• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in the Kanto region! (Discussion)

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
The Kanto region!

A beautiful stretch of land and sea, with a wide array of Pokemon to choose from.

And on this very day trainers will be allowed to begin earning their gym badges. Once trainers earn all eight of these badges they will be able to compete in The Indigo League! The Indigo League is the official Pokemon League in Kanto, a place where many trainers battle it out to see who can make it to the top.

Name:
Height:
Appearance:
Clothing:
Personality:
Hometown:
Pokemon team:

Name: Taichi Yamada.
Height: 5’8.
Appearance: Taichi has completely jet black scruffy hair (Same as Gintoki’s hair from Gintama) accompanied by his striking, fiery orange eyes. He stands at a fairly tall height for his age and has a lean build.
Clothing: You can usually see Taichi wearing something along the lines of a red sleeveless, zip up hoodie with some white shorts. Along with this hoodie he wears a black shirt underneath, this shirt has red pokeball logo right in the middle. He also usually wears a black and yellow cap, with an ultra ball like pattern on it.
Personality: Taichi has always had a interest in Pokemon from a young age and has always wanted to be a trainer someday. However something else he has always had from a young age is his cocky attitude. His definite biggest flaw is his own self confidence, believing he can always win at everything.
Hometown: Pallet Town.
Pokemon team: He doesn’t have one yet being a starting trainer, but he will be receiving Charmander from Prof. Oak.

This RP will only have around 5 spots as I sorta just want it to be a journey between a small group rather than having too many characters. Though you can make multiple characters to compete in the league or to be rivals to our cast.

@ThAtGuY101

Name: Hisato Kimura the third
Height: 5'5 ft.
Appearance: slightly messy short cardinal red hair combed to the right, lavender purple eyes, slightly tan skin, decent build from decent lifestyle, and slightly muscular from excersize.
Clothing: skin tight sleeveless undershirt, lose camo pants with a dark brown leather belt, olive green hiking shoes with light brown here and there, long green socks, a yellow shoulder backpack with a brown lightning bolt on the backpack.
Personality: Hisato is a pretty energetic happy go lucky carefree boy who is usually pretty trusting of others to the point of naivete. Despite his goofy and somewhat clumsy behavior He is quite determined.
Hometown: Viridian City.
Pokemon team: None yet. First choice will be Bulbasaur from Gary MF Oak Prof. Oak.
Backstory: Hisato grew up with a Ranger for a father ,and a gardener for a mother. Naturally Hisato was around plants s lot. His family's entire backyard is this massive garden with various plants and berries from various regions. Hisato grew up wanting to be a Ranger much like his charismatic father.
Side note: Hisato has a goofy laugh ,and loves karaoke. He rarely partakes in karaoke, but when he does he takes people off guard with his amazing singing voice.
Family;
Father: Hisato Kimura the second
Mother: Akira Kimura
Aunt(Mother's Sister): Erika
Older Sister: Akiya Kimura
Younger Brother: Haiyato Kimura

Hisato's future team.
799413_trainercard-Dolan.png

Last edited:

Jayblade

Name: Hisato Kimura
Height: 5'5 ft.
Appearance: slightly messy cardinal red hair, lavender purple eyes, slightly tan skin, decent build from decent lifestyle, and slightly muscular from excersize.
Clothing: skin tight sleeveless undershirt, lose camo pants with a dark brown leather belt, olive green with light brown here and there, long green socks, a yellow shoulder backpack with a brown lightning bolt on the backpack.
Personality: Hisato is a pretty energetic happy go lucky carefree boy who is usually pretty trusting of others to the point of naivete. Despite his goofy and somewhat clumsy personality His as to is quite determined.
Hometown: Viridian City.
Pokemon team: None yet. First choice will be Bulbasaur from Gary MF Oak Prof. Oak.
Backstory: Hisato grew up with a Ranger for a father ,and a gardener for a mother. Naturally Hisato was around plants s lot. His family's entire backyard is this massive garden with various plants and berries from various regions. Hisato grew up wanting to be a Ranger much like his charismatic father.
Side note: Hisato has a goofy laugh ,and loves karaoke. He rarely partakes in karaoke, but when he does he takes people off guard with his amazing singing voice.

Hisato's future team.
799413_trainercard-Dolan.png
Accepted! Really nice grass type team there.

Thanks. Would it be okay if Erika(grass type gym leader) was his aunt? Would potentially be another reason for him to like grass type pokémon.

Later on I'll edit 2 siblings in.
(They won't play any role in the story ,but it's a nice addition to the character background)

Hey I would like to join. Though I wont be able to until later. I have to work today so it might be a bit before I can get the character up. I love the Kanto region, are we allowed to have pokemon that are not from Kanto on their team?

I do have two additional questions id like to ask;

1. Im assuming the moves added in future games(post fire red/leaf green) are okay? I assume they are ,but thought i'd go ahead ,and remove any doubt...

2. How much will this Story differ from Ash's journey through kanto?

Edit: sidenote... Went ahead and edited his family into his bio... strange enough I forgot to write the words hiking boots when I wrote olive green(the color of his shoes)

Last edited:

Jayblade

I do have two additional questions id like to ask;

1. Im assuming the moves added in future games(post fire red/leaf green) are okay? I assume they are ,but thought i'd go ahead ,and remove any doubt...

2. How much will this Story differ from Ash's journey through kanto?

Edit: sidenote... Went ahead and edited his family into his bio... strange enough I forgot to write the words hiking boots when I wrote olive green(the color of his shoes)
Moves from future games are okay, as I feel that could be too restricting if they weren’t.

As for how much will differ from Ash’s journey through Kanto, I’m not sure how much it’ll differ besides the small stuff that happens outside of the league and gym battles, so like Pokemon captures and encounters.

Name: Tyler Winchester
Height: Tyler is kind of on the short side of things, as he is only 5'.
Appearance: He has very pale skin, that does not have any blemishes. His eyes are very bright purple, that goes well with his dark pink hair. He has a small build that makes him look younger then he does. His hair is very long as it comes to the middle of his back, in soft curls.
Clothing: For clothing he tends to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, and a dark purple sweater. The jeans have rips in them, and the sweater is oversized and comes to almost cover his hands. He tends to wear a pair of black combat boots, and a black vintage choker with the outfit. When it is hot, he will tend to wear his hair up into a ponytail. His nails are painted a bright blue. In contests he tends to wear a black dress that is made of lace. It has a vneck neckline, and is asymmetrical at the bottom. He tends to pair it with a pair of heels. He still has the choker.
Personality: Tyler is very calm. He tends to try be the person people can rely on. He loves to read, draw, paint, and be with his pokemon. He can be a bit defensive about his home life, and can be very sensitive about it. He does not have the best relationship with his father. Though he is working on it. He loves to be with his pokemon and play with them. He loves to sing and enjoys singing to his pokemon. He loves to play his violin and takes it almost everywhere he goes.
Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Pokemon team:
Lola- Shiny, Buneary, Female (Current Pokemon)
Frost- Alolan Vulpix, Female (Current Pokemon)
Sky- Eevee, Female, (Kanto Starter) [Will evolve into a Sylveon. She was given to him by his grandmother who is a native in Kanto.]

Jayblade

Name: Tyler Winchester
Height: Tyler is kind of on the short side of things, as he is only 5'.
Appearance: He has very pale skin, that does not have any blemishes. His eyes are very bright purple, that goes well with his dark pink hair. He has a small build that makes him look younger then he does. His hair is very long as it comes to the middle of his back, in soft curls.
Clothing: For clothing he tends to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, and a dark purple sweater. The jeans have rips in them, and the sweater is oversized and comes to almost cover his hands. He tends to wear a pair of black combat boots, and a black vintage choker with the outfit. When it is hot, he will tend to wear his hair up into a ponytail. His nails are painted a bright blue. In contests he tends to wear a black dress that is made of lace. It has a vneck neckline, and is asymmetrical at the bottom. He tends to pair it with a pair of heels. He still has the choker.
Personality: Tyler is very calm. He tends to try be the person people can rely on. He loves to read, draw, paint, and be with his pokemon. He can be a bit defensive about his home life, and can be very sensitive about it. He does not have the best relationship with his father. Though he is working on it. He loves to be with his pokemon and play with them. He loves to sing and enjoys singing to his pokemon. He loves to play his violin and takes it almost everywhere he goes.
Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Pokemon team:
Lola- Shiny, Buneary, Female (Current Pokemon)
Frost- Alolan Vulpix, Female (Current Pokemon)
Sky- Eevee, Female, (Kanto Starter) [Will evolve into a Sylveon. She was given to him by his grandmother who is a native in Kanto.]
Accepted!

