• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A fellow tennis lover?
Yup, that’s why I was up late last night, had to see the end of that match. Glad Roger got through but I don’t see him beating Novak :'|

If you want you could make a short post with Kit getting a room at the inn, he and Sena will have different rooms UNLESS they’re booked and all they have is a double, so they have to share a room (or a bed :-O). And she’s like, try anything and I’ll chop your balls off. Whatever’s more fun for you, I can timeskip us to morning ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
@OmnipotentOnion Who said it was a man, or in the front row? The “person” holding the frying pan was the old lady who knocked Pearlan down the first day and hates him for taking business away from her fire-grilled shrimp stand, and the end of my post foreshadows something. The reason I said “a single person” instead of “a single old woman” is so no one would misinterpret that as a description of her relationship status.
Go for it! What kinda person is Morio Mori like anyways?
Here’s his bio that I posted on page 17:

Name: Mori
Personality: Even though he heads the softest branch in all the Red Demon—the Gravediggers—Mori gives off a far less positive vibe than Saito, seemingly staring his subordinates down and addressing them ominously. He warns new recruits of the darkness of the other branches, believing only in the virtue of his own. Because Gravedigger demons don't actually kill anyone, they're a lighthearted bunch of reprobates who think their solemn leader takes himself way too seriously.
Appearance: Unlike the youthful Saito, who's the ideal Red Demon employee, Mori is 5'4," perpetually hunched over, and noticeably older with a wide-eyed, nervous disposition. His patchy stubble and wrinkled face full of scars contribute to the look of a seaman who doesn't take very good care of himself. His clothing consists of sagged brown pants, a filthy white shirt, a homeless man's beanie, and a heavy, dark green raincoat that's draped over his shoulders. Though Mori's tightly pursed lips look like they haven't touched water in years, his skin is as blue as that of a drowning victim, his wrinkles prominently interspersed with thin, jagged veins.
Blood Demon Art: Live Burial - He can intensify gravity within a 20-meter radius of himself until his opponent's whole body is pressed to the ground, or the earth itself breaks under them.
Techniques: There are spots within his area of control that act like traps, increasing gravity when stepped on sans input from Mori. These gravitational spikes can be so sudden that the ground crumbles the instant someone makes contact with it, effectively creating a pitfall. The force of gravity isn't consistent throughout his circle of influence; he can cut it up however he wants, leaving his foe completely ignorant of where it changes.
Other: N/A
Backstory: He was once a hardened seafarer who feared nothing, but that changed when his ill-fated ship encountered the legendary Kraken in the seas of Japan. Some sailors panicked and scrambled for a harpoon, while others stood in disbelief at the appearance of a single tentacle big enough to wreck a watercraft several times larger than theirs. Mori and his crew managed to injure it, showering them with blood before it snapped down onto their ship. He washed ashore as a demon and traveled as far inland as possible, having developed a fear of the ocean and choosing to dig in the dirt instead. After the Warmongers, the Farmers, the Dungeon Masters, and the Party Animals, the Gravediggers are the fifth-oldest branch and a common starting point for faint-hearted demons.

Last edited:
I didn't respond for Sena and timeskip because I need to think of a mission for her and Kit in the morning. That's not hard, but it's late. What's more challenging is bringing everyone else back into the RP and thinking of missions for them too. Can't do it now though :(

Kit and Sena's mission can be investigating an urban legend about a demon that hides in a lake and kills campers, locals, wanderers, whoever, something like La Llorona or the Lochness Monster, whichever is better. It starts off as a romantic date sort of thing (not all that peachy as their relationship is tense and they've only just met) where they're fishing on a canoe or something, maybe swimming, and goes from there. That's just a rough idea but I might get a bio up if I refine it some more.

I'll do this in steps and rely on @ThAtGuY101 for the next post with Ren, then my post after that will probably be a monster. A section for Pearlan, Sena, Mori, and maybe even the screaming cave demon I introduced earlier. Haven't forgotten about Shirade, but unfortunately I have a lot of characters to RP so I might move things along with him once I'm completely done with Pearlan.
@Hecotoro Hey can you please think of more demons for us? Thanks.

That sounds like a cool idea to me

Sidenote, like jadestar I'm also curious when morning is. Obviously Ren and Mori are just starting a fight... I'm not sure what the others are currently doing as I didn't have time to read them yet since I was writing my post when they were posted...

Edit: Just caught up...

Last edited:
Ahhh, what a nice like massage from Clite, my shoulders feel better already
Two, Shirade referring to him as "Branch Leader" would compromise the fact that the Suicide Squad was one of many operations. Most demons spent their entire careers thinking that their branch was the Red Demon, ignorant of the others, and that was for the best. Only those who moved up in the enterprise should learn of their existence.
So just to reconcile what Saito said a while back about not revealing they were a branch and Mori clearly mentioning the Gravediggers, it’s probably just a Suicide Squad thing. Most of its members spend their careers thinking they’re the Red Demon. As for the Gravediggers, no one calls Mori Branch Leader or brings up the fact that they’re a branch, but they sort of informally know in the back of their heads and don’t ask...

This is so the demon slayers don’t figure out there are more branches by fighting one of them, and they discover each individually. Unless one of the demons accidentally lets it slip... Each division has its own work culture, I guess.
"...you will be disturbing the dead, so the Gravediggers are not for the faint of heart.
"No, the Gravediggers aren't evil
Oh and @ThAtGuY101 we’re fighting in an open field not a mausoleum, the field just has mausolea in it
As soon as they went to the mausoleum Ren took up a defensive stance readying him self just in case.
He and Ren were in an open field with sparse tombstones and mausoleums, an ideal sparring environment that provided ample cover.
I also lost notifications on the RP despite having posted recently.
Yay.... Its so nice to not get notifications and read posts from friday to now...

I kinda would like to rp too...
I’m so sorry... there’s just some long-term plot stuff we need to get out the way and a limited number of characters I can deal with at a time...

Okay, maybe this post wasn't a monster, since I moved Pearlan along and finished up introducing Ren. I didn't reply for Sena as I'll give @Hecotoro a chance to come up with enemies. I'll think of some too if I get there first but it's unlikely. I'll be freer over the weekend.
You probably have a whole damn diss-track queued up.
Grr. This part makes me cross and in a few posts you’ll realize why.
"That's it. Get in the booth and prepare for war... BECAUSE WE ARE DROPPING THE BEST DISS TRACK OF 1913!"

You're right. I did have a diss track kyuu'd up. :@

@ThAtGuY101 In my latest post, Mori summarized the fight from his point of view, but I need a response from you recapping it from Ren's perspective and accepting the Branch Leader's welcome into the Red Demon, kind of like what @Clite of Dragonbow did with Shirade after his fight with Saito. This lets me keep the RP going.

Also, to anyone who's read my post before, I changed literally the first clause of the first sentence so that the timeskip is now two weeks after Pearlan's performance, not the next night, so in two weeks' time he did enough shows to establish a career. If he marched through town after his first stage appearance, then there would be no career for the frying pan lady to destroy.

Time to bring everyone back into the RP. "Quick" demon bios:

