• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A journey through Johto! (Discussion)

Hello. I was hoping to join the RP as well.

Name: Rick Buggs
Height: 5’3
Physical appearance: He is a slightly tanned young boy, with dark green eyes and short, brown hair. He has a scar on his shoulder from a pokemon battle, where he defended his weak pokemon.
Defining feature: He usually carries a huge net to catch pokemon with and has a long, yellow straw hat.
Clothing: He wears a long, yellow straw hat. He usually wears a dark green shirt and some light green shorts. He wears black and white sneakers, that show they have been through many landscapes.
Personality: He is known to act impulsively. He dislikes any pokemon that isn’t a bug-type, making his team rather weak. He is usually alone, but if he gets to know any person better, he might get along with them.
Pokemon team: Scyther
Region of origin: Kanto
Likes: Bug-type Pokemon, travelling between places, and fighting pokemon battles.
Dislikes: Bug-type haters, people who put down his pokemon for being weak, losing too many fights.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Hello. I was hoping to join the RP as well.

Name: Rick Buggs
Height: 5’3
Physical appearance: He is a slightly tanned young boy, with dark green eyes and short, brown hair. He has a scar on his shoulder from a pokemon battle, where he defended his weak pokemon.
Defining feature: He usually carries a huge net to catch pokemon with and has a long, yellow straw hat.
Clothing: He wears a long, yellow straw hat. He usually wears a dark green shirt and some light green shorts. He wears black and white sneakers, that show they have been through many landscapes.
Personality: He is known to act impulsively. He dislikes any pokemon that isn’t a bug-type, making his team rather weak. He is usually alone, but if he gets to know any person better, he might get along with them.
Pokemon team: Scyther
Region of origin: Kanto
Likes: Bug-type Pokemon, travelling between places, and fighting pokemon battles.
Dislikes: Bug-type haters, people who put down his pokemon for being weak, losing too many fights.
A bug catcher? Should be interesting, accepted!

Last edited:

Jayblade

@JayTaku, are you talking about Jake's Raboot, or Storm's Alolan Vulpix that his on his shoulder. Also I hope you do not mind that I brought in Storm's Espeon. Dawn is Alice's eevee big sister.
Jake’s Raboot. Should’ve probably been more clear on that one. I don’t mind about him bringing in his Espeon.

Last edited:
Alright, I finished the bio.

Name: Skylar Glaze
Height: 5'4
Physical appearance: Skylar is kinda slim also with skin that is a little pale. Her eyes have a sapphire-type of color eyes long eyelashes. Her hair is long and wavy, with a chestnut type of color almost reaching her legs, but likes to put in a messy bun.
Defining feature: She mostly likes to explore the world and likes to meet many new people and Pokemon.
Clothing: Her attire is mainly a dark, reddish-color, hoodie with a Pokeball on the back also followed by black tights. She also wears pink, circular glasses.
Personality: She can sometimes be a bit hyper sometimes when excited, but mainly is calm and relaxed.
Pokemon team: Bellossom
Region: Johto

Last edited:

Jayblade

Alright, I finished the bio.

Name: Skylar Glaze
Height: 5'4
Physical appearance: Skylar is kinda slim also with skin that is a little pale. Her eyes have a sapphire-type of color eyes long eyelashes. Her hair is long and wavy, with a chestnut type of color almost reaching her legs, but likes to put in a messy bun.
Defining feature: She mostly likes to explore the world and likes to meet many new people and Pokemon.
Clothing: Her attire is mainly a dark, reddish-color, hoodie with a Pokeball on the back also followed by a green plaid skirt. She wears dark brown boots as well with long, black, knee socks. She also wears a tan fedora with sunglasses on the top.
Personality: She can sometimes be a bit hyper sometimes when excited, but mainly is calm and relaxed.
Pokemon team: Bellossom, Pidgeotto, and Mareep
Region: Kanto
Accepted!

Medic said Jake though?
Before you post medic had not made a post for a couple of posts in the thread. @LunarSilvally, said Joltz, which is the electric type eevultion that Sean had. I just reread the posts and it does not say anything with Jake, and the closest that I could find was Joltz for both of them. Medic also said Joltz as it is her character's pokemon. Sorry if I am coming off a little rude, I have had a long night and have work in five hours.

@BloodRedRobot

LunarSilvally said:
she said pulling out three Luxury balls until they popped open revealing an Absol, Bayleaf, and a Nickit.

JC was with Sean at the entrance of Route 29, with Jake's last known location being in the lab.

BloodRedRobot said:
Jake looked at the Nickit with a small smile.

"Heh...bit nice to see something that reminds me of home," he said, and bent down a bit to look at the fox like pokemon

This was the post you made directly after the post of the passage I quoted. The only way your character would have been able to see the Nickit was if he looked out the window, but he wouldn't have been able to interact with it at all due to JC, Sean, and their Pokemon being around Route 29. Nowhere near where your character is.

I'm not mad or upset, I'm just showing how this is confusing to me and hopefully you see it. XD

We could say there are other Pokémon in Johto but they're just really rare? Like there are some that traveled to Johto with their trainer and got released there or something like that?

Also, @JayTaku, not that it really matters but Eliot is spelled with one L. Named after photographer Eliot Porter (never heard of him before but I found him on Google when writing my character sheet lol)

Here is Sean's full team:

Raichu (from a Pichu), Electabuzz (from an Elekid he caught in Johto), Jolteon, Meganium (from a Chikorita), Lanturn (from a Chinchou), Spiky-Eared Pichu, Ampharos (from a Mareep), Bellossom (he brings in another Gloom from Professor Oak's lab during his adventure), Jumpluff (from a Hoppip), Sunflora (from a Sunkern), Leafeon

Some of these Pokemon will be more or less battle ready than others.

For Alice I think I might make her Eevee her partner pokemon, and not evolve her at all. I like the idea of her having an eevee that is just like her.

On the subject of other pokemon, I would say that Kanto pokemon should be fairly common as they share a land bridge. Also since Hoenn and Sinnoh are close to Johto, their pokemon may be uncommon when found in the wild. Since after this regions are further away, and seeem to be on the other side of the planet, the pokemon from these regions should be very rare, and maybe even pokemon releases. Also bird pokemon would be able to be caught as bird pokemon tend to travel anyway. Water types should be the same, but I would stay away from region specific forms of pokemon.

@JayTaku, this is how I would sort out this issue of pokemon from other regions.