• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros 4 (Discussion)

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Metal Sonic vs Dark Matter
My reasons are much like Shen's. MS has speed, Black Shield, and that electric thingy that really make it hard to make a case for DM besides his versatility. DM has made a good showing in this tourney. But alas, versatility alone won't save you against a supersonic death robot.
Vote: Metal Sonic

Leon vs Weavile
This is a case where versatility advantage has been very good. Although Leon is great at keeping up with the constantly changing attacks and maneuvers, Weavile is even deadlier than Psyduck.
Vote: Weavile

The Triple Threat
Now, this is another fight that has barely any posts. Robobot definitely won't win against this team-up, sorry Gaming. After that, it's just Knight and Snake. Snake is a better ranged character, so if the fight continued I'd see Shroom put himself in harm's way more often, and thus more damaged. Then, I don't doubt that Snake would outsmart the bug. Even in terms of enemy experience, Snake is much different than stuff Shroom would usually battle, while Snake has fought and beat Grey Fox, who's much deadlier in melee range, which is the Knight's most reliable range.
Vote: Snake

Psyduck defense
Psyduck has only taken one non-move of direct damage. Neither have been very damaged at all, and considering that the waterfowl's almost to his turf, I think he'd be able to outperform Machamp greatly. It's not like Machamp could stop him, either, with movement options like Hydro Pump and Surf being able to close the short distance easy. It's also worth mentioning Psyduck's final smash doing x2 damage to the Superpower Pokémon.

Turner defense
Pffft, who am I kidding? Turner's almost dead, and even though he's great at performing in tough situations like this, Amaterasu hasn't given him any good openings. If there was an actual opening though, Turner could do what he does best. I really got nothing lol.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Machamp v Psyduck

Voting on this is a bit counter-productive, but so is waiting on progress in the fight. It's too short to determine an accurate winner, so what we have to go off on are just the bare minimum. While I've seen the Psyduck defense argument, it doesn't take away from what's already taken place. Machamp is simply dominating the fight, and while Psyduck is stubborn, he's getting outclassed. I really want to see Psyduck win this, but unfortunately, it looks like the duck boi just isn't the Champ today.

Vote: Machamp

Dark Matter v Metal Sonic

I'm going against the curve so far established on this one. While Metal Sonic is nothing to scoff at, neither is Dark Matter. If this was Bootleg Brawl, DM would be losing so friggin' hard---but this isn't Brawl. Dark Matter has had an impressive (sometimes unfairly so) showing, and Metal's weaknesses are becoming exploited more and more frequently. MS may be fast, but he doesn't have the versatility of DM, and while his speed could help negate some of that, DM doesn't seem to have an upper limit on just how chaotic his varying attacks can truly be. However, Metal has a certain underlying layer of versatility, and with the way the fight seems to be headed, Metal might pull ahead. Dark Matter just can't keep up with the heavy metal hedgehog.

Turner v Amaterasu

While I would argue for Turner possibly edging a win here, his fight with Revan having impressed me, I can see that Amaterasu is just too much for him. While Turner and Snake were both disadvantaged for being limited to physical abilities without magic, Turner has significantly inferior range, which Snake pressed for his advantage against Amaterasu. Also, I do love doggo. No offense to Turner, but he just seems to be a hare away from losing as it stands.

Vote: Amaterasu

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Metal Sonic vs. Dark Matter
I see votes being in favour of Metal Sonic, but I'd actually say otherwise. As Comic already explained it, it's pretty much Speed Vs. Versatility. While Metal Sonic is one powerhouse himself, Dark Matter has already shown that he's adapting to Metal Sonic's tactics and, if the blue mechanical blur cannot outsmart the floating ball of darkness, I don't expect raw speed and power alone to save him. Also, I'm not exactly sure what Metal Sonic did with the bullets at the beginning of the fight, they seemed to be only mentioned once and with the robot then just flying past Dark Matter..? I'm certain that would count as a hit, but since it's left so open, I'm not entirely sure what happened there.

Vote: Dark Matter

Amaterasu vs. Turner
..do I really need to say anything on this? Turner's clearly outmatched here, no further comments needed.

Vote: Amaterasu

Triple Deluxe
As Mallard already said, I also don't expect Robobot to get himself out of this one. When it comes down to Knight and Snake, as far as I remember Hollow Knight, I'm certain Knight isn't a very tanky character to begin with, at least in comparison to Snake. Adding on to that, Snake has a ton of combat experience and could certainly outsmart Knight, if given the opportunity to do so.

Leon vs. Weavile
Well, other than the strange fact that Weavile somehow managed to keep their hearing after a flash bang went off (which WAS a turning point back in Courier vs Link, where we discovered that it didn't just blind, but also temporarily deafen someone), I'd say they have this in the bag. Don't really have much else to add on to my argument that other people haven't already explained, so I'll just leave my vote here.

Metal vs Dark Matter

istg if this gets accused of being a spite vote
Anyway from what I've seen, Metal Sonic should take this given that he's generally been outperforming DM - at least from how I see it - over the course of this short fight.

Ammy vs Turner

I don't have anything to say here that hasn't been said already...Poor Turner

Vote: Ammy

Leon vs Weavile

I'm so sorry second best resident evil protagonist (Ethan Winter supremacy), but Weavile's speed and...being a weavile means this vote has become clear from this fight.

"Honey, it's time to vote on a battle royale" suffering noises

Yeah, no, Robobot's not getting out of this one it seems. And after that, Snake doesn't really need to land many blows on The Knight, and given the radius of some of his weapon's outputs...

Vote: Snek

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Votin' time

Rebellio Vs Weavile

While Weavile has been having many evasion and doppleganger usages, Rebellio was having a hard time with it. If that are to continue the trend, Weavile would have won. However, later in the fight, this began to get predictable, Rebellion learning to read this and adjust accordingly. And as it currently stands, Rebellio is set to defeat Weavile soon, as the little imp tends to waver when their main two tactics start to become ineffective, such as against Copen. Which I find Rebellio doing something similar to this, especially considering the similarities of Rebellio and Copen.

Vote: Rebellio.

Death Vs Metal Vs Amaterasu

The battle of disappointment, at least for 99% of the time before voting creeped in. It sounded baller on paper, but in practice? It simply refused to move. And when it did, it was the last day possible. Death was one of the only ones to do anything with that movement. Amaterasu budged for a bit, but overall? Death appeared to be the only fish that wasn't belly up. So it's really no contest.

Update: as more posts streamed in, there have been twitches of life. Though Death continues to hold the superior angle and air of control about the fight for now he seemed geared for these 1v1v1 engagements, having superior wide scale attacks.

Vote: Death

Axe Vs Snake

Now this one surprised me with how enjoyable it was. An underappreciated one I think. Axe and Snake has a right tug of wars throughout. Axe coming off string with explosive tolerance with their red stone, and Snake with superior tactics and luring to the home field advantage. I'm thinking this could really go either way depending on the following posts, but currently? Snake has my vote. Mainly due to their strong experience with leading targets like this despite their superior physical capabilities, which I feel Axe won't be overcoming easily soon.
And then monster form happened. This fight is really a rollercoaster. While the chance of Calmaramon two, electric boogaloo is possible, Axe in this state is probably less easily emotionally manipulated and more determined than she was, not to mention less of a target. For now, the vote is Axe.

Vote: Axe

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Rebellio vs Weavile

While Weavile has impressive speed, Rebellio opened with diverse attacks, continually pushing an offensive. In fact, Weavile appears to be dodge spamming. I counted 15 attacks dodged in the 19 posts she was in that i counted reading (Rebellio with a 5-18 ratio at the time of this vote), while Rebellio was creative in rebounding attacks or turning them around, and was also taking hits (hits that didn't deal much lasting damage), but learning from each move Weavile pulled, enough so that her repeated tricks became less and less effective each time she used them. Admittedly, Weavile was crafty as well, and pulled a few moves that impressed Rebellio, but her tactics are built largely upon dodging and waiting for the opponent to exhaust themselves, which isn't too effective with Rebellio, who has shown to get damaged, but not lose steam in a fight. Shockingly close as the fight may be, I think Rebellio has the tools, willpower, and tactics to come out on top. I probably should have counted clone spamming too, since Weavile relied HEAVILY on that. Her defenses are minimal, and when Rebellio starts to land hits, it's largely game over, while he's so far been able to shake off anything his opponent's thrown at him.

Vote: Rebellio

Metal Sonic vs Death vs Amaterasu

Largely an ignored fight until the last few days. Thanks to some peer pressuring, this fight has finally picked up steam and offered more variety for selecting a victor. Death is clearly in the lead here, I'll admit. He's consistently on the offensive, and is taking on Amaterasu and Metal without the two of them facing one another---something that could be his downfall very soon. With Death and Metal duking it out, and Ammy taking on Death's minions, it's only a matter of time before an advantage is found between these two and Death is given back his treatment in full. Should the fight be allowed to continue unhindered, I believe Death would be the first to fall, but not without a fight, and not without weakening both his opponents. The key factor here, however, is Metal's venting, as it is a form of implanted stamina to nerf the character, and with Metal already needing to vent in the beginning of the fight, Death's cunning and tactics could be enough to overcome Metal, and Metal could be the first to fall, relying too much on his speed and power. Alternatively, Amaterasu has made it clear she's not picking sides and will both opponents equally. Any wrong move could make her a target for both, and in that scenario, she'd be the first to fall. Much as this fight has thankfully picked up, it's still a tough one to call, but I believe Death may have the larger advantage. His ability to utilize Stage Control tactics make him almost impossible to reach, then alongside his teleportation, actually hitting him when bypassing his stage control is a chore in of itself (honestly may need a nerf). Still, I must vote for who seems more likely. While Metal is an EXTREMELY close second, I have to go with Death (subject to change).

Snake Defense

It can't be understated that Snake has had Axe on the ropes since the moment the fight began. Explosion after explosion, trick after trick, Axe's defenses have been rapidly pummeled down with each move from Snake. While the use of the red stone would make Axe hit harder and lessen the explosions, he'd have to be able to land lasting blows to catch up to the damage Snake has been racking up on him. Even as Axe earns more opportunities in the fight---that doesn't mean Snake loses any opportunity. Now that Monster Form has been unleashed, the power balance has shifted heavily for the monster's favor---but every single fight Snake has won in this RP so far has always seen him as the physically inferior combatant. Snake doesn't need to be stronger to win, he needs to be smarter, and now that Axe has sacrificed his intellect and emotional stability (a literal rage monster) for strength, Snake's ploys and tricks can be even more effective, especially now that he's being given the opportunity to enact his plans. He already beat Axe, now he just has to beat Axe's Hulk side. A lot of similarities to the Calmaramon fight, and I have full confidence that Snake can pull another win over this one, too.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Death vs Metal vs Amaterasu

Procastination/inactivity/busyness aside, this fight can potentially go in anyone's favor. Death's got plenty of stage control and assistance (not to mention portals), Metal's by far the quickest fighter with access to pretty good ranged attacks (with his main downside being venting, but having the other two fight gives him some breathing room, plus he can take cover like just now), and Ammy is pretty jack-of-all-trades, though I think her greatest asset in this fight (besides her AoE attacks) is the ability to deflect projectiles, which is very useful against Metal and ESPECIALLY against Death's bombardment of mini-scythes.

Of course, that's all based on potential--- going by what's happened so far, Death is currently in the lead (as Comic and Shen have stated in their own votes), but I think Metal and Ammy are both REALLY close behind. Seriously, one right move can easily turn the tides in a battle like this one. For now though, my vote goes to:

Snake vs Axe

It's clear Snake has gotten himself quite the early lead--- his tricks, explosives and fairly low physical power are great counters for Axe's intellect and his red stone. As Colonel said: "Axe is more effective in battle if he can learn by watching. Don't let him see you, and he'll be less likely to learn."

Now that Axe has gone into monster form, he's got far more power and speed to keep up with Snake. I agree with Comic's defense here regarding how Snake has come out on top against technically superior opponents, his smarts helping greatly in that regard. Not that this means Axe can't pull off a win here, but Snake certainly still has plenty of tricks up his sleeve. The monster form may have greatly closed the gap, but my vote currently goes to...

Psymallard

Previously mallard
All my characters may be dead but I'm still a part of this, dammit.

Rebellio vs Weavile
Comic mentioned that the little mustelid is dodging a bit much, and I agree. There is a reason for this, but not that it's a reason beneficial for her case. Gaming himself admitted that Rebellio's damage output could shred through Weavile at a moment's notice. While she did have tricks up her sleeve in the beginning, it's looking like a rerun of her battle against Copen.

Axe vs Snake
Snake's been utterly dominating this fight. He's two steps ahead of Axe's every move, especially when Axe's moves are stuff like throwing his main weapon at the most tactical character in the rp. I'll say that Axe has only made it this far with questionable methods, like how he was apparently able to just spot the master of stealth early on? Anyways, Axe roiding out will probably make it even easier for Snake to dunk on him solid-style. ESPECIALLY considering what happened with Calmaramon.

The Triple Threat
This fight wasn't very meaty, but I think it's pretty clear who wins this. To me, at least. Amaterasu is simply outclassed here, so that leaves Death and Metal. Now, Death is really good at making big, scary attacks, but they're avoidable if the target knows what they're doing. And evasion is pretty easy when you're a 3-foot tall computer that can break the sound barrier. Not that that's Metal's only way of dealing with Death's spew of projectiles, he's got the Black Shield and ranged attacks to counter the reaper's. Heck, we've already seen Metal outspeed Death's perception to appear behind him, the only thing saving the skeleton was the chance that he was already going into a dive. And this wasn't the only time Death barely evaded a devastating attack, while Metal has been handling everything pretty well. Slogra and Gaibon allowed Death to temporarily take them both on, but it was a pretty long summon that is probably about to be undone with Ammy's last attack against them. Before this battle even began, Death acknowledged Metal as a huge threat and tried to unsuccessfully enlist Ammy. So since that alliance never bloomed, I think the answer's clear.

Last edited:
oh boy, here we go again! (at least I got one vote so far! :D)

The Craftman's Dream vs The Sharp Claw Pokémon

Oh boy, it looks like everyone else already said what I could've said. To reiterate, I guess; Weavile's speed and dodging gave an early advantage, but Rebellio soon began to pull through after adapting. Plus, Gaming admitted that Rebellio could shred through Weavile pretty easily if given the chance.

Two kinda-gods-but-not-quite and a metal rodent all fight each other lmao

While Ammy seemed outclassed at first, Death seems far more focused on Metal (especially considering he sent what may as well be mooks after Ammy). Even if those two outclass Ammy somewhat, by the time they're done there's a good chance Ammy'll be able to swoop in an take out the weakened-whoever's left. Plus, with her celestial brush techniques, she can cut through extremely hard materials among other thingd, so whose to say that can't cut right through Metal or Death once their guards are down (Can't hold a guard up forever, after all!)? Now of course, Death and Metal obviously hold significant advantages over one another and/or Ammy, but I'm gonna stick with the wolf goddess as my vote.
haha yes thats right im gonna be a contrarian to the votes here

----

Okay I know we joked all about this in the discord but Im actually changing my vote to Death. Yeah, yeah, we joked about it. Void actually did give a very good explanation of why Death should win lmao

Axe Defense

Oh boy!
Whilst Snake clearly held an advantage pretty early on, easily pushing Axe into situations thanks to being quite a bit smarter than him to say the least, I'd argue Axe still has a very strong chance, especially with his Monster form taking out the tranquilizer dart that hit him previously, and the monster form in general. While it seems similar to Calmaramon for Snake, both forms are actually quite different when you look at them. Calmaramon actually keeps most of Ranamon's previous intelligence, it seems, while Axe's Monster form focuses on a single goal from what I can tell which may be just a bit harder to manipulate. Plus, it can fly and has at the very least some form of super-strength based on claims from the half-monster Torren, who - Given the monster-form of Axe is treated in a theoretical setting to be the strongest of all monsters - could be used as a basis to find possible abilities for Axe to turn the tide (Such as Torren's telekinesis or instant teleportation. dw, if I were to pull that bs out I'd do it quite a bit earlier in a fight or over the course of an adventure lol). I've already planted the possibility of this form using the plan of forcing the platform all into the ocean, as another thing. Anyway, even if Axe escapes that form, by this point he understands a little more about how Snake fights, and with his red stone and the green stone, I feel he can defo turn the tide on Snake, so while I don't have full confidence in Axe winning, I certainly have confidence.

Oh yeah also to point out Mallard saying Axe spotted Snake early in the fight, Snake literally wanted him to in that moment I'm p sure- (at least that's what it felt like given how I feel like I keep playing into Comic's hands in this fight dammit)

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Snake vs Axe
Well, I'd say this monster form has given Axe quite the advantage.. I feel like, in the end, Snake would still be capable of outsmarting them. Especially if it seems that now, Axe's monster form has them overtaken with anger, which is not a wise thing to do against a tactician like Snake. I've not got much else to talk about here that hasn't been discussed/mentioned by others already, so my vote here is clear.

Winner: Snake

Death Defense
Well, well, well. I suppose it's time to remind everyone of Death's capabilities and why he'd likely achieve victory here. There are many reasons Death is currently attacking both opponents - may he purposely paint a target on his back so he can bait his opponents into launching an attack on him, which would allow him to simply vanish and cause the two to attack each other instead? Is he trying to rile up one of the opponents so they get lost fighting the other fighter instead of him when he stays out of their view? Or is he simply trying to wear the both of them down so he'd have an easier time taking them down? After all, what's stopping Death from say, manifesting his scythe again and performing a Dark Dive into the deep underground beneath while everyone's distracted and simply biding his time until his two other opponents have exhausted themselves fighting each other?

I feel like Death is being undersold here and I'm not letting that go without a defense. And to clarify: No, Death did not get hit because it 'looked good for the votes'. He dodged because it hit his lower half. It wasn't stated exactly where Metal was aiming with his laser, simply that he shot at Death. And with Death already on the move to try and retrieve his scythe, I don't see how that the dodge was purely just to 'look good for the votes'. This kind of thing was already established in his fight against Uratekumon, where the lower half of his robes were destroyed by Uratekumon's Final Smash. It's his one ace out of getting hit once, and now it's all used up since both opponents would know about him having no lower half thanks to that. If you think about it, Death just limited himself further by not taking the hit right then and there as one of his tricks had just been used up. Death certainly has the capability of turning the tides, he's just not been given many opportunities to do so thanks to the fight only picking up hours before the vote arrived.

Last edited:
Big Ol’ Metal Defense
Okey dokey, here’s mine.

So what Death mainly has going for him right now is his stage control and teleportation. While that is a very formidable combo that makes him ridiculously hard to reach, let alone damage (honestly surprised it hasn’t been nerfed yet), Metal definitely has ways to reach him and damage him fast.

First of all, Death’s biggest thing: Stage Control. While it is true that Metal can’t compare to Death’s comical amount of projectiles, he can rather easily maneuver around them. The only way Death can reliably land a hit on Metal is if he outsmarts him, and it’s hard to outsmart a computer. Metal is an almost direct counter to bullet hell tactics thanks to his speed, versatility, and Black Shield, so that pretty much takes away Death’s big advantage.

Second, Death’s teleport. Now the only other conceivable way Death will hit Metal is if Metal is venting at that moment. Now, yes, that is an easy way to land a hit, but it’s actually difficult to get Metal into a vulnerable situation like that. A part of Comic’s vote against Metal was that Metal had already vented once in this fight, which makes it likely to happen again. But, the situation where Metal had vented was actually roleplayer error and the fact that he was not aware Death could teleport. Roleplayer error for me being stoopid and forgetting how long Death’s teleport cooldown is, which won’t happen again. And, Metal knows Death can teleport now, so he won’t charge in guns blazing without a plan B anymore.

That’s the two big points out of the way, now for some general defense.

Death has a massive target painted on his back right now that even he can’t BS his way out of. Metal knows he is the bigger threat at the moment, so he won’t be letting up, and Amaterasu is also gunning for him right now, though to a less extreme extent. Even if Death teleported somewhere nearby in an attempt to get them to fight each other, Metal is laser focused on him for the time being, so he would do everything he could to get back to Death, because he knows how dangerous he can be. While it’s true that Ammy could turn the tides if Metal isn’t very careful, Metal could find a way to lead the fight back to Death, which would put Death right back into a bad spot.

Another thing, Metal has had Death on his toes most of the time. He is relentless with his attacks and is not letting up and Death has narrowly avoided 2 big hits already, one of them is bound to land soon. Meanwhile, Metal has been able to deal with everything Death has thrown at him with not much issue. The biggest problem he faced was that he didn’t know Death could teleport, but he knows that now.

Then there’s Ammy. Ammy is indeed a powerhouse and very capable, but Metal has the means to deal with her, even if he has to do it indirectly. It’s possible (not guaranteed, but possible) that Ammy could deal with him if Death got them to focus on each other given her power and versatility, but Metal wouldn’t let himself stay in a situation like that. Bottom line: While Ammy is formidable, Metal simply would not stay in a 1v1 with her because he knows that’s not the most ideal situation. Even if Ammy turned the tide with a big attack, Metal could use that to his advantage by causing her big attacks to go towards Death or diverting her attention to Death somehow.

So yeah, that’s my general Metal defense. Please let me know anything else if that‘s not satisfactory, because I can add some things.

Axe vs Snake
I love Axe and want to watch him go far, but I can’t see him winning this fight in most situations. Obviously it’s hard to tell because something could develop if the fight continued unhindered, but that‘s not gonna happen so I have to go with what seems to be the most likely.

Trust me, I know how powerful Axe’s monster form is (it broke through dozens of Jevil’s spades in one movement, so it stronk), but Snake is no stranger to taking on strong opponents and outsmarting them, and Axe just gave up all reason and logic for strength and speed, so Snake should have no trouble deceiving him in some way. So, my vote goes to Snake

Vote: Snake (Could potentially be changed, but the current defense didn’t change my mind enough)

Last edited: