• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then again, most lightning users don’t do an entire shocking thing. They usually just shape in in the form of a blade or a blast. But there’s a reason they were renowned to be some of the most powerful.

In this case, Kiro’s entire attack (correct me if I’m wrong)is channeling into whatever vulnerable spot it can. Metal of most kinds is at least a slice more conductable than the body. And since they mass produce these headbands it isn’t rare, so it’s most likely to be conductable, at least a bit. In real life, metal attached to a body of nearly any kind leads to burning or even nerve damage to the area effected. Either way, it’s not a good thing to have the forehead protector on.

I'll have Tomiko understand that in my next post. Again I'll have some lingering effects of this attack as the battle progresses. Likely will ditch the headband after this shocking experience.

Then again, most lightning users don’t do an entire shocking thing. They usually just shape in in the form of a blade or a blast. But there’s a reason they were renowned to be some of the most powerful.

In this case, Kiro’s entire attack (correct me if I’m wrong)is channeling into whatever vulnerable spot it can. Metal of most kinds is at least a slice more conductable than the body. And since they mass produce these headbands it isn’t rare, so it’s most likely to be conductable, at least a bit. In real life, metal attached to a body of nearly any kind leads to burning or even nerve damage to the area effected. Either way, it’s not a good thing to have the forehead protector on.
I was more focused on the gauntlets, the headband wasn’t what I was concerned with. But now I’ll make sure to use it as andvantage. However, presuming the gauntlets are metal and what I’ve researched is true, then it will cause a lot of damage to her hands if she doesn’t let go. Most of the websites I’ve found say that wearing metal objects can cause serious damage. Things like electrical arcing and rapidly increasing heat, which will be causing serious burns of their own. That’s not including the potential nerve damage that could happen.

Also, all metals are conductive. Some may not be as good as others but they are still conductors nonetheless. In fact, electrical conductivity is one of the basic properties of metal. The reason why not each lightning jutsu nearly kills an opponent if they’re wearing a headband is because most of them are mostly direct contact. Like the chidori for example. The lightning is focused on a specific area.

I think there’s a reason why lightning style isn’t as commonly used in the series. Every time a lightning attack has made actual contact in the series, it has done a considerable amount of damage to its target. It’s also why I was a bit surprised you had Tomiko actually touch Kiro as most characters try to avoid lightning unless they’re a lightning user themselves. The ground may dampen it, but all of the lightning is going through her hands first before it reaches the ground.

Sorry for the long wait. I decided to take advantage of this situation to provide a little backstory to this technique and why Kiro might have a PTSD due what is happening in the present and why he is so hell bent on not letting go. Also, yeah this fight may be important and all to showcase the character but also think long term for the characters... having a severe injury right now could be detrimental to their future.

*Sigh* I guess so. But you all seem to like that idea for her and Tsunade and going against that now would upset you all. And I don't want to be that guy.

Just don't like Tomiko getting beat this easily by Kiro. Who didn't even use a Sharingan. Makes her come off as really weak in my opinion. But I don't know what to do. Whether to have Tomiko ninja save her arms or to just go along with Retro's idea.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
That is true, unless Tomiko uses his ability in a way none of us saw coming, since earth has a broad sense of capabilities. While the situation is difficult (and maybe impossible if you think it is), strategy usually wins the day.

I’m not telling, but there are some ways I can see to get out of this scenario. Telling you would be cheating.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
You can't blame him, I believe he has a job or college. Or maybe he's just overflowed with high school. Also, I understand, I just want to progress things quickly with out fight.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Katsuo. Also please post, I feel super bad for Zander he's been waiting for like 3 days now. Just go to the floor and start fighting

I guess I’ll give Tomiko that. Her hands by that point should have been near impossible to move, let alone form hand signs. It all depends on how long it took her too remove her hands tho. To prevent any plot holes I’ll go long with that but I find it very fishy, for lack of a better term, that she was able to use handsigns when her hands took the brunt of the lightning even if she eventually got them out. Absorbing that much uncontrolled lightning, even for only a few seconds, should’ve done way more damage, especially considering she also had metal gauntlets on.

It’s alright tho because I already have a plan to counter that last attack. Here’s a hint, guess where all the electricity went...

I guess I’ll give Tomiko that. Her hands by that point should have been near impossible to move, let alone form hand signs. It all depends on how long it took her too remove her hands tho. To prevent any plot holes I’ll go long with that but I find it very fishy, for lack of a better term, that she was able to use handsigns when her hands took the brunt of the lightning even if she eventually got them out. Absorbing that much uncontrolled lightning, even for only a few seconds, should’ve done way more damage, especially considering she also had metal gauntlets on.

It’s alright tho because I already have a plan to counter that last attack. Here’s a hint, guess where all the electricity went...

To be fair Tomiko is a physical brawler so I figured in a split second moment she could knock her hands away from your grip to free her hands.

I still had her feel damage, but she can do handsigns. She won't be punching with them for now and is hampered. But she is not gonna make this easy for Kiro.

Honestly I don't know how much electricity her gauntlets could store up, but that was so cool I am not gonna complain.

I do have a means of having Tomiko avoid the worst of that, even without relying on her hands, but I'll think over what I want to do as I have to go grocery shopping.