• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Brothers 6

Axe
The little hero could not help but smirk as his strike connected, though not as well as he had initially hoped. Then, however, he heard Magolor giggling, and before he could move out the way this time, a portal opened beneath... And nothing came out - On this side, anyway, for Axe quickly fell through with a gasp of surprise. He had little time to react once more as he saw beneath him as he fell was a large drill, which he knew he certainly would not survive. He disregarded anything else, and simply focused a glance to the Green Stone. In an instant, the green stone shined once more, and Axe was consumed by a burst of light right before he would have hit the drill (That he had assumed - Disregarding all your surroundings is not usually a good idea, as it transpires). Another, shorter, burst of light occured a good distance behind Grazie, and Axe appeared with a sigh of relief, having held his breath. Once again, he glanced to the green stone in his satchel...and watched as it turned a shade between Green and Black. He shook his head, and looked over the situation.
"That could've gone bad...I really need to think harder on this," He told himself, as he looked over his remaining equipment. He had to think on a plan, and although it was a little awkward, he decided it was best to let his ally handle the situation in front of her while he thought of something new. Maybe they needed to work together rather than apart...

Masaru Takahara
"What the-!?" Masaru was shocked as he felt his arm be controlled by a mystical force, telekinetic in nature, as the K.O. punch was redirected towards himself. He put his other hand to stopping it, but it was a struggle...until he had an idea.
Celestial Palm!
It certainly wasn't how it was intended in creation, but Masaru struck his palm (lighter than usual for the technique) into a pressure point on his shoulder. It stung like hell, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the technique would usually be. And while it would usually weaken the target's full body, he had not targeted some core pressure point luckily. Instead, his arm, though still hardy, struck his face with far less force, before Masaru quickly pulled his shoulder back into reality and out of the stinging pain. It still left a harsh bruise, which Masaru guessed was at least a little from Shaymin adding his own energy to the attack.
"Going to take more than that to get me..." He warned Shaymin. "I'm seeing this tourney through to the end!" He boasted, his intent to fight other martial artists clear as daylight. He launched forward straight at Shaymin, his arms outstretched as he seemed to lunge for a German Suplex...
But it was a feint!
Lookpanjama Kick!
The strongest of men, his momentum shifted in that moment, skidding his feet to a stop before he pushed off the ground into a spinning jump kick! Assuming this succeeded in bringing his foe upwards with him,
German Suplex!
His next technique would see him attempt to wrap his arms around Shaymin, and suplex the mythical pokémon the moment the pair touched the ground!

Of course, should that prior technique fail, his next move would be to slide back into a defensive position instead.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor
As Axe once again vanished before the attack could land, prompting an annoyed huff from Magolor. But with the kid a fair distance away, Magolor saw an opportunity. With a quick shift in magic, Magolor flipped into the portal. He appeared from the exit, but from the other side, taking to the skies while he focused his magic.
As the portal closed, Magolor sneakily summoned a rune below Grazie as she stomped. The rune would shift the sand below her, becoming something close to a quicksand whirlpool that would pull her down! Given her sand mastery, Magolor did not expect it to hold her for very long, but it would slow her enough for him to throw a few magic bombs over Grazie! And being magic bombs, their detonation would be difficult to evade.
"Hee Hee!" He laughed in response to Grazie's question, despite it not being directed towards him. "Winning, I would say!"

Lucario
After his loss, Lucario would be found cross legged in the plaza, seemingly meditating. He had to admit, losing to The Warlock was infuriating, but the pokemon had trained himself to avoid emotional outbursts...the same kind he had in his mega form.
Great, now he felt embarrassed. He hoped the little Mudkip wouldn't be too disappointed in him.
Something similar could be said for the other combatants who lost. Some seemed angry, other accepting, and the one blue thing was impossible to read. One of the more recent returns was a Gardevoir who definitely wasn't okay. Lucario could sense the anger and contempt she had for her opponents, including her own partner. Even as she held back from assaulting Weevil (well, mostly), Lucario felt the need to speak. He hardly moved an inch, instead connected his aura to Neph's own and transferring his thoughts.
"That must have been an interesting fight." Lucario said. "Is there really a need to be so..."
Lucario took a second to think of a less demeaning word.
"irate?"

Last edited:

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

M.O.D.O.K.

And...

Just like that...

M.O.D.O.K.s lips stuck out as he opened his mouth, staring wide-eyed over at the remnants of Minos.
"I... I DID IT???" He sounded perplexed, before he laughed loudly, spinning a second time in the air as he kicked his arms and legs in celebration. "OF COURSE I DID IT! I AM M.O.D.O.K.! I AM THE SUPERIOR! IT IS LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING, MY GENIUS IS UNPARALLELED! I WAS NOT EVEN WORRIED ONCE IN THE ENTIRE FIGHT!"

His shouts were seemingly to nobody, before he pointed a finger at the nearly dead Jeice. "YOU THERE, JANE. YOU WOULD NOT HAVE EXPERIENCED OUR SHARED VICTORY HAD I NOT CARRIED THIS MATCH SO HARD! BE BETTER. TRUST IN SCIENCE!"

It was here that the world began to dissipate, and suddenly, the Man-Mind found himself back in the lobby - the others present as well. Pit, Minos, and Jeice, all restored.

A bit disappointing, but the Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing would perform his function again should these fools try to step up again.

Nephthys

The Lucario approached her, speaking to her. Not every day she conversed with another Pokémon in a way that didn't require some degree of linguistic understanding to bypass the culturally diverse Pokémon language. Rather, he spoke as she might, via telepathy, the superior form of communication.

Neph hadn't had much experience with this species, her time in Sinnoh had not been very long, but she knew enough to understand that the Lucario was something of an empath, though of a different caliber. The "Aura Pokémon."

With that in mind, its words weren't very surprising to her, if not a bit irritating.

"Irate."

She could hardly keep herself from rolling her scarlet eyes.

< A fight like that is rigged from the start, > she replied mentally. < More complex than taking on two entire teams with dead weight for a partner: I should have ripped their arms off when the fight began. See them use their inadequate tricks and inept brains then. >

Her psychic tone was laced with venom befitting a poison type's sting, though it seemed almost forced, as though she were trying to convince herself of this just as much as she was trying to convince the Lucario.

She was, in a word, "salty."

Master Chief

The spartan wasn't about to engage in discourse with the nightmaren - there was no point in it. Kalmiya might have enjoyed the thrill of a debate with somebody who actually engaged in it (unlike the Chief), but John's expertise and interest lay elsewhere. After Reala had divulged the details of his "Master Wizeman," (Kalmiya logging the information on Chief's systems in a folder she'd labelled "bad guys we'll probably have to fight one day") the spartan watched as another match concluded. Many were beginning to wrap up.

It was fortunate, having this spot in Master Hand's arena. To be allowed to observe these battles. It provided a lot of valuable data to collect, methods of combat, situational responses, things that the Chief wouldn't find in his own universe. Things that could help him in future endeavors.

"Yup," Kalmiya nodded in an exaggerated manner as she folded her arms over her chest. "Definitely villains. Not every day you see one of those make it to champion status."

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Mudkip
Mudkip clamped down on a sword. Though Dart followed through on this swing, the Pokémon's big head boasted similarly large muscles, and his jaw was locked. His maxillary teeth became hot from the sword's enchantment flaring to life, and the sword carried the amphibian with it. Mudkip let go at the end of the follow-through, once again soaring through the air and closer to the back of the chasm.

Kragg
The Wallrunner hurled Cayman away, but Kragg soon found that an invisible force drew him after the man. It was surprising to be certain, but not impossible to work with. He adjusted midair to a more comfortable position midair, and sped towards Cayman faster than he sped away. The beetle made contact with the Adept the same time the Adept made contact with the rock pillar, and Kragg plowed through using the duelist's body. Both fighters tumbled to the ground in a shower of gravel, the Wallrunner getting back to his feet in less than a second. The force still tugged on his body, but it was weaker now that he was closer. The stump from the former pillar slid over to the Earth's Bastion, who ripped it from the earth and charged forward to smash it onto his foe. He'd follow up by hailing punches upon the manliest man.

Beam
The Shark Devilman got a chunk out of the eagle's wing, undoubtedly crippling it from flight. In revenge, the thing blasted beams from its eyes, which didn't do much damage at all, but threw Beam off his predetermined arc and allowed Dagr to create a gash across his chest before he sank into the ground again. The bird blood provided a decent amount of healing, but a lot of his own blood had been spilt over the last thirty seconds. Another close call could do him in, and that's why he needed to bring out the big guns. He needed to bring out the Shark Devil.

"GRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

Curled around a concrete support of the overpass, clinging onto the side with four sinewy spider-legs was a monstrosity larger than an SUV. Its head was the same as Beam had been transforming it into, three lazy eyes wobbling around in its skull for a moment before all locking onto Dagr simultaneously. The Shark Devil bound off the pillar towards the princess, hitting the ground with a strong gallop. The shark from literal Hell sped towards the jotun, gnashing its deadly jaws. The warrior princess was powerful and pumped full of adrenaline, but could she continue to stand against a devil as she was losing blood by the second?

Cultists
Skull challenged Troy's Vortex Kick, and won. The ball erupted, but in doing so, protected the cult leader by applying a lot of force to the leg before Mjolnir could catch up. Troy spun speedily from the aforementioned knockback, and dropped to the ground. He conserved his momentum to swing his heel into the side of Ryuji's knee. This wasn't the end of it though, because he rose up with a snappy punch, followed by another and another and another.

---

Allison's foot got stuck in the feathers of that dumb bird, leaving her a sitting duck. However, she could change her form at will, and that made her a lot slipperier than her opponent expected. Her entire lower body receded, changing into part of her sword form, and she fell from the eagle's trap. On her way down, Nótt thrust her lance at the madwoman, who accepted the challenge. As she dropped she did a bit of a backflip, and as the lance came she indirectly met it with her bladed lower half, and sparks flew as they glanced off one another. Then, she changed into a full human again, grabbed the lance, and with her free hand conjured two knives. One she flung at Nótt's throat, and then the other was stabbed downwards at the jotun's arm! Allison aimed to wedge the blade directly between the radius and the ulna bones for maximum pain and debilitation.

Jevil
Kassandra teleported again. He would be a hypocrite if he cared, yet she was dodging an awful lot. Now she called upon waves of energy to keep Jevil away, and although he could beat them, the rude sentiment was there. If she wanted to play keep-away he'd let her- and deal with her shortly.

Instead, he turned to Altar Knight, smacking an arrow out of the air. His grin grew as she charged an arrow, though it did not hit its mark. He didn't teleport, but he zipped behind Altar Knight in the blink of an eye. All of the arrows still stuck in his body were sucked in. He took a deep breath, and then stuck his thumb in his mouth and exhaled. His eyes bulged, and the air inside instead exited through the puncture-holes in his body, alongside a little extra. Arrows, now bleached white, and with four different types of heads. The spade arrows were normal, the club arrows, which were oddly just as sharp as the others, burst from his wounds in spreadshots of three at a time, the heart arrows twirled through the air in quick loops, and the diamond arrows went nowhere, dropping into the ground. Soon after, a flashing exclamation mark beeped under Kass's feet, followed a second later by a dense column of the aforementioned diamond-tipped arrows shooting up at her. Arrows continued to pour out of Jevil for several seconds, notably exceeding the amount of arrows he took in.

Regular Shopkeeper
"So who are you?" Weevil inquired the Regular Shopkeeper. "One of Master Hand's officials?"

His head turned to look at the bug duelist.

"What? No, I'm only officially a businessman! I'm here for money. Me and Massive Hand arranged a deal. Pretty good deal too, if I do say so myself," he chuckled. "It's good for the both of us, since the last time one of these tournaments rigid hierarchy he ruled with an iron fist, I heard it went pret-ty bad."

As he finished with his spiel, Rex butt in, demanding the strongest item in his inventory. The shopkeeper winked, "I'll see if I can't hold something for you." Though the Shopkeeper had no intention to actually give Rex any special treatment, the man knew how to handle any type of customer seamlessly with words alone.

Dagr

Beam retreated into the ground, and Dagr stood her ground. She really hoped Beam wouldn't just try to wait her out as she bled. He didn't seem the type, and that would be pretty lame. What was also lame was the fact he never responded to any of her questions. Then again, he was busy being smacked around by her ax. Tough guy, but that self-healing he had was no joke either. It reminded Dagr of fighting a Fafnir, except the Fafnir also had a cleric constantly healing them that she wasn't allowed to target. Speaking of a cleric, she was probably going to need one soon...

Shaking her head, Dagr began to run again. Beam seemed to be able to get her if she was running or not, but at least while she was running she was in movement.

"GRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!"

An unearthly roar rang out through the arena. Beam had changed once again. Dagr froze, staring up at the massive creature in shock. All six of it's eyes trained on her. Dagr took a step back. Was she frightened? Frozen in fear?

"YES!" Dagr yelled. She held up her ax, a massive grin on her face. "That's what I'm talking about!!! No more of these half-transformations! This is going to be GLORIOUS!!!"

Beam leapt off the concrete structure, and Dagr turned tail. The Jotun sprinted away from the shark demon, but the massive creature was close on her tail. With even step, the massive creature gained on the princess. It lunged forward, it's massive jaw ready to crunch down on the Jotun. But just as it did so, a suddenly blast of air swirled around Dagr. Beam's jaws snapped shut on nothing but air. The Princess launched herself forwards, flying through the air in a green and red blur as if competing in the world's longest long jump.

Dagr slid to a stop behind Rinku, reaching out and attempting to pull down the demon boy's hat over his eyes. In the same motion, she tried to Rinku in a playful, but strict one-armed headlock.
"Hey, Ice Rink! Cool toys!" Dagr said. Her eyes widened in mock-surprise, and Dagr pointed towards the massive shark demon charging towards them with her ax. "Whoa, what's that over there?! Hey, wanna see what's inside?!"

Nótt

Say what you will about her taste in men and fanaticism, her opponent was quiet agile. Allison managed to squirm her way out of Moon-Wing's blade binding and dodge her attack. And now, Allison was the one on the offensive. Moon-Wing moved their wing back slightly, knocking the first dagger out of the air before it could sink into Nótt's throat. But the second dagger, the eagle was unable to block.

CLANG!

Perhaps it was luck. Perhaps the madwoman hadn't noticed it, or her rage had blinded her. But Nótt wore metal gauntlets.

Allison's stab glanced off Nótt's gauntlet, and although Nótt was under the effect of Troy's curse, she could not let this mistake go unpunished. The Jotun Princess stepped forward, aiming a powerful punch with her free hand at Allison's head!

Jeice

Jeice tried his best to block and avoid Minos' flurry of attacks, but to no avail. He began to fall, but the soul would not even allow that. On the edge of consciousness, Jeice could do nothing but groggily look up to the soul. This was it. The final attack. Jeice braced himself, but the attack never came. The soul was hesitating.

Then a blast struck the soul. Jeice fell to the ground, trying to regain his breath and energy.
"Hreghelbleh." Jeice managed to mutter out in response to M.O.D.O.K.'s incessant boasting.

And then, they were back in the plaza. The pain and exhaustion were gone. In fact, Jeice felt just as he had before the fight! M.O.D.O.K., Minos, and the angel kid were all nearby as well, and they appeared the same.
"Whoa." Jeice said, looking himself over. Not a scratch or piece of dirt on him. His hair was perfectly clean as well. "Now, ain't that something."

The Ginyu Force member looked over to Minos and Pit, grinning.
"Hah! Piece of cake. Looks like we'll be the ones moving on in the tournament." Jeice bragged to Pit and Minos.

Weevil Underwood

This wasn't a first tournament? And it had ended badly? Most strange. But Weevil didn't exactly care about such things. The insect duelist rolled his eyes as Rex demanded something strong.
"Yeah, right. Even with a new toy, I'll crush you as easy as I crush a little bug." Weevil said to Raptor. He looked back up to the Regular Shopkeeper.
"Excuse me, sir. I don't suppose you have a way to watch the other matches that are happening now, do you?" Weevil asked the man.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Taskmaster
The sword flew into the rockfall and out of view. A wretched stink permeated the air as Slash took a shower in sewage, and was actually able to jerk his shield out of the putty's hold with some effort. However, the putty covering his body had a much better grasp; it had created a watertight seal. What's more, in reaction to the liquid, the gunk's surface hardened into a more rubber-like material, sacrificing its outside stickiness for resistance to the shitwater.

Anthony Masters was about to make a smart remark when the shadows darkened around him. Some sort of magic, no doubt, but he couldn't see anything in front of him, so his eyes slid to look over his shoulder. It was predictable, really, of course an unseen opponent would attack him from behind. However the shadow was quick, and Taskmaster's shield came up as he was unable to dodge in time. The attack was strong, and knocked him into the wall, but he landed on his feet.

The assassin calculated his options. The landslide had separated him from Masaru and Shaymin, so he couldn't capitalize on Slash's absence to gang up on the grass-type as easily. Instead he flung a bomb at the edge of the mouth of the hole in the ceiling the Royal Sword had retreated into, and swapped his weapons for his sniper rifle, which he'd shoot at the sword with pinpoint accuracy the moment it made itself visible.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Rex Raptor

Upon hearing the store owner's response, Rex puffed out his chest a bit, elbowing the green haired bug boy next to him.

"Hear that Weevil? he knows how to treat the best!"

"Yeah, right. Even with a new toy, I'll crush you as easy as I crush a little bug." Weevil said to Raptor.

Ha! Was that a hint of nervousness? He knows I won't be a pushover! If he preformed just as badly as he did last match, then I should have this in the bag, no sweat!

Crossing his arms and grinning as he looked to the roster, it seemed some matches grew close to ending, names getting blotted out and matches came down to 3 individuals. Keeping track of names that could be strong, he noticed one particular match had been rather one sided. Alter Knight and Kassandra. They were winning, evidentially for a long time. Either their foes were chumps or they were brawny. He'd have to see.

Another match he spotted, Minos and Pit vs MODOK and Jeice. ...MODOK? Isn't that the one peanut headed looking nerd with the floating latrine? Looks like it was coming down to the wire. Tch, what could be taking so long? Should have been cut and dry!

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Noah watched the blasts of energy, like cutting wind fly through the air right towards Chai. Much to Noah's surprise, Chai didn't move an inch, not dodging or running in the other direction. Instead he just stood there, as Noah's attacks flew in close, ready to hit their target. This should have been great, one of Noah's strongest attacks hitting Chai dead on. This should be a sure fire win for him. But instead of any sort of celebratory feeling, Noah instead felt a deep pit of dread welling up inside of him.

In the short time he had with Chai, Noah could tell the young musician wasn't one to simply quit and accept defeat. He must have something else planned, some kind of counter that Noah hadn't-

BAM!

Noah's fears were made true, as Chai simply parried away the first hit. Noah was shocked at the sight, his attention focused on the guitar as it seemed to glow with the energy of the attack that it parried. Chai did this not once, but twice, and a third time, and the final fourth hit was absorbed into Chai's guitar, a bright blue aura surrounding it.

Noah immediately sprinted forward, knowing he couldn't waste anytime. Lucky Seven could only be out of its sheath for so long, so he had no time to hesitate. His eyes focused on Chai, Noah could see Chai preparing to release all the energy that got stored.

Noah slid to a stop, quickly shooting out his gauntleted hand in front of him. Chai's attack, a wave of pure musical energy made up of Noah's own attacks, shot towards him. Noah stayed firm in his place, knowing his gauntlet could block a good portion of the attack. The wave of energy made contact with Noah's hand, a blue shield glowing around the gauntlet as it kept the attack at bay. He grit his teeth, the energy pushing him back a bit, putting pressure on his already injured leg.

The wave of energy seemed to finally dissipate, the last remaining bits of energy slipping off the side and hitting Noah's sides. He was looking tired, the injury and blocking that attack clearly taking a bit of energy.

"Only a few seconds left...." He muttered out, quickly dashing back towards Chai once again. "Got one more shot at this." Noah stared down his foe, quickly closing the distance. Once he was close enough, Noah flipped the blade of the Lucky Seven around, choosing to aim at Chai with the sharp end of the sword instead of the blunt.

"I should of been going for the source this whole time!" With a shout, Noah swung his blade at an upwards angle below Chai, aiming nor for his chest, but rather to cut off Chai's robotic arm clean off his body.

Inkling “Blue”
Whoosh, splat! Slice, splat!

Both of Blue’s sub-weapons were dealt with in a quick fashion by Rinku’s yo-yo weapons, as he pulled out…4 more?! Inkling’s facial expression dropped and he felt his heart skip a beat, and not in the good way like when he ran into that Octoling in Inkopolis Square. For the first time in a long time, the squid kid felt…disheartened. This enemy was crazy strong and had been holding back this whole time? Yeesh.

”Ugh, no!” Blue shook his head and his facial expression hardened slightly. “Alright man, I don’t know what your deal is, but Dagr and I are totally taking you down!” He said, throwing a Burst Bomb down onto the ground right as the yo-yos converged on his location, covering them in some ink and knocking them back slightly. That opening was all the squiddo needed! The strings on the yo-you were covered in ink as well, which gave Blue an idea. Turning into squid form, the inkling jumped into one of the inked strings and sunk into it, traveling along it at high speeds!

Quickly getting close to Rinku, the squid kid popped out of the ink and aimed his Blaster, firing three shots: one directly at Rinku’s center, one right below his feet to damage him and knock him up, and one above him, in that order. However, Blue didn’t stick around in case this didn’t work. Turning back into squid form midair, Blue surged downwards at a diagonal angle, landing close to Dagr as she was dealing with whatever she was dealing with. He started to say hi, but then noticed the shark demon approaching them!

”Hey, hey, Dagr! INCOMING SHARK!” The squiddo pointed at Beam frantically, evidently nervous.

Rinku

Covering with ink to escape, the squid kid dived into the strings, a clever plot to get a more advantageous position. Or so they thought. What they didn't know what the strings of the Yo-Yos were channeling Rinku's Ki: his life force. So when the Inkborne kid dived in, a pink sheen instantly projected out from the string, brightly covering the spot. The Inkling was forced to revert back to human form, their body completely paralyzed!

"Ohoho, a clever little guy you are!" Rinku grinned. "But don't think running right into my Ki is gonna get you anywhere!"

Four Yo-Yos wrapped around Inkling. Two per appendage, keeping the Ki pumping through them. Inkling's body, while not suffering a lot of damage from it, continued to be shocked and paralyzed. Raising a single hand, Rinku poked his cheek with his free hand.

"Now that I got you right where I want you...what should I do to you?"

That's when something rushed behind him, pulling his hat over his eyes. Tch! Blind! Something behind him...he couldn't let that be. Ducking quickly, he dodged just enough for his hat to be snagged by Dagr, to kept it in an airtight headlock. Seemed like a sturdy grip...she might have actually been able to hold him for a bit. The hatless Rinku gave her a smirk, almost out of respect.

"Ha! Not bad. That was a good trick, but I have a better trick up my sleeve! Why don't you watch!"

Rinku then took off flying up diagonally towards the concrete highway suspended above them. The crowd could see him clear as day, keeping Inkling on a tight leash as he got to the street. As cars sped down on the road at 90mph, he swerved Blue right into the path of an oncoming eighteen-wheeler! Suspended. Unable to move. Only to watch as they were to become roadkill!

