• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Mysterious Island

Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-mysterious-island.19120/

Day 1:

Augusta's stomach churned and flipped as a small catamaran she'd hired cut through the sea swells on the way to an uninhabited island. The ship's captain was quiet and didn't offer up much conversation. Augusta was a lab assistant for a small research clinic in the Unova region. She had taken a flight from Castelia City to Melemele Island in the Alola region where she found a local to ferry her several miles out to sea in search of a mysterious lsland said to be uninhabited by humans. This field expedition was her first big assignment and while she had done everything she could think of to prepare, her confidence was wavering. It was her job to document any pokemon on the island and make notes on their behavior in a setting without human influence. The problem was, Augusta wasn't positive the island was truly uninhabited or if any pokemon would be living there at all.

She scanned the horizon, partly looking for the island, partly trying not to get sick. Wingull and Pelliper sailed overhead, that was a good sign land wasn't too far off. Finally in the distance a solid shape came into view, stoic against the choppy seas. The captain gurmbled,

"I be back in a week, like you asked," he was silent for a minute, then, "I won't go lookin for ye, so better be on the beach, ready to go come Sunday."

Augusta nodded, clenching her fists nervously. She enjoyed her alone time, but this sort of solitude...was slightly terrifying. At least she wouldn't be completely alone, in her bag were three pokeballs, friends to help her on this assignment.

It wasn't too long before the sound of the hull running up on sand cued Augusta to jump ship and wade the rest of the way to shore. The captain tossed over her supply bag and gave her a solemn wave,

"I'll be back Sunday."

She checked the time, it was only 11 am. The water was warm and about knee deep. With her shoes flung over her shoulder, Augusta slowly marched toward the shore. It was time to set up camp.

Christopher awoke with a jolt at the sound of voices around him. At the moment, all he saw was a sky with blue and white, the clouds decorating the sky like icing on a cake that appeared so distorted due to his state of mind... If he knew what it was. He couldn't feel his body for several seconds following his awakening and only when he mustered the strength to fling his chest and head upright to see around did he notice just where he was. Notice, yes, but he really had no understanding of it. Why was he even here?

Bringing his right hand to his face, he wiped off some of the water from his face. Was it water? He had no idea considering he had no idea why he was on the shoreline of some... territory. His head was throbbing dramatically and he raised his hands to both sides of his head and closed his eyes. However, the confusion of why he was here overwhelmed his headache and he looked around once more. That's when Christopher took a look at himself.

"I... remember wearing these clothes..." Christopher said softly, his voice sounding horse and scratched, almost as if he was losing it. "Why... am I...?"

That's when the images came back to him.

"What is with that Wailord!? Why is it so angry!?" Christopher yelled to himself over the massive crashing waves along the side of his boat. It was like any second now he would become enveloped in a throbbing and swaying ocean and it scared the life out of him. Just a few meters away there was a Wailord who was slamming it's enormous fins onto the water and causing tsunami like crashing waves onto the side of the boat and jolting it over and over. "Ngh! Wailord!! STOP!" What a pathetic way to end the behavior of the pokemon but at this rate, he was S.O.L. and could feel the underside of the boat lacerating and the ship was slowly starting to sink downwards which meant too much water was getting in Somewhere. The last thing he saw was a large tail from Wailord smashing into the body of the ship and snapping it in half and crippling the structure completely. Drifting apart, Christopher fell off the deck and hit the water, unconscious before he even make contact.

Finally, he mustered up the strength to stand up and get a look around. Christopher felt along his belt line and indeed found the Eevee and Caterpie pokeballs. Such a relief it was to know he wasn't exactly alone. But the lack of sounds on the shore minus the water was a little unsettling. Wingull and Pelipper were nowhere to be seen and so, he shuttered. Before anything else happened, he set off towards the treeline to see if he could find anything or anyone...

"Eevee! Caterpie, come on out!"

For a few days, all Billie saw was blue. The sky and the ocean, they were so blue. She was starting to get sick of it. Maybe she started going in a wrong direction? What if she ended up being lost in the middle of the, seemingly, infinite ocean, miles away from home, no way to get back...

Billie closed her eyes. Think positively, she repeated over and over to herself. Negative thoughts wouldn't get her anywhere. All she had to do was trust her instinct, and of course, Marble's, her Lapras', sense of direction, too.

Marble. Billie hoped he wasn't getting too tired, with all this swimming, and her on his back too. Billie could sleep, but Marble had to stay cautious and awake. "You alright there, boy?" She asked, and got an ensuring yelp in return. "Alright, good to hear. But, soon we'll be on land, and you'll get plenty of rest."

Land. Where was it? Billie was trying not to lose her hope. Ai, her Aipom, could sense her doubt, and snuggled into her side. Billie smiled fondly. She shouldn't be such a downer around her Pokemon. Billie wouldn't want to worry them.

Marble let out another yelp, and Billie's head turned quickly in the direction of where they were heading. An island was in view. "Could it be...?" She said quietly.

As they were nearing it, all of Billie's doubts were drifting away. She couldn't keep a smile off when face. Ai seemed happy too.

The moment Marble stopped on the shore, and Billie jumped into the ground (oh, sweet ground. She never knew how much she would miss it.), still getting used to standing, she let out a mighty shriek. "We're here! We're here!" She repeated, over and over. Ai jumped around her, as excited as she was. Billie calmed down after some time, and took a moment to breathe in the island air. She looked at the rows and rows of trees lining the edge of the jungle. "We're here," she said, determined.

It was quiet except for the sound of light ocean surf crashing on the beach. The wingull and pelliper that had been sailing with the boat were nowhere to be seen. Augusta kicked the soft sand beneath her feet as she walked closer to the tree line. She wanted to set up a base camp that could be seen from the sea, but not so close to the water that the tide would flood her tent. She reached into her brown satchel and pulled out one of her pokeballs, already feeling the crushing pressure of solitude, she didn't want to be alone.

"Come on out, Lulu!" In a flash of red light, a little Pidove appeared. Lulu cooed nervously, not recognizing her surroundings. "Lulu, we're going to be camping out here for a few days, could you have a look around to make sure it's safe?" Lulu's attitude changed immediately when she was given a task to focus on and without any hesitation she took off to scan the shoreline and circle overhead.

Augusta had her eyes to the sky and listened intently for the sounds of pokemon.

When Ray woke up, he saw nothing but blue skies and the face of his Heracross. "H..Heracross...? Wh...what happened? I was just on the ship..." His Heracross helped him up, as Ray was feeling too much pain to get up by himself. It was then that he noticed. The cruise ship he was on is nowhere to be seen. Also, Heracross and him were on a floating piece of the ship. Suddenly, a Golbat flew into view. It flew around the piece of cruise ship with glee. "Gol! Golbat!" Ray suddenly had a realization. "Wait... If you and Golbat are here..." He said to Heracross. "Where's Flaafy!?" Heracross pointed behind Ray. "Hera." Ray turned around and saw Flaafy tucked in the fetal position rolling on the piece of cruise ship. "Flaafy! Thank goodness you're okay!" Ray said as he gave Flaafy a hug. He then looked forward and saw an island. "Heracross, let's paddle." Ray managed to push through the pain and paddled towards the island with Heracross. Golbat flew around them. Flaafy, however, was staring at the island with a look of fear on his face. He seemed to understand the danger of he situation better than anyone else.

"Rrrnrrrr?" Caterpie muttered as he knocked down some berries and leaves from the top of a tree. From there, Christopher and Eevee caught the berries and let the leaves float down for Caterpie to chow down on. Meanwhile, the fruit dropped down and after some twenty berries and forty small leaves, Chris and Eevee as well as Caterpie began eating their lunch. He wouldn't admit it, but Christopher was starving and he wasn't even aware of where he was or how long he had been unconscious. Due to the sunlight, his body was mostly dry and his clothes were dry and ragged.

"My xtransceiver is broken unfortunately... I wish we could contact Dad or something...! Maybe he would know where we are." Christopher spat out, taking another bite from a Sitrus berry and swallowing it with ease.

"Eev?" Eevee mumbled as she handed Caterpie one of the last berries. The bug pokemon happily took it and chowed down, unknowing that this was the second to last one. So, Christopher split it into three and all of them had an even amount of food. It would hold the pokemon for likely a day while Christopher would need more food within a couple of hours. In his time of school, he learned which berries were healthy and which were really just for pokemon. So, he would need to use this skill at full priority.

Caterpie finished eating and crawled up the arm of Christopher and began dozing off on his right shoulder while Eevee dug out a small hole in the dirt and used her bushy tail to snuff the leaves into the ditch before covering it back up. It would act as a secret Caterpie stash for now.

"Well; let's high tail it for a couple of hours. Maybe we'll run into a town or... who knows."

"Cooo! Picoo!" Lulu cried, she had spotted something.
"What is it Lu?!" Augusta shouted, her throat tight with anxiety. Lulu took off to the south a bit over the forest, then nosedived. Did she find a bug pokemon? I hope she doesn't eat it before I get there! She thought, panicked, "Wait up Lu!!! We're here to study, not eat!"

Augusta crashed through the underbrush, cursing at herself for not putting her shoes on before letting Lulu out. The ground was soft and covered in decomposing leaves that concealed pebbles that were very painful to step on. She listened hard for Lulu and what she heard surprised her, footsteps, running footsteps and then-SNAP! Right in front of her a boy was hurriedly running and shielding something green from Lulu's relentless peck attacks.

"LULU, NO! Return!" Augusta screamed with anger at her pokemon's bad behavior. She held out the pokeball, clicked the button and in a flash of red, Lulu was inside. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know anyone would be here! I just...I...what are you doing here?" Augusta noticed the boy was carrying a little Caterpie.

"Well I WAS just finishing my food until that pokemon attacked." Christopher groaned as he held out his Caterpie. "Are you okay, buddy?" He was delighted to see his Caterpie was indeed safe and unharmed.

"Rrrnrr!" Caterpie turned to face the person confronting them, apparently the owner of the bird who had just attacked. Eevee also jumped into defensive formation in front of Christopher but Chris wasn't so ready to attack at all.

"What are you doing here as well...?"

"I'm so sorry about my Pidove, she really isn't always so bad I'd just asked her to make sure it was safe to set up camp..."Augusta felt out of place and intrusive, this was not at all what she was expecting to find. She found it hard to talk and while the boys Eevee was cute, it looked ready to attack,"I..I'm a pokemon researcher, th-this is my first expedition. My name is Augusta, but please call me Auggie." She held out her hand to shake, hoping to smooth things over after Lulu's attack and maybe get some information about the island. Maybe there were people here afterall.

Christopher accepted her hand shake with Caterpie perching on his shoulder. As soon as their hands touched, Eevee lowered her fur and rested, realizing that it was an accident and that she wasn't going to harm him whatsoever. "Nice to meet you... I'm Christopher. Uh, where are we?" Christopher mumbled as he looked around at the trees and the shoreline several hundred yards out. "I don't know what this place is at all." He found himself a little happier now that he knew someone on the island - If something went wrong he had a friendly person to rely on.

After about 15 minutes of paddling, Ray and his Pokemon arrived at the island. "Uuuugghhhhh!" Ray fell over, onto the sand. "We're finally here..." Golbat flew around, while Heracross and Flaafy fell over beside Ray.

Augusta was befudled, Christopher didn't seem to know where he was and judging by his clothes it looked like he'd been though an ordeal. Was he a castaway? Augusta immediately regretted not bringing a radio.

"It's nice to meet you, Christopher. And..well...according to the charts back at the lab this is an uninhabited island called Isla Perdue, I came here to document pokemon. I'll have a boat come to pick me up in a week." Augusta awkwardly gestured her hands around in an attempt to be sarcastic about the apparent lack of pokemon. "I, uh, I know you just ate but if you'd like to join me I was about to set up camp and have lunch? "

Christopher went to speak in response to the kind gesture from the girl before Caterpie leaped up into the air with a warm wiggle.

"Rrrrnrrr!" Caterpie chirped loudly at the sound of the word, "lunch." Clearly, his insect friend never gets full and is always hungry. Chris wasn't going to complain since after all, Caterpie needs food to evolve into Metapod. So, Christopher chuckled and rubbed the top of Caterpie's Head.

"We'll gladly accept your offer, researcher." Christopher said with a smile, grabbing his Eevee and hoisting her onto his opposite shoulder so she didn't have to trek through the grass or trees. She could remain relatively clean while Chris could get to where they were going. It was a win-win.

Ray got up, and scanned his surroundings. "Alright guys, let's go find some food-" He then noticed the disappearance of his Golbat. "Golbat? Where did you run off to?"

In reality, Golbat was way ahead of them. She was trying to find some food when she noticed Christopher and Augusta. "Gol! Bat! Bat! Bat!" She shrieked rather ecstatically, while flying around them.

Augusta was delighted to oblige feeding Christopher and his pokemon. It made her happy to see Caterpie so excited, this was the perfect opportunity to repay the little bug type for having to deal with Lulu's attack.

"Follow me back this way, I'm setting up on the beach." Augusta turned and led the way out of the trees. As soon as they hit the sand, Augusta had thought karma came back to bite because a Golbat was shrieking ecstatically around her head.

"Whoa! Wh-what the?!" Augusta was about to start swatting when she noticed someone a little further down the beach, another person! And he had two pokemon following him. "Hey! Is this Golbat yours?!"

Christopher ducked down and held onto his own pokemon to protect them with full effectiveness. "No, I don't own a Golbat! That has to be a wild pokemon! It's good to see some kind of activity out here besides us." Christopher joked. "Any ideas, researcher!?"

Eevee jumped off of Christopher and lit up its own tail and prepared to launch a swift attack if the Golbat proceeded and made any offensive moves. For now, it was just voicing itself but if it escalated, the bushy tailed pokemon was prepared.

"Uh, yeah!" Ray shouted. "I'll take care of her!" Ray ran over to Golbat, his other Pokemon not far behind, with sand all over his slightly ripped and blood-stained shirt. Golbat noticed Ray and flew over to him. "What the hell! Don't just yell at people like that Golbat! You need to learn to calm down!"

Augusta looked back and forth between the two boys and their pokemon. They didn't seem to know eachother, but they both wore tattered clothes and looked quite hungry.

"Ok...I'm not sure what's going on with this island but I'm guessing you two aren't on vacation..." Augusta looked to the new boy whose shirt was bloody, "Please, join me for lunch. I have enough for all of us for at least a few days...but not enough to last the whole week until my boat gets back." Augusta was trying to remain cheerful but the prospect of running out of rations weighed on her. Why didn't I pack a damn radio she scolded herself.

She plopped down her supply bag and pulled out a cooking pot and a bag of quinoa.

"I don't suppose anyone knows water gun, do they?" She addressed the pokemon, "If not I have a water filtration system but it will take awhile..."

"Don't worry, we'll find something worth while in between now and that week you have." Christopher said with a cheerful grin. "If anything, Eevee, Caterpie, and I will go scavenge for fruits and leaves tonight if we're all sticking together."

Caterpie, at the name of leeves, grew active again and bounced up and down on the shoulder of Christopher. "Rrrrnrrrr!" He was very excited indeed.

"My only concern is... why is everyone getting here by boat? That means this place doesn't have a proper airport... is it abandoned?"

Ray was delighted to find other people on this island, especially one that has supplies and food! "Thank you very much ma-am!" He said as he sat down criss-cross. Heracross bowed down to Augusta as to say "Thank you." Flaafy fell over and fell asleep instantly. Golbat landed behind Ray quietly, with a sad look on its face. When Ray sat down, he felt someting in his pocket. He pulled it out, and it's a Pokegear! "My Pokegear! Hopefully I'll be able to call for some help with this-" He turned the power on, but the screen remained black. "Whoops, it's broken."

"I'm sure you two have been through a lot, I can tell you what I know about this island, which isn't much..."she smiled apologetically. "This is Isla Perdu, a supposedly uninhabited island. If there is an airstrip, I don't know about it." It was still mid afternoon, but Augusta wanted to finish setting up camp as soon as possible.

"So what's your name? I'm Augusta, a pokemon researcher. I came to this island to do..well...research." Augusta felt slightly frazzled, she certainly wasn't expecting to be feeding castaways on her expedition. She felt around in her bag for the right pokeball. "Come on out, Lampy" A Lampent was released. Lampy regarded the guests nonchalantly and just hovered in place.

Augusta excused herself from the group, "I'm going to filter some sea water and collect some driftwood for a fire, I'll be back in a little while." With that she took the cooking pot and walked down the beach, instructing Lampy to pick up stray sticks and carry them back to the campsite. The weather began to get overcast and the blue skies were disappearing.

"Alright, be safe~" Christopher said with a smile as he waved his right hand, He would've waved with his left but Eevee was already occupying it, rubbing her fur between his fingers to make sure no twigs or grass were tangled in it. He stifled a chuckle as he pet his pokemon while Caterpie sat between his legs chewing down on some leaves. He was sitting, afterall, against a log that had fallen over which he pulled all the way to the area they were setting up camp. It would be the place he would rest against while he helped his pokemon do their daily business.

Looking up at the sky, he frowned as he saw the last patch of blue skies get snuffed by a thick set of clouds. The humidity in the air was climbing and he could tell rain was going to be present any minute now. "Great." Christopher muttered as he lifted Eevee into his lap. "Maybe we'll all get wet together."

During the small amount of time between Ray sitting down and now, he and the rest of his Pokemon fell asleep. You know what they say, like Pokemon like Trainer.

(OOC, Gotta go, I'll be able to rp again at 4:00 pacific time)

Augusta was gone for quite awhile, filtering sea water into fresh water for their dinner. Lampy had been able to gather a good amount of dry drift wood for the campsite and had already taken the liberty of starting the campfire so it would be ready for his trainer.

The sky was getting darker and the horizon grew fuzzy with rain off in the distance. Augusta hurried back to the camp and found one of the boys already asleep with his pokemon.

"Okay, Lampy I got the water, could you get started on dinner while I put up the tent?" Augusta was glad to have a resourceful pokemon like Lampy with her on this trip, especially now. Back home, Lampy would always help in the kitchen and while he wasn't very emotive, he took obvious pleasure in cooking. Augusta put together her tent, which was really only big enough for two people but it would have to work.

"Well guys, it's gonna be tight tonight, but it will be better than sitting out in the rain." Lampy was finishing up the pot of quinoa, he had even prepared chopsticks for everyone to use. "Thanks, Lampy! You're a very thoughtful chef." Lampy's flame seemed to take on a pinkish hue as if he were blushing. Everyone had to eat out of the cooking pot, but for the pokemon Augusta provided a few handfuls of sitrus berries and some generic canned pokemon food.

As Augusta ate her dinner, she watched the clouds darken and her appetite faded. So far, there had been no sign of wild pokemon on the island, but two stranded trainers and some bad weather. She didn't have a good feeling about what would happen over the next week.

"I appreciate this a lot, Augusta. I don't know if I would be doing so well if you hadn't attacked me with your pokemon." Christopher joked with a smile. "You're pretty neat~"

Eevee nodded and agreed with Christopher, apologizing for sounding hostile when they met for the first time. Caterpie was too busy sleeping on Christopher's shoulder.

"By the way, I'm fine sleeping out here. I'll find a tree to nap under so you don't have to suffer the intense heat of two boys in a tent with you." Chris said with a chuckle. "As much as I love being warm, I make good forts."

The rain came in as a light shower, it was warm and the humidity was almost suffocating. Augusta looked over at the sleeping boy with a bloodied shirt and wondered if she should be worried about his health as the week carried on. Then there was the matter of his pokemon who seemed equally exhausted. Although Christopher kept in good spirits, she wondered if he had injuries he was keeping to himself. Augusta returned Lampy to his ball and put it back in her satchel. Then, she pulled out her last pokemon.

"Buckley, I could use your help," she said quietly and released a gorgeous Sawsbuck in his summer form. "Please, could you use your aromatherapy tonight?" Buckley stood proudly in the rain, then shook his leafy antlers. Flowery scented water droplets flew in all directions and instantly an air of calm and serenity enveloped the camp.

"Saww." Buckley honked, he was enjoying the warm rain.

"You want to sleep outside tonight, buddy?" Augusta patted his neck. Buckley was tall, able to see eye to eye with Augusta, and his antlers stretched to over five feet tip to tip.

"Sawwwsbuck." Buckley snorted with approval, the rain would be good for him especially since it wasn't cold out.

"Alright, just don't go wandering off," Augusta scratched behind his ears and smiled. Buckley was a loyal pokemon with a caring nature and having him out made her feel safe and comfortable despite the circumstances. As the fire petered out in the rain, Augusta crawled into the tent and fell asleep.

(Thank you all so much! I'll be back on tomorrow night around 7:00 PST)

It turned out the island was less eventful as Billie hoped it would be. Not only that, but it started to rain, and while it wasn't of the cold sort, it still managed to annoy the already irritated Billie.

"Perfect," she mumbled, finding shelter under trees. Ai looked down at her, as the Aipom was hanging above her in the trees, worriedly. Billie tried really hard not to be a buzzkill, especially in a place as beautiful as this, but she couldn't ignore the fact that her hidden expectations were crushed. She realised she couldn't handle isolation very well, even though she had her Pokemon with her.

Well, a Pokemon to keep her company. Marble was inside his Pokeball, getting a well-deserved rest. Billie wished he could see more than just the sea. Although the lack of humans and Pokemon ended up not being Billie's favorite thing, she tried finding a bit of comfort in the beauty of the island. Except, it was getting harder and harder to do so, since all of the vibes kept smacking her in the face.

Billie sighed. "I came here by free will, I better enjoy this as much as I can." She closed her eyes and forced a smile on her face. Shouldn't positivity in a negative situtation result in a positive outcome? That's what she'd heard. It better work.

Meanwhile, Ai climbed to the top of the trees and noticed something strange - smoke coming from a certain place. She got excited and immediately jumped down on her trainer. "Easy, girl," Billie said, trying to keep her balance. "What's up?" She asked, worried there could be danger somewhere. But Ai jumped out of Billie's hands into a tree and started swinging from it to another, and so on, with a surprising speed.

"Hey, wait up!" Billie shouted, and started running after Ai, managing not to trip on any root. In one moment, she sented smoke and realised what Ai could be implying. "A camp?" she asked herself.

Billie caught up to Ai, and saw a fire, almost extinguished, next to a set-up camp with a few people. Billie's mood instantly got better. That positivity thing really worked out.

Except... There was a Sawsbuck on the other end of the camp, and Billie hoped he wasn't as dangerous as he seemed.

(Ooc: bet everyone here is in an american time zone, or something, since all messages were made from midnight to 4am for me. Quite a read, haha. Hope central European zone and possible late replies don't bother anyone, then.)

Parking up at the sounds of approaching people and pokemon, Christopher stood up from his position next to the log and noticed right away that there was something or someone in the distance with a small Pokemon somewhere inbetween him and the person. The rain was a little too thick to make out details along with the night time darkness.

"Hey! Over here!" Christopher exclaimed as he cupped his hands around his mouth to amplify the direction of his audio. If he or she could hear him through the pounding rain than that would be great. Maybe it was help? Maybe someone noticed the fire and went to help? One could only hope in such a weird hostile place.

Eevee launched up right and creeped around the tent to get a good view of the person while Caterpie just stuck to Christopher's shoulder impatient to get back to sleep.

"Hey! Over here!"

Billie jolted at the sound of a human voice. She looked through the dark and saw someone near a log, two small Pokemon beside them. She carefully walked over to the log, keeping her eyes on the Sawsbuck, Ai on her shoulder. Can never be too careful.

Billie wondered what those people were doing there. Were they stranded and needed help, or came here because they wanted to, like her? She hoped she was about to get her answers soon.

Billie came to a realisation that the person was a boy, and took notice of an Eevee and Caterpie near him. She guessed they were his own.

"Hi," she said, doused in rain. Billie guessed she looked a mess right then. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Nice name, my name is Christopher." Chris joked sarcastically. "But, we're here for different reasons. Why don't we dry you off before we cross that bridge? Do you have a change of clothes?" He said with a chuckle, as Eevee watched with cautious eyes to make sure the girl wasn't going to do anything. Caterpie did as well now that his trainer was talking.

Heracross woke up, and noticed Billie immediately. It began sizing her up, and then woke Ray up. He gave a large yawn and noticed Billie. "Oh, hi there..." He mumbled. He guessed that she wasn't stranded, considering that her clothes, although wet from rain, seem in good shape.

Buckley the Sawsbuck stood firmly between the newcomer and his sleeping trainer, he didn't think she would be a threat but by nature he was a cautious pokemon. He kept his head high and didn't take his eyes off the new girl and her pokemon. The rain stayed at a steady drizzle throughout the night but by morning clear skies had returned and the humidity left everything soaking wet despite the growing tropical heat.

Augusta slept through the night, not even knowing her camp had grown.

Y

Yifun618

"I know, Kay, but how do you propose we do that?" Emma spoke to her Seel. Vera, the Vulpix, was busy licking herself clean while Capri was fast asleep in Emma's lap. "Kay, we've been on this island for probably about 4 months. You think if I could get us off, I would have already?" Kay just let out another bark in protest. The sound of the rain made a soothing sound and kind of eased the reality that Emma hadn't seen a person since she got knocked off the transport Charizard. It was flying her over this island on a trip overseas when a storm hit, and sent them both way off course. The winds were violent, and Emma was separated from the Charizard and landed hard in the water around the island. Her leg still hurt quite a bit from the fall, but at least her three Pokemon, and only friends, were still OK. Emma looked around at the cave she had used as a second home for the past few months. The small entrance overlooked the main forest where she got her food. Emma's diet had been mostly berries since she landed here. The cave had strange markings all over the walls, indecipherable to her. The cave was dug into the large mountain at the center of the island, and was clearly man made. However, whoever had dug it was long gone. A small set of ruins surrounded the location of the cave, only about two buildings distinguishable from the rubble.

The first, smaller building was not much more than a pile of large boulders and large pieces of wood, broken into splinters. The second, more intact than the first, had a few walls standing, but those walls seemed they would fall at any moment. Emma was unable to find anything of use in these two abandoned buildings, and instead took up residence in the cave, to help shield from the constant rain. Thank the lord she had extra clothes on her when she landed here, or life would be much worse. Emma brushed her hair out of her face, watching the moon. It was quite beautiful tonight. Capri the Eevee started to stir, as the moon was about to start it's descent. "Yup, there's a moon out tonight, Capri." Capri had always loved looking at the moon, even at home, which is how he earned his name. (Bonus points to anyone that gets the reference). Emma watched the rain recede, finally, and made her way out of the cave to sit and watch the sunset. The beautiful sunsets really kept her going. She ran a hand through Capri's fur, called her other Pokemon, and began to set her out through the forest to look for some food. The local Pokemon no longer hid from her, as they were used to her presence.

The fact that none of the usual Pokemon were out in the forest today slightly concerned Emma. She wrote it off as being early morning, but that wasn't quite it. Normally the regulars, mainly bug Pokemon and an occasional flying type, would be out. They didn't like strangers, as Capri had told her, which is why they didn't come out at first for Emma. Emma also knew that there was a certain guardian of the forest, although the wild Pokemon wouldn't tell her what it was. Emma wandered a little bit, until she grew tired and decided to sit down. Little did Emma know, the other trainer's camp was not far from her. A short walk into the forest would run them right into her.

Christopher awoke from the night that he didn't spend much sleeping. The cold was creeping in due to how wet he got during the rain season of yesterday but since he managed to sleep close to the fire, he eventually dried up after the rain died out and he awoke dry and warm once again. Eevee was curled up into his abdomen with its bushy tail acting as a face warmer while Caterpie was also curled up but closer to his neck. He groaned at the sight of the sun being out and this awoke his two pokemon on cue.

"Eevee... Caterpie, nice to see the both of you." Christopher said with a yawn as he stretched out his legs and arms before he even thought about standing up. Once he did, though, he felt the memory of why he was here in the first place return to head. The Wailord incident lead him to crash ashore and he had lead himself to making a new friend here on the shore of this... island. Speaking of which, he had gotten the name but it was more confusing as to why there were so little pokemon and the people he ran into seemed just as lost as he. "You two ready to get our breakfast? Berries and leaves it is!"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James looked out the small window to the side of him and could only see the ocean for what looked like miles. The quiet hum of the Cessna 172 almost lured him to sleep, but he didn't sleep. He was in a small cramped plane, and he was almost at his destination. He wished he could be with his Froakie, Bubbles, but having a Pokemon out of it's Pokeball in a small plane probably wasn't the best idea.

The pilot, didn't speak much, and when he did, it was mumbles, and James couldn't hear him. James was but a mere tourist. He was traveling from another island nearby, just sightseeing mostly. He stared at sunrise that he had to wake up very early to fly into.

The hum of the engine cut off. "Oh damn, the engine just cutoff!" The pilot yelled, yet mumbled at the same time. James looked around in confusion, and just a minute later alerts were going off. "I can't get the damn engine up!" The pilot announced again. James prayed that he would survive this inevitable disaster, but James thought it would probably just be a small problem. The engine then exploded, sending James and the Pilot into complete shock. The explosion wasn't big enough to burn up the plane, but it sent it downwards. "Thank the lord there's and island there!"

The plane descended rapidly, flying with a stream of smoke behind it. It was pretty noticeable to any one on this island. The plane made more noises, before the pilot wrangled the plane, and they crashed in the sea, not too far from the shore, and not that far from the trainer's camp.

Upon impact, the plane filled up with sea water. The pilot was certainly dead from the impact, James somehow survived. He was now fully submerged and struggling to get his seat belt off. He quickly released Bubbles, so that if James died, at least Bubbles could be a free Pokemon. Bubbles came out, and helped James pry himself free from the wrecked plane. James managed to swim to shore, coughing because his lungs were filled with water (which is bad..). Bubbles wasn't injured due to being in a poke ball.

James laid down on the beach, coughing badly. Bubbles came to help him. "Fro, froakie?". James still laid there, almost motionless. In between coughing fits he managed to tell Bubbles to go look for help. Bubbles ran into the forest screaming for help.

Augusta awoke to Buckley snorting into her face, something wasn't right. Her eyes were still groggy when she heard what sounded like an airplane. A rescue team! she thought hopefully for a brief second and scrambled out of her tent, but as she looked to the sky her hopes were crushed. It wasn't a rescue plane, but a plane in need of rescuing. The aircraft was smoking and headed down towards the water. Augusta couldn't bear to look as it crashed into the sea, her face was hot and she felt lost. A short time after the crash, a Froakie came running up the beach in a panicked state.

