• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What city should the rp take place in?

• Chicago

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Seattle

• Los Angeles

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Las Vegas

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Detroit

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Miami

• New Orleans

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Atlanta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington D.C.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a lot of hope for this. So maybe we should organize some future events/meetups.

@MelodyMay You said you wanted to form a Hero organization. His do you intend to bring others in? Are you sending out a remote signal/message? Or will your brainiac sister be contacting super powered individuals specifically? Or do you intend to do something a bit more basic. Wait for hero sightings and track that area and whatnot?

Just curious how we'll be brought together.

Also, ooooh, sonic powers @Mockingchu? Could be veerry fun. I'd suggest using Bakugo as inspiration, but again, just a suggestion.

I'm noticing most of our superpowers are not accustom to handling Sky's air control.
Eh, Melty would handle herself against it...but I don't see the fight actually going anywhere. Actually, if this Sky follows the same build as CoDA's Sky, then Sonic powers should work on him.

Eh, Melty would handle herself against it...but I don't see the fight actually going anywhere. Actually, if this Sky follows the same build as CoDA's Sky, then Sonic powers should work on him.

Nooot really, unless there's some magic info I simply don't know about. If 'Melty' still abides by the basic rules as the rest of us, oxygen is very important. Not to mention having a highly viscous body inside a vacuum would....well.....*queue paper shredding noise*
Jeez Kyuu, pull yourself together. ;)

And same goes for sonic powers. Sonic powers are just fancy control over vibrations. Take away a medium for those vibrations to travel through, I.e air, and his powers will essentially dissapear.

Now I'm sure you've got some method for working around this, but in a straight up face to face death match, most could be killed in a rather boring way.

Nooot really, unless there's some magic info I simply don't know about. If 'Melty' still abides by the basic rules as the rest of us, oxygen is very important. Not to mention having a highly viscous body inside a vacuum would....well.....*queue paper shredding noise*
Jeez Kyuu, pull yourself together. ;)

And same goes for sonic powers. Sonic powers are just fancy control over vibrations. Take away a medium for those vibrations to travel through, I.e air, and his powers will essentially dissapear.

Now I'm sure you've got some method for working around this, but in a straight up face to face death match, most could be killed in a rather boring way.
Nai Nai. Melty's abilities are more physiology than Nukas' character. While Nukas secrets slime from his body and morphs his body into slime, Melty is just sentient slime, period. She doesn't have internal organs or any of the like, so the need for oxygen is moot. What she relies on is hydration, which is another issue altogether when paired against air manipulation.

The second point is true though, she wouldn't exactly do well in a Vacuum. However, she wouldn't rise to a boil instantly. She does have the ability to modify the viscosity of her slime, so she wouldn't be going poof in an instant. I'd probably have to play to increase the intermolecular bonds between her slime to counteract the changing air pressure to keep her liquid state though. Or instead, I'd create a membrane akin to the skin through means I haven't quite thought out yet lmao. That way even with her internals at a boil, she'd still be cohesive enough to function.

I'd probably need to have her adopt the characteristics of an amorphous solid, though let's talk about that once I've panned it out in my head lol.

At the same time though, Sky doesn't function well in a vacuum. CoDA's Sky, and the other iterations of him that I've seen aren't 100% air since they actually come with a massive weak point called his core. By my understanding, the creation of a vacuum would essentially leave his core exposed for someone to come up and start railing on.

I do indeed figure that localized vacuums might be possible, but not in very close proximity to his body.

Following that line of thought, since air will be present around his immediate core 24/7, sound manipulation is a clear shot as his weak point. Of course, this doesn't account for the creation of a vacuous shield or anything.

Edit:

Also, Straight up? Face to Face? Are you mad? Having Melty do that against anyone is tantamount to giving up.

Nai Nai. Melty's abilities are more physiology than Nukas' character. While Nukas secrets slime from his body and morphs his body into slime, Melty is just sentient slime, period. She doesn't have internal organs or any of the like, so the need for oxygen is moot. What she relies on is hydration, which is another issue altogether when paired against air manipulation.

The second point is true though, she wouldn't exactly do well in a Vacuum. However, she wouldn't rise to a boil instantly. She does have the ability to modify the viscosity of her slime, so she wouldn't be going poof in an instant. I'd probably have to play to increase the intermolecular bonds between her slime to counteract the changing air pressure to keep her liquid state though. Or instead, I'd create a membrane akin to the skin through means I haven't quite thought out yet lmao. That way even with her internals at a boil, she'd still be cohesive enough to function.

I'd probably need to have her adopt the characteristics of an amorphous solid, though let's talk about that once I've panned it out in my head lol.

At the same time though, Sky doesn't function well in a vacuum. CoDA's Sky, and the other iterations of him that I've seen aren't 100% air since they actually come with a massive weak point called his core. By my understanding, the creation of a vacuum would essentially leave his core exposed for someone to come up and start railing on.

I do indeed figure that localized vacuums might be possible, but not in very close proximity to his body.

Following that line of thought, since air will be present around his immediate core 24/7, sound manipulation is a clear shot as his weak point. Of course, this doesn't account for the creation of a vacuous shield or anything.

Edit:

Also, Straight up? Face to Face? Are you mad? Having Melty do that against anyone is tantamount to giving up.

Wasn't sure if she relied on oxygen or not, so I wasn't going to focus on that point as much. But that does make me wonder about how she speaks, lol. Does she create internal vibrations for sound? And if so, how does she project those vibrations in an audible fashion?

And of course I'm referring to a remote vacuum. Assuming Sky has complete control of air and wind, he could essentially form a vacuum bubble around specific targets.

With the ability to change her viscosity, a membrane is completely feasible, if you manage to form it in time that is.

And yes, I'm mad, I'm absolutely insane, utterly psychotic, and I love fighting. ;)

But let me state, I'm not talking about this out of anger or protest or such. I actually quite like a target who's hard to kill, I just like pointing out why others will lose so they spill information about there abilities.

Thinking about it, Cain might actually be able to survive Sky's vacuum. I mean sure he'll be a bubble afterwards, but he'd likely survive.

Wasn't sure if she relied on oxygen or not, so I wasn't going to focus on that point as much. But that does make me wonder about how she speaks, lol. Does she create internal vibrations for sound? And if so, how does she project those vibrations in an audible fashion?

And of course I'm referring to a remote vacuum. Assuming Sky has complete control of air and wind, he could essentially form a vacuum bubble around specific targets.

With the ability to change her viscosity, a membrane is completely feasible, if you manage to form it in time that is.

And yes, I'm mad, I'm absolutely insane, utterly psychotic, and I love fighting. ;)

But let me state, I'm not talking about this out of anger or protest or such. I actually quite like a target who's hard to kill, I just like pointing out why others will lose so they spill information about there abilities.

Thinking about it, Cain might actually be able to survive Sky's vacuum. I mean sure he'll be a bubble afterwards, but he'd likely survive.
Well, Melty is the only one who a vacuum outright kills if undefended. The rest are human so although their blood will rise to a boil in seconds, they'll still be conscious for a few seconds more.

I did play around with the idea of having her slime make letters for speech, but projecting vibrations for a voice is a feasible idea. If I were to think through how she projects speech, it'd say through the use of slime with varying refractive indexes to direct the waves. It'd need to be somewhat insulated though so that the rest of her body doesn't absorb the sound waves. I'll have to get back to you on this one. But I'm thinking something ending in a version of Young's Double Slit with something to split the sound waves along the way and then recombine them later. However, it would be set so that only the first wave of constructive interference comes out as her voice, and the destructive interference is what keeps her slime from projecting her voice from all directions.

Cain is the Zombie one, right? My thoughts were about the same, he's best suited to deal with a Vacuum... unless this guy
Name: Justice Flames

Has an internal source of combustion and doesn't require oxygen to continue burning. It's a green fire so shrugs. Since flames (which have an internal or otherwise provided fuel source) burn just fine in a vacuum and it would achieve is making the flame change shape.

Well, Melty is the only one who a vacuum outright kills if undefended. The rest are human so although their blood will rise to a boil in seconds, they'll still be conscious for a few seconds more.

