Jacques over as he walked over to the Ra Yellow dorm. "I suppose there is no time like the present to duel with my heart or whatever you called it. Are you still okay with me having your Jinzo for an undetermined amount of time?" Lowering his voice to not draw attention from Zack, the Ra Yellow flexed his fingers as he hoped Jacques stayed true to his word and gave him that coveted Jinzo.

-----------

"AH! You fiend!" Maya cried out as she fell into the water, unable to remain standing. "Unfortunately for you, I activated my trap card! Tickle attack!" Reaching out to touch Dahlia's sides, Maya attempted to tickle her into submission to regain the upper hand.

--------------

"Please, have a little faith in me. I did just pull off a victory I did not deserve, after all." Willow said as she pulled out her phone and began to take pictures. "And just one more, woah!" The girl lost balance for a second, rebalancing herself by leaning on the wall, only for her hand to touch the meteor. "Uh oh."

Jacques sprung up from his spot, having been half-napping on his side, half-paying attention to everything going on; he'd heard Zack challenge Bob to a duel only to be swiftly turned down by the grouchy Bob. The aloof Ra Yellow was most disappointed, though his disappointment didn't last long. His fellow Yellow called out like someone trapped out on the ocean begging for someone to throw the lifesaver overboard.

He sprung up with a giddy look on his face, snatching up his satchel as he walked over to meet with Bob, who he could only surmise had undergone a change of heart.

"I suppose there is no time like the present to duel with my heart or whatever you called it. Are you still okay with me having your Jinzo for an undetermined amount of time?" Bob asked, speaking in a hushed tone once more. But before Bob had even finished speaking, Jacques had taken his deck from his satchel and removed the copy of Jinzo.

"I do be-queath this beau-ty to you, mis-ter Bob," Jacques said, "But I beg; let go of the wor-ry in your heart. Du-el for your love of your friends, not your fear to fail them. Yeah?"

The Ra pat his new friend reassuringly on the shoulder before turning swiftly, cupping one hand over his mouth and calling out:

"Ay, mis-ter Zack!" He yelled, giddy, "I think may-be you be have-ing your du-el now af-ter all?"

When Willow touched the meteor, there was no sinister click of a button being pressed or sounds of grinding stone as ancient mechanisms were activated. The world suddenly seemed to fade away for Willow. Suddenly, to Willow the arena appeared to be in it's prime. The stone polished and clean, and it was filled with what appeared to be various familiar Duel Monsters training for combat, with others reclining in the stands. A few of them were even Gladiator Beasts, and one of them noticed Willow. The Duel Monster waved to the Slifer Red girl.

Meanwhile, to Tobias and Jira, nothing seemed to happen.
"Uh oh? What's uh oh?!" Jira asked, straining to keep Willow up.

"...You fiend!" Tobias balled his fist. "You could have damaged the relic, more importantly yourself!"

With no response from Willow, Tobias blinked, approaching the girl. Was she...hearing him? Turning to Jira, who had allowed this stunt to happen, he gestured to her.

"She...is she alright?" He asked in a straightforward manner. "What matter of tomfoolery is this...?"

Bob accepted the Jinzo from Jacques, huffing as the French duelist gave him some unwanted advice. "I did not ask for a therapy session." Adding the monster to his deck, the Ra Yellow walked back to his dorm and edited his deck when he arrived. Removing less than optimal cards from his deck, the boy sifted through his card pile, looking for usable cards that he neglected before.

"Alright, this should be decent." Putting his deck in his duel disk, Bob looked out the window and frowned. This would be the first step to getting back at Weasel for what he did to him. Knives in the back hurt, and the Ra Yellow was sure to let Weasel figure that out. Walking back to the beach, the boy had a fire in his eyes as he activated his duel disk. "Are you ready, Zack? I'll show you the true strength of a Ra Yellow." No turning back now, the only way out was victory. Blowback Dragon floated over towards Bob and entered his deck, taking their spot in their card once again.

------------------

"Woah....."

Willow looked around the arena, impressed by the colosseum in its prime. Slowly walking forward, the girl took the scenery in as she noticed a Gladiator Beast waving at her. "Uh, hi." She said as she waved back. Where was she and why was she seeing Gladiator Beasts? "Jira? Tobias? Are you seeing this?" The girl asked, only to realize that her friends were not with her. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Letting out an offended huff, the girl made her way into the pitch. "So, what's the deal here?"

The Gladiator Beast surveyed the girl that had appeared. It was centaur in nature, adorned in blue armor with two wings sprouting from the horse's back. Gladiator Beast Equeste stuck the Battle Halberd he has holding into the dirt, flashing a smile to Willow.
"I don't know, you're the one who-"

~~~~~~~~~

"W... Willow?" Jira said, looking up at the Slifer Red student he was supporting. Suddenly, she moved as if trying to walk away. While still on top of Jira.
"Whoa!" Jira exclaimed, losing his balance. Unable to support Willow, the two students collapsed onto the ground. The moment Willow was no longer touching the meteorite, the vision of Gladiator Beasts and other duel monsters sparring in a freshly constructed arena faded. For Willow, everything was back to normal.

Willow looked at Gladiator Beast Equeste with wide eyes and took a step back. Talking monsters? This could not be real. That's when the world faded away and the older colosseum appeared, as did Jira and Tobias. Breathing heavily, the girl laid on the floor as she tried to wrap her head around what just happened. "What......what was that?" Yanking her deck from her duel disk, she rapidly sifted through her cards until she found Equeste. Did she really just see this monster talk to her? It couldn't be, that was just insanity.

"...!"

Tobias rushed toward his allies, crouching at this fallen comrades. What was that just now? Clumsiness? Yet that glossy stare of Willow's... regardless, he had to asses their condition. Scanning them up and down, only having the smallest bumps or bruises, he made sure they were in peak condition.

"Take heed of thy surroundings, friends." He stated. "And not to quench the urge of correction and eternal doubt, but one should consider the speakings of the archaeological specialist before proceeding in a endeavor as foolhardy as this venture."

With that long winded reply, he held out his hands to hoist them up. Something about this didn't sit well with him...but he didn't know what. So instead of guessing he turned to Willow.

"Tell me. Why did you not respond to my beckoning?"

Willow snapped out of her musings as Tobias talked to her, somehow not expecting the question. "Huh? Oh, I didn't hear you. I didn't hear anyone, for that matter. When I touched that rock, it was as if I was taken to a different world, a world where the colosseum was in pristine condition and in use. I didn't get to truly make out the identity of those using it before I was taken back, but they looked like gladiators and were friendly. At least, the one I interacted with seemed to be." The Slifer Red did not see the need to tell them the complete truth about the identity of these gladiators, for she could barely believe it herself. "I want to go back, I was making contact with them before I got pulled back."

Jira pulled his face out of the dirt, trying to rub the dust off his face. No whoops, sorry! No hey, are you okay? Willow just sat and started going through her cards. Cool. Tobias said something, but Jira wasn't really in the mood to try to figure out just what it was.
"Yeah, yeah, listen to the history guy when dealing with history, lesson learned." Jira said, taking Tobias' hand and letting himself get pulled to his feet. Trying to dust himself off (difficult to do when you were just lying in the dirt), Jira listened to Willow's explanation with a raised eyebrow.
"... Another world?" Jira echoed, incredulous. He stared at Willow, trying to figure out exactly what she was saying. "Wh... I... You touched the stone, and saw something?"

"...Is that to be fact...?"

Another world? Going back? What are these absurd notions? Could this relic...be related to Eatos somehow? This questioned gnawed at the back of his head, wondering if that 'rock' was in fact a part of that meteorite... it was possible.

