• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Avatar: The Missing Avatar

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Up to you if you want to stay up with me,” Tazia replied indifferently, shrugging. “I can go for a few days without sleep if I actually need to— a few extra hours is nothing. But not my call if you want to reduce your beauty rest for the payoff of seeing Ponytail’s reaction when we wake him from his,” she added with a grin. She noted with appreciation that one of the waterbender… sisters? she thought—had made use of the debris clogging their area by bringing it over to the fire as extra fuel. She seems to have a decent head on her shoulders, at least.

Tazia’s eyes narrowed into a glare, her gaze flicking the pair of air nomad boys who seemed to have broken into a scuffle, disturbing the relative peace. Darena-something and something else that started with an M, if she wasn’t mistaken. Part of her was irritated and sorely tempted to give the undisciplined brats a thrashing with a flaming staff, but if their fearless leader wanted to earn anyone’s respect, he’d have to break them up— or not, as he encouraged the fight, then promptly left to “scout.” Tazia made a low growling sound in her throat, exasperated. “Why am I not surprised?” she muttered, barely a question.

"Yeah, I'm staying up! And first of all, I don't need beauty sleep, and even if I did, it's worth seeing Flirty Trash's reaction!" Nina said, grinning happily. She placed her hands on her hips, her hood still up, making her look more masculine. Her eyes darted to look at the air nomad men acting more like children. And then watched as Fang cheered them on and said he would go, scout. It was a lie, most likely.

She listened to Tazia mutter, "Why am I not surprised." Nina let out a huge sigh, the grin changing to an annoyed frown, and said, "Since Trashy Flirt can't do his job, I'll do it, I guess!" Nina said, grumbling and walking over to the air nomad "men" to get them to stop.

"Hey! Stop fighting!" Commanded in a stricter voice that was reasonably intimidating, "You two need to stop goofing off and hitting each other! Next thing we know, one of you will have broken the other one's leg or arm! And none of us want to carry around many children, do we!" Nina's voice had changed from just commanding to an intimating yell. She crossed her arms and glared daggers at the two in rage.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
"I have no intent to lie to you. Especially since i can sense you are very much skilled in fighting. And even then, I wouldn't be able to gain anything from lying either. Our camp is this way."

He was going back to the camp, before he remembered something. The man's name. They haven't formally introduced themselves to each other yet. So it would be better for Rei to begin, since this man was going to be his future mentor. Turning around, He started to speak.

"I am Rei Mitsuko, an air bender. We had not formally introduced ourselves yet, So I thought this would be a good time, before we had reached the campsite."

Rei waited for a response, a introduction to this mysterious traveler. The swordsman knew that the man hadn't trusted him all too much at the moment, though they should be getting to know each other, and create a bond. He stood in front of the man, awaiting an answer.

Ahnah had been standing with her Pet, Akuma, while the group was discussing stuff like One of the Water Benders and one of the Fire Benders, Akuma had been sitting next to Ahnah waiting for either a threat, or a command, she had been petting his leg so he'd stay calm. The Water Bender and her Polar Bear Dog had been staying mostly to the side watching the interactions, giggling a little when Dareno, the one Air Bender punched Motsuke, if she remembered correctly, right in the face. Wait, what? Why did the one punch the other right smack in the face? That was a question for later. Right now, Akuma had sniffed the air, smelling something he didn't recognize, and immediately got up, snarling in a certain direction.

"Akuma, is something wrong?"

Akuma barked in the direction where it sounded like people, but she wasn't sure, maybe Akuma's bark canceled anything she could have heard.

As for Mu, he had been listening to everything that was going on that he could hear. He then looked at Dareno and Motsuke, and was ready to snap.

"What are you two doing, this is not the time to be goofing off like this, we need to get camp further set up." Mu responded, "As The Civilian can't seem to keep everything in check, we need to make sure camp is set."

Mu then went off to get some of the larger logs over to where the fire was, to fuel it later.

MemoryDoner

Previously Creeps You Don’t Need It
Recollecting his belongings Luka stored away his accessories, keeping his staff attached to his belt in case it needed to be used. Looking to the man Luka stopped. Giving a stranger your name isn’t a good idea. However I’m already trusting this man enough to follow him into unknown lands.

“I am Luka, last name not needed, for now. I’m clearly a water bender. In case if you were still wondering I’m out here on a journey to learn more about both the Northern and Southern water tribes, not to collect food. I need to cut through these woods to reach one of the bigger cities that should hopefully contain some information regarding my goal.”

Luka reached out his right hand (left still holding the ice dagger). He rested it the air, expecting a handshake in return.

“To a long and prosperous companionship.”

| Korutesu |

He noticed that Luka expected a handshake, though, he felt a small uneasiness with Luka holding the ice dagger on his left hand. He still shook Luka's hand, dismissing the uneasiness from the dagger. He smiled, It wasn't a large smile, though a small one, but it was definitely noticeable, since the swordsman didn't really smile. He felt that this would be a good decision too, since it would help both of them.

"To a long and prosperous companionship, Luka."

the young swordsman noticed Luka mention his goal. Maybe he could help him, and since they were going to be together anyway, it wouldn't affect either of them much. He also noticed him mention that he wanted to learn more about the water tribes. If he had remembered correctly, they had a water tribe member in their group. Maybe they could ask her.

"There's a person in our group, she's a water tribe member, so maybe you could ask her about what you want to know. Now, We should get to camp first. We can talk easier there, instead of standing in the forest."

He walked through the forest, making it to the clearing, hoping that Luka would follow Rei to the camp. He looked around, noticing that two of their members confronted the two man-babies fighting, while their "Leader" wasn't even here. Their group was already in a mess, and it hadn't even been a day. He sighed in disappointment, since this so-called leader didn't even try to stop the fight and left the two man-babies fighting and let others try to stop them.

MemoryDoner

Tracking behind Rei towards his camp Luka slipped the ice knife up his sleeve into hiding. While it was better to be armed starting conflict based off of unnecessary means was something that could and should easily be avoided. Analyzing the campsite Luka was confused. For a couple reasons actually. Why was there such a large group of people traveling together? Why were they engaging in combat? Why is this campsite so run down? All of these questions ran threw the warrior’s head like flowing water. Deciding to take charge in the situation Luka walked up to Rei, putting their shoulders side to side. Still looking at the resting area now battlefield in front of him Luka turn his head.

“Is this some type of drill or sparring? If so why are these children training right atop the resting grounds? Sorry if this comes off as rude, but there’s a severe lack of structure here. This group looks far more like a bunch of children at play rather than a party of adventurers. What’s the deal?”

Yamato didn't really care about anything that fang had to say in the slightest, in his opinion Fang was just some jerky earth bender who only cared about himself. He decided that after walking for so long he would rather just get some rest, he decided to sit down next to a tree and clean his swords, Yamato saw Fang walk away from the group and he began to follow him, since he didn't trust him being alone.

After Nina finished badgering the two-man babies, she scanned the camp quickly. She saw someone walk off, following where Flirty Jerk was headed. The man's hair was white, and he was wearing a Shihakushō with a red sash around his waist. Nina had seen him hanging out around camp and- Wait! Is that the guy who yelled at Flirty trash earlier? She thought, running over to quickly follow him wherever he was headed.

"Hi, I'm Nina." She said, popping up next to him. Her hood was up, still making her somehow look more masculine. She had the handle of her spear on her back while twirling the metal point in her hand. "So why are you out here? You are following the Flirty Idiot?" She asked, staring at him. She turned her head to look up ahead of them.

=Nightshade=

Tazia turned, her sharp ears picking up the unfamiliar cadence of a new voice. The flames in her hands died down when she saw he seemed to be accompanied by a known member of their little band. As Nina finished berating the bickering brothers and began to head off, Tazia clapped a hand on her shoulder in farewell as she herself headed for the newcomer. In her approach, she inclined her head slightly to the tall, icy-demeanored boy who she didn’t manage to catch the name of during their journey. Then she swiveled her gaze to meet the dark-haired newcomer’s.

“Tazia,” the girl addressed him with a self-directed finger, by means of introduction. “Our fearless leader went AWOL about five minutes ago like the flake he is. Though he probably wouldn’t bring much more order to the table.” She shrugged, eyes traversing the wholeheartedly uncooperative group of— well, as the newcomer so eloquently put it: children.

“As for those two—” Tazia jerked a thumb at the air nomad boys who’d been tussling. “—one of ‘em just smacked the other. As far as I can tell, they’re just stupid. Group of children just about sums us up,” she added with a self-deprecating snicker. “Just a buncha kids playin’ hero. Anyways— you seem like you’ve got something between your ears other than cobwebs. Fair warning— that puts you in the minority.” She gestured with slightly sarcastic grandeur at the uncouth, scattered group in the barren campsite. “Welcome to the party; we got wild animals, man-children, and no teamwork to speak of. Make yourself at home.”

(OOC: Lmao this post was fun to write)

While Yamato followed Fang and began to thinking about what he could be doing, but was caught off guard when a women in a hood popped out of no where, he almost fell on his back but he quickly caught himself and quickly composed himself.

"I don't fully trust him yet and with how he is, I don't wanna let my eyes off him for a second. I should probably introduce myself, my name is Yamato Hayashi, nice to meet you Nina." Yamato says as he bows respectfully.

"Yeah, same here. Flirty Trash is annoying, irresponsible, got an ego as big as the ocean." She went on to talk about how much she disliked Fang. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Yamato." Nina bowed in respect too and went and walked, seeing an area with a large pond and Fang standing at the edge of it. "Well, there's the Jerk-Face himself. What do you think he's up to?" Nina asked, staring closely at the lake and Fang until she noticed something. No. Someone. She couldn't make out the features or anything other than the face. There was a person.

Nina grabbed the handle of her spear, locked the point back in it, and twirled it around, letting the end of the handle be what she would be hit with. "I want to go and knock some sense into this idiot," she muttered, very annoyed.

Yamato followed behind Nina and saw Fang as he stood over the edge of a large pond area, he heard Nina ask as she asked what he thought he was up to.

"I wouldn't be surprised is that weirdo was peeping on a women, that is so dishonorable." Yamato said as he put his hand on his face, until he saw someone at the pond, but it made him feel uneasy, he unseathed one of his swords just to be safe.

Nina listened and then, just at what Yamato had said, "YOU THINK HE'S WHAT?!?!" Asked Nina in horror. She gripped her spear tighter in rage. She started heading over. "Oh, he's getting what coming for him!" She murmured, pissed, running around.