I did play around with the idea of having her slime make letters for speech, but projecting vibrations for a voice is a feasible idea. If I were to think through how she projects speech, it'd say through the use of slime with varying refractive indexes to direct the waves. It'd need to be somewhat insulated though so that the rest of her body doesn't absorb the sound waves. I'll have to get back to you on this one. But I'm thinking something ending in a version of Young's Double Slit with something to split the sound waves along the way and then recombine them later. However, it would be set so that only the first wave of constructive interference comes out as her voice, and the destructive interference is what keeps her slime from projecting her voice from all directions.

Cain is the Zombie one, right? My thoughts were about the same, he's best suited to deal with a Vacuum... unless this guy

Has an internal source of combustion and doesn't require oxygen to continue burning. It's a green fire so shrugs. Since flames (which have an internal or otherwise provided fuel source) burn just fine in a vacuum and it would achieve is making the flame change shape.

Ahh, true true. Although his flames likely wouldn't be as potent and it would consume more energy not being able to feed off of the oxygen. So it would turn into a waiting game for one of there powers to fizzle out, which would likely be Fire Snake Boi due to Sky being able to feed off the virtually infinite supply of air. Plus we don't know how his flaming snake form would be affected by the vacuum.

And yeah, humans won't be killed instantly, as your body can handle just about anything for a few seconds, but they'd likely die of the internal damage shortly after.

Interesting concept for the vocal projection. But if you can affect your own viscosity, couldn't you essentially turn your throat passage into pure liquid and harden the lining of it into a rubber-like state? Sound waves/vibrations grow stronger in liquid so the vibrations would be amplified....buuuut I guess you may sound like your gargling every word. Hm, who knew this would be the challenge. Lol

~Power Talk Time with Kyuu and Zandman~

@MelodyMay Sorry for the bother, but I'd like some input on how we plan to move your concept forward.

@Deathstalker62 @Mystic Zander @kyuukestu @StormingCobra55 @Killerbunny @Spoiled Bread @Joelkjn @literally everyone else in this roleplay :D

I apologize for my unintentional hiatus! My boyfriend has a very odd work schedule where he works 80 hours with no days off before having a mini vacation immediately after. He just finished an off week and we were each others presence while we could.

His character sheets are almost done; he's just putting the finishing touches on Character number 4; these will be our main villains.

As for a hero organization, we can work on that. Where are we so far on such a thing? Between my own job and my boyfriend, I haven't had a lot of time to check in.

@Deathstalker62 @Mystic Zander @kyuukestu @StormingCobra55 @Killerbunny @Spoiled Bread @Joelkjn @literally everyone else in this roleplay :D

I apologize for my unintentional hiatus! My boyfriend has a very odd work schedule where he works 80 hours with no days off before having a mini vacation immediately after. He just finished an off week and we were each others presence while we could.

His character sheets are almost done; he's just putting the finishing touches on Character number 4; these will be our main villains.

As for a hero organization, we can work on that. Where are we so far on such a thing? Between my own job and my boyfriend, I haven't had a lot of time to check in.

It seems you both are rather busy nearly all the time. Perhaps starting a heavily involved rp wasn't the greatest of ideas if your going to be away so often. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just tossing that fact out there.

And we've made almost no progress on the hero organization. Wasn't that initially your idea? Did you not have anything in mind yet or did you want us all to work it out together?

@Mystic Zander I'm sorry that we are busy so often. We are not students like many of the members of this website; rather, we are both adults with full time jobs that unfortunately do demand a lot of our time. I'm sorry if this means that I should be excluded from the people who create a specific kind of roleplay; the idea seemed fun so I ran with it. However, I cannot deny that I may continue to be busy as if I ignore my job, I will be homeless and without food or warmth. My boyfriend and I will have nowhere to go. If you would prefer I shut down the roleplay due to my busier schedule, I would be glad to do so.

Ah, He didn't mean in like that, I for one know Zander is also a working adult who doesn't have copious amounts of time to spent on charms.

I believe what he was getting at is, the RP probably shouldn't be driven around your or your boyfriend's characters given that you won't be on with extreme frequency and any absence on your part means the whole RP freezes up until you come back.

Essentially, by 'Heavily Involved' he meant he means your schedule doesn't seem to permit your character being suppppper critical to the ongoings, and as such they shouldn't be 'heavily involved'.

Well, he means no offense by it .. He's just blunt.

@Mystic Zander I'm sorry that we are busy so often. We are not students like many of the members of this website; rather, we are both adults with full time jobs that unfortunately do demand a lot of our time. I'm sorry if this means that I should be excluded from the people who create a specific kind of roleplay; the idea seemed fun so I ran with it. However, I cannot deny that I may continue to be busy as if I ignore my job, I will be homeless and without food or warmth. My boyfriend and I will have nowhere to go. If you would prefer I shut down the roleplay due to my busier schedule, I would be glad to do so.

Yes, I get that. As I'm no longer in school and need to work myself. I didn't ask for you to break down the worst possible scenario for you and your boyfriend IRL, nor was I asking you both to drop everything and focus on the roleplay, that's a bit if an overreaction. I was just making a point clear so progress could be pushed forward somehow, with or without your input.

If you wanna shut this all down over one message, that's your call. I'd prefer to see it stay, but I'm just some dude in the rp threads, so do as you wish.

Well, he means no offense by it .. He's just blunt.

I prefer the term, 'Rudely Honest'.

I prefer the term, 'Rudely Honest'.
:T you're not helping my argument.
Maybe me and @Joelkjn can take the main villain part when you and your boyfriend isn't around @MelodyMay. Our characters do have quite a lot of power due to Victor's company and Nico's mafia so we can probably fill that role when you're not around
Psssshhh, you're all side characters to Melty grand ambitions.

Personally, I don't think there should be a 'main' villain. Each of the villains should go about their own thing and the heroes should just respond accordingly. Whoever's causing the most destruction will attract the most heroes... I guess

:T you're not helping my argument.

Psssshhh, you're all side characters to Melty grand ambitions.

Personally, I don't think there should be a 'main' villain. Each of the villains should go about their own thing and the heroes should just respond accordingly. Whoever'should causing the most destruction will attract the most heroes... I guess
Due to Nico having his mafia, even Melty should face troubles. And with his zombie power, there's even more trouble. And Victor could always morph into something that would counter Melty's abilities. And due to the fact that Victor is a business man, he does have the law on his side right now. This will obviously not be the case when he will reveal himself to the world

@kyuukestu "Main villain" is a looser term here than in most other forms of superhero media. This is, for the most part, an open world superhero rp but my boyfriend and myself are of the opinion that, without an overarching plot, these kinds of roleplays die and sometimes very quickly. I meant "main villain" in the sense of he will be affecting many of the larger plotlines directly, so as to keep things fresh and interesting.

@kyuukestu "Main villain" is a looser term here than in most other forms of superhero media. This is, for the most part, an open world superhero rp but my boyfriend and myself are of the opinion that, without an overarching plot, these kinds of roleplays die and sometimes very quickly. I meant "main villain" in the sense of he will be affecting many of the larger plotlines directly, so as to keep things fresh and interesting.
Interesting. Though i'd prefer that Nico and Victor have their own plots, i understand what you're saying. And after all, it's your roleplay so you have the most say in this. The offer still stands that we can be 'main villains' when the situation requires it

Which is completely fine. But we're trying to get the point across that since you both are so busy IRL, that we could all talk plot while your here, so we don't necessarily need you around to progress forward all the time.

Due to Nico having his mafia, even Melty should face troubles. And with his zombie power, there's even more trouble. And Victor could always morph into something that would counter Melty's abilities. And due to the fact that Victor is a business man, he does have the law on his side right now. This will obviously not be the case when he will reveal himself to the world
You assume Melty would ever try to fight them head on xD

You're suited to fighting the Heroes or organized forces, but not a lone Slime girl.

The mafia are a nice force, but they'll really interact with Melty since they'd hardly be able to catch her if she wanted to escape.

We'll see how your morphing plan works later.

As for the law? She's a villian :v Screw the law.

By all means, everyone should have their own plots. We're not discouraging that.

As for the amount of time I can spend here, and for my bf as well, we have hosted many ros before, just not here. We know the kind if time and dedication needed. Please show a little faith in us that things will pick up once his characters are posted.

You're suited to fighting the Heroes or organized forces, but not a lone Slime girl.

The mafia are a nice force, but they'll really interact with Melty since they'd hardly be able to catch her if she wanted to escape.

I think you're forgetting about the part that they're still around 400 years old. They'd probably have some sort of plan for those who are working alone. Maybe it won't really work on those who are pretty much made of slime but it would still cause atleast a minor inconvenience (i don't know if that's how you spell it xD). And Victor is also bound to have some sort of security. Otherwise it would raise some questions

Fair enough, and overarching plot will give us some drive to work with. I'm totally fine with that.

I think you're forgetting about the part that they're still around 400 years old. They'd probably have some sort of plan for those who are working alone. Maybe it won't really work on those who are pretty much made of slime but it would still cause atleast a minor inconvenience (i don't know if that's how you spell it xD). And Victor is also bound to have some sort of security. Otherwise it would raise some questions
You're still assuming that Melty is going to be attacking you or something xD

I don't even plan to go against you directly.

Eh, well you do you then XD

We'll see what I can do about all that.
I'll admit that our OC's probably will focus more on the 'bigger' threats but we'll be aware that any 'smaller' threats can catch us by surprise if we're not careful.

Which is why we'll be planning for the 'bigger' threats and the 'smaller' threats.

However you can still cause a problem for us since none of our OC's can't possibly know what powers everyone else has

I think it could be interesting if this RP worked like a TV show.

I’m using Heroes as a basis, since it is about super heroes.

What I mean is, what if we had ‘seasons’ or something of the sort? Where we face one villain at a time, and each time, they’re the current ‘main villain’. And each time one is defeated, the next one arrives, and we start a new ‘season’ with a completely different plot.

It could possibly work like this:

S1: Joakim
S2: Victor and Nico
S3: Melty
S4: Valeria
S5+: any new villains we come up with in the future

It would help us focus on one plot at a time while also develop and focus on certain villains a lot, but not all at once. It might be a little too chaotic if we tried that.

I’m not saying we completely scrap all villains except the main one in the current season (until it’s their time). Maybe just have them do minor things while the main focus creates all the chaos and anarchy.

I think it could be interesting if this RP worked like a TV show.

I’m using Heroes as a basis, since it is about super heroes.

What I mean is, what if we had ‘seasons’ or something of the sort? Where we face one villain at a time, and each time, they’re the current ‘main villain’. And each time one is defeated, the next one arrives, and we start a new ‘season’ with a completely different plot.

It could possibly work like this:

S1: Victor and Nico
S2: Melty
S3: Valeria
S4+: any new villains we come up with in the future

It would help us focus on one plot at a time while also develop and focus on certain villains a lot, but not all at once. It might be a little too chaotic if we tried that.
A good idea. But Victor and Nico are more like they're hiding in plain sight. They won't really be the first villains. They'll wait until the world has taken some damage already and then they'll strike

R.I.P random Bank Worker Woman #109, your presence shall be missed dearly. ;_;

Not sure how you all wanna handle that. The Slime didn't cover all of her body, just her torso up to her mouth, so it left her legs and head mostly exposed. It's not exactly the best cushion since it was more focused on stickiness, and even if it was a cushion it wouldn't have protected her whole body.

I figure she would have some very broken bones right now, and if she was really unlucky then she hit her head and... :angel:

Well...feel free to make of the hostages what you may, I guess @Sky5372 can probably save them.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

She won't be alone for much longer...

I'm really sorry I posted a bio and haven't been seen since, I've kind of been inactive on Charms for the past couple of days. I have been looking forward to being a part of the rp and I should have given people a heads up that I wouldn't be on. I'm going to post tonight hopefully and I hope you can forgive my absence.

R.I.P random Bank Worker Woman #109, your presence shall be missed dearly. ;_;

Not sure how you all wanna handle that. The Slime didn't cover all of her body, just her torso up to her mouth, so it left her legs and head mostly exposed. It's not exactly the best cushion since it was more focused on stickiness, and even if it was a cushion it wouldn't have protected her whole body.

I figure she would have some very broken bones right now, and if she was really unlucky then she hit her head and... :angel:

Well...feel free to make of the hostages what you may, I guess @Sky5372 can probably save them.
Uuuuurgh, do I have to?