• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Journey in Alola!

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier went on the contest field to find a contestant with a Dragonair, like him. "Zoroark! Battle Stance!" Glacier exclaimed as he threw the Pokeball with a darkness seal on it that had a black fog that covered Glacier and Zoroark. Zoroark then was released from the fog and grinned slightly. "Dragonair! Ice Beam!" His opponent shouted. The opposing Dragonair used an Ice Beam that was glowing brightly, but Glacier had a counter. "Zoroark! Use Agility!" He shouted. Zoroark dodged the Ice Beam with her elegant speed. "Now, use Night Slash from behind!" Glacier commanded. Zoroark moved behind the Dragonair and attacked it with a swift Night Slash, knocking it down. Rowlet cheered from Terian's lap and then went back to napping.

"Still on the offensive, eh?" Daniel commented, "I wonder how the final round will play out..."

He glanced down at his ribbon case, finding his uncle's first contest ribbon inside. Uncle Alexander had been the only one to support his dream of becoming a coordinator, at first; everyone else had told him that it was too dangerous, on accountbof his illness, but he'd gone for it anyway. And now, five years later, he was certain that he could become top coordinator, like he'd always dreamed of.

Hapu, the Kahuna, had been easy to beat in a three on three. First, she used her Alolan Geodude, which Vulpix beat with a single Ice Beam! Next, was her Mudsdale, who Vulpix managed to damage with Ice Shard but was knocked out. Next( although this was a risky move) was Rockruff, who, as a result of gaining experience, evolved into Midday Form Lycanroc! Lycanroc used Crunch and a series of Accelrocks and Quick Attacks and managed to avoid any damage, knocking Mudsdale out. Finally, there was Rhyperior, that knocked Lycanroc out with one Earthquake! Decidueye went next, and it got hit with Earthquake, too, but Kyle was resilient and had it use Spirit Shackle, stunning it for a split second, and surrounded the Spirit Shackle attack with Razor Leaf! Then, it used Leaf Blade, and finished the battle off! He had beat the Poni Island trials and got Grondium and Dragonium Z! Now, he was going to go back to Akala Island and gain his confidence once more!

SaiyanDakon

The opponent was startled about her Dragonair and lost points for the Agility and the Night Slash by Glacier's Zoroark. "Dragon Pulse!" She shouted. Dragonair used Dragon Pulse to possibly disable Zoroark of using Night Slash. Foolish...Zoroark is too quick for this...Glacier thought. "Flamethrower!" He shouted. Zoroark countered the Dragon Pulse with its burst of flames that sparkled. The two moves combined into an explosive firework display that exploded in front of both Pokemon and filled the arena with thick smoke.

"Well...Let's get interesting..." Glacier said to himself, "Zoroark, use Agility in the smoke!" Zoroark looked back at Glacier to figure out why, then got the idea. She used her speed to confuse Dragonair into thinking there were more of her. Dragonair and her trainer looked confused. The plan was working! "Now...Use Focus Blast!" He commanded. Zoroark seized the opportunity and charged a large Focus Blast that looked covered in flames that took a direct hit on Dragonair, knocking it back and making her trainer lose points. The smoke cleared and Dragonair looked like it couldn't continue. "Dragonair! Stay strong and use Thunder!" The opponent commanded. The Dragonair stood back up and used a Thunder on Zoroark. Zoroark dodged it barely but was still hit on her claw. She winced in pain and lost a few points.

"Zoroark! Use that electricity on your claws and use Night Slash!" Glacier exclaimed. She unleashed her claws and attacked Dragonair with its speed and graceful motions. The electricity also transferred to Dragonair, making her paralyzed. This result had lost points on Dragonair's Trainer.

Teiran clapped for Glacier, shouting the chant, "Glacier, you've got one fine nature! You will rock it, won't be hasty! Er." Teiran said, trying to make it rhyme. Teiran was getting a little tired of cheering, so she sat down, and Popplio hopped off of Akio's head, and onto Teiran's shoulder, as he nudged her with his snout.

SaiyanDakon

The timer blared 00:00 with Glacier going into the finals. Well....looks like my prediction was right...two Unovian trainers face off...Glacier thought. He congratulated the opponent and her Dragonair for making it this far. Glacier went into the lobby and saw Daniel. "Well, looks like two trainers from Unova get to challenge each other. What a coincidence." He told him. Zoroark was in a cheery mood for making it into the finals. "I look forward to facing you in the finals." He said, smiling. He pulled a thumbs up at his friend. "I might not win against you, but i will have fun." Zoroark agreed with a slight snarl.

As he headed back to the Contest hall, Kyle was still wondering how Glacier had beat him. He only managed to hit Rockruff once and didn't even show off his Pokemon's finesse or elegance, which Rockruff DID. This didn't matter now, he got a ribbon on Poni Island! He went into the hall and saw Glacier! "Hey, Glacier!"

SaiyanDakon

Glacier heard someone call his name and turned to see Kyle running toward him. "Kyle! I'm guessing the trial didn't take long, did it?" He asked, excited to see him back. Zoroark grinned and greeted Kyle happily. "Kyle and I are going to face off in the finals, I might lose though."He said, not worried.

