• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Brothers 6

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

NEPH

This child's last tricks were up. It had prevented her from destroying his creation, but that wasn't exactly something that bothered her. Those two "trap cards" had been revealed, and while Mystical Fire had been effortlessly countered, it would not be forever.

The insect, "Leghul" attempted to strike at her, but she swiped at it with telekinesis in an attempt to force it to instead bite itself and drain its own points, but it seemed to snap back on track, even as she pushed it, like it was locked on. It struck, locking on to Neph's shoulder. She winced, before she frowned, and a burst of energy was fired psychically into its throat, before expanding, in an attempt to tear its jaw and its head both from its neck, before she lifted herself from the hole, turning around making sure each of the creatures were in front of her for maximum effectiveness-

And she used Dazzling Gleam, sparks of fairy energy erupting outward, boosted by Calm Mind and STAB both, targeting all three of her targets. Leghul (if it still remained), Kiseitai - and Weevil himself.

Knowing she couldn't afford leisure attacks, the gardevoir made sure to fire several psychic blasts from her palm, pelting it toward Weevil primarily, the orbs spinning through the air to attack him no matter where he moved, the same attack that had heavily staggered King Rex earlier. Her strategy: get his summons to take every hit for him, and leave him with nothing.

This wasn't a Pokémon battle, she knew that now. And if what Master Hand had said was true? It meant this brat would be fine when she was through with him. She didn't necessarily need to hold back.

Last edited:
Axe
Axe kept his defensive position, careful to not let sand onto his shield anymore as the magic attack flew at him, colliding with his shield from several directions. He decided to push forward, trying to make sure he was faced head-on before retorting.

"Maybe, maybe not - I blew him up, though. Wanna see that happen to you?" He offered jokingly, before making a beeline with his shield up towards his foe. However, instead of attacking directly, he sprayed his bottle of Monster Perfume straight towards Magolor's face, and then attempted to bash him with his shield.

Masaru Takahara
As Shaymin turned down his offer via telepathy (Something Masaru found to be extremely cool, as a science fiction fan since he was young), Masaru sighed, his increase in stats disappearing with his focus (Bringing him back to normal).
"Alright, I guess that's fair. Though to be fair about the kick, uh." He gestured towards Aegislash. "Your friend was in the way, and my ally is a bit pushy about this..." He explained, before shaking his head. "I'll try not to hold back on ya." He added, finally taking his stance, before pausing as Shaymin fired off what appeared to be...seeds? "Huh? What's with this?" He stopped for a moment.
"!"
He felt a little energy draining from him, and shook his head. "It's like a little timer on me...alright, I'll just have to win quickly then!" He decided, before starting to fight.
It's so small, I don't know what'll hit it consistently... Oh!
Celestial Palm!

Masaru dashed forward, launching off the most precise technique he knew as he attempted to strike Shaymin with his palm - Normally, he'd aim for pressure points with this, but even with how precise this was, he figured it was too risky with just how small and nimble Shaymin was to figure where they were. Still, he'd hope he'd strike at least one, maybe he could weaken Shaymin so the pokémon would give up.

The Warlock
"GYAH!" The Warlock howled in pain over Lucario's strike to his head, his eyes rolling over - Only for the explosion to kick in, covering what had happened to his body.

As the smoke clear, and Lucario fainted, a figure began to emerge - A creature whose dead heart had been jumpstarted by the explosion after the initial blow, the aura doing no damage to him beyond that though his once-proud armor shattered in several places. He slowly trudged towards his fallen foe, huffing and panting.
"And...now...you, die..." He lifted his foot, intending to stomp on Lucario's head to crush it. As his voice trailed off, he had to put his foot back on the ground to balance...before falling backwards, unconscious. His heart may have been jumpstarted, but his consciousness certainly had not been. Part of his skull had slightly caved in, which was likely the cause of his defeat.

Last edited:

comic

DART

That was one crazy fight, Dart thought. "Wow! That was one crazy fight!" He also made sure to vocalize it, pumping his fist in the air. It had been intense, back and forth between Lucario and Warlock, but now... it was finished. Dart looked on at the two unconscious individuals, before he stroked his chin, deep in thought. Warlock had technically passed out after Lucario had... so that meant Warlock had won, by all rules.

"Looks like my team barely won that one," Dart informed the mudkip. "Since you and I didn't fight, the victory should go to the ones who did. But, if you do want to fight, I won't hold back! I'll be fine if you cede the match, though. I'd feel bad about hurting you!"

The mercenary chuckled, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
…did he seriously just say that?

Kirin cringed a little upon Rex’s crude comments. And here she thought there was nothing grosser than getting turned into a bug. Regardless, she had her sword back now, and Weevil had been forced to flee, surely to be quickly intercepted by Neph. All she had to do was take care of Rex.

Her hand quickly reached out for the boy’s arm, the one wielding the already damaged Duel Disk. Kirin’s goal was to restrain Rex before smashing the device to pieces with her sword!

“Sorry, but I’ll have to pass!”

Pit
“Spider-Man? Is that like, a man made out of spiders—“

Pit’s question was cut off as he suddenly became incredibly slow, his attempt to follow up with another hit unsuccessful. He knew this was a pretty bad spot. With the amount of stuff he had at his disposal, this M.O.D.O.K. guy could make a barbecue out of him in seconds! No way he was gonna stand up for that!

“Lady Palutena, help me out here!”

“His psychic powers are truly formidable. I’ll pull you out as soon as I can, but you’ll have to manage for a bit.”

“Aw, man…”

A series of rockets flew overhead, while the Man-Mind’s laser cannons flared to life once more. Not eager to get pinched between the two of them, the angel fired a charge shot at the missiles as they approached from behind, his Upperdash Arm releasing a large projectile identical to the weapon’s red disc. It generated a powerful pull as it flew, pulling the missiles into itself to set them all off early—though the lasers were still a threat.

His Guardian Orbitars came out again, two energy barriers appearing in front of the angel as the lasers struck. Strangely enough, they were gaining a blue tint to them…

That probably wasn’t good.

Grazie
This guy really stuck to his magic act, huh? She had to admit, it was getting pretty fun. Grazie took a step back as Terry readied the cards, crafting a replica of her shovel out of the nearby sand, proceeding to spin it in front of herself for protection. The cards struck one by one, sand flying this way and that with each hit. Surely they couldn’t be that strong—

The fourth card had some oomph to it, shockingly cleaving the sand staff in half, swiftly leaving a thin cut on Grazie’s cheek, which certainly stung a little.

“Yow! Aight, how do ya like this?!”

The girl tossed both halves of her staff at the magician, each one gaining sharp, spear-like tips. To complement the attack, some sand would burst from below Mr. Miracle, aiming to get in his eyes and blind him!

Weevil Underwood

Weevil grinned as Leghul's attack had been a success. The insect jumped away as Neph counterattacked, barely avoiding her first psychic attack.
Just a few more turns. Just a few more turns... Then I'll have my revenge, and show Raptor what for!

Then Neph exploded.

Well, that wasn't quite right. Sparks of fairy energy exploded out from the Gardevoir, nearly blinding Weevil. Leghul was instantly shredded, exploding into more pixels. Kiseitai, somehow, was unaffected. The fairy energy seemed to just phase through the strange flying worm. As the fairy energy flew towards Weevil, once again the Skull-Mark Ladybug came to his rescue. The monster jumped between the attack, using its body to shield Weevil. Like Leghul, it exploded into pixels.

Upon Skull-Mark Ladybug's destruction, a green healing energy appeared around Weevil. All scrapes, bruises, and wounds he had acquired so far in the battle vanished. But Neph continued her assault, attacking him! Weevil ran around the Cocoon of Evolution, ducking as psychic blasts struck the Cocoon of Evolution or the ground near him. But he wasn't quick enough.

A trio of psychic blasts hit Weevil, knocking the duelist off his feet and slamming him to the ground. His glasses skittered away as he gasped. The world began to fade to black...

Until the Kiseitai around Neph began to let off a dark red glow. The same dark red glow appeared around Weevil, and a sudden burst of energy ran through the insect duelist! Weevil jumped back to his feet, drawing another card from his deck.
"Ha! It will take more than that to stop me! Go, Flying Kamikiri #2!" Weevil ordered. This monster was a massive, dark yellow praying mantis-like creature. It screeched and swung its claws as it faced down Neph.

"And I'll equip it with a card you've seen before! I activate another Level 2 Power Boost!" Weevil yelled. Just like with the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, two massive engines appeared on the back of Flying Kamikiri #2.

Flying Kamikiri
1500 ATK -> Forest power up -> Level 2 Power Boost -> 2900 ATK

Not even waiting for an order from its duelist, the Flying Kamikiri #2 screeched and flew towards Neph at jet speeds, slashing at the Gardevoir with it's scythe-like pincers!

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Alter Knight
"Tch"
Clearly the kangaroo wasn't as dizzy as she assumed, recovering quickly and leaving a block of green below. Given it's last trick, Alter Knight had no intention of getting near that thing. Libera's charge electricity blasted forwards, canceling Alter's momentum and sending her back. She just barely avoided the explosion, though her armor showed a faint char. Alter Knight landed on a tree, gripping onto a branch for balance. With Roo in the air, Alter Knight opted to swing her sword, sending an energy projection that spun like a boomerang. It covered a wide range, and if Roo managed to avoid it, it would strike a building and rebound, coming back for another pass!

Magolor
The deceptive egg kept a close eye on Axe he shielded himself from Magolor's magic, steadily closing in on the mage. Magolor played the fool, nodding along and raising an eyebrow as Axe made a joke. Magolor noticed Axe tense, and dash towards Magolor, and the mage simply waggled his finger.
"Tsk Tsk." Magolor tutted. " Now that's definitely not him..."
Well aware of the odd spray bottle Axe pulled out earlier, Magolor's finger did a quick circle motion. A rune appeared behind Magolor, and unleashed powerful winds, sending Axe's monster perfume right back to him! If it didn't stop Axe, the gust would at least slow down Axe enough for Magolor to do a quick tease.
"...Because no family of mine would lose to the likes of you~" Magolor said with a wink, before flicking Grazie's shovel, summoning waves of sand that would slam against Axe's shield, pushing him even further back.

Inkling “Blue”
“Okay, WHAT?!”

Blue’s head was spinning, both literally and figuratively, as he desperately tried to keep up with the Rinku clones that were flying in the air like a bunch of Flyfish, and were just as annoying. Well, almost as annoying. He tried to take aim at a few of them, but every time he aimed at one another got up in his face and distracted him. “Ugh, shut up!” The Inkling raised his shoulders instinctively to protect his ears as best as he could without using his occupied hands.

Okay, clearly the E-Liter wasn’t going to work here, they were too fast and loud to 360 noscope snipe out of the air, so Blue decided to change tactics once more. He changed into squid form once more and swam throughout the ink, giving his poor ears a break as well as giving him the opportunity to change weaponry and move fast enough to get to a more comfortable distance since he was difficult to track while swimming.

The squid kid then hopped out of the ink, and he brought a new weapon with him! It was a large, Gatling-gun type weapon with multiple black barrels connected to a large jug. Revving the weapon up, Blue yelled out to the Rinkus. “Eat this!” Opening fire, Blue’s shots quickly hit one of the clones, but to his surprise the shots went right through!

“Wha-ugh!” The squiddo exclaimed with notable exasperation. “Alright, I’ll shoot ‘em all!” He said as the weapon continued to fire, not stopping anytime soon. It seemed the charge up period was exchanged for quite the lengthy firing time. Blue continued to shoot at the Rinku’s, shooting all of them with surprising accuracy and aiming to hit the real one!

Jevil
”HEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA!” The jester laughed in maniacal joy as the electricity from Alter Knight’s block coursed through his body, sending him back. However, he seemed mainly unharmed? Nobody seemed to be sure how, but Jevil didn’t seem to care in the slightest. He turned his head to the side as Kassandra charged him with a grunt, aiming to cut him in half.

Jevil had other plans.

With a snap of his fingers, a bomb appeared in his hand and he hurled it at Kassandra’s blade as she approached, aiming to use her momentum and swing against her. Once the bomb exploded (regardless of where it landed) several spades would fly out from the blast in a circular motion in an attempt to hit Kassandra again. As this happened the darkener flew up in the air, tossing another bomb of the same variety behind him at Kassandra for good measure, and above Alter Knight as she attacked Roo. “Well, that won’t do!”

A wall of spades appeared in front of the energy projection that the knight launched at Roo, causing it to bounce right back at her! That wasn’t all, however. A dome of sharp, Diamond-shaped projectiles appeared above Alter Knight and immediately jabbed down towards her, leaving her with two attacks to deal with at once!

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Rinku

Ah, the inkling was shifting tactics. Bombard us all, eh? Can't hit us allll~

They shifted to evasive maneuvers, overlapping each other and separating, zipping around in complete different spots from each other! As the ink sprayed to hit them, it struggled to track them, but went through one, then another, then another. But as they flew, intermingled, and flew apart again, it began to get difficult to tell which ones were already hit through. There were no indicators!

"Huh. I wonder." Blue heard a voice behind him. "Do you have bones?"

Rinku, seemingly the real one, had maneuvered behind Inkling, while they had both their arms carrying their heavy weapon. It was a trap! Before Blue would have much time, Rinku would swipe his palm in a chop, wining to shatter Inkling's ribs...if he had any. It was like a kid, setting fire to bugs to see how long it would take them to burn.

Chai

"Okay, gotta counter a sword. Sword sword sword...hammer!"

It was a surprise to see Noah's weapon seemingly transfigurate into a large hammer that screamed too-big-to-wield-but-I-wield-it-anyway-cause-I'm-an-anime-protagonist. Thinking quickly and spontaneously was thankfully his forte. Extending his hand, he negatively charged the back side of the hammer, using his magnetizing grapple. The energy extended out of his palm as he whipped up and over with the same momentum the hammer was driving down with, catching some serious air time!

♩We made a sacrifice
And now we get to take your life ♬

As sound waves built up around his guitar, thrust downwards, the sound releasing and spiking himself straight down, preforming a compressor slam right on Noah himself!

"Mind if I drop in?"

Rex Raptor

Kirin snatched him by the arm, pulling him towards her. While this was an attempt at double crossing him, he was none the wiser. He thought he was going to be brilliantly rewarded by an attractive damsel for his heroic actions. So when he was whipped around by her-

Smoooch~

Rex kissed Kirin right on the cheek, missing her lips! The shocking kiss and the turn of his body wedged the blade between them, sticking out past his shoulder as their bodies compressed it with pressure. Moving his head out a little, his face turned red.

"Heheh, I think you missed your kiss." He chuckled. "And why dontcha put the sword away? We can save that for later."

Rex moved his eyebrows up and down twice, clearly distracted by this whole endeavor to even consider what she has the sword out for. He wasn't even thinking why Master Hand hand called the match yet! He had a heck of a one tracked mind. With no room to rev up a swing for her sword, the talisman user was in a rather...erm...awkward situation.

Ripper Roo

Flying through the air with its injured tongue flapping, the animal would find little solace of Alter Knight's death, as in fact: she didn't. She was still hot after him, creating a rather menacing attack with her sword that shot after him. A lump formed in Ripper's throat, sliding along his esophagus before emerging out, clinging between his yellow stained teeth: three sticks of dynamite...somehow lit!

"Hehehehe...PLEEEEHH!"

Ripper spat the sticks of dynamite out towards the attack, but before they could hit, Jevil had dealt with it already! So the explosives kept going, past the the original attack's location and heading right for Alter! Since the fuses were meant for a much closer object, as soon as they got near Alter, they exploded right there on the spot, hopefully taking them down with it! Now that the attack was no longer after him, Ripper Roo bounced off the wall the attack was going to with his feet, soaring through the air directly toward alter, his neck extending so his sharp chompers could get a big bite of her neck! She was being overwhelmed!

Last edited:

comic

M.O.D.O.K.

What the hell!? Why isn't this idiot dead yet? This has to be some sort of error, my calculations predicted another outcome!

The Man-Mind seethed as Pit continued to prevail, despite the stacking odds. There was one piece of fortune that came from the strategy however - those shields, the angel had summoned them again. The scowl on the large face turned into a dark grin, revealing M.O.D.O.K.s over-sized and crooked teeth in full.

The shields began to quickly turn blue. While the red lasers had been fired back, the blue lasers seemed to just dissipate into the shields, rapidly increasing its new azure hue, before the Self-Proclaimed Genius pressed a button on his console, the laser cannons ceasing in firing. The shields had reached their critical breaking point!

M.O.D.O.K. watched in eager patience, noting the cooldown of his other systems. This brat would ear himself, but the genius that was M.O.D.O.K. would recover and be just as capable as when they'd begun!

"BUH-BYE, YOU WET BITCH!"

NEPH

She didn't have time for this. That dumb moth was growing again, there had to be a method of bypassing his various cards and defenses and...

Hadn't Kirin attacked those strange devices directly? The ones that the duelists laid their cards upon?

The new foe, called "Flying Kamikiri" was closing in, and judging by what Weevil was blabbering on about, it wasn't a push-over. She would determine that, summoning up a familiar barrier. Its blades struck, and for a moment, seemed to stop at the psychic barrier's influence, before it cut through. The gardevoir's eyes widened, before she tried to jerk herself out of the way.

Its blade cut through her dress, leaving a great gash in its length. She wasn't given much time to think as it redirected itself immediately, swiping in for another cut. She raised a hand, summoning a more condensed barrier, stopping one blade right at her palm, before she pushed it back, doing the same for the second slash, but it was quick, and already cutting for her again.

Its blade connected with the side of her head.

A flash of sparks flew as it glanced off, leaving a dented cut in her green "hair" - a helmet. She was a knight, after all. Its other blade was already coming around, but the Pokémon held up an arm, using her telekinesis to restrain it on the spot, trying to make its body straighten like a board, before she'd pull it closer, huffing.

She cast Mystical Fire point-blank, aiming for its centermass, aiming to erupt it from the inside out in the most brutal way she could to these shattering creatures, her crimson eyes darting toward Weevil, pupils shaking slightly.

< Enough. >

She command, vanishing and appearing right beside the duelist, both of her arms spread out, as though already in the process of yanking something invisible, so the same instant she appeared, she was using her telekinesis to, as violently as possible, rip Weevil's card device from his arm, sending it one way, and he the other. If it ended up ripping off his arm, then so be it.

The gardevoir seemed overcome with a strange sensation. Perhaps it was the close call with Flying Kamikiri, and it appeared to draw out a hidden rage within her, but inside, she could recognize what that encounter had made her feel. Something she'd almost forgotten, but was reminded of it in a sharp, and somewhat traumatizing what.

Fear.

This sniveling child would NOT make her experience that again.

KASSANDRA

If Jevil would expect his first bomb to do much, he'd be disappointed. The blade made contact, and the bomb erupted, but the force and the fire didn't seem to bother Kassandra much. Come to think of it, Ripper's attack, despite being so close, hadn't affected her much either. The possibility the misthios might have had some innate resistance to explosives and fire was growing apparent. Or perhaps she was simply that tough.

Nevertheless, smoke billowed about the spartan woman, engulfing her. The spades had erupted out, and closed in, but only light "pings" sounded from within the cloud. Nothing that sounded like blows landing.

Then as Jevil summoned another bomb, intending to hurl it at Kassandra, it suddenly erupted, almost point-blank in Jevil's face. The moment he'd thrown it, an arrow had flown out of the cloud, striking it in the blink of an eye. Not only was she tough - but it was obvious she didn't need sight to see.

Almost immediately, a row of arrows fired out of the cloud in another direction, each striking the spades coming down on Alter Knight, an arrow for a spade, eliminating each one rapidly, the misthios having obviously notched several arrows at once. This coincided with Ripper Roo spitting out his sticks of dynamite, and before he could begin to even think of closing the distance to Alter Knight, Kassandra of Sparta had emerged from the smoke cloud, a trail of it following her as she suddenly closed the distance, one of her feet raised, and she slammed her heel forward, aiming to shatter Ripper Roo's spine, even as he started to move, her momentum carrying, giving even more weight to her kick. If she missed, she would simply skid to a stop, holding tightly onto Artemis' Bow.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Shaymin
Shaymin felt the Leech Seed take effect, regaining just that bit of energy from it. Despite its small quantity, the accumulation alone would provide a big help in the long run, he was sure of it. So now, it was this guy he had to take care of now. Shaymin curled up into a ball as Masaru approached and, before it was too late, the Gratitude Pokémon shot up into the sky, a light-blue energy coating its body as it zipped about and used Fly to both try to evade Masaru (assuming his foe had no ranged options to shoot him down with) and, while he may or may not be confused on where Shaymin went, try to ram into his back!

Mr. Miracle
The cards hit their mark, even managing to slice a clean cut across his opponent's face! He almost wanted to say sorry to the poor girl, for he himself knew just what a bread winner a face can be in the field of entertainment. Not to forget all other aspects in life, of course! The girl tossed her staff in his direction, both halves fashioned into hardened spears! He readied his deck of cards, tossing it into the air and preparing to make a makeshift wall to get the spears stuck within, when an even worst attack hit him.. A gust of sand blowing into his face! The magician put his hands to his face, his fingers briefly hovering over the cards and sending them in the direction of Grazie - not specifically aiming for something, but their sheer quantity and velocity likely being enough to at least reduce the impact of the spears somewhat, if not cut them apart.

" OH NO! A SLIGHT INCONVENIENCE! MY ONE WEAKNESS! "

Throwing a hand to his forehead, Terry proceeded to stand up straight, then fall over flat on his back onto the ground, both hands moved to his hip where he now held a rose over his waistline, like a cartoon character who had just died in a tragic way. Obviously, this was a trap as, despite his eyes hurting from having sand in them, moving his hands to his face actually let him cover his eyes briefly, immediately casting the sand elsewhere and minimizing irritation on his behalf, now waiting for either Grazie to approach or some form of attack to come his way and disrupt his attempt at a trap.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Alter Knight
So the clown actually bothered to protect his ally? Surprisingly, given his gadfly behavior. Then again, Kassandra's animosity seemed a lot more personal with him.
Jevil reflected her attack back, a non issue as Alter Knight brought Libera against the attack, absorbing the energy back into the weapon. With Kassandra having dealt with the spades and Roo, all Alter Knight needed was to swing Libera overhead, firing two large blasts of energy out of the blade with one swing. One for the dynamite, and the other for Jevil!
Alter Knight released her branch and kicked off the tree for distance, landing on a building.

Weevil Underwood

Weevil watched from his position behind the Cocoon, drawing another card. He would just have to make this work. While Neph fought Flying Kamikiri #2, Weevil placed another two cards onto his duel disk. A face-down monster card, and another face-down card, appeared before Weevil. Hearing a loud screech, Weevil looked to the battle at hand. Neph had defeated his powered up Flying Kamikiri #2! But it had been a close match. Suddenly, an invisible force wrapped around Weevil and yanked the duel disk from his arm!

Weevil fell onto his stomach, looking over his shoulder and up to Neph in fear. She had appeared right next to him! And here he was, at her feet, without his duel disk. Not good at all.
"W-w-wait! H-hold on a moment, let's talk this out!" Weevil said, trying to crawl away. "I-I, I know things! I know the true prize that Master Hand has for the winner of the tournament! It's-"

Weevil suddenly spun over, firing a strange device at Neph's face. He had drawn it from his jacket, having concealed it thus far in the tournament. It was a strange toy-like green gun, and it sprayed a sticky, web-like string at Neph's face and eyes!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
If she had any room to swing her blade, she would’ve probably chopped the kid’s arm right off.

Still, she managed to keep her composure, face turning red just a little (out of anger, not whatever Rex would’ve interpreted it as). Rex hadn’t caught onto Kirin’s plan, his mind probably too focused on his little heroic fantasy, so she still had a chance to disrupt him and his monsters. Just without her preferred method of hacking and slashing.

“Sorry, lemme make it up to you…”

The Adept leaned into Rex’s power fantasy a little (even if she found it incredibly disgusting), head moving closer to the arm equipped with the duel disk. While it would appear to Rex as if she was going in for a kiss on his hand, she actually whispered something under her breath, calling upon her Radiant Fetters Septima. Her goal? To place a powerful seal on the device, inhibiting its functionality greatly!

Pit
“BUH-BYE, YOU WET BITCH!”

“Hey, I don’t think saying that complies with the ratings—“

Suddenly, the barriers he put up exploded with a burst of azure energy, sending Pit flying backwards, spiraling through the air. Thankfully for him, Palutena had taken back control of Pit’s movements from M.O.D.O.K., smoothly correcting his trajectory until he leveled out, approaching the Man-Mind once more.

“The Guardian Orbitars don’t usually do that!”

“It looks like those blue lasers can overload barriers, so you’ll have to move out of their way. Don’t worry about him freezing you up again, I should be able to reliably cancel it out now.”

Well, at least that was reassuring.

Pit took aim as he flew closer to M.O.D.O.K., unleashing continuous fire of his Upperdash Arm, small but decently strong discs flying towards the Man-Mind. Then, he would zip around him in an instant, looking to perform another high-speed dash attack at his foe’s back!

Grazie
A barrage of cards flew Grazie’s way, the spears she’d thrown taking a few hits before going down, falling apart just short of their target. Grazie herself conjured a wall of sand in front of her, allowing the cards that would’ve actually struck her to simply become lodged in it.

The wall went down, and the Adept was quick to spot her opponent practically playing dead. There was no way she’d actually incapacitated him with the good ol’ pocket sand, but Mr. Miracle sure seemed wide open…

Taking advantage of his state, Grazie would command the sand below the man to burst upwards in the shape of a drill, painfully shredding into his gut!

Last edited:
Jevil
Alter Knight dealt with the attacks accordingly, though Kassandra actually did a lot of heavy lifting, and shot an energy blast from her sword at Jevil, who grinned like a maniac as it approached. He brought up a simple wall of spades, expecting the attack to prove powerful, but he was disappointed once more as the spades blocked it and sent it bouncing back like last time.

“Harumph, lame, lame! You aren’t very good at this game!”

The jester pouted and pointed his finger at the knight, causing the wall of spades to flip towards her so their points were facing her and then shoot forward. At the same time, Jevil vanished and reappeared behind the iron-clad woman with his scythe in his hand, going in for a swing at her legs. Regardless if this attack was blocked or not, Jevil carried his momentum and went in for another swing at Alter Knight’s upper body, giving her the ol’ one-two: scythe edition!

Slash
As the sword fired the laser from his eye, he was suddenly covered in a substance that weighed him down, coming from an arrow shot by the other opponent. Not only did they do that, they had the nerve to take his shield as well! “Aegi…” The Pokémon muttered in rage as he stared his opponent down, glaring at the man without a sliver of fear.

Suddenly, Aegislash wrapped his arms around his body and dropped right into the ground, phasing into it with a variation of Shadow Sneak. Almost immediately, he emerged from directly under Taskmaster, swinging the edge of his blade in an upwards arc from the ground. Directly afterwards he would carry his momentum and swing himself upwards and to the side, going in for another cleave without giving the man any time to get his bearings!

Inkling “Blue”
“Yeah, get some you annoyin’ little dudes!” Blue said as he hit multiple of the clones, though none of the, were the real one as the shots went through them all! This sucked, how was he supposed to fight this guy if he kept pulling stuff like this? How was he even doing that anyway?

Ugh, soooo many questions! The Inkling thought to himself, very uneasy but even more irritated. Wait a sec! One, two, three, four, five—uh oh!

Blue looked behind him right as Rinku started talking, asking if he had...bones? “Wuh—you’re weird, man!” The squid kid responded with visible and audible confusion, spinning his weapon around by the handle above the barrels and using it to block the kid demon’s swipe. He was sent back a bit, shoes scraping against the ground, but otherwise unharmed. However, an idea popped into his head.

With a smirk on his face, Blue quickly pulled out a sub-weapon that resembled a large highlighter: the Angle Shooter! The squid kid threw the projectile at the speed of a bullet right towards the closeby Rinku! It wouldn’t hurt too bad if it hit, causing nothing more than a larger-than-average bruise, but it was very fast. Directly after throwing it, Blue switched his weapon back to the Splattershot and began painting the ground, as well as shooting at Beam every once in a while to apply a bit more pressure.

Rex Raptor

“Sorry, lemme make it up to you…” Kirin said as she leaned in.

Nyhehehe, you had your chance, Mai! THIS is how a real woman treats a duelist of my caliber!

As rex closed his eyes and prepared for a true hero's welcome, he felt a tug on his duel disk before the sound of something magical rung in his ear.

"Wha-"

Suddenly, the dinosaur he stood on became transparent. Kirin and Rex both fell through Megazowler like it was a hologram! Rex's duel disk attempted to fight the seal, but seemed to struggle with it, the dinosaur flickering in and out of reality. halfway down the fall, Megazowler became solid once more, Rex falling down on Megazowler's knee and rolling off of it, fumbling down to the ground if the laboratory.

"Whuuu..." Rex grunted, scratching his beanie. "What just-"

Looking at his duel disk to draw a card, it refused to do so. It seemed stuck in the animation of trying to pull a card out. Stop his duel disk: a talisman. One of Kirin's. Balling a fist, rex flipped to Kirin.

"You...you tricked me! How dare you! You just want the victory all to yourself!!" Rex accused, flabbergasted. "I don't know what you've done to my dinosaur, but it can still stomp you! Megazowler! Crush this no good backstabber!"

Megazowler, flicking in and out of reality, started to gain physical form for a short time, enough to preform an attack. It crouched it's body lower to the ground before shoving the side of it's body toward Kirin, attempting to slap her with a wall of muscle and spikes!

Rinku

"Haha!"

Inkling parried the blow, causing stress fractures in the weapon, being blown back considerably. It seemed they were also readying their own counter attack. A pity though. A pity that they thought they were fast enough. Seeing a glint of movement, Rinku raised an arm, a weird cylinder like attack hitting his arm and bouncing off, some of the blue ooze getting on his sleeve, the demon wincing for a second as he braved the attack.

"Soooo lame! Get a grip!"

Rinku was starting to get bored. Bringing his leg behind him, he thrust it forward, into the beach sand, causing a plume of it to erupt out toward inkling! The terrain was being used to his advantage to both obscure him as well as deliver an attack. The sand would wash over inkling, and when the squid would try and flee the plume, he'd soar over and deliver a deadly corkscrew kick on the ink boy's shoulder. All the while, the sand would cover and muddle up the ink pools!

Ripper Roo

As Kassandra erupted from the dynamite cloud, coming to crush Ripper's spine with her heel, something strange happened. Ripper's neck seemed to become practically noodle like, slinking up to look at her before shooting up, as if spring loaded. So as her heel came to connect with his body, it wasn't the spine in connected to --- But to Roo's mouth! It was as if his body was elastic!

The sharp teeth of the kangaroo caught the heel before biting all at once with each fang like protrusion. Not only that, but this also yoinked his lower body forward, aiming to stomp on Kassandra's thigh, making it turn green before detonating, with surely enough force to send the kangaroo in a clean, yet explosive getaway!

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Alter Knight
“Harumph, lame, lame! You aren’t very good at this game!” Jevil jeered.
Alter Knight chuckled darkly, before muttering under her breath.
"Well...you're not wrong." she admitted.
Not that it would waver her conviction. Jevil sent another wall of spades, which were quickly dispatched by lightning from above, while Alter Knight whirled as Jevil attempted to attack from behind, clearly fond of back strikes. Jevil's scythe met Alter Knight's sword once, twice if needed, sending sparks flying. A different kind of sparks went through the scythe's blade, ran up the handle and onto Jevil lightning (heh) fast!. He would be shocked and subsequently stunned by a jolt of lightning, leaving him open for Alter Knight to slash him with Libera!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
"Sorry, but didn't your teammate say you should never trust an opponent?"

Kirin had landed just behind Megazowler, readying her blade as the dinosaur was commanded to attack, flickering in and out of existence. As it moved to slam its spiky body against her, the Battle Priestess leapt upward, swinging her weapon down---and it clashed with one of the spikes, Kirin using it as an anchor point to propel herself higher into the air, clearing the dino as it went past her.

From her aerial position, she was quick to fling a series of talismans at Rex with surprising accuracy, looking to place a tag on him or land one of the projectiles near him. Regardless of the result, she would close the distance in a flash with her Arc Chain, making to swing her blade at Rex's Duel Disk at lightning speeds!

Inkling “Blue”
Angle Shooter was a direct hit, nice! Blue swam between puddles of ink that he had created as Rinku flew back towards the sand. Jumping out of ink and taking aim with his Splattershot, a glint shined in the squid kid’s eyes as he watched Rinku’s movements with ah unnatural amount of precision compared to his more natural accuracy from before. Something had changed…

”Blegh, gross!” The squiddo coughed up a mouthful of sand as Rinku kicked a plume of it in his direction, shielding his eyes from the granular substance and rolling to the side. He continued to track Rinku without issue, who was coming in hot with a corkscrew kick! Thinking fast, Blue pulled out a roomba-esque device and threw it on the floor: the curling bomb. It quickly began to travel, leaving a trail of fresh ink as it went. The squiddo quickly changed into squid form and submerged himself in the ink to protect himself. After a short delay, the Curling Bomb exploded, dealing damage to Rinku if he couldn’t get out of the way fast enough, as well as leaving a nice and large area of ink!

Blue hopped out of the puddle and was now armed with two pistol-like weapons with two muzzles and an almost childish appearance, various items used to create them. These were the Dark Tetra Dualies! He immediately opened fire on Rinku wherever he was, tracking his movements and adjusting aim accordingly with the rapid fire weapons.

comic

NEPH

The child began to beg for mercy. She could call his bluff immediately when he started to lie about having knowledge, but as she raised her hand to use Psychic and destroy the boy, she hesitated, her hard eyes going a shade softer. She was reminded of something... a memory from years ago. Perhaps it was the sniveling. Perhaps it was the similar color schemes.

The opposing gardevoir collapsed on the ground, wincing as he struggled to pick himself up, before finally falling. The gardevoir's trainer reluctantly held out his pokéball and recalled the final member of his team. Neph found herself agitated, glancing down at her tattered dress and burns along her body. It had been a month since she'd led her trainer to the championships, and they hadn't seen Wally since victory road - but now he was here. He seemed thinner than usual, his skin a little more pale. His eyes were gaunt, and his expression, usually so determined after a loss... was defeated.

Neph frowned slightly, staring at him, wondering why he wasn't his usual self. She was more agitated than anything, pissed off that he'd actually given her a run for her money. She was supposed to be the top Pokémon in all of Hoenn, how had this been possible? And by another gardevoir, no less?? She had half a mind to strike back at Wally himself, just to satiate her aggression. Her trainer, however, moved past her to approach the boy, who looked almost like he was about to faint himself. "I don't understand..." Wally spoke. Even his voice was different. Broken and small. "I trained... I trained so hard... but we still couldn't win... I-I beat the League. I beat the Elite 4. I beat May. But... I still..."

"Hey..." her trainer spoke. He wasn't all that much older than Wally, but he'd always taken an "older brother" stance around the boy, placing a hand on his shoulder, speaking softly. "You did amazing. You're probably the best trainer I've ever fought. Really!"

He laughed, then grinned, giving Wally an encouraging smile. The boy had tears in his eyes, before he slowly smiled back. It seemed weak for a smile, like he struggled to bring it to his face. "...Thanks... I... I guess... I guess I don't mind being second place. I mean... I almost beat you... so that means I'm a great trainer!"

"You really are!" Neph's trainer encouraged as she watched on, eyeing Wally, now able to do so since she wasn't actively battling his Pokémon. Her pit of anger in her gut quickly began to evaporate, like air being let out of a balloon, and it was instead replaced with shame for her own desire to lash out due to frustration. She'd won, there was no point in just being mean. And Wally... he'd always been a sickly boy.

Now he seemed much worse. She wondered... what if she had intentionally lost the fight? Given Wally that one victory he'd craved since the start? It would have meant losing the place of Champion for her trainer. Wally had already beaten the other Pokémon on the team. He could have done it. Could she have been willing to let go of the need for victory, just to give that experience to a kid who looked to be on death's door?

It was too late now...

But she could have.

Neph felt as though she'd won this fight already, her palm raised to the sniveling Weevil, ready to strike him down with a simple thought, but she was hesitating - which proved to be a mistake. He pulled out something to spray at her. The gardevoir recoiled as she raised one of her arms, the spray getting all over her hand, while her other aimed toward the duel disc, and fired off Psychic, aiming to rip it apart - and anything that got in its way. If she could remove that device, he'd have no choice but to forfeit.

Her hesitation had evidently been a mistake.

This child wasn't Wally. He was just another bug to crush.

M.O.D.O.K.

“Hey, I don’t think saying that complies with the ratings—“

BOOM!

"HA!" The Man-Mind cheered. "THAT IS BECAUSE THIS IS UNRATED! ANYTHING'S FAIR GAME! I COULD FLAY YOU WITH MY MIND, AND IT WOULD BE OKAY!"

And yet, somehow, this angel kept coming back for more! M.O.D.O.K. groaned as he glanced at his cooldown. The energy barrier was still a long way off from recharging. When the disc were fired, the A.I.M. Leader scowled, lowering his head slightly to fire the beam of energy from his forehead, which blitzed into every single disc, tracking Pit, but before it could land, he'd flashed behind the Mechanized Organism.

Pit struck the Doomsday Chair from behind, lurching M.O.D.O.K. forward, spinning a little as he shook his arms and legs like a toddler throwing a tantrum.
"NO! NO! NO! THIS ISN'T HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO GO! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEEP FRIED ANGEL WINGS ALREADY!" He roared, a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face as he began to frantically type into the console. "I MUST CORRECT THIS MISCALCULATION! I MUST DESTROY YOU! I AM GENIUS! I AM M.O.D.O.K.!"

The bottom of the Doomsday Chair opened up, revealing yet another new gun, charging up with red energy. The Death Laser. A powerful beam of energy, powerful enough to melt Iron Man's armor, powerful enough to break through Dr. Doom's force fields. Powerful enough to shatter buildings! THIS would work! To top it off, M.O.D.O.K. used the "Death Combo," another Death Missile firing out of the top of the chair to lock on to Pit and close in on him.

And finally, just for good measure, the Man-Mind used his psychic prowess to influence the surrounding chunks of earth, scattered about when the Dual Hyper Beams had shattered the floating landmass. Now, dozens of large chunks of earth began to hurl at Pit from every direction, the Death Missile weaving through any that came close as the Death Laser would easily blast apart any that came between it and Pit, the Mechanized Organism able to focus the beam of energy, unlike the Dual Hyper Beams, allowing M.O.D.O.K. to alter its trajectory if Pit moved.

KASSANDRA

Eugh, physics didn't seem to apply much to this creature. Not only did it somehow react in less than a second to hear approach, somehow knowing she was approaching, but it tried to bite her heel. Instead, she re-angled herself - to shove her heel down his throat. Her strategy was simple. The "Boots of Hermes" granted temporary flight, and Kassandra activated it with a thought, supernaturally connected to the Godly sandals. Even as his fangs dug into her skin, she lifted up, his attempt at a kick missing as she instead hovered over him, before she rapidly thrust downward, tearing at her own flesh with his teeth, but it was hardly new to her, intending to ram her leg down the little shit's throat, and finally, she'd resound with a simple move, calling upon her adrenaline charges, the second having filled fully when she'd wiped out Jevil's projectiles.

She'd used one charge already. "Spread Shot" which had dealt with the spades. Now she used up her second charge: "Spartan Kick."

Such an attack propelled her with immense force in the direction she intended to go, which was "down" in this case. It also emboldened her kicking leg, the one Roo had bit. If he kept latched on, it risked shattering his teeth as a supernatural force overcame the misthios, and she plunged downward like a rocket, almost instantly slamming into the ground (or as far down as Roo's body could deform) before a powerful burst of energy would propel from her foot, releasing a shockwave of energy that could threaten to tear apart the kangaroo from within, and if it was outside of his gullet, would release the shockwave to blast away anything within a few meters of Kassandra.

Rinku

Rinku looked over at Inkling, who evaded into the grainy ink below, which worked, albeit barley, since the sand began to absorb it. Leaving what was no doubt an explosive behind, Rinku yawned and leaped up, remaining levitating as he seemed...bored. The explosive device going off harmlessly below.

"A lot of the same old tricks...hum. I think it's time I break something of yours to spark your creativity."

Inevitability, Blue was gonna spring out of the ink. So when he saw a whiff of movement from the ink, the boy flew towards it like the speed demon he was. A few splotches of paint struck his chest, which burned more than he expected them to. How annoying. But as he took them all head on, he took his hand and reached out to choke inkling by his neck. He was in the air after all. Rinku's turf. So even if the boy tried to dodge...it would be a matter of time before they got snatched.

Rex

"Gaaaaahhh! I hate deceitful cowards!" Rex stomped.

This chick was more like Weevil than he thought. They'd get along well. But this was far from ideal. Kirin was making their move, which he no doubt was going to be an acrobatic display of agility, so he needed a backup plan. His duel disk still refused to have him draw a card, but maybe he could still play from his hand...

"Help me out, Crawling Dragon #2!"

Placing the monster on the field, thankfully, it rose to full height, hissing to life with its curved and spiked covered snout. The dinosaur kept low to the ground, its four legs remaining close defensively to Rex. It appeared the talisman on the disk was starting to lose integrity, flickers becoming less consistent and the ability to draw almost back.

But Megazowler was too slow to come intercept Kirin. Instead, she evaded the big guy and tossed a talisman toward Rex Raptor. Rex shouted and flung himself to the ground in cowardice, but it hardly mattered, Kirin flashed near him and swooped in for a deadly slash! But that's where Crawling Dragon #2 came in. The dinosaur parried it with it's tail, the sword nearly cutting deep into the flesh. The dinosaur hissed in pain before opening its mouth, a chameleon like tongue flying out to stick to her chest. If this succeeded, it would yoink her in to his spiked gullet before snapping shut!

Ripper Roo

"Ooooourk!"

Was hard to talk with a foot now lodged in your throat. His feet missed his attack, and it seemed Kassandra now had complete control of the situation.

Wait.

Control?

Nobody controls Ripper Roo, not even Ripper Roo!

Ripper's eyes rolled up, as pressure began to build deep in his throat. There was something off. Kassandra could feel something...touching her leg. All around it. Suddenly. Fuses stuck out from between cracks of Ripper's teeth and through his nose, lot of course. And deep in the throat of Ripper, was a giant lump. One that pulsed green. If it detonated on impact...the floor! As soon as they hit the floor, it was too late-

Ka-BOOOOOM!

