• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Yugioh GX: Hard Loss

Tracy ran through the forest. She frantically pushed through the undergrowth, shoving aside branches and plants until the sounds of monsters roaring and people battling faded into the distance. Gasping for breath, she fell to her hands and knees on the bank of a small stream. How could something like this happen, yet again? The student took a moment to breath, gasping for breath as she laid against a tree trunk. Her school uniform was torn and dirty from her flight through the forest.

The North Duel Academy. One of the four dueling schools, where the world's best and brightest duelist went to hone their skills and enter the pro dueling arena. Tracy had high hopes when she joined. Her dueling prowess in the entrance exam earned her a place in the Ra Yellow dorm, the highest a first year student could achieve on entrance if they hadn't attended an intermediary dueling academy. But then her first day had started. She had made the mistake of challenging an older student to a duel, a member of the Obelisk Blue dorm. The most skilled and elite duelists at the academy. He had seemed nice when they were talking, but it was quickly revealed to have been a falsehood. And Tracy had been soundly defeated.

That first day seemed to be a prophecy for her time here at Duel Academy. Ace the tests, lose the duels. And not just against the elite Obelisk Blue students, or her fellow Ra Yellow dormmates. But even losing to Slifer Red students, students that were seen to have the lowest dueling skill. Then came the day of the exams. As to be expected, Tracy had done very well. But what happened after, no one could have expected.

Suddenly, the island of the Duel Academy was overrun. Strange cloaked raiders, appearing from nowhere, began to rampage about. They forced students into duels, and then began to take students that lost to them captive. But just as soon as they had appeared, they vanished.

That had been weeks ago.

Today had started as a special day. The day of the Tag Team Duel tournament. Tracy had decided to try her luck, teaming up with another Ra Yellow student. Surely, working together with another student, she would be able to work up a victory?

In reality, what had resulted was an incredibly embarrassing first round knockout. Tracy and her teammate had gone against another Ra Yellow, who had teamed up with a Slifer Red student. Both her and her partner had been helpless as their opponents thoroughly trounced them, in front of the entire school. Just another loss to add to her track record.

Tracy had gone back into the seating area, watching as the other duelists continued onward in the tournament. Then, just before the finals started...

The raiders attacked again.

The first time the raiders had attacked, Tracy had tried to fight back. But the raider she had dueled against was just too good, and she had been captured. Tracy had no intention on letting that happen again. So instead of standing her ground and dueling, she ran into the forest. She had been lucky enough last time, that the raiders retreated before they could do anything to their captives. This time, she might not be so lucky.

Tracy splashed some water from the stream onto her face. What was she doing? She couldn't just stay out here in the woods forever. Who knew how long the raiders were going to be here. She had to form a plan. Heading back to the school was a no go. Back to the dorms would be a bad idea too, likely the next place the raiders would go after the school. But maybe not all of the dorms... There was the abandoned Obelisk Blue dorm. Students weren't allowed to go there, so perhaps the raiders would overlook it as well. Tracy wasn't one for breaking the rules, but these were dire circumstances.

"Help! Someone, help!" A voice cried out from deeper in the forest. Tracy froze. It sounded like another girl! Could it be a raider? They had mostly been older. "Please, someone help me!"
Tracy swallowed nervously. Fear told her to ignore the pleas for help, to keep hidden. But what if it really was someone that needed help? Or another student that had gotten hurt?

Tracy crossed the stream, heading towards the voice.
"Is anyone there?! H-hello?!" The voice called out. The student pushed through the undergrowth, emerging into a small clearing. In the center, a long abandoned well stood. But no person. It had sounded like the voice had been coming from the clearing.
"H... Hey! Is someone there?" Tracy called out.

"Whoa!" Across the clearing, there was a blur of grey. A girl hung upside down by her knees, smiling at Tracy. She wore a grey hooded cloak, and long pink hair spilled off her head. Her face was carefully manicured in makeup, perhaps just a little too much. "Huh, it worked. I can't believe someone fell for the old 'help me' trick!"

The girl dropped out of the tree, landing on her feet and clasping her hands behind her back. She was shorter than Tracy, but Tracy could see the duel disk on her arm.
"You're-"
"One of them? Yep!" The pink haired girl said cheerfully. "Trixi's the name, girlfriend! Now, put up your daisy dukes! It's time to duel."

"No way!" Tracy said, taking a step back. "Duel? Your group is rampaging all over the school, just to play Duel Monsters?! Why can't you just enter a tournament like normal people?!"
The pink haired girl stepped forward, keeping the same distance from Tracy.
"It wasn't a request, girlfriend."
"Last time you creeps showed up, I only dueled because a group of your friends cornered me and threatened me." Tracy said. "I'm out of here."

Trixi's grin grew. The forest around the pair darkened. Black mist began to seep from the trees. Tracy walked through the clearing, but as reached the edge of the clearing she found she could go no further. The dark mist that was swirling around them had formed some sort of wall, preventing her from leaving the clearing. Tracy's eyes widened. She tried to push her hand through the mist, but it was like pushing a wall.
"What... what is this?" Tracy said, looking back to Trixi.

"Like I said. It wasn't a request." Trixi said. Her left cheek began to darken, as if a bruise was rapidly forming. The makeup on the left side of slowly melted, and small black flames grew on her cheek. The black flames burned away the makeup on the left side of Trixi's face, revealing a strange symbol burning with the black flames.
"What's the matter, girlfriend? Never played a Shadow Duel before?!" Trixi said. She activated her duel disk. "It's simple. Just think, a normal duel. But the stakes are a bit higher than that. You win, you get to go free and I'm out of comission. I win? Well... I get something of yours."

How was this happening?! Tracy looked around the clearing, watching the dark mist swirl. This seemed so familiar. It was nothing she had experience herself before. And yet... That was it. The recordings of Duelist Kingdom, when Yugi Moto duel Maximillion Pegasus. And again, in the recordings of Battle City with Marik Ishtar dueling Mai Valentine. Most everyone had said it was just glitches and errors in the recording equipment. But some said it was something else. Something darker.

"I don't... I don't wanna duel you." Tracy said. The dark mist rushed towards Tracy, so quickly Tracy thought it was going to crush her.
"Hold on!" Trixi called out. The darkness stopped, just inches from Tracy. "Are you saying... you forfeit the duel?"

Tracy looked to the darkness, then to Trixi. Not playing was not an option.
"... No." Tracy said. Trixi clapped her hands, smiling at Tracy.
"Hooray!" Trixi said. "That's the way to go, girlfriend! Showing some of that Ra Yellow spirit!"

The darkness sank away from Tracy, fading back to the edge of the clearing. The dark mist had completely enveloped the clearing now, casting everything in a strange, otherworldly purple glow. Tracy could feel a cold shiver go down her back. It felt almost as though she had stepped into another world. The Ra Yellow activated her duel disk.

"Now, since you were so silly as to try to forfeit the duel before it began, I'm going to be the one going first." Trixi said. The pink haired girl drew from her duel disk, fanning out the cards in her hand.
"Hmm. Decisions, decisions. What should I do? Eenie, Meenie, Mienie... This one!" Trixi said. The pink haired girl placed a card on her duel disk. "I'll summon Traptrix Myrmeleo, in attack mode!"

In the clearing, another girl appeared. She had short white hair, and was dressed in white and orange clothes. The orange clothes seemed to resemble insect chiten, and she had a pair of horns on her head. The girl looked nervous, and for a good reason. Her foot appeared to be stuck in some sand. She tugged on it, trying to free herself, but to no avail.

Traptrix Myrmeleo
ATK/ 1600
DEF/ 1200

Tracy frowned. She hadn't seen this monster before.
"When Myrmeleo is summoned, I can add one 'Hole' Trap card from my deck to my hand." Trixi explained. "I choose the card 'Trap Hole'!"

That was a card Tracy recognized. The Trap Hole card was a tricky and mean card. It was a trap that activated when the opponent Normal or Flip Summoned a monster with 1000 or more ATK points, and instantly destroyed that monster. It would leave her wide open for a powerful attack.

"Then, I'll set three more cards face down, and end my turn." Trixi said. Behind Traptrix Myrmeleo, three large face-down Duel Monster cards materialized into existance. With that many cards thrown face-down, one of them had to be Trap Hole.

"My turn." Tracy said, drawing a card. The Ra Yellow student looked through her hand. She didn't have any ways to destroy Trap Hole, at least not yet. But there were ways to get around Trap Hole. She could set a monster face-down. It wasn't a Normal Summon, but if Tracy flipped up the monster and it had more than 1000 ATK, Trixi could activate the Trap Hole.

"I'll activate a spell card, Pot of Desires." Tracy said. A large two-faced pot conjured itself into existance. One side was green, leering face. The other, a pudgy, purple face with crystals for teeth. "I banish 10 cards from the top of my deck, face-down. Then, I can draw two cards."

Cards flew from Tracy's deck into the pot, disappearing as they went. Once the last card disappeared inside, the pot shot out two cards into Tracy's hand with a burp.

One of these cards was one that could help here. Tracy's eyes rested on her D.D. Assailant card. It was a strong monster, with 1700 Attack points and 1600 defense points. If she set it in face-down defense mode, it could withstand an attack from Myrmeleo. And if Myrmeleo was the one that flipped up D.D. Assailant, it wouldn't be considered a Flip Summon and she could avoid triggering the Trap Hole card! Not to mention, D.D. Assailant was strong enough to destroy Myrmeleo if he attacked.
"Okay. I set one monster face down, then set another card face down too." Tracy said.

"That's all? Lame." Trixi said. The pink haired girl drew a card to start her turn.
"Ooooh, look at who I have here. I summon Lonefire Blossom!"

Next to Traptrix Myrmeleo, a plant began to sprout. It had a pair of stalks, one yellow, one brown, that twisted together. Purple leaves sprouted off of the plant, and the stalks came together to sprout a large, bomb-shaped head.

Lonefire Blossom
ATK/ 500
DEF/ 1400

"Now the fun part. I can tribute Lonefire Blossom to Special Summon one plant monster from my deck. So, say hello to Gigaplant!" Trixi announced. The 'bomb' on the head of Lonefire Blossom exploded, kicking up a massive dust cloud. A low roar rumbled through the clearing, with a massive plant sprouting from where the blossom once stood. It had a massive green trunk and sharp, insect like legs. Vines whipped around the plant like tendrils, and its head was a massive red maw full of pointy teeth.

Gigaplant
ATK/ 2400
DEF/ 1200

"Go, Gigaplant! Attack that face-down card!" Tendrils and claws lashed out, striking Tracy's face-down monster. D.D. Assailant revealed itself from the card, the masked warrior lashing out with his massive sword. But it was to no avail. Gigaplant's tendrils wrapped around D.D. Assailant, dragging the warrior into its mouth and consuming it.

"Be careful what you eat. I activate D.D. Assailant's effect." Tracy said. "When it's destroyed by battle, it banishes both the monster that destroyed it and itself!"

A burst of strange purple energy enveloped the massive plant, and when it disappated, the plant was gone. Trixi pouted.
"Oh boo. Thats lame." Trixi said. Her smile slowly returned. "But it looks like I still have another monster on my field! Go, Myrmeleo! Avenge Gigaplant and teach this little Ra the meaning of pain!"

The insect monster girl put on a tough face, pumping her arms. Suddenly, a massive insect burst from the ground beneath the monster girl! It was now that Tracy could see Traptrix Myrmeleo in its entirely. The monster girl was no girl at all, just an apendage on the head of the massive insect. One that Tracy recognized looked similar to an antlion. The massive insect slashed at Tracy, and the hit actually knocked her off her feet. Tracy gasped in surprise. That was no illusion... That monster was real!

Tracy's life points fell to 2400, and she slowly got back to her feet.
"Yeah, all right! I did it! I did it, yay!" Trixi said, hopping around. Tracy could feel a bruse forming on her side where the monster hit her.

"H.. how?" Tracy gasped.
"Oh come on girlfriend! Don't tell me the freaky clouds, my ugly tattoo, and purple atmosphere didn't tip you off?" Trixi said, resting a hand on her hip. She rubbed the black symbol on her face, holding some of the black flames in her hand before shaking them off. "This here is a shadow game, girlfriend. The stakes are much higher than bragging rights here."

A shadow duel. Whatever that was, Tracy was sure it wasn't good. The most Tracy had staked on a duel before was a grade for an assignment, this was on a whole other level. She couldn't possibly... No. It was like Seto Kaiba had shown during his famous Battle City Tournament. A true duelist needed to be able to duel anytime, anywhere, and in any condition. This shadow game, these real monsters... Tracy couldn't let it get to her. It was just another way for this raider to throw her off her game.

Trixi looked around their battlefield.
"It is a little drab around here, isn't it? I'll just spice it up a little, and activate a spell card. Welcome to the Verdant Sanctuary." Trixi said. Around the duelists, the forest grew thicker. Flowers sprouted, but in this shadow realm, they appeared dark and sickly.
"As for what it does, well, we'll get to that later. Your turn, girlfriend!"

"I draw!" Tracy said. She needed to stay focused on the battle at hand, especially with almost half her lifepoints gone. Gigaplant may be gone, but Tracy was sure not to forget about Trixi's Trap Hole lurking in her backrow. But Tracy's deck had came through, and given her another way to circumvent the trap.

"I activate the spell card, D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation." Tracy said. The spell card appeared on her side of the field, depicting a gastly spirit reaching out of a strange portal.
"By discarding one card from my hand, I can special summon one of my banished monsters. So I'll special summon D.D. Assailant back to the field." Tracy said. She crossed her arms confidenty. "Since its a special summon, you can't trigger your Trap Hole."

A tear appeared in space in front of Tracy, and out jumped the D.D. Assailant. But as soon as he jumped out, the ground crumpled away beneath him! The warrior screamed as he fell into the pit, completely vanishing from view. Tracy stared down the massive hole, and watched in horror as the hole closed up. Her spell card, D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation, exploded into pixels and vanished.
"Wh... But Trap Hole-"
"Who said I was activating Trap Hole?" Trixi asked. One of the raider's face-down cards had flipped up, showing green goblin falling down a deep hole surrounded by leering faces. "Oops! Looks like I had a Bottomless Trap Hole set here too! Y'know, that card that lets me banish a monster summoned with 1500 or more attack points?"

"I-I know what that card does!" Tracy snapped. The Ra Yellow swallowed nervously, looking through her hand again.
"I'll just... set a monster face-down, and end my turn." Tracy said. Trixi giggled.

"You should've seen the look on your face! It was priceless!" Trixi said, drawing a card. "This is wayy too easy! Are you sure you're a Ra student?"
Trixi giggled again, and gestured to Tracy's face-down monster.
"Myrmeleo, destroy that face-down monster!" The massive insect crushed the face-down monster, which flipped up to reveal a small fairy creature. It screamed in terror before being crushed.
"I'm sorry, Sprite..." Tracy said, watching guiltily as her monster's pixels disappeared.
"Now I'll just set another card face-down, and end my turn." Trixi said. Tracy scowled, and drew a card for her turn.

Her last few moves hadn't worked... but with this card, she might be able to turn the tables.
"I activate the spell card Dimensional Fissure." Tracy said. There was a loud tearing noise, just like when D.D.R. was activated. Above the two duelists, a massive portal tore open in space. It depicted a purple, swirling cloudy form, much like the area they were dueling in.
"Now I'll summon D.D. Survivor." Tracy said. A monster appeared on Tracy's field, a blond man in strange metal armor, wrapped in a brown cloak.

"Summoning a monster as strong as D.D. Survivor, when you know what'll happen? It's like you're trying to lose." Trixi said. She grinned, throwing up a hand. "You activated my trap card! Trap Hole!"

A sinkhole suddenly appeared beneath D.D. Surivor, and the monster was sucked into the depths of the earth. With a shattering noise, the warrior disentigrated into pixels. But instead of disappating like normal, the pixels were sucked up into the massive portal above the two duelists. Trixi frowned, watching the pixels go.
"... What was that about?" Trixi asked. Tracy stared down the pink haired raider, her eyes burning with determination.

"My Dimensional Fissure. It changes the rules of the game. Now, when a monster is sent to the graveyard, it's removed from play instead. Banished, to a Different Dimension." Tracy said. "I end my turn. But, since my D.D. Survivor was banished this turn, he survives. He's special summoned back to my field, and I bring him back in attack mode!"

A flash of light flew down from the massive portal, and the cloaked man stepped out of it. He branished a dagger, taking a ready stance.

D.D. Survivor
ATK/1800
DEF/200

Trixi stared up into the swirling portal, and slowly smiled. She ran a hand through her hair.
"Well. It's about time you give me a little bit of a challenge. At least now, its interesting." Trixi said, drawing a card. She looked through her hand, and frowned. "I guess you have me on the defensive now. I'll switch Myrmeleo to defense mode, and set a monster face-down. I'll also activate another neath spell card. Check out this one, Spiritual Forest!"

The air around the two duelists became shinier, and tiny motes of light appeared in the air. Like small will-o-whisps, floating around.
"And what's this card do?" Tracy asked.
"Oh, you don't already know? Well, I guess it's just another card you'll have to wait and see." Trixi said. "Now take you turn, girlfriend!"

"Stop calling me that." Tracy said, drawing a card. She had an opening now, and needed to capitalize on it. With the combo of Dimensional Fissure and D.D. Survivor, Survivor could keep coming back every time it was destroyed. Tracy needed to keep up the pressure.
"I summon Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer." Tracy said. Another monster appeared on Tracy's field. This one was a man, a monk wearing a red mask that covered half their face.

Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
ATK/1800
DEF/700

With her two strong monsters on the field, it was time to begin her offensive.
"D.D. Survivor, destroy Myrmeleo! Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, attack the face-down monster!" Tracy commanded. The two monsters rushed towards Trixi's field!

D.D. Survivor's knife slashed through Traptrix Myrmeleo. The insect monster girl screeched, with the true monster's head rising from the sands. It exploded into pixels, and like before, the pixels were sucked up into the portal above the duelists. Kycoo the Ghost Destroy took a different approach. The monk held his pray beads and fired a ki blast at the face down card. At the last minute, the face-down card flipped up. In its place, another monster girl appeared. This one was childlike, with a white dress and long blonde hair. She was sitting by a strange pool of water. A spiked leaf or wall of some sort rose up between the girl and monk, knocking the ki blast back towards Tracy. The attack knocked Tracy to a knee, and her life points fell to 2200.

Traptrix Nepenthes
ATK/800
DEF/2000

"Sorry, girlfriend! It'll take more than a lowsy old monk to exorsise Nepenthes." Trixi taunted. Tracy scowled. Her opprotunity to take the upper hand had passed.
"I end my turn." Tracy said.

Trixi drew a card.
"Oh yipee! Girlfriend, girlfriend! Check out what I drew! Another Lonefire Blossom!" Trixi cheered. Once again, the bomb-like plant sprouted on Trixi's field
"And with Lonefire Blossom, you know what that means? I can special summon another Gigaplant from my deck! Whooo!" Trixi said. The Lonefire Blossom exploded, and the massive form of Gigaplant sprouted once again. "Now Gigaplant, its snack time. Get rid of that little monk."

The massive plant's jaws snapped down on Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, and it consumed the spellcaster. Tracy winced as her life points fell again, dropping to 1600. The world started to spin, and Tracy fell to a knee. Her head was pounding, and it was hard to breath. It was like her own life was being sucked away. It probably was...

"Aw, feeling a little tired?" Trixi asked.
"I'm... fine..." Tracy said, slowly stagging back to her feet. "I... I draw."

Another D.D. Assailant! Tracy didn't have any ways of making it stronger than the Gigaplant, but she could have D.D. Assailant banish it just like the last one had. But Tracy couldn't risk Trixi summoning a different monster to destroy D.D. Assailant. She just had to hope whatever cards Trixi had set, they weren't another Trap Hole card.

"I summon another D.D. Assailant!" Tracy announced. The masked ninja warrior appeared on her side of the field once again. Trixi scowled.
"Oh, come on girlfriend! I just got this Gigaplant!"
"Well, I'm pulling up this weed. Assailant, attack the Gigaplant!"

D.D. Assailant
ATK/1700
DEF/1600

Gigaplant
ATK/2400
DEF/1200

The masked warrior charged Gigaplant, but its attack was to no avail. Massive tendrils wrapped around D.D. Assailaint, dragging the warrior into the mouth of the massive plant. At the last moment, the warrior revealed a strange device and activated it. Just like before, a sphere of black energy enveloped the two monsters, and they vanished. A blast of energy hit Tracy, and the girl gasped and fell to the ground. Her life points fell, dropping to 900 points. Trixi looked up at the space her Gigaplant once inhabited. She grinned and shook her head.

"Gee girlfriend, you're looking kind of pale there. You sure you want to continue?" Trixi asked. "Dueling in this place is really taking it out of you. Probably should just give in."
Tracy laid on the ground, breathing heavily. She felt tired, so tired. The shadows swirled closer, waiting for the Ra Yellow to accept defeat.

Slowly, Tracy pushed herself back to her feet.
"The duel's not over yet." Tracy said. She wiped the dirt off her face. "I'm ending my turn."
"If that's what you want, girlfriend. It's going to end the same either way." Trixi said, drawing a card. She looked through her hand, humming a cheerful tune. "Looks like I don't have a monster strong enough to take down that mean ol' Survivor you got. So I'll just set another card face-down!"

Another card appeared in Trixi's Spell and Trap card zone. That meant three face-down cards, and with the spells Verdant Sanctuary and Spiritual Forest, Trixi's Spell and Trap Card zone was all filled up. Unless Trixi activated one of her face-down cards or destroyed one of her spells or traps, she couldn't activate any spells or traps she didn't have on the field. Not that it would be difficult for Trixi to activate one of her face-down cards. Tracy knew at least one of those face-down cards was a Trap Hole card. But what type? There were so many, and nearly all activated when a monster was summoned.

Tracy drew a card. D.D. Designator. A spell card that wasn't helpful in these circumstances. And right now, Tracy didn't have a way of getting past Trixi's Traptrix Nepenthes. So she would just have to strengthen her position on the field.
"I tribute D.D. Survivor to summon D.D.M. - Different Dimension Master." Tracy said. D.D. Survivor vanished, and in its place a portal opened. A cloaked figure of an old man with long white hair stepped through. His arms were strange and metallic, with unusual red markings.

D.D.M. - Different Dimension Master
ATK/1700
DEF/1500

A loud crack rang out, and the old man collapsed. The ground beneath him crumpled away, revealing a small pit with purple goo at the bottom. Whatever it was, it was quite sticky. The wizard struggled to pull himself out, but was stuck in place.
"Looks like your old man wasn't looking where he was stepping. That's my Adhesion Trap Hole card!" Trixi said, one of her face-down cards activating. "It halves your monster's attack. So now your old man is even weaker."
Energy was sapped from the Different Dimension Master as he pulled himself from the hole. His attack points fell from 1700 to 850.
"~Aaand, because I activated a 'Hole' trap card, I can activate Nepenthes' effect! I can special summon one Traptrix monster from my deck. So I'll just summon another Traptrix Myrmeleo." Trixi said. A hand emerged from the pool Nepenthes was sitting next to. The monster girl pulled Traptrix Myrmeleo from the pool of water, with the chiten-covered girl giving Nepenthes a thumbs up.

Traptrix Myrmeleo
ATK/1600
DEF/1200

"Double aaand, that triggers Myrmeleo's effect. When she's special summoned, she can destroy one spell or trap on the field. So I'll get rid of that pesky Dimensional Fissure that's been sucking away our monsters." Trixi said. Myrmeleo raised a hand and fired a blast of sand at the Dimensional Fissure spell card, causing it to explode into pixels. With Tracy's Dimensional Fissure gone, it would be much harder for D.D. Survivor to return if he was destroyed again.

"Your trap hole may have weakened D.D.M. and led to the destruction of my Dimensional Fissure, but I can still activate his effect. I'll discard a card from my hand, and D.D.M. special summons one of my banished monsters. So I'll bring back D.D. Assailant again." Tracy said. D.D.M. weakly raised a hand, opening another portal, and D.D. Assailant emerged from it. Trixi's eyes widened.

"Now let's see how you like it, losing some life points here! D.D. Assailant, attack Myrmeleo." Tracy commanded. The ninja nodded and raced towards the monster girl. Myrmeleo grinned, and the massive insect burst from the sand. In one fell slash, D.D. Assailant cut through Myrmeleo. Trixi screamed, long and high pitched, as her life points fell to 3900.

Tracy stared at Trixi in surprise.
I... I did it.
Her attack had gone through. She had hurt Trixi. Just like that, victory seemed possible.

Trixi fell to the ground, groaning. She had only taken 100 points of damage. The pink haired raider groaned, looking up at Tracy.
"You pathetic... little... worm!" Trixi snarled, slowly getting back to her feet. "A weak little Ra Yellow like you, managing to damage me?! I'm going to make you pay for this, you piece of garbage! That's what you are! You're just an insignificant piece of trash!"

Tracy took a step back, surprised at the venemous outburst. She supposed she shouldn't be surprised, that a girl dabbling in black magic wasn't the most mentally stable.
"... I set a card." Tracy said, ending her turn. D.D. Survivor appeared on her side of the field, hold his dagger at the ready.

"It's about time! I was just going easy on you, but you had to go an push it, didn't you?!" Trixi yelled, stomping her feet angrily. "I summon Traptric Dionaea!"
Another massive plant burst from the ground, this one resembling a venus flytrap. It rested its head on the ground and opened its mouth. Inside, a girl in white clothes could be seen reclining on a large drop of water. She looked lazily out at the battlefield, her brow furrowing with annoyance.

Traptrix Dionaea
ATK/1700
DEF/1100

"When Dionaea is Normal Summoned, I can special summon a Traptrix monster from my graveyard in defense mode. I'm bringing back Myrmeleo, and she can destroy a spell or trap. She'll destroy your face-down card!" Trixi said. Another one of the mouths of Dionaea opened, and Myrmeleo jumped out of it. Myrmeleo fired another blast of sand at Tracy's face-down card.
"I'll activate my face-down card. Different Dimension Ground." Tracy said. Her face-down card flipped up to reveal a trap card, one depecting a blonde warrior lady banishing a field through a portal. The ground around the duelists began to shift and change, with other portals appearing nearby. "Now, until the end of this turn, any monster sent to the graveyard is banished instead."

The only one that really helps here is D.D. Survivor... but hopefully she doesn't know that..

"Blah, blah, blah! Shut up, and die already! Dionaea, eat that crummy old man!" The massive venus flytrap lunged down, crunching up the Different Dimension Master. Tracy was struck with a powerful blast of energy, one that knocked her off her feet and back a few yards. She landed on her back, gasping for air. The world was spinning, growing dark. Her life points fell to 50.

Having vanquished Tracy, Trixi took a moment to compose herself. She sighed, pushing her hair off her face and dusting herself off.
"Whew. There we go." Trixi said. "I'm sorry about that, girlfriend. Lost my temper there, hehe. But you understand that, right? I mean, I thought this was gonna be an easy perfect victory for me, y'know? And then a wimpy little student from this academy goes an just scratches me a little! It's infuriating! If a victory isn't perfect and total, is it really a victory?"

Trixi's voice droned on. Tracy's limbs felt heavy and weak.What was the point in fighting? She only had 50 life points left, and this crazy raider still had 3900. The shadows crept closer to Tracy as the student weakly drew a card.

It was her.

The D.D. Warrior Lady. Tracy's favorite card. A blonde woman dressed in black with a robotic arm and a laser sword. Just the sight of the warrior monster was enough to give Tracy strength enough to stand. D.D. Warrior Lady had dealt with fighting killer monsters and mercinaries, getting her arm cut off, and getting banished to a different dimension. And yet, she kept fighting.

"... and then my boss has really been on my back, not to mention the Wicked- oh, you're still awake. You haven't given up yet?" Trixi asked. Tracy weakly pointed at Dionaea.
"Survivor... attack Dionaea. Assailant... attack Myrmeleo." Tracy commanded. The two warriors nodded, charging towards the monster girls. D.D. Assailant easily cut through Myrmeleo, the monster girl dissolving to pixels in a shriek. Dionaea was more difficult. D.D. Survivor slashed the massive venus flytrap, which shrieked in pain. But instead of being destroyed, it stayed on the field and stared down at D.D. Survivor. Trixi winced as her Life Points fell to 3800.

"Sorry girlfriend, but it's time for those spell cards I played earlier to take effect. Y'see, thanks to my Spiritual Forest spell card, the first time one of my plant monsters would be destroyed by battle or card effect, it isn't. And thanks to my Verdant Sanctuary spell card, when one of my insect monsters is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, I can add an insect monster with the same or lower level from my deck to my hand." Trixi explained, adding a card from her deck to her hand.

Trixi was speaking, but Tracy wasn't listening. It was taking all of Tracy's focus and energy to stay on her feet. Her hands shaking, Tracy set D.D. Warrior Lady face-down on her field. Like D.D. Assailant, D.D. Warrior Lady could banish the monster that battled her.

The face-down card appeared on Tracy's field, and Trixi shook her head.
"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Girlfriend! You are just a glutton for punishment. Well then, its another Trap Hole card! I activate Acid Trap Hole!" Trixi said. One of her face-down cards flipped up to reveal a Trap, one depicting a knight falling down a deep hole full of acid. Tracy's face-down monster flipped up, and D.D. Warrior Lady was revealed kneeling defensively.
"Oooh, looks like tht monster's got 2000 or less defense! To the graveyard she goes! Bye bye!" Trixi said gleefully, waving at D.D. Warrior Lady. The ground crumpled beneath the warrior woman, and the monster looked back to Tracy in panic.

"...Sorry-" D.D. Warrior Lady said. Then she was gone. The monster fell into the acid, screaming in pain before exploding into pixels. Tracy emptily at the hole.

"Awww... What's the matter, girlfriend? You look like you're about to cry!" Trixi said. "Anyways. I guess it's my turn then! So I'll summon my monster, Traptrix Atrax!"
A massive chunk of earth swung open, and a purple haired girl walked out of it. Her clothes matched her hair, purple and seemingly made of fur.

Traptrix Atrax
ATK/1800
DEF/1000

The monster girl giggled, and a low growl rumbled from the tunnel she emerged from. 1800 ATK. Her own D.D. Assailant only had 1700 ATK. This was it. Tracy fell to a knee, staring up at Trixi and breathing heavily.
"Traptrix Atrax... you know what to do!" Trixi chirped. The monster girl nodded, licking her lips. With a screech, a massive spider shot out of the tunnel! It clamped down on D.D. Assailant, bowling over the warrior and rushing towards Tracy. The student closed her eyes, bowing her head.

