• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Blades, Wings and Fire (discussion)

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Sorry I was at a barbeque

@Red Gallade can you change the ninja family part, because ninja and samurai are enemies. If you want to keep the ninja family thing, you could say they act like samurai or are disguised as samurai. Also the part about him having his dragon is not needed, we're going to get our dragons via the entrance exam.

Name: Renz Flintrock (What?! I came up with this username for my HTTYD OC!)

Appearance: Renz is fairly tall, with brown hair that's almost black, but not quite. His eyes are a greeny-blue mix, and his skin is very slightly tanned. He wears brownish pants and a long grey-blue shirt, tied with a leather belt and a crossing leather strap that goes over his shoulder. The belt has a sheath for his sword, and the strap has a place to fasten his shield. This outfit may change later.

Personality: Renz is a little introverted, but not overly so. If you can get him talking, he makes a great friend, but this doesn't happen often. Ever since he was little he has been intimidated and fascinated by dragons, and while the buildup to entering the School of Dragons is harrowing for him, he is ultimately excited to try. He just hopes he can survive.

Weapon: Shield and a shortsword.

Backstory: Growing up, Renz's life was fairly uneventful. Although he had scrapes any young boy would get into, there were no truly tragic moments in his life. Since there was a dragon around the house since he was born, he was fascinated with them as soon as fascination was a possibility with his young brain. Although his family wasn't particularly affluent or high-standing, he was trained with weapons since he turned eight. He started with daggers, although in a controlled environment, and eventually picked out swords as the weapon he wanted to use. Between training with weapons, learning from his parents about dragons and getting a general education from them, he tried to spend what spare time he had preparing himself by playing with others, reading, and various other passtimes. He knew he was destined to try to be a tamer of dragons, and he split his attention between preparing for this and making sure that, if he died in the attempt, he hadn't missed out on much.

Name: Clypus
Race: Mountain Tentwing
Element: Wind
Link abilities: Besides the large wingspan of the species that makes them excellent fliers, Tentwings have a few other capabilities. They are known to assume a defensive posture, using their strong wings as a tent-like shield and lashing out with their long tail. They are also capable of causing strong gusts of wind with their wings, and legends say that some have caused tornadoes and hurricanes. However, this specific individual only has access to the basic defensive dome and wing winds. For an actual link ability that happens when he's bonded with Renz... IDK. I don't want to be OP at all, so I'm having trouble thinking of much more...
Appearance: After hatching: A small, grey-silver wyrmling, about two feet long including the tail. He has small nubs on the rear of his head, which will eventually grow out into larger horns. His teeth are small but sharp, and his yellow-green eyes are forward facing, as with most members of the species. His neck is mid-length, allowing him to turn his head fairly well but not to look directly behind him. The wings are located right behind the neck, and while they appear normal they are not yet fully formed and he is unable to fly. Tentwings are bipedal, and use the claws on their wings to crawl. While they are capable of moving at a decent pace on land, adults usually fly if they have the chance. Finally, the long whiplike tail, which is used for balance and defense against enemies. (While Tentwings are by no means small dragons, they are often threatened by large predators and other dragons.)
As an adult, the coloration has shifted to a slightly duller color on the backside, while the underside is a brighter silver. The horns have grown out and the teeth are larger, and both wings and tail are fully developed. The maw has also elongated.
Personality: Like most tentwings, Clypus is rather reclusive and timid. While in the company of those he is used to, he is friendly and enjoys being pet. He is an avid hunter, going after any prey he can find, assuming Renz doesn't need him elsewhere or if he's full. Even then, he may stalk prey just for the fun of it. He also enjoys sparkly things, although not as much as others. He tends to shy away from strange dragons, primarily out of instinct, and he is afraid of canines.

Last edited:
I know this. I didn't specifically say anything about them because I wasn't sure on the specifics. At least one of them is, I just didn't decide to go into detail with which and which kind. (Probably the dad, though.)

Man, why today... normally I'm available to post quite often but there's nothing going on, and today, the day when I can't be on, there's a butt ton of activity XD. All right, is it okay if I make an attempt at getting an egg in my next post?

I hope I didn't do anything too out of order in that post, because it took FOREVER. Like I said at the beginning of that post, it's much later in the challenge and should be ignored since it happens far after where others currently are. My idea for the end there is that since he pretty much made it back, the adults with dragons would step in and drive off the parents. They need to get back to their nest anyways. I'll do this in a later post, if that's all right. In any case, I'm going to need some sleep.