• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

(sorry)

"I will, Teiran, but after the contest, I need help from the four of you," he said to Teiran. He settled Popplio down and petted its head lightly.

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier watched the performance from the waiting room. This is my chance...I have to give it my all..Dad...I hope you're watching me...Glacier thought. He smiled. "This is the start of something big...I can feel it." He said. Dragonair agreed in Pokemon speech and climbed on his arm.

Jonathan kept looking at Teiran. He regretted what had happened. The ordeal proved his bad side took control of him. He had to do something. He looked at Teiran's Popplio and decided to say it. "Teiran," he said. "I know... I'm not a nice person, I'm an overconfident Trainer, and I don't deserve anything at all, but I apologize for all of that. I want to be better. Will you forgive me?"

(also Yellow.anime plz join my PRP, Skeletal Fire)

Daniel wheeled himself out onto the stage, holding his breath as the curtain rose.

"Please welcome our next act, Daniel and Mightyena!"

"Mightyena, go!" Daniel began, throwing her pokeball high into the air. The wolven pokemon appeared in a cloud of floating black hearts, thanks to the seal on her pokeball.

"Mightyena, use hidden power first!"

And with that, Mightyena surrounded herself with a vortex of white bubbles, bouncing around inside them, as they snaked around the stadium, and then up towards the ceiling.

"And now, astonish!"

Mightyena leapt straight up into the air, releasing a sonic boom of dark energy with a clap of her paws... And the bubbles all popped at once, showering the stadium with a delicate white light.

Jonathan focused on Daniel's performance. Astounding! What intense training went into that simple excersise? And made it look cool? I'll try a Contest soon. Jonathan cheered wildly, then stood up in applause.

When she landed, Daniel gave his next commands to her.

"Mightyena, use rain dance!"

Mightyena danced about the stage, until a reasonably sized cloud had formed above her and Daniel...

"And now, use ice fang!"

The wolven pokemon's teeth became long, frozen fangs, as she leapt up through the cloud, freezing it solid. Snow began to fall onto the stage, in delicate flakes.

"Let's wrap it up!" Mightyena, finish with astonish!"

And she burst the snow cloud with the attack, resulting in a sparkling snow shower, as she landed in Daniel's lap, posing, as the applause struck up.

"What a way to open the contest! That's Daniel, and Mightyena!" the judge gushed.

"One bad play, doesn't make it a bad game." she said with a chuckle. "Of course I forgive you! We all have opinions, some are just not best to be shared!" she said with a bright smile on her face. She looked at how graciously Daniel was with his Mightyena. She stood up with Jonathan, and started to clap, as the whole crowd did the same.

He had never been given such a reply to an apology before! He was amazed with Teiran. He whooped and hollered for Daniel's Mightyena. "Hey, Teiran, can I perform at the next contest as well?"

"I wouldn't mind, you can do whatever you want!" she said, with a pleasant smile on her face, still clapping for Daniel. "Daniel sure put on quite the show, didn't he!" Teiran exclaimed, while she pumped up a fist. Then she cheered, "Go, Daniel!" to boost confidence that he could make it to the next round.

Then, the applause died down, and Jonathan sat in his seat. Popplio was whimpering, and he picked it up. "It's okay, Popplio. I'm here. The noise is gone, but Daniel did great, didn't he?" Popplio cheered in excitement, and Jonathan looked at Teiran. "I guess it agrees, huh?" Then he put Popplio on his shoulder so it could have a better view of whoever was next.

Daniel smiled up at Teiran as he left the stage, confident that he'd make it to round two.

He gave Mightyena a pokebean, before putting her back in her ball, and rolling backstage, where Glacier was.

"Looks like it's your turn next!" he said cheekily, winking.

Teiran giggled at Popplio's liking to Jonathan. "Yeah, he sure did!" Teiran exclaimed. "I wonder who's next!" Teiran said, as she was at the edge of her seat, eyes sparkling, hoping that something magnificent would happen from another trainer, or contestant. Teiran was so excited to see the wonderful acts from Glacier, and others, and Daniel's act was just astounding.

Duke watched, Charizard busy doing a mild protest outside, and was proud of Daniel's performance. Duke knew Daniel would move on, he just had to.

Now then, who is next?

After a couple more people performed, the judges announced, "Now, let's give it up for a new and up-and-running Coordinator, Kyle, along with his Vulpix!"

Kyle headed onstage and his Vulpix jumped off of his arm. Vulpix started the performance by using Icy Wind on the floor, making an ice-skating rink. It sped along quickly and used Ice Shard to make a ramp so it could jump higher into the air! As it sped along and went up into the air, it used Ice Beam and spun around, making a ball of ice around it, just like during its battle against Teiran's Pikachu! Finally, it used its newly learned move, Dazzling Gleam, and the ball of ice shattered into thousands of particles of pink light and clear, beautiful ice! Vulpix landed back on the ramp, skated over to Kyle, used Icy Wind to propel itself in the air, landed on Kyle, and bowed.

He stood up and cheered for Kyle, and Popplio cheered this time, too. Then, it bowed, as if it did the performance! Jonathan giggled, and when the applause settled down, he put Popplio on the arm connecting Teiran and Jonathan's chair.

Teiran clapped with the audience, and once it settled down, she laughed at Popplio's bow, and was happy it cheered. Teiran looked at the sleeping Rowlet in her arms, as it stirred around. "Boy, I wish I had all starters." Teiran whispered, happily rocking the Rowlet. It was super cute, and Teiran knew it.

Jonathan looked at the Rowlet, and thought of when his Decidueye was a Rowlet, too. They had fun conquering Alola's trials. "Teiran, can I tell you something?" He aked.

As he went backstage, Kyle got a call from Professor Kukui. "Yes, professor?"

"Remember that Litten you left with me, the one in the coma?"

Of course he did! That was his partner before Dartrix.... his number one best friend after he left Guzma.

He nodded.

"Well....it's finally awake!"

As if on cue, Litten hopped onto the camera and mewed. Kyle started laughing and crying simultaneously.

"Send it over... please!" exclaimed Kyle.

The professor did so, and Kyle held Litten's PokeBall in his hands. He let it out, grabbed it, and hugged it so tight, as if it would leave him again.

SaiyanDakon

"Please welcome...Glacier!"

Glacier stepped on stage and looked at the crowd. "Okay...Lets do it! Dragonair! Go!" He said throwing his Pokeballs into the air. Dragonair came out the Pokeballs that sparked with electricity. "Lets start of with Aqua Jet! In the air!" He commanded. Dragonair had water surrounding it as she ascended higher.

"Now, use Ice Beam while spinning in that Aqua Jet!" Glacier said. Dragonair obediently spun and use Ice Beam while ascending. The Aqua Jet froze solid and stayed put where it was. "Thunderbolt! Lets Go!" He shouted. Dragonair released sparks of electricity and the frozen Aqua Crystal began to shine until it cracked and split into icicles that connected with electric signals.

Glacier's performance looked stunning and complex. Marvelous, he thought. I hope I'll achieve that level with my Poke'Mon battling skills. But if I do this, that can also help me. "Go, Glacier! You can win this!" he cried. Popplio stood on his head and cheered in Poke'Mon speech, as if he told Glacier and Dragonair that they'd better win, or else.

SaiyanDakon

"Lets finish this! Dragonair...use Swift on the icicles!" He said. Dragonair proudly used swift and hit every icicle, which turned into stars and exploded into small fireworks. Dragonair then landed and coiled up. "Finished..." Glacier told himself. He was hearing applause from everyone in the stands like Daniel and Kyle.

Jonathan stood up in ovation for Glacier. His dramatic flair was excellent! He was inspired by this performance and he would perform at a nearby Contest. "Alright, Glacier! Whoop Whoop!" He then whispered in Teiran's ear, "Amazing, huh?"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier was pleased with the applause and also with Dragonair and bowed. He then left the stage and went back into the lobby where Kyle and Daniel where waiting. "Hey...I don't know if I made it or not....still..it was...a whole lot of fun!" He said, excited for the next round.

"We'll see who got to go the battle rounds shortly," Daniel assured them, "So, we gotta wait until then!"

And with that, eight different profiles appeared on screen. And much to his relief, Daniel was one of them.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier noticed that Kyle was on the screen, along with Daniel. He continued looking at the screen until he saw the eighth profile. It was Glacier. He made it to the battle round. "Dragonair...he pulled it off...it worked." He said, happy and sad the same time. Dragonair reassured Glacier by nudging her head on his own. He smiled at patted Dragonair's long snake-like body.

"Well, let's go and start our battles, then!" Daniel said happily, "I'll see one of you in the final round, for sure!"

And with that, Daniel left to face his first opponent; a man with a brionne.

"Serperior, go!" he ordered, tossing his ace's pokeball, to reveal the grass snake, and a cloud of pink flower petals.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier watched the battle on the screen and saw a Serperior that Daniel had sent out. Well...he's got a grass type from Unova. If I battle against him, It'll be a battle against two Unovain Trainers. Glacier concluded. He decided he was going to battle with Salamence and have the seal a dragon type seal with hundreds of ghost-like dragons that appear with the Pokemon, intimidate the opponent and disappear afterward.

Jonathan saw the matchup. Daniel's got this in the bag, Jonathan thought. A middle evolution weak to a final evolution gives the latter an advantage. Daniel's advancing for sure.

"Brionne, use bubblebeam!" the first coordinator ordered, as their pokemon sent forth a stream of colourful bubbles.

"Serperior, pop them with energy ball!"

Serperior popped the bubbles quickly, with bursts of green energy, covering himself in a sparkling shower, as the other coordinator's point counter went down.

SaiyanDakon

That Seperior isn't messing around...its strong....but so is Salamence. Glacier thought. He knew Salamence would be able to defeat Serperior. "Still...Daniel isn't one to be trifled with..but neither am I." He said to himself.

The other coordinator seemed thrown off, but he wasn't giving up yet. "Brionne, now use disarming voice!"

"Fat chance! Serperior, use petal dance!"

As a pinkish mist, decorated with little hearts and quavers came towards Serperior, the grass snake whipped up a storm of red rose petals, with collided with the mist. Yet again, the opponent's point counter buzzed, while Daniel's remained intact.

How was Daniel obliterating the attacks and staying calm? Jonathan longed to find out. Popplio jumped back onto him, and he sort of wrestled Popplio. Then, he refocused. Daniel wasn't showing a sign of fear anywhere.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier looked at the screen with intensity. Salamence glanced at the Serperior and glared. "How is he doing this?" Glacier asked himself. He must be really confident that he will win, maybe that's why he's so calm. Little does he know, if I make it to the finals and he does too, He'll be up against the son of Alder, champion of Unova. Glacier thought to himself. Salamence looked at Glacier and grinned, confident of himself. "Yeah...we'll beat our rival for sure." He told Salamence.

This time, Daniel thought that he'd make the first move. Seperior crushed its held item; a lum berry, between its teeth, before using vine whip.

The opposing Brionne tetaliated with ice beam, freezing the vine whip solid... And making Daniel lose some points. Regardless, he was calm as he gave his next order. The last thing that he could afford to do was panic in a contest battle. Panickers didn't win.

"Serperior, energy ball!"

"Brionne, moonblast!"

The moves collided, but in the end, it was the Brionne's move that was judged higher. Down went Daniel's counter again, leaving the coordinators even...

And now, Daniel knew just what to do to end it.

"Serperior, petal dance, one more time!"

"Brionne, use bubblebeam"

And as the bubbles popped, leaving the petals standing, the time up signal buzzed. Daniel was declared the winner.

"Nice!" exclaimed Kyle, as he saw Daniel win the battle. He knew that his battle was up next, so who should he use..... he grabbed Rockruff's PokeBall and got ready to go onstage.