• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask the Staff

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I personally rather dislike the anime. My favorite character so far was Maren, of the second movie, a character so obscure no one even remembers her. ^^;

Although the more I see her, the more I find Gardenia to be the most awesome Gym Leader that has ever lived. ^^;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I don't like Gardenia's design - but DAMNED if her Grass Type Fangirlspazms aren't the best thing a Gym Leader has ever done. So awesome.

This is in the "doesn't apply to me but I want to know anyways" catagory.

When people have a Warning under their user name is there supposed to be a picture? There's always a little box with an 'X' in it.

A question came to me just now and brought up my curiosity: of those of you who were into Pokémon since the first release of the first generation, which did you buy first; Red or Blue? (I myself got Red first.) And if a particular one, why? If any reason, heh. (For myself it was just the one my parents bought me first...)

Sorry if this has been asked before; I scanned over the posts to check but sometimes I miss parts. ^^;

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in the "doesn't apply to me but I want to know anyways" catagory.

When people have a Warning under their user name is there supposed to be a picture? There's always a little box with an 'X' in it.

I think the "FIRST WARNING", "SECOND WARNING" and "THIRD WARNING" labels cancel out those Pokeball sprites over our names.

EDIT: Scratch that; I guess they don't. What's the 'X' for?

umm... im not sure if im supposed to reply, but i think that the avatar cant be shown due the the [glow=red,2,300]'FIRST WARNING[/glow],[glow=red,2,300]SECOND WARNING[/glow], and [glow=red,2,300]THIRD WARNING' [/glow] taking up so much space, but thats just a semi-educated guess

Can I make a Sprite and Artwork thread combined?
I REALLY don't wanna make a thread for each, Artwork, and Sprites. :'(
I don't think I posted this in the wrong topic...I don't think...Please, let this be the right one...Argh.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you're really that against having the two seperate threads, just post all of your artwork - drawn and sprite work - in a topic on the Artwork forum. Maybe make a comment at the top of your thread about how you're combining the two so you don't need to manage two seperate threads. Shouldn't be a problem that way.

Ozzy: Sprites or art? Fake or not, its still some form of artwork, so they're safe to be posted on whichever forum they best fit.

along thos lines, is there any way a guest can become a member, by like, being active in a section where they can post and not spam at all, you know, prove they're worthy of becoming a member?

I have questiiions!!! *raises hands*

It said we could ask personal questions right? Riiiiight? >_> Kay Im going to!

The only Admin type person Im really interested in is the creator of the site >_>..
Garrrryyy..*shifty eyes*..*Glomp*

Gary-Senpai..Whats your address? >_>...

Kay I was kidding, anyway. Gary, why are you never on AIM or MSN ><

Why are you so awesome?

What is it about Pokemon that you are so attached to?

I feel like a reporter now o.o

Y

Youkai

I've been trying to register for the past few days, but at every chance I use to try to, it tells me that its unavalible. When will this be fixed?

Err... I made an RP thread two days ago, and it got deleted overnight. I also made one yesterday, but I left for a couple of hours, and when I come back, it was gone again!

I was wondering if one of the staff was deleting it, Or if there's just a random sweep of the zero-post threads every night, or something.

If one of the staff was deleting them, I was NOT informed. I thought that if something went against the rules, one of the mods just locked it, and handed out a warning to the offender. And if it WAS against any of the rules, I wasn't aware of the rule(s) I was breaking.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure who deleted them, but no, not all topics just get locked. If they did, we'd have more locked topics than we have open ones, and after awhile they just look cruddy =/

If somebody is deleting your threads, you should probably take it as a tip to change your approach next time you post one. Since I didn't actually see them myself, tho, there's not a lot I can suggest...

Thank you, Linkachu.

Yeah... The funny thing is, I changed it the second time, almost completely in text. Same idea, different text. I just must have too strict of rules for it... I set alot, actually, and that might be why they got deleted.
I wish whoever was deleting them would inform me, so I can change what I'm doing wrong...