Ripper roo had engulfed both himself and Kassandra in a massive explosion, complete with its own little mushroom cloud. Kassandra's leg had been caught even worse than the rest of her body, which was no doubt nothing but bits of flesh flying around the arena. Tufts of blue fur rained from above, along with a spray of dynamite, aimed at nobody in particular.

Ripper - defeated!

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
As it turned out, her seal wasn't quite as powerful as the ones she placed back in her world. Maybe it was some sort of restraint placed on her for the tournament? She didn't have much time to ponder on it, as a new dinosaur came out to play, its long tongue sticking to her chest, pulling her in rather quickly.

"Eugh- let me go!"

She did not want to end up as dinosaur food. She needed a way out of this, and one that could deal with all of her targets (including Rex himself) quickly. So, as she was pulled towards the dino's jaws, she closed her eyes, time slowing down to a crawl as she held her blade firmly, a faint azure aura swirling around her.

Raging gale weaves a pattern
Heavenly sword flashes across space and time
Battle priestess wields blade with dignity

"88th Rite - Pale Mist Refined!"

In an instant, Kirin had zipped across the room, her blade slicing into Crawling Dragon #2's tongue. She flew through the air at high speeds, leaving thin trails of light behind her, Kirin aiming to drive her blade through the Crawling Dragon twice in quick succession, before she zipped over to Megazowler, looking to do much the same to it. Finally, she would zip along the ground, fully intending on slicing Rex's Duel Disk in half, perhaps even the arm as a whole. Once she ended up on the other side of Rex, all of her slashes would deal massive damage at once!

Pit
"Deep fried angel wings DO sound delicious..."

"Can you not think about food at a time like this!?"

M.O.D.O.K. was fuming that the fight had gone on for this long, so Pit was certainly doing something right---but it also meant a lot more attacks were being thrown his way. Another Death Missile, a big red laser, and lots of chunks of earth to top it all of. Geez, talk about overpowered. Thank goodness he wasn't in Smash...

The laser was, of course, the one to reach Pit first---and a bright light engulfed the angel, the Death Laser seemingly clashing against it. When the light faded, however, it was revealed that a glass-like arm-mounted shield was holding the beam back. A golden bow with rainbow energy swirling around it was in Pit's other hand, the angel firing a series of rapid fire shots in every direction, shattering the rubble into smaller, harmless pieces.

He could feel the Mirror Shield start to falter, the laser was no joke, so he made to barrel roll to the side, out of its immediate path to then soar upwards. A bright Arrow of Light was shot at the Death Missile, its piercing properties looking to bypass its forcefield and destroy it completely.

"Three Sacred Treasures?! Thanks a lot, Lady Palutena!"
"Well, I didn't grant you the Wings of Pegasus, that's still the Power of Flight you've got there. But "Two Sacred Treasures" doesn't quite have that same ring to it. Besides, don't thank me yet. You've still got a fight to win!"

"Roger!"

Pit quickly switched directions, now soaring back down at M.O.D.O.K., who would surely be seething. Another charged Arrow of Light was fired at the Man-Mind, the powerful holy weapon homing in on him!

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Miracle
Well, sure was nice on the warm sand here, but where was his opponent? Surely, such a simple trick would work, right? Pfft, of course not! The magician sat himself up and looked around, spotting Grazie, a hand still held on to the Rose while the other moved in a shrugging position.

" Hey! You were supposed to come closer! Come on now, work with me h- "

An abrupt feeling cut off the performer's words. A sharp pain. It felt like.. stabbing. His eyes widened as he suddenly shot sky-high (still acting out, mostly), hands on his bottom as his suit protected somewhat against the initial poke of the sharp edge, allowing him the opportunity to move himself upwards before the drill dug into his right thigh too deep and hit a vein, or even bone for that matter, even letting out a cartoonish scream, to the audience's bemusement.

" YEEEEAAAAAAOOOOOWW!! "

With two bounces, the magician landed a ways behind Grazie, wiping the blood from his slacks and taking his time to briefly put on his own branded bandaids over the wound. Minimal to support healing the wound, but enough to at least stop it from bleeding and keep the hole in his pants from staying open. Turning back around to his foe, Miracle gritted his teeth.

" Oi, watch the suit! Cost me a fortune, it did! "

Then, a smile cast on his face. He held an arm up, then threw it down as his magic wand slid out of the sleeve and into his grasp. The sands beneath him begun swirling as he kept the magic wand pointed to the ground. Two giant hands were now formed from the ground, floating behind Miracle, who had taken off his hat in the meantime and held it in the other hand of his.

" Alright, you want a face-off with this magician? Then let's get this sand-off going, here and now! "

Hagen now took upon the skies with his sand hands, guiding them with his wand towards Grazie, shaping one into a fist and leaving the other open. The closed fist would try to smack her away, while the open hand would try to block any incoming attacks his foe would try to send his way!

Minos
His initial kick landed on nothing but the dust around him, his foe appearing from within the covers of their trap to knee him in his cranium! Minos only managed to face Jeice, but did not move his body to try and stop this movement. Rather, he took the attack, his head being kicked back, which would likely end up getting Jeice's leg stuck in Minos' hollow void of a face for him to take the brunt of the explosion that would result after the fact.

Even assuming Jeice had a way to get un-stuck in time, Minos would not let him get away this time as he planned to tail it after Jeice and assault him with a 5-hit combo involving a left swipe, a kick to the gut, a punch from above, an uppercut to launch his foe into the air and a finishing overhead slam with a leg drop mid-air to launch his opponent back into the ground, in that exact order!

comic

KASSANDRA

Malakas, that glowing light could only mean-

A ringing overcame her senses as Kassandra felt herself violently shot upward, her arms shielding her face, her robes quite literally scorched off, leaving only her battle equipment on. She felt her back slug into a pillar, and she bounced off it into the wall of the Akropolis, where she busted through it, and finally, fell to the ground, the wall-break having rapidly slowed her.

Ears still ringing, she landed on her back with a grunt, and groaned. That little shit...! In retrospect, perhaps putting her foot down the literal source of his explosives hadn't been the best call, but she'd figured a Sparta Kick could take it.

Blinking, she looked down at her leg. It was the least damaged part of her, funnily enough. With a wince, she sat up, feeling a cracked rib or two, before she noticed her other leg bent at an odd angle. No good, and without any adrenaline charges, she couldn't heal herself with Second Wind. She'd need to build that up.

Her hand came up and grabbed her necklace, her eyes closing. In an instant, the necklace vanished, replaced with a long staff, the end forming the caduceus symbol. Two serpents coiled around a rod, with wings at the end. The Staff of Hermes. Her most powerful artifact, and in the state she was in... her currently most useful.

Using it as a crutch, she lifted herself up, eyes glancing over her charred skin, making her nose wrinkle, leaning against the staff for support. She'd taken hits like that from Hades himself before. Not quite as big, but judging by the splatter of remains outside the Akropolis, Ripper Roo was no Hades. Still, she shouldn't be this damaged from it. Could she have been... weakened in this place, somehow? It didn't seem too out of the question. Different worlds would have different heroes of different powers. There had to be a way to even the balance. Or perhaps that blast had been simply greater than she interpreted it.

Leaning on the staff, Kassandra brought up her good leg - and kicked the bad, snapping it into place. She let out a sharp exhale, before the pain subsided. With it back in place, it'd be a fusing of the bone once she got Second Wind. Otherwise, it was a simple matter of defeating Jevil, and being fully restored in the lobby anyway.

Shaking the ringing from her ears, the misthios called upon the power of the Staff of Hermes... and vanished on the spot, warping through space to teleport closer to the other two combatants. Her Demigod style wasn't her most favored to use, but it would be invaluable here, both keeping her out of direct danger, and playing the ranged game just as hard as Jevil did.

M.O.D.O.K.

"GAAAAH! STOP PULLING OUT NEW STUFF EVERY TIME I DO! YOU'RE UNDERSELLING MY CLEARLY SUPERIOR ARSENAL!" M.O.D.O.K. roared, before he noticed the Death Missile being struck - its shield had been bypassed, somehow. Due to its design, it did not erupt, as it required the Man-Mind to do this. Instead, its thruster was deactivated and it began to fall. He quickly pulled it with his telekinesis, and threw it at Pit from behind as he fired something new (by now, the Death Laser had ceased firing).

The Laser Cannons were raring to go once more, having gone through their short cooldown sequence, and now began to fire yellow lasers toward Pit. They seemed to almost bend in the air, as though magnetized to the angel. In fact, it seemed downright attracted to him, every rapid bolt honing in on him, almost like it was attracted to his divine power. This was, in fact, the purpose of the yellow lasers, which did greater damage (somehow) to beings of a supernatural nature, such as ghost, demons, and gods. Pit was no different, and with his power-up, the blasts were even more effective, and even more attracted to him.

As the Laser Cannons began to fire, not letting up, Pit had fired his Arrow of Light. The Mechanized Organism raised his right hand, grimacing as he summoned his psychic barrier. The arrow struck, and M.O.D.O.K.s arm buckled, but the shield held strong, the arrow dispersing against it.
"GRR... I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THESE THEATRICS. YOUR SACRED WEAPONS ARE NO MATCH FOR MY SCIENCE!"

To make things harder for Pit, M.O.D.O.K. used his mind to cast an illusion, making it appear as though a second Death Missile had fired from the Man-Mind and was closing in on the angel, while in reality, the only real one was closing in from behind, only detonating once in proximity of him.

Rex Raptor

"Heh...ha!" Rex poked his head out from behind the Dino, getting his confidence back. "In the end, all you ever were was Dino chow! Now how about that?"

His grin grew ever wider as she appeared to get closer and closer to the dinosaur, closing her eyes as if to accept her fate. Except one small problem.

She wasn't going to accept her fate.

She zipped through Crawling Dragon #2, cutting them down in a blink of an eye! Rex was taken aback as she flew past, slicing into Megazowler, albeit not quite as effective, as the beast was still massive due to Megamorph, the hide proving too big to cut down so quickly. Even so, managed to cause the beast to reel back, lowering their head protectively and shutting their eyes.

However, she wasn't satisfied just going after the monsters. It was Rex's turn. She slashed forward, Rex having very little retaliation except to drive and lunge out of the way. This was a failure. Her speed was too much to simply avoid by a lunge, so in the final slash of her attack-

CRASH!

A thick blade of the duel disk was severed. Half of the whole thing lopped off just like that! This included Crawling Dragon #2's card, which was on that part of the duel disk, dropping down to the ground uselessly. From the place Kirin cut, three monster zones and three spell/trap zones were just severed from the duel disk, only two of each remained where the duel disk curved inwards, in an angle just different enough to not suffer the same fate as the rest of the duel disk. The attack was so clean, that even the left of Rex's jacket and hair had been sliced, hair strands and green jacket fragments flying out with the sparks of the duel disk.

"Ngggh!"

Rex, fell down to the ground following his lunge. He wasn't quite sure what all that was, but it wasn't good! This chick is becoming a problem, my...my duel disk is all messed up! Aw geez, I ain't got the money to fix that! Tch! I'll just nab Weevil's after this is all over! Get it together, Rex. You ain't extinct yet!

"That was some move..." Rex admitted, regaining his composure, standing up to face her. "But something tells me you can't keep that type of attack up for long! Ngh...ha!"

Pulling out a card forcefully from his duel disk, the seal finally gave way on it, restoring whatever limited function remained on it. Card he drew wasn't going to be useful for now. Not with only two zones of each to mess with. If he had to save up for a monster...it's had to be that one.

"Megazowler! I command you to end this duel, once and for all! Jurassic Impact!"

Megazowler, now finally gaining its bearings, anchored all four of their legs on the ground, staring down Kirin. Then, with a cry, dashed straight forward with incredible speed. In fact, it would even overshot and shatter the entire laboratory wall nearby! Betting on Kirin's limited mobility, the surface area of the Dino was to make sure she was bashed out of the lab and into the loser's circle!

Weevil Underwood

"Cockroach Knight, my duel disk!" Weevil called out as he scampered away from Neph. Weevil's face-down monsters flipped up to reveal a strange bug warrior, one that had the appearance of a green armored cockroach armed with a sword and shield. It was about the same height as Weevil. The insect monster picked up Weevil's duel disk, tossing it back towards the duelist.

The Psychic attack struck Cockroach Knight, and the insect monster let out a screech as it exploded into pixels. But unlike the other monsters that had been destroyed, these pixels flew back to the duel disk and seemed to be absorbed into it. The duel disk clattered to the ground just short of Weevil, and the insect duelist dived down to it and slid it back on.

"Heh heh. HA HA HA!" Weevil cackled, jumping back to his feet and staring down Neph. "Nice try, dweeb. But when you are able to defeat someone, don't hesitate!"
Weevil drew from his deck, playing the card instantly.
"And look who's back? Cockroach Knight!" Weevil said. Sure enough, Cockroach Knight appeared before Weevil. It stood with its shield at the ready, waiting to defend its duelist.

comic

NEPH

"Don't hesitate."

The only bit of his advice she'd take to heart. The moment Weevil began to pull a card from his deck, she swiped her hand, using Dazzling Gleam once more to strike at both Weevil and the "Cockroach Knight" (a bit of a vulgar name, but this was a disgusting child, anyway, she shouldn't be surprised), followed by a few rapid shots of simple psychic blasts before she pulled up the main event, collapsing her fingers into a fist, using her telekinesis to have the surrounding rubble of the destroyed wall suddenly rise up, and begin to converge on Weevil from every conceivable direction around him.

What made it worse was that, as the rubble began to close in, the chunks began to seemingly sharpen themselves, bits rapidly flaking away to turn the rubble into spikes, all closing in on Weevil from everywhere, aiming to turn him into swiss cheese, before the gardevoir cast her mind outward, for what effect was not yet clear.

Axe
Surprisingly, the monster perfume seemed to barely deter Axe himself - He was used to it, evidently - Though the winds kept him back slightly, attempting to keep his breathing calm past his minor frustration. The sand slammed into Axe's shield as Magolor teased him, As Axe decided to try a rather risky strategy.
"You're right." He admitted. "That guy was way WAY more of a threat than anyone like you!" He claimed, before suddenly throwing his shield - It bounced off the ground with force, shaking the sand off in the process before launched towards Magolor from the front. In the meantime, Axe dashed forward, grabbing his shield right before it would reach Magolor, the pickaxe end extending out right towards Magolor's face. Another firecracker was discreetly taken from his pocket, lit against the inner edge of his shield as he prepared to use it soon.

Masaru Takahara
Dang, the mythical being had dodged the attack rather swiftly, zipping about with a bright blue coat of energy. Something told Masaru he couldn't copy this flight-dodging-attack technique (Which had a far simpler name than Masaru was assuming in this moment), so he resolved to instead try to dodge or block the attack wherever it came from. And behind him the attack launched towards him from, threatening to harm the small of Masaru's back at the very least. But, Masaru had figured this would happen, since behind was a rather obvious blind spot for many a fighter. He, however, had not expected the speed, leaving him little room to dodge. So, instead, he turned around as quick as he could, and raised his arms, Shaymin's powerful energy clattering against his readied skin. It stung, no doubt, but Masaru didn't plan to lose to a small amount of pain when he knew he could take more!
Rolling Wheel Kick!
In that position, he attempted to strike Shaymin with a hard and disorienting roundhouse kick!

Weevil Underwood

It was finally time. He had certainly waited long enough. With his duel disk back on, the massive Cocoon began to crack and break. Beams of light and energy burst forth, as the massive insect emerged! Weevil grinned. This was it. He had won. No need to worry about Raptor or Kirin, he would crush Neph here and now and sweep them all away! Maybe even try to do something special for Raptor... Perhaps he would be able to just use Leghul to pick him apart, piece by piece until there was nothing left...

"Kya, ha, kyahahaha!" Weevil laughed as the massive Moth screeched. The pure energy and power of the moth radiated off of it in waves, wiht the air around him and Weevil once again beginning to fill with powder. "My Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, now reborn! Now would be the part where you say goodbye to your life poi-"

Weevil was not even able to finish his sentence. Neph's Dazzling Gleam attack struck, with the Cockroack Knight moving in to block most of the damage. Still, the attack knocked Weevil off his feet and sent him slamming into the ground in a move that knocked the wind out of him. Weevil gasped in shock, trying to get his breath back as he pushed himself up. It was then he found he did, in fact, still have breath. Because he let out a scream in pain when Neph's psychic attacks struck him, knocking him back even further.

Seeing it's Duelist in danger, the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth screeched angrily at Neph. It flew towards Neph, attempting to crush the Gardevior once and for all!

Weevil slowly sat up, dazed and woozy. He was barely conscious after the barrage, and looked around confused. He was... alive? He was still alive!
"Heh... heh... Great Moth..." Weevil pointed towards Neph, a sinister grin. "He'll.. squish you-"
A shadow fell over the bug duelist. His face paling, Weevil looked up to see spike of rubble floating in the air around him.

"..."

"Ohno"

Weevil threw himself to the side as the rubble rained down. He was pelted, battered, and crushed. When the smoke cleared, Weevil was at the bottom of the pile of rubble, out of the battle.

Weevil Underwood
RETIRED

The moment before the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth struck Neph, it became transparent! The massive Duel Monster flew through Neph, harmlessly passing through the Gardevoir before vanishing out of existance. In fact, none of Weevil's monsters or effects remained now. The Kisetai monster that was hovering around Neph vanished, as did many of the trees and wasteland that were in the arena...

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor
Sand and wind worked in tandem to push Axe even further back as Magolor studied him, seeing the irritation in his face. The anger seem to get to him, prompting Axe to pull a bold move: insulting Magolor. He followed it up by throwing his shield too.
"Hee Hee!" Magolor laughed, unbothered. "I find that hard to believe~"
Just before Axe could grab onto his shield/pickaxe hybrid, another dimensional spike stabbed between him, forcing him to chose between getting stabbed or cancelling his approach!
Magolor's made a motion, summoning up a five-segmented magic shield of his own, in the shape of a star. Axe's shield smacked against the barrier, sending Magolor a few feet back with a grunt. A segment of the magic barrier shattered, releasing a small shockwave for counter damage.

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
"What th-" Rather than the hammer striking Chai, Noah instead was greeted by the sight of Chai using the hammer to his own advantage, seemingly grappling up and rocketing up above the Kevesi soldier. Suddenly, Noah felt the back side of Chai's guitar slam into his back, letting out a loud groan as he was sent into the ground below. "Spark, that hurt..."

Muttering some quiet curses, Noah quickly got to his feet, the hammer disappearing and his sword reappearing in his hand. He spun around to face Chai, swinging his sword out in a circular motion, hoping to either knock Chai backwards or at least make him dodge away. Either way, he wanted to put some distance between him and his opponent. Noah needed to formulate a plan, and Chai was a relentless, quick fighter.

Chai

Score! Direct hit! Noah was sent straight to the ground, Chai landing just nearby him. Blowing some imaginary steam off his guitar, the scarf toting musician smirked over towards Noah.

"You might wanna call a chiropractor for that one." He mused. "But hey, get up! We are just gettin' started!"

♩We shoot without a gun,
we'll take on anyone! ♬

That's when Noah got into the defensive, swinging his sword around almost like a fan blade would. Seemed almost like a move a boss in a video game might do to stop a damage phase. Thinking quick, Chai dove back onto a somewhat level concrete path, gripping his guitar with both his hands. That's when scrap began to pile in from parts scattered around the hillside. Nails, iron plates, screws, gears, and the like built up on the tip of the guitar, creating a long yet nimble spike, made specifically for penetrating thick targets! Chai, reeling his arm back Aimed to penetrate right through the defensive sword swiping with a quick Arpeggio Stab to the chest!

♬ It's really nothing new,
It's just a thing we like to do! ♬

STAB!

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Mudkip
As Dart would turn to Mudkip, he would find it already gone, with nothing but a Regular Burger to-go bag and the Oran Berry inside left behind. He'd rushed off into a tunnel, hidden by the tall grass as it went to go see if his friend was okay! Lucario had just seemed to have been beating his foe pretty handily, but now the Mud Fish Pokémon couldn't see or hear him atop the ledge! Mudkip raced up the tunnel and across the bridge... into another tunnel that looped around to the ledge Lucario lay unconscious on. Oh no! The semiaquatic creature rushed to his friend's side, spitting up a small splash of water onto the Aura Pokémon's face and rapidly tapping his cheek in desperation to to wake him up. It wasn't working. Tears welled in the Pokémon's eyes, he should've joined in and done something! Now his friend was hurt and wouldn't wake up...

"M-mudkip..!"

Kragg
The explosion sent Kragg back a bit, knockback and damage nearly entirely negated due to his speed and improved defenses. He skid backwards, but Cayman wasn't safe in the slightest. As the beetle skid, he slapped the ground, prompting a pillar of stone to erupt from the wall behind Cayman! The attack would launch the Adept back towards the Earth's Bastion. Kragg stood up and swung his arm forward, meeting his foe with a violent armbar, which'd hurt without slowing him down much. If Cayman kept moving, the oversized bug turned around, dug his fingers into the earth, and ripped out another chunk of rock to hurl at his enemy.

Beam
Dagr's axe only met sand, as Beam had already submerged again- a perk of having aimed low in his last attack.

"Hey, Beam! Can you still understand me? What are you, I just gotta know!"

Dagr took off, and Beam swam behind her. He appeared above the ground, doing a breaststroke. Due to the nature of the breaststroke, he bobbed up and down between words- though his reply wasn't particularly thoughtful.

"BEAM-!"

"SHARK-!"

"DEVIL-!"

"-MAN!"

"RRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

After satisfying Dagr's curiosity, Beam drew upon the speed of a mako to quicken his swimming; diving again before shooting out of the water and into the air! He arced down upon Dagr, his once again monstrous jaws gnashing for the jotun's metal-feathered friend.

Kool Kats
Ryuji managed to knock the massive laser shuriken back towards Troy. Skull underestimated the Kool Kats' teamwork, with Allison turning midair to be caught by another Vortex Ball. Troy spun around once, blocking Nótt's laser with one of the wide prongs of his weapon. He swung around twice, and pitched the Soul Edge II towards the two, only this time it was vertical, slicing through the earth like butter. It went right between the Phantom Thief and jotun princess, likely unnerving them, but that wasn't the end of the attack. The light shuriken twisted horizontally before it entered the fog on the other side of the arena and changed directions, coming back to Troy in an attempt to cleave through both of his foes from behind!

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Her attack had been mostly successful, even resulting in the Duel Disk being cut in half. While this had eliminated Crawling Dinosaur #2. Megazowler was still in play, charging directly at Kirin once her Special Skill ended. She wasn't exactly in the best position, and it seemed her ability to Arc Chain was restricted at the moment (something she assumed was an effect of the tournament, given how GV had mentioned similar things before), so she had to face this one head on.

It wasn't going to be pretty.

With a flick of her wrist, five infused talismans were quickly lodged in the ground in front of the Adept. Kirin raised her staff, a strange aura emanating from it---and in an instant, a purple copy of Kirin formed from each one, readying their blades before lunging at Megazowler. As they worked together to slow the beast down as much as they could, Kirin herself would unleash a barrage of talismans against the dinosaur, aiming to decrease its power. It would inevitably reach her, and once it did...

"Warden Flash!"

The Battle Priestess stood her ground, holding her blade out for a perfectly timed parry against her (hopefully weakened) foe. Her sword would surge with purple electricity as she struck Megazowler, this technique designed to handle physical attacks from foes much tougher than her!
Cayman
Kragg was proving quite crafty, creating a pillar from the earth to slam into Cayman. The Adept's own attack had sent him flying a little higher than perhaps what the beetle anticipated, causing the pillar to undershoot and graze the man's boots. In response to this, Cayman raised an arm before slamming his fist down in a slamming motion, shattering the stone into fiery chunks that would rain down on Kragg.

Following this, Cayman would crash down like a crimson comet, body glowing brightly as he performed a blazing dropkick that could drag Kragg along the ground for dozens of feet! Should he miss, he'd send chunks of earth flying everywhere, giving his attack some extra range.
Pit
Man, this guy really liked lasers.

Pit's wings glowed a bright blue as he flew, attempting to juke the yellow lasers out with quick movements to no avail. Not just that, but he could see yet another Death Missile coming in from in front of him, forcing the angel to steer upwards.

"These lasers aren't letting up, Lady Palutena!"

"They seem to be locked onto your divine aura. Maybe you can shoot them down or guide them elsewhere with certain attacks."

"Guess it's worth a try. And how come he gets to throw ANOTHER one of those missiles?"

"Huh? I only see one coming from behind you, Pit."

This left the angel confused for a moment, casting a glance down at the seemingly normal missile, then looking back at the thrusterless one coming from behind. Whatever was going on here, he was certainly going to have to shoot his way out of this one. A flurry of glowing arrows were quickly fired at the incoming lasers, Pit looking to destroy or deflect them in some form as he flew back down towards M.O.D.O.K., additionally firing a shot at the missile directly ahead---and it passed through, confirming it was a fake.

Pit proceeded to soar through it, keeping his fire on the incoming lasers (should his plan work, otherwise he'd focus his fire on the Man-Mind himself). The angel planned to quickly whizz just past his foe, hoping to hit the floating head with some of his own lasers.​

comic

NEPH

She paused.

She blinked.

...Had that been it?

She lowered her arm, having raised it to instinctively shield herself from the moth at its re-emergence, but then it, and the other monsters, had disappeared. Her eyes turned back toward Weevil to find she'd successfully put him down.

Good riddance, she thought. Fights weren't supposed to be so difficult for her, she had bested god-like legendary Pokémon, why was a couple of greasy kids with weak teams giving her a run for her money? It didn't seem right... but it was also an interesting prospect. She hadn't had to push herself like that in years. Arceus knew she'd never tried to manipulate her opponents before, but it was fortunate that Rex was dumb enough to fall for it.

Now all that remained, presumably, was Rex. If Master Hand had yet to appear, it meant Kirin had somehow failed to dispatch the kid despite being literally right there and capable of doing so. Neph rolled her eyes as she looked herself over, taking in the damage, before she tossed one more rock on top of the Weevil shard pile, sticking her tongue out at him, before she vanished.

When she reappeared in the lab, a fair distance behind Rex, she noticed how wrecked the place was getting. Despite Rex's ham-fisted and obvious methods, it seemed that Kirin was allowing him to function in his element. She was beginning to get overwhelmed. The gardevoir's eyes darted about, soaking in the surrounding environment, before she lazily swatted her hand at her side, causing the severed end of the duel disc to go flying for Raptor's skull, and subsequently followed with a quick burst of Confusion aimed at the boy. While it packed less of a punch than Psychic (even with her Calm Mind boosts), its 10% chance at affecting Rex's mental game was always a fair bet.

DART

The amphibian had leapt off, though it wasn't hard to track it down. Dart shook his head, somewhat humored. It was such an innocent little guy. What was it even doing in a tourney like this, anyway? So the mercenary followed after it, and made quicker work of approaching the defeated pair than the mudkip had. Dart eyed the defeated duo up close. It had been a close match, the kind of matches he was looking forward to having, himself. But again, Warlock had fallen only after Lucario had. That meant Warlock had won.

Then Mudkip began to cry over his fallen friend. "Whoa, hey, don't cry!" Dart immediately called to it, approaching. "Didn't you hear Master Hand? Once we get back to the lobby, everyone's going to be fine! Lucario will be there waiting for you like none of this even happened! I promise!"

M.O.D.O.K.

"WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?" The Man-Mind screeched, before he flew outside of Pit's range as he tried to get close, recognizing the "use his own medicine against him" strategy. Captain America had burnt M.O.D.O.K. with THAT one one too many times. The A.I.M. Leader kept up with the lasers, rocket now barreling to keep up the distance game with Pit.

He needed to get a little creative, go beyond the specified limitations he'd put in place. As his yellow lasers continued to fire, homing in on Pit, the Man-Mind's fingers were a frenzy over his console, before he finally finished his specifications.
"YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING COOL? IT'S YOUR IMMINENT DEMISE!" He asked, tone sinister, before he pressed a button. For a moment, it seemed like nothing had happened as M.O.D.O.K.s Doomsday Chair opened up in the back.

And then suddenly, an entire wall of HUNDREDS of rockets appeared, enlarging from miniscule size, all almost directly in front of Pit's face. M.O.D.O.K. howled with laughter at what he probably thought was a practical joke, the wall of missiles possessing too small of gaps to slip by, too close to blow them up and be reliably a safe distance away - to the Man-Mind, Pit would have no choice but to eat the attack as he let up on the lasers to let the barrels go on cooldown.

Though just to be safe, a compartment on top of the right arm rest opened up, and M.O.D.O.K. grabbed what seemed to be a small gun, getting the Ray Gun ready, biting the inside of his cheek in anticipation. No way would the brat go punking this!

Last edited:

Rex Raptor

Kirin, quickly thinking, used a Warden Flash to stop some of the immediate damage of Megazowler with a masterful parry, seemingly perfectly timed the moment the spikes of the creature touched the blade. While this stopped her from being forged on the spot, it couldn't negate the mountain of muscle that was propelling it. So just then, Megazowler, still in the charge, smashed Kirin with his body, bashing her into and through the laboratory walls, causing an extreme amount of damage to her!

The facing of the laboratory collapsed on the impact site, surely making a burial for her. The debris and fragments of the wall rained down until they formed a heap of sheetrock, steel, and scrap. Rex ran closer, his eyes looking for any glimpse of Kirin. His chest went up and down, his laughter starting to spill out.

"Huh? You say something? You have to speak up, hard to hear you under all that rubble! HA!"

slip

TONK!

Rex was slapped by the metal fragment of his duel disk, which slapped him in the back of the head. Thankfully due to his somewhat matty and thick hair, it was cushioned from a dangerous blow to an annoying one. Rex was knocked forward, just barley remaining on his feet. Hissing, he flipped around to what could have done it. It was...that dumb flower chick! Didn't she burn? This didn't make any sense!

As she fired off a confusion attack, Megazowler swerved it's body around, it's armored head swinging in the way of the confusion attack, the purple energy appearing to soak into the armor mid swing, pulsating and sinking into the plates before vanishing. The dinosaur snorted steam as it laid eyes on her.

"The flower gal back from the dead..." Rex groaned. "Well it don't matter! I put you in the grave, I'll just put you there again! Megazowler! Put her in the ground!"

The still giant Megazowler charged forward swiping their head down to gore gardevoir in one blow! Calm mind may have protected her from special attacks...but she was just as vulnerable to physical ones! Of course Rex didn't know this, his recklessness accidentally giving him a viable strategy.

Last edited:

comic

NEPH

She could hardly keep herself from rolling her eyes once more as Rex attacked back. Kirin didn't seem to be quite out of the fight just yet, but somehow, she'd managed to be put into this situation. How hard was it to kill a kid you literally had at your mercy? Her thoughts reflected on her initial hesitation against Weevil.

That could have been a factor.

With the duel disc cut in half, Rex's plays were limited, but that didn't make them less dangerous. The "Megazowler" came charging. The gardevoir brought her arms before her, as though attempting to shield herself, before great slabs of the lab erected into a wall in front of her, which only seemed to humor the laughing Rex.

When the wall was fairly easily smashed by the megazowler, Neph was nowhere to be found, not to be crushed this time. Instead, she materialized high in the air, levitating herself as she glared down upon Rex. What a feeble thing...

Holding herself there, she analyzed the scene, before she tilted her head to the side, realizing a strategy.