"After this contest, I'll have three ribbons left to win," Daniel said confidently, looking down at his ribbon from Hau'Oli city, "And after that, it'll be me who leaves Alola as the top coordinator!"

"I'm sure, Daniel!" exclaimed Kyle. "Unlike you, I already have three ribbons! I grew a lot from Poni Island, and although I lost this Contest you are STILL competing in, I'm ready to take either of you on!" Then, he remembered something. "You know what, you guys enjoy your battle, and I'm going to go complete Kiawe's trial!" He left the room and prepared for his upcoming battle.

Daniel glanced up at the screen, as the presenter announced the coordinators about to battle for the Paniola Town ribbon.

"Showtime," Daniel commented, wheeling away to his side of the stage.

As he reached the top of the volcano, Kyle reached Kiawe, who told him to beat the Totem Salazzle, who hopped out and attacked immediately along with two Salandit! Kyle used Litten, Salazzle, and Lycanroc! Totem Salazzle started the battle with Flamethrower, which Salazzle countered with Fire Spin! Both moves cancelled each other out. Litten used Bite on one Salandit, and Lycanroc used Accelrock on another! However, both Salandit countered with Poison Tail, blocking their attacks and even poisoning Lycanroc! Both Salandit attacked Lycanroc with Venoshock, and knocked it out! But while they were distracted, Litten used Scratch on both of them and sent them to the ground! It then used Fire Fang, grabbed both, and hurled them into the wall of the volcano, knocking them out. Suddenly, Litten evolved into Torracat!

Meanwhile, both Salazzle used Poison Fang on each other, and while they were locked, Totem Salazzle used Assurance and slammed Salazzle away! Then, it advanced on Torracat with Fire Blast! Torracat was knocked backwards, but got up. Salazzle and Torracat both used Fire Fang on Totem Salazzle, but they were knocked away with Poison Tail! Torracat and Salazzle both got up, but now, Torracat was poisoned! Totem Salazzle approached Salazzle and was about to finish it off with Flamethrower, but Torracat leaped in the way and saved it! However, it was knocked out. Torracat gave Salazzle a chance to use its newly learned move: Poison Jab! It knocked the totem Pokemon back, and then, it used Poison Fang, followed by Fire Fang! Totem Salazzle was helpless, and was knocked out!

Kiawe approached Kyle and handed him the Firium Z! Now, Salazzle and Torracat could use Z-Moves!

SaiyanDakon

Glacier went up to the stage and went to his side of the arena. "Hey Daniel! Get ready to meet my new friend!" Glacier said, too determined to care who wins and loses. "Lycanroc! Standby!" He commanded. A midnight Lycanroc appeared out of the Pokeball with stones that floated around him, thanks to the seal he put on it. Lycanroc glared at Daniel with sheer determination and gestured a "come on" movement as if to say, "Bring it on!". Glacier grinned and wondered what Pokemon Daniel would send out. If i lose this, I'll know I'm ready for it, i just need to work harder, He thought to himself.

Last edited:
Daniel smirked at his opponent, before sending out his pokemon for the match. Rock types didn't have very pretty movepools, so he had to wonder what was going on here... Regardless, he sent put Serperior again, and he appeared in a flurry of red rose petals. Once again, he'd been equipped with a lum berry, so he could petal dance without having to worry about confusion.

He decided to make the first move. "Serperior, use vine whip!"

Teiran got scared for a minute. She didn't, and wasn't, going to cheer for either of the two. They were both her friends, and she both wanted them to succeed, but she knew only one could. She crossed her fingers, hoping there would be some kind of draw, or a cancelation of both of their Pokemon.

SaiyanDakon

"Lycanroc! Use Fire Fang!" Glacier commanded. He raised Lycanroc well and knew just because Serperior was a grass type, doesn't mean it would be a win for Daniel. Lycanroc rushed himself with great speed and was surprisingly agile, then his fangs burst into flames to counter Serperior's vine whip attack.

Daniel remained calm as Lycanroc came towards Serperior, and the grass snake's vines crossed several meters away from him.

"Grab it by the legs!" Daniel instructed.

Serperior's vines snaked around Lycanroc's lower legs, intent on throwing it to the other side of the stadium

Jonathan shuddered. Daniel was doing good, so was Glacier. He didn't know who to root for, the grabbed and petted Popplio for comfort. "Who do you think will win, Popplio?" Jonathan asked. Popplio pointed at Daniel and said something in Poke'Mon Speech. "Daniel, huh?"

"I kind of hope Glacier wins. I mean, he has't one a ribbon yet, unlike Daniel, who has." Teiran said, sharing her opinion, as Popplio pointed to Daniel. "But I really hope it's a draw, or something." Teiran hoped, crossing her fingers.

"Oh, I didn't want anyone to win, either." Jonathan rubbed Popplio's belly, then it used Water Gun, drenching Jonathan. "Hey! Now I'm wet," Jonathan playfully yelled, then he and Popplio giggled.

