• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA" the flotsam lot 2.0

After reading the thread, I now see that there has been a misunderstanding. The exam has started already. There won't be any further explanation, as part of the test is testing the student's problem solving skills- if they do get turned around there are drones to assist them. Y'all are good to start when ready :D

Also, the obstacles you do don't have any particular order, there are multiples of each obstacle.

Last edited:
Drone: go that way.
Ren: things lil flying dude.
Drone: No. That way.
Ren: my bad. I get a little confused sometimes.
Drone: *turns Ren in the correct direction*

@Arrivederchi @Red Gallade @Mystic Zander
We are waiting on your guys' posts in order to continue. If you don't respond by the end of today, I'm going to assume you dropped the thread and we'll move on without you. If you're having any trouble, please let me know. If you can't decide which obstacles to choose, I suggest plugging them into an online wheel that will pick for you (that's what I did)

@Red Gallade it's not a major part of the RP. You can chose to do either like 1 sentence per obstacle, or, if you would like, I can give you a free pass to just skip the obstacle part. Obviously all our characters are going to make it in the long run, so you can just move ahead and say that he did the obstacles.

@Arrivederchi has yet to post, but we've spent long enough on this section so we're moving on and they'll have to catch up if they haven't dropped the RP.
I'll make my post for the next part some time tommorow, in the meantime y'all can post the next part if you want. It's just a long road run, I think the best way to write a post for this would be to track your character's condition and thoughts in the beggining, middle, and end of the run.

Is there anything notable about this run? What are we looking at here? Are there twists and turns? Are there hills to go up and down? Stairs? is it a pure straight away?

It's pretty straight forward. They are running through the city. From my understanding, Japenese cities are pretty flat so I wouldn't worry about hills or anything. There isn't any mandatory turns, as Mr. Hamikaru pointed out the end point is directly across from the school. Some may try to take short cuts whilr others may simply follow the side walk, but you can get there from just going straight.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
@Captain Cardboard Just one little thing. Red hadn't actually turned into a massive ball. That would've happened if the super move was performed normally. Red was instead formed into a large wheel equal to a monster truck tire, hence it was the variant 'Wrecking Drifter's (like a car drifting) Slingshot' instead of the regular 'Wrecking Slingshot'. Not that big a deal, just wanted to mention.

DevVoid

As the blob of flesh takes from Yuzo, it also copies damage inflicted on Yuzo onto itself. Thus, it has developed a rather keen sense on protecting Yuzo at all costs since he is physically weaker than it is. This doesn't go in reverse though, so any damage on Red is not mirrored onto Yuzo.

Additionally, the blob of flesh cannot grow beyond double of Yuzo's height and shrink below half of it. What it shifts into is based on Yuzo's knowledge, so things he doesn't know about, the blob cannot turn into.

Decided to make some changes to Red's setbacks, aswell just explain the damage mirroring more. Just thought it'd make more sense if Yuzo doesn't have damage inflicted on Red mirrored onto him considering only Red draws his strength from Yuzo. Aswell as that, I thought that since Red already has double of Yuzo's physical and mental capabilities, why would he not be able to shapeshift with the same limitations, that being double and half of Yuzo's own size?

Last edited:
Decided to make some changes to Red's setbacks, aswell just explain the damage mirroring more. Just thought it'd make more sense if Yuzo doesn't damage inflicted on Red mirrored onto him considering only Red draws his strength from Yuzo. Aswell as that, I thought that since Red already has double of Yuzo's physical and mental capabilities, why would he not be able to shapeshift with the same limitations, that being double and half of Yuzo's own size?

Perhaps I'm just confused... but it seems to me like you just withdrew all of his setbacks. If taking away the two major limitations- what is left? I'm just asking for clarification, because he doesn't seem to have any quirk-related weaknesses now.

Whoops- here comes the double post.

I just wanted to check in with everyone because I know the next part of the exam will be the most difficult to efficiently run through. Hopefully we'll be able to help each other out. If you just want to do your own thing- feel free. Just beat a few robots (or avoid them all) and then find your way to the end spot of the exam. However, if you have another plan for your character (rescue/be rescued, work as a team, etc) I suggest you post your idea here so that we can work it out together.

DevVoid

Perhaps I'm just confused... but it seems to me like you just withdrew all of his setbacks. If taking away the two major limitations- what is left? I'm just asking for clarification, because he doesn't seem to have any quirk-related weaknesses now.

That's far from all the setbacks, though. I'll list all setbacks here again to go over them.
Setback: As already seen above, this shapeshifting blob of flesh can only move and act while still attached to Yuzo. If removed, it will shrivel up, darken into a brown colour and cease moving until Yuzo manages to make contact with it again.

As also seen above, while the blob of flesh can control things it covers/enters, it will not do so without Yuzo allowing it first, and even then, its reach to what it can cover is very limited considering it still needs to stay attached to Yuzo.

As the blob of flesh takes from Yuzo, it also copies damage inflicted on Yuzo onto itself. Thus, it has developed a rather keen sense on protecting Yuzo at all costs since he is physically weaker than it is. This doesn't go in reverse though, so any damage on Red is not mirrored onto Yuzo.

Additionally, the blob of flesh cannot grow beyond double of Yuzo's height and shrink below half of it. What it shifts into is based on Yuzo's knowledge, so things he doesn't know about, the blob cannot turn into.

Staying attached still is a major drawback, and Yuzo is weaker than Red, so that is another major drawback to take down Red quickly. Be it by a suprise attack, a sneak attack or just overwhelming Red/Yuzo's senses, he can still be taken down if the focus isn't put on Red, but rather on Yuzo.

Also, while the growth limit is increased, the shrinking limit is decreased, and Red still can't just shape into whatever; Yuzo will actually have to know beforehand what exactly he wants Red to shift into, aswell as let him know, else the result will be different from what Yuzo wanted.

Also also, the damage mirroring only works in this way: when Yuzo is hit first, Red will take the same damage in the same area. It doesn't work the other way, wherein Red is the first one hit and Yuzo is the one having it copied onto him, since it wouldn't make much sense as Yuzo isn't drawing his strength from Red.

On the topic of the exam, Yuzo and Red will bash in a few robot heads, maybe help out who needs it, and move on to the exit if nothing else comes up for them. That's my plan for them, anyway.

Last edited:
Wasn't the last stretch of this course where they fight off "villains" or something?
The whole exam is technically a race. But the last bit is riddled with 'villain' robots which are programmed solely to take out students and guard the goal/ end of the race. This bots are not only stronger than the U.A. bots, but also more hostile. There is all sorts of robots, but no giant destructive beasts like UA's 0-pointer.

@DevVoid that seems fine to me. You don't seem like the type to make your character OP during the RP, so I'm alright with it for now. I may ask you to tone it back later, but I won't ask you to change the quirk at all.

DevVoid

The whole exam is technically a race. But the last bit is riddled with 'villain' robots which are programmed solely to take out students and guard the goal/ end of the race. This bots are not only stronger than the U.A. bots, but also more hostile. There is all sorts of robots, but no giant destructive beasts like UA's 0-pointer.

@DevVoid that seems fine to me. You don't seem like the type to make your character OP during the RP, so I'm alright with it for now. I may ask you to tone it back later, but I won't ask you to change the quirk at all.
If it's any reassurance, I don't plan on making any other big changes to Red or Yuzo.
The only other thing I'm thinking of changing is making Red's name Yozu instead since I think it could fit more to the twin/clone theme the two have, but it'd probably get confusing.

Anyway, the only reason I've done the two changes to the setbacks was that I saw them more logical. Yuzo doesn't draw his strength from Red, so why would the damage that Red takes be mirrored onto him? And since Red is already double of Yuzo's capabilities, why would he not have a maximum size that is double of Yuzo's own height? It just fits in more IMO.

I, um, lied very badly. Sorry guys, I know I said we'd move on but I got busy. My basketball league just got the all-good to play, and my coach sprung practices on us right away. Between 6 am practices, school, 3 pm conditioning, and work- my life got really busy really quickly. I'll likely get that post up over the weekend. Sorry, again D: .

Oh cool. Basketball sounds like a ton of fun. Them exercising drills sound even more fun, IMO. Yeeaaah... It's fun cause its actually not. Good luck with that conditioning stuff. Good luck getting outta bed the next day after doing conditioning stuff. :p Them sore muscles from running lap after lap after lap. Good times.

I'll probably get another post up tomorrow as well. Anybody wanna robot fight tag team? No big deal if you don't. I figured Id ask just in case.

Okay, so the post I'm working on will have a 5 minute warning. Remember that this is a race, we're only taking on robots to either show off the character's skill or because the bots are in the way. Once the warning sounds, the characters better haul ass to the finish line (likely encountering a robot or two to either defeat of evade on the way there). Here's to praying Ren doesn't sleep through it.

Last edited:
Are we waiting on anyone or can we time skip? I'll write a finishing post for the exam, and then we'll skip to a post or two of the students receiving the letter of acceptance (lil' solo character time) then skip to the first day of school (when things will really get rolling). Just want to make sure I'm not leaving anybody behind.

DevVoid

Are we waiting on anyone or can we time skip? I'll write a finishing post for the exam, and then we'll skip to a post or two of the students receiving the letter of acceptance (lil' solo character time) then skip to the first day of school (when things will really get rolling). Just want to make sure I'm not leaving anybody behind.
Yeah, sure. I was gonna have Yuzo interact with someone, but if it prevents the time skip I can keep that on hold until after the time skip.

Ok thanks. I'll start filling my Character sheet?
Yup, just fill it out and post it here :D. We'll be glad to get you started right with the timeskips.

@Mystic Zander you're the only one yet to respond. Here's to if you weren't getting notifications, if you want to drop out you can either let me know or just not respond and I'll delete Marik from the character list (we can always add him back later if I assume incorrectly).

I'm gonna get that time skip post up tommorow.