• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join BNHA: the flotsam lot

What Should Happen Next?

• Field trip!

• All-Schools (all schools in the area) competition

• VILLAINS

• Skills training (focusing on developing actually skills for quirks)

• More competition?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
No!
I am still here!
I hate when things come up like this, but I'm trying to stick with you guys. These last couple days have forced me away from my computer (which is obviously more important than anything else, unless you're mentally insane.) and so I've been suffering for some time. Last night me and my cousin ended up being stuck in a hospital waiting room until four in the morning (we got there at 10 PM) and the last thing i remember was discussing whether or not oxygen is poisonous and the reason we do not live forever. It was pretty interesting.
Anyways, I am not gone. I wouldn't count me out for the game unless it extends beyond two weeks.

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
*cough* this isn't working. I think its time I grow up and realize this isn't working. We've got a couple of options now- we can skip this completely amd timeksip to the next day (I'll have to come with something) or we could skip to the actual competition (but it appears that people ahve dropped the thread, and that makes it hard to do team-related activities).

IM REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY. I'm here! Bro don't hit the delete button on me! I was wondering why I didn't receive notifications for a while but y'all left me in the dust. I'm caught on the actual RP, it's the discussion doesn't tend to keep notifications on the daily. Again I'm really sorry I'm late.

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Tell me when the large villain fight is, I have a plan to make Seo absent during that day, he'll just have pink eye, but his over-protective parents would never unleash such a thing into a school. I just imagine him cheering at the television violently while eating oatmeal while he gets some odd character development.
(Crap I just realized his quirk allows him to transform into humans.)

JPSomeone

Tell me when the large villain fight is, I have a plan to make Seo absent during that day, he'll just have pink eye, but his over-protective parents would never unleash such a thing into a school. I just imagine him cheering at the television violently while eating oatmeal while he gets some odd character development.
(Crap I just realized his quirk allows him to transform into humans.)
Can he turn into All Might? I'm assuming it's without the quirk. :O

You know what- I literally hate myself for doing this, but I think it'll be good for everyone. Lets just skip this activity- pretend like in the end they ran out of time and there was no competition (some of the students still got to bond tho). We'll time skip to a few days later, and we can start the villain attack. Who wants to help come up with ideas for the villain attack?
I already kinda went over it. Either the villains kidnap one of the students, or badly injure them (preferably someone with two characters so they can still RP as the other one) and all the students come together (behind the tecahers back) to go after the villains.
We'll also likely need some more villains. I can make some NPCs that anyone can play as- or you guys can come up with some.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
You know what- I literally hate myself for doing this, but I think it'll be good for everyone. Lets just skip this activity- pretend like in the end they ran out of time and there was no competition (some of the students still got to bond tho). We'll time skip to a few days later, and we can start the villain attack. Who wants to help come up with ideas for the villain attack?
I already kinda went over it. Either the villains kidnap one of the students, or badly injure them (preferably someone with two characters so they can still RP as the other one) and all the students come together (behind the tecahers back) to go after the villains.
We'll also likely need some more villains. I can make some NPCs that anyone can play as- or you guys can come up with some.
I don't mind having Death Slash going around kidnapping some wanna-be heroes, he'd enjoy torturing them ;)

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
Okay, we should get an explanation of why these villains are attacking the school. What are their motives? Why would they put through the time and effort? What is special about a school of misfits? I would like to expand on the idea before it's anything official. Also, I've been creating a Fakemon region, so these things start to matter for me.

@ThAtGuY101 yep, type up a bio and hop on in. Better get your character in before we start this new arc.

I'll give you a little bit more on the master-mind of this group of villains, which I decided will be called "The Pack". While they were brought together before, simply to test their powers- the group has decided it is time to go public. And what better way than getting revenge on those brats that spoiled their fun last time? The leader still won't make any appearance anytime soon, but his plans will start to be revealed. He orders the villains to capture some students, keep them alive but otherwise do what they want with them. They would use this bait to lure in the news and media- that's when they will share their message with the world. Death Slash is the first to volunteer to capture the children (perhaps in search of his brother, or just to torture some students). He'll either get a group of 3 or 4, or just one person. The villains send a note, blah blah blah, news arrives. Other students see their pal(s) on TV and go to save them. We can say that the teachers got caught up dealing with some other villains so students were on their own.

I really like the plan, but I have a suggestion to make. What if the one(s) who gets kidnapped is someone who already were at the school when the last villain attack happened. Then we could have more spotlight on the newer characters.
Again this is just a suggestion.

But also if we go with some other plan, I volunteer have Fuyuki be one of the captured students (if no one else wants to have their character(s) kidnapped).

Character Form-
Name:
Ren Arasaka
Hero Name (Optional): Bedtime Hero
Age (Year): 16
Appearance (Detailed please): light brown short hair combed to the right, slightly messy hair, dull light blue eyes, thick eye bags, pale, 5' 10 1/2 FT., 175 pounds, slightly muscular.
Hero Costume (Optional): light blue silk pajamas(with yellow and purple stars on it), a green fire resistant bathrobe with a hood(with orange and black Xs and Os, like tic tac toe), red steel toed boots with soft cushioned liner inside(so he can be comfy but not worry about stepping on a nail or having his toes stepped on), silver sleep mask that he usually wears on his forehead or around his neck), and gloves with metal on the knuckles(for some extra pain in his punches)
Personality (Detailed please): Ren is a very friendly carefree guy that is often times oblivious to his surroundings. Ren almost never gets upset or angry and even when he does he's usually so forgetful that he ends up forgetting why he was even mad in the first place thus almost never angry(he will not forget someone ruining his breakfast though). He's also very simple too. every morning he eats the same breakfast, he wants to be a hero because heroes are the "good guys". though despite his simple nature he's a lot smarter than most people give him credit for. though usually that isn't much given the fact that most people who don't know him well usually have low expectations of him.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): Ren tried going to UA several times but always got lost or fell asleep trying. The rejects club just happened to be down the street from his home and also the only one he could actually find.

Quirk (Type):
drowsy breath(mutant)
Explanation: his breath creates neurotoxins that causes those nearby to fall asleep, he can also blow his breath in the direction of someone he wants to make fall asleep. (kinda like yawn from pokémon). his breath is also so cold that when people wake up they feel like they need a blanket or a coat. he is also immune to his breath's effects, also he can walk and talk in his sleep.
Setback: In order to knock someone unconscious you either have to breath it in or have enough of it be come in contact with the skin, he falls asleep if he doesn't move around meaning he is always either moving one of his feet or hands.(he falls asleep a lot), If he gets really confused(happens a lot) or eats a lot he may fall asleep, when he sleep walks he is unaware of what is going on(he might punch someone unfortunate enough to be within punching range or trip and fall over), when he sleep talks he is also unaware of what he is saying(he might reveal a random fact about himself or randomly reveal secret plans away possibly to a villain).
other: 9,999/10,000% of the time someone sleeping under the effects of his breath will have a relaxing serene dream while the 1/10,000% will have a horrendous nightmare(unspeakably scary)

Edit: what arc are we in anyways btw?

I'm going to try read all the posts eventually but that's definitely gonna take a while...

Last edited:

JPSomeone

Character Form-
Name:
Ren Arasaka
Hero Name (Optional): Bedtime Hero
Age (Year): 16
Appearance (Detailed please): light brown short hair combed to the right, slightly messy hair, dull light blue eyes, thick eye bags, 5' 10 1/2 FT., 175 pounds, slightly muscular.
Hero Costume (Optional): light blue silk pajamas(with yellow and purple stars on it), a green fire resistant bathrobe with a hood(with orange and black Xs and Os, like tic tac toe), red steel toed boots with soft cushioned liner inside(so he can be comfy but not worry about stepping on a nail or having his toes stepped on), silver sleep mask that he usually wears on his forehead or around his neck), and gloves with metal on the knuckles(for some extra pain in his punches)
Personality (Detailed please): Ren is a very friendly carefree guy that is often times oblivious to his surroundings. Ren almost never gets upset or angry and even when he does he's usually so forgetful that he ends up forgetting why he was even mad in the first place thus almost never angry(he will not forget someone ruining his breakfast though). He's also very simple too. every morning he eats the same breakfast, he wants to be a hero because heroes are the "good guys". though despite his simple nature he's a lot smarter than most people give him credit for. though usually that isn't much given the fact that most people who don't know him well usually have low expectations of him.
Major Malfunction (Why are they part of the rejects club?): Ren tried going to UA several times but always got lost or fell asleep trying. The rejects club just happened to be down the street from his home and also the only one he could actually find.

Quirk (Type):
drowsy breath(mutant)
Explanation: his breath creates neurotoxins that causes those nearby to fall asleep, he can also blow his breath in the direction of someone he wants to make fall asleep. (kinda like yawn from pokémon). his breath is also so cold that when people wake up they feel like they need a blanket or a coat. he is also immune to his breath's effects, also he can walk and talk in his sleep.
Setback: In order to knock someone unconscious you either have to breath it in or have enough of it be come in contact with the skin, he falls asleep if he doesn't move around meaning he is always either moving one of his feet or hands.(he falls asleep a lot), If he gets really confused(happens a lot) or eats a lot he may fall asleep, when he sleep walks he is unaware of what is going on(he might punch someone unfortunate enough to be within punching range or trip and fall over), when he sleep talks he is also unaware of what he is saying(he might reveal a random fact about himself or randomly reveal secret plans away possibly to a villain).
other: 9,999/10,000% of the time someone sleeping under the effects of his breath will have a relaxing serene dream while the 1/10,000% will have a horrendous nightmare(unspeakably scary)

Edit: what arc are we in anyways btw?

I'm going to try read all the posts eventually but that's definitely gonna take a while...
I'm sorry for the double post in advance.
We're basically on the Bakugo rescue arc with basically 3 - 4 or maybe one person as @Barefoot_Kittens said. Maybe we'll have our own twist on it. Barefoot also said that people with 2 characters should most likely be captured. Anyways that's my really short sunmary.

Okay- wow. Lots going on now. I'll address everything one at a time.
@ThAtGuY101 Ren is accepted- keep in mind that his quirk will be harder to use when in an open space or outdoors. As for what arc we are on, like the 3 or 4th arc, it's a villain kidnapping scheme where the students go and rescue their friends. Also, I don't know what you just posted but it's off topic and confusing. Please delete it and stay focused in the future- as of now refrain from posting until we timeksip. Nothing personal, the Rp is kinda a mess right now.
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo @KeenKitsune @JPSomeone just for the sake of making sense- it'd very possible that these three got kidnapped while all hanging out together. But, for JPSomeone, if Asta is captured you will have no student to RP as and will only be able to play as a villain. @Lazy Millenial Jack can be captured as well, but then you'll have nobody to RP as- I think I'll keep Zuron out of it this time.
@Merciless Medic I think that Zuron and Drayda are a good match- we can discuss some stuff about them in private (I'll shoot you a message) for now we can say they bonded a little through the buddy activity, and maybe we can get them to do so even more during this villain attack.
@Zenhu welcome back from the dead. Unfortunately, this is a big villain moment- which I know makes it awkward for Detsuo. Do with it what you will- what side do you want Detsuo to be on during the battle?

For now- let's all try to wrap up this arc. I know that sounds hard. Maybe one last post that summarizes stuff, then we'll cut to black and try not to think about that atrocity.

okay... any advice on what to post?

Edit: also to the statement about not being good in open spaces he could always compensate by being good at martial arts like tai chi or xing yi?

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
@ThAtGuY101 Ren is accepted- keep in mind that his quirk will be harder to use when in an open space or outdoors. As for what arc we are on, like the 3 or 4th arc, it's a villain kidnapping scheme where the students go and rescue their friends. Also, I don't know what you just posted but it's off topic and confusing. Please delete it and stay focused in the future- as of now refrain from posting until we timeksip. Nothing personal, the Rp is kinda a mess right now.
@IDKWhatUserNameToDo @KeenKitsune @JPSomeone just for the sake of making sense- it'd very possible that these three got kidnapped while all hanging out together. But, for JPSomeone, if Asta is captured you will have no student to RP as and will only be able to play as a villain. @Lazy Millenial Jack can be captured as well, but then you'll have nobody to RP as- I think I'll keep Zuron out of it this time.
@Merciless Medic I think that Zuron and Drayda are a good match- we can discuss some stuff about them in private (I'll shoot you a message) for now we can say they bonded a little through the buddy activity, and maybe we can get them to do so even more during this villain attack.
@Zenhu welcome back from the dead. Unfortunately, this is a big villain moment- which I know makes it awkward for Detsuo. Do with it what you will- what side do you want Detsuo to be on during the battle?

For now- let's all try to wrap up this arc. I know that sounds hard. Maybe one last post that summarizes stuff, then we'll cut to black and try not to think about that atrocity.
Yeah,... i only have death slash and Jack,

JPSomeone

It's fine, I actually want to try playing as a villain. Do you want me to make 1 or do you have one set that I can use?

Truth be told, I'm kind of tired of playing Ciel at the moment, so I don't mind if he gets captured. Plus, it gives me a chance to use Christopher (The Corrupt) and Yoru more.
By the way if it says I'm gone for a long time, I'm probably not. I'm just too lazy to actually hop on my computer and log on, but I see that you want this thread to be more active, so I'll respect that.