• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

"He has?" Daniel began, "But why? Duke has business with Team Skull, too, so I don't know why he wants the spotlight all to himself. Anyway, the next battle is starting soon. I won't let anything get in the way of this contest."

Before he boarded the ship, Kyle sent a message on his RotomDex, specifically to Duke. "Duke, I'm headed to Poni Island to stop Team Skull, so if you're in, meet me in Seaford Town ASAP!" The announcer stated that the ferry to Poni Island was leaving, so he hurried onto it.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Good luck Daniel..."Glacier said. Salamence growled an approval. "You'll make it to the next round!" He said. "I know you will!" Salamence grinned at Glacier's enthusiasm.

"Thanks," he began, "I know that some of you might be thinking I'm a total jerk, for not wanting to go deal with Team Skull, but the fact of the matter is, being top coordinator is my dream, and I can't let anything get in the way of that. I can't drop everything and go on some crazy Team Skull mission, because if I do, my dream of becoming top coordinator here will never come true. I risked my health to be here, competing in these contests, and I will not give the one shot I have at my dream up."

SaiyanDakon

"When did I say you're a big jerk? I don't think that. You're a really creative coordinator. That's why you're my friend...also because you're from Unova as well." Glacier told Daniel. Salamence nodded rapidly as to say, "That's Right!"

"I worry that that's how I'm coming across," he answered, "But if you don't think so, then, I guess I'm not that bad, huh?"

He glanced down at Lopunny's pokeball, inspecting the seal. "Lopunny would freak if I got hurt by Team Skull, anyway. She's my service pokemon, but she's a little too overprotective of me at times."

SaiyanDakon

"I bet Zoroark and Loppuny would be best friends...She's overprotective of me..." Glacier admitted. Zoroark came out of the Pokeball and hugged Glacier, embarrassing him. Glacier blushed and said, "Like this...She knows what I'm feeling."

"The funny thing is, protecting me is her job," Daniel chuckled, "Lopunny was given to me, specially trained to care for me, when I'm out on the road. She knows everything about my illness, and hoe to treat me when I don't feel well."

SaiyanDakon

"Zoroark's purpose is similar. She is staying with me wherever I go, because that's what I did when I was taking care of her when she was a Zorua. I nurtured her back to health and decided to stay with me." Glacier explain. "I've been yammering for a while and you need to get up there and perform. Best of luck out there."

"Yeah, I suppose I do," he responded, "See you after my battle, I guess."

And he rolled onto the stage, sending out Lopunny. She struck a flamenco pose, as she was surrounded by blooming red carnations.

SaiyanDakon

(We should wait for Terian, I need her and Jonathan to be here.)

Glacier watched the Loppuny in the flamenco pose. "Impressive display." He said to himself. Daniel and Loppuny are a great combination, just like Zoroark and I. Glacier thought. He looked down at Zoroark who was lying her head on his shoulder. Glacier smiled and turned his attention back to the screen to watch the battle.

(Okay, what did I miss? Two pages is too much for me to read, without me falling asleep.)

Teiran was sitting in her seat, watching the battle at hand. Oh, she couldn't wait for her turn on stage, when she was up for her performance. Popplio hopped onto Teiran's shoulder, nudging her with her nose, hoping she would see how he was doing. Teiran took Popplio off of her shoulder, and hugged him.

Duke continued to watch. This had been quite the show, and the battles fierce, but it was also far from over. Duke couldn't help but wonder what Charizard was doing right now as he continued to watch Daniel go to work.

As Kyle boarded the ship, he sent the video he had intended to send earlier to Duke, telling him to come over to Seaford Town as soon as possible if he wanted to help take down Team Skull! Plus, while he was there, he could compete in some Contests.... he thought about how he had said he wouldn't do Contests anymore, but one bad experience wouldn't ruin this for him! He would get stronger...and stronger... and stronger!

(Not much except contest battles)

This time, Daniel's opponent came equipped with an Alolan Ninetales, who was released with a snowflake seal.

"Ninetales, use icy wind!"

"Quick, Lopunny, use protect!"

And with that, Lopunny put up a bright blue screen, which was immediately covered with ice. Daniel lost a couple of points for that, but he knew that he could bring it back with his next move...

"Now, Lopunny, use dizzy punch!"

And the frozen wall came crashing down, shattered by a flurry of glowing fists. The opponent's point counter went down by a significant amount.