I'm sorry... Dahlia... Elizabeth... Raikiri...

But the final attack didn't come. Tracy slowly opened her eyes. The fangs of Atrax had stopped, just inches from her face.
"Girlfriend... I'm gonna tell you something." Trixi sauntered towards Tracy and leaned against the massive spider. "You've impressed me. Kept on fighting, even though the odds were against you. The creepy shadow duel. The real monsters. Your little bit of spunk and determination, it's really grown on me. Soooooo..."

Trixi skipped around Atrax and crouched down in front of Tracy.
"I'm gonna cut you a deal! Y'see, since I started this whole Shadow Duel, I can stop it. Whenever. I. Want." Trixi said, tapping Tracy on the nose. The raider grinned.
"All you need to do is say, 'Oh please Ms. Trixi. You're so strong. Please don't make Atrax rip my face off and banish my soul to the shadow realm.'" Trixi said, clapping her hands together and spinning. "Just say something along those lines, and I'll let you go free!"

Tracy slowly looked up at Trixi, saying nothing. Trixi frowned.
"What, nothing? I'm offering you a chance to get off scott free! C'mon girlfriend, its just one little thing!" Trixi said. Tracy still remained silent, and Trixi's frown grew. "Are you really gonna let your ego stop you from living?"

Tracy took in a shaky breath and shook her head.
"P... Please..."
"P-p-please? P-p-please what?" Trixi asked, cupping her ear and grinning. Tracy looked into Trixi's eyes.

Those eyes. She knew those eyes.

They were Weasel's eyes, when he absolutely crushed her in the doubles tournament in front of the entire school. They were X's eyes, the eyes of the 3rd year elite Obelisk Blue student that walked around school out of uniform just so he could absolutely crush 1st year students that had no idea.

They were the eyes of sadistic, merciless glee.

Tracy bowed her head, and began to cry.
"Ah ha ha! There is is!!!" Trixi exclaimed, laughing. She hugged herself, skipping around her massive spider monster. "Ah, the moment of true despair! Girlfriend, I'll tell ya. It's like the sweetest of candies!"
The dark flames from the brand on the Trixi's face grew, nearly consuming half of the raider's face. Trixi let out a satisfied sigh, and looked back at Tracy.
"Sorry, girlfriend! The answer we were looking for was 'Please don't kill me Ms. Trixi.', not crying. Better luck next time, girlfriend!" Trixi said, waving at Tracy. The massive spider rushed towards Tracy, and then... darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The monsters and shadows disappated, and Trixi shut down her duel disk. Tracy lay on her back, unconcious. Trixi grinned and rooted through her bag, pulling out a makeup kit. The raider reapplied her makeup, making sure to cover the brand on her face once again. Once that was done, Trixi skipped over to Tracy and sat on the unconcious girl's stomach. She would be unconcious for quite some time. While the shadow duel had been quite real, all that rot about being sent to the shadow realm or having her face ripped off was made up. At least for this duel.

"Now, let's see what we're looking at." Trixi said, rooting through Tracy's pockets. The raider was quick to find Tracy's student ID, and took a picture of it with her phone.
"Well then, Tracy. It's nice to finally get your name, girlfriend." Trixi said. "Now lets see what goodies I've won!"

Trixi removed Tracy's deck from her duel disk, not noticing the two cards that remained stuck in the deckholder. She began to look through Tracy's deck.
"Whoa. Gold Sarcophagus, Chaos Sorcerer, Golden Homunculus... You have a lot of rare cards, girlfriend. They're kind of going to waste with you, huh?" Trixi asked. The raider paused and gasped. "Oh, girlfriend! A copy of Bottomless Trap Hole, and a copy of D.D. Trap Hole?! It's like we were fated to be besties!"

Trixi grinned, patting Tracy on the cheek.
"Well, I'll just take all these cards off your hands. It's not like you were using them, right?" Trixi asked. The raider stood up. "Tell you what. If you don't want me to take your deck, just say something."

Trixi paused a moment, staring down at Tracy's unconcious body.
"Oh girlfriend! You're the best friend ever! Thank you so much!" Trixi said. She pocketed Tracy's cards.
"I hope we meet up again soon! See ya around, girlfriend!" Trixi said. The raider turned and skipped into the forest, humming a cheerful tune.

(So this is like, a few years too late lol. A small story that happened 'off screen' during a Yugioh GX rp on this site. The idea has been bouncing around in my head for a while now, and I finally decided to sit down and write it!)