• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
probably gonna wrap up the interaction with @kyuukestu's character and have him show up a little late
Actually feel free to have Miyaji go ahead, I'll just give you a run-through of what Phyra would've done.

She'll wipe the wound commenting that it'll still a bit (salt water and all), but she'll say its punishment for fighting recklessly. After that they'd book an inn for the night before departing the next day.

I might be tied up in some IRL stuff for a few days, so feel free to go ahead.

Here's an updated Shiragay bio as he'll be part of a new character's backstory. I left in gags relevant to his description, removed irrelevant ones.

Name: Shiragay Kyūksuiryoku
Personality: Shirade's gay twin who was separated at birth is just as kind, but he's super expressive and flamboyant. Unlike his straight brother, he LOVES eating human flesh, but he only eats men...
Appearance: Shiragay looks like a young man (teenager). He has light blue eyes "bright as the summer sky (with rainbows)," black short hair, a colorful ribbon, and orange skin. Well-built and 6'2", he dresses similar to his brother in a black shirt and a white kimono, but the shirt's made of mesh and goes with a pair of leggings. While the suspenders he wears for no reason do nothing to complete his appearance, his lipstick makes his mouth look red, full, and kissable.
Blood Demon Art: He shoots fire (Get it? Because he's a flaming homosexual?)
Techniques: His fire doesn't actually burn anything, but it's said that whoever touches it falls in love with the next person they see and won't be able to focus on the fight. They need to get unstuck from their newfound love interest fast, or their life force will slowly be drained until there's nothing left. The more he drains, the stronger (and gayer) he gets.
Other: Shiragay doesn't need to eat humans to survive. It's enough for him to drink a small amount of human blood, though being the dominant male, he'd rather devour people whole and grow more powerful.
Backstory: A former Noble, Shiragay was expelled from his position because he used his mansion for frivolous activities instead of serving his duke. He has no memory of his human life and no knowledge of the fact that he has a straight brother, so he wanders the lands aimlessly as a common demon and consumes males.
Name: Rin Neiru
Personality: Though she's kind, caring, soft-spoken, and innocent, Rin is a traumatized girl who hasn't been able to let the tragedy of her human life go and is determined to find her older brother's killer, turning cold whenever she thinks of him.
Appearance: 5'5" with a curvy figure, she has bright emerald eyes, bluish skin, and beautiful, flowing black hair that perfectly frames her face and complements her ninja garb.
Blood Demon Art: Her memory-erasing ability makes people forget everything they'd witnessed in the past half-hour, but regrettably, she can't use it on herself.
Techniques: Standard Suicide Squad techniques. She's skilled with a knife and produces clean cuts that leave minimal blood.
Other: N/A
Backstory: Rin's parents died when she was very little, so she was raised by her older brother. When she came home one night and followed strange noises into the basement, however, she witnessed him being devoured by an orange-skinned demon in the most indecent, appalling, inhumane, and grisly fashion. Only eating men, the creature nearly killed her but didn't finish the job, fleeing in the presence of the opposite sex and sparing her to develop into one of his kind. Rin retained her emotions and recalls everything vividly, traits that secured her membership in the Suicide Squad. She's honed the art of stealth and deception, staying committed to avenging her brother.

Last edited:
Korudo is a big city, not a town. I did some worldbuilding and described it for you in the post I just made, so that you know where you're going and can keep things moving.

There are many ways to go about this, starting off in the slums right away. Or two, you could see both sides and end up in the wealthy district, get directions from the information center or the locals, who'll warn you about the slums and tell you to stay away, or that they don't care if there's a rumored demon there, since poor people don't matter anyway (rich people are jerks. Their bad attitudes are something you can develop in the RP, before you wander into the broken neighborhood and see the squalor that less fortunate people live in, sympathizing. There's a lot of potential for character development here, since seeing how the poor really live is an eye-opening experience. And that's especially true for Akane @JadeStar , who had the option of marrying into several wealthy families and was pretty much guaranteed a comfortable life. On the other hand there's Miyaji @OmnipotentOnion , who I believe grew up poor, though I'm not sure as it's been a while since I read his bio.)

Kenshiro made a brief appearance by the clocktower (say it happened the night before) but you won't encounter him yet. The way I see this playing out is the demon slayers seeking directions, either from the locals or the info center (which I'll let you write in and describe, ideally it would be a city-hall type building in the middle-class zone), gradually wandering into the sketchier areas of Korudo, where they'd explore for a bit before being cornered in an alley by some adolescent punks. The "investigation" part of a demon slayer's job, which wasn't really touched on in the first round of demons, will essentially be them fighting scattered street gangs all throughout the slums. This won't be a quick fight like the first batch was as we've used that formula already, and besides I'd love for this arc to be developed and fulfilling.​

Last edited:
Just getting back~

I did some looking around since I wanted to pin how Phyra would react to 5000 Yen, given she is from a mercantile family, and what I found was that at around this period of time, 1 Yen was 1.5 g of pure gold. Which means Miyaji would've just slipped the monetary equivalent of 7.5 kg of gold under Phyra's door xD

Upon further investigation, there was an adjustment in 1882 and the Yen was set to 0.75 g of gold. So the new figure (and possibly the correct one for the RPs time period) would be 5000 Yen = 3.75 Kg of gold. Which still sounds like quite a lot, but then again 3.75 kg isn't that much. So I went and looked up some comparisons and around this time 1 ounce of gold went for 18.92 USD. (Using prices from 1913). That would equate to ‭2,502.69 USD.

For the modern era, using the gold reserve prices from 2016, that would be 4,690.28 USD. Converting that to Yen, that's about... 509,457.67 Yen.

You might wanna...reconsider that figure lol. @OmnipotentOnion

I'd say most commodities shouldn't cost more than...1-10 Yen...probably.

Phyra: ... :'|
Phyra: … >:D

is what you meant, right? She's the daughter of a merchant family, so I imagine she loves that moolah. Wonder how a socioeconomically disparate place like Hokori will affect her, since it's as messed up or maybe worse than Korudo. Plus her power's water-based, so how will she manage in a sandy city? :p Follow Akane's example and make Kazu do all the work
his girl lmfao? Laying claim already?
*Laying pipe

Jk jk
When did Miyaji become one of those Pimps?
Ever since he started practicing Breath of the Volcano. You can just feel the lust on his hot breath.

Jk jk, that's enough cringe for one night

@OmnipotentOnion @ThAtGuY101 @JadeStar Let me know if I didn't provide enough information about how to start in Korudo. There's no rush on getting there, but I was wondering if you were stalling or playing hot potato with who moves you forward.

sliding down her throat —she almost moaned just thinking about it
Why did this make me think of Miyaji?

What were your plans for the bartender? Were you going to respond for him with the info I provided in my last post? Because I could also reply with additional information about Hokori.

@OmnipotentOnion @JadeStar @ThAtGuY101 Looks to me like you’re in the safe, nice-looking part of Korudo. If you head into the slums (Miyaji already concluded that’s where the demon would most likely be) and wander for a bit you’ll be cornered in an alley by some young punks. I imagine this mission will take several days before you beat up enough street kids for Kenshiro to reveal himself, and if you return there when the light’s out, you’ll also get attacked and potentially mugged. Feel free to explore the city and ask around as you don’t need to skip to night right away and don’t be afraid to worldbuild like @Clite of Dragonbow is doing as long as it doesn’t conflict with the general picture I’ve laid out.

Why did this make me think of Miyaji?

What were your plans for the bartender? Were you going to respond for him with the info I provided in my last post? Because I could also reply with additional information about Hokori.
My plan was precisely the information provided in your last post, in particular, the scene of the latest murder. It's the best lead Phyra would have, so I had planned to have her take a look at the crime scene, maybe try to sus something out.

@E.K.A.N.S so what can you tell me about the scene of the murder?

Any clues left behind? The demon this time is a stealth user...so I'm suspecting we might have to wait for another murder to happen before we can pick up enough clues to sus things out for good.

@OmnipotentOnion The next Pearlan post will involve him and Arashi being sent flying, and I'm wondering if you're okay with that.

@kyuukestu The knife won't have traces of a person's hands, since it was propelled into the victim's skull by an invisible force. Clues could be footprints coming from the cursed vase left in the rich man's mansion, maybe a knocked table or the upturned corner of a carpet, since Basano would have exited the item and walked over to devour his body. This will open an investigation into the history of the artifact, revealing that it's changed hands many times at auctions and was involved in multiple murders. That will throw Phyra and Kazu off and lead them to believe that the object is cursed, that it exclusively is the problem, so they'll take it with them and keep a close eye on it, until a second murder happens with another item involved and causes them to reevaluate their conclusions.

Something like that, so it isn't so straightforward. I was gonna say something else here but my friend wouldn't stop talking and I forgot :@

@kyuukestu The knife won't have traces of a person's hands, since it was propelled into the victim's skull by an invisible force. Clues could be footprints coming from the cursed vase left in the rich man's mansion, maybe a knocked table or the upturned corner of a carpet, since Basano would have exited the item and walked over to devour his body. This will open an investigation into the history of the artifact, revealing that it's changed hands many times at auctions and was involved in multiple murders. That will throw Phyra and Kazu off and lead them to believe that the object is cursed, that it exclusively is the problem, so they'll take it with them and keep a close eye on it, until a second murder happens with another item involved and causes them to reevaluate their conclusions.
I wasn't gonna touch the jar at all actually lol

That does sound fine though...I'd have to take a look at Kazu's bios to see if he had any heightened senses that would be useful in detecting demons. Fairly sure we had an OC or two with heightened smell or something like that.

Also, I feel like if they believed the Vase Exclusively was the problem, i.e. a demon, they would try to destroy it. Well, I'll work with you though, need to think through how to tie the clues together in Phyra's head.

Also, I feel like if they believed the Vase Exclusively was the problem, i.e. a demon, they would try to destroy it. Well, I'll work with you though, need to think through how to tie the clues together in Phyra's head.
Maybe they will try to destroy it, but they’d have to find a wide open space to prepare for the demon that might jump out. Which takes time getting there, so that route is decently drawn out as well.

They’ll be like, “ok here goes, get ready” *deep breath* “... wait we destroyed the vase and nothing’s happening” “Maybe the demon slipped away in the form of a shadow and we need to lure it out by keeping the object overnight instead of destroying it next time?”

@kyuukestu Let me know if you don't like the fact that I replied for the bartender and I'll happily delete it. :p

@OmnipotentOnion I love your latest post. Keep in mind though that this is a poor area so street punks will attack you just for the money and clothes on your back. I don’t intend to have Kenshiro appear now as I’m hoping to send a second wave of punks much later (planning for this mission to take days as they’re frustrated about the lack of solid leads). A better way to do it, actually, is timeskip-style, e.g. “they spent the next few days beating up more useless street rats, wearing themselves down and growing frustrated over the lack of information besides the fact that there was a demon here, which they knew from the start.” The next night, they're fighting another street gang and beat up a good number of them until they suddenly stop and clear the way for a hooded adolescent, his darkened face unseen... (to make things even better they won’t know he’s a demon while fighting him at first so will be trying not to kill, until he starts to overwhelm them and shows more of his powers)

There are many ways to go about this like a standoff in the center of the slums with Kenshiro at the top of the clock tower and a battle royale ensuing below, but that’s where I was planning to take it.

Last edited:
That's all I can do tonight, sorry. I'm sort of unmotivated to RP right now...

@Grand Master Koop What's the status on Samui? If you're not planning on jumping back in and RPing consistently, I just thought of a cool idea that I wanted to ask you about. I was thinking Samui could be a recurring antagonist for Shirade and Rin, so we'll have a side-story from the perspective of demon protagonists. And then, at the end, she like, either dies or gets her memories of the Suicide Squad overwritten.

I'd have to control her though if you're not in the RP atm, which is why I asked ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

The fourth wall was a last minute addition, I just thought it’d make sense since that’s something one would see while flying through the air. I saw an opportunity and took it, I have nothing against the cute Arcanine xD
This girl really broke the fourth wall to call out Mango on not laughing at her jokes...
Diss track dropping in a week.
I love Pearlan >_< I think this last Pearlan post is my favorite one so far
:p