• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Brothers 6

Weevil Underwood

Neph and Kirin focused on Rex. Which was what Weevil preferred. If Rex was tough enough, he would be able to get out of his situation himself. Weevil drew another card, and his grin grew. Perfect.
"Oh no. With my Killer Needle wiped out, I don't have any other powerful monsters to play! Oh well, I guess I'll just play this little Larvae Moth." Weevil said. In a blast of light, a massive caterpiller-like monster appeared. The creature was 2 or 3 feet long, with a few small spikes covering it.

"And so it can protect itself from all your ferocious attacks, I'll play this card as well. The Cocoon of Evolution!" Weevil said, placing another card in his duel disk. The Larvae Moth began to writhe about, emitting a strange pink silk. In mere moments, it was completely covered in a massive 6 or 7 foot tall cocoon.

Jeice

"It's Jeice, mate. For a genus, ya sure are bad with names." Jeice said to MODOK. The white haired alien took a ready stance, grinning at Pit and Minos.
"It's your funeral, mates." Jeice said.

The floating machine above the group of four turned green completely, before vanishing. The world around the fighters began to change and swirl. Colors and shapes began to take form as walls rose up. Scientific and technological modules began to form while parts of the floor fell away to reveal pieces of sky. Clouds floated in, giving the whole area a rather angelic-looking aura. Which was strangely complimented by the various pieces of lab equipment now sitting around the area. Other platforms of the laboratory could be seen floating nearby, with thick wires and cables hanging down from a few of the ceilings. Floating just out of bounds, chunks of the stands could be seen with people inside cheering.

Matchup!
Jeice and MODOK
V.S.
Pit and Minos

BEGIN!

Ha! Ha! Hoooo-ha!" Jeice said. The alien began to pose, once, twice, before striking final stance. "I am Jeice! And it's time! To show you the might! Of the Ginyu Force!"
Jeice clenched his fists, staring down Minos.
"Raaaugh!" Jeice yelled, suddenly taking off in flight. He flew past Minos, suddenly turning mid-air and launching a red energy blast towards the strange humanoid.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Rex Raptor

Score! This next card should make them quake in their little boots! Heh! If they thought the dinos so far were vicious, they gotta know what's on the top of the food chain!

Whoop

"Wat."

Suddenly, the card slipped right out of his fingers, as if a strong wind had taken it for a joyride. Rex swiped to nab it, but every time he'd try to grab it, it would slide just a few centimeters from his fingertips. Baring his teeth, he tried again and again to snatch it up.

What changed things is when Trakadon entered the picture once more, sprinting back into the fray toward Neph's side, twisting its head to bite her torso while she was distracted with Rex. All the while, this gave Rex just enough time to barley grasp the corner of the card between his index and middle finger. Giving a sigh of relief, though having wandered a bit further away from his partner as he would have preferred.

"Okay, as strange as that was..." Rex shook off the event. "I'd like to see you two freaks beat THIS dinosaur! Behold the Jurassic giant that is Two Headed King Rex!!"

The card that shared a name with its owner had begun to materialize in front of him. It was a deep purple color, with scales that seemed tougher than stone. The towering beast stood over three times Rex's height, the twin heads gnawing and gnashing to life.

"Nyhahaha! This king is gonna make mincemeat of you!"

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Taskmaster
The Taskmaster glared at Masaru for a moment. He knew the no-killing types well from his own universe. It wasn't like it mattered here, since they'd just be ressurected like nothing happened. However, he wasn't going to argue with his teammate. He could see it wasn't going to get him anywhere.

"Fine. No killing. But you'd better be hitting hard enough to knock their lights out."

Christ. Even being on the same team as this guy he could copy his moves, but he was doubting the guy could hold his own against a flying sword and Rudolph the shapeshifting reindeer.

Kool Kats
Dreamscape, eh? Troy could dig it. He'd heard of a Dreamland- another plane of existence, similar to the Ethereal Plane. The chic had a good idea, he could give her that. He gave a small nod to signify his agreement.

Irregular Shopkeeper
The Shopkeep was at a loss for words for a moment, but it only took that moment for an idea to generate.

He called back, "Order up! One Irregular Burger!"

He winked as he said it, and in almost no time at all, an arm appeared from the back, clutching a bag. The Regular Cashier took it, and took the wrapped burger out of the bag. He scrawled "IRrEgular BurgEr" across the wrapper in sharpie, before shoving it back in the bag and handing the mislabeled Regular Burger to Dart with a smile.

"There you go, sir! Have a blessed day."

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Uraby was down, while Trakadon managed to narrowly evade the two's attacks. Neph teleported behind Rex to directly mess with him, but the duelist's raptor was quick to follow the Pokémon, disregarding Kirin completely. Guess it was really focused on its target. This left it vulnerable, something the Battle Priestess took advantage of as she got low to the ground, focusing as she gripped her blade-

And she moved like lightning, leaving a series of afterimages in her wake as she dashed to intercept Trakadon, her Fierce Issen Dash in effect. In an instant, a gash would be left on the dinosaur's side, Kirin coming to a stop in between it and Neph, turning on a dime to unleash a flurry of slashes should Trakadon keep on fighting.

Meanwhile, a talisman with a white glow to it was firmly lodged on the ground behind Rex, its purpose unclear...

Pit
And so the match began, the four combatants standing amidst a strange mess of floating platforms, chunks of a lab and angelic clouds. Jeice acted quickly, zooming behind Pit and Minos to attack the latter with a crimson blast. Pit responded with a few shots of his Palutena Bow, homing blue arrows heading for the Ginyu Force member, before the angel shifted his focus to the big head in a chair.

Sprinting in an arc around the brawniest brain, the captain of Palutena's Guard fired a larger, more powerful charged arrow at M.O.D.O.K., waiting to see how his opponent would react.​

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

NEPH

The gardevoir didn't so much as look at the blue dinosaur snarling for her, not because she didn't notice it, nor was she too distracted, but because she knew Kirin had nothing else to do. Predictably, Kirin got in its way, Neph simply stopping her toying with Rex to focus on the actual threat.

Her gaze snapped away, even as "Two-Headed King Rex" appeared (a mouthful was the nicest thing Neph had to say regarding it), and she drifted almost lazily toward Weevil, and his newest summon. The kid was continuing to plot and ploy, and he was clearly setting up some form of counter and trap. She assumed, as well, that whatever this nasty bug feature he'd imbued on her and her companion was, it wouldn't be exclusively cosmetic. She'd be a lot happier with this disgusting freak off the field.

So the Pokémon swiped her hand through the air, attempting to throw the cocoon through the air at Weevil, and smother him under it, nudging it in its trajectory to make up for whatever way he dodged in, tracking him down, before she used Calm Mind again, buffing her special stats further.

M.O.D.O.K.

Jeice sprung into action as the A.I.M. leader looked about at their surroundings, disappointed at the results. This was far from tolerable - his beautiful lab was in ruins! Scattered across this same-y, boring, eye-vomit that was supposed to be "heaven" or something equally as stupid. How unbelievably disgusting.

The Man-Mind continued to input a few codes into his chair, before an arrow struck him. Or rather, a bolt of energy dispersed across a spherical shield, that only appeared as it absorbed the hostile energy, its properties appearing on a display as M.O.D.O.K. brought his screen up again, eyes scanning it over.
"PREDICTABLE," he sighed, before his eyes finally swiveled toward Pit. "YOU AREN'T THE FIRST ANGEL I'LL HAVE KILLED. ONCE I AM THROUGH WITH YOU, I WILL CRUSH YOUR GOD IN MY SCIENTIFIC MIGHT, TOO! DIE HA HA HA HA HA!"

Almost as though it snapped into the proper direction, the Doomsday Chair spun to face Pit, and the charged turrets began to fire, Laser Cannons in standard "red laser" mode, four barrels spitting out five blasts of red energy a second, all blitzing for Pit, some going in the area around him in case he tried dodging. To make matters worse, M.O.D.O.K. would simply turn his chair to focus fire on Pit wherever he attempted to flee too, the Man-Mind's massive grin widening still as he watched on.

DART

"Wow, an Irregular Burger!" Dart exclaimed as the Regular Shopkeeper handed it to him, the mercenary excited for something he had zero clue about, before a voice drew his attention away, mentioning something about being allies.

"Oh hey, Mindripper! Check out this- hang on, what?" He paused, registering Warlock's words. First was the fact that the tournament had begun. Dart's jaw opened wide in shock, before he looked out past the Warlock toward the screen showing the brackets, and the gateway to the battles. Then was the fact that he and his "opponent" were now allies.

Man, that was a bummer. He'd been excited for that fight!

His eyes scanned the list as he unwrapped his burger, before he took a big bite out of it.

Mudkip... and Lucario... Who were those guys? They had portraits next to their names and- oh, the cute little guy who was in here before was now an opponent. Dart swallowed, and took another big bite. Mudkip and Lucario both didn't look near as tough as the Warlock, so his excitement for the fight was a little quelled... before he realized he could see the Warlock in action. That'd be enough to tide him over until they REALLY fought!

With his third bite, Dart finished the burger, and turned his head to look at Warlock. "Whaf am foo wafin fob leff bo!" He tried to encourage his new ally, mouth full. It roughly translated to "What are you waiting for, let's go!"

With that, Dart took off at a sprint for the gateway, swallowing the burger, before he stopped and turned back to the shop. "Thanks for the Irregular Burger, it was great!" He waved to the Shopkeeper, before turning back and sprinting toward the gate again.

Weevil Underwood

As psychic energy began to form around the Cocoon of Evolution, Weevil's eyes widened in panic.
"Oh no! My Cocoon! What am I going to do?!" Weevil exclaimed, before his panic turned to a sinister grin. "Oh yeah. THIS!"
Weevil's face down card flipped up to reveal another spell, a green card depicting various bugs colliding against a barrier of energy. In that moment, the same golden energy stripes appeared between Weevil's Cocoon of Evolution and Neph's psychic energy. The psychic energy was dispelled, leaving the Cocoon remaining in the same place as it was before.

"Nice try, but no cigar! My Insect Barrier spell card makes it so my opponent's insects can't attack me or my monsters! And thanks to your friends Parasite, that includes you! Kyahaha!" Weevil laughed triumphantly. The Cocoon began to pulse, and grew slightly as Weevil drew another card.

"In the meantime, I'll keep up the pressure. Go, Basic Insect!" Weevil said, summoning another monster. A large bug, like a large praying mantis, appeared. Weevil pointed to Kirin. "Attack!"
The massive insect flew towards Kirin, attempting to slash at the Battle Priestess while she was distracted fighting Trakadon.

comic

NEPH

She tilted her head slightly to the side. If his words were true (and he did like to explain his strategies as it stood), then quite literally, Weevil AND his summons were invulnerable to both her and Kirin. Was this indefinite? Or was there a loophole? Her eyes darted this way and that, scanning the room, before she came to a conclusion.

< Very well, > her voice materialized in only Weevil's mind. < Know that you are not invincible. >

She raised an arm, and a dozen or so plates and sheets of metal began to tear away from the ground between them. She couldn't attack him, or his summons.

But the environment was not an extension of her. All she had to do... was nudge it along, like the tree branch earlier.

She telekinetically pushed the sheets toward not just the Basic Insect, which was threatened to get cut apat by the thin and sharp metallic projectiles, but many were aimed directly for Weevil himself as well, before the gardevoir swiveled on the spot, and summoned Psychic, powered by a factor of two, enhanced by STAB, and lashed the fuchsia waves out toward King Rex, aiming to psychically shred the dinosaur where it stood.

Rex Raptor

Trakadon shrieked as it was struck on the side, the dinosaur using the pain and anger as fuel to continue sprinting forward, somehow faster than before. That's when Kirin appeared before the Dino's destination, attacking with her blade in quick succession that delivered an swift end to the Raptor.

But that was Raptor. It was time for the Rex.

Laying a facedown card on the field, the dinosaur tamer gave a hearty, if not snide laugh before pointing downrange at the pair.

"Look at that! A head for each of you! Rex! Twin Dino Flame!"

Smoke poured out of the nostrils of the giant purple creature, the dinosaur flaring it's wings before pillars of charcoal smelling fire plumed out, the smoke being jet black and unusually hard to see through, like it was suffocating just to look at. The flame pillar striking at gardevoir was temporarily abaited, but began to be pushed back as her attack proved to be quite powerful, more than expected. But her attack wasn't long standing while Rex's was, so as the fire pillar continued to fight and get pushed back, the psychic waves soon dissipated. This gave her room for action, but soon the flame pillar would catch up and torch her.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Weevil's gloating reached Kirin's ears. That "Insect Barrier" meant their attacks couldn't harm Weevil or his summons, which immediately made the situation a lot worse. Much like Neph, the Battle Priestess's mind got to work, figuring there'd be some sort of trick to this---these kids were playing a card game, and every game had rules and counterplay. There had to be a way out.

Her eyes landed on the still-active Parasite Paracide not far from Rex. That thing was the one behind this transformation of theirs. Could it be destroyed? She had to try.

The Two-Headed King Rex turned towards the two part-insects, wings flapping before it fired a stream of flame at them. The fire quickly washed over Kirin's spot, engulfing it entirely, but once the stream relented, there would be no charred body to be found. Only a faint electric stream flowing along the ground, zipping this way and that---ending right behind Rex, where Kirin had Arc Chained to thanks to her talisman.

She would quickly slash at the boy's Duel Disk in an attempt to break it, following up by slamming a boot into the duelist's back. Regardless of the result, the Adept of Radiant Fetters would run straight for the nearby Parasite Paracide, swinging her blade at it once within range, hoping it would break the curse cast upon them.​

Pit
A barrier? That was definitely no good. M.O.D.O.K. fired back with a seemingly endless stream of red lasers, forcing Pit to leap upwards and avoid getting blasted, wings flapping a couple times to bring him higher into the air.

Thank goodness he'd learned how to double jump in Smash.

The Power of Flight activated as Pit swapped to his Guardian Orbitars, zipping over the Man-Mind as more and more shots followed him. He eventually slowed down, grabbing onto a dangling wire and letting out a charge shot, two shield-shaped barriers manifesting in front of Pit. M.O.D.O.K.'s shots would be returned to their sender upon contact with it, buying Pit a little time to get some aid.
"That shield encompasses him from all sides," Palutena remarked. "Not even the chair is left exposed."

"How do I get through it?"

"Your attacks can't get past it, but I sensed it growing a little weaker when you shot it. Try different weapons to figure out a weakness, then overpower it."

Rex Raptor

Wha? Where did she-

Hearing a sudden burst of air behind him, Rex was to flip around to face it. Mid flip however, a slash came up up to strike the duel disk. Since he was turning to the left, the device had just enough distance between the slash to not suffer catastrophic damage, however, it did skin Rex's arm and cause a nasty gash in the side of the duel disk, exposing some of the inner components.

"Ngh!" Rex exclaimed, looking to the red blotch on his sleeve. "What did you-?!"

Pow!

"Agh!"

Rex was kicked to the ground, landing amongst the overgrown laboratory tiles. But before Kirin could go off to her next objective, the tree trunk of a tail belonging to Two Headed King Rex swept in to toss her into a jagged piece of broken wall, hoping to knock the wind out of her and create a nice Kirin shaped crater in it. All the while, the second head began to focus along with the first on Neph, quite literally turning up the heat!

Last edited:

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Kragg was seemingly a bug of very few words, simply stating that he fought guarding what he called The Great Rock Wall." Noah wasn't exactly sure that all meant, but it made Kragg seem like a noble warrior, but formidable opponent. This definitely wasn't going to be a simple fight to win. Before Noah could ask more about Kragg's home, the hand that had summoned the fighters here arrived again in a snap, explaining how this tournament would work. Well that washes away all those worries. Noah thought to himself with a relieved sigh. Turning back to the bug, he chuckled lightly. "I'm actually much more used to fighting with others, so I guess this for the best."

Admittedly, Noah wished he had scoped out the line up of fighters, thinking there might have been a more suitable partner for him, but for now, he's much happier fighting with Kragg than against him. "I guess we should go meet up with whoever it is we'll be facing."

With that said, Noah started to make his way over to where the battle arenas were selected. There he saw the pair he and Kragg would be facing, a certainly... Unique pair to say the least. Both appeared to be young men, not all that different than Noah himself. He approached, trying to keep a friendly smile on his face. "Hello there, I assume you're Chai and Cayman. Nice to meet you both, my name is Noah." He simply offered his hand to them, curious to see how they react. From handshake alone Noah was able to get an idea of Kragg's character, he was hoping to achieve the same here.

Chai

"Huh. Still lines up." He remarked to peppermint before clearing his throat. "Yeah you got that right. He's the Cayman and I'm the Chai...man?"

Extending his robotic arm to shake Noah's, he took the grip and pointed at himself with his free, organic hand. All the while the feline like robot squinted at this interaction, clearly finding something suspicious.

"Take it you are this Noah guy I've been hearing so much about. Huh, I thought you'd be a little taller."

Weevil Underwood

The bug duelist sneered at the Pokemon when she claimed he was not invincible. Just she try. And try she did, as pointed and sharp debris began to fall around him. Weevil ran to the cover of his Cocoon of Evolution, hiding beneath the creature as razor pieces of the stage rained down. The pieces that struck the cocoon merely bounced off its tough hide. His Basic Insect, however, was not as durable. The raining debris impaled the bug creature, and it let out a shriek of pain as it exploded into pixels and disappeared. Weevil drew another card.

"Tch. Looks like I can't do much. I guess I'll just set two card face down then." Weevil said. Next to the Cocoon of Evolution, a massive face-down duel monsters card appeared. The Cocoon of Evolution continued to grow and pulse, with the sounds of movement coming from inside!

Parasite Paracide

The small bug duel monster stood where it was dutifully summoned, watching the duel unfold. Parasite Paracide had seen a few duels before, but this one was by far the strangest. It was used to being summoned and then being left alone, that wasn't the weird part. The weird part was watching its duelist charge in and attack the monsters herself! How bizarre! Still, she had not yet given him any orders. So the bug monster hovered in place, waiting for any command from Kirin.

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
Noah of course has noticed the robotic arm of Chai's, its kind of hard to miss. He dropped the handshake after a few seconds, looking from Chai's robot arm, back up to his face. Noah assumed that arm would likely be the source of Chai's abilities, possibly some enhanced strength? No doubt some other powers, but there was no way Chai would spill the beans about that before the fight began.

"That's me yeah, and this is my new partner Kragg." He gestured towards the bug creature. "I guess if we're all here now, we can get ready to fight. I saw you were using that terminal there, selecting our arena?" Noah approached the device where the battlegrounds were selected, curious to see what Chai had selected.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Kragg
The hairless ape seemed content with the fact they were to be on the same team, was the reaction the beetle was hoping for. Noah left Kragg to go for the gate, and so Kragg wandered after him, not having much else to do. Before walking into the gate, he adopted a tough guy demeanor, which wasn't hard to do with his intimidating build. He wasn't expecting friendliness from his foes when he entered, so he was taken aback when he saw his ally shaking hands with their opponent. Kragg watched wordlessly as Chai cracked a joke. Clearly, the Wallrunner was inexperienced with friendly combat with strangers like this. As Noah introduced him, Kragg gave a small, shy wave as greetings.

"Please select a stage."

A voice rung out, calling Kragg's attention. It came from a computer bearing one green and one red light. The arthropod had no desire to choose the stage, and so looked to Noah for an answer.

comic

NEPH

Interesting... it could persist in its Flamethrower attack. This was absolutely unlike any Pokémon she'd ever experienced. While her psychic pushed back hard, nearly slashing right through the flames to the dinosaur's throat, it continued to fire, pushing through it. This was far from "fair," being able to summon multiple monsters, use unending attacks...

This was exactly the challenge she'd come here seeking.

If her trainer could see her now. It'd reinvigorate that fighting spirit within him, she was sure of it. Hopefully Master Hand recorded these.

Thinking quickly, the gardevoir raised both of her arms, and what seemed to be a black hole emerged between her palms, rapidly expanding... but this was not her "black hole" technique that her kind was infamous for. Rather, she was using her psychic prowess to open an unstable, temporary portal, which swelled enough to cover her, sucking in the flames headed for it -

And the flames were spit back out by an exit portal, which sat over the cocoon Weevil was so keen on having, threatening to douse both it AND the hiding Weevil in flames from his own ally. Fire licked at the edges of the portal, and Neph shied away from it, reminded of her current and unfavorable bug typing. Such a portal was draining, and too keep it up much longer would be detrimental in the long term, so she was forced to close it in only a few seconds, telekinetically picking herself up to "spring" herself through the air and out of the immediate path of the flames, finding her offensive options mostly limited.

Rex seemed to really like this current monster, and Weevil's little scheme with the cocoon had her on edge. If she could continue to find methods to damage the thing... she could force Weevil's plans to crumble.

M.O.D.O.K.

"HUH?"

Some of his shots were reflected back, fizzling out against his active shield, forcing M.O.D.O.K. to cease fire, smoke rising from the four barrels. They'd need a second to cool down, but if the properties of that reflection were right... his lasers had picked up traces of their signature upon being redirected, and when dispersed upon his shield, he'd collected that fragmented data, which now flickered across his screen.

If his calculations were correct (and they always were), he'd need to use blue lasers against those shields. It would counterbalance for their reflective properties, and instead, those shields would gradually absorb those shots until exploding from the collected energy. What a genius plan! While he waited for the lasers to cool down, he pressed a couple buttons on his pad, the top of his Doomsday Chair sliding open to reveal a condensed silo of 14 missiles.

"I HAVE AN ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE ALREADY," the Man-Mind taunted. "YOU WOULD BE WISE TO SUCCUMB TO MY SUPERIOR INTELLECT NOW. IT WILL SPARE YOU THE COMING PAIN!"

The missiles fired, spinning up into the air, before changing direction and zipping toward Pit, each one just as fast as the lasers that had previously been fired.

Chai

"This is my new partner, Kragg."

Kragg, who was rather sizable yet silent, slowly raised a rocky hand. It gave a stoic yet awkward wave. Chai looked around the room, unsure how to respond to a bug sumo wrestler looking dude giving him such a gesture.

"Uhh...eh...he?"

He waved his robotic hand in a similarly awkward fashion, only snapped out of this increasingly socially inept exchange by Noah, who asked him a question, ready to fight. Chai pointed up at the AI, which had one green glowing light and one red glowing light on it.

"Oh yeah? This guy up there can like, speak to you in your mind. It's like, really freaky. But you say where you wanna go and I think it's supposed to...take us there? Come to think of it, I'm not sure how it's gonna work if our teams picked different locations...huh."

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Kirin got some damage on the Duel Disk, not quite the full destruction she was aiming for. Before she could get away, however, a massive tail swung her way, catching the Battle Priestess off guard as she was sent flying, slamming into the nearby wall quite painfully, one of the pieces of jagged wall leaving a gash along her side.

She needed a moment to recover from that one, but she could see that both of King Rex's heads were focusing their attacks on Neph, threatening to overwhelm her defenses, though the Pokémon managed to redirect the attack for a bit. Kirin moved off the wall with a grunt, focusing for a second before throwing a series of infused talismans at the twin-headed dinosaur, reaching max stack in seconds.

Beside enabling her Arc Chain, Kirin's talismans were imbued with her Radiant Fetters Septima, which granted the user the ability to cast seals. While her target wasn't an Adept, she could still weaken it as much as possible, something that would become apparent as King Rex's power output began to drop. Not quite enough to cause its attack to cease, but it would give Neph an easier time dealing with the onslaught.

It was here that Kirin resumed her sprint towards the unmoving Parasite Paracide, aiming to cleave it in half once close to hopefully make its effects go away.​

Cayman
Their opponents finally arrived! Cayman's smile grew at this, feeling his excitement grow further. Noah was the one to talk first, introducing himself politely, giving Chai a handshake.

"He may not be tall, but I sense a manly spirit within him!" The Adept added onto Chai's words, additionally giving the rock beetle a wave and a thumbs up, respecting the Wallrunner's strong but silent approach. Noah then examined the map-selecting machine, Chai confirming its purpose, to which Cayman nodded.

"Indeed. Now make your pick so we can get on with this battle! I can't wait any longer!"
Pit
Missiles came his way next, forcing Pit to let go of the cable and drop to the ground, switching weapons again, two claw-like weapons manifesting around his hands: Tiger Claws. These increased his speed a lot, the angel sprinting directly at M.O.D.O.K.

Once he got near the area where he figured the edge of the momentarily invisible shield was, Pit swung both claws, forming an X, perfoming a dash melee attack. If everything went according to plan, he'd glance along the edge of the force field and end up on the other side of the Man-Mind.

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
It seems time for conversation was now over. As the white-haired strange man clad in alien armour struck poses out of one reason or another, Minos simply nodded in his direction. He wasn't about to go easy on them, that was for sure. And they'd now be the first prime examples of why you shouldn't taunt a secret boss.

" Thy taunts are but a waste of breath! Step forward, warrior.. and face thy death with dignity! "

Even with the stranger now flying up and over his head, Minos followed his movements with an iron gaze - as much of an iron gaze as the void that was the hole in his cranium could muster. Not even the launch of the energy blast could make him even so much as flinch as it drew closer to Minos, ever so edging closer to landing its mark more and more.. until..

DING!

A quick jab on the manifested spirit's end impacted against the blast, sending it back the way to its shooter with a swift parry that involved him just straight up punching the thing back to Jeice. However, he would not let up this easily.

Whichever way Jeice would take to this incoming blast, Minos now crouched, preparing himself to leap up and strike this man back to the ground with a downwards kick, then preparing to pursuit with the technique involving dropping straight down and landing with one fist and a kneel, which would have caused an explosion on impact. Both moves would've had to simultaneously caused spiritual serpents to be projected for that extra range the moment the swings were thrown out.

Rex Raptor

Gardevoir created a gateway that went...somewhere? Rex, who was slowly getting up, observed this. ...Wow. What a USELESS attack! Ha! She must be desperate! Let's tear her limb from limb!

"King Rex, focus your fire and get to stomping that flower lady!"

The dinosaur roared, stomping forward slowly and steadily, the flames getting more and more intense as it emitted from its gullets. The flames became brighter and hotter, some grass on the ground near the portal lighting on fire from constant proximity of the flames. As the dinosaur grew closer, Gardevoir gave up on the portal and darted out, noticeably weary. This wasn't going to stop him! The Dinosaur just swept it's heads to follow her, not giving her any second of reprieve, flames quickly catching up to her!

However, during this trek, some odd sigils began to appear around Two Headed King Rex. As some kind of energy began to emit from them, Rex Raptor cast his hand up.

"I don't think so! Reveal trap card! Jurassic heart!" He shouted, the trap revealing itself. "If there's a dirty trick of yours that specifically targets one dinosaur I got, then King Rex not only gets to negate it, but he destroys whatever was trying to stop him! Nice try, but shove off! Nyah ha ha!!"

Flexing his wings, a strong wing beat from the dinosaur released some kind of red energy that shattered the sigils that attempted to do something to him. Looks like Kirin wasn't going to stop the twin rex's dual assault!

Last edited:
Weevil Underwood

"YEOUCH!" Weevil exclaimed as the burning flames from King Rex's attack suddenly rained down on his monster. Weevil quickly ran out of the way, patting out a few of the embers that were landing on him. The flames that struck the Cocoon however, simply burned away and did not seem to catch! It's defense was too high for only part of the dinosaur's attack to break it open.
"Watch it, you archaic animal lover! You're lucky your Twin-Head Dino dork is so weak!" Weevil yelled over at Rex.

The bug duelist drew another card, but the flames weren't dying down. In fact, they were getting more intense! If this kept up, his beautiful bug would be cooked! Weevil scowled, looking through his hand. No. No! There was nothing in here to stop it!
"Rex, you idiot! Stop those flames!" Weevil yelled at Rex.

Parasite Paracide

Surprisingly, his new duelist was able to survive a direct hit from the Twin-Headed King Rex! Wow! The insect monster had never seen a duelist that tough before. The girl threw things at the dinosaur before continuing to run back towards the insect monster. Was she finally about to start dueling normally?

In a sudden slash, the Parasite Paracide was slashed at by Kirin's blade! The insect monster let out a screech, but it was one of surprise, not one of pain. A strange green magic surrounded the insect, protecting it from Kirin's attack. From his hiding spot, Weevil laughed.
"Kyahaha! You chump, did you really think it would be that easy? My Reckless Parasite card also protects Parasite Paracide from you! You can't destroy it!" Weevil called over to Kirin.

The Parasite Paracide jumped back to its feet. It once again looked expectantly to Kirin, read for any order she should give. If her attempt to kill it had offended it, the duel monster sure didn't show it.

Jeice

Small beams of blue energy, shaped as arrows, struck Jeice. The Red Magma shielded his face, but otherwise tanked the hits and didn't seem too hurt by them. The angel boy moved fast, impressively so. As did King Minos. Somehow, the creature deflected Jeice's attack back at him! Jeice dodged to the side, avoiding his own energy blast.

But suddenly, King Minos was here besides him! Such speed! The massive man kicked Jeice, sending him flying towards the ground. Jeice barely managed to stop himself, and desperately threw himself aside just in time to dodge the follow-up punch and knee attack. The explosion from the attack knocked Jeice back to one of the edges of the lab, almost sending him falling.
"What the hell?! No way a power level like yours should- RRRAUGH!" Jeice exclaimed.

Jeice flew towards Minos, aiming a flurry of punches and kicks at the man!

DevVoid

His foe was strong indeed. And fast, too. To have avoided his superman-esque drop like that and have the endurance to keep fighting was impressive, but it would not intimidate the former King. After all, he had a tourney to win. And then, his foe came back at him once again, now flying towards him with what Minos presumed was the intent to go for close quarters.

Big mistake, as Jeice would find himself with not a punch, but a (quite literal) explosive dropkick flying his way, spectral snakes following above and below Minos' figure, as was usual with his attacks and the explosive part arriving on impact should his attack land. Minos himself uttered but but one word with a stern and merciless tone, as is befitting of someone who had once been the Judge of the Dead themselves.

" JUDGEMENT! "

comic

NEPH

Kirin was quick to draw the ire of some heat (quite literally) allowing the gardevoir to cover the needed distance, drifting further back. The flames indeed caught up with her, and she winced as they ate away at her health, but thanks to the double whammy of two Calm Mind buffs, her special defense allowed her to bring down the super effective damage to mostly normal- but that didn't mean it didn't sting.

Still, she managed to get far enough away, even passing the cowering Weevil (the flames returning to try and cook the cocoon and Weevil in their peripherie - less direct, but still existent). Once she'd covered enough distance, she drifted back to the ground, sure to use Calm Mind a third time, nearing her stacking limit with it. One more time, and she'd have enough power to start doing what she'd been planning since Weevil had revealed his "immunity" to her.

Just to do something to aid the now-distant Kirin, the gardevoir held up her hand after brushing a few small embers out on her arms, and fired a few standard psychic blasts from her palm to pelt at the King Rex. At worst, it would chip at its health, so it shouldn't be terribly useless, just enough to dwindle its life down a bit, her eyes darting toward Weevil to keep track of him, trying to probe his mind for any valuable information, anything to use while-

Oh. It wasn't hard to find, on the forefront of his confusing mind as he spoke loudly over the raging fire to Kirin. No digging required, which would have been detrimental in a combat situation anyway.

< Kirin. The creature is yours to command. Get King Rex to destroy it. >

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Kirin
Her seals were cancelled out by Rex's Jurassic Heart, and Weevil's Insect Barrier prevented Kirin from destroying the parasite in front of her. Not good. She frowned at this, turning her focus to King Rex and the approaching Neph, readying another series of infused talismans.

"Dang it... what are we supposed to-"

< Kirin. The creature is yours to command. Get King Rex to destroy it. >

"Ohhh."

She looked down at the Parasite Paracide, her demeanor towards the creature shifting a little from her earlier aggression.

"Sorry buddy, I got a little... confused back there. You see that dinosaur? He might look big and mean, but you're even meaner! Go ahead and attack it!" The Adept exclaimed, hyping it up a little. Strangely enough, she felt a bit attached to it now, gross as it was. Now she felt bad for sending it out to die...

There was a brief reminder of her bond with GV, and it hurt a bit.

But she had to keep on fighting.

Rex Raptor

"Wha- WHO YOU CALLIN' WEAK?!" He yelled back at weevil. "Shut your fly trap! King Rex has got it all handled! Stop wetting your pants and do something!"

Two-Headed King Rex continued to track Gardevoir, the flames hot(Sorry) on her trail. When she rested to use Calm Mind, the flames shot all around her, though moments later, three psychic blasts were fired. Two of them fighting the pillar of flames, driving them back as the spheres started to decay, while the third broke the stance of the dinosaur, staggering the creature as it impacted between the heads.

The King Rex stopped breathing flames, shaking its snouts in an attempt to mitigate the pain. They snarled, tail beating aggressively like a drum against the ground. Rex Raptor, who just switched to paying attention once more, gritting his teeth as he drew a card. Not exactly too useful at the moment. He had to focus on this monster before summoning other ones to divide his attention between.

"You think that'll be enough to stop us? Ha! throw those all day! Doesn't matter how much you fight, prey always ends up torn to shreds by a predator! Like this! King Rex, attack!!!!"

King Rex lunged forward, breaking out into a thundering charge that shook the lab with every step. Both heads would try and bit down on his for while his arms would grip her in place. The bounding of his body would swat most others aside or trample them in his ferocity.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ryuji
Saved it. Ryuji knew he was as smooth as they come.
But that wasn't all. Ryuji blinked dumbly as he listened to Nott explain her weapon, calling it a name he could not hope to remember, much less pronounce. Luckily, he got the main point down.
"So, a teleporty spear?" Ryuji repeated. "Cool! I'll keep that in mind, thanks."
With that, he entered the arch, entering an unending white voice, with only a device in front of them.
"What is your preferred map?" it asked.
"Uhhh...is this thing asking for a map?" Ryuji asked, confused. Normally they were the ones looking for a map first. "Cause I ain't got one."
He heard the familiar sound of someone sighing at his expense, before Oracle spoke.
"No, it's asking if where you want to fight in." she explained.
"Fight in?" Ryuji asked, beginning to understand. "You mean, like Mementos?"
"That could be an option, yes." Oracle confirmed.
"Ohhh..." Ryuji nodded slowly, before turning towards Nott. "You got any ideas?"

Magolor
"Good, I think we'll get along fine." Magolor said with an unseeable smile.
Now, as for this map the device asked for....
"If you have no preference, I would offer Nutty Noon as our arena. It has a great view...unless you're afraid of heights."

Audrey
As the light turned green to signify the agreement, Audrey smirked once more.
"Good, you do have some sense to agree with me." She laughed, before looking across to try and see the other team. "Well, those two don't look so tough." She added, underestimating her opponents and overestimating herself. "I mean, look at that dumb looking mask, it looks like a monster's face!" She added with another laugh. It wasn't a big laugh, rather a smaller, somehow polite one.

The Warlock

The Warlock didn't even attempt to hide his scowl towards Dart, rolling his eyes.
"I was waiting for you." He sneered in response to Dart's food-smothered speak. He merely waved off the Regular Shopkeeper as the Dragoon began to sprint to the gateway out of 'politeness', following the human there.

"This will be easy. Pray tell you do not disappoint me after all your posturing of 'facing another god'." He warned Dart, shaking his head as psychic energy flowed around his body.

"What is your preferred map?" The Elder's Chosen heard the voice of a computer, similar to the voice of the Codex in ADVENT's security, or like that AI he'd heard in that one robot XCOM kept deploying.
"Map, as in area..." He mused on that for a moment, before turning to Dart. "I, of course, can handle any arena. Do you have anywhere you need?" It was almost backhanded, in a way.

Weevil Underwood

Weevil drew another card, setting it on his duel disk. 'Do something', Rex said. Hmf. Don't worry, he'll be 'doing something' real soon. At least the attacks from Neph stopped King Rex's flames from burning his Cocoon to a crisp. But for now, he would bide his time. The Cocoon continued to writhe and pulse, having grown quite large by now. It was almost time...

Parasite Paracide

The insect duel monster looked up to Kirin. His duelist. She was commanding him to attack the Twin-Headed King Rex. Parasite Paracide was no powerful monster, even if his duelist said he was stronger. Perhaps she had a way powering him up. Perhaps not. It was not important. Whether he defeated the dinosaur, or the dinosaur defeated him, if this is what his duelist needed him to do in order to win, the insect monster would obey.

With a screech, Parasite Paracide launched itself at Twin-Heade King Rex. It lashed out with its tendrils, attempting to slash the massive dinosaur.

Jeice

King Minos lashed out with a powerful drop kick, which Jeice attempted to counter with a kick of his own. The explosive shockwave blasted Jeice back, the strange beams of blue energy that followed barely missing the red skinned alien. He skidded along the cloudy ground, crashing through tech equipment but starting down King Minos. It didn't make sense! The scouter was going crazy, rapidly changing it's reading of power levels of King Minos from high to low. The bloody thing must be bugged.

"Take this! Hrah!" Jeice exclaimed. The member of the Ginyu Force flew up once again, blasting the king with a flurry of energy beams!

Nótt

When the pair reached the archway, Nótt found their opponents already waiting for them. A woman dressed in red with black hair and a sword at her side. She reminded Nótt of a few of the members of the Order of Heroes the Askr Kingdom had. And another one, a strange man with a sword at his side. Nótt noticed the man's unusually sharp teeth, and the strange fashion choice of a tie on his head.

The woman with the blade was Audrey Redheart, which meant the man was Troy. But wasn't Troy partnered with another? The announcement had said 'Troy and Allison'. Audrey spoke out, making fun of Ryuji's mask. Nótt merely smiled down at Audrey. It was a polite smile, but behind it was a hidden hardness. A hidden, rising excitement for the upcoming battle. Nótt looked to Troy next.
"Are you missing one?" Nótt asked Troy.

Nótt turned her attention back to Ryuji. Or Skull, as he called himself, and looked up to the floating device as well. Ryuji asked her opinion on where she would like to fight.
"Hm." Nótt said, thinking for a moment. "If I could choose, I would like to fight at the Night Temple. It is my stronghold in Jötunheimr, I know it well."

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog
”Heh, you got it!” Sonic said, returning the bro fist with a smirk and a wink. The two friends had always wondered who would win if they ever fought and now they had the chance to finally find out! Looking around at the other contestants around them with an impatient look on his face. “What’s takin’ these other guys so long?” He said with a frown, despite the fact that he had literally chosen his opponent not 10 seconds ago. “Picking a fight ain’t that hard.”

As if on cue, Master Hand then appeared once more and announced a plot twist: their opponents would actually be their teammates in 2 on 2 battles! “Aw, dude!” Sonic put his arms out in front of him in an exasperated manner. “Talk about bogus…” He said with his arms crossed in a salty manner. The hedgehog loved fighting with his pal but he literally just did that!

“Welp,” He turned to NiGHTS. “Guess it’s you and me again, purple! Let’s show these guys what we’re about!” Sonic gave his pal a thumbs-up and wink, smiling all the while.
@Shen: King of Digimon

Aegislash
A mythical Pokémon? Interesting. Aegislash had heard of these fearsome creatures but he never would have guessed that the small animal in front of him was one. What was it the humans said? Something about books and covers. The Royal Sword Pokémon intended to respond but was cut short as the host of this tournament made himself known again and announced that their presumed opponents would actually be their teammates. Odd.

Aegislash followed suit as Shaymin shifted forms and flew into the gate, neither of them speaking as they wordlessly hovered into it. They found themselves in a white void, crowd already in the stands, and two lights in the air, only one of which was lit up. The light for their team had yet to light up since they had not chosen a map. Turning to his ally, who was in the stands for some reason, Aegislash spoke telepathically.

“You should choose a location, I am fine with fighting at any venue.“ The sword transmitted his message before shooting a calculating glance over to the other team: a man in a skull mask and a martial arts specialist. Both human, this would be easy.
@DevVoid
Jevil
“Heehee, oh sweet boy! Back then, that was the only way to win the game! Luckily for you,” The jester booped the boy’s nose. “There are now more—“

”Jevil. You, me. Fight.”

The darkener was interrupted by a tall woman who appeared to be a warrior. Now that he thought about it, he recognized her from the previous tournament as well. It was like a high school reunion! Jevil turned his head an unnatural amount of degrees to look at Kassandra. “Hoho, such excitement to play! Well, if you truly are that eager, what more is there to say?” He said dismissively, waving his hand in a “psshaw“ motion.

However, when Master Hand revealed his deception, Jevil smiled. He teleported behind Kassandra and slowly rose up from behind, peering above her shoulder. “Heeeheeeheeeee. Looks like you and I will be playing co-op this time around!”
@comic

Inkling “Blue”
“Woooah…” Blue got onto his tippy toes to lightly tap the metal bird’s talons as it flew onto Dagr’s arm as she explained what it was. Looking up to Dagr with stars in his eyes, the Inkling did a small hop in the air from excitement. “This thing is totally fresh!” He said with glee, apparently very fond of that particular adjective. “So if this guy’s been with you your whole life, does that—“

The teen’s undoubtedly riveting question was interrupted by Master Hand, who announced that their enemies would actually be their teammates. “Wait, but I didn’t even pick an enemy!” Blue said, putting his head on his hands on his head. However, Hand had apparently solved that problem for him and paired him with Dagr by default. The woman already made note of this herself and extended a hand down to the Inkling, going as far as to give him a nickname that he was quite fond of!

”Woah, awesome!” Blue said, accepting her handshake. “If your pet is this cool I can’t wait to see how cool you are while we win our match!”
@Captain Cardboard

NiGHTS

The purple Nightmaren shrugged, clearly unbothered by the sudden revelation. Pulling their arms behind their head and crossing their legs in the air, NiGHTS closed her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Ah, don't sweat it, Needlemouse." NiGHTS teased, opening one eye at him. "After all, we could use a warm up, don't you think? Race you to the portal~"

It was time to go. NiGHTS took off with a bound, twirling into the rift in the center of the plaza.

comic

M.O.D.O.K.

The annoying kid charged at him, and he darted forward, the rockets exploding behind him, nearly shattering the platform. He also became a furry while he was at it. Not as bad as Black Panther, but it still displeased M.O.D.O.K. nonetheless. He darted by, flashing along a quick melee strike. The shields flared to life as the Man-Mind turned with him, gritting his teeth. Surely he hadn't used melee out of desperation... had he been given some form of hint? And why wasn't he quipping back!?

"INSOLENT LITTLE BRAT! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ENGAGE IN HOSTILE BANTER WITH ME, HAVEN'T YOU EVER BEEN IN A REAL FIGHT BEFORE!?"

His turrets had sufficiently charged back up, and now this time, began to fire their blue lasers, tracking Pit just as he'd done when he'd fired the red ones, though this time, M.O.D.O.K. leaned forward slightly, the gem on his forehead flashing, before firing an arcing beam of volatile psychic energy, zipping through the air, tracking Pit as fast as M.O.