Nina grabbed Fang's shoulder tightly and said quickly, "What are you doing!" She held her spear tight as if about to him with it, even if the handle would have hit him. She placed her hands on her hips, glaring at him, keeping her eyes away from the pond to respect this poor woman's privacy...

10 Minutes later.

The forest fell silent, the sound of animals disappeared from sight, only the full moon shone above the dark empty woods. The campsite grew dark as a cold breeze turned all the fires off. Fang made his way back to the camp, walking like if he was too tired to stand, forcing his body to move onward towards the site of the campsite. His katana was on his right hand, the tip dragging against the ground, leaving a small trail. He reached the rest of the group, his mouth clothes but his eyes wide open. He walked up to the closest to him, the two water tribe sisters. He stood in front of them, still for a while as if waiting for something, before suddenly raising his katana and started rapidly slashing at the two girls.

He wasn't alone though, from behind him Nina and Yamato moved quickly towards the group, almost as if they were floating, with their weapons out and slashing rapidly at anybody that was close to them. They wouldn't talk, they wouldn't scream, they just kept attacking, not stopping no matter what, not until they finished off everybody in the campsite.

Nina ran, trying to slice Tazia with her spear. Yet her attacks were more jagged and not so forceful it was more of stabbing and slashing, not the kinds of moves she would have learned in the Navy. Its moves were more unsure, not like Nina had used a spear much. She kept trying to hit Tazia over and over again.

Nina was terrified. Why was she doing this?! Why was she hurting her best friend?! WHY?!?!?! Nina wasn't shaking physically, but mentally she was quivering like she had just jumped into the ocean with only a thin tunic and shorts! She was scared, horrified, frightened, afraid, petrified, all the words that describe fear. Nina's eyes were wide from all of these emotions.

After rejoining her sister, Koreal soon looked up from her work to see their self-elected leader standing quietly nearby. It seemed a little odd, for some reason, but the young woman couldn't quite pinpoint what was off. Was it something in how he stood perhaps? An unevenness in his breathing, maybe? In any case, she was about to ask, 'Can I help you?' when suddenly his arm jerked upwards. Time almost seemed to slow for Koreal as she saw the katana rise through the air into a striking position, and adrenaline began to pump through her body. Seeing the danger, she leaped towards Kerrora and shoved her out of the way. She received a slash on her arm just below her shoulder for her trouble. She gave a gasp, but she hadn't trained in combat for years in vain. She took a step back and with a fluid motion, readied her spear. She settled into a stance, but it wavered momentarily as a fresh surge of pain sliced into the wound she'd just received.

Koreal knew she had to fight through the pain, though. If she didn't... well, she might not end up in a situation where she could feel any pain. However, so long as her arm didn't give out on her, she was confident she could best this man. He was using a katana, and she had a spear; a clear advantage for her to anyone who understood martial combat. In addition, she could likely expect ranged support from her sister momentarily, making this fight two-vs-one. With this in mind, she was tempted to launch directly into a full offensive attack sequence. However, she didn't know when he might begin bending, and she didn't know what kind of training he had. She also wasn't yet sure of the reason for this sudden attack. Therefore, instead of going straight for the kill, she stayed in a more defensive stance, occasionally jabbing high or low to force him to parry, but mostly focusing on blocking her opponent's flurried attacks. After all, if she slipped up and he got in close where she couldn't use her weapon effectively, things would get very bad for Koreal very fast.

Last edited:
Weeks Before, Ba Sing Se

Soro had stared into the face of death many a time in his life. To him, death was not something to be feared, but rather, a friend well recognized, cherished, and loved. For when death had come into Soro's life, it removed his enemies with its unforgiving justice. One day, death would give Soro the welcome rest he at times greatly desired. As for that day, however, death likely would not show its face.

Instead, Soro stared toward a hulking man in heavy clad armor, plastered with green and gold metals that glistened in the rays of sun that found their way inside of the cave-like arena, an arena that in any other day would have acted as a mausoleum for an unfortunate warrior. There were distracting noises to be heard from the surroundings, a large crowd filled the side stands engraved into the solid stone walls. The cavernous walls only amplified their calls for violence. The air made it hard to breathe, it was bitterly damp and cold; and some rather unsavory wafts of rare wind pushed the scent of aged blood into unsuspecting victims. All of it didn't matter to Soro. His focus was on the man's eyes.

Now, this man was a gladiator and a very good one at that, so much so that he was known for having the largest death toll out of any gladiator in the history of Ba Sing Se. Over a hundred men saw both their lives and the hopes and dreams of the thousands that supported them crushed in mere moments. It would not matter if the fight was officially declared to be till the first strike, submission, or death, any spar ended in death. He bore the name of Reaper, but that day he would not be taking any lives. Well, as long as Soro maintained eye contact.

The ground shuttered, and Soro sprang to the side as pillars of stone erupted from the ground with a grinding crash, sending earthen shrapnel across the gritty stone floor. Soro made to close the gap between him and the man, only to be met with a cart sized boulder that about took his head off if he hadn't committed to sliding moments before. He was then mere feet away, half-seconds from ending the fight, and could make out the whites of his opponents eyes. Back on his feet Soro collected momentum while the man readied another wave of earth bending horror, only he did not realize that Soro had already won. Soro could still see his eyes, so he knew where his opponent could not see. The man lost his balance mid-bending and fell to the same earth that moments before was under his control. He was so confident and absorbed in his bending that he did not realize two snakelike chain whips had wrapped themselves around his ankles when Soro had slid. The man tried to get up but could not, as he was dragged ever closer to Soro, the chains being pulled in like fishing line. Small boulders seemingly flinged themselves at Soro but to no avail, the last of which Soro punched straight through with his metal bracers. And with that, the Reaper found himself eventually defeated by a non-bender, Soro, Ba Sing Se's Master of Chains.

Current Time

It had been weeks after the greatest victory in Soro's career when the city announced its Decennial Gladiator tournament and he had received an official invitation as an at-large bid. The top 20 gladiators in the Earth Kingdom were invited, and the winner would be granted land and title in the innermost level of the city, something that he and his siblings have fought for since the first day they had arrived in Ba Sing Se three years prior. Each of the 19 other gladiators were bending masters in their own rights, and for the first time Soro felt intimidated by his competition. Having little chance to improve his fighting within the confines of the city, Soro decided to leave his brother and sister and to journey on his own, preparing himself and enhancing his already masterful art of chain whip martial combat. To Soro, it took seemingly little time before running into the band that had seemed to have found themselves in grave danger.

Soro had little sense of what was happening in the commotion that was taking place in front of him, but his sense of honor drove him forward into the chaos. He could make out three figures apparently on the aggressive. One figure stood out to him however, as through the silver moonlight he could make out her eyes. Those were not eyes of the type of people who took pleasure in violence. Something, he concluded, was terribly wrong, even past the matter of life and death that was taking place.

With seemingly mere seconds to act, Soro decided to rush towards a fighter warding off one of the attackers with her spear.

"Woman! I'm on your right! Go on the offensive and I'll cover your weak spots!"

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Rei noticed Tazia coming towards them, then talking about their mess of a group. She explained to Luka what was going on, and their current.. well, this. To be honest, he couldn't say anything since she'd already summed it up very well. Then, he noticed that Nina, her friend, and the man who wanted to fight the golden haired female earlier. Where were they?

"This man is Luka. He would like to learn about the water tribes, so I was gonna ask, where's your friend?" His voice was stern, it was a more.. casual voice.

On the corner of his eye, he noticed Tazia's friend, coming towards them with a spear. He took out his sword, ready for a fight. He noticed Nina's expression, it was an expression of fear. He looked around the camp, seeing their leader, Fang, and the man who wanted to fight the golden haired woman attacking everyone in the camp.

"Tch! Watch out! I will deal with the young man. Some of us should find the source of what's going on with them! We must try and incapacitate them to stop them from hurting anyone else!"

He ran towards Yamato, ready to face off against him. He needed to make sure that he was not going to hurt Yamato, instead incapacitate him with whatever he has. He needed to be careful too, or else he could get hurt himself if he did not do this correctly.

=Nightshade=

Rustling in the bushes across camp made Tazia turn away from the snowy-haired boy and the newcomer he had brought to the campsite. Fang emerged first, staring blankly ahead, followed by Nina and Yamato. That in itself was a red flag, because from what Tazia knew, the only way Nina would ever follow behind Fang was if she was chasing him and trying to stab him where the sun doesn’t shine. But as Nina approached her with an odd but not alien expression on her face, Tazia relaxed a fraction. “Hey, Nina, didja give our fearless leader a—

Hey!” Tazia cut herself off and reached back for her staff as an amateur but lucky spear strike aimed at her chest pierced through a reflexively raised right hand. She couldn’t suppress a growl of pain as she stumbled back, allowing Nina’s momentum to carry her past. Flames erupted from Tazia’s injured hand, cauterizing the wound before she could lose too much blood. “What the hell, Nina?” she growled, edging back and away from the Rei and Luka, subtly trying to draw her away as she parried spear strikes with quick flicks of her three-section staff.

There was no answer, just those unfocused, blank eyes. Tazia’s eyes narrowed. Either Nina was refusing to speak… or she couldn’t. Her movements were fluid— too fluid— and the circles her spear carved in the air were nothing like Tazia had seen her use before. They were fluid, yes— but had none of the artistry, skill, or comfort with the weapon Nina had shown earlier in Ba Sing Se. Something definitely wasn’t right.

“Dammit, Nina,” Tazia muttered as she parried and blocked, refusing to go on the offensive. Flames licked at her hands, but went no further as she held back the desire to bend. Giving Nina third-degree burns was not on her agenda. She flipped around, trying to get behind her friend and lock her staff around her throat in a restraining hold.

Ahnah had been on High Alert when those went out of control seemingly went towards people.

"Akuma, I need you to bowl over those three," pointing at Yamato, Nina and Fang, "If I can do so, I'll Boomerang them as well."

Ahnah had seen the other Water Tribe female going after the one she was talking to before, and prepared for a combo with her Bending and Boomerang, she pulled her Boomerang using her water, which she used her arms to control aim, and angle so that the Boomerang would bounce off her head if she pulled this off. She let the Boomerang go, launching at a slow speed, but fast enough to land a knock out if it hits.

Nina stared as the spear pierced Tazia's hand. How could she?! How could Nina hurt her!? Was she okay?! She was shocked at what she had done and had to just watch as she kept trying to hit Tazia repeatedly!

Nina stared as Tazia parried her spear. At least she knew she was hurting her anymore. At least. But at least it wasn't enough. It would be enough when Nina could get back control of herself and not hurt anyone anymore! And then Tazia was behind her, trying to lock her staff around her neck to restrain her. But Nina kept on struggling more and more! Waving her spear around like a mad woman.

Nina's eyes then got sight of the new person. His hair was cinder black and tied into a small, braided ponytail, while his eyes were a startling pastel blue. Who was this guy? Why was he here? Altogether, she was just confused by this weirdo-

Then everything went black as something hit her hard on the head.

| Korutesu |

The swordsman parried the attack towards his stomach. He needed to show extreme caution, since this doesn't look like they would do this. He saw that Nina was now knocked out, which was good, and now it went down to two. He grabbed Yamato's red sash, which he could use to incapacitate Yamato.

He used his air-bending to jump high, which let him land behind Yamato. With that, he tied Yamato up with Yamato's red sash. He needed to help out the sisters, though there was no time he would be able to help them at the rate of Fang swinging his sword at them. He muttered something to himself.

"We need to make sure this can't happen again, everyone! Find the source of what's going on and try to stop what's going on! I have dealt with one of them, only Fang remains!"

Fang began moving quickly and reacting to anything thrown at him with unhuman like reflexes. You would need to have more than just one pair of eyes to dodge so well and perfectly. Yet he managed to do so, even managing to grab the spear being used against him and pulling it towards him, swing the katana towards the user with his free hand.

To make things even worse, around the dark camp site, blue flames started dancing around, a Will-o-Wisp. They began moving in circles around the entire group while the bodies that had been knocked out once again stood up, this time they moved towards the center of the groups and took bending stances.

"Leave now! We will not have any mercy on those who insist on chasing us!"

Fang was pulled back before he could do any serious damage and was placed next to the other two, also taking a basic earth bending stance.

"The blood of your friends will be on your hands!"

The shrilling voice echoed through the woods as the blue flames began to move faster and faster in circles, almost impossible to keep track of how many there were.

Ahnah's Boomerang had bounced off Nina's head and worked its way back around to Nina's hand, flying past Fang and Yamato, but not hitting them. When it returned to her hand, she hopped on Akuma, looking around the area as she went to see how she could help. As Ahnah looked around, Akuma prepared for his command, to bowl over people. He then started running towards Fang, who was towards the center.

"Hold up, Akuma."

The Polar Bear Dog had stopped when his owner had called him to do so.

Mu had taken position to protect all of the group, and prepared to use an Earth bending move to do so if necessary. He hadn't been targeted by anyone, oddly enough, or whatever these little blue balls of fire were. He had Ai start rounding up those that were injured, if any.

=Nightshade=

Tazia stiffened then relaxed marginally as a boomerang came within an inch of her nose and struck Nina in the head. She offered a grateful nod to the boomerang’s source, loosening her choke hold on her friend’s now-unconscious form. The pink-haired girl supported Nina’s head as she allowed her to slump to the ground.

The relief was short-lived, however, as wisps of blue flame flickered to life, swirling around the campsite. The bodies of Yamato and Nina slowly rose again, as if possessed. “H-hey,” Tazia muttered nervously, half-reaching for Nina. “Cut that out—” She cut off her sentence as Nina moved with liquid grace to stand with the two boys, taking a bending stance with clear hostile intent.

Tazia’s teeth ground together in frustration. What the hell is going on around here? Across the campsite, Yael had been awoken from his evening nap by the whirling blue flames, tail lashing in confusion and fear. Tazia whistled for him, and the tigerdillo bounded over to pace behind her, letting out an occasional hiss in the direction of the three.

The fire in the center of the campsite was a prime target for Tazia’s bending from an unexpected source. Her eyes narrowed further, confusion and anger blending into one emotion in her mind. They had to be contained before they hurt anyone more severely, but Tazia didn’t want to hurt them, either. Actually, she couldn’t care less about Fang, but Yamato seemed tolerable and Nina was kind of fun. She didn’t want to injure those two, at least.

The fire shot up, wrapping itself into a ring around the three benders in the center of the clearing. Tazia hoped it would keep them contained, but wouldn’t be surprised if they broke out fairly quickly. With any luck, though, she and the others would be able to stall them long enough for one of the more intellectually inclined among them to figure out a solution.

Koreal was holding her own well at first. The swings were fast, but on the clumsy side in Koreal's opinion. But after what felt like a minute or two (but was actually just a few seconds) she heard a voice yelling, closer than the other shouts of confusion and combat beginning elsewhere in the dark camp. "Woman! I'm on your right! Go on the offensive and I'll cover your weak spots!" the voice cried. It wasn't one she recognized, and it cost her a precious moment of focus. In that moment, her attacker slipped through her guard, grabbing her spear and pushing it aside. Her eyes came back to him just in time to see a katana raised high, ready to end her life. She tried to drop her spear and raise an arm, hoping it might just save her. She wasn't fast enough, though, and she flinched as the blade's tip slashed through her clothes and began to pierce her shoulder.

'... This is the end. I... I didn't make it... I didn't learn to beat any other types of benders. I didn't prove I was strong. And my sister... she'll be alone. I- I failed.'

