• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy RP

"Peaceful, or cowardly. Up to one to judge I suppose." Bella said casually before she heard Weasel's question concerning the fate of the UFO Turtle as once more Bella seemed unmoved though her kind nature shinned through.

"Consider it a show of respect from one Duel Monster to another. I attack UFO Turtle with Masked HERO Blast!" Bella declared, as this time Blast seemed to open both hands out as a wind seemed to gather between them as a sphere of air was produced, before Blast for lack of better term blasted it as it shot towards the UFO Turtle looking to destroy it in one shot.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Weasel’s cat light expression returned as he grinned wildly at this attack.

“So you attack the weak despite my pleas? Not exactly a hero thing to do is it? So I’ll have say...Nahhhhh! Flip my trap card! Bye-Bye damage!”

The trap card flipped face up, three lights hovering around UFO turtle as the attack came in. Red, blue, and Green.

“Ya see, I get to take the damage, and negate the attack, but you get to take double that damage! Buh-Byeeeee!”

Suddenly, the three light sprites took the attack, swirling around it as they carried it over to Bella’s side of the field. That’s when they took the forms of three different monsters. A green, red, and blue kid of some kind. They then fired the attack right back at the sender!

Weasel’s Life Points- 2200

Last edited:
Bella's eyes widened, but there had been nothing she could do about it beyond brave for impact as she dealt damage to Weasel as the three spheres fired the force of her own attack back and having done 1500 damage to Weasel that meant she had to eat 3000 herself.

Bella: 500 Life Points.

Just like that, Bella had gone from an advantageous position to nearly OTK'd. Yet in spite of her grim life total she could not help but smile Weasel's way. "Tricky, very tricky. But well played all the same." Bella complimented, her spirit strong in spite of the circumstance.

"However, I am not done yet." Bella said as it had not been Infero's turn. "I attack UFO Turtle with Masked HERO Inferno!" Bella called out, as the flame hero seemed to ignite as flames consumed him, before he jumped in the air and aimed to deliver an inferno fist right to the chest of the space turtle.

Lance watched the duel, a smile on his face as Bella summoned more of her Masked Heroes. Heroes or villains, the poses the Masked Heroes struck were much more... dramatic, than Lance had expected. He shook his head as Bella's Masked Hero Blast rushed in with an attack. Weasel's killer cards, at least with this deck, appeared to be the backrow. And sure enough, a Trap was activated. This was going to hurt. Bye Bye Damage could be a powerful card if used in the right scenario, and sure enough this was the right scenario. But there was something unusual.

The Bye Bye damage card depicted a red child-like monster, to be sure. But the colors blue and green weren't really on that card, with blue being more of a background color. Lance adjusted his glasses. Interesting...

Even though the duel had quickly turned in Weasel's favor, Bella did not appear intimidated or unsettled by the sudden change. Good. Keeping a level head under pressure and sudden change was an admiral trait for a good duelist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tracy blinked as Raikiri managed to shake off whatever was affecting her before returning her friend's smile.
"Deck performance. I can understand that, believe me." Tracy said. With how her D.D. Deck had been performing, and then how her Penguin Deck did in the competition, Tracy was familiar with how painful it could be. But it was unusual with how Raikiri had said it. With Tracy, she had thought that if her deck wasn't performing well it meant that she wasn't performing well. Did Raikiri think the opposite?

The Ra Yellow girl thought for a moment on Raikiri's question as she walked with her friend. "Not much, to be honest. Except for the Spirit Day competiton. I don't think I saw you at Spirit Day, were you there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira winced as Willow choked down some dry toast. That looked painful. The Slifer Red was happy to hear that his friend was a fan of the kaiju movies, and was even wanting to do it again! Jira's eyes seemed to light up, and he smiled a toothy grin.
"Oh yeah, I think that'd be great! I'm sure that Tobias won't be too hard to persuade. I think he's a fan of them too, or at least thinks they're pretty interesting." Jira said.

Adjusting his backpack, he continued.
"Speaking of Tobias, I was thinking that the three of us could walk to school together. I'd be fun, ya know?" Jira suggested.

Just then, the turtle shattered into a million fragments, the flames of the masked hero replacing it’s previous position.

Weasel’s Life points- 1300

“Soooo you killed my turtle, but guess who’s gonna avenge him? He brings a monster with 1500 or less attack to the field, so give a warm welcome to Ultimate Baseball Kid!”

Out of the flames that Killed UFO Turtle, Baseball kid emerged, batting the flames away with his Baseball Hat before firmly placing it on his head.

Ultimate Baseball Kid- 500 ATK 1000 DEF.

“It has a nifty little effect. Ya see, it gets all fired up when other fire guys are here, so your little fire show? Yeah, you can bet that’s gonna fire him up!”