"You and Popplio seem to be great pals!" Teiran said as she gave the two a close eyed smile. They were great pals, and Teiran came to a thought that she couldn't bare think about. What if Popplio wants to be Jonathan's Pokemon? The thought made Teiran sad, thinking of how her first ever Pokemon could be with someone else.

"Although I love Popplio, I think it should be your Poke'Mon. Your first Poke'Mon never leaves your side, no matter what, right Popplio," Jonathan asked. Popplio jumped around on Teiran's legs and cheered. Then it settled on her legs. "I'll help you with Popplio, and I can battle with it for you, if you want."

OOC: @Yellow.anime you need to reply to Skeletal Fire.

Teiran looked at Jonathan, marveled that he had almost practically read her mind. Teiran pet Popplio on the head, and then heard Jonathan. "Huh? Sorry, I'm confused on what your saying." she said, strangely looking at him, as if he had a pencil sticking up his nose.

"Look, I'll help your team get stronger, and I'm asking you if I can help you in battles by temporarily being the Trainer. I have been at this since I was 8, so you can trust me."

SaiyanDakon

Glacier had a glow in his eyes and grinned. This is something he expected from a Serperior and Daniel. "Lycanroc, Stone Edge..." He said. Lycanroc released large stones from the ground and hit Serperior with them to get free from the Vine Whip. I might not win, but if do...I'll give my ribbon to Daniel...its not my dream to be a top coordinator. He thought. Rowlet looked at Popplio and hopped on Jonathan's head to sleep there.

Last edited:
(That's autoing, so I'll pretend that that didn't happen. Edit that. Now)

"Now, Serperior, use magical leaf!"

The grass snake's tail began to glow bright green, as he swung it from side to side, and a flurry of colourful leaves erupted from around him. This, Daniel was certain of a surefire counter.

SaiyanDakon

"Lycanroc! Jump up and grab Serperior's tail!" Glacier commanded. Lycanroc jumped in the air and swooped down to grab the tail of that giant grass snake.

(Serperior is on the ground)

"Quick, Serperior, use energy ball!" Daniel ordered, "Now!"

Serperior's magical leaf abruptly stopped, and he glanced up the lycanroc, before obeying the command. A reasonably sized energy ball was shot at Lycanroc, as Serperior coiled up.

SaiyanDakon

(I know...Lycanroc just jumped up to grab Serperior's tail.)

Lycanroc was hit badly by the Energy Ball, which lost some points for Glacier. He grunted and commanded, "Lycanroc! Run towards it!" He tried to have a plan with Serperior, but it was difficult. Lycanroc got up and ran towards the towering Serperior. Its now...or never.... He thought then grinned.

"Now, Serperior, show everyone your signature move! Petal dance!"

Daniel knew that petal dance was a risky move, but ot looked great, both in battle, and in a performance... And he'd come prepared with a lum berry, for the confusion it caused.

Serperior conjured up a radiant storm of cherry blossoms, as his master sat back and waited for the results.

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc was hit mercilessly by the Petal Dance but stayed well enough to continue. "Lycanroc! Fire Fang!" Glacier shouted. Lycanroc's sharp teeth burst into flames like last time but this time, Lycanroc's eyes were a darker red than normal. "Do it! Bite it now!" He commanded. Lycanroc at Serperior and attacked with his flaming mouth.

Daniel grimaced, as he was shown the risk of using petal dance... Serperior was locked into the move, for this turn, leaving him wide open. To command him to dodge was completely useless.

Serperior took the fire fang in the stomach, thus ending his dance. Daniel wasn't going to let that setback stop him, though...

"Serperior, use energy ball!"

SaiyanDakon

"Oh no you don"t...Lycanroc! Knock it back with Stone Edge!" Glacier exclaimed. He saw the Energy Ball rising into power, but that wasn't going to stop Lycanroc. He's too bulky for this kind of thing...but at least he's powerful enough to take on fully evolved Pokemon. He thought quietly. Lycanroc quickly punched the ground and stones came flying out of it to cancel the Energy Ball and to hit Serperior.

The energy ball exploded on contact with the stones, resulting in a sparkling green shower over the battlefield... And with that, Daniel began to worry. Two unsuccessful attacks in a row wasn't going to result in a win for him. He had to do something quickly, if he wanted that ribbon...

"Serperior, magical leaf again!"

Understanding the urgency of the situation, Serperior whipped up another flurry of leaves, which headed straight for Lycanroc. He hoped to neutralise the opposing pokemon quickly.

SaiyanDakon

"Not going to happen..." Glacier muttered. "Lycanroc! Brick Break!" He commanded. Lycanroc broke through the leaves without stopping and charged at Serperior with astonishing speed. His claws grew into fists and kept charging while glaring at Serperior.

"Fat chance! Serperior, throw it back with vine whip!"

The grass snake made two vines cross over in front of his chest, to act as a slingshot, of some sort, for when Lycanroc came towards him. The second that Lycanroc was within range, it would be shit to the back of the stadium...

SaiyanDakon

Lycanroc was running toward a trap set up and Glacier had to put a stop to it. "Double Team!!" He shouted. Lycanroc used its agility to create copies of it while it was still holding Brick Break. The copies and the real one went in for the attack to finish it.