Her eyes had shut the moment the blade touched her flesh. They stayed shut a moment; she expected not to be able to open them again. To her surprise, though, her attacker had been pulled away at the last second. The slice of the blade had left a nasty cut in her shoulder, but she'd live. It had been prevented from cutting too deeply, and hadn't hit anything vital.

"Leave now! We will not have any mercy on those who insist on chasing us! - The blood of your friends will be on your hands!"

Ominous voices rang through the clearing, and Koreal began to notice swirling blue flames around the edges of the area. Looking at them head-on was disorienting... or maybe that was just the pain from her wounds getting to her. She shook her head and tried to steady herself. Once she felt fairly confident she wasn't going to fall over, she gathered her wits and tried to respond to the voice, wherever it was coming from.

"We're not chasing anyone! We're just making camp in the woods for the night! If we need to leave we can, but please, at least explain what we've done wrong so we don't keep doing it. I, at least, was just getting ready to sleep for the night, and have no ill intention towards anyone."

MemoryDoner

Almost shocked by the situation Luka stumbled back a bit. While he tried his best to his hide his clear surprise it was obvious what his reaction was. Taking a deep breath in the man attempted to relax himself. It was clear this attack had come from members of the group, though due to the dialogue and emotions traced in said dialogue it didn’t seem like it was their choice. It also seemed like these kids would fight until their bodies could no longer stand and even then it seemed as if they would crawl towards their enemy. This ongoing battle here would only result in large amounts of casualties in between the party. Regaining some of his lost confidence Luka checked his surroundings first.

“The night is dark and lukewarm, it’s decently cloudy but the stars and the moon shine through with ease. The ground is dry and barren in the nearby area. There’s a mix of elements ahead of me, though based off of the flying leaves and gusts of pressure I can fee I should assume the most common type is air. Meaning that in this situation water wouldn’t be too effective, however ice would work as thick shield as well as slow down the less experienced water benders” Luka whispered to himself.

Inching closer Luka looked down at himself. Analyzing the items he had been carrying.

“Tow satchels full of water, medium sized knife, pouch of dried rations, and a large wooden rod also containing water. I need to firstly separate the battle and defuse the situation..”

Dropping both of his hands to his flasks Luka quickly pulled them out from their respective straps. Quickly unscrewing both he tossed them both into the air, water beginning to fall. Quickly after he grabbed his staff, pulling out the icy orb stored within the top and mimicking his prior motion, throwing it into she sky. Temporarily storing the now wooden stick once again the bender began to combine the three water sources in the air. Once in a large bubble he mimicked the motion of waves, pushing the water towards the fight, specifically those against the Rei man he had met earlier seeing as they were the ones who had started the conflict. As the water neared them in began to shift its state of matter and temperature, melding into it’s icy state it formed a medium sized barrier with a few spikes sticking out to catch the pieces of earth and ice being thrown around the field.

“Next to prepare.”

Running towards the group of people Luka reached down back onto his belt, grabbing the wooden staff. Holding it with two hands now he cracked it down the middle with his knee. Holding a stick in each hand he looked towards the fire bender.

“Hot stuff I need a light source, now. I’m going to locate whatever caused your friends here to start their blood craze. If anyone wants to come with me volunteer now. If not just hand me some fire and I’ll be out of this fight as soon as I can.”

=Nightshade=

Hot stuff? It took Tazia a second to realize she was being addressed. She jerked around to face Luka, only partially annoyed that he had a point. “Tch,” she growled, eyes sliding away, then casting a slightly longing glance back at Nina and the rest, still fighting against their will. “Dammit.” She let out a few more… choice words… before shaking her head in frustration. When she met Luka’s gaze again, her eyes were determined.

“I’ll come,” Tazia said with a sharp nod. “My bending’s only so effective at night, and a metal flail can only hold back so much. I don’t want to kill any of them.” She hissed in a deep breath, then released it with a kiai in a quick palm strike, aimed at the sticks Luka held up. “Hai!” The flames greedily caught on the wood, crackling with light and heat.

Tazia turned to Yael. “I’m gonna need you to keep an eye on the others here, okay, buddy?” She stroked the tigerdillo’s face plate, and he leaned into her hand. “Keep everyone safe for me.” Then she straightened again, taking a ready stance with her three-piece staff. “I’m ready.”

MemoryDoner

With the two sticks on fire, now creating a rich like item Luka handed one to Tazia. Keeping the one currently held by his dominant right hand he held it up a bit, hoping to brighten the area. Scanning his eyes around he spotted what he was looking for. A small beaten path that branched deeper into the woods from this very campsite. From the heavily planted footprints running across the path Luka was pretty damn confident that it was where the whole cause of this situation was located. Looking back towards the fire based fighter he nodded.

“Stay close. We’re going to make a break for the exit towards whoever or whatever is causing this. I’m going to use some of the ice to create a water shield to cover us, but I don’t have 360 degrees of cover. If anyone comes up behind us blast them at one of their connection points like the knee or elbows. It won’t kill them but it’ll keep them from following us.”

The tan skinned man started to pull back and fourth with his hand, chipping off a piece of the icy wall. As it pulled off it melted back into the liquid state it had originated in. Lifting to the left of Luka and Tazia the bender began to run towards the path he needed to, making sure he didn’t leave the light haired girl too far behind.

=Nightshade=

“Got it,” Tazia muttered, glancing from left to right, making a few experimental circles with her staff, whipping it around expertly. The girl took the torch offered with a little skepticism, considering she could make her own fire with a breath. But having an extra source of flame at her disposal certainly wouldn’t hurt, and it would be less draining than sustaining a constant flame from her body without the strength granted her by the light of the sun. Tazia followed a few feet behind Luka, fleet-footed, keeping enough range to swing her staff comfortably and keeping a constantly swiveling, watchful gaze on the dark trees around them.

"The why do you send more of you after me?!"

The three attackers floated over the fire ring created around them and went after Luka and Tazia, weapons held out. They didn't seem eager to stop, they were like arrows flying directly at the targets.

Meanwhile, the blue flames increased in size, absorbing the flames created by Tazia. Soon, the campsite was now in the middle of a fiery ring, the blue flames starting to create heat and expand, wider and wider. It was only a matter of seconds before they reached the trees around them and once that happened, they would began to spread wildly.

MemoryDoner

Looking up the incoming attacks Luka stepped back. Landing next to Tazia he leaned in to whisper his plan of attack. Whipping the water around to temporarily cover the two.

“This is good. These three immediately switched their focus into us. Meaning that we’re heading towards something they don’t want anyone here to see. For now we should continue our mission, your friends can hold these guys off. We just need to make it to the path while cutting them off of us. So..”

Moving his hands around in a flat circular position the water looked back onto Luka. Connecting two large tentacles on his back the water reached up, wrapping around the warrior. The tentacles meeting in the front they pooled together, leaving a large watery orb floating in the air.

“We need to create a cover that will not only blur our attacker’s vision but also give us enough time to get away as well as keep our side safe. Our current resources aren’t much, however.. All of these conditions can be easily created with a simple mix. Tell me, what’s the outcome of mixing water and fire?”

Ai had been doing their orders as Mu had told them, the Ostrich Horse had been running around and found an injured person, seemingly trying to reason with whatever attacked the group. Ai gave off a Squawk, which resounded to Ahnah and Mu.

"Does anyone know how to any healing beyond the basics?" Mu asked.

"I do," Ahnah responded, knowing some of her skill could be used if the Ostrich Horse found someone injured, "Akuma, we need to find that Ostrich Horse."

Akuma immediately listened around, and heard the squawk, following the sound. Akuma approached the source and found a water bender.

"You okay," Ahnah responded, "I'm Ahnah of the Southern Water Tribe, I can attempt to heal your injuries."

Ahnah hopped off Akuma, she gave a look that meant to defend his owner while she starts healing, or attempting to heal.

"Where do I need to start?"

=Nightshade=

Tazia felt an urge to make a sarcastic retort to what she viewed as the waterbender’s condescension, but settled for rolling her eyes. Mostly because the torch in her mouth made it sort of hard to talk. She’d thrown it and caught the wood in her teeth in order to use both hands on her staff; there was a far larger variety of attacks she could perform with both hands free, and their greatest ally was unpredictability. But, as it turned out, it didn’t matter much, as Luka had sheathed them in a bubble of water to tell her the plan… and to ask a painfully obvious question about the mix of fire and water.

The girl made an irritated grunting noise around the torch, something akin to, “who wouldn’t know something like that?!” but the affirmation in Tazia’s tone was clear enough. Without waiting for a signal, she began spinning her staff in a circle, whipping up a fair amount of dust within their thin water bubble shield. But soon fire joined the air whirling around the staff, becoming a spinning wheel of flame. When Tazia felt like she’d built up enough momentum and urged the fire into enough of a frenzy, she released it with a lash of the flail weapon. It hissed violently upon contact with the water barrier, throwing up a massive cloud of scalding steam.

Tazia jerked her head to the side, torch still clenched in her teeth, as if to say, “well? What are you waiting for?” It was an invitation for Luka to lead, because she sure as hell didn’t know where they were going. The only reason she could still see him in the steam cloud was because they’d already been so close together when it erupted— and even then she could just make out his shadowy outline. His plan had indeed worked as intended, Tazia had to give him credit for that. Plus, this guy’s not a bad leader at all. None of the superiority complex of Ponytail. Still, the steam around them was hot and stinging— if they didn’t get moving soon, blisters and burns wouldn’t be too far behind. “Less oove,” (Let’s move) she growled around the stick. Then, unable to resist an attempt at sarcasm:“Ah ‘in’t ‘ettin’ any’oun’er.”

MemoryDoner

Steam erupting around Luka he knew he had to quickly react. Looking down towards the ground Luka smirked, though just a little. When needing to bend its faster and more efficient for a water bender to use both hands. On top of this Luka was almost completely sure he would forget the direction of the path he needed to be on. That would be if he didn’t have a marker pointing right towards it. Right before he hand blended the shield around the two the water based warrior had placed his torch down, pointing the end that was currently set ablaze towards the campsite’s exit. Picking up the torch Luka grabbed Tazia’s arm with his free hand.

Whispering in “Stay quiet! I get those who bend fire are hot-headed but you must remain calm. If you continue to yell you’ll give away our location and ruin the whole point of this steam screen. Now come along. The more time we spend here the more danger we put everyone here in.”

Slightly bending his knees Luka brought himself closer to the ground. Dashing off the tanned man made sure to keep the noise he created to a minimum, as well as to not run at a medium pace. He did this to make sure he wouldn’t run into any incoming attacks, objects, or terrain and to keep an achievable pace for the pink haired girl he was dragging along. Exiting the recently created cloud of steam Luka spotted the path. While the man’s face and arms did lightly sting the effects from the heat weren’t too harsh, easily treatable by any doctor or water. Growing even lower to the ground he pushes himself forward and onto it. Almost immediately after doing so he slid into the shrubbery and plant life supplied by the forest surrounding the route.

“It’d be better if we moved in the woods for a bit. That steam should have distracted those savages for now but whoever or whatever is controlling them isn’t stupid. It’ll know we reached here. Because of that it’s best to remain hidden, silent, and behind cover. But for now let’s just move forward.”

Sore rushed towards the spear woman at full speed, closing the gap in mere seconds. He pictured his first moves in his head, how he would intercept the sword with his bracers and glance it to the side, how the spear woman would then have free rein to make the swordsman into a bloody canvas, and how they would then move to help others. His mental plan fell apart as the spear woman seemed to hesitate at the sound of his voice, her eyes drifting away from her attacker for just a moment; and in that same fragment of time Soro saw a hundred faces flash before him, both friend and foe, relaxing and releasing tension, eyes softening, as they embraced death on the stage of battle. A hundred faces that finished with the face of a lover he once knew, whose blue eyes stained his memory and haunted his dreams, before they too stared at death longingly. Then, he returned to the face of the girl before him and found himself motionless. Those eyes, those grey storm clouds, they seemed different from all the others. Her eyes closed, and he could only watch in a stupor as she left the mortal realm.

The world seemed to pause as the swordsman's blade sliced a heavy gash into the poor girl's shoulder, everything from Soro's perspective ceased to register. But then she caught him off guard for the second time within that same minute. The blade had stopped. It was nothing short of a miracle, as if fate itself had stepped in. The swordsman randomly stopped, then withdrew. The flames, the attackers, and the chaos happening around them did no longer mattered. The girl began speaking to some unknown being that had addressed them, as if she had not been on the precipice of the end of her mortality, but Soro figured this woman was not to tempt death once more.

"Apologies in advance, but you're not going risk yourself a second time."

Soro swept the girl up gently but briskly, his arms holding up her upper back and under her knees, and dashed into the surrounding tree line.

Koreal tried to maintain focus as the voices answered, querying why, if what she said was true, more people were sent after the source of the voice. The wounded warrior realized that whatever was going on, further antagonistic behavior towards whatever was attacking them would only make things worse. She had no idea who was aggravating the attacker, though, so she wasn't sure how to stop it. She considered yelling in hopes whoever was doing it would stop, but before she gathered the breath to do so, she heard a loud squawk from directly next to her. She turned her head a few degrees and spotted the source: an ostrich horse. She recalled the second-in-command of the group riding one, and she assumed this must be the same one, although she had no idea why it was squawking at her. A few seconds later, a polar bear dog and a girl from one of the water tribes hustled up, and the latter began asking if she was alright and offering to heal her. Koreal wanted to shrug her off and say she'd be fine, but suddenly she felt a hand on her upper back and a voice at her side - the same voice that had distracted her less that a minute before. "Apologies in advance, but you're not going risk yourself a second time," it said, and she found herself being lifted from the ground. Her instincts told her to strike out and make the man let her go, but from all he'd said she was fairly sure he was only trying to help her. Despite her unwillingness to strike, though, she certainly had no hesitation in protesting.

"What in the- hey! Put me down, I'm not- who? I-"

Before she knew it, though, they'd broken through the overgrowth and were among the trees. Although the man was being gentle, his steps still jostled her lightly, and she bit her lip as flashes of pain shot through her injuries. She couldn't let the man keep doing this. Bracing herself for the pain to come, she grunted and shifted her weight to try and propel herself out of his arms, but she either misjudged the physics of her maneuver or the strength of the man, and merely ended up wiggling around a bit and accidentally poking him in the side with the butt of her spear. She huffed and turned her head to glare at him.

"Seriously, put me down. My arm's injured, not my legs. I can walk on my own. And I need to get back to the clearing, my little sister is back there. I can't just leave her alone!" She took a breath between sentences, and continued, "Besides, it's just a scratch, I can walk it off." she lied through her teeth, as if the blood beginning to turn the blue of her sleeves red wouldn't give her away. "I have to go back. Please."

Soro chuckled as the girl tried to get out of his grip, ignoring the butt of the girl's spear that had poked into his side. The girl was obviously lying, he witnessed her almost die to a sword just moments ago and could visibly see the gash worsening. She would not be able to leverage a spear as she had before and thereby would be far less effective of a fighter, that much was certain. However, he also would not be the one to tell such a determined warrior that she could not go back to help a loved one.

"Alright, I'm going to let you down, but if you don't agree to my terms I will pick you back up and won't look back until I'm physically handing you over to your father alright?"

Soro set the girl down gently, feet first before gripping her unhurt shoulder, her face facing him, the girl visibly irked.

"First, you're going to let me treat your injuries. I'm a gladiator from Ba Sing Se and have my fair share of wounds, so I can already tell you're going to pass out from blood loss if not taken care of soon. Secondly, you're going to give me your name and an explanation on what that chaos is all about. Thirdly, you don't leave my sight and you let me fight with you. If you don't agree to those terms I won't let you go back. Sound fair?"