"Say hey to the Demon king for me!"

Chai

The music blasted through the stage as the music began to come down to its final section. The vocals had ended and the last beats were on the record. Fitting for this, Noah tried one last effort to take Chai down. A direct attack? Seemed kinda desperate but, hey, it's his final stand! Readying himself to deflect the attack and finish him off, he was quickly surprised with the sudden angle down Noah took. When the boy swept in, Chai had to pick a direction to deflect the attack in. He chose poorly.

He had no idea Noah was aiming for the robot arm, so as Noah came into slice it off, Chai Wedged the blade in between the two bridged ends of his guitar, forcing it quicker down it's path and-

SLICE!

His arm was cut clean in two! While the force of the arm, still gripping the guitar flew out, it was much heavier than the blade with more force on it, no doubt yanking it right out of Noah's grip! Chai, shocked by this development, only took a quick glance before the adrenaline boiled up inside of him, reeling his head back-

"This is for my favorite arm!"

BONK!

Chai would headbutt with all his might, right as the song ended right at Noah. His hard head going to slam into Noah's skull. The force should render Noah unconscious, the spontaneous move coincidentally taking advantage of following up the shock of the force the blade would fly out of his hands.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Cayman
Much like his opponent, Cayman was back on his feet in an instant. While the pain from the impact was certainly felt, it only got the man's muscles burning hotter, fueling his drive to fight on. His smile grew wider as sweat trickled down his forehead, slamming a foot as the stump that remained from the pillar approached, causing it to explode in a bunch of small pieces.

Cayman burst from the resulting smoke, throwing a storm of punches that were met with Kragg's own, each fighter's fists appearing as a blur as they clashed over and over and over again, small shockwaves going off with each impact. Their brawn was just about equally matched, something the Adept enjoyed very much. It wasn't often that he got to Duel someone boasting just as much strength as he did.

"Incredible! This conversation between our muscles... It's making me burn up!"

After a moment of additional clashing, the Duelist took a step aside, moving to deflect Kragg's next attack with a quick swipe of one of his large arms, following the motion by performing a quick yet powerful haymaker, free fist heading directly towards the beetle's face. In fact, it carried so much power that his body was engulfed in flames, granting him a burst of speed that could add up to some serious damage!

Pit
"Geez, no need to rub it in," the angel responded to Jeice, additionally trying to ignore whatever M.O.D.O.K. would be sure to ramble about in a second.

"Good thing you're alright, Pit. That match was seriously difficult."

"Yeah, no kidding. That guy had a whole army's worth of weaponry in that chair. Talk about OP..."

"If it makes you feel any better, it looks like you won't be fighting him next round."

Pit's eyes were quick to move over to the updated screen, showing off the current winners and losers. His next opponent was none other than Minos, who had proven to be a pretty strong guy. Still menacing in his opinion, but it would surely be an upgrade from his bout with M.O.D.O.K.

"Hey, Lady Palutena, you think Lord Dyntos could make me a chair like science guy over there?"

"I'm sure he could. Could even throw an ice cream machine in there."
"Now THAT would be awesome!"

Grazie
"Winnin'? Please!"

The rune below Grazie served to slow her attack against Miracle down, additionally keeping her in place long enough for Magolor to drop a few bombs from above. The Adept raised an arm in response, another sand twister forming around her, acting to drag the bombs in and detonate them in the center, dampening their effect significantly. There was a chance even Magolor himself could be pulled in, threatening to hit him with his own medicine should he be caught in the blast.

Unfortunately for Axe, the twister's pull would also have an effect on him. Should he be dragged within, Grazie would dissipate the tornado to send him flying upwards (mostly) unharmed, giving the boy a chance to catch up to the aerial Magolor in the best case scenario.​

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Shaymin
Strike! ..Well, sort of. Though the Psychic managed to let him do as planned, the fighter managed to negate some of the damage with his other palm. Such a simple thing, yet Shaymin had not seen it coming. Given his ally's previous call for help, Shaymin figured he may need to wrap this up quick to help his ally, when something caught his attention. The whiff of something vile flew right into his nostrils, a scent all too familiar to the Gratitude Pokémon.

Pollution.

It's time. Shaymin's Gracidea Flower begun glowing with a light-pink energy as it absorbed the wafts of the sewage rising into the air, quickly turning black as if getting corrupted and polluted itself. As he was charging however, his opponent struck back, Shaymin having kept an eye on them. The Grass-Type simply stood by as he gathered energy, not reacting to the feint and letting the kick take him into the air, trying to hide his pain from the damage he took as best he could, trying to remain focused on his plan.

Then, an attempt at a grab was made. The perfect opportunity. Quickly, Shaymin turned back into his land forme to try to slip through Masaru's grasp and, assuming this would work, had then planned to kick himself off of his foe's arms and dig himself into his opponent's clothing, his leaves and flower glowing all the while this was happening. And when he could go to a place where his foe couldn't reach him so easily? A shockwave of pure, green energy would be unleashed in the form of Seed Flare, boosted by both his typing and Grassy Terrain to unleash massive damage to the close combat fighter!

Mr. Miracle
The tendril did not quite work as he had hoped it would, the sand-casting lady catching on quickly and dissipating the drill too early, instead opting to summon those obnoxiously large sand pillars again. Before he was sent up, up and away, he could witness his ally trap his opponent in her own technique and try to blow her up with those apples he was trying to sell before. What a weirdo. Terry absolutely loved it.

Flying through the air, the magical mister put a miracle-shaped hole in a cloud as he passed through it, just casually sitting in the air and drinking from a tea cup while his flight slowly came to a halt and he started falling back down, causing him to retract his comical equipment back into his coat. Hm.. what little sand remained in his sleeves formed into a light bulb over his head with a flick of his pinky as he got an idea. There was sand all around them that nobody was paying attention to, right? Why not make use of it?

Hanging up high in the air out of sight for everyone, Terry had an amazing idea. Out of his coat, he begun pulling a large, rolled up black cloth from thin air, which just went on and on until it finally had been pulled out completely. And with his fingers, he quickly unrolled the giant thing, revealing it to be a large piece of cloth typically used to hide away larger machines used by magicians, such as large, complex 'prisons' that his kind of people would enter and, despite all odds, escape within mere minutes, completely unharmed.

Spreading out his arms and fingers to stretch the cloth out as far and wide as possible, he start teleporting sand in from below to ontop of the cloth. This quickly would become too much for him to hold, were it not for him using one simple little trick. He had used his magic essence to create one big construct using what little sand he had teleported in, keeping the weight limit managable seeing how energy did not have any weight attached to it, nevermind the magic he cast out.

Then, by wrapping the cloth around the giant magical construct once more, all the sand was cast away and the cloth was pulled back into his coat, like a snake entering its burrow, revealing just what he has made to drop below, held on with his magic wand - a giant anvil made of magical energy! And with a final flick of his magic wand, he sent the whole thing barreling toward the ground where he had last remembered Grazie being with all the force he could muster, like one giant, super-duper-mega-ultra magic missile, but in the shape of a comically large anvil!

Minos
As he re-appeared in the plaza, the former King was worldless. Silent. He could not bare to believe that he could have even had taken up such an offer in the first place. His whole goal was to build a city of peace and prosperity where the last few remaining shreds of man could live out the rest of their lives, what little they had left. He was a beloved king, never known to be violent. Even in the face of certain doom against Gabriel, he still had hopes for negotiation. So why had he let go of these principles that he had once built his life upon..?

His arms lowered to his sides, his gaze glanced toward the ground. Was this all even worth it? Would a second chance bring any difference, or a revival of his sanctuary allow it to remain standing? No. He didn't even know whatever reward was for this bloodbath of a barbaric competition. Nothing would ever be worth to shatter the ideals of the man he used to be. This was it. He would take part no more.

" Sacred one.. "

His hollow cranium looked over to Pit, his figure now walking up, the taunts of his former opponents falling on deaf ears. Were his face not a void, then the angel would see the look not of a defeated man, or of an angered man.. but of a broken one. One who had betrayed himself.. and had just now realised it.

" I shall not be fighting thee.. not now, not ever. This.. tourney.. I can participate it no longer. "

comic

DART

He doesn't seem very strong... so maybe it's his resilience that brought him here!

Dart thought as he flung the Mudkip away, but just as he had before, he was back on the amphibian before it could breath (and before it could even land) already letting out his flurry of blows to bring it down.

A quick recap in his mind, Dart thought of what the small creature had been capable of so far.

Its weird growl that seemed to hint at something, perhaps to intimidate? Then its stream of water it fired. Followed by that was it flinging mud, and also the strong headbutt. Did it have anything else to offer? Dart almost felt bad, as he'd been just flinging it around the whole time, but it had initiated their fight. He'd given it a chance to back down (multiple, really). He wasn't about to go easy on anyone!

Mid-blow, Dart suddenly brought up his knee, aiming to slug it right into the Mudkip's forehead, turning his body as he did so in order to fully extend his already raised leg into a follow-up kick to send the Mudkip flying.

M.O.D.O.K.

The Man-Mind, who hovered beside Jeice as he bragged their victory to Pit and Minos chuckled at Pit's response, and Minos' admittance, before he turned his body toward Jeice. "HOW PREDICTABLE. ONE SIMPLE DEFEAT AND THEY COWER. THE CHAFF WILL ALWAYS BE CULLED FROM THE WHEAT. I WOULD KNOW, BECAUSE I AM A GENIUS!"

With a few more laughs, M.O.D.O.K.s eyes swiveled toward the bracket, before they widened in anticipation.
"AH, I SEE! WE WILL FINALLY GET OUR DESIRED CONFLICT! I WILL ENJOY CRUSHING YOU TO A PULP, JAMIE."

AEGISLASH

The putty began to harden, which worked for the Royal Sword. He could sense his attack had met its target. How fortuitous. Alas, being trapped in this self-imposed prison of rock could only benefit him so much. Yet there was the chance of opportunity, when Taskmaster used an explosive to clear away some of the rubble, the heat affecting the putty as well.

In the dirt, smoke, and debris, Aegislash dislodged himself, feeling the weight of his shield back on his arm. He would not allow it to fall out of his control like that again. Under cover of debris for the moment, Slash took the opportunity to dislodge himself, simultaneously using Metal Sound. A great, grating sound permeated the combat zone, like the screech of metal scraping against metal, supernaturally aiming to weaken Taskmaster's Special Attack stat. While the soundwave that boosted from the debris was somewhat avoidable, it was also broad, covering practically the entirety of the tunnel's width and height. Had they more space it would have been simpler, but the environment was in favor of Metal Sound more than not.

Simultaneously, Aegislash emerged from the smoke, only to immediately be struck. He could feel the high-impact round pound into his blade, near the hilt, and winced. Even despite being resistant to that type of attack (steel) it still left a surprising sting. High critical hit ratio, perhaps? Nevertheless, the Royal Sword faded from the spot, the putty not hindering this.

In an effort trick Taskmaster, the master of tricks, Aegislash appeared once more directly in front of Tony Masters (though in the air a fair ways), rather than behind. He had caught on to the adaptability, so being less predictable might be an effective method. Using this sudden attempt at a trick, Aegislash (now in Shield Forme) would propel himself forward to the assassin, using Aerial Ace to capitalize on its great speed, pinpoint accuracy, and Taskmaster's close proximity, using the shield like a battering ram to slam Taskmaster into the nearby wall to great effect.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor
"Whoa!" Magolor said as Grazie attempted to pull him into her tornado. He managed to hold firm, but the pull of the sand tornado was dragging him closer to the vortex little by little. Where was his ally?
A quick glance up revealed the answer. This guy...he was a weirdo, but Magolor liked his methods.
"I know I'm cute," Magolor teased. "But a guy like me needs his space. Here's a gift instead!"
The assault of bombs halted, instead forming into balls of magic, igniting with the sizzle element. As the mage was pulled ever so closer, he maneuvered a ring of fireballs around Grazie's tornado, swirling around with the vortex but staying away from the center. As soon as Miracle's sand anvil slammed on the floor, the spheres would explode, sending a hail of fireballs down over Grazie and Axe, assuming the latter wasn't launched into the main explosion!
Magolor himself would surge away, using the winds around him to put out any of his flames that got too close.

Ryuji
"Had enough?"
Evidently, Troy did not.
The cultist recovered from being launched back, going for more attacks. Ryuji and William worked in tandem, With William slamming his arm down to counter Troy's kick, while Ryuji brought up his arm, defending against Troy's punch. Troy was relentless, however, and continued the assault, releasing even more fast punches until slipped past Ryuji's defenses and struck Ryuji's chest. Ryuji grunted, but gripped the offending arm as it landed. As he did, William would blast Ziodyne over Troy, which would not only deal damage, but inflict him with shock!

Alter Knight
Alter Knight response was a casual shrug.
"Well, it certainly couldn't be that difficult." she said.
Right on schedule, Jevil vanished, reappearing behind Alter Knight. Though that was a predictable move, enough that Alter Knight already turn and leapt back, his following actions weren't. He absorbed her arrows, and ejected his own out of his body, in a much higher number! Alter Knight worked quick, splitting her bow in half, which reformed into a sword and shield once more. Alter Knight buckled down, exuding a blue wall from her shield that defended her from arrows. It would be difficult to approach Jevil now, so Alter charged Libera.
As Jevil continued to eject his projectiles, lightning clouds would suddenly appear in the skies above him. As if the gods themselves had something against Jevil, powerful lightning would strike over him!

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Noah's blade struck true, slicing through both Chai's makeshift guitar and his arm. The force of the hit caused Noah's Lucky Seven blade to fly out of his hands. It was fine though, all Noah would have to do is summon one of the other weapons he had for a quick finish to knock Chai down. Turning his body, He prepared to summon the Zephyr rings and-

BAM

Stars. Thats all he could see after Chai's head suddenly collided with his own. The final, hard smack from the musician's noggin was the final nail in the coffin. Already tired from his previous injury and blocking the attack, it finally all caught up to Noah and he finally collapsed on the spot, darkness clouding his vision. Unconscious, Noah had finally went down. The Kevesi solider had last the fight.

Jeice

The red alien rolled his eyes.
"Right, mate. I'm shaking in my space leather boots." Jeice said sarcastically. "You keep sayin' yer so great, but so far all I've seen has been a swollen head who couldn't even beat a little kid with wings, and despite talkin' about how smart he is, can't even get my name right. A right bleedin' idiot, that's what you are."

Jeice waved his hand at M.O.D.O.K., tossing his long white hair over his shoulder.
"Enjoy yer time in the tournament while it lasts, Mo-Dork. Ya don't have much time left. Taking you down will be easily as glarking a drokfib." Jeice said. The warrior chuckled darkly.

Chai

And just like that, Noah was down and the song finished at the same moment his head bonked with his foe. With his foe defeated, Chai only had one thing to say.

"...Ooooooow..."

Chai fell flat on his butt, putting a single hand to his head. His groans and cries were muffled by his hand as he rolled around on the ground, kicking his legs in and out trying to soften the pain.

"It always looks so cool when they do that in the movies..."

"I think you got a little more to worry about than a hurt skull and a damaged ego right now, Chai." Pepperiment interjected, the droid floating up in front of him.

808 gestured with their robotic eyes toward Chai's now severed robot arm. Chai peeked an eye out between his fingers, peeking slowly towards the arm damage. A spurt of sparks came from it as Chai instantly got bummed out.

"Aww, come on. I REALLY liked that arm." Chai whined.

"Huh. A clean cut." Pepperiment stated, the drone shifting to its cat state. Standing on two legs and putting a paw to their chin, they analyzed the damage. "That Noah guy really knew what he was doing."

"Now is not the time to be complementing the enemy, Pepperiment."

"Relax Chai, if you were paying attention earlier, our gracious host stated that all wounds and equipment will be restored after a match. I would genuinely be surprised if your arm doesn't fall under either of those categories. Still, best not leave it here just in case."

Begrudgingly, Chai got up, walking slowly towards the limp Arm on the ground, still holding the guitar of his. Upon lifting up the arm by the severed elbow, the guitar unmagnetized, the scrap falling off of it and scattering across the floor, leaving it as just a trash grabbing stick. Not cool.

"Aye...hopefully that dude that looks he he could benchpress nine of me is almost done. It's getting a little freaky without being able to move my other arms. Cant shred on guitar with a stump..."

Putting his arm over his shoulder, he began to hike over to the other battle, which seemed like was a little ways away. Huh. They really must have gone a distance while they were duking it out.

Axe
"Whoa, wai-" As Axe was attempting to plan out in his mind, a bunch of stuff happened, including Grazie launching him upwards with a twister towards Magolor, though he had to assume this was accidental as he yelped before he saw what Mr Miracle and Magolor were doing. He couldn't easily move in the air, at least not without using the Power of Darkness, so he wasn't going to be able to move to try and block Mr Miracle's weird anvil thing so he had to focus on Magolor once more. Just as the anvil headed to the ground, he managed to turn in the air, slightly below Magolor's flaring spheres of magic, holding his shield to block before taking out one of his last firecrackers (Leaving exactly one left in his satchel). The explosion of the spheres sent him rocketing downwards, shifting his momentum instantly with a jolt of pain but his shield otherwise helped him. As he was falling downwards he quickly lit the firecracker and dropped it beneath him, turning his shield once more before the firecracker exploded, launching him upwards again past Magolor's hail of fireballs and up far past the alien's height!

"Gotcha!" He told his foe as he attempted to grab onto the alien in mid-air as he was falling and his foe was moving away, aiming to hold on to stay up and strike Magolor in the face with the sharp end of his shield!

Masaru Takahara
"Wuh...?" Masaru was a little confused as Shaymin began to act, surprised the creature was able to act so quickly. Before Seed Flare was launched, right up on the martial artist. As the green energy unleashed, Masaru was launched downwards and to the side slightly with a loud yelp of shock from the powerful attack. He shot into the ground, skidding along it as he struggled to not fall on his face, eventually colliding with a wall with enough force to dent his body into it.
Surprisingly, though limping, he seemed to start to get up!

"Well...got me there, not bad..." He scowled out, before then falling onto the ground, not quite unconscious but very close to such a state. At the very least, he could be heard groaning if one listened well enough. Still, he wasn't getting up anytime soon.

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Taskmaster
The assassin heard a screeching sound, like steel raking against steel. It was loud, and while it wasn't enough to damage his hearing, the noise was clearly meant to incite unease in a lesser man. Taskmaster got his shot off regardless, prompting Slash to close the distance. Masters was already in the process of putting away his gun with one arm while the other conjured his trusty shield. Not a second later the two collided, with the hitman throwing his weight at Slash just as the sword threw its weight as him. However, a dead-on collision was unfavorable. Tasky instead forced himself shield-first to impact a point shifted to the side- away from the putty. The result would be the man and blade glancing off one another and throwing each into a spin. The skull-masked man counted on this, and thus had an electric bola prepared in his free hand to fling at the Royal Sword as they spun. If it hit, the bola would bind both Slash and his shield together, before releasing a current with adequate volts to incapacitate any human. The supersoldier planted himself in the ground then, skidding to a halt that faced his foe.

"There, since you want to keep your shield so bad..."

Mudkip
As Mudkip flew, mud began gathering on his forelegs. Dart hadn't let him breathe before, and so as the human chased him down again, the Mud Fish was prepared. He twisted to face the dragoon man, and held up his arms to barely block the Heat Blade with two Mud Slaps. In the same moment, with a tilted head, a short burst of water came from the Pokémon's mouth in an attempt to smack the human in the face while he was busy swinging.

However, the man had already thrown a knee, which slugged into the amphibian, as did the following kick. Mudkip was sent flying, but during their travel through the arena, the end of the chasm had approached, and the primarily aquatic creature smacked into a wall mid-arc. He fell down onto a small ledge, and winced as he tried to stand at attention again as fast as his body would let him. Looking down at Dart, the water type began firing more Water Guns, the simple creature lacking creativity.

Beam
Dagr leapt out of harm's way before the devil's gnashing teeth could find purchase. She soared away, but, digging his sharpened limbs into the concrete, he had already adjusted himself to continue barreling towards the princess. She attempted to engage with Rinku, who had Inkling on the brink of defeat. Luckily the demon child made his getaway and was just about to finish one of their foes, so Beam just needed to pull his weight. As he shot towards the princess, he leapt into the air in an arc, so that he'd be above her when she came within mauling range, and preventing her from jumping away so easily a second time! If she dodged, the shark would land and swing his massively powerful tail at Dagr, should she still be within range.

Kragg
Cayman countered a punch with a heavy haymaker. The fist hit the beetle's rocklike carapace and dazed Kragg. The Earth's Bastion was forced down to catch himself with his hands. Fortunately, despite the mental fog that now clouded his mind and blurred his vision, the Wallrunner wasn't a creature of thought. He was a warrior of action. With an angry grunt, Kragg swung himself upwards, using his immense neck muscles to try and drive his horn into the Adept's midsection, which would fling Cayman into the sky!

Cultists
Allison cursed as her attack ended up being pathetically useless, but before Nótt could move against the madwoman, she had already fell backwards and popped back into her Soul Edge form. The force from Soul Tether seized her as the jotun's fist swung powerfully through the air above her, pulling Allison toward her obsession, not entirely through the princess, but enough to glance off her side and leave a decent cut. Her main priority was to get over to Troy as quickly as possible. Although Ryuji was in the way, she had no problem with going through the teen.

- - -

In a desperate move, Troy had hammered punch after punch into Skull, though the Phantom Thief's guard held strong. Whether through luck or his pressure paying off, a punch landed. No sooner than it did, that arm was grabbed, and the cult leader was left vulnerable to an attack. Electricity surged through Troy. It was somewhat familiar, though somewhat different than the Soul Lightning that Kenneth Kaine used- the leader of a rival cult. The narcissist kept his wits about him, and as his muscled screamed and seized up, he pushed through the pain to, using his free hand, reach for the punk's throat. If he succeeded, it wasn't just to choke the Phantom Thief, shown in his eyes that contained an enraged bloodlust. He would dig his fingers into the kid's neck, gripping Ryuji's windpipe the best he could, before crushing and pulling with his remaining strength. If that didn't kill the persona-wielder, then there was also a large sword speeding towards his back...

Shopkeep
"Excuse me, sir. I don't suppose you have a way to watch the other matches that are happening now, do you?"

The Regular Shopkeeper was about to go back to his shop and leave the two short kings to their feud, when the sly and snide one with glasses asked a question Shopkeep needed to answer anyway.

"Oh yeah, for sure. Let me get those up for you."

From his right pocket he pulled out a device, which looked like a grey brick with an unnecessarily large red button on an otherwise featureless box. The salesman extended the device's antenna, and then hesitated to press the button, instead offering it to Underwood.

"Care to do the honors?"

The duelist pressed the button, and the area was instantaneously filled with the sound of machinery. All around the area, huge jumbotrons, 20 in total, rose from behind the stands of cheering crowds. Eight of them flickered on, each displaying the season one opening credits of Dukes of Hazzard. When the Shopkeep realized this, his smile dropped, and he dropped the activation device to dig into his left pocket and snatch a very ordinary-looking remote. He fiddled with the remote for several seconds while muttering under his breath- the screens flashing between National Treasure, Full House, and the NCAA Women's Basketball League. Eventually, he managed to change the input to display live footage of each fight, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"There we are."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
Ryuji's admittedly harebrained plan worked, managing to zap Troy up real nice.
Oracle spoke seriously. "Skull! He's not done!"
Despite the lighting coursing through him the cultist's made a grab for Ryuji's throat! The shock hadn't fully stopped them, but their movements were slowed thanks to the shock messing with their mobility. The phantom thief thought quickly, considering his angles. One hand was occupied with holding Troy down, while the other held Mjolnir. He had no options...
All two of the muscle head's brain cells finally bumped together, spawning his master plan.
With few better choices, Ryuji opted to sink his teeth into Troy's hand. Biting down with the enthusiasm of a dickish fifth grader, Ryuji would halt Troy's advance towards his throat!
"'Ershona!" Ryuji shouted a command, though muffled, summoning William. Empowered by his Persona and Fighting Spirit, Ryuji bash down Mjolnir over Troy's head again and again with the intent to finish him once and for all. Even if Allie managed to stab through him, the hardheaded teen would carry enough strength and determination to strike Troy a few times anyway!

Last edited:
Dagr

Rinku had just managed to dance out of her reach, leaving Dagr with nothing but his hat. Blue seemed like he was in a bad place as well, paralyzed by these strange toys Rinku was using. She watched as the two flew off and onto a bridge overhead. Perhaps she had been having a bit too much fun with this fight. Should have gone straight for the headlock, or chopped it off when she had the chance.

Whatever Rinku was planning for Blue, Dagr wasn't just going to stand by and let it happen. The Princess stepped forward after the fighting pair. A wave of cold and weakness sudden ran up Dagr's body. It was a feeling she had sensed only once before. The only time she had ever seen a look of concern on her mother's face.

Dagr was dying. She had lost a lot of blood, she could feel it. Her skin was turning paler by the moment, and she could feel the warm blood leaking down her side. Damn, that had been a good hit from Beam. Was she really going through with all of this? She was the Princess of Jotunheimr. Sure, Nótt was the one next in line, but if something happened to her Dagr would be the one the responsibilities of the throne would fall upon.

A shadow appeared over her. Beam, finally switching it up and attacking from above.

Quite a few people in this tournament were out for blood. How did she know Master Hand was telling the truth about her wounds being healed and her being restored to normal after matches? He had the power to bring them all here, but was he able to do that as well? Was she really going to risk all of this, her life, and possibly the future of the kingdom, on a death match arranged by a crazy hand creature?

Hell yeah.

Dagr grinned madly. The timer on her life was nearly up. This was it, all or nothing. At the last moment, Dagr swung her ax up at the falling shark demon. Energy crackled around the weapon, a dragon head of energy forming around the ax head once again. Dagr was meeting Beam's attack with her own, putting everything she had behind it. All of her strength, her exhilaration, her determination, and even her own bloodlust and desperation.

Nótt

Another one of Nótt's attacks struck nothing but air. Allison transformed into her sword form, slashing Nótt in the side as she flew past towards Ryuji. Her partner also did not seem to be in a good state, locked in death throes with Troy. With Allison speeding towards him, he most certainly would die. Had she not been under this terrible curse, Nótt would have tried to stop Allison. Striking the sword midair, or even attempting to grab the weapon. But her muscles responded slowly and painfully. No, she could not stop Allison. But there was one trick left.

As Allison flew towards Ryuji, a strange blue energy seemed to form around the sword before vanishing. Allison herself would feel herself slightly weakened, and while she was still pulled towards Troy, the speed at which she flew would be slowed down slightly. At the same time, the blue energy appeared around Nótt. Nótt felt herself grow stronger and faster, with her lance double its effect on her. Moon-Wing then launched itself off Nótt's shoulders, attempting to snatch the sword woman by the massive ring handle!

Weevil Underwood

"Whoa." Weevil said, looking around at the massive screens. He grinned, looking back to Regular Shopkeeper. "Why thank you, mister."
With that, the bug duelist turned and walked away.
"See you around, Dino Brain." Weevil said, shoulder checking Rex as he walked by. But an antagonistic gesture wasn't the only reason Weevil had bumped Rex. As he slipped by, Weevil attempted to slide a copy of Parasite Paracide into Rex's deck on the sly.

Weevil walked into the slowly growing crowd of returning fighters. Finding a small table, the duelist sat down and began to watch the remaining fights attentively. Regular Shopkeeper had said the store with the boons was not open yet, so there was no point in trying for those. Instead, Weevil would take the time to watch and study the remaining fighters and their techniques.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Magolor
The mage twirled gracefully, the wind magic surrounding him shielding him from the rain of flames he caused. How useful magic was!
Yet as he spun, Magolor noticed a figure falling above him. That infernal child got past his attack and was attempting to grab at him down! The mage's hands sparkled with magic as the boy dived down to snatch him.
"Gotcha!" The boldly announced, only for their decent to be suddenly halted by Magolor. Their fall gave him enough time to summon a rune just above himself that acted as a platform-shield that Axe would land (or preferably splat) on instead.
The mage raised an eyebrow as he made a gesture. "Hee...Do you?"
Once he did, the rune suddenly burst forward as a shockwave that would slam Axe back, though it wouldn't deal any damage. What it would do is bounce him back into the air, vulnerable to a barrage of magic bombs that Magolor would create and detonate around Axe.

Lucario
"I suppose that would work." Lucario replied, completely serious. Fitting for a steel type, he was not only unbothered by the metaphorical venom, but seemed unaware of it. Not to say he did not understand Gardevoir's internal struggle. Part of him wish he was conscious enough to see if he had really bashed Warlock's head in, and consider that his victory. Alas, he would have to respect any taunts the psychic user would likely throw at him.
Speaking of, the host had begun to showcase footage of the current fights. It was impressive how Lucario's neck did not snap from how quickly he turned to face it, scanning for a certain orange-blue pokemon. Impressively, the little mudkip was still fighting, though Dart had the advantage. His aura, Lucario remembered to be very powerful. While he had a faint hope for the water-starter, he mostly just wished Dart wouldn't rough him up too much.
Perhaps the little one could use some training... Lucario thought

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Cayman
Once Kragg was knocked to the ground, Cayman was quick to follow up with an overhand punch—but his opponent had reacted just as quickly, swinging his horn upwards and slipping right past the Duelist’s guard, piercing into the armor’s midsection and sending him flying upwards.

What came next was another supernatural pull, Cayman’s powerful Septima dragging Kragg skyward moments afterwards. Just like before, its strength would diminish once Kragg was close, but Cayman was counting on catching his opponent off guard by quickly dropping down to meet him, legs burning hot as he performed a fast dropkick, an explosion bursting on impact to boot!

Pit
"I shall not be fighting thee.. not now, not ever. This.. tourney.. I can participate it no longer."

“Huh? Wait, what?! Why not? Didn’t you want to win the whole thing so you could use the prize to restore hope to your people and stuff?”

“It’s just a guess, but… Minos, you were known to be quite kind natured back when you were King, even against would-be foes. Did that fight take a toll on your mentality?”
Grazie
The fiery projectiles that hovered above the Adept couldn’t be good, so she leapt backwards before Magolor’s plan could prove fruitful. She was not sticking around for that one.

“Cute gift, but I ain’t acceptin’ that one! How ‘bout I return the favor—huh?”

Coming from the sky was… a big glowing anvil? That energy was definitely the magician’s, though it had missed its mark a bit, landing nearly a dozen feet away from her—

KA-BLOOEY!

A bright, colorful explosion burst outward, much to Grazie’s surprise, who was forced to put both mechanical arms in front of herself for protection. The blast slammed into her full force, the armor’s drills digging into the ground to anchor the girl, the exterior’s pieces breaking off in the resulting shockwave.

After a few seconds of enduring it, the storm had passed. Grazie’s pincer arms had completely fallen apart, revealing her normal sized ones sticking out of the torso, which was charred but mostly fine, as were her face and legs.

“What in the Sam Hill was that?! Look what ya did to my armor! Now you’re gon’ get it…”

Her drill legs began revving up, sands shifting as she prepared her next attack, though she was wary of what Magolor and Axe would be up to.

“…as soon as ya get down here!”​

Rinku & Inkling

The paint using punk couldn't break free of their bonds no matter how hard they tried. The electrifying demon energy zapping through their body and keeping them paralyzed. The eighteen wheeler crashed on ahead, threatening to turn him into roadkill. Maybe...maybe he didn't need to free himself from the bonds.

"Shwoooom!"

The inkling cried out, suddenly undergoing a transformation. The wires kept it suspended, but it seems to become a larger form of its squid state: the kraken. So as the truck impacted-

SPLAT!

The Kraken stuck to the front, albeit damaged from the plowing of the truck and electrifying of the Yo-Yos. Rinku hadn't expected that sudden change if form, so he quickly shifted his position. Shooting over behind the truck, he placed his feet onto the back of the container on the back. So when the Kraken tried to break free of it's bonds by leaping off of the hood, Rinku put his own force on the back of the truck, pulling and tightening the restraints that kept the Kraken detained.

"Turning bigger and gooier all you can do? Well I know a better way to make even more goo!"

While four Yo-Yos were detaining the Kraken, suddenly the four remaining ones swerved out from below, above, and the sides, swarming into drill into the inky body of the creature and spill their windows across the road they sped across.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Beam
Instead of sinking his teeth into some fresh flesh, Beam felt an axe split his lower jaw in two. What came next was a rush of magical power, blasting into the shark's face all at once. It was disorienting, and it hurt. The devil's massive frame spun through the air uncontrollably, a feeling Beam wasn't used to in this form. It sparked a bit of fear as he sailed into the air, until he landed in the sand with a thud. He would lay there for a moment to wait for the world to stop spinning.

Kragg
The force pulled Kragg along with Cayman, but the beetle dug his hands into the ground, dragging up a boulder with him. Originally, the boulder was meant to smash over his head, but the Adept was already coming down with an attack of his own, which called for some improvisation. The Wallrunner punched his boulder, sending chunks of gravel horizontally, not at his foe. Now, the Earth's Bastion had no grasp on what Newton's Third Law of Motion was, but he knew by doing this, it shifted him out of harm's way! As a counterattack, the beetle made to grab Cayman as he soared past, instead transferring the momentum from the dropkick into a high-speed forwards roll that'd end in the duelist eating cement.

Cultists
Allison slowed in the air, and a huge eagle grabbed her by the handle. This couldn't be happening! She would not accept failure, she had to have these people's heads on a platter. As of right now though, she couldn't do much more than shapeshift into a full human below the collarbone, leaving her head as the Soul Edge's handle. Even though she didn't have eyes, she could sense the souls of everyone around her, and used the knife she still had in her hand to flick at the back of Ryuji's neck, hoping to sever his brain stem to take him out of the fight. She would then swing herself up and try to kick the bird in the face!

---

Skull caught Troy's hand in his mouth, and the blue-haired madman knew what came next. Checkmate. Well, if there was one thing he could do to sour Ryuji's victory, it was to inflict as much pain as he could before he died. Sure, it was petty, but the Phantom Thief deserved it. He ripped his hand out of Ryuji's mouth, leaving a chunk of flesh behind, before twisting his wrist to dig his thumb into the brawler's eye as deep as it would go. Nothing either of the Kool Kats did saved the leader in the end, as Mjolnir glanced off the back of his skull in a spray of blood, bits of skull, and grey matter. The wild fire in Troy's eyes faded, as did his malicious shark-toothed smile. He wobbled for a moment, before falling back into the grass. A dark pool began forming beneath his head before everything went white.

Victory: Nótt & Ryuji!

comic

KASSANDRA

The jester gave up. The misthios rotated her arm, watching as he and Alter Knight went through a brief exchange, before she considered her options. Her charge had, unfortunately, not been filled up all the way. It was hovering at the edge of completion. One little thing, and she'd have access to Second Wind.

Kassandra, still in the air, noticed the warning indicator flash on the ground beneath her. A confident grin flashed over her face as she swung the Staph of Hermes, its form shifting into a thyreos shield, the woman taking cover behind it, propelled upward by the wave of projectiles, but her defenses held sturdy, but it was the secondary effect that had Kassandra so confident.

It gave that last bit of juice.

There was a brief flash of light that swelled over the body of the spartan, before she leapt from the shield. It disappeared, reappearing around her neck as it had sat before she'd used the Staff of Hermes. While she was far from 100%, the misthios in her use of Second Wind had eliminated hindrances: fractures, bruises, weakness. She sailed through the air like a bullet, simultaneously procuring her choice weapons: the Spear of Leonidas in one hand, and in the other she held Arachne's Stringer.

Kassandra's sandals hit one of the pillars of the Akropolis, before she launched off of it, a crack resounding in the air as she made a beeline for Jevil, or rather, just before him him in as little as a second, stabbing into the ground with the speartip. Her collision worked in tandem with Alter Knight's attack, the smash releasing a great kinetic wave of energy that would expel outward, pushing back anything getting close for a moment, and aiming to push Jevil directly into the bolt of lightning while simultaneously aiming to momentarily disorient him.

M.O.D.O.K.

In an (un)surprising move, the Man-Mind simply roared with obnoxious laughter, kicking his feet in humor, before he slowly shook his head. "YOUR ATTEMPTS AT CONFIDENCE ARE STAGGERINGLY MISPLACED, JAKE. BESIDES, WE BOTH ARE AWARE MY EFFORTS SECURED OUR VICTORY - WITHOUT ME, YOU WOULD NOT BE SITTING HIGH ON THE BRACKET. NOT TO WORRY, I WILL EDUCATE YOU IN THE HUMBLING ART OF HUMILIATING DEFEAT WHEN I CRUSH YOU LIKE THE INSIGNIFICANT INSECT YOU ARE! HAH"

Suddenly, M.O.D.O.K.s look of humor and mocking shifted into a neutral expression as he turned and hovered away, headed directly for the Regular Shopkeeper, apparently done interacting with Jeice for the moment.

"YOU THERE, ARTIFICIAL CONSTRUCT," M.O.D.O.K. called for the keeper's attention. "THE SURROUNDING MARKETPLACE: DETAIL ITS USES TO ME."

AEGISLASH

The Royal Sword possessed several advantages in basic biology when compared to humans, one of them being the ability to realign. A floating sword often didn't struggle to right itself when sent spiraling, as he merely took a single swing before he wobbled to a stop, upright and raring to go. It was the following electric trap that gave Aegislash pause, eyeing the three spokes of wire spiraling toward him to wrap about the Pokémon and deliver electricity damage.

A beam of red shot from the sword's lone eye, blasting into the center of the electric bola, aiming to blast it apart, likely resulting in the three wires sputtering out and flinging away from each other in different directions. Slash's body became briefly engulfed by a red light, energy seeming to surge through him as he used Swords Dance.

DART

Face dripping with water, Dart swung his head, flipping a few damp bangs from his face as he chuckled. "Nice one!"

But with each following water gun, he was quick to react, using the flat end of Heat Blade to deflect the water guns around him, before he pulled a hand away, tugging a small white ball from behind him, and tossing it forward. It broke in the middle of the air, seemingly dispersing into nothing, but its magic had been released when it had broken.

Quite suddenly, lacking warning, a geyser of powerful flames broke through the ground beneath the Mudkip, spewing high into the air, its radius easily five times the Mudkip's volume, and flaming rocks began to rain from above as the geyser's flames ceased after a few seconds. These flaming rocks would impact the ground, exploding in small, contained eruptions all around the Mudkip.

Seems distance wasn't an effective strategy against Dart.

NEPH

She rolled her eyes at the Lucario's response. So stoic, it was somewhat annoying. However, his attention seemed to shift to one of the screens: the Mudkip battling the fire-type human. Her angry red eyes glared at the Mudkip for a moment, before slowly, they softened, and she could remember the Mudkip that had defeated her years ago. The one that belonged to her trained. Her defeat at its hands- er, paws, had resulted in her entire life shifting.

Feeling suddenly self-conscious, her venomous exterior began to reflect her uncertain and upset interior, at least to an extent. She quickly turned away, a sense of shame overcoming her for her violent thoughts - and her violent actions. That wasn't how she'd been raised, how she'd been trained. What would her trainer think of such behavior? She tried to make herself angry again with this thought, but the shame only intensified when she came to the conclusion that her trainer would be disappointed at how she'd been acting. Maybe even sad.

The gardevoir was waging a silent war on her mind, trying to keep herself mad to avoid the shame that was welling in her, but it was a losing battle.

DevVoid

Minos
" While it is true that such intention is what I claimed to seek.. I realised.. "

Minos looked at his own hands, then clutched them into fists.

" Thy kingdom was not built upon the shedding of blood and the will of violence. It was built upon peace.. upon the love of one another. Even in the face of doom, when my cities started crumbling around me.. I had attempted to remain diplomatic. But, this.. I have forgotten who I am. What future I stand for. My people.. their hopes, dreams.. is it worth pursuing such a goal, knowing that the cost is to cast away all that I have been, all that I should be? Think, angelic one and goddess of light.. "

Minos looked to Pit, but his true gaze also landed on Palutena who was using the angel as a medium.

" Is it truly worth to betray all you stand for, squandering the trust of those who put their faith upon you.. just for a meager, uncertain chance at achieving thine goals? "

Mr. Miracle
The Anvil was far too big for Terry to accurately gauge whether or not it hit its mark. Thanks to Grazie's complaining however, Hagen could safely assume that it hit something at least, that something being his original target! How lucky, but.. hold on. There was something that his opponent just said that bothered him.. what was it now? Sam Hill? Nah, that was just a figure of speech, or so he's heard. No no, it was the part after that. Why would he go down there and get up close, again? Terry shook his head in response and just shook his head toward Grazie as an answer.

" Now why would I want to do that when I'm perfectly content up here? "

Moments passed by before he decided otherwise.

" Actually, you make a fair argument. Be right there! "

Now acting out like a mime, Mr. Miracle motioned as if getting out of bed, opening a door and walking downstairs. Then just took his sweet time as he air-walked into an invisible room, opened up a non-existent fridge and pulled out a bowl, his own branded cereal and milk out of nowhere, pouring himself a snack mid-fight as if having forgotten he was in a fight. He quickly zoomed into another room, leaving behind a Miracle-shaped dustcloud as his bowl and spoon spun mid-air in place before he dashed back to grab them.

Holding the bowl in one hand, he proceeded to pull an entire umbrella out of his coat in another and opened it as he motioned as if jumpig out of an open door, the umbrella opening with his magikinesis and making it look like as if he was floating gently down like a feather because of it, taking even more of his sweet time by now turning to a non-existent camera and acting as if he were in a commercial, shilling his own branded cereal and just eating it mid-air, even clamping the umbrella under his arm to do so. All just to act as both one big distraction for either just Grazie or (hopefully) both his opponents so his ally can do something, because it probably annoyed his sand-casting foe and also because it was funny.

Dagr

Her attack knocked Beam back. It hadn’t been a direct hit. As the shark devil collapsed, Dagr could tell her attack hadn’t been enough. She was exhausted. He was so close, but Dagr barely had enough energy to stay on her feet. One tough creature, Beam was. Dagr was breathing heavily. She could feel waves of cold and weakness running up her legs, all the way to her head. It was all she could to stand on her own two feet.

“Sun-Wing.” Dagr said. She tossed up her ax. Her eagle launched off of Dagr’s shoulders, catching the ax midair. While Dagr was close to the end of her energy, the eagle still felt relatively fresh. It flew awkwardly through the air with it's wounded wing, but it only needed one shot with this. The bird once again fired the magical beams from it's eyes, attempting to once again weaken Beam's defenses and slow its movements.

Attempting to take advantage of the shark demon while it was stunned, Sun-Wing let out a screech. It dove towards Beam, thrusting down with Dagr's poleax. The massive metal bird attempted to gore Beam in one of it's massive eyes!

Dagr fell onto her back, looking up to the sky. Huh. Blue sky. Could have sworn they were indoors. Probably an illusion or something. Dagr grinned. She really, really hoped Master Hand was telling the truth about the healing thing.
“Damn. Helluva match…” Dagr said. “Guess it’s up to you… Sun-Wing... Blue…”
The Jotun Princess weakly looked over towards the bird and the shark devil. She tried her best to put pressure on the wound in her side. She had to hold on, for just a moment longer...

Nótt

A flash of light, and Nótt found herself standing back in the plaza. Her wounds were gone, as was the pain of the strange curse Troy had placed on her. Master Hand was truthful about the healings. They had... won. The warrior princess let out a small sigh of relief. She had anticipated the enemies being very skilled and with strange abilities, but not to this extent. It was a brutal fight, but they had managed to come out on top. She quickly scanned the nearby area, easily spotting the phantom thief by his bright blond hair and strange clothes.
"Skull!" Nótt called out. The Jotun woman approached the young man, smiling kindly.

"A match well fought, and well won. You have great skill." Nótt said, holding out her forearm for Ryuji to bump with his own. A traditional Jotun greeting upon a victory.

Jeice

The red alien simply rolled his eyes. Not only was his new opponent's head massive, it was massively thick as well. Nothing Jeice was going to say was gonna get through to him. Jeice just waved his hand dismissively as M.O.D.O.K. floated off. As Jeice started to walk away as well, he felt something different on him. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a gold coin. Some sort of currency? He didn't recall ever getting this. And it certainly wasn't on him during the fight.

Not too far off, Jeice could hear M.O.D.O.K. demanding to know how the shop here worked. Perhaps answers would be there. Jeice approached the regular shopkeeper as well, crossing arms and watching.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
The phantom thief managed to arrest Troy's hand with his bite. It was now or never!
Yet as Ryuji brought his Mjolnir up, Troy pulled his hand back, ripping his own flesh and leaving Ryuji with the rather disgusting taste of blood in his mouth, before shoving his thumb into Ryuji's eye, attempting to gouge it out! The pain was intense; not quite to the extent of his persona awakening, but pretty damn close.
"Ryuji!" Oracle warned, too scared for codenames. "Your eye-!"
Skull did not stop, slamming his Mjolnir down over Troy's skull, swearing he felt his eye pop as he did, with something stabbing into his neck.
Next thing he knew, Ryuji was unceremoniously booted out of the archway he entered, landing on his face. He quickly rose back to his feet, feeling his face and neck for any damage. True to the big hand's words, he was totally fine. It was kind of trippy, honestly.
He heard a sigh from Oracle. "Holy hell Skull! Don't scare me like that!"
Ryuji grinned in response, happy none of the girls were close by to beat him up. Speaking of, he wondered where was Nott-
Conveniently, Nott found him first, calling him by codename. Ryuji flashed his own proud smirk.
"Hell yeah! That's a win for Team Ryott! Nice moves!" He bellowed proudly, using a team name he made up on the spot.
From within the audience, The Phantom Thieves groaned.
In response to Nott's greeting, Ryuji gave Nott a fist bump instead. Unfortunately, he was rather uneducated about cultures even in his own world.

Last edited:
Nótt

Nótt looked down at her fist where Ryuji had bumped it. A simpler gesture, but one which the meaning was the same. It was something that Dagr would do. In fact, the way Ryuji fought and acted, he was very similar to Dagr. It had been a long time since she had fought side by side with her sister, not including that small invitation match. Nótt smiled down at Ryuji. Perhaps Dagr was right. This tournament could be a good way to relax and have some fun.
"Come, let us feast to celebrate our victory." Nótt said. She began to lead Ryuji towards the Regular Burger place.

"I have to admit, I am rather curious as to your abilities I saw. I don't believe I've seen anything similar in the world I am from." Nótt said to Ryuji. "Conjuring Lightning without the use of a Tome, Staff, or incantation. And that mysterious masked person that was fighting alongside you. Where did he come from?"

Inkling “Blue”
No…!

Even with the power of the Kraken, Rinku was still able to keep Blue subdued. This wasn’t looking good! The kraken eyed Dagr as she fought against Beam, smashing him in the face with an energy-filled weapon. Maybe she…didn’t need him.

I mean, she didn’t feel the need to come get me…maybe she’s got this!

Filled with determination (hey reference), the giant squid turned to look at Rinku as the yo-up’s turned to cut into his body and rupture him. The kraken was durable, but it was time limited. Squinting, the squid propelled himself towards Rinku with a blast of ink, using a Super Jump!

Since he was connected to Rinku by the strings, it would be easier to…!

Latch on! Blue thought to himself internally, aiming to wrap his two biggest tentacles around Rinku’s body and SQUEEZE! If it worked, this squeeze would be quite powerful, powerful enough to snap Rinku’s back after a short amount of time.

The yo-yo’s struck Blue’s body, tearing into his kraken skin. Sparks flew, as if his armored skin was made of metal, but they slowly started to sink in, spilling ink everywhere. The kraken let out a pained roar, similar to a “woomy!” but more monstrous. He kept squeezing Rinku to the end (if he managed to latch on successfully, that is)…

Then the kraken special wore off. The squid instantly shrunk down to normal size and the yo-up’s tore through him like a balloon, piercing his thin skin. A mixture of blue ink and blue blood spilled out everywhere as a tiny ghost in the shape of a squid flew away and into the sky…

And he was gone.

Rinku

Rinku grinned as the Kraken approached, the Yo-Yos letting him go just a bit so that he could see how far the inkling would go. After getting satisfied with his answer, the sound of buzzsaws rang out. Next thing you know, they were torn apart and their insides became their outsides. The asphalt was soaked in thick blue hue. Landing right next to it, Rinku couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"Ha! What do you know? Just as inky on the inside as the outside!" He remarked on inkling's demise.

Looking up at the segments of ground floating above them, a couple warped it after the sound of elimination resonated, viewers tuning in to see who was eliminated. Rinku ate the attention up, raising his arms and cheerily laughing, congratulating himself and interacting with his audience.

"Haha! Thank you, thank you. It was nothing!"

Recalling his Yo-Yos back to him, he put his hands behind his head, looking over to Dagr and Beam fighting it out. Sure he was never one to play fair, but he'd at least give a chance to make her lose their dignity~

Leaping down toward them and halting just ten feet off the ground, Rinku, now upside down addressed her.

"Looks like you are alone now. I got to see what your friend was made of." He chuckled. "You wanna give up, or do you want to show off your insides too?"

NiGHTS

After much deliberation and discussion, the battle was now underway. The system had began to shift, changing the terrain right before their eyes. Heat rose up around them as the aesthetics of the place shifted to a darker, humid climate. bubbling lava rested below them as a structure formed just under their feet. It was a paved road, the start of freeway, lined with red metal guard rails. The concrete supports stretching all the way down into the lava below.

The road stretched in and around, coiling up and down the volcanic chamber they found themselves in - almost nonsensically. There were a few loop-de-loops in the road as well as raising platforms that made little to no sense from a traffic standpoint. Not only that, but there was what appeared to be a Golden Gate Bridge knock off that had almost no road on it: just the red metal supports. Eventually, the road would lead to an giant, ornate golden head imbedded into a far off wall, it's mouth wide open with the road leading inside of it.

There were strands of lava that would shoot up and bathe certain sections of street, scorching where they splashed with their heated weight. A few charred footholds were down below, floating on the sea of lava. Dangerous, but potentially usable.

A few buildings also materialized, some appearing to be sinking in the lava below. Casinos, banks, but one large building stood upright with a glowing neon head rotating around the pinnacle of the building in the shape of NiGHTS's head - The NiGHTS hotel.

Welcome to: Dagoth Highway

NiGHTS & Sonic
Vs
Irnane & Dracula

...Begin!

"Wooooow, I dig this joint!" NiGHTS marveled. "A fitting atmosphere to fight a couple of fiery opponents! Let's go!"

NiGHTS winked before flying under the concrete path they stood on. Shortly after, she would spin her body rapidly, preforming a drill drive using their head as the drill bit! It would shoot up to unexpectedly shatter through the concrete and strike Irnane directly!

Rex Raptor

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Rex rolled his eyes, kicking off from the counter, none the wiser to the trick Weevil just pulled on his deck.

I needed a breather from that geek anyway. Out of all the other dweebs here to size up, I wonder who else there is to-

"YOU THERE, ARTIFICIAL CONSTRUCT."

MODOK's shrill voice shot into Rex's ears, the duelist grimacing and turning so one eye could lay eyes one the owner. Even then, maybe one eyeful was one too much. MODOK was hardly peak human appearance - if we wasn't just some sentient potato or something. Rex sighed, the atmosphere being ruined.

Maybe there's a place to catch a bite to eat in this place. Someplace where a guy who's mouth isn't bigger than my body would go.

Getting up and leaving the situation, he started his search for somewhere to fill his hunger needs. He didn't have to search for long though, as a sports bar soon revealed itself, packed to the brim with food and drink. That's a lot of grub - Jackpot!

Last edited:
Axe
The little Hero gasped as he felt his feet land on the air, a rune appearing. His hand clasped the 'platform' too, softening the landing but leaving him open a moment as Magolor retorted and a shockwave sent him flying!

Axe was knocked into the air, shocked but not harmed as he heard something form around him. More bombs, he guessed, seems like he really liked those...
Well, whatever, all he needed to get out of this was the green stone to-
"Oh." He suddenly remembered how it darkened, his eyes widening.
Oh. Oh no no no....! Not now... Come on, Green Stone... I need some power, one more time...!
The Black Stone in his satchel, nay, his hand, began to glow, a dark shine around it for a second before the power of darkness took effect with one key goal: Save Axe.

Suddenly, he stopped in mid-air, his body stabilizing upright as the magic bombs were readied before two large red wings shot out of Axe's side, markings appearing all over his skin as his eyes stayed closed. When they shot open, a glow of red appeared over their hazel, before suddenly a burst of speed was taken as Axe's body dived downwards, narrowly avoiding the explosions with some singes on his feet and a bit of downward force. As he neared the ground, his body pulled up, skidding along the ground. As he was trying to catch himself, the blackened rock fell out of his pocket, sitting on the surface of the sand as the boy landed a little behind Grazie, his wings and markings disappearing as he gasped for air.

"Huh...that worked out.." He winced before he shot an eye to the stand, trying to work out if he could see what his friends had thought...But was distracted as he noticed Mr Miracle very slowly making his way to the ground. In all honesty, he was very attempted to try and throw his shield at the magician to knock him out the air, but knew that he'd probably expect that. Instead, he turned his attention to Grazie.
"Hey, we should focus on that Magolor guy, I think." He told his ally, trying not to be too loud as he managed to get next to her. He did want to keep the planning a little unknown from his foes, after all. "If you can use this weird sand stuff, maybe form like a chain or something and pull him down in place, I might be able to take him out." He suggested, not quite a whisper but certainly no shout. He winced again, digging his heels into the sand to try and hide the burns forming on his legs.

All the while, forgetting the black stone, left alone...

The Warlock
Unlike his foe, when he arrived back in the plaza the Warlock was not so calm, though not that one could tell from a distance. He was livid, and kicking himself for failing to easily defeat such a primitive foe, this wasn't like him at all!
First, first those humans had been able to defeat him so many times, and now that creature that he dare not call intelligent had stopped him, it was humiliating!

For some, perhaps humbling. The Chosen Warlock was not some, he was one. And One who was livid! He was going to tear that dull monster to PIECES when he had the next chance!
The only excuse he could give, that would indict himself anyway, was that he underestimated his foe. He shouldn't have done so, it was foolish - He should have attacked with his best options immeadiantly, shown no mercy, and so on.
All the while, he could see Lucario 'talking' with another strange creature, clearly of a similar world at the least. Of course, they weren't actually talking per say, no, they were relying on the far superior option of telepathy. An option that, conveniently, Dhar-Hur Mordenna could easily listen in on, his powerful presence not bothering to hide this fact as his powers merely listened in on them.

Wow. And he thought he was mad about the result. That other creature must have gotten seriously humiliated, a fact that made the Warlock just a bit happier knowing someone else was having a worse time. Still, he decided to turn his attention away from the crude mockery of psionics right before Nephthys's sadness came about, focusing his mind on watching Dart fight the Mudkip.

Honestly, he applauded the Mudkip for not sticking to the deal of giving up, like his foolishly 'honorable' sister would have stuck to (Which, given his sister's fate, he felt justified in mocking), but he was absolutely shocked Dart had not finished the weakling off already. Clearly, Dhar-Hur Mordenna was going to need to 'carry' the team, so to speak, if the tournament remained in team fights. Once again, he turned his attention away, however, and decided to simply sit down, and 'meditate', in a rather weak attempt to calm the heck down.

comic

NEREVARINE

The world was sculpted about them, molding itself into a blend of familiarity and of vague disjunction. A mesh of colliding worlds, present and on display in a clashing, though somehow meldable context. Irnane's gaze drew across the colossal cavern that made their arena, reminded of how breathtaking the Red Mountain was - despite the additions from her opponents. Nevertheless, she was reminded of yet another thing she was fighting for here.

“Lady Azura, hear my voice,” Irnane muttered under her breath, dark red eyes landing briefly upon the face of the distant, enormous titan of a construct embedded into the wall at the far end of the caver: the Numidium, a tool Dagoth Ur had tried and failed to rebuild to conquer all of Tamriel. Had he succeeded, nobody could have stopped him. It gave her the slimmest of shivers. "Grant me the strength and wisdom that I lack, across the cracks of time and space. Give me the means to overcome this challenge. I fight in your name, Lady of Dusk and Dawn."

Her prayer to the daedric prince concluded (the irony of the momentarily suspended daedric invasion of Tamriel not escaping her), NiGHTS was the first to move, offering a quick comment on their combined surroundings, before leaping into action.

She disappeared, seemingly dropping toward the magma. Irnane was struck with a fleeting sense of familiarity, recalling a similar tactic employed by the aggravating creatures known as Cliffracers. During her travels, she had crossed many of those winged beasts, and when given the opportunity, they would often swoop out of view before gliding up the cliff faces, as near the rock as possible, before bursting right before their prey as though emerging from the ground itself.

Sure to keep herself from the edges, Irnane was faced with a moment of rare surprise when the ground shook for but a moment; a prelude to NiGHTS bursting from the ground, spinning like some kind of drilling dwemer construct. As fortune would have it, the vibrations gave enough time for the dunmer woman to leap up, sensing the pervasions of cracks in the earth beneath her. Summoning a single scroll in her hand, it became consumed in a wreath of briefly illuminating emerald flames, the scroll diminishing into particles of ash in the blink of an eye as its magicka was consumed, and granted its power upon Irnane without using any of her own stores of magicka.

A shimmer of blue light filtered around the nerevarine as NiGHTS closed the distance. The drillbit impeded upon the effects of the Shield Scroll. On one hand, this almost brought NiGHTS to a stop, but there was a downside. The effectiveness of this particular spell was hither to the class of armor worn by the user. Irnane was not known for being of the greatest defenses in regards to what she wore - bulky and durable armor simply slowed her down too greatly. Because of her lacking status of armor, it in turn weakened the effects of the otherwise powerful shield spell, leaving NiGHTS to punch it through after an initial hiccup.

Irnane had devised her response in this brief moment, however, one hand now armed with the Sword of White Woe, and her other hand flashing with a bright red light, the dunmer putting forth a real spell: Wounding Touch Spell. For a short time, any contact made with Irnane of the physical nature, from ally or enemy, would translate onto the perpetrator. Ergo, impaling the nerevarine would result in the attack being impaled themselves through a brief magical link. To top it off, Irnane swung with an overhead slash, aiming to strike at the drilling NiGHTS right down the middle with more strength than the lanky and almost frail-looking Irnane seemed capable of. If the sword made contact, its effects would curse NiGHTS with a lasting effect, as the blade was enchanted with a Weakening Integrity enchantment, which would bring down the defensive capacity of NiGHTS by a slight margin, but if she suffered too many blows, the creature of dreams would find that a regularly damaging attack could suddenly become extremely lethal.

Sonic the Hedgehog
The blue hedgehog tapped his foot with his arms crossed and let out a whistle as he took a look around, marveling at his surroundings. With a grin, Sonic rubbed his finger under his nose and closed his eyes for a moment, then looked back up at his opponents. “Gotta say, this place is pretty snazzy!” He uncrossed his arms and took a quick peek over the bridge, looking down at the lava below with a surprising lack of reaction besides a smirk. Sonic looked up at the big ol’ vampire across him. “Be careful not to fall, gramps!” He said, putting a hand on his hip.

As NiGHTS finished looking at the surroundings as well, the hedgehog took a low stance, ready to kick off the fight as soon as everyone was ready. With a wink, his teammate flew off to the side of the bridge and went below it, starting the fight. That’s my queue.

Sonic immediately took off running, greatly disrupting the air behind him as he sprinted. The blue blur was right in front of Dracula in an instant, his fist cocked behind him as he charged up a punch while he ran. However, the hedgehog quickly proved to be a bit more crafty than a straightforward punch, as it turned out that move was a feint! Sonic curled into a ball and zipped right in-between the vampire’s legs. Turning around immediately while still curled in a ball, Sonic shot towards Dracula’s back, aiming to get a good hit in and knock him away before he had the chance to react!

NiGHTS

Oh! That was pretty neat!

The shield scroll had bought the nightmaren's foe enough time to prevent any ramifications of the attack, as the purple Jester was sent continuing along the trek, light glowing sparkles flying behind it like some kind of fairy tale creature. But the loss of drilling momentum kicked them out of it, looking a little surprised by the result of this.

Looking ahead at Irnane, it would seem she was concocting some other scheme. Well, whatever it was, she was going to have to send it to a new address.

"Cool move, luv!" NiGHTS applauded. "Watch this now!"

NiGHTS flicked their foot out, kicking it up to connect with the rest of the broken circle the drill left behind in its wake. The glitter of sparkles made a perfect circle with the rest of the drifting particles. Suddenly, a purple rift opened up. Nights was on one side, Irnane on the other. So as Irnane would slash on through, the portal would open above Dracula. So Dracula would get struck by Irnane's attack, and if Sonic managed to hit the old coot, would shove him up in a collision course with her too!

DevVoid

Shaymin
As the energy faded and the grassy terrain grew back into the ground, the Grass Type looked back to see his opponent lying on the ground, seemingly defeated. Alright, that was this guy dealt with! Admittedly, Shaymin felt bad for having had done the fighting guy so dirty with such a sneaky move.. but then again, the point of joining a tournament was to win it, right? And Shaymin had doubts that his opponents would pull any stops on him, so he wasn't really left any choice.

Now his gaze landed on the rubble sat between him and his teammate. Well.. he could try to carve a path through, but that'd just be a waste of moves. Maybe his bag held something to help with this? Reaching a paw into it, the Gratitude Pokémon searched through its contents, grasped something, got it out..

..and it was a Wonder Gummi.

Well, better than nothing, right? Downing the food item, Shaymin felt his stomach fill up and his smarts being increased, his special attack stat being sharply raised by three stages temporarily. Such a firepower boost is exactly what he could use at this moment! Forming back into his Sky Forme, the now dog-formed Pokémon raised his head, psychic energy enveloping his body and his eyes becoming charged as Shaymin used Psychic to move as much of the rubble as he could, trying to cut a path through to his teammate as quick he could.

Dracula
The land around him changed, volcanic heat rising into the air, magma and stone merging with surrounding buildings. And one quite large, golden construct was off in the distance. A very... interesting theme, to be quite honest. With all this heat around him, bending fire would be quite a lot easier, the King of Vampires imagined. And now.. the first movement had begun.

His ally was busy with the violet jester, while the blue animal already made its way over to him. Unfortunately for Sonic, it appeared he was already beginning to underestimate his foe's power.. quite pathetic, really. Had their last encounter not taught him anything? Well, Vlad supposed that creatures like these are never able to learn the true art of fighting and will always remain blissfully ignorant. This will be over quick.

The blue blur would come to find that his feint, then following his ram, hit through nothing but air as the Prince of Darkness transfigured into first a large black bat for one moment, then quickly dispersed into a swarm of black, vampiric bats. These would then hound after the hedgehog, attempting to surround him from all sides and try to first latch on, then bite not the body nor the head but those spindly limbs of his, especially the legs. This was both to slow down the creature and weaken his greatest strength. Of course, this would have also made the portal opened above his previous position as soon as it would appear, as he had now not only reduced his target size but also moved away from where he once was.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Cayman
“Woah!"

Kragg had pulled an unexpected move, using a boulder to narrowly avoid the Duelist's attack, managing to grab onto Cayman as he fell. This threw the man off his intended course, turning the dropkick into a spin that he had no hope of controlling. Nothing would save him from colliding with the ground, so his next best option was to maximize the damage dealt to his opponent.

"Hrm...! How about this!?"

The Adept's (literal) fiery spirit burst outwards, a ball of flame enveloping both Kragg and Cayman as they fell. While the man was immune to his Septima's power, this move would whittle down Kragg's defenses. Shortly before they reached the ground, Cayman would throw his whole body into the forwards roll, making the spin even wilder in hopes of getting Kragg to take the brunt of the impact, before finally unleashing one last explosion when they both crashed into the ground!

Pit
"Yeah, that would be a pretty awful thing to do..." Pit commented, scratching the back of his head.

"That determination to stick to your principles is quite fitting for a soul as powerful as yours. It's commendable."

"Well, it was fun fighting together for a bit there, I guess," The angel spoke, holding his hand out for the Prime Soul to shake. "Maybe we could grab a bite sometime? I bet there's a couple good places around here."

"I'm not quite sure he's actually capable of eating."

"Just means more food for me!"

Grazie
"Ugh, can't you go any faster?!"

With Miracle taking his sweet (branded) time, Grazie turned her focus to Magolor. Axe had just swiftly escaped the traveler's latest attack, growing some weird wings before landing just behind her. He suggested teaming up against Magolor, something she could easily agree on---she wanted some payback for him stealing her shovel earlier, and Magolor was currently a far more appealing target for her rip-roarin' Septima.

"Alright! We're gonna hafta show this guy what for!"

Grazie's already prepared attack finally came out, streams of sand flying out from the ground and towards Magolor, each one with a pointy end for some extra damage. Should her attacks miss, chunks of the streams would break off and circle around the magic user, before finally converging on him to constrict and ground the scheming magician!

Gunvolt
Wizeman sounded more or less like what he'd expected; some sort of god-like entity that Reala served. Gunvolt assumed the "waking world" the nightmaren spoke about was another name for the real world, and the talk of dreams and nightmares added to his theory on Wizeman existing on a different reality, or something along those lines. Life in the multiverse was incredibly varied, so he could only guess so much just from bits of conversation.

He'd faced foes like that before. Well, not quite. Certain Adepts he'd encountered in the past had capabilities that could be considered comparable to a god's; control over all physical matter, making illusions reality, warping space in all sorts of ways... those Septimas only became more powerful once enhanced by The Muse, which fueled his past actions to prevent that power from falling into the wrong hands. He lived a more peaceful life now, and he could only hope Joule was doing much the same.

Momentarily lost in thought, the Azure Striker turned his focus to the screen displaying the battles. Another one had just finished, with a few others nearing their end.

"Lots of strong looking fighters this time around. Don't think I could guess who's going to win it all."

His eyes landed on the display of Dart's battle against Mudkip, the latter finding it difficult to fight back against the Red Dragoon.

"...well, maybe I could write off a couple..."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
Celebratory feast? That's what Ryuji's talking about! The phantom thief typically went for ramen as a post-victory meal, but burgers were also pretty great. Ryuji turned towards Nott as she asked him about his powers.
"What, you mean William?" Ryuji replied blankly. Tome? Staff? Admittedly he hardly had a grasp on personas himself-despite multiple explanations from his friends-but he tried his best to summarize.
"He's kind of my...spirit, I guess? We made a contract, and now he's what lets me be a badass in the metaverse... and wherever here is too." he explained, before glancing towards Nott's own companion.
"What about him?" he asked. "Never seen a bird like him in my world."

Magolor
"What the-?"
Very rarely was the mage taken by surprise. But as Axe shined with dark energy and gained wings, the mage couldn't help but blink in shock as he flew away, though not without some damage taken. Curiously, he regrouped with Grazie, who was currently distracted with Miracle. Seeing the two together, and the distraction Miracle set up, a devious plan popped into Magolor's head
No sooner did Axe relay his own plan when a ring of portals spawned on the floor around the two, and ejected large dimensional needles diagonally around them, trapping them into a makeshift cone-shaped cage!
"Hee Hee! Now you're-huh?" Magolor boasting was cut short as he noticed the sands shift below. Seems Axe decided to be a tattletale. As Magolor created his needles, Grazie attempted to snatch and ground the mage!
Magolor attempted to maneuver out of the way, but his cape was caught by a stream, its point stabbing through the fabric! Soon the rest caught up, gripping Magolor. The mage struggled and used his proficient levitation, but the streams slowly and steadily pulled him down.
Despite his position, Magolor kept his cool. "Hee! Don't think I'm caught just yet!" he laughed, deciding to commit to his original plan. Another ring of portals appeared around the trapped Grazie and Axe, except this time they were in the air. Through the small gaps in the needle cage, the new needles would skewer through both Axe and Grazie!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Grazie
"Ya think ya can trap me?!"

Grazie was not a fan of this predicament, drills whirring to manipulate the sand around her. The girl swung an arm upwards, a sand drill shooting up from the ground to strike at the very tip of the cone-shaped prison, smashing it open. It was here that she crouched down for a moment, sand swirling around her arm to form a large hand, one that she used to scoop up Axe, holding him as firmly as possible without crushing him.

"Hold on tight!"

A sand twister enveloped the mech, generating enough force to lift it skyward and through the gap in the cage. The wave of needles coming next was still a problem, so she was quick to fling Axe out of the storm and in Magolor's direction, just in between the gaps in the portals. Hopefully he'd be able to take that guy out.

The wave of needles then converged on her position. Some were broken off or knocked aside by the raging twister around Grazie, though a majority still reached her, digging into her thick, durable armor, her exposed arms tucking into the torso to avoid getting chopped off. Sparks flew out from each contact point, and while the needles didn't strike any vital parts of Grazie herself, her armor was not having a good time. It shook and whirred as it struggled to escape its spiky restraints, which left her in a bit of a bad spot.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...! I ain't done rippin' and tearin'...!"​