• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed A Quest of the Heart!

A balmy summer breeze was crawling over Laverre City, carrying with it the scent of flowers and pungent forest detritus. Bright sunlight was beaming down upon a little stone cottage overgrown with vines and cheerful blooms, creating what one would think was a perfectly happy scene - especially considering the tranquil pokémon lounging all around the vast property. But sitting outside the cottage in the shade of a Sawsbuck’s antlers was a very worried young woman with a furrowed brow, looking utterly inconsolable. Thin fingers twisted strands of shining auburn hair around and around until her hair was in tangles, and her expensive brown boots were scuffed around the toe from hours of anxiously tapping her feet. From her stylish, pink-and-white hiking clothes it was very clear that this woman was normally very well put together, but her nerves were seriously bothering her today and it showed.

Gracidea looked down at her watch and worried her lip, “It’s almost eleven,” she said to nobody in particular. Nearby, however, a lopunny with rare, pink colouration perked her ears up and rushed over to the woman’s side, grabbing her shaking hands.

“I asked anybody who was interested in volunteering to arrive by eleven. Don’t you think somebody should have arrived by now? Will nobody help us?”

She stood, shaking the lop-eared pokèmon away, and began to pace and comb her fingers nervously through her hair, “I’m worried about her, Luna,” she said to the lopunny, “We’ve tried everything and failed. Nobody at the Pokémon Centre could help, and now all we have to go on is an old folk tale that Professor Sycamore sent me after I contacted his lab. We can’t do this alone! But I’m worried nobody will be able to help us…”

Luna made a soft, crooning noise, but Gracidea couldn’t hear it. She had stopped pacing and was now staring down at a crumpled advertisement, one she had desperately sent to every Pokémon Centre and PokéMart in the region just days before now. It read…

To All Able Pokémon Trainers: Please Help!

I am a Pokémon breeder, and have recently lost a dear arcanine to a sudden and unexpected illness. His partner has fallen into a deep sleep caused by her heartbreak, and nothing has been able to wake her. She grows weaker with each passing day, and I fear I may lose her too. My only hope to rouse her is the nectar of a very rare flower which is only found deep in the mountains beyond Dendemille Town.

My pokémon and I are not experienced battlers, and cannot undertake this adventure on our own. There are many trials and powerful pokémon found deep in the icy wilds of those mountains... I am in desperate need of help!

If you are willing and able, please meet me at my cottage on the outskirts of Laverre City at 11am Monday, the 27th of July - follow the signs that point you to the Bluebell Breeding Facilities.

If you assist me, rest assured that you will be rewarded greatly.

Sincerely,

Gracidea Stellata

Adan arrived at Laverre City around noon with an empty stomach. The journey there had not been particularly tough but the experienced trainer had made the rookie mistake of not rationing his food properly and as a result had run out of it. At least there was plenty of food for his pokémon left, but he knew from past experiences that eating it would only result in stomach aches and continuous visits to the bathroom. So instead if revisiting his childhood traumas he decided to give the first restaurant that caught his eyes a closer "inspection".

Adan chose to wear clothes that to him looked good instead of being practical and choosing clothing that would protect him from the weather, among other things. For once the decision helped him by giving him the appearance of a well dressed diner among the and not a starving pokémon trainer. In his black leather dress shoes and matching dress pants, his white polo shirt, dark blue jacket and matching shoulder bag he enjoyed every bite of his meal and eventually made his way out to the city.

It took only a couple of minutes out and about before Adan's gaze was caught by a note hanging on the Pokémon Center notice board. The "please help" written on it was difficult to ignore. Intrigued, he walked over to it and read the whole message. Apparently someone was in need of help from experienced trainers. Adan was no battler per se but he managed better than your average trainer.
Out of the kindness of his heart and perhaps a bit due to his ego, he made his way to the Bluebell Breeding Facilities in hopes of finding this breeder in need.

Lest put down his notebook and looked out the window. He had been back home after his last journey for almost a week now. He would return home at times to talk with his family and relax for a while. He would look over the notes he had made on the cooking and foods seen while he was on his journey and sometimes go over them with the woman who was the cook for the people living in this house. Feeling that it was a good time to go out, he looked over at the Froslass who had been watching him. "How about we go for a walk around the town for a bit, Kori?" He had asked, to which she responded with a nod and a happy expression on her face.

After having gotten ready he left the house, or from an outside perspective a mansion, and started walking around the town. He was wearing a long, cobalt colored coat with a white shirt underneath, black dress pants, and blue and grey shoes. He also had on a silver bracelet that had his family's crest on it. To Lest, these clothes were comfortable and durable for when he was traveling.With his partner Kori floating beside him as he walked he looked around the town. There was a small breeze blowing through and there didn't seem to be a cloud in the sky. While enjoying the weather, He and Kori continued on their walk.

While walking past the Pokemon center, something had caught Lest' eye on the notice board. Walking over to it, it seemed to be an advertisement or letter with "To All Able Pokémon Trainers: Please Help!" written on the top. After reading through it, Lest thought to himself that this wasn't something he could just ignore. The person who wrote this letter seemed to be desperate. After thinking through what his experiences are as a trainer, Lest confirmed the six pokeballs hanging on his belt and looked over at Kori. "It's almost the time appointed on this letter, so we better hurry." Lest said as he started walking towards the Bluebell Breeding Facilities, with Kori floating right behind.

Puck was walking through Laverre City, continuing his trek to find new fossils. As he entered the Pokemon center, however, a small note caught his eye.

Please Help! Was written on the top of the note, and it went on to explai. The crisis. There was something about a reward, and finally, a location.

After reading over the note multiple times, Puck asked his Exeggutor if he was up to this. With an exited nod, the Pokemon's heads all smiles at once. "Well, then, don't wanna be late!" Puck said. "Let's get a move on! "

As he turned the corner towards Bluebell Breeding Facilities. There were three other trainers standing outside of the building, seemingly waiting.

Gracidea crumpled her paper once more, her desperation slowly drooping into a resigned sense of dread. She was beginning to let herself believe that nobody would come, that she’d have to take on this task by herself and (most likely) fail. She believed in her pokémon, but it had been years since she herself had done any adventuring. She just didn’t feel strong enough to succeed in such a dangerous journey.

Warm, wet tears began to well up in her brown eyes, but the moment they were about to spill over something on the horizon caught her eye. One, two...no, three! Three pokémon trainers, or so she assumed by the way they carried themselves, were walking towards Bluebell! The young woman dashed away her tears, hugged Luna tight, then whirled the Lopunny around and around with glee.

“Hello!” she called out to the first trainer to step through the gate - a man who seemed to have a sharp fashion sense, which Gracidea would have been quick to compliment in less dire times. Shortly after he was followed by yet another sharp-dressed trainer accompanied by a froslass. Gracidea opened her mouth to greet him as well, but was a little startled when her eyes fell on his silver bracelet. As a Laverre local, it was hard not to know that crest...what a surprise! And already a third had reached the small crowd, a man with an academic air whose companion exeggutor was just the most adorable-looking creature in all of Kalos!

The young pokémon breeder took in the sight before her - three kind souls who saw her plea for help and made their way here to help save her beloved arcanine. Her poor, heartbroken darling. The generosity of these strangers overwhelmed her momentarily and she had to catch her breath, but within moments Gracidea had collected herself and was standing tall before her guests.

“I cannot begin to thank you all enough,” she said warmly to them all, her smile bright and sincere, “I was worried I would have to take on this task by myself and that I would never make it in time to save sweet Sola…But, ah! Where are my manners? My name is Gracidea Stellata, the owner of the Bluebell breeding facility and Pokémon reserve, it’s a pleasure to meet you all!

I believe we should make brief introductions and head out as quickly as possible. I have sandwiches prepared if you need to eat before we begin to travel, so if you’re hungry or haven’t eaten please do let me know!”

Luna made a cheerful noise and darted towards a nearby cast iron table and chair set shaped into elaborate floral designs, where a large basket was waiting. It was a picturesque scene - n iron table set sitting outside a stone cottage full of ivy and honeysuckle. And then beyond that, a sprawling meadow filled with pokemon and a collection of small barns and some more modern-looking facilities. This would make for a good, warm memory - one these soon-to-be-adventurers would need to hold onto once they eventually reached the snowy mountains of eastern Kalos.

Adan was not expecting such a charismatic welcome. But it made more and more sense as he gave it some more thought. It was only logical for a pokémon breeder to be a warm and kind person, and this girl certainly seemed to fit that role. He greeted her back with a firm hand shake and watched as the other trainers arrived. Once greetings were over Adan followed Luna to the cast iron table and sat down.

"Well, I suppose I could start." The young man cleared his throat and began introducing himself. "My name is Adan Quevedo and I am from Saffron City in the Kanto region. I am twenty years old and have been a trainer for ten of those. I have also been studying psychology and psychic pokémon on and off for the last five years, and it is a pleasure to meet you all." Adan gave the small audience of trainers a warm smile.

As Lest walked into the Bluebell Breeding Facilities he looked at the scenery around him. The area was nice and calm, with happy pokemon to be seen here and there. It was easy to tell that the person who owned this facility put their heart into the pokemon and their job. Kori pulled his attention back by tugging on his arm, showing him that there were two other people walking into the area the same as he was. As he thought that they were probably trainers who had also decided to answer that advertisement, he noticed a girl ahead. She had jumped around with her oddly colored Lopunny before greeting them. She introduced herself as Gracidea Stellata, the owner of this reserve, before offering them a seat and some sandwiches.

One of the men who had come here besides Lest had taken up her offer to sit and began to introduce himself. Adan Quevedo seemed to be both a trainer and researcher and gave a polite introduction. Lest walked over and thanked Gracidea for the chair and food before introducing himself. "I'll introduce myself next then. My name is Lest Vesteria, and this is my partner Kori." He said as both he and Kori gave a small bow, which was something of a habit since his childhood. "My hometown is here, Laverre City, and I am nineteen years old. I have been a trainer for eight years, traveling to different regions and learning about their different foods and cooking as I aim to be a chef. I am honored to meet you all, and I hope we can get along well on this journey." He said with a smile as he gave another small bow before sitting down.

Puck followed everyone to the table, a cold metal one. The city was quite colorful, yet this building was even more. Puck turned and looked at the three other trainers.

They each took turns into ducing themselves. There was another scientist, like himself, but a different field. There was also a trainer, not specializing in anything specific. He knew how to cook, however, and he assumed food is important on a journey. Puck decided to take a sandwich and begin to introduce himself.

"Hello. I am Puck Birningham, fossil researcher. I normally wouldn't be traveling around, but I needed to find some specimens from other regions. Luckily, I find this a much better use of my time," Puck monologued. " I am sure that you would understand, Adan. Losing a friend, even a Pokemon... Heh, now I'm just rambling. Nice to meet'cha, kid."

Last edited: