• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

#700 - Sylveon

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
700-0.png

#700 Sylveon
[type=fairy][/type]
20446_info.png

Japanese Name: Ninfia
Classification: Intertwining Pokemon
Height: 3'03" / 1.0 m
Weight: 51.8 lbs / 23.5 kg
Egg Group: Field

20450_abilities.png

Ability: Cute Charm
Hidden Ability: Pixilate

20449_cryptidata.png

Revealed: Sylveon was revealed on the 12th of February, 2013 in an issue of CoroCoro, a Japanese magazine. It was just the sixth Pokémon revealed in Generation VI. The same issue of CoroCoro also announced that it would appear within the 16th Pokémon movie short, "Pikachu & Eevee Friends". The English name was revealed as Sylveon on 14th February on the official Pokémon YouTube channel and via Pokémon.com.

20454_pokedex.png

X: It sends a soothing aura from its ribbonlike feelers to calm fights.
Y: It wraps its ribbonlike feelers around the arm of its beloved Trainer and walks with him or her.

20453_locations.png

Evolve Eevee

20455_evolution.png

20518_700.png

Evolved form of Eevee. Eevee will only evolve into Sylveon on level up if its affection is maxed out on Pokemon Amie, and Eevee knows a Fairy-Type move.

20462_levelup.png

--- Disarming Voice
--- Tail Whip
--- Tackle
--- Helping Hand
Lv. 5 - Sand Attack
Lv. 9 - Fairy Wind
Lv. 13 - Quick Attack
Lv. 17 - Swift
Lv. 20 - Draining Kiss
Lv. 25 - Skill Swap
Lv. 29 - Misty Terrain
Lv. 33 - Light Screen
Lv. 37 - Moonblast
Lv. 41 - Last Resort
Lv. 45 - Psych Up

20469_artwork.png

sylveon_800px.png
Sylveon-Comp-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

20470_screenshots.png

Sylveon-1.jpg
Sylveon-2.jpg
Sylveon-3.jpg
Sylveon-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: *??? - Ninfia

I guess this one is growing on me because I like it more now than I did a few hours ago. As far as Eeveelutions go, Ninfia kind of falls short, but it's not the most horrible design for a Pokemon. I have no idea what type it could be other than Normal. Maybe Ribbon is a new type.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

ShinyZekrom009 said:
Judging from its appearance, I could venture a guess that this Eeveelution is the Psychic Type. I honestly don't know what else it could be.
I'm not so sure - we've already got Espeon. It's a really weird design, considering normally it's blatantly obvious what type an Eeveelution is. It doesn't strike me as Normal, although that's possible.

Rain mentioned in chat that it could be Flying - it's a slightly unconventional design for a flying-type, but the ribbons could symbolise flying. Who knows?

edit: Also, one of the pictures not shown in the scan in the Cryptidex is an in-game one - I won't add it to the Cryptidex proper until we get a decent shot of it:

Ninifa.png

The background might be completely coincidental, but I'm curious about what it's supposed to be. Might it hold a clue?

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: #??? - Ninfia

Considering that Eevee genders have a much higher male percentage verses female, I'm somewhat surprised how feminine this new evolution looks (even moreso than Glaceon which was already pushing it). The "ribbons" are just a bit much imo, but eh... It's not a bad design, it's just not a particularly great one either.

I'm calling Flying-type. That was the first impression I received upon seeing the pic and I guess others have felt the same way.

Edit: I've added a higher quality scan of Ninfia to the cryptidex entry. I think I like it a bit more now. ^^

Teapot said:
The background might be completely coincidental, but I'm curious about what it's supposed to be. Might it hold a clue?
The background looks like feathers to me, which indicates that Ninfia is a Flying-type.

