• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Done/Fixed Avatar Stuck (Fixed!)

Soo.. I had my Fer.Al avatar since I made this account, but I really think it is a time for a change, something that speaks more to the person I am- so a bunny picture, go figure.

But my original avatar is holding tooth and nail. I've reset it, tried to change it to 5 different pictures, tried to change it on a phone. The site tells me that it has uploaded successfully but.. nope. Waited for a bit and it still doesn't seem to budge. Any idea for a fix?

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
This... is odd. Maybe clear your cache? And make sure you go 'all time' when you do.
As it is to me, your profile picture is some green and cyan bunny-like thing with a purple hat and eyes, is that what it shows for you? If not, then it is likely a cache issue.

This... is odd. Maybe clear your cache? And make sure you go 'all time' when you do.
As it is to me, your profile picture is some green and cyan bunny-like thing with a purple hat and eyes, is that what it shows for you? If not, then it is likely a cache issue.

What you described is my original avatar, yes. Apologies, forgot not everyone is familiar with the game.

Did as you said and unfortunately, it did not do the trick. The old avatar is still all that shows up, despite me not even having the file anymore. I am only capable of deleting it but when I try to input a new image- Bam, again. It somehow pulls it out from the data of the site itself.

~Rinko~

What you described is my original avatar, yes. Apologies, forgot not everyone is familiar with the game.

Did as you said and unfortunately, it did not do the trick. The old avatar is still all that shows up, despite me not even having the file anymore. I am only capable of deleting it but when I try to input a new image- Bam, again. It somehow pulls it out from the data of the site itself.
Hm, this is really weird. Especially since even the recent activity section on your profile says you've changed profile pictures...
Okay I just tried changing my own profile picture and it didn't work. This is probably connected to how some pages aren't accessible, but I don't know how...

Hm, this is really weird. Especially since even the recent activity section on your profile says you've changed profile pictures...
Okay I just tried changing my own profile picture and it didn't work. This is probably connected to how some pages aren't accessible, but I don't know how...

Oh, so it is a site-wide problem? In a poor sense, I'm honestly glad that I didn't manage to somehow break the site myself.
If it's mishap in coding or something, nothing we can do probably, but I'm sure a fix will come the moment it's noticed by the staff.

~Rinko~

Oh, so it is a site-wide problem? In a poor sense, I'm honestly glad that I didn't manage to somehow break the site myself.
If it's mishap in coding or something, nothing we can do probably, but I'm sure a fix will come the moment it's noticed by the staff.
Seems so. We just have to wait...

Hello! New member here. I am having the same issue with changing my avatar as above.

Whenever I attempt to upload a new image as my avatar, it changes my avatar to the first image I ever attempted to upload. I tried this with a few different images, and now it seems to cycle between three different images whenever I attempt to upload a new one, sometimes showing a different avatar in different places. (i.e.; on my profile, in the top right of my dashboard, and next to posts.) These images show up in the frame as they would be by default, regardless if I move them around.

I waited a few hours and am still having the same issue. I have deleted my avatar for now. Any ideas on how I could fix this? Thank you in advance!

~Rinko~

Hello! New member here. I am having the same issue with changing my avatar as above.

Whenever I attempt to upload a new image as my avatar, it changes my avatar to the first image I ever attempted to upload. I tried this with a few different images, and now it seems to cycle between three different images whenever I attempt to upload a new one, sometimes showing a different avatar in different places. (i.e.; on my profile, in the top right of my dashboard, and next to posts.) These images show up in the frame as they would be by default, regardless if I move them around.

I waited a few hours and am still having the same issue. I have deleted my avatar for now. Any ideas on how I could fix this? Thank you in advance!
Mm, I think this thread's kinda old and... they've been more issues since. This thread seems to have been from before the update to the current forums and that update brought with it some issues on this same topic.

Looks like the last times it happened to me were June 25th and July 3rd 2022, though, and that I've not had any problems since, but I might have just accepted it and forgotten if it's happened...

Mm, I think this thread's kinda old and... they've been more issues since. This thread seems to have been from before the update to the current forums and that update brought with it some issues on this same topic.

Looks like the last times it happened to me were June 25th and July 3rd 2022, though, and that I've not had any problems since, but I might have just accepted it and forgotten if it's happened...
Ah, got it! I wasn't sure if this thread was still active, but I didn't want to create an entirely new one since the question has been asked before. Thank you for letting me know!

Is there somewhere new I can go to get advice on fixing this issue?

~Rinko~

Currently having the same problem as @Snibble. A workaround for the avatar freezing is to use Gravatar instead, however I've yet to figure out how to solve this same issue with profile banners
As I mentioned earlier, this thread is kinda old and, at least initially, was not applying to the current version of the site.
Since upgrading to this version, there were more issues like this.

Persistence and cache clearing are what I think should fix it... if not try removing your profile picture entirely, saving, clearing cache, then reuploading? I dunno, it really has been a while since I changed profile pictures myself and thus run into this bug, after all...

I don't remember there being any such issue with banners though? I'm pretty much certain I've been able to change around my banners no problem...