< Rex Raptor, > she spoke into his mind, inflecting the knowledge that the gardevoir was the speaker, implanting that within his mind.
< I am your Goddess of Dinosaurs. I have destroyed Weevil Underwood. You cannot stop me, so why don't you use what you and I both know you've been holding out on. >

Rex Raptor

< I am your Goddess of Dinosaurs. I have destroyed Weevil Underwood. You cannot stop me, so why don't you use what you and I both know you've been holding out on. >

...Wait.

It was her this whole time! His conscience, lady rex...what a joke! She was making a fool of him this whole time! His teeth barred as Megazowler stomped back to an idle, making a slow methodical circle around it's master.

"Heh...heheheh...you want me to go all out then, do you?" Rex snarled. "Fine! This next card will be the last monster you ever see! The ruler of shadows! Serpent Night Dragon!!"

Placing the monster on his only available monster zone left on his duel disk. As black lightning convulsed in the air, four wings sprouted out of the lightning orb like an egg before the electricity zapped away, revealing a slender, dark blue dragon in the wake of it. The erratic wing beats and the red, almost undead look in it's eye gave off a surreal vibe, different than the other monsters that had been summoned so far.

"Weevil never got to see this monster, but if he did, he'd know he was done in! Doesn't matter if you had an army of Kirins, This dragon would reduce them all to nothing! Go on Serpent Night! Nightmare Sonic Blast!!"

"Kreeeeeee!"

The dragon didn't seem to move it's body, but a dark aura emanated from it. Suddenly, dozens upon dozens of arrow shaped shadows emerged from from its silhouette. Racing across the ground, they seeked out Gardevoir's shadow, trying to stab and skewer her shadow, and like a voodoo doll, would cause the same damage to the real one!

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Everything was dark.

She shouldn’t have expected her Warden Flash to work on a Megamorph-boosted Megazowler. That thing was just too large and powerful for her to counter, no matter how good her technique was. A pile of rubble had her mostly buried, with only her head and an arm poking out—and that arm was definitely bent the wrong way.

Weakly, Kirin managed to throw a talisman a slight distance from her, Arc Chain activating to get her out of there, after which she dropped to the ground, chest rising and falling slowly. Scrapes and cuts covered her body, clothing somewhat ripped apart, blood trickling down from the top of her head. But she was alive. She could still fight. No way she was getting eliminated in the first round.

After a moment of catching her breath, Kirin slowly stood up, her good arm reaching for the bad one before she pulled hard, exhaling sharply with a wince before the pain decreased a lot. Picking up her blade from the ground, the Battle Priestess glanced toward where the fight was still taking place. Neph had finally shown up, and the lack of Weevil alongside her meant that Rex was the last one standing.

Gritting her teeth, the Adept started walking back towards the fight, staying in the shadows. If anything, she could pretend to be dead for a little longer. Look for the right moment to take Rex down.

Without killing him, of course. Her code as a priestess prohibited that outcome.

Pit
"Now THOSE aren't illusions."

Pit gulped as the wall of missiles appeared, his speed and distance not allowing him to dodge or weave past them. This was going to be a nasty hit.

"Ngh... Eat this!"

Rearing an arm back as he notched an arrow, the angel fired one more attack before impact---this one more powerful than the last, for once it was fired, the Arrow of Light quickly zipped forward as a large beam of light, tearing through all in its path, headed to incinerate M.O.D.O.K. as well. This also caused the missiles to explode in a massive chain reaction, a mix of bright light and intense heat engulfing Pit as he flew directly into the blast.

"Pit!"

"...still kickin'!"

After a moment, the angel emerged from the other side, body charred. The armor and weapons provided to him by the Three Sacred Treasures were now gone, leaving him in his regular attire, but it seemed he was otherwise mostly fine. In his right hand was now a new weapon, one similar in appearance to a fencing blade, except it had a thicker blade made of water. The Aquarius Blade was quick to fire sharp shots of pressurized water at M.O.D.O.K., Pit's assault unrelenting despite the damage he'd taken.

Grazie
"Copyin' my moves too? None o' y'all are original here!"

A pair of sand hands rose from the ground behind Grazie, looking to match Mr. Miracle blow for blow. Imitating the magician's own strategy, one of them caught the incoming hand, locking it in place, while the other one threw a punch at the open palm---but once it came close enough, this one would burst apart, sending sand flying outwards. The sand particles would weave around the hand before reforming into a fist, aiming to sneak a punch just past Hagen's guard!

"No beatin' my own tricks!"​

Jeice

With a resounding crack, Jeice's knee struck Minos' head. A resounding success! But his attack had failed to knock the soul back. In fact, as Jeice attempted to move away, he found that he knee was stuck in the empty hole that was Minos' face! To make matters worse, Jeice's attack had failed to even alter the course of the soul's original attack.
"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." Jeice said.

The red skinned alien was flipped midair as he "tripped" over Minos' head, then blasted away from the explosive attacked. Regaining control of himself, he looked back to see Minos flying towards him full speed.
"Not this time, ya blue bastard!" Jeice exclaimed. The two exchanged a rapid series of attacks, with Jeice managing to block, counter, or dodge the flurry of attacks. After each attack, Jeice attempted to throw in a punch or kick of his own.

Minos' final attack was a leg drop kick, a technique the soul seemed to favor. Jeice dodged to the side. As Minos passed, Jeice attempted to grab his leg, swing the soul around, and throw him to the ground instead! After that, he attempted to follow up with a rapid flurry of multiple ki blasts!

Dagr

So the demon could still understand her in this state. Cool. He was able to keep up with her as she ran, even more impressive. Fast, strong, and tough. Fearsome like the Manakete and Fafnirs. And with a weird earth swimming power? She couldn't ask for a better opponent to start out! Focused on her battle with Beam, she hadn't noticed anything going on with Blue and Rinku's battle.

Beam leapt out of the earth, and Dagr turned to face him. She caught his bite with the handle of her poleax, his shark teeth gnawing on the metal hit. She could tell that if she had done this with any other weapon, it would have snapped it right in half. But Skinfaxi was magic. A green glow came across the weapon where Beam was biting, preventing him from being able to break the axe. Dagr grinned.

"DAGR! JÖTUN! PRINCESS! WARRIOR!" Dagr yelled back in Beam's face. Sticking the sharp end of Skinfaxi into the ground, Dagr used her free arm to attempt to pummel Beam in the face and the snout!

Nótt

Troy's laser shuriken flew back to him, and Nótt watched as he used the weapon to block her attack. Troy threw the weapon again, but this time it appeared to miss. It flew right between the two teammates, kicking up dirt as it spun past them. A miss that bad? Nótt doubted it was accidental. He hadn't even been trying with that attack. Still, now Troy was without his glowing shuriken. Nótt fired another magical laser at Troy, before hearing the warning screech from her Jötun eagle. The shuriken, or should she say, Allison, was flying back towards her!

Although Nótt's body had been slowed, her mind had not. She quickly considered different responses. Stab Hrímfaxi into the central hole to stop the weapon? Her magic lance would likely withstand he shuriken's energy, but the laser shuriken could move on demand. It would just elevate itself off the lance, probably quick enough to make her lose an arm. It could also require her to let go of her lance, an opening she could not allow in this state.

Next idea. Full block, attempting to stop the shuriken here and now. Once again, not a good idea in her current state. She would go with idea number three.

Pushing through the pain, Nótt turned and swung her lance. She struck the shuriken, not a powerful enough attack to fully knock away the weapon. Just enough to raise it a little hire. Simultaneously, Nótt dropped to the ground. Her eagle jumped off her shoulders, and the shuriken passed between the two. Nótt just hoped Skull would be able to dodge the attack in time.

comic

NEPH

There it was. The "big" one, so to speak. "Serpent Night Dragon," Rex called it. An unorthodox form to Rex's usual stunts, and its element became abundantly clear: it was dark type at best, ghost type at worst. Its next move, as called out by Rex as "Nightmare Sonic Blast" (dumb name) was something she was both somewhat familiar with, but also something new. The attack seemed directed elsewhere as she hovered in the air. She was about to tap into Rex's mind for the answer, but realization struck her - and then the attack did.

It hit like Shadow Sneak, striking at her very shadow, which seemed to translate onto her, adding another dimension to the attack, though unlike Shadow Sneak---it wasn't physical. This was enough to completely half the incoming super effective damage due to the Calm Minds, making it hit like a normal attack.

Still, it wasn't comfortable, Neph recoiled for a moment, before she frowned. It didn't need to hit her, all it had to hit was her shadow. How could she deal with that...?

Either she eliminated specific shadows to attack... or eliminated her shadow itself. She glanced up at the simulated sun in the sky, casting a glow to in turn cast her shadow, before she lowered her hand and summoned Dazzling Gleam to strike both at Night Dragon, and at Rex himself. It cast a flash of light, briefly eliminating her shadow, which would have returned---if she hadn't summoned more light in her other palm, bright enough to counter the artificial sun above, completely eliminating her shadow below.

It would have to come for her. She would not allow any other transaction.

M.O.D.O.K.

HE WAS STILL ALIVE WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?

Another bead of sweat rolled down the Man-Mind's skull as he began to look over scrolling lines of data on his holographic screen. Why wasn't anything working? He could sense the brat was still alive, but how!? M.O.D.O.K. had thrown almost everything he had! He still had a few things left, but the big ones were mostly used up.

At least a few were nearly finished their cool-down.

But there was a beam of light surging forth. M.O.D.O.K. raised his left hand from his console, summoning his psychic barrier - and it was shattered. The beam of light was stopped, but the barrier was busted through, and it knocked the Mechanized Organism back through the air, wobbling on his thruster for a moment, flailing his limbs.

Then came the blasts of pressurized water, leaving cuts on the Man-Mind's face as he turned his body to let the Doomsday Chair take the hits.
"OW OW OW! STOP! THIS ISN'T FAIR! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!" He yelled. "I HAVE FOUGHT THOR! YOU ARE NO THOR! SO STOP SURVIVING!"

Like before, projections of M.O.D.O.K. began to appear, splitting from the original, all of them beginning to zoom through the air, the A.I.M. leader(s) snarled out at Pit, surrounding him as they blitzed about. The Man-Mind was using them as a scapegoat to give himself more time to recover, and to find more viable weaknesses to Pit. So far, just throwing more shit at him wasn't working.

There had to be some means of overcoming him...

All of the M.O.D.O.K.s fired their Ray Guns, held in the right hands. Due to these being projections instead of illusions, they could actually land attacks. While they wouldn't be nearly as powerful as the real thing, they'd still pack a punch, considering the real Ray Gun would obliterate the spot Pit stood, leaving a crater in its spot. And in conclusion, just because M.O.D.O.K. desired going as overkill as possible, they all fired their mind beams at once, red psychic energy arcing out to lock on to Pit from every direction, intending on shredding his mind apart from the inside out, the M.O.D.O.K.s all yelling in unison:

"TASTE THE FULL MIGHT OF SCIEEEEEEENCE!!!"