Name: Rurona
Personality: Deeply disturbed, she's prone to unintelligible screaming fits when provoked, but otherwise, she's quiet and mysterious as she discreetly goes about her business. Rurona is a desperate, broken, wailing woman when her plans crumble, and though she prefers silence as she single-mindedly searches for her deceased family, she's impatient and quick to lose her composure.
Appearance: There are thick locks of seaweed in her unkempt and hideous hair, and equally thick dirt on her contorted, miserable but intense-eyed face. She looks like a hospital patient in a stained, tattered white gown, with sickly blue skin and pained, gritted teeth. Her arms usually hang lifelessly at her sides.
Blood Demon Art: I prefer not to reveal it at this point. I only made this bio to provide useful information, not to have it accepted, anyway.
Techniques: She possesses no mental restraints, clawing mercilessly at the faces of those who stand in her way, or quietly dragging unsuspecting victims into the night. Despite her instability, she's also a resourceful long-range fighter, the piranhas and the lake's other harmful lifeforms obeying her commands as if the body of water is her own.
Other: Kit and Sena will be fighting this demon, but there'll be investigation and suspense. Based on La Llorona.
Backstory: Her husband had viciously abused her in her human life and pressured her to have his children against her will. His horrible treatment continued until she fled her home and ran deep into the woods, scrambling over mountainous roads, through unbeaten paths, wherever her bruised legs and swollen but hopeful face would take her. She encountered a feeding demon in the wilds, who'd just finished a meal and was sated enough to only turn her. Now a demon and determined to face those of her past life, she returned to her house and devoured her husband, leaving the town once and for all and taking her three children as food for the road. The ability to breathe underwater does not constitute her Blood Demon Art; her gills are merely a lucky adaptation, in the same way that other demons have horns and claws. They enabled her to settle in a murky lake, having long consumed her young but experiencing persistent flashbacks of her previous life. They mix bizarrely with her desire for human flesh; spurred by her human recollections, she's devastated by the loss of her children and seeks them out, but the monster in her devours any person who's unfortunate enough to run into her. She eats indiscriminately, tearing men limb from limb out of hatred for her husband, killing women out of jealousy, and eating kids out of misery.
Name: Basano
Personality: Obsessive, attractive, and manipulative, Basano gives an alluring quality to every object she possesses, through which she can see its surroundings and quietly observe people from inside their homes. She thinks she's clever and enjoys lying in wait for the perfect chance to strike, getting off to the sight of an unsuspecting victim.
Appearance: Well-endowed with a husky voice and a silky, red kimono, Basano actually isn't the type to draw attention, since few but the strong who can weed her out have the privilege of laying eyes on her. She's constantly trapped within a cursed object, after all. Once she's discovered, however, she takes the form of a beautiful, black-haired woman with paper-white skin, sharp liner punctuating the ends of her eyes, and full lips, both desirous and desirable.
Blood Demon Art: The power to possess objects and mask her presence.
Techniques: Hiding in an artifact allows her to slip into people's homes unnoticed and slaughter them, but she does this mentally rather than physically. Any room where the object rests falls under her influence, which allows her to manipulate furniture and small items within it to send them hurtling at the person who occupies it. She can release her hold on the item that stores her and manifest physically without compromising her ability to create a poltergeist effect.
Other: Based on the cursed Basano vase. I think I'll give this mission to Phyra and Kazu.
Backstory: Basano was the daughter of a day laborer who'd been exploited, underpaid, and worked to death by his avaricious bosses. She did everything she could to support the two of them, working several jobs of her own and seldom thinking about herself until she lost her father. A demon found the grief-stricken girl and turned her, giving her life a new purpose and directing her hatred toward the wealthy, as well as anyone with a more stable living situation. She enters the homes of her affluent victims through the vase she haunts, which changes hands at auctions in the sprawling oasis city in the heart of the Tottori Sand Dunes.
Name: Kenshiro Wanabe
Personality: A cocky, free-spirited adolescent who thinks he's tough and runs the streets, Kenshiro keeps up an intimidating front. He's played the part for so long, however, and grown accustomed to an authoritative position among rejects that it's become a part of him. Occasionally he's a foul-mouthed, power-tripping brat whose speech is loaded with slang.
Appearance: He has sharply angled, bovine horns that stick from the sides of his head but disappear behind a teal hooded sweatshirt. His choice of clothing is odd for the time and country in which he lives, but that's not unexpected from a rebellious street punk. Ken's messy hair is a soft, light brown like a normal boy's, though his ripped black jeans and beaten-up sneakers give him a harder look. His hands are almost always in his pockets.
Blood Demon Art: Big Clap
Techniques:
  • Knockout Clap: If an enemy's head gets wedged between one of his powerful claps, the jolt that's sent through his or her body is enough to make that person crumple to the ground, foaming at the mouth and losing consciousness.
  • Silencing Clap: All he needs to do is clap his hands, generating a shockwave that freezes any person or object he deems harmful in the vicinity.
  • Delayed Clap: The sound of his colliding hands quickly fizzles out, as if bottled up and denied the chance to ring. But after a certain number of seconds, it's released in an eardrum-popping burst of noise and suddenly strikes the foe where he or she is standing.
  • Staccato Clap: Claps in rapid succession, producing rushes of cutting air that weathers opponents.
  • Prism Clap: Claps vertically, horizontally, or diagonally, the spot between his hands representing his target's location and their angle determining how the attacks hone in.
  • Reverse Clap: Instead of smacking together and releasing air, his fingers spread around an empty pocket of air and produce a ball of energy. He can launch it at enemies, and when it pops upon contact, they're hit with the unfettered force of compressed gas.
Other: Kenshiro is good practice for Branch Leader Mori, who has an active forcefield of gravity up and doesn't need a Silencing Clap to sink projectiles. I wonder if Dolan, Akane, and Miyaji can take him? His name used to be Kenjiro, but then I realized that was the name of Koop's character in Geminos and changed it.
Backstory: He was a neglected rich kid whose parents were too busy to spend time with him, so he started hanging around the streets and found a home there, playing a hardened character to escape his pampered reality. Walking dark alleys is dangerous, however. One night he was beaten, robbed, and thrown onto a trash heap, waking up a demon with a bruised ego. Since then he's gathered juvenile runaways into a street gang that plagues the bustling city where it operates and leads them from the shadows. Kenshiro consumes those they assault or members who are no longer useful to him. Everyone assumes that the crime is a human problem and don't suspect that there's a demon pulling the strings, until one day a group of slayers is sent to investigate.

Find the new groups in each demon's "Other" section. Kenshiro is a modified version of a bio I posted a few pages back. I'm not sure where to put Samui or if
@Grand Master Koop is even planning to come back into this RP, but feel free to join Phyra and Kazu, or Dolan, Akane, and Miyaji, if you are. Not Kit and Sena, because they're in a lake, and your ice powers would probably freeze it over and insta-disable the demon. Where's the fun in that? :p

@Hecotoro I went ahead and made this round of demons but please go ahead and make some more when you have time, which we'll use right after! I don't want to have to do all this on my own in the future as I don't have that kind of time @.@

Last edited:
I went ahead and edited Basano (also changed the "a" in her name because that sounded like someone I know irl and it was freaking me out), the second demon. I didn't like her backstory and I'd written it on the fly late last night while staying up for some calc homework, so my brain wasn't working well. She's intended to be someone who hates rich people or anyone with a happier home life, basically.
What's the name of the place Akane has to go? So I can wake her up.
You can always come up with one, I just gave you the general plot, the small details are all yours. But okay, I guess I'll give you a name this time. How about the city of Korudo? Literally "cold" in Japanese. That's where Kenshiro will be lurking. Miyaji and Dolan will be your partners unless there are objections @OmnipotentOnion @ThAtGuY101

@kyuukestu You're not as active on this RP as you used to be (which is fine, same here) but I'm just letting you know that I have Phyra's next mission in my previous discussion post and Kazu @Clite of Dragonbow will be her partner. Ask me if you have questions.

I went ahead and edited Basano (also changed the "a" in her name because that sounded like someone I know irl and it was freaking me out), the second demon. I didn't like her backstory and I'd written it on the fly late last night while staying up for some calc homework, so my brain wasn't working well. She's intended to be someone who hates rich people or anyone with a happier home life, basically.

You can always come up with one, I just gave you the general plot, the small details are all yours. But okay, I guess I'll give you a name this time. How about the city of Korudo? Literally "cold" in Japanese. That's where Kenshiro will be lurking. Miyaji and Dolan will be your partners unless there are objections @OmnipotentOnion @ThAtGuY101

@kyuukestu You're not as active on this RP as you used to be (which is fine, same here) but I'm just letting you know that I have Phyra's next mission in my previous discussion post and Kazu @Clite of Dragonbow will be her partner. Ask me if you have questions.
Gotcha o7

Didn't even get an alert for that till the tag. I'll probably do a burst of activity over the weekend to wrap up what I've still got doing, and then move onto the next mission.

I was typing this long message from mobile and Mango beat me to it, but here’s what I was gonna say
Any chance I can add my demon into the fray?
If you mean Yoshi, he’s a Duke and way too strong for us to fight him yet. The royals are a much later arc and won’t be relevant for a long time.

But if you wanted to make a lesser demon that’s killed off this episode, feel free to. The demon slayers were split into three groups and I made three demons for each of them to fight this round, but if you want to make a demon instead, I’ll gladly switch out one of mine and save it for a future mission (probably Basano, since the RPers I’ve assigned her to haven’t started yet). I’m expecting my neighbor @Hecotoro to make the third round of demons but you can always split it, or even be in charge of the whole next missions arc.

You joined this RP pretty late so your only option is to make temporary characters, but there are ways of working around that. Like you could make a demon we’re supposed to kill, but fail to on our mission, and he becomes a recurring villain. You said you wanted to make a demon who was a former slayer, which would be perfect for that role. How he’d fit into the larger arc we’ve got going on I’m not sure (don’t know if you’ve heard of the Mystery Eater, or Father Sagi, or Saito or Mori or all those other villain bios that are buried in the earlier pages of this discussion). But maybe he doesn’t have to (or she, I just assumed you were making a dude since you’ve never made a girl to my knowledge :p) and can be a stand-alone enemy.

If you decide to make the next batch of demons for us to fight, or sub in for one of mine this round, you’d essentially be developing your own arc and running the RP, keeping us guessing where your demon’s lurking or claiming victims right under our noses. Or it could be a straightforward encounter like with @Hecotoro ’s demons in the first round, where we already knew where they were and the fight started right away. Whichever you want, the possibilities are endless.