"And you are certain that this undertaking is something you wish to partake in once again?" Tobias responded, not seeming to doubt her words, but rather concerned for her safety. "If it's true what you say, then there is no guarantee your physical or mental health won't atrophy."

"Yes." Willow stood up and steeled her resolve, shoving her deck back in her duel disk. "I am confident that I saw a different world with gladiators, and I am confident that I want to return there. If not, it is going to bug me all night and I might sneak out. I have to return, it is only polite after leaving halfway through a conversation. When I return, I will tell you all about what I saw, but I do have a question. What happened here whilst I was there? One moment I am on Jira's back, the next I am on the ground . Did a wasp harass me or something?"

The Slifer Red had discovered something that could go either incredibly great or terribly wrong, and she had no clue which route she was going down. If push came to shove though, she still had her deck to keep her safe. If she indeed saw into the world of the Gladiator Beasts, then she should be able to duel with them.

Even with Willow's explanation, Jira was having a difficult time wrapping his head around what Willow was saying.
"Well, you moved like you were trying to walk right off me, back towards the arena and away from the wall." Jira said. "You were the one that threw me off balance, I wasn't expecting you to start moving."

Jira sighed and rubbed his head.
"And a different world? Were they like, alien gladiators or something? What exactly was it that made it seem like it was a different world?" Jira asked Willow. This whole thing was... weird, and Jira wasn't quite sure what to make of it. How was this even happening? Willow seemed pretty determined that this was real... Jira turned to Tobias. "Does any of this sound familiar? Like... anything like it in history, or something?"

"Y-y-you have?" Bella asked, naturally confused by this. Were those the weird sensations she had felt since arriving on this island? This...Duel Spirit, trying to make contact with her? It all seemed to be so absurd yet here she had been speaking to one face to face so she had no reason to assume this was anything but what she had been seeing.

"Indeed, you see Bella there is a troubling presence on this island, dark forces that threaten you and all on Duel Academy." Dusk Crow confessed which caused Bella to raise an eyebrow.

"Okay uh I know we have a serial prankster on campus and all, and I plan to expose him, but I don't think it is..." Bella had began to say before a sudden chill from the dark HERO had cut her off.

"No, something far worse. A force that has already caused a disturbing imbalance between our worlds, and the worst is yet to come..." Dusk Crow clarified and this caused Bella's eyes to widen.

"W-wait, does it have to do with this "incident" I heard about on my way here? Something that happened to the school?" Bella asked, which caused Dusk Crow to nod which had not been an encouraging sign.

----------
Zack raised his eyebrow as Bob wandered over to what he presumed was the dorm, as he wondered if he legit was gonna duel here or not, either way he seemed to be quite the character and had a slight amused grin. And this reaction only grew as Bob indeed returned with a duel disc in hand as he moved in position and accepted Zack's challenge which seemed to amuse the resident bad boy of Slifer Red.

Finally, some real fun at long last!

Needless to say regardless of Weasel or other factors, he had been itching for a duel since he returned to campus. So he had been pumped! Was he gonna win? Hard to say, he had been a touch rusty due to the suspension and he had no measure of what Bob could do, but result be damned he was eager to make a first impression as he moved across from Bob and slipped on his own duel disc with a competitive smirk.

"Well color me impressed, since you went to the trouble to run and get that thing, I'll let you decide if you wish to go first or not." Zack said, sliding his deck on the duel disc which caused the system to light up.

"They....looked like Gladiator Beasts. The one I had a talk with resembled Gladiator Beast Equeste, but that just cannot be true. There is no way that they are actual gladiator beasts, it just has to be a crazy coincidence." Willow shook her head and looked at Jira. "The movement makes sense, as I did walk into the arena. That's where I met them. Do you think you could hold me if I moved again, now that you are aware of it?"

---------------

"I'll go first, I draw!" Bob exclaimed, looking at his hand. Already, Dahlia's advice was starting to run through his mind. He had multiple ways of starting, but he knew that it was better to be prepared than to rush in guns blazing. It was a slower move, which could come to bite him later against this unknown deck, but Bob had confidence in his cards. "I set one monster face down and set a card face down in my spell and trap zone. It's your turn." Alright then, show me if Weasel would be interested in you. Bob's eyes narrowed as he watched Zack, feeling confident behind his cards. After all, there was no way that he would lose turn one.

LP: 4000
Field: 1 facedown monster, 1 facedown S/T
Hand: 4 cards
GY: 0

"Alright then, my turn. Draw!" Zack called out as he draw one card from his deck and glanced, seemed he had a few options to paly with before he settled on what he wished to do first.

"I summon Darkfire Soldier #2, in Attack Mode!" Zack called out, as he placed the monster on his duel disc and soon enough what seemed to be a duel-wield samurai consumed in flames had given an intense stare to Bob and his side of the field.

Darkfire Soldier #2
FIRE/Pyro Normal Monster
1700 ATK/1100 DEF

Bob seemed to make the simple, safe opening mode, but Zack had favored a more aggressive playstyle and was eager to see the type of deck he'd be up against so he decided to make the first strike.

"I attack your face-down monster with Darkfire Solider #2! Volcanic Cross!" Zack called out, and his Pyro monster nodded before it charged with blazing speeds as it aimed to strike with two flamed swords across whatever mystery monster Bob had set.

Field: Darkfire Soldier #2, Attack Mode
Hand: 5 Cards
GY: 0 Cards

As Zack attacked, Bob smirked. All according to plan, the next turn would be the last. As Darkfire Soldier #2 attacked the facedown card, it revealed a large machine body with a gap in its abdomen, blocking the attack with its arms. "My set monster was Boot-Up Soldier Dread Dynamo, and it is too defensive to get through."

Boot-Up Soldier Dread Dynamo
ATK: 0
DEF: 2000

The soldier stood strong as Bob flexed the fingers of his free hand. So far, so good. Unless Zack had like a removal spell or a battle trick, he would take 300 damage. Not a lot, but it could end up mattering latet if something went wrong. "Continue your turn."

"In history..."

Tobias thought for a minute, closing his eyes. While the connection to Eatos was staggering, this wasn't the only connection he could tie together. He was a history expert, he was not simply limited to his recent findings.

"...A Greek exploration vessel. Obsidian colored rock surrounded with brass gears. These stones they claimed allowed them to see visions of the day yet to come. They called it a gift from their gods, a blessing from said deities."

Opening his eyes, he stared directly at Jira. It would seem that he had suspicions that Willow was indeed telling the truth, as foolhardy as that may seem at first glance.

"History reflects them as mad, or blinded. But the historical community have yet to come to a conclusion on it. Especially considering...the crash site of the vessel had never found the stone in question. As if it had disappeared from this plain of Existence altogether."

He gave a worried look to the stone, his curiosity and his caution both at war.

"But I would be wary with the next move. Those Greek explorers claimed to have seen the future...yes how is it they ended up crashed, all drowning? If you wish to continue with this Willow, you must heed this warning. For not even I have explored such unconventional historic sites."

That's when he fished inside of his coat, unfastening something previously hidden from his body. Taking them out for show, they appeared to be bronze pads with peculiar inscriptions on them. But Tobias seemed to be reattaching them to his shoulders, angling them up.

"...But if you truly wish to explore, then I of all mortals shall not impede your travels. These shall act as sturdy footholds. Would be most unfortunate if you were to fall as tragically as last expedition..."

Jira looked from Tobias to Willow. Tobias' response hadn't exactly put Jira at ease, speaking of ancient future-telling machines and shipwrecks. It certainly didn't provide an explanation of what happened. And then there was Willow saying that they were Gladiator Beasts?! Now, Willow wanted to touch the rock again, and Tobias was okay with helping her?!
"Hold on, hold on!" Jira said. "You, you said it yourself that this whole thing sounds crazy! What if it's dangerous? For all we know, that rock could be... irradiated, or something! And not the gives you superpowers good kind!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob returned to the beach, and the two students began to duel. Tracy stayed in the water, watching the duel from the ocean. Bob looked determined, but confident, starting out his move on the defensive. Then Zack did his turn, and Tracy finally got a hint as to what his deck was like. Darkfire Soldier #2? A FIRE Monster, specifically a Pyro type monster. Perhaps a mix of a burn and beatdown deck, like a few other FIRE based decks she had seen before? Darkfire Soldier was also a Normal Monster, perhaps it was a deck focused around those? Either way, Tracy was eager to see what else was in store.
"Go, Bob! You can do it!" Tracy cheered on her friend.

"An ill fate is possible for all those that seek knowledge." Tobias responded to Jira. "While I do not suggest we take this course of action, it is apparent that no matter what I say or do, Willow will attempt it regardless, just as you two did just now. The only thing I can guarantee is that it shall mitigate risk if I am here by her side throughout her journey."

It was a truth that he knew very well. When members of his gang back in the day wished to go somewhere and he advised against it, it was a 50/50 chance weather they would explore anyway. Unfortunately, this didn't mean they all came out in one piece. So he made it a point to go to these places, helping out where he could so that it there was any risk, he would be the one responsible, not the other kids.

Willow greatly reminded him of this sentiment, rambunctious, brash, yet charismatically bold. He could not simply turn his back on a now friend once they set their mind out on exploration. He did not come all the way out here to abandon a friend.

"And that, is how it shall be."

Jacques side-stepped away from the duel as it began, taking his place to the side of Bob and Zack, facing the ocean. As they activated their duel disks and drew their opening hands, the spectating Ra Yellow sat cross-legged on the sand and plopped his satchel in his lap. He pulled out his own deck, as well as some spare cards; now that his own strategy was lacking the powerful Jinzo, Jacques got to enjoy the theory-crafting behind re-structuring his strategy. The French (Canadian) Ra's eyes lit up with a hungry passion as he thumbed through his cards.

The duel itself started quite simply; a set and pass from Bob, and a probing attack from Zack. Though it might cost him a few hundred Life Points, at least the Slifer boy had a better view of what was happening on his opponent's side of the field.

As the duel started to heat up, Jacques whistled happily, wondering what secrets he might soon learn.

"If it is indeed irradiated, which I doubt, then I will simply have to live with it. Ships are safest in the harbor, but that is not their purpose. Are us humans not meant to explore? Because we explored, we went further than our ancestors could ever dream of. I, for one, am willing to take the risk. You might not like it, Jira, but I have made up my mind. If you want to stop me, you are welcome to try." Willow crossed her arms, looking at her friend before turning to Tobias. "Seeing the future is one thing, acting on it is another. It is very possible that they did not have the technology they needed to survive. Now, shall we?"

Darkfire Soldier #2's blades came down hard and slammed on the durable metallic hide of Boot-Up Soldier, who shrugged off the blow and caused damage back to Zack before the Pyro Monster was forced back.

LP: 3700

Zack himself though seemed okay with the loss as he got to see the monster and already pictured a possible deck out of this. So a machine monster huh? And Gadget support on top of that huh? Interesting...

"Not bad, seems you even got your own cheering squad. This should be fun~" Zack said with a grin as he placed a card in the spell & trap section of the duel disc.

"I'll end my turn with one card face-down." Zack declared, grinning even as he had taken damage first. Perhaps that thrill of a duel had been just what he needed to shake off the time missed off the suspension.

Field: Darkfire Soldier #2, Attack Mode, 1 face-down spell or trap card.
Hand: 4 Cards
GY: 0 Cards

"Trust me, this will not take long. My turn, I draw!" Bob looked at the card and smiled, just in case he needed a reserve. "I activate my set card, Twin Twisters!" The set card revealed itself, depicting two twisters carrying different spells and two sheep tokens. "By discarding a card from my hand, I can destroy up to two spell or trap cards on the field! I discard Electromagnetic Turtle and target your set card!" Sending the card from his hand, two powerful twisters erupted from the spell card and struck the set card, hoping to destroy it before Bob started his assault. He was blessed with a powerful hand, and he refused to let it go to waste. He'd show Zack once and for all that he was not to be messed with, his victory would be assured through the bonds between his monsters.

Field: Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo
Hand: 4
GY: 1

Zack seemed to have a slight frown at that, needless to say Twin Twisters was quite the annoying card to deal with and indeed as the two twisters struck his face-down card and destroyed it as he was forced to move Draining Shield into his graveyard which now had left his Darkfire Soldier #2 exposed.

Seems he is determined, guess I'll see what he has planned.

Field: Darkfire Soldier #2, Attack Mode
Hand: 4 Cards
GY: 1 Cards

"Knew that it would come to bite me if I did not take care of it right away. Are you ready, Zack? You are about to feel the true power of my deck! I switch Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo to attack position!" The monster stopped kneeling down and stood up straight, but with no attack points, it was not long for this earth. "I activate my spell card! Machine Duplication!" A spell card rose to the field, showing a factory that produced multiple humanoid machines that did not look too threatening with their slumped heads. "I can target one face-up machine monster I control with 500 or less attack, then I can special summon up to two cards with the same name from my deck!" Two more Dread Dynamo's hit the field and would have formed an impressive wall, had they not been in attack position.

"This will be the final nail in the coffin for you, I normal summon Silver Gadget!" A rotund monster, covered in silver armor, hit the field and began pounding on its stomach, making a drum-like sound. "When Silver Gadget is normal or special summoned, I can special summon one level 4 or lower machine monster from my hand. I choose Green Gadget!" The gadget's repeated pounding drew out Green Gadget, hitting the field in a silver ray of light before its gears began spinning rapidly. "When Green Gadget is normal or special summoned, I can add one Red Gadget from my deck to my hand." The gears attracted a Red Gadget that waved before joining the cards in Bob's hands. In one turn, Bob had gone from a single monster to five monsters on the field.

"That is not all though. Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo gains 2000 attack when a Gadget monster is on the field." All three Dread Dynamo's reared their heads and let out clanking noises as Silver Gadget produced three silver gears and fitted them into the slots in the stomachs of Dread Dynamo. Steam erupted from multiple orifices as the soldiers were now at full power.

Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo: 2000 atk, 2000 def.
Silver Gadget: 1500 atk, 1000 def.
Green Gadget: 1400 atk, 600 def.

"I'd apologize, but I do not feel sorry. Dread Dynamo, attack Darkfire Soldier #2! Dynamo Punch!" The first Dread Dynamo lumbered forwards towards the samurai, towering over it before destroying it with a mighty punch from above. "This match ends here. Go, Dread Dynamo's! Double Dynamo Punch!" The remaining soldiers followed suit before throwing powerful punches at Zack that each were worth 2000 damage.

Last edited:
Zack's eyes widened as he had not expected Bob to come out with this l kind of offensive, to summon this many monsters at once and to turn the otherwise 0 ATK Dread Dynamo into 2000 beaters caused a touch of sweat to roll down Zack's cheek. His warrior Darkfire Soldier #2 took a battle stance but it had been clear it was outclassed as its guard and swords were broken by the impact of Dread Dynamo's punch and it knocked back crashing and vanishing from the blow destroyed.

LP: 3400

Zack seemed out of options as his field had been empty, and now two Dread Dyanmos charged aiming to finish this in one turn, Zack seemed to grit his teeth as the pair prepared to finish him....before a sudden wall of fire rose as something appeared on the field!

"Don't underestimate me! If a face-up FIRE monster I control is sent to the GY by battle or an opponent's card effect, I get to special summon this guy! Come fourth...Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner!" Zack called out, as this four-armed humanoid with a sword and red skin descended on the field as it cracked knuckles on its golden gauntlets and glared at the field of machines with evil intent.

Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner
FIRE/Fairy Effect Monster
2600 ATK/200 DEF

"And that is not all! When this monster is Special Summoned this way, its effect allows me to deal burn damage equal to half the ATK of the FIRE monster sent to the graveyard. Now strike back, Scorching Recoil!" Zack called out, as one of the multi-arms of this monster began to flare up and a fireball was produced, one that aimed to do 850 LP worth of damage, and launched it right for Bob!

If you think I'll roll over and die so easily, you don't know the first thing about me!

Bob crossed his arms in front of his face as fire scorched his face, lowering his life points by 850. "So you have some bite to back up your bark, huh? Alright, fine by me. It makes this game last a while longer. I'll end my turn, you're safe for now. We'll see how long this big monster can keep you safe though, it is by no means invincible. Heed my words, Zack. I will find a way to destroy your boss monster." The truth was that he already had found a way to get rid of it, but it took a certain level of cooperation of outside forces. There were more roads that led to Rome though, and he had lifepoints to spare for him to draw into other ways to end this match.

LP: 3150
Field: Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo (atk) : 2000 atk, 2000 def.
Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo (atk) : 2000 atk, 2000 def.
Boot-Up Soldier - Dread Dynamo (atk) : 2000 atk, 2000 def.
Silver Gadget (atk) : 1500 atk, 1000 def.
Green Gadget (atk) : 1400 atk, 600 def.
Hand: 2
GY: 2

Boss monster? Oh you have no idea what that is...

Zack managed a sigh as he was able to cheat defeat for a turn, and while the hologram of Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner seemed disappointed that the monsters recalled their attacks, and now that it was his turn he focused on finding a way out of this tricky situation but how determined Bob seemed to be told him he had a desire to win beyond just competitive pride.

"My turn, draw!" Zack called out, as he checked his had and the field working over what he wished to do.

LP: 3400
Field: Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner (ATK)
Hand: 5 Cards
GY: 1 Cards

"Alright, I'll turn up the heat and summon this guy. Gorlag!" Zack called out, and another spew of fire came from the ground as the holographic effect made it look like something broke from below the surface as a red demonic looking monster appeared with a flame mane and wings as it roared across the field.

Gorlag
FIRE/Fiend Effect Monster
1000 ATK/1000 DEF

"At this moment one of its Special Effect activates. For every face-up FIRE monster on the field, this creature gains 500 ATK. Of course, since Gorlag itself is a FIRE monster it also counts, and with it and Sunburner on the field that means it gains 1000 ATK. Inferno Overdrive!" Zack called out, as Gorlag itself was consumed by fire as its body and muscle seemed to increase as did its attack power.

Gorlag
FIRE/Fiend Effect Monster
2000 ATK/1000 DEF

"Now then my turn to strike, I attack one of your Boot-Up Soldiers with Cataclysmic Scorching Sunburner, Cataclysmic Slash!" Zack called out, as the four armed Fairy gripped its fiery blade and charged, as he aimed to slash up one of the Boot-Up Soldiers with a clean strike right across the chest.

So Zack's new monster powered up for each FIRE monster on the field, good to know. Memories of Weasel's Ultimate Baseball Kid came bubbling up, causing the boy to grimace. Whilst Bob's deck had no FIRE monsters, Zack's deck was bound to be full of them and judging by the general theme of FIRE decks, this was a burn deck. This match had to be won fast, or else Zack would finish him off with cards like Sparks. God, he would hate it if he lost to Sparks.

One of the soldiers fell, lowering Bob's lifepoints to 2550. This turn would be costly, but he needed to have empty monster zones to fight back. He just had to bite the bullet and take it all.