SaiyanDakon

What's his plan for this? Glacier wondered. He somehow knew that Loppuny would have some fighting type moves or normal type moves. So Loppuny has Protect and Dizzy Punch...There's 2 more where that came from... Glacier thought. He knew that it would take any combo that performed spectacularly to have Ninetales's points go down.

"Now, Lopunny, jump up and use heal bell!"

Lopunny obeyed, and a golden bell appeared above her, scattering musical notations of various colours across the battlefield.

The opponent saw her chance, and ordered the ninetales to use ice beam on the ground... And when Lopunny landed, she slipped and fell, unable to get to her feet.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier watched Loppuny slip on the ice field that was made by Ninetales and Daniel's points went down for that. Contest are like Pokemon battles....They are to see who wins and who performed better..Glacier thought. Zoroark was still lying her head on Glacier's shoulder while watching Daniel on the screen. Rowlet in Terian's lap was sleeping. He knew that Glacier would have to face the Ninetales in the contest.

Daniel had to react quickly, lest he lose too much time to get himself back up to speed. "Lopunny, use dizzy punch, straight down on the ice!"

Lopunny knelt as rainbow fists connected with the ice, sending chunks of it straight up at the ninetales, who was coming in for an ice ball attack. One shard connected straight with the Ninetales' abdomen, knocking it back.

"You rock Daniel!" Teiran shouted, as she jumped up and down, Popplio doing the same, cheering for Daniel, in a sort of stupid way. It went something like this, "Daniel, Daniel he can do it! Alolan Ninetails kind of blew it! Don't you see that Lopunny, can do much more than look pretty?!" Teiran shouted this phrase two to three times, before she went back to cheering and clapping, and watching.

But the ninetales got up quickly, ready to attack again. However, it was now locked into ice ball, for at least the next two, or three turns. As a frozen sphere hurtled towards Lopunny, Daniel gave what he hoped would be his final command.

"Lopunny, use return!"

A blinding, pink aura erupted from Lopunny's fluffy chest, shattering the ice ball into a million tiny shards. With that, the battle was over, with Daniel being declared the first to go to the final round.

Lopunny bowed, before getting up and pushing Daniel backstage.

Teiran shouted and clapped for Daniel, shouting things like, "You rock, Daniel!" or "Way to get them!" Teiran was so happy for him, but now it was time to watch the next contestant. Teiran couldn't wait to see who was up, and she was hoping it was one of her friends. Popplio found a place on Jonathan's head, watching the stage intently.

Duke gave a round of applause. Daniel gave a marvelous performance and had every right to be proud. Duke turned his attention to the stage to see who was next.

(Godjacob, if you don't already know, my character is in Seaford Town on Poni Island, trying to take down Team Skull, so if that is something your character would like, have him join mine!)

The Seaford Town Contest was a breeze for Kyle. There were eight people competing in the contest, and after easily making it past the performance round with Ribombee, he battled his way through the battle round with Rockruff and Litten, who both had a knack for battling. He won his third official ribbon, and afterwards, he went to train his Pokemon before he attempted the upcoming Dragon type trial so he could see what Team Skull was doing past the Vast Poni Canyon, in the temple dedicated to Luanala and Solgaleo.

(Sorry I didn't know what was going on I'm a stupid Idiot! Sorry, Sorry!)

Akio was so thirsty that he drunk a random lemonade off the street and threw up 2 times!
"Bluh, what was I thinking?" Asked Akio. Cubone cried telling Akio that they lost all of the team.
"Oh no, I need to find them!" Akio said... "Right after I text Teiran to ask where they are because my Pokégear was fixed!"
Akio called Teiran with his Pokégear to ask where they were,
"Heya, eheheh, funny story Teiran...I lost you guys could you tell me where you are?"

Teiran felt a buzz on her pokegear, and as she picked it out from her pocket, she saw a text message from Akio. "We are watching Daniel, and Glacier, a new member, perform in a contest, down in...I forgot which city!" Teiran texted, trying to remember which city they were in. "Jonathan, question, what city are we in?" She asked Jonathan, as she turned to him, a pleading look on her face. She didn't want Akio to get lost from the group for good, and she hoped, after a long time from him, he would soon find his way back.

Akio saw her text and gave it a puzzled look,
"...Okay..." He said in a confused manner. The thought of them going far away was enough to make him shake
He picked up Cubone and saw a poster of Daniel's performance.
"It's not helpful if you just put a pokégear number...ARRRGH" He shouted drawing attention from a Sandile who liked his clothes and hopped on his shoulder.
"Wanna be my Pokémon?" He asked. Sandile shook and pointed to where the performance was held.
"Oh, okay..." Said Akio.

As he walked away from the Contest hall in Seaford Town, Kyle decided to call Teiran to check up on her. He entered her Pokegear number in his RotomDex and sent a message, telling her to call him ASAP.

Teiran got the text, and immediately called Kyle. "Hello? Who is this? What are you texting me?" Teiran asked, as she had no contact number or sign of who this person was. "Mom, are you calling me? Probably about Trinity, Ryan, and Ash. Have they already set out?" Teiran continued awkwardly.

Teiran sweat dropped. "Kyle, great to see ya! Yeah, we can talk, the next performer isn't on stage yet, but make it quick, because this might be the last call I can make for now." Teiran informed Kyle, as she looked behind her, seeing Akio. "Hey, glad you could make it, Akio!" Teiran said quietly, as not to disturb the phone call or the auditorium. She reached behind her seat and hugged Akio, telling him she'd missed him.

"So Akio is back from the dead I see?" Duke said with a grin, walking over to give Akio a pat on the back.

"Been too long my friend. Far too long." Duke said

"Ok, so I won my third ribbon and am taking on the trial here," started Kyle, "So... I dunno, just wanted to let you know. I'll meet back with you guys soon, OK?" Then, he hung up.

Last edited:
(Arsenal, please look on the discussion thread)

Teiran heard nothing, and accidentally hung up, in surprise of seeing Akio and his Cubone. Popplio jumped onto Akio's head as a hello to him, happy to see him again. Popplio also greeted Cubone, by blowing up a bubble, and popping it in his face. Teiran held up her Pokedex, seeing the words, "Call ended" Teiran cursed herself for being so clumsy.

(@JohtoTrainerGlacier where are you? We can't end the contest and move on without you!)

Daniel put Lopunny's vest back on, and let her sit in the lounge with him, while he fussed with the last of his pokemon for the event. He couldn't use Plusle; she was too small and weak... So who could it be...?

Akio grinned,
"Well I see your all lively as can be!" He said. "Duke, Ghost is my favourite type for a reason!"
Akio looked at Glacier and Daniel wanting to see who would win.
"I missed you guys and so did Cubone...which reminds me, this is Sandile! He explained.

"Cubone Cu! (Hey Popplio missed you buddy!)" Said Cubone.

Teiran looked at the cute little Sandile, as she pet it on the head. The scales felt really strange, not exactly hard, and a bit sandy. The pattern of black stripes made Teiran love the little sand type. "I need to catch one of those when I head to the Unova region!" Teiran said, as she continued to pet the adorable crocodile Pokemon.

As he ventured through Vast Poni Canyon, he saw a pedestal up ahead. He finally reached it, the Dragonium Z! As he walked over to it, a Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o, and the Totem Kommo-o hopped from the canyon top! Grabbing his PokeBalls, he decided to send out Ribombee, Dartrix, and Salazzle! Ribombee started the battle by using Moonblast on Jangmo-o, knocking him back, and then Salazzle used Fire Fang and finished it off! Dartrix then attacked Hakamo-o with Peck but was knocked back with Counter! Salazzle came to its rescue with Venoshock, Ribombee with Dazzling Gleam, and they knocked it out!

Totem Kommo-o was just getting started! It used Sky Uppercut and sent Ribombee and Salazzle crashing into the wall of the canyon. Ribombee used Moonblast and Salazzle used Fire Spin, but Kommo-o sliced through the Fire Spin and hopped over the Moonblast with great strength. It used Brutal Swing and sent Salazzle crashing into Ribombee. Dartric, however, wasn't done, and while Kommo-o was fighting the two other Pokemon, it used a series of Pecks and distracted it. Kommo-o used Dragon Pulse and damaged it even more! Ribombee used Dazzling Gleam and actually hit it, sending it backwards! Salazzle then used Poison Fang and poisoned it!

Kommo-o got back up and used Dragon Pulse on Salazzle, knocking it out! It approached Ribombee, who tried to fly away, and used Sky Uppercut, knocking it out as well! It approached Dartrix and used Dragon Pulse. Kyle thought it was all over from there, but suddenly, the dragon pulse turned blue, and from it, came... Decidueye! Plus, it now knew Brave Bird and Spirit Shackle! Decidueye used Brave Bird and sent Kommo-o backwards, and then used a series of Pecks to damage it even more. Finally, it used Spirit Shackle and knocked out Kommo-o! Kyle went to the pedestal, took the crystal, and cheered! Next up, beating the Kahuna, and after that........ he was going back to Akala Island!