At first, Augusta looked on without much interest thinking I know I should be studying the wildlife but after all of these disasters I just want to go back home...Then she noticed the Froakie running directly towards her! It didn't seem afraid of her at all, in fact it looked as if it was trying to hail her for help! Maybe someone survived the crash! Augusta didn't waste another second and got up to chase the Froakie back down the beach.

"Come on, Buckley!" She shouted to her pokemon, still not even realizing Christopher had gone off to find food and another person had joined the camp. She waited until Buckley ran up beside her, then leaped up onto his back. "Follow that Froakie!" she commanded.

"Saw!" Buckley dashed forward and the Froakie picked up it's pace.

Then Augusta saw him, a boy laying in the surf and he didn't look so good.

"Hey! Hey there! Are you okay?!" Augusta dismounted and stumbled into the sand. The boy was conscious but didn't seem very responsive. She lifted him onto Buckley's back and started back to camp.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James was still coughing violently, because he was underwater for too long, and his lungs took in a large amount of water. Bubbles started crying, but just a bit because he still had some hope that James could survive this. But he was still a bit sad, because he didn't want to see his lifelong partner just... die. Bubbles and James had known each other for a very very long time.

But after a short time, James was almost back to normal.. That was mostly it, he miraculously didn't break any bones, he only had minor cuts and bruises. He sat up, and looked around. He was in a camp, which was not the beach he crashed down in. But his thoughts were ended when he was tackle hugged by his best pal.

"FROAKIE!" Bubbles's eyes glowed.
"Hey, hey, calm down!" James attempted to get the Froakie off of him so he could breathe.

Augusta regarded the newcomers with tense curiosity. Although she usually wasn't the superstitious type, this island was starting to give her the creeps. She was glad the boy from the plane crash wasn't too beat up, she didn't know what she would've done otherwise. Although her boat would be back in six days, Augusta couldn't shake the feeling that she would be on the island much longer.

The sun was getting hotter and the humidity was burning off, it looked as though there would be clear skies for the rest of the day. Buckley the Sawsbuck lay in the sun, resting and absorbing energy, after all he'd been awake almost all night. Augusta almost forgot that she wasn't a castaway herself, she had a job she was supposed to be doing and no matter what odd events seemed to occur it was her duty to get the job done.

"You must've had quite a fright, going through that plane crash," Augusta tried to sound sympathetic rather than analytical, "What's your name? I'm sure our little...group here would be happy to have you join us until my boat arrives on Sunday. I'm a pokemon researcher, you see, and I came here to study pokemon. My name is Augusta, and that's Buckley, my Sawsbuck."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, it was a bit frightening. Probably because I almost drowned." James stood up, and Bubbles jumped onto James's shoulder, still smiling. "The name's James. This is my little friend, Bubbles." Bubbles waved. "And sure, I don't know how to get off this island, so I might as well stay with a small group, you don't have worry about shelter for us, we'll just sleep anywhere, even in the rain." He looked around again, yet still, he didn't know much about his immediate area. "I digress. Nice to meet you."

OOC:
Gotta go to bed it's 9:30 for me. See ya'

"Well it's nice to meet you, James, Bubbles," Augusta nodded her head politely. "I hate to leave you here, but I am a pokemon researcher and I do have to get to work. I haven't seen a single wild pokemon here yet so I'll be walking a bit into the forest to investigate."

Augusta returned Buckley to his pokeball, knowing it might be difficult for him to navigate through the foliage with his antlers in their massive summer form. Then, nodding curtly to the new girl and the castaway boy, she took off into the trees.

"Follow if you want, but try not to scare off any pokemon if you see them!" She shouted to the group behind her.

She wondered which way Christopher had gone but wasn't too worried. She had a feeling his Eevee could handle itself. The trees grew close together and the dense canopy above trapped the hot, tropical air. Soon Augusta's shirt was soaked with pirspiration and her eyes were clouded with all the sweat running into them. She walked for a little while before coming across yet another thing she definitely wasn't expecting, ancient ruins. They were very old, stone structures and all falling apart. Vines concealed most of the masonry but it was clear this was once a human settlement. She listened hard. In the distance she could hear something moving...or someone.

(Thanks again everyone, I'll be back on tomorrow at 7 PST)