From the game scan, it's very clearly using a Fire-type move. That means it /has/ to be Normal or Dragon, the only two non-visibly Fire-types that can blatantly use Fire moves. Normal seems very likely, but Dragon? Taking the color scheme into account, pink(or light red) and that light blue color could easily mean Dragon, as the Dragon-type is always represented by red and blue together. Yeah, it looks nothing like a Dragon, but neither does Altaria. Dragon would also finish the theme of Eeveelutions, being the "special attack" types. As not many things can use Fire moves out of the blue, the only other option is that each type of Hidden Power is now visually represented, and Ninfia is using Hidden Power - Fire in that shot. Could be Will-o-wisp, but meh.

Ninfia's overall feel and design is my least favorite out of every Pokemon to date. I don't mind that this is in the 'dex, as it was bound to happen, but considering the few Pokemon we know so far, I am not liking Gen VI for its original Pokemon right now.

Toastie said:
Teapot said:
The background looks like feathers to me, which indicates that Ninfia is a Flying-type.

If you're referring to the stuff around the edges of the photo, those are focus lines, used to indicate dramatic action.

I really like the color scheme. Actually, I'm wondering about the flying type now since the ribbons really look like wings in the screenshot.

"Leafia" and "Glacia" gave us some pretty obvious clues as to the types of the second most recent batch of eeveelutions-- does anyone have any idea what Ninf is short for? Nymph?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph According to Wikipedia, Nymphs basically are associated with gods of some sort and are known to animate nature, but that could mean anything. Regarding the god of all Pokemon, Arceus, he is a normal type, then you also have that dragons are rather mystical, and flight is generally associated with some sort of godlihood. However, given that she shines the way she does, I'm going to bet it will be a new type. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

What really has me wondering is how they'll have Ninfia (Nympheon?) will evolve, since with every generation that introduces an Eeveelution, some sort of new evolutionary mechanic is introduced. If it weren't for the Beauty mechanic being done away with as of 5th gen or already being used in 3rd gen, I'd say that it might have something to do with this. However, given that the overall feel of X and Y, that genes or DNA is somehow involved, I wouldn't place it above some sort of new "Beauty Gene", or something like that. Then again watch them make some new stone or something :I However, given that it is the only Eeveelution introduced (at least so far), I might say that Ninfia would have its own evolutionary mechanic that no other Pokemon would have, such as, again, Feebas with the Beauty meter.

Shocari said:
If you're referring to the stuff around the edges of the photo, those are focus lines, used to indicate dramatic action.
No, I mean the red-brown shapes in the centre. They look like feathers to me.

This might be a bit of a long shot but its translation might be something like Nimbeon (referring to "nimbus", which might imply a flying type). Apart from Normal and Psychic I would say it looks most like a flying type but I would be surprised if it turned out to be a normal eeveelution, although it's very possible.

Dragon typing would be amazing, but even though it will complete the special attacker theme I can't picture this thing as being a dragon.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Here's some fuel for the rumour fire - this is an official Infographic I got from the press pack Nintendo released with Sylveon. Note the emphasis on the Eeveelution's types and the fact that Sylveon's is still conspicuously not revealed.

eevee_evoli_graphic_en-736px.jpg

Last edited:
Teapot said:
Here's some fuel for the rumour fire - this is an official Infographic I got from the press pack Nintendo released with Sylveon. Note the emphasis on the Eeveelution's types and the fact that Sylveon's is still conspicuously not revealed.

eevee_evoli_graphic_en-736px.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7063681792/h56F6F4A5/

This is somewhat a more literal/theorized version of the official post. I'd buy it if it were a new type, since as of right now, Electric types only have one real weakness (Ground), and Sylveon just isn't a ground type. There's no way it can be (I refuse to believe it anyway). Then again, I'll also buy that its a flying a type that Jolteon can clip, granted that there's no way it will be Normal/Flying (I mean let's think, no other Eeveelution has double types, so why start now?).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Definitely liking Sylveon a whole lot more now that we've seen a bit more of it, and the trailer looks really nice! Whatever type it ends up being, I've come round to liking it, if only for the fact we can make so many theories out of it xD

I think I will like Sylveon a lot more if it ends up being a Flying type. Especially if it's pure Flying. If it can fly, that would just be the cutest thing ever. The new trailer is cool. I love the way the battle stages look, I can't wait to see some different terrains.

...I hate having such a shoddy internet connection. Then I have to phone post!

That said Sylveon is probably one of my least favorite Pokémon of all time because it gives me the creeps. Even if I can get past the atrocious design, those eyes stare into my soul. With all the rumors flying around, I do think that flying would be the most likely typing. However I don't rule out normal quite yet because I can totally picture Eevee getting a sort of genetically stable normal typed evolution. Seeing as all of the evolutions to date have babes indicative of their typing, Sylveon just seems...interestingly typical. Like the name Sylvia.

I'm calling Flying type on this after seeing the infographic and look into the name a little. Sylphs are mythical beings of air this is the closest word I can find other than silver which is a metal so that would equate to a Steel type presumably and this definitely ain't a Steel type

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Linkachu said:
Hah! So others noticed that too. Maybe we are reading into things too much but the arrangement of the various evolutions is rather suspicious. We can't chalk it up as a fandom thing either since it's an official Nintendo image. If the super effective theory ends up being wrong then at least it was an amusing coincidence. :8B:
I'm sceptical. I think that image was constructed that way because it made visual sense, rather than because of the Pokémon being super-effective against each other.

Mind you, I think Sylveon is probably Flying, but I deeply suspect it's a coincidence :p

You know what? You know Arceus's type ???, ?
I bet that Sylveon is going to be the ??? type.
I bet that ??? type is going to be love/light.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Luna said:
You know what? You know Arceus's type ???, ?
I bet that Sylveon is going to be the ??? type.
I bet that ??? type is going to be love/light.
Actually, the ??? type was removed from the game in Gen V. :) If we see a new type, it'll be entirely separate, and not a renaming of the placeholder type.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was watching the latest Pokemon movie trailer and decided to snap a couple pictures of Sylveon in Anime style. Take a look:

sylveon%20anime%20screenshot.png

sylveon%20anime%20screenshot%202.png

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It's really cute in the anime and makes me like the thing all the more. xD

Looking again at the Eeveelutions lined up together, I'm surprised by just how much taller the thing is, especially when the rest of the Eeveelutions have been kept just about the same size.

But yeah, I know after seeing it in the anime, there will be no question about me liking it or not.

Sylveon has eyes like the sky, although every evolution of eevee gave us the type by the name. Sylv- Silver (steel type) not so possible. Sylv - Silva means forest (bug type) but not possible since the appearence dont match. I wanted to share my thoughts xD . I hope it will be Normal type ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Demelza said:
Looking again at the Eeveelutions lined up together, I'm surprised by just how much taller the thing is, especially when the rest of the Eeveelutions have been kept just about the same size.

I thought that too, but it looks like it's closer to us than the other Eeveelutions are, though even taking that into account it does look bigger anyways. Its eyes are definitely rounder than the others, save for little Eevee itself ♥

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Re: New Pokémon To Be Revealed Next Week!

D r e a m said:
Take a look...
I've moved your post into Sylveon's Cryptidex entry - it seems more appropriate here then in an unrelated news entry :)

I agree with D r e a m Flying type is by far the most likely the only other possibility i can think of is a new type which if they did would probably be sound/music or light/fairy/magic and it could come under the second.

Also i was curious as to how it evolves and after some digging at bulbapedia i looked at the possible ways pokemon evolve and these are the ones i found after eliminating the ones already used,

-Leveling up to a certain level- Which i think would only work if there was only sylveon which is unlikely considering they've always come out in twos
-Level up with a certain move- Unlikely but possible
-Level up holding an item- More possible if its like a feather or something
-Unique conditions- Like another pokemon in the party (mantine), having an empty slot (shedinja), greater stats (The hitmons)-Very unlikely

Those are the unlikely ones to me but two stood out as very possible methods

-Trade- Trade is a very popular way of evolving pokemon and would work if it was with the other version or something similar or if maybe they hold an item whilst trading

-Gender- This is my favorite method for sylveon because it loooks very feminine if you got it to a certain level (like 30 or something)it will evolve this will mean it NEEDS to have a counterpart.

Now so far eeveelutions always come out in twos so i believe it will be the same this time and if it evolves via gender ^ it would look manly and be a manly type so its counter part would probably be one of the manly types,

-Steel
-Ground
-Rock
-Fighting
or possibly Ghost

Well thats my complete evaluation of Sylveon!

Ghosty said:
-Leveling up to a certain level- Which i think would only work if there was only sylveon which is unlikely considering they've always come out in twos
-Level up with a certain move- Unlikely but possible
-Level up holding an item- More possible if its like a feather or something
-Unique conditions- Like another pokemon in the party (mantine), having an empty slot (shedinja), greater stats (The hitmons)-Very unlikely

Those are the unlikely ones to me but two stood out as very possible methods

-Trade- Trade is a very popular way of evolving pokemon and would work if it was with the other version or something similar or if maybe they hold an item whilst trading

-Gender- This is my favorite method for sylveon because it loooks very feminine if you got it to a certain level (like 30 or something)it will evolve this will mean it NEEDS to have a counterpart.

Eeveelutions have always been used to demonstrate new game mechanics, such as time-based happiness evolutions for Espeon and Umbreon and location-based evolutions for Leafeon and Glaceon. I expect Sylveon will use the new mechanic that is often referred to alongside 'strengthening bonds' and 'interaction'.

It could be a Light type since there is speculation that they are adding a new type. :? I'm not sure how it will work but maybe dark is weak to it and light is weak to dark. If so sylveon would be a very popular choice since that is the mascot for the new type. If this is untrue sylveon would be a flying type -_- I hope that if it is a flying type it will be able to learn fly.

Attachments

• persona.png
    persona.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 541
i believe that the other eeveelution(they always come in pairs,) should be red, it would complete the rainbow of eeveelutions!

orange: flareon
yellow: jolteon
green: leafeon
blue: vaporeon
purple: espeon
pink: sylveon
brown: eevee
black: umbreon
white: glacieon (somewhat)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
snivy811 said:
i believe that the other eeveelution(they always come in pairs,) should be red, it would complete the rainbow of eeveelutions!
Glaceon is -not- white. :p None of its sprites are, and it's 'Dex colour is blue. So, I'm afraid that as nice as a theory as it is, it doesn't really hold up ^^

snivy811 said:

orange: flareon
yellow: jolteon
green: leafeon
blue: vaporeon
purple: espeon
pink: sylveon
brown: eevee
black: umbreon

I believe the "basic" rainbow colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Pink and brown are not part of that, and it is debatable whether black and white are colors. I've heard that white is all colors and black is the absence of color, and vice versa. So, instead of pink, brown, black, and white, there's indigo and red.

As for Sylveon being a possible Flying type, I can't argue about that. Even though it doesn't appear to be capable of flight, there has been Flying types that can't fly, such as Doduo/Dodrio. Also, it could have the ability to fly regardless of appearance. It reminds me of Shaymin Sky Forme a little bit.

I just thought of something. The move curse is a ???? Type move. Maybe the type for sylveon is supposed to be ????, a move type with a pokemon to finally match it

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Lucidia Goth said:
I just thought of something. The move curse is a ???? Type move. Maybe the type for sylveon is supposed to be ????, a move type with a pokemon to finally match it
That typing was taken out of the games a Generation or two back, actually. But yes, that was something that had been kicked around the internet for a bit as a goofy idea.

Well, the mystery behind this Pokemon is finally solved. We have a new type, for the first time in a while, Fairy type. I'm wondering about how this type will fit in(is it possible that there could be a Fairy-type Gym this Gen?), as well as some of this type's moves. Moonblast and Fairy Wind has been revealed, but what about stat-lowering/raising moves? And what else is this type not very effective on, super effective on, or not having any effect on? And what are its weaknesses/resistances/immunities?

So many questions @.@

(I'm also wondering about the Pokemon from previous generations that this type will be added to)