Next time I'll just wait until you're on, XD. The other mods are never on at the same time as me. I've noticed they're all on late at night, and I have a curfew, so I can't be. T-T

I posted a sprite in the Create a Trainer thread, and when I came back later it disappeared. Does that mean someone found it offensive and was deleted? And, in any case, is the appropriate course of action to repost the sprite and hope it stays up? And is it all right to repost every sprite I made because I'm too lazy to see if they disappeared from the thread?

Edit: And am I the only one who can't see the background image anymore?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I think I might have accidentally deleted your sprite by mistake instead of another post that appeared before it. I knew I deleted something by mistake but I didn't get to see who it was I deleted. >>

Feel free to repost it. >>

Edit: I see you already have. Good. I apologize again.

X

Xtrackt

I made a Trainer Card submission for the thread.

However, if it does not become mass circulated, would I be allowed to use that Trainer Card (which has features of one of the real PokeCharms Trainer Cards) for my own personal use on the PokemonCrater forums so long as I keep the advertising bit about the PokeCharms site?

PokeCharmsCardPrototype.png

I included the picture so that you can be the judges on this issue.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You can use anything you've created yourself however you wish, it's not up to us to tell you what to do with it.

Edit: Though now that the image is showing up, I see it's actually a modification of my own card, so... whatever. You asked, so I have no bother with it. Use away.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The answer is simply generic lack of brain. From observation of its posts, it has been deemed beyond help, and so deleted.

Quality control. Someone NEEDS to enforce it.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That latter indeed. This creature's posts ranged between spammy and downright horrendous. And since it wasn't an isolated incident but rather seemed to be a trend... I had to unleash DAS BOOT.

Thus is the fate of idiocy and spam in this forum.

PokeFreak claims to not have been warned in any sense of the word prior to the banning. It is the general practice of this board to warn people before banning them, correct?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
We reserve the right to immediately ban any member who we deem to be 'beyond help', to prevent 'charms from falling into a spamming nightmare like Serebii for instance.

Anyway, why are we still talking about this? An administratorial decision has been made, this member was banned, it was explained why - and there's no point to beat that dead horse further, really.

I just wanted to have as much information as possible in case PokeFreak wanted to know more. Besides, if you don't let people question your decisions you look like a totalitarian.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Guess what? We are.
Alex has said it before. This isn't a Democracy. It's his forum, his rules, and we, the rest of the administrator staff, are in our position because he trusts us to keep the place in some form of working order.

We're not being high and mighty and we don't like to be post-nazis, but the n00b wars we've recently had around here kiiiiiiiiiiinda forced us to be. We are trying to prevent this forum from going to the dogs more than it already has. And believe me when I say it has.

I haven't seen anything yet, so I guess I have to ask you guys.

What is the size limit for siggys (signatures) on the Pokecharms forums?

EDIT: I looked around a little more and found my answer, but I'll repeat it for confirmation. Any size I want, but not insanely huge, right?

T

Trisha

Hi. I recently found the pokemon trainer card do it yourself page, and I absolutely love it. But after making a couple cards, the image fails to load. I keep getting the following message:

Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: 6143999 Kbytes used (99%) - authorized: 6144000 Kb in /home/docoak/public_html/trainercards/trainercardincludes/tc1.inc on line 249
FTP upload has failed!

I looked around the site a bit, trying to find if this was normal or if waiting for a while would get the images back, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if this is rather newbish and / or spammy.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just try it again in a while. Sometimes the FTP server flips out and these messages come and go all day.

Generally, it'll be problem free - we just get some sucky instances like this from time to time. :/

Hmm, i keep getting that too.
Hosting problems?

By the way i gotta ask something.
Wouldn't it be cool if - instead of making every time the trainer card from the beginning - we could save the settings somehow?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It only really takes a minute or two to do it, so I don't see it as a massive inconvenience.

But there are further features and expansions to the TC Maker (including as part of other stuff) to come in the future, and there will be more options over what you can do with it and how, so take that as a "maybe in the future".

Thinking about it, saving the old cards is not necessary, but maybe a more quick search for the Pokémons would be awesome [i.e: You can write the name of your pokémon instead of scrolling the list - yeah, i'm very lazy and i don't know all the names of the new ones, only of the first 251 ;D]
I'll try later in the day to see if the card maker now works.

Last edited by a moderator: