• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros 4 (Discussion)

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Welcome!

After the totally normal conclusion to brawl, everything is as it should be. A tournament has now appeared in it's stead. Where did it come from? Why, you are asking too many questions!

Master Hand is back, claiming the reward is not a wish...but the greatest possible thing one could have bestowed upon them. Vague I hear you say? Well, tough! Now, lets gathered the players....

Rules:

• No Dodge spamming
• Follow Charms Guidelines
• Video Game Characters
• Manga personalities of Video Game Characters allowed, so long as specified.
• No Meta Gaming
• Be considerate of your fellow Rper
•No more than 5 characters an Rper

Kumamon (Digimon)
Ranamon (Digimon)
Hareta (Pokemon D&P)
Uratekumon (Digimon Appli)
Specter (Ape Escape)

Last edited:

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I'll have to follow through with the planned roster. Limited now, I must select wisely.

Returning from the obliteration of Brawl, Master Chief Petty Officer John 117 from Halo makes his triumphant return. He's far from done kicking butt.

New to the fray (and crossovers in general) is Kassandra Eagle-Bearer, the demigod and hero from one of the timelines in Assassin's Creed. Alongside her is the rookie cop turned action hero and ultimate survivalist Leon S. Kennedy.
Coming in the number four spot is the one and only soldier who's so great, he's the greatest soldier of all time. Gadgets and gizmos galore, he doesn't have to rely on those to win. Snake will sneak a win out from under your feet before you see him coming.
Last, but faaaaar from least is the most feared and most respected force user the galaxy has ever known. The Keanu Reeves Jedi himself, it's Darth Revan forging his way into the tale.

But if you prefer a less exaggerated list;

Master Chief (Halo)
Kassandra Eagle-Bearer (Assassin's Creed)
Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Snake (Metal Gear)
Darth Revan (Star Wars)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Look it's the funny haha duck man back in action. Here's my list of ultimate ultimateness, only to be out-ultimated by my Bootleg Bros Ultimate list.

Psyduck, from (you guessed it) Pokémon(back and ready to duck up your day)
Master Kohga, from The Legend of Zelda(he's a newbie, but he's still gonna go bananas in the ring)
Daruk, from The Legend of Zelda(also new, but he can take the heat)
Punk, from Roof Rage(yet another new guy, but he's here to take the victory home)
Turner, from Overgrowth(so many new guys, but this is the last one. Hippity hoppity, ...punchline.)

Greetings mortals. It is I, Captain, here from the another plane of existence to bless you with my presence.

We have Jevil from Deltarune. That’s right, he’s not done yet. His chaos has barely begun. Pray you don’t have to play a game against him, as it is one you shall not win.

We have Metal Sonic from Sonic CD and beyond. Fourth time’s the charm, as the saying goes. Metal is here to win the tournament and murder hedgehogs, and he’s all outta hedgehogs.

We have the Monkes from Bloons Tower Defense 5-6. These little guys are as deadly as they are adorable, not unlike actual monkeys. They have a wide array of military-grade weapons and very large numbers. They’re used to popping balloons, but they’re not picky.

We have Machamp from the Pokémon franchise. This large buff boi is extremely powerful, being able to punch hundreds of times per second and can punch even the heaviest of things over the horizon Team-Rocket style.

Finally, we have Pac-Man. While he may look and act pretty friendly, you do not want to fight against him. This hungry boi is the bane of ghosts everywhere, taking down armies of them casually every hour or so. And it’s not just ghosts, he’s able to win against anyone who comes his way. Why else did you think he was in the actual Smash Bros?

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Can't come up with cool puns AAAAAA

Anyway, here's my gang:

- Copen (Azure Striker Gunvolt 2)
- Rebellio (Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX)
- Merak (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
- "Shroom" The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Don't mind me, I'mma just leave this here and be on my way
ALRIGHT EVERYONE! YOU CLICKED ON THIS LIST AND NOW FOR SOME REASON I'M JUST GOING TO BE AN ULTIMATE HYPE BEAST!

FIRST IN THE RING IS KUMATORA FROM MOTHER 3! THE IMPULSIVE PRINCESS ALL THE WAY FROM OSHOE CASTLE IS HERE TO MAKE HER MARK!

NEXT UP WE HAVE BLACK KNIGHT! THE FOIL TO SHOVEL KNIGHT, THE MISUNDERSTOOD ANTIHERO IS HERE WITH HIS SHOVEL TO STIR UP SOME TROUBLE!

AFTER HIM COMES MIPHA FROM HYRULE! THE PRINCESS OF ZORA'S DOMAIN IS MAKING A SPLASH IN THIS TOURNAMENT!

THIS NEXT ONE IS A BIT OF AN ODDBALL, LET'S ALL WELCOME THIEF FROM THE DICEY DUNGEON! TURNED INTO A DICE BY THE ALL-POWERFUL LADY LUCK, THE THIEF IS HERE TO TEST HIS LUCK IN THIS TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS!

FINALLY, YOU KNOW HIM, YOU LOVE HIM, YOU PROBABLY NEVER HEARD OF HIM BEFORE MY STUPID ASS DECIDED TO BRING THIS SMALL BEAN INTO A TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS, EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR THE FAN FAVORITES: BOWIE AND BLOB!

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
After some re-consideration and discussing things with Shen, I've decided to drop three characters into the fray.

Bet you didn't think I'd have only three characters, huh? Well, too bad! ..it's not waluigi time.. not anymore...

First up, we have Death from Castlevania. Literally the grim reaper, the most loyal servant of Dracula, King of Darkness. Bearing a giant scythe that he can change at will, Death is a tough opponent with many different attacks and brings with him the reaped souls of sinners and innocents alike.

Second of, we have Frank. Horrigan. From Fallout, specifically Fallout 2. Frank Horrigan doesn't need an introduction because everyone knows Frank Horrigan. And everyone who doesn't know Frank Horrigan is dead.

Lastly, we have the Terrarian. Returning from the world of Terraria, the Terrarian has come back for round two. After the Lunatic Cultist mysteriously vanished and was never seen again, the Terrarian's world is finally at enough peace for the boy to make a comeback.

Death Vs Yuga:

Fight hasn't really progressed. Barley anything has moved, so it is mainly up for grabs. Which is the least favorite to judge, as material is more important than speculation. But as far as capabilities, Death would have more versatility.
Vote: Death.

terrerian Vs Galacta Knight:

This was a weird animal. Terrerian's multipurpose moveset allowed him to push the advantage, and Galacta Knight managed to counter magnificently, only taking token damage. I would give the win to Galacta Knight if he only managed to press some sort of counter attack, as whenever I thought he would press an attack, he was stopped and didn't managed to dish much out in return. So, I'd give this one to Terrerian this time.
Vote: Terrarian

Pandora Vs Metal Sonic

Only six posts, so another hard judge. But seeing as Pandora was constantly surprised about the swift reflexes by Metal, and how Metal was completely nonchalant in his dealing with her, The air in the room of smug Metal superiority was more or less prevalent.
Vote: Metal Sonic

Daruk Vs Revan

Talk about a battle of strength, these two went at each other like dogs. Daruk seemed to have the advantage at first due to Revan underestimating him, and the relentless attack appeared to go in their favor, but Revan soon retaliated with some force of their own, which Daruk tried again and again to counter, only having limited success. Sorry Daruk, but you were great.
Vote: Revan.

Machamp Vs Black Knight.

Now, with the inactivity aside, Black Knight seemed to have more tactical mentality than Machamp, using more creative methods of attack and engagement than him, who used the same couple tricks near the whole match. While being a one trick pony *can* work, the way Black Knight quickly adapted was proving otherwise in this engagement.
Vote: Black Knight

Dark Matter Vs Gemini man.

A surprising turn out to say the least. Gemini man tossed out some really difficult to counter tricks one wouldn't know naturally how to deal with, but Dark matter actually tossed a wrench in that plan and gave a metaphorical backhand to the entire operation. I think in a couple posts, Gemini man would have been all but defeated.
Vote: Dark Matter

comic

Death vs Yuga
I feel like, from what little we've seen so far, that Yuga has held his own pretty okay, but he doesn't have the necessary skills and abilities to take down an enemy like Death. Considering this fight is barely off the ground, my vote is cast more as an expectation than an observation.
Vote: Death

Terrarian vs Galacta Knight
No offense to the pixel boi but I was rooting for Galacta Knight. As impressive as the Knight is, however, Terrarian has far too wide of an arsenal that's not only kept Galacta on his toes, but kept him from really doing anything the entire match.

Pandora vs Metal Knight
This battle feels less like a match and more like an intentionally elongated stomp. Metal Sonic has owned the fight since it began, and could have ended it at any time while Pandora was put out of her element again and again, proving she didn't have the means to bring him down.

Machamp vs Black Knight
As buffed as this Machamp is, and as much as I expected him to stomp, the Black Knight has been holding his own. Machamp's moveset so far has been incredibly predictable and getting repetitive, which Black Knight seems to be adapting to. Shen put it best, so I won't continue further.
Vote: Black Knight

Dark Matter vs Gemini Man
With such a poor showing in Brawl, I had zero confidence in DM, even against the often overlooked Gemini Man. I expected GM to be the victor, but DM has turned the tides of my expectations, proving *why* he can be a capable threat.

DevVoid

(Doing these in the order I've read)
Daruk vs Revan
Though the two had clashed together with a big show of strength, Revan seems to have the upper hand here. Daruk could've certainly won had he gotten some good hits in with his might, yet I feel like Revan's control over the force is what will inevitably hand him the win.
Vote: Revan

Pandora vs Metal Sonic
Even though this fight didn't have many posts involving it, it's still pretty clear that Metal Sonic easily takes this battle. Pandora hasn't exactly been able to keep up with Metal Sonic battle-wise, so there's really no room for debate here.

Machamp vs Black Knight
Black Knight appears to have held his own against a Machamp who had buffed itself with a Bulk Up. Regardless though, I feel Machamp may be able to take out Terrorpin soon given that its already managed to put a crack on its shell, or at the very least put it in a position that would disallow it to help its master, thus putting Black Knight at a severe disadvantage. And as soon as Machamp gets a moment to take on Black Knight without Terrorpin's interference, I don't see Black Knight finding a way to recover from that. With that in mind, my vote goes to Machamp.
Vote: Machamp.

Dark Matter vs Gemini Man
Now this was something. Gemini Man used some clever techniques to fight with, yet Dark Matter had managed to counter them. Though that White Gemini clone can definitely be of some trouble to it, I think Dark Matter will take this one in due time.

Daruk vs Revan

Whilst Daruk is certainly the bigger hitter between the two of them, Revan's use of the force has allowed him to keep pace and get ahead. I think that Revan will be able to get the win if this keeps going.

My vote goes to Revan.

Terrarian is the embodiment of a Swiss army knife, having way more options than Galacta Knight. Should Galacta Knight manage to deal with one method of attack, the Terrarian can easily work around that without generally sacrificing much power. I think Terrarian can eventually find a way to beat Galacta Knight.

My vote goes to Terrarian.

Black Knight vs Machamp

Whilst Black Knight has a ranged option, Machamp has him and Terrorpin outmatched in the physical department. Not to mention that Machamp can increase his damage output and defensive prowess with Bulk Up, something Black Knight cannot do to my knowledge. Black Knight is also pretty reliant on Terrorpin and Terrorpin can only take so many blows meant for Black Knight before going down. When put in a 1v1 without interference, I severely doubt that Black Knight can beat Machamp.

My vote goes to Machamp.

Death vs Yuga

There's not much to work with, but I've done some research on my own and pitted the two against each other based on versatility and power. In my opinion, Death can take the win here if they use the openings presented to them and live up to the fame of being one of the most notorious Castlevania bosses. Like I said, not much to go off with.

My vote goes to Death.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
I still maintain that Galacta is one of the scarier characters in the roster. Terrarian has versatility, sure, but Galacta has been able to counter pretty much everything so far besides the Zenith, which is Terrarian's most powerful ability. Galacta has equal if not more firepower, and his speed is much greater as well.
My vote absolutely goes to Galacta Knight

Metal Sonic vs Pandora
It's been said once but I'll say it again. Metal's one of the other scary characters in the roster, and while Pandora can limit options and trap characters in her home game, but that's because she hails from a single-screen 2D boss room. Even with electricity being Metal's weakness, nothing she has really puts pressure on the droid with its speed and force field.
My vote? Metal Sonic

Machamp vs Black Knight

Hoo boy. This one is also something that I'm fairly confident in my decision. Black Knight... doesn't really have an advantage over Machamp. The 4-armed menace has more power, speed, versatility, and his dense muscle is about as good as plate mail. I thought it was pretty telling when the muscleman threw the Black Knight's strongest attack into a wall.
My vote goes to Machamp, for he's the cream of the crop, and the cream always rises to the top.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Galacta Defense
So yeah, everyone was once again taken by surprise by terrarian's battle ability (except me this time. I learned). Certainly, the terrarian has a lot of versatility, some that Galacta can't counter as easily as the other pink puff. However there's a reason the terrarian focused on deception and distance so much. Close combat with galacta wouldn't go well, which is why the terrarian tried to keep him back with traps and ranged weapons, including his savior the zenith. This is especially evident when he got into point blank with the firework gun I can't remember the name of, resulting in a damaged Galacta, sure, but the terrarian himself received almost fatal damage if he didn't teleport.
The climax is clearly approaching, with both fighters having received sizable damage. Galacta's speed and mobility makes it hard for terrarian to land a hit or trap, while terrarian's versatility and readiness made safe approach rather difficult, resulting in more risky plays being taken, which ended up with both fighters taking damage. With the state of both fighters, it could easily end once one manages to close in (Galacta), trap(Terrarian), or snipe the other, and Galacta's speed advantage could very well result in the former, even if he has to take a few blows to do so.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Machamp vs Black Knight

Black Knight has two main advantages during this fight: Terrorpin and access to more varied ranged attacks. While it's harder for Machamp to deal with the latter due to there being a limited amount of conveniently placed boulders compared to Black Knight's infinite supply of projectiles, the former has already been partially incapacitated multiple times. It's only a matter of time before Terrorpin is completely out of commission, at which point Black Knight has only the range advantage at his disposal. But with how quickly Machamp can close the distance and how hard he can hit... I have to give this one to the Champ.

Vote goes to Machamp.

Tethi Vs Gemini

Tethi seemed to have an impressive arsenal, albeit Gemini seemed to land a rocket punch, Tethi appeared to consistently throw out strong attacks that gained the upper hand as the battle went on.

Gemini's regeneration factor was a concern that I figured Tethi may not be able to counter. That and a the portal attack, that dumped all sorts of attacks out at random, even refrigerators. Tethi was even killed once Fairly early, showing how much Gemini had the upper hand early

However, she began to strike back, get adjusted to his attacks and even camp out next to them in order to use them to her advantage. So she was stronger mid game.

That advantage began to Peter out though, as Gemini is more so pushing the advantage now. So for the moment, my vote is on Gemini. However that can change quickly. This fight has been a game of hot potato

Vote: Gemini

Yuga Vs Galacta Knight

A six post fight. Yup. It's one of those. Always hard to judge, and usually the most in accurate due to that. But from what I could gather, they didn't do too much to each other, although Yuga seemed to do more meaningful hits, and has a surprise attack planned, so that's one that Galacta Knight thus far look unprepared for. Giving that Yuga evaded a bisection in the process and remains unshaken sways my vote.

Vote: Yuga

Weaville Vs Copen

Now this one may be a hot take. But the proof is in the pudding. Copen seemed to have the obvious advantage in long range weaponry, attack method, and diversity. It looked like it would be a Copen victory from the get go. But boy, the core rule of smash bros is: don't underestimate anyone.

Weaville immediately proved it's craftiness by snatching lola and *using* her as a weapon, not only to lure Copen into attacks, but also to use it as an attack! That was crafty! Not only that, but they seemed to have the speed to keep up with copen, using shady tactics to offset the few parity in pure firepower.

Copen got in a great lick, which made me reconsider my vote for a second, but this was quickly shaken off, as for every attack Weaville was exposed to: the more they knew how to exploit. Copen seemed to start to rely on lola to help evade, and knowing how Weaville got it in his grips before? The likelihood of him taking her out of commission was high.

Vote: Weaville

Machamp Vs Merak

Right off the bat, Machamp delivered several blows go Merak's chair, blocking missiles effortlessly. After this first display of strength though, Merak caught on to this trend pretty fast though, beginning to take countermeasures. Even then, Machamp ran circles around him, delivering blow after blow completely unhindered by tricks.

However, Machamp *DID* spam protect way too often then it should, which will be closely monitored going into next rounds... and it does NOT cover 360° around a target.

Overall? This entire fight can be summed up by Merak's Quoted: 'That barrier is OP...'

Feel Merak was dealt a bit dirty on this one, but I will hesitantly vote for...

Vote: Machamp

Psyduck Vs BTD Monkees
It's funny. You'd think the BTD Monkees would have the obvious advantage of utility vs a unevolved duck. But said duck managed to shock me the way he handled lightning, clever use of disable, and zen headbutted his way into the winning circle for me. Sorry monkees, the duck's got my vote. Gotta be impartial.

Vote: Psyduck

Shroom vs Kirobot

This one seems to be a classic Speed Vs Power debate. It would appear speed is the one doing wonder this time. Shroom evaded, leaped, and even pogo-sticked stop the robot with it unable to swipe it response. Between this and it's ability to slide through shadows.

...why this was abandoned halfway through the fight I don't know. From this point on it was utterly brutalized by a giant Mech suit, burned, and charred. Think this one is clean cut.

Vote: Kirobot

Snake Vs Amaterasu

Snake reeeeally did well early on, managing to stop many blows from connecting, sending the goddess to lose her edge pretty fast from the beginning. Near the middle point the wolf began to strike back, but it wasn't enough to catch up from where snake was on the overall damage game.
Vote: Snake

Last edited:

comic

Tethi v Gemini
I don't know much about them, and Gemini is a tough foe for good reason- but if I'm being honest, Tethi has been more than pulling her weight, especially as the fight has gone on longer. More than that, I think she has what it takes to not just continue prevailing, but to win.
Vote: Tethi

Galacta Knight v Yuga
Again, I'm not well-versed in these two, but it's been obvious from the get-go that Galacta was in a higher league than his opponent- but I will say, Yuga has himself a fair amount of slimy tricks up his sleeves that I think he holds his own, even if he doesn't quite stack up in actual combat. With the fight having just started, it's anyone's game, but I'm thinking it's Yuga's game today.

Copen v Weavile
Weavile is my favorite Pokémon, hands down- but I wasn't expecting much from her going into this fight. She's held her own surprisingly well against Copen, but it's clear he's far from being matched in this fight, let alone outmatched. They are learning off of each other, but Copen has a wider arsenal and Weavile's tricks may become more predictable. I hate to say it but...
Vote: Copen

Merak v Machamp
Machamp suffers a lot from the thing he thinks Merak has; predictable moves. Machamp is a physical force to be met, for sure, but one look on Merak proves that Machamp is far from shaking the guy. However, Merak has suffered a lot of damage to his arsenal, as Cap elaborated in a defense. Merak just hasn't been able to deal the damage he needs to secure himself a win.

BTD v Psyduck
This fight hasn't gone really anywhere. It can be either party's game to be honest, which makes voting harder. Psyduck has the capabilities to win- but if BTD survives long enough, Psyduck would be completely outmatched. However, his tactics have left the BTD gang unable to compete, and I believe Psyduck is on his way to the victory he needs.

Terrarian v Hareta
This fight has been the longest in round 2, a back and forth of vast arsenals and abilities being thrown at one another relentlessly. One side may be winning one second, then the other side is winning the next. With the biggest stops having been pulled by this point, I believe that Terrarian may edge out above Hareta, though it's very close. Yet, the fight rages on, and it's becoming more and more clear that Hareta is sliding out on top. They're both fighting as hard as they can, but I think Hareta has what it takes to steal the win, despite some odds in Terrarian's favor, who's taken too much damage at this point without dealing an equal amount against Hareta himself, who still has more Pokemon.
Vote: Hareta

Shroom v Kirbobot
The little Knight came out strong and swingin', but after some time he just started to take hit after hit. The mech was relentless and Shroom just can't seem to keep up.
Vote: Kirbobot

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Tethi vs Gemini Spark

Gemini has been in the lead for a good portion of the battle, though it's not like Tethi hasn't been getting some good hits in. Things have evened out a bit by now, which makes things a bit harder for me to decide on. The fight's been pretty close as of late, but given how Tethi's Rainbow Protection has already ran out and how frequent and hard to deal with Gemini Spark's attacks are, I think Gemini is more likely to come out on top. Maybe Tethi's most recent strategy will give her an edge, but I'll place my vote on Gemini Spark for now.

Vote: Gemini Spark

Galacta Knight vs Yuga

A short fight is always hard to judge. Galacta Knight has a clear advantage when it comes to speed and power, while Yuga seems better in terms of trickery and ranged attacks, not to mention the occasional forcefield. Even if it's a bit hard to get hits in on Yuga due to wall-merging and clones, I think Galacta Knight will win this one sooner or later. He has powerful yet quick attacks at his disposal, so while Yuga's been holding his own for now, things might not be looking so good for him later down the line.

Vote: Galacta Knight

BTD Monkees vs Psyduck

Man, another hard to judge fight. The monkees have strength in numbers and varied troops at their disposal, but the stronger monkeys can only be summoned later in the fight. Meanwhile, Psyduck has the ability to disable certain monkees to prevent them from appearing, but has to take out Benjamin quick before he can overwhelm him with the stronger units.

I was originally going to vote for Psyduck since he has some good tools to deal with anything that comes his way, but the recent appearance of the Druid may make things much more difficult for him, especially if Benjamin gets the chance to summon even stronger monkees.

Vote: BTD Monkees

Terrarian vs Hareta

A close fight, though this one is thankfully longer, giving both fighters a good showing of their abilities. Hareta is down to his last Pokémon, but it's his strongest by far. With Slow Start no longer hindering Regigigas, the giant is now free to bring the pain. However, Terrarian has an incredible amount of weapons, traps and tricks up his sleeve, giving him a much easier time dealing with Regigigas.

Regigigas has also had the chance to defeat Terrarian, but was forced to save his trainer as to avoid losing. Definitely a big weakness for Hareta. The trainer himself is no slouch though, and can probably take quite a beating before going down himself. So assuming Hareta can avoid being taken out while Regigigas keeps the attacks coming, I think Hareta can take the win here.

Snake vs Amaterasu

Really fun fight all around. Snake and Amaterasu have been trading blows and using all of their tricks to give themselves an edge, while at the same time having the tools necessary to counter the other fighter's tools. Solid eyes, smoke bombs, elemental attacks... this one has also been a close fight, something I didn't expect at first.

Snake's stealth and deception hasn't been as effective as of late, while Amaterasu has taken quite a few hits but has managed to strike back with equal firepower. If things keep going the way they are right now, I think Amaterasu could have a good chance of beating Snake. Recent discussions have brought to my attention the fact that Snake has yet to go all out like he did against Ranamon/Calmaramon, so I'm more confident in a Snake victory now, especially given his adaptiveness.

Last edited:
Kirbobot vs Shroom- Kirbobot

While Shroom did very well at first, he abruptly started taking a LOT of damage, with no flex tape around to fix it. It got burned a buncha times, and started evading less, racking up damage. Meanwhile, Kirbobot hasn’t taken much damage at all, only having taken one big hit, which didn’t even phase it that much. As much as I love the Shroom, gotta give this one to Kirbobot.

Copen vs Weavile- Weavile

As much as I’d LOVE to see Copen and Jevil brawl again, I don’t see the edgy dude winning this one. Weavile’ s just too crafty. The thing frickin STOLE LOLA AND YEETED HER BACK AT HIM. That’s clever, and I don’t think that’s the only trick the pokémon has up her sleeve. Double Team is also very useful, considering its variety of uses, and Weavile’s speed and ice platforms have effectively dealt with most of Copen’s attacks thus far. Sorry anime boy, but I’d say this one goes to Weavile.

Snake vs Ammy- Ammy

This one’s REALLY close to me. Snake has his stealth and deception, but Amaterasu had been dealing with that really well so far, getting a few good hits in and quickly learning Snake’s tricks. Of course, Snake probably has considerably more tricks at the ready, so it’s not an easy win for Ammy by any means. While this one is less set-in-stone than the others, my vote goes to Amaterasu for now.

Tethi vs Gemini- Gemini

This one seems pretty close, but I’d say Gemini edges out. His attacks have been rather hard for Tethi to deal with, and he’s already racked up a buncha damage on her. However, Tethi HAS been able to hold her own impressively well thus far, so it’s not totally over for her yet. It’s possible for it to change, but my vote goes to Gemini for the moment.

Galacta vs Yuga- Galacta

I’d say Galacta Knight has a relatively obvious advantage here. While Yuga is good when it comes to range and trickery, Galacta is just SO fast and is pretty dang strong as well, so I bet he will be able to overwhelm Yuga if the fight continues long enough. So, I’m voting for Galacta Knight.

Hareta vs Terrarian- Hareta

This fight, man. It’s been super intense and an overall blast to read, but it’s also pretty close, which doesn’t make it a blast to vote on. At the moment, it seems to be anyone’s game, but I’d say Hareta edges out juuuust a bit. Since Slow Start is no longer hindering it, Regigigas can properly go to town with that sweet, sweet increased attack and speed. While Terrarian has a very vast arsenal and has dished out some incredible attacks, Regigigas has been able to deal with those decently well, even with Slow Start active. Things can only get easier for the golem from here on out in my opinion, so my vote goes to Hareta.

Kirbobot vs Shroom

Imma be real with yall I didn't pay too much attention here, so this is mostly going to be based off of what others said and a quick skim read.
So, I think its pretty obvious the Kirbobot is domineering the match. While I would love to vote the underdog, I can't see Shroom winning (vote could change) :(

Copen vs Weavile

While I can see where others are coming from in voting for Weavile based on stuff like the possibly taking Lola out of commission and adapting pretty well, I'd personally vote for Copen. From what I understand, I'm pretty sure he still has quite a few tricks up his sleeve, plus taking Lola may be harder for Weavile given that Copen's probably smart enough to learn from the mistakes that led to that moment.

Machamp vs Merak

While stuff like protect spam and the mess-up in how protect works does make this REALLY unfair, I feel Merak's been given practically no chance in this fight for the most part :(

However, I agree with Comic's thought process for the most part, and that's affecting my vote so....

Vote: Merak (could be changed)

Snake vs Ammy

Honestly this could go either way. This has been an...interesting match to watch, to say the least. Gonna go for Ammy for the same reasons as the others.

Vote: Ammy

Hareta vs Terrarian

Now, this may seem off, but I'm gonna vote Terrarian. Compared to most legendaries and even compared to most bosses Terrarian has fought, Regigigas isn't exactly the fastest fighter, and while powerful and could very well beat Terrarian, Terrarian really just has to get around him and target Hareta, which may be possible given some of the more wack stuff in Terraria. Of course, that's not to say Hareta defo loses, there's some ways he can win obvs, but rn I see Terrarian winning being more likely.

BTD vs Psyduck

I'm tried of this duck

Vote: BTD (just kidding)

I actually do have some real reasons for my vote: Psyduck certainly has some advantages, such as, surprisingly, speed and actual bouts of tactics. However, the monkeys have a lot as well, such as numbers and eventually power. Plus, while disable is a powerful tool, technically Disable only works to stop the most recently used monkey from appearing, so all Benjamin has to do is bait him into using disable and then bring out an actual threat, really.

Real Vote: BTD monkeys

Last edited:

DevVoid

Tethi vs Gemini
I really like how the elemental disadvantage with Gemini came into play here, and both parties have countered- and struck back against each other well. A back and forth on both parts, like a game of Tennis. As it stands for now, my vote is on the Gemini Man, but it can be swayed.

Vote: Gemini

Yuga vs Galacta Knight
Not many posts to read through here, thankfully. At the moment, it doesn't seem like anyone did much of anything, so I'll just say that Yuga may be able to pull this off if they play their cards right.

Weavile vs Copen
Interesting that Weavile had yoinked Lola away from Copen and held them hostage for the time being, along with adapting to Copen's attacks and making tactics is really clever. Not to downplay Copen's achievements either - he had gotten some good hits in on Weavile. But, I do have to note - Weavile isn't exactly a pokemon known for its high hp and even with smart tactics and adaptation, I think this speedy glass cannon may just be wiped by Copen, assuming he himself manages to catch on to Weavile's dirty tricks.

Machamp vs Merak
Overlooking certain moments, Merak already has some weapons of his gaming chair crippled and Machamp has done some clever moves throughout the fight. I don't mean to downplay Merak's own progress of taking down Machamp, but given how things stand right now, I have to say that Machamp may be more likely to take this home.

Monkeys vs Psyduck
The way that Psyduck handled the monkeys using his moves was pretty clever for a yellow little duck like them. Sure, given enough time, the monkeys can win. But, if Psyduck keeps playing it smart, he can reel it in before his enemies do.

Shroom vs Kirbobot
Does this even matter?

Vote: Rock'em Sock'em Robot

Snake vs Amaterasu
While Amaterasu has had some unique attacks and techniques to show, Snake managed to fend off the sun goddess just fine. I was thinking about the arguments provided, and with consideration, I can say, with how Snake has been holding back to analyze his opponent first, that he may just be able to overcome even this hinderance given enough time and opportunities.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ah yes, voting.

What a concept amiright?

Anyway-

Weavile V Copen
I'll be honest, I expected this to go much worse. Copen may have many long ranged options, but thanks to Weavile's small stature and mobility, compounded by her confusing Double Team, means she can evade them with little trouble, and even closing the distance between Copen if needed, which is even further aided by pickpocket stealing Lola, forcing Copen to go on the offensive. This not only puts him at risk of hurting the little AI further than Weavile could, she can even turn it around on him, damaging both in the process. Copen's speed and power are offset by Weavile own, and as such it's more of a question of who will land enough blows first. Though Weavile may be a glass cannon, she has enough offense, mobility, and craftiness to close that distance to steal the loli, beat the loli, and yeet the loli. Not necessarily in that order.
Even without stealing a child to use as weaponry, Weavile should have enough skill and power to keep Copen down. After all, she's fast, and close combat is dangerous thanks to sucker punch. Meaning long ranged is Copen's main tatic. And yes, that definitely makes it a harder for Weavile to get in close, but the above reasons and her previous tricks clearly show that she can close the distance with Copen on her own. Especially now that she can.....apparently use two more moves than I expected (<_<), means that she can have more tatics than what she's shown.

Galacta v Yuga
Well I mean, this didn't last long. There's not much to go on, other than a (regrettable) moment of humor that's biting me in the ass. However, getting bonked on the head doesn't mean Galacta should be considered a lost cause. He clearly had Yuga on the ropes, especially with his main trick, hiding inside walls, left unusable thanks to his destructive capabilities. Yuga may have an insta kill and intellect, but then it becomes a question of whether he can even get the warrior into the frame in the first place, or even have enough time to formulate a plan. After all, Galacta has much more mobility than Yuga, who is mostly grounded from what I see, and compounded by the Aeon Hero's almost unwavering killer instinct, it's doubtful Yuga will have enough time to put his intellect to good use under a barrage of attacks, most of which are likely to hit. meaning he'll either have to use stealth, something invalidated thanks to the walls being unusable, or pull something that I don't know of and ultimately blueball me.

Ammy v Snake.

Hoh boi, this is a strange one. Snake has clearly been using his skills to good use, and has tricked Amaterasu on more than one occasion.
At first.
However, Ammy is no ordinary wolf. She's smarter than she looks, and although Snake has been predicting her attacks, she's been having a good grip on his tactics and trickery, making it more of a question over who can land a killing blow first. Amaterasu has quite a few options for long ranged and short ranged, while snake, for all his trickery, has few effective ways he can deal good damage without putting himself in harm's way. Long ranged options like rockets or mortar are equally invalid since Ammy can just reflect them
In fact, there's a good reason Snake keeps from attacking her directly. Such as the time he tried and got part of his body frozen for his trouble. He won't be able to tank hits like that for too long.
Though Ammy may have limited ink, Snake's drawn out traps always give her enough time to regen them back without much loss, and Ammy can invalidate them with only a few Brush techniques. And now that Amaterasu's own trap worked, Snake should be on the backfoot. Not only is he once again out in the open and prime for assault, but hiding would be much more difficult thanks to essentially being exploded by smelly poop.
Also, his "nothing personal kid" position may look like a disadvantage at the moment, but I can assure you that ain't the case, though that's admittedly not really a valid argument.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
I could only decide on two so far.
BLEUGH.

Terrarian vs Hareta
Hoo boy, each post makes me change my opinion a bit, it's a back-and-forth, no-holds-barred match. The Legendary Regigas is an absolute beast, it's one of the most dangerous in sheer power alone in the rp. But Terrarian is slippery, powerful in his own right, and he has SO MUCH STUFF. Terrarian has something for everything, and then a backup or two to that original something it seems like. At the start I thought it was gonna be Hareta's game, but Terrarian has scoffed at most of what the trainer has thrown out. I ultimately don't think Regigas will hold up much longer, and everything else that Hareta has even less of a chance.

My Vote: Terrarian

Last edited:

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Shroom vs Kirbobot
Yeah, Shroom had a pretty good start, but suddenly got thwarted and never really managed to gain any momentum after that. Don't see a realistic way Kirbobot doesn't win.

BTD vs Psyduck
The way BTD seem to translate into this setting is that the more time passes, the more dangerous the monkeys become. With that knowledge, you'd expect someone who defeats them to be some sort of brute-forcing powerhouse who ends the match very early. Psyduck's surprising strategic prowess has transcended the odds and earned this goat vote.

Amaterasu vs Snake
Both characters are clearly smart and this one seems pretty back-and-forth in terms of who the win could go to. While I could see it going either way, Snake is a very adaptable and strategic character, and I highly doubt he's gonna run out of tricks up his sleeve anytime soon.

Hareta vs Terrarian
This has been a cool and close fight so far, but considering Regigigas has answered a lot of the Terrarian's offense pretty well so far, I can only see Hareta building more and more momentum now that there's nothing to hold the trio master back.

It's that time again. It's time to go for voting for all the fights currently alive, totaling at six fights. These are subject to change if the fights update, or if a convincing argument is had.

Jevil Vs Copen

This fight is...a struggle to get going lol. And I'm the fight it was a massive evasion party. Not a whole lot happened. Copen however did pull some pretty well thought out tricks to get past the majority of Jevil's Arsenal. I think that and along with having two set of eyes on him, this gives him the edge over Jevil. It's only a matter of time before the clown gives up the ghost.

Revan Vs Turner

A good old fashion sword fight, no tricks or gimmicks. Revan had more power while Turner pulled more agile moves, using branches, knife tricks, and the environment to his advantage. Though Turner is not used to king drawn out sword fights, exceeding what he's used to already. Meanwhile Revan is pushing the advantage, switching to stances focusing on tiring out his foe. This started to become apparent after Revan got serious, slamming Turner into a tree after using stances to counter more and more moves. Since then the tide has turned against Turner and for Revan. He now is crawling along the ground, the grass staining with his blood. Sorry my furry friend, was a fun fight though.

Master Chief Vs Kirobot

This is a weird one. Neither of them really...hurt each other. And it's been such a short term fight that not much was allowed to develop. But currently Kirobot has made more of an offensive overall, focusing on attack power and changing forms to maximize that. That's not to say Chief would lose, but if I were to judge it as it was right now. That factor alone roughly sells me. But this vote can change easily from post to post. (Which it did. Just now.)

Vote: Master Chief

Audrey Vs Shroom

Honestly? I didn't know what to think of this fight early on, as they traded nearly equivalent blows post by post to each other, balancing out what the other did in a heartbeat. Then I'm the middle of the fight, shroom began to turn the tables, dodging lighting, climbing past obstacles, all the while giving blows to Audrey that they didn't get hit back for. While Audrey did deliver a powerful electric blow eventually, our little bug friend continued to press the attack, landing further blows. I say so far? It's decisively shroom.

Vote: Shroom

Dark Matter Vs Yuga

Have you ever fought a mirror before? Dark matter's main tactic was reflecting most everything. While a bit annoying, did the trick it seems. Theey made ground toward Yuga with relative ease, not even receiving a single point of damage while they struck Yuga three times. It doesn't seem Dark Matter is trying much to win this one. Landslide.

Last edited:

comic

Copen vs Jevil

While Jevil has the advantage in keeping distance with his opponent, it's quickly becoming a trope with him. Copen has had to do some dodge-spamming (though against a foe like Jevil, that's almost easy to overlook), but as the fight progresses and Jevil uses newer attacks, Copen manages to pull through each time, gathering more and more on his opponent. Lola assisting gives Copen a strategic edge, and in this small fight, I think Copen is the more likely victor, though it comes close.

Vote = Copen

Axe vs Ranamon vs Master Kohga

First three-way fight in BB4, and I think in Bootleg? (In a tournament setting at least)

A very fun fight, all things considered. Notably, Axe has dealt the least damage, but he's also taken the least. It's been a lot of back-and-forths between different battles going on between the three, and while Calmaramon has proven to be a big threat, her presence has shifted alliances. With Axe and Kohga working together, I think Calmaramon may be the first to fall, though not without a fight. In regards to Axe vs Kohga following this presumed outcome, I think Axe edges the win. He's strategic, less damaged, and scales to his foes in varying and impressive ways.

Vote = Axe

Yuga vs Dark Matter

This fight leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's been laughably short so far, but that's not the point. Dark Matter is played off as being leagues beyond Yuga, and while that may be true where lore is concerned, this rp is played in a way to scale Gods on equal footing with Man (look no further than Snake vs Amaterasu). The fight has come off as a pure stomp in DM's favor, and I don't like that at all, but looking at the facts of the fight, it's clear this stomp will continue to be so.

And for Yuga's defense? "He's surviving."

Vote = Dark Matter

Shroom vs Audrey

Audrey seems like a punching bag in Bootleg at this point, I cannot lie. I love her character to pieces, but she seems to take a lot of shit from everyone she fights. Impressively, she's still fighting after being impaled--TWICE! Regardless, Shroom has proven effectively in constantly surprising Audrey and overscaling her due to her own overconfidence in herself and continued underestimation in Shroom. Much as I love Audrey, I think Shroom has this in the bag.

Vote = Hollow Knight

The Master Chief Defense

No offense to Shen but I'm not sure where he got "not really hurt each other" from, as Chief has clearly edged out in this regard. He's already stripped away the luxury of the cockpit, so he doesn't have much in his way from getting closer to the important bits (especially considering Chief blew up a plasma grenade in the cockpit. Any defenses there remaining are more than likely gone, and if any remain, they'd have to be minimal at best after the beating Chief gave it). Not to mention the Robobot Armor has displayed an inability to combat Chief's temporary invisibility frames, and the Spartan's been picking cleanly away at the robot's defenses, all while the hits landed on Chief haven't been nearly as impactful as a bloody plasma grenade. Unless the Robobot can pull out a few new tricks (not to discount Chief for having plenty of his own tricks), I'd wager Chief has this in the bag. Plus, Kalmiya helps.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Revan vs Turner

An enjoyable sword fight from start to finish. The two were pretty equal during the first half of the fight, quickly and smoothly countering the other's strikes before attacking with their own. It was when Revan began tapping into the Force that the tides shifted in his favor, increasing his speed, launching lightning and using the environment to his advantage. Coupled with his new Forms and the ever deadly lightsabers, Revan has gained quite the lead, and I could see this fight coming to an end in the next few posts.

Kirbobot Armor vs Master Chief

While it is true that neither fighter has dealt very significant damage as of now, I agree with Comic here. Chief's speed and tactics have rewarded him with some solid blows, namely the plasma and Dynamo grenades both making contact. Something noteworthy here is the fact that the Dynamo grenade has been shown to be capable of removing the Robobot Armor's current ability, taking away its biggest strength albeit momentarily. Still, a few seconds are all Chief needs to get back to breaking through the mech's defenses, using his thrusters and momentary invisibility to avoid taking damage and get some more hits in. Not to say the Robobot Armor can't score a win here, but I believe Chief is better equipped and more likely to come out on top.

Vote: Master Chief

Ranamon vs Axe vs Master Kohga

First three-way fight in a tournament, and a fun one at that. As Comic said, Axe is the one who's taken the least damage, with Kohga not too far behind. Ranamon (or rather, Calmaramon) is the one looking worse for wear right now. She's been holding her own fairly well during this brief 1v2, but I think it's a matter of time until she goes down (though she might get a few more blows on Kohga and his forces). Assuming she goes down? Axe has shown to have some good tactics, and the red and green stones help his case. Besides, a notable portion of the Yiga forces have been taken down already. Overall, I think Axe is the most likely to win this.

Vote: Axe

Yuga vs Dark Matter

Unfortunately for Yuga, Dark Matter seems to have several moves that can counter ranged attacks, which just so happen to be Yuga's specialty. A bonk with the staff likely won't be very effective here, leaving the sorcerer in a pretty tough spot. Maybe there's some way Yuga can turn things around, but the way things are right now? Dark Matter has quite the advantage.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Master Chef vs Robobobot
Master Chief simply has much more in his bag of tricks. Invisibility, grappling hook, AI assistant that can hack robots? Meanwhile, the Robobot has to rely on external sources with temporary abilities to pose a real threat. Master Chief also outmaneuvers the hulking bot by a lot, dancing around it and dishing out powerful attacks while the mech basically just has to take it. This has been shown throughout the fight, and the robot has already taken nigh-fatal damage, so I don't think it'll survive much longer.

VOTE: Mister Chief

Yogi vs Dark Material

Dark Matter really hasn't had much issue here so far, dealing with Yuga's attacks with relative ease. I don't think there's much to say here but DM just strutting his stuff.

VOTE: Mark Datter

Vroom vs Audrey

Shroom's superior skill and versatility has been showing to outdo and overcome Audrey's admittedly higher power output. The Vessel has gotten in the most damning damage, and with how things are going, I'd bet he'd end this pretty soon even without considering votes.

VOTE: DoomShroom

Machamp Vs Psyduck

Machamp started off strong, landing a blow or rather a slap onto Psyduck. Psyduck kept trying to come back, blow after blow. Machamp kept countering said moves and striking again and again on 'em. Psyduck never landed a single substantial blow in Machamp the whole fight while Machamp had no problem landing several on the duck. Machamp by landslide.

Dark Matter Vs Metal Sonic

This fight hardly existed. From the four or so posts, I'd just edge it on Metal due to his counter. But personally? Both of them don't really have much reason to move on lol.

Leon Vs Weavile

A battle of evasion and speed. Leon kept Weavile on their toes, often foiling their plans before they had time to perform. Around the mid point, Weavile turned it around, disabling Matilda and injuring Leon with ice shards. Even just recently, Leon barley survived Weavile's last attack. In a post or two, Weavile will win the day. The dark type has my vote.

Vote: Weavile

Turner Vs Amaterasu

This fight seemed promising for Turner at first...until the doggo figured out their attack strat. At this point began to quick and tragic decline of one Turner Rabbit, Amaterasu using their different creative moves to one up Turner.

Vote: Amaterasu

Snake Vs Kirby bot Vs The Knight

Now, Kirby appeared to have quite the big advantage. Thing is, I keep making the mistake of underestimating Snake. Their smarts allowed them to place bombs, evade, and put himself in advantageous situations. The Knight seemed like their objective was to survive most of the time. While they did do better against Kirobot than I thought, they didn't quite have the UMPH snake had.