The baseball kid seems to grow more and more excited, a thick fiery aura surrounding him.

Ultimate Baseball Kid: 1500 ATK 1000 DEF.

“So all the attacks you done so far have either done double damage to you, or gave me a stronger monster outta the mix! Gotta be disheartening now, eh sugar?”

This has GOTTA break her spirit. She can’t even use that effect of her star hero anymore without killing herself! Heheh, if i demoralize her so much she won’t even think about raising her objections of me again!

Last edited:
Tracy's smile faded a bit when Raikiri mentioned Bix, and Tracy looked away.
"Yeah..." Tracy said. She had spent too long dwelling on what happened already, she didn't want to think about Bob's situation right now. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed at least a little bit of a break to recharge and focus. Tracy turned her attention back to Raikiri.

"Well, I guess you wouldn't have seen that I managed to get second place in the cosplay competition yesterday!" Tracy said, shifting the subject. And he wouldn't have seen that duel with the foul-mouthed AI either, quite a relief.
"But I'm sorry to hear that you were having troubles with your brother. I had no idea you had one. What dorm is he in?" Tracy asked.

Fossil Fusion? Bob had said his brother used them as well... A group that summoned fusion monsters by banishing from the grave. Very interesting. Fusion decks usually relied on summoning powerful monsters, so Tracy could understand that is would attract players the utilized that sort of strategy.
"Hey, don't let me stop you from talking! And thanks." Tracy said.

The pair continued their walk, and Tracy adjusted her backpack.
"So, any big plans for today?" Tracy asked.

I see, so that is who you are...

For a moment Bella's expression became hard to read, her head was down as the hair covered her eyes and her lips was an unexpressive frown as she seemed to think over the situation.

Weasel's deck, the cute little innocent monsters, the deceptive-themed (Even by its standards) traps and this whole idea of wanting to see her spirits break down. This told her all she needed to know about Weasel, enough to know what Dahlia had said about him was far from just a mere witness opinion.

Yet if Weasel hoped to rise doubt in the new Obelisk Blue, what he found may have surprised him.

Rather than a dispirited expression, he was met with an eager smile almost as if she enjoyed the situation even if she seemed to be so far on the losing end of it. Even more, her eyes seemed to be filled with life and energy, almost as if there was a flame inside the pupils that seemed to only grow stronger now die out even as her life points neared zero.

"Are you kidding me? I came to this school cause it was supposed to have the best of the best among the new crop of duelists. So far this is everything I could have hoped for and more!" Bella said as her tone carried the almost giddy energy she had at this as soon enough she played two cards faced down and flashed a smirk Weasel's way.

"I've only began to fight Weasel, now come on. It's your turn, show me what you can do~" Bella said as she seemed to invite the challenge from Weasel; her spirit far from shaken.

Bella:
2 cards in hand.
Masked HERO Blast, attack mode
Masked HERO Inferno, attack mode
2 face down Spell/Trap cards.

...What?

She hadn’t succumbed to her broken spirit like Tracy, Raikiri, and so many other duelists did when fighting him. Smiling through it a slightly twitching smile, he tried to keep up his feigned innocence.

“Goodness, your energetic.” He said, drawing
A card. “But let’s see how long that energy lasts till it’s all burned up! I flip summon my monster! He might not be a master, but he’s the next best thing, meet apprentice piper!”

In a burst of smoke, a small yet slightly plump kid came out, adjusting his turban before
Playing a little ditty on his flute.

Apprentice Piper: 100 ATK, 1500 DEF

“And due to his musical talents, he lets me summon something from my hand for free! So let me give you something to gawk about, ‘hero!’”

A green light shot out from his hand, a Blue and Red pair as well from the deck. Within moments, a trio of new monster appeared, filling out all his slots on the field!

“Oh...did I forget to tell you? This monster is never seen without the rest of the team. So give a warm welcome to...The Hero Kid Squad!”

Three rather mischievous looking Heros emerged. They seemed a little off compared to the card art of Hero Kid, each one looking unique. One had long curly green hair that ran down their head, another had a feisty red hair that stuck straight up, and the other had a frizzy yet smooth blue hair. Their eyes flashed open, each one matching their respective color.

Hero Kid (Fan): 300 ATK 200 DEF
Hero Kid (Lamp): 300 ATK 200 DEF
Hero Kid (Drop): 300 ATK 200 DEF

“Hehehe! Shaken up by THAT??”

So seems there is a crack to the facade after all...

Inwardly Bella had been quite pleased with the turn of events, result be damned she managed to get a read on Weasel and now knew he was prime suspect number 1 on these pranks. The fact he seemed upset that she had not folded in spite of things only served to reinforce this idea but she let nothing of what she suspected show.

For now she focused on the duel, and it seemed Weasel was quick to make plays as before long he had an entire board in hand.

Apprentice Piper made for a good combo with monsters that had additional special summon conditions, and it showed as shockingly a trio of Hero Kids arrived. The eternal compliments to the HERO archetype though now they funny had been on opposite ends which was enough to make Bella chuckle at the irony.

"Funny the guy all about peace has corrupted the youth to fight against their fellow HERO. Irony huh~?" Bella mused as she had found humor even if she recognized the threat a full board presented to her. Though the monster attributes seemed to raise an eyebrow.

Based on Baseball Kid and the previous UFO Turtle, I figured he used a deck of FIRE monsters to beef him up. Yet the piper and the Hero Kids don't fit that. If I had to guess, this has to be tribute fodder since right now no monster he has can go over even Inferno.

Bella watched to see what Weasel would do next seemingly unable to interact with the plays thus far.

Great, he was one of those Slifer Reds. Mad at the world and themselves, but lashing out at others because someone had to be lashed out at. Bob was already regretting bumping into this guy, but he didn't want to anger any other Slifers today. Yeah, Weasel was an Obelisk now but he would always be a Slifer in his mind. "My name is Bob Lerdwich, first year Ra. Who are you?" It was an innocent question, but an important one for Bob. Should Weasel twist the knife in his back a bit, he atleast had a Slifer to dump it all on should things go belly up. It was far from fair, but nothing was fair when Weasel was involved.

--------------

Willow cracked a grin. "I'm down to get him. He seemed nice enough, though that sword of his is just a tad concerning. Speaking of swords, I had this idea last night. Right now, my plan is simply to graduate in the highest dorm I can manage, but I never knew what to do after that. At about 10 PM, inspiration struck me. I'm gonna establish a Duel Colosseum where people can duel each other like in ancient Roman times. At the end, the victor of the tournament gets to duel the emperor or empress. Whaddaya say?" It was an ambitious goal, she knew that, but it would be a waste to not do anything with her obsession about Ancient Rome.

“You know what they say, Peace is just the absence of war. And I’m about to show you the meaning of it...in kid form! I activate a spell card from my hand, level limit area B!”

A large stage erupted from the ground, techno lights flashing to and fro on it like a performance was about to begin. Hero kids, piper, and Baseball Kid all took to the stage, as the limelight seemed to leave the other monsters in the dark.

“Ya see, this concert is a Kids only event, meaning no adults allowed! So your yesterday’s news hero’s can just shift into defense, cause that’s all they can do! Step into my Kids world!”

Hero Kid Lamp grabbed an electric Guitar, giving it a loud rift as a wave of sound rushed to the enemy side of the field, trying to make them hold their ears and switch to defense.

Tracy took the piece of paper, looking over the number before entering it into her phone.
"Yeah, that sounds like fun." Tracy said. The Ra Yellow student quickly sent Raikiri a text with her name before putting the device back in her pocket and turning her attention back to Raikiri. "So how have classes been going for you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira listened to Willow's idea, his smile growing as his friend described her idea.
"Holy cow! That sounds really awesome!" Jira said. The Slifer Red thought for a moment. "That does sound like a lot of fun, kind of like an outdoor version of the duel arena with no crazy AI to cause complications. Who would be the emperor and empress?"

While he was speaking, Jira pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Tobias.
Wanna walk to school together w/me and Willow? The text read.

"Well that's just rude, we may be HEROs but that doesn't mean we're that dull..." Bella said with a touch of cheekiness to her tone even as she seemed to get Weasel's play which had not spelt good news for her.

The electric soundwaves shot to both Blast and Inferno alike as the two Masked HEROs were forced on the defensive, as they both fell to a knee and raised a defensive guard while Bella had to adjust their position in kind on the duel disc.

Masked HERO Blast: 1800 DEF/2200 ATK
Masked HERO Inferno: 1000 DEF/1600 ATK

---------
Zack seemed to scoff at the pleasant introductions, but hey least he got some info on the guy as he had his hands in his pocket before he figured he'd answer him in kind. "You can call me Zack, second year Slifer Red. Though due to...circumstances, really this is more the second half of my fist year." Zack mused though had not gone into detail about what he had meant by that comment as he eyed the Ra Yellow up and down.

"So you one of the new guys this yeah huh? Heard some interesting things about this rookie crop." Zack said as least his temper seemed to have cooled.

“Hehe, we’ll see if they are so drab after this! Cause if you haven’t noticed, your masked inferno guy you got there now is vulnerable to a little kid here of my own! Cheer on baseball kid, cause this’ll be the last we see of inferno! Heated Homerun!!”

The defensive Hero Kids broke formation, as one of them, fan, flew in front of the baseball kid, touching down to play pitcher. Putting his leg up on the air, he dropped it down as he thrust the ball at the kid. Baseball Kid then swung the baseball, catching it ablaze as it came crashing toward inferno.

In perhaps not the most dignified position he had ever been in, Inferno had to only watch as the Ultimate Baseball Kid hit a grand slam on his face as the masked hero cried out in agony before he vanished having been destroyed by the magnified blow of his fiery bat.

"Sorry, but I won't let it be in vain. I activate my trap Hero Signal!" Bella called out as she revealed her trap as a spotlight seemed to shine showing a large "H" in the sky in response to the destruction of Masked HERO Inferno.

"When a monster I control is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, I am allowed to special summon 1 level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" from my Hand or Deck." Bella explained, as she sent Masked HERO Inferno to the Graveyard and quickly pulled out her deck knowing what card she intended to summon.

"So join the fight, Elemental HERO Shadow Mist!" Bella called out, as from the signal in the sky a dark figure seemed to descend down. A womanly figure in black armor with long blue hair flowing as she landed down in a kneeled position with her arms raised in a crossed having been Special Summoned in Defense Position.

Elemental HERO Shadow Mist: 1500 DEF/1000 ATK.

"At this time, I activate one of Shadow Mist's effects. When she is Special Summoned to the field, I can take one "Change" card from my deck and add it to my hand." Bella explained, as she pulled a card out from her deck and added it to her hand, before she shuffled her deck and placed it back in her duel disc.

Weasel got a smug look on his face, not seeming worried in the slightest. pointing toward his facedown card, he confidently held his ground.

“Don’t think that’ll save you! I’m going to activate my trap card, Three of a kind! When I have three of the same monsters, I can destroy three cards you control! So I choose...everything! Bwhahahaha!!!!”

Letting his more chaotic side go for those to see, he let the three hero kids fly up in the air. Fan was the highest, pointing his hands down in an upsidedown ‘V’. Lamp and Drop pointed inwards, creating their own V’s to point at the other two. All together they made a perfect triangle formation. A sling of energy channels between them, linking between all three heroes.

“Now, Triple Threat: Multicolored Madness!!”

They all snickered at the same time, releasing a torrent of Red, Blue, and Green colored lightning, ripping and zapping all toward Bella’s side of the field. While the Heros did remain in defense position, the entire field of Bella’s would be wiped, leaving her completely exposed for Piper’s attack!

Weasel’s Cards in hand: 2

"Oh, classes? The usual," Raikiri said, pondering. "Nothing really out of the ordinary. I've got decent enough grades to stay in Ra, so I don't think classes will be a problem. Man, I really wish something interesting would happen around here without the part with me going into a coma for three days or having one of my cards stolen. Sheesh..."
Raikiri looked towards the sky. "Anyway, enough about me. How have you been recently?"

As the three kids prepared to open fire on the cards on Bella's field, a grim reality seemed to set that soon she'd be cleared and with only 500 life points left she'd be sure to lose upon the next attack.

However, before the blast could fire, a sudden golden mask shinned and planted itself on Masked HERO Blast as it seemed Bella had one more trick up her sleeve.

"Don't underestimate the heart of a Masked HERO, I activate the Quirk Play Spell Form Change!" Bella called out as the source of the golden mask in Bella's spell card revealed itself to Weasel as the figure Masked HERO Blast began to shine in a bright golden glow before all on the field.

"I am allowed to send a Masked HERO fusion I control back to the Extra Deck, and in turn I can Special Summon another Masked HERO from my Extra Deck in its place of a different attribute. I choose Masked HERO Vapor!" Bella called out, as the WIND hero was no more as she sent it to the Extra Deck before a new figure appeared out of the light. A masked figure in blue who seemed to have a fish-like attire and carried with him a spear in place as he stood defiant in the ring.

Masked HERO Vapor: 2400 ATK/2000 DEF.

"Naturally you can select this new hero as a target of your trap if you wish, but Vapor's special ability means he cannot be destroyed by card effects. You cannot clear me so easily!" Bella said with a smirk, as indeed her Form Change faded and soon Elemental HERO Shadow Mist was sent to the Graveyard. All that stood was her new fused Masked HERO.

“...!!!”

The multicolored attacked ravaged Bella’s side of the field...all except one pesky hero. The lighting ricocheted off him, being deflected, parried, before eventually the attack went it’s course, losing energy. The Hero Kids looked baffled, turning to each other in surprise.

Put yourself back together Weasel, she is still losing! Snapping out of it, he regained the grin on his face.

“Well, that was some trick of yours. But don’t think that’ll be enough! Level limit prevents you from doing anything to me! And to make sure you don’t pull anything funny, I’m slapping down messenger of peace again just to make sure!”

Ending his turn with the facedown, Weasel gave a bead of sweat through his grin. She’s got a trick or two. But even the smallest attack can end her at any time! I’ve got this in the bag!

Weasel- 1500 Life Points
1 card in hand
Hero Kid (Fan)
Hero Kid (Lamp)
Hero Kid (Drop)
Apprentice Piper
Ultimate Baseball Kid
Area limit level B
Messenger of Peace

"Sound a touch nervous Weasel. If I didn't know any better one would say you're the one at 500 life points right now." Bella mused, as she seemed to notice the subtle cracks to Weasel's kiddy "innocent" persona as she and her Masked HERO remained standing in spite of the rest of her field being cleared out. And indeed, due to Weasel's spell card Masked HERO Vapor was forced to a knee as it took a defense with his spear at the guard.

Masked HERO Vapor: 2000 DEF/2400 ATK.

"You have me on the edge Weasel, but so long as I have even one life point this duel is far from over. Now then, it is my turn..." Bella mused as she drew her card and scanned her hand along with her field position.

Bella: 500 Life Points
4 Cards in hand
Masked HERO Vapor, defense mode

Soon enough, she seemed to have decided her move. Shadow Mist maybe gone, but her arrival sparked Bella's fighting chance and she was not gonna waste it.

"From my hand I activate the Magic Card Masked Change II!" Bella called out, as once more a golden mask seemed to shine and once more planted itself on the mask of her Masked HERO, this time Masked HERO Vapor as a golden allure shinned on the field once more.

"By discarding one card from my hand, I can target one face-up monster I control and send it to the Graveyard. I am then allowed to Special Summon 1 "Masked HERO" monster from my Extra Deck with the same attribute but at a higher level. So come fourth, Masked HERO Acid!" Bella called out as she sent Masked HERO Bassols from her hand to the Graveyard, and as once more her Masked HERO was no more, as she sent her fusion monster to the Graveyard, before a new figure was placed on her duel disc and emerged out of the blinding light.

A figure in dark blue & black soon revealed himself in hand, the masked warrior seemed to change out a spear for what seemed to be a blaster as a red vest shinned before he stood tall on the field in the face of Weasel's field.

Masked HERO Acid: 2600 ATK/2100 DEF.

"I now activate the effect of Masked HERO Acid! When he is Special Summoned, I destroy as many Spells & Traps as my opponent controls as possible. And all monsters on your field lose 300 ATK. Now go, Acid Raid!" Bella called out, as Masked HERO Acid spun his gun in the air before he fired successive shots as the blasts rained down to Weasel's backrow with the intent to wipe all of it out at once.

The acid that the masked hero shot out melted the stage down, the lights dimming as well as destroying messenger of peace in one blow! But before he could finish his move, Hero Kid Lamp gave one final rift on his guitar before the show was rained out, his guitar melting in his grasp. This would at least shift elemental hero Acid to defense position.

The pint sized monster all braced as the rain of acid pelted them, wincing as their attacks dropped to rock bottom.

Hero Kid (Fan): 0 ATK 300 DEF
Hero Kid (Lamp): 0 ATK 300 DEF
Hero Kid (Drop): 0 ATK 300 DEF
Apprentice Piper: 0 ATK 1500 DEF
Ultimate Baseball Kid: 200 ATK 1000 DEF

“You say that all confident like...but we both know I could sneeze on you and take you out just like that!”

Seeming a little defensive in his words, he couldn’t help but be on the fence on this duel. No one had taken out both of his combos for this deck before. Both of which were game Enders. He’d had to try something new. That last level limit burst would only buy him a short time.

Bella sighed in relief, this duel thus far had given her scare after scare as she was pushed to the bring multiple times but managed to find a way to stay alive and now has weakened his field and removed his backrow. Her monster would be forced to defense mode but that sacrifice was worth it as Acid spun his gun around and attempt to blow on it like a cowboy blows smoke out of their gun before realized he had a mask on as he shrugged and moved to his knee in defense mode with his blaster in hand.

Masked HERO Acid: 2100 DEF/2600 ATK

Bella listened to Weasel's comment, and she sensed a degree of defensiveness as Bella could not help but frown. In spite of everything, he really was an exceptional duelist but it seemed a shame that his character was not as reflective of his skill.

"You can, but you haven't. Not yet anyway. Now then I still have a normal summon this turn, so I summon Masked HERO Gust." Bella called out, as she placed her second copy of Masked HERO Gust as a current of wind shot out on the field before the green figure with twin red slashes stood as the youthful man had an eager grin on his face as he seemed to have a bounce to his step.

Masked HERO Gust: 1500 ATK/1600 DEF.

Seeing an opening, Bella aimed to strike swiftly.

"I attack Apprentice Piper with Masked HERO Gust!" Bella called out, which given Piper's ATK had been reduced to 0 and Gust had 1500 ATK which now threatened to finish the duel, as Gust began to build a wind of current as the young hero assumed a sprinter stance before he shot out like a current; his foot extended as he aimed to deliver a Gliding Gust Shoot and stomp the chest of the Apprentice Piper.

As Masked HERO gust rushed toward the Piper, the apathetic musician just gave a sigh, knowing EXACTLY how this part of the story was going to end. He shattered into a million pieces after his chest was kicked in by the air themed character, the force of the blow seeming to have Weasel stumble back and land on his butt.

Weasel’s Life Points: 0

Weasel blinked, not quite registering what had happened. Had he lost? That was new. He hadn’t lost a match before. As if writing a new program on a hard drive, his mind was trying to find some solution to this.

“Well. That was different.” He said, not quite in or out of character.

As the dueling holograms faded, the Hero Kids seemed to throw tantrums, stomping on the ground, crying, and shaking their fists respectively all while they began to fade away. Weasel finally came to his sense, shaking his head and getting back up.

“Gotta hand it to ya chick, no one had the balls to get that far before.”

"I'm not quite sure yet. I've been playing around with the idea of being the first Empress and whoever beats me becomes the new Emperor or Empress. It can be like a small plaque with the title and I stay in position of Empress, or they take over and have to defend their title whenever a challenger makes it that far. I've got plenty of kinks to work out, but I'm still young. I've got time to think it all through, time to gather finances to begin the project and time to find a suitable location. Of course, Rome would be my location of choice, but building there is expensive as anything. Who knows? Maybe you'll be Emperor one day, though you gotta beat my Gladiator Beasts first for that. Think you're up to the challenge?" Willow grinned at Jira, hoping to rile him up enough to incite a duel one day. After her win yesterday, her blood was boiling with the will to duel and what better target than giant Kaiju? Plus Jira probably wanted to get revenge from when Heraklinos destroyed Dogoran, and who was she to deny his wishes?

--------------------

Bob scratched the back of his neck. "Yeahhh, it's been a busy year so far. Especially with all the pranks going around. Crowler got assaulted by glitter, someone spiked the soup with laxatives, someone stole the clothes from everyone in the Hot Springs and got them to riot, the AI of the arena for Spirit Day got hacked into and constantly cursed whenever something happened and there's been two raids on the school from unknown sources. The fact that Crowler is principal after the second raid does not help soothe the nerves of most students save for the Obelisks. So yeah, it's been event after event after event. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the Slifer Dorm just gets abolished and the Slifer students get sent home. This is Crowler we're talking about after all, and it's no secret he hates Slifers." The Ra Yellow decided to almost fully inform the kid, mostly because he wanted him to be aware of the shenanigans that Weasel pulled in his absence. That and the fact that a Slifer got informed about Crowler's principalship was bound to help him earn some brownie points with him.

Tracy scratched her cheek nervously. Raikiri had a card stolen, and had been knocked unconscious? That sounded... well, that sounded scarily similar to what had happened to her. Were their other victims like her?
"I'm... I'm sorry to hear that." Tracy said. "Uh... to be honest, things have been a little rough for me too."
Tracy paused. She didn't really want to get into the fact her deck had been stolen...
"Classes have been a little rough for me lately, to be honest. I've been on the edge of falling into Slifer Red ever since I started here." Tracy said. "Pair that with what's happened lately... and I might end up going down a dorm soon. But it's not been all bad. I've made a few good friends since I got here. Although there's quite a few jerks that go to this school, there's a lot of good people as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lance watched the duel, noting the various monsters that were being summoned. Those Masked Heroes were very powerful, and it was uncommon to see a group of monsters that would be able to counter his own deck so well. Masked Hero Acid acting as a Harpy's Feather Duster, Masked Hero Vapor unable to be destroyed by effect, Masked Hero Blast being able to remove spells and traps... it would be enough to give himself a run for his money, to be certain.

Lance applauded politely as the duel came to a close, approaching the pair.
"Well, that was a rather exciting duel." Lance said, adjusting his glasses. "Weasel, well done with maintaining card advantage. It was very impressive how you were able to swarm the field so quickly and use your cards in play to your advantage. Bella, congratulations on the win. Your quick thinking and determination under pressure helped you pull through."

Lance turned his attention back to Weasel.
"Congratulations on your sudden rise to Blue, by the way. That's got to be the quickest I've ever seen, but it's definitely deserving of a duelist of your skill." Lance said to Weasel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow, you've really been thinking about this, huh?" Jira said. The Slifer Red returned Willow's grin. "Oh yeah, you bet I'm gonna be gunning for that throne. You may have beat my Kaiju once, but you should know by now that there's a sequel in the works. One with an even bigger and badder monster!"
Jira's smile showed off his pointed teeth, and for a moment Jira was fully playing the role of the rival duelist. But the energy quickly went out of him.
"That sounds like a lot of fun, let me know if there's anything I could do to help. Tobias would probably be interested in it to, he's a pretty big history nerd." Jira said.

The pair continued on their way to the Ra Yellow dorm.

“Hmmm...”

Tobias emerged from his makeshift ‘house’, a different use for his costume in the festival a day prior. He had slept next to the meteor, making sure personally that not a soul set foot near it. Taking a quick glance to see if it or Eatos were safe, he made his was out of the secret corridor, heading toward the school.

“How curious, this entire dilemma. Even more curious...the implications of the predicament.”

The many questions of this naturally where: Where did this meteorite come from? Are there more? Is it radioactive? Does it contain some power over the land of the living as well as the dead? All these questions have yet to be answered, and for the time being, he didn’t foresee them being answered.

In the meantime, he shifted his mentality for the academy, as building came into view. Along with it, the sight of two students: Jira and Willow. They were becoming friends in a hurry. Tobias closed his eyes, emerging from the treeline behind them. Without making a sound, he closed the distance until he was directly behind them.

“Greetings.”

"I mean, what else are you going to do at 10 PM on a school night? Sleep? That's for sensible people. Why sleep when you can come up with grand future plans? I just gotta be careful that you don't tribute Heraklinos for a Kaiju, since I can't block that at all. But can I really call myself a good duelist if I am not aware of weaknesses in my deck and am unable to counter it? That's gotta be a no from me." As Willow went on and on about her idea, she didn't notice that Tobias caught up on them and she jumped. "Tobias! Again? Make some noise next time please, that way I don't jump whenever you show up. If I was holding like coffee, there was a good chance that someone would get burned. That's an issue for later though, how've you been?"

"Jerks? Yeah, I can name a few. Really, who do they let into this school these days? It's as if they're trying to kill our reputation. Really. It's alright if you drop a dorm, a lot of people do. This school can be pretty hard sometimes. But do try to do what you can." He then stopped walking. "I swear, you're probably one of the only good people I've met here. Please, if there's anything I can do to help you..." Raikiri went silent for a second. "If there's anything, anything I can do to help you, let me know."

Tracy paused with Raikiri. For a moment, she almost considered explaining everything that was happening with Bob. Tracy opened her mouth to speak... then decided against it. Raikiri seemed nice enough, but from what Tracy could recall, he was rather prone to acting rashly. What she and Bob needed now was to act subtly. Tracy gave Raikiri a soft smile.
"Thanks, Raikiri. You're pretty good yourself." Tracy said. "If I need your help, I'll be sure to let you know."

The Ra Yellow continued to walk in silence before speaking again.
"You said you've been having trouble with your deck lately? What kind of trouble?" Tracy asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jira jumped as well at the sudden appearance of Tobias, but he just smiled and turned to his friend. Tobias always had a knack for getting the drop on people. Maybe Jira should try walking more quietly, see if he could replicate how his friend did it. Or maybe he just needed to pay more attention to his surroundings.
"Hey, Tobias. We were just coming to get you." Jira said to the Ra Yellow.

"I think the main problem is that I don't feel anything about my deck. It works like normal, but I just don't feel right using it. Kinda hard to explain. The thing is, I've changed decks so many times I'm starting to wonder if dueling is even for me." Raikiri sighed. "That kind of thing is hard to think about. A while ago, I was wondering why I wasn't an Obelisk. Now, I can't think of any reason why I should even be a Slifer."

As the attack landed and Weasel's light points hit zero, Bella felt that sensation that only winning a duel could provide as her smile grew and she seemed quite pleased with herself. The same could be said of Masked HERO Gust who flashed a thumbs up to which even the older Masked HERO Acid seemed to acknowledge with a nod before both faded along with all the other holograms.

Winner: Bella

"Seems I opened up my Duel Academy experience the right way, if you could see me I hope you'd be proud..." Bella said to herself, and seemingly no one in particular before her eyes focused on Weasel as the latter seemed to have a hard time processing what happened.

Seems this had either been a new feeling for him, or he had yet to learn how to handle the emotions of defeat in a close duel.

Regardless of that and how Bella may have felt about Weasel as a person from this character-revealing encounter, she still moved over to him as she nodded committed to showing proper sportsmanship. "I gotta say, for my debut duel here at the Academy I could not have asked for better of someone to really test me right out of the gate. A splendid duel." Bella said with a smile to Weasel as she seemed to mean each word spoken. Lance then came to congratulate the two and even commented on Weasel's fast rise to Obelisk Blue which caused Bella's eyes to widen.

Wait he's actually been made Obelisk Blue?

----------
Indeed this info was actually quite useful to Zack, as he had been brought up to speed of a number of curious events. Seemed those rumors of "attacks" on the school had not been mere rumor, which to a degree Zack thought offered some excitement around here. Though when mentioned of Crowler's new standing Zack for a moment felt a sweat drop roll down the back of his head as his face seemed to pale slightly.

"T-time out here, you are saying that these idiots actually put that biased crossdresser in charge of the whole school?" Zack asked, which given how he got suspended already seemed to put him at the bottom of the totem pole here even below the dirty the worms had made their home as he looked to make sure this guy was not just screwing around with him.

“It’s nothing, really.”

Weasel responded to Lance dismissively, his cutesy demeanor all but absent. What remained was Weasel’s true personality, only thinly veiled behind a paper thin tarp. A short duelist walked closer to Bella, his face showing a twisted interest, perhaps one that a child would make when they were ready to burn ants with a magnifying glass.

“Say, that was a veeeerrry interesting display, and I don’t mean the match.” Weasel spoke. Before passing her, stopping right beside her ear. “We will be working closely from now on, partner.”

With that, he walked off. Where was he going? No one could say. But it was obvious to tell he had some sort of plan. Weasel chuckled to himself. Oh you bitch. Next time we fight I will show my true colors, and then you’ll be skewered!

*beep beep*

Fishing his phone from his pocket, he read the text he received. It was a mystery number, but he knew exactly who it was from.

???: And your sure this is definitely the target? We can’t afford screw ups.

Looking back once at Bella in the distance, his cat like grin returned, stretching across his face like some sorts of parasite. He quickly texted back.

Weasel The Kid: Positive.

“I have been without trouble or folly, which is substantial to say judging the school as of late.” Tobias responded. “...Is there a task or objective you needed me for to achieve? You said you requested my audience.”

The pair Willow and Jira sure had become chummy in such a short time. He had begun to wonder if Jira’s superpower was connecting to others. From gladiator toting women total seclusionist such as himself, could she truly be friends with everyone?

Crowler perked up, seemingly offended by nothing in particular. It’s like he had a sixth sense for when someone was bad mouthing him. A man in a suit and tie walked in his office, a notepad and pencil in hand.

“Ah, Mr. Doctor Crowler-“

“Principle!”

“...Principal Doctor Crowler. I’m here to discuss the opening in the strategy dynamic class and would be filling it.”

“Who else? I am but the PERFECT choice!”

“Uhm...” he rubbed the back of his head. “Aren’t you busy with paperwork and being in the principle’s chair? Surely you can’t balance-“

“But BUT NOTHING! If ANYONE is to teach this depressing next generation, there is no other better than I, Vellian Crowler! After all, Class and elegance such as mine doesn’t come with just genetics! Haahhaaa~”

“Ooof...sure...”

“WHAT WAS THAT?!?”

“I mean! Of course! Doctor-“

“PRINCIPLE! PRINCIPLE!!!”

"I wish I could tell you that I was joking, but it's the truth. Crowler's in charge now and he's bound to make things a mess for anyone who's insulting him or not an Obelisk Blue. I ain't a fan of it either, trust me." Bob scowled before rolling his shoulders. "The details are a bit fuzzy, but Crowler took over right after the second invasion. Can't say life's gotten better, especially not when he got his own private detective to find any specks of dirt he can get on students. Be very careful around Obelisks, especially if you're a Slifer Red or are on his personal shit list." The Ra Yellow informed the boy before flexing his fingers. "Unless you have some crazy luck manipulating powers, I wouldn't risk it. And that's coming from someone who doesn't mind to gamble every once in a while. Crowler will gut you faster than you can say 'It's not my fault' or something."

---------------

"Right, we were gonna ask you if you wanted to tag along on our way to class. It'd be fun. Oh, and I'd like your opinion on something. According to Jira, you know a lot about history. What are your thoughts about a colosseum where people can duel before facing the emperor or empress? It's something I came up with last night and it sounded fun to me, but it's probably not gonna be built for like another ten years. I don't know if Ancient Rome is your forté, but I'd like to atleast hear your opinion on it before I set my sights on an unobtainable goal and spend the majority of my life in crippling debt." Willow informed Tobias as she flashed a grin at the Ra Yellow.