Man... Tyler is this big time coordinator from glamorous Kalos! and he's come down to lil ol' humble Kanto... He's going to be a welcome addition to the crew! too bad he's going to be mistaken for a ten year old... I can practically see Hisato looking around, "Hey! did anyone lose their child" or... "Is your mother nearby or an older sibling? Your not lost are you?" Hisato said frantically looking around concerned for the boy.

Well I should mention that he has a tattoo on back. Though it is rarely seen, I also forgot to mention it. Is is of stylized wings like that of a beautifly. If he keeps being pestered he will probably just lift up the back of his shirt and show the tattoo, as who will allow a child that young to have one on themselves.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Sorry, forgot to post it :/

Name: Kris Greene
Height: 5'2"
Appearance: Kris has medium-long cream brown hair, and blue eyes. She has an athletic build, and fair skin.
Clothing: Kris wears a black and white striped shirt underneath a denim shirt. She's around average height and is average weight. She also wears blue jeans and red trainers.
Personality: Kris is somewhat of a extrovert, however is quite a carefree person. She can be laid-back at many times, but is still caring. Kris can be rarely aggressive, and likes to make jokes from time to time. She gets bored easily, and likes the thrill of battle. Kris can also be stubborn at times.
Hometown: Celadon City
Pokemon team: None at the moment, however will obtain a Squirtle from Prof. Oak.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Sorry, forgot to post it :/

Name: Kris Greene
Height: 5'2"
Appearance: Kris has medium-long cream brown hair, and blue eyes. She has an athletic build, and fair skin.
Clothing: Kris wears a black and white striped shirt underneath a denim shirt. She's around average height and is average weight. She also wears blue jeans and red trainers.
Personality: Kris is somewhat of a extrovert, however is quite a carefree person. She can be laid-back at many times, but is still caring. Kris can be rarely aggressive, and likes to make jokes from time to time. She gets bored easily, and likes the thrill of battle. Kris can also be stubborn at times.
Hometown: Celadon City
Pokemon team: None at the moment, however will obtain a Squirtle from Prof. Oak.
Accepted!

Rp as a players pokémon??...

*after battle*
Trainer: great job!
Pokemon: *random pokemon sounds*
Trainer: time to go back in your pokéball now *attempts to put pokémon back in ball*
Pokémon *jumps out of way*
Trainer: come on boy!
Pokémon: *scoffs remark*
Trainer: *tries again*
Pokémon: *snatches ball from trainer's hand putting them in the pokéball instead*

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: none it's wild (i don't mind someone catching him)
Species: Pikachu
Special attributes: it's got a bit more fur
Moves: thunder shock, agility, thunder , electro ball
Nature: mischievous
Personality : he loves to play pranks on people and pokemon . Loving to joke and really playful.

Last edited:
Can Gary mf Oak be in the story? This guy was my idol as a kid... forget Ashy boy! Gary Gary he's the best! If he can't beam em' no one can!
awoNn38_460s.jpg

Edit: also since Erika is Hisato's aunt it would be nice if she was in it...

Last edited:

Jayblade

Can Gary mf Oak be in the story? This guy was my idol as a kid... forget Ashy boy! Gary Gary he's the best! If he can't beam em' no one can!
awoNn38_460s.jpg

Edit: also since Erika is Hisato's aunt it would be nice if she was in it...
Gary could be here as the 8th gym leader, like how Blue was in HGSS.

And yeah all gym leaders will make an appearance as my character at least will be collecting badges. So Erika is a given, you wanna play her?

I like to imagine Gary as a champion or professor type as opposed to gym leader ,but that's cool too.

I could... I'd have to do research to figure out what kinda personality she had...

I'm not sure how the gym leader thing in general would go down... when you consider who all are competing for badges ,and how long the matches last. Would npc characters be more time efficient? Maybe I'm just being too impatient. What are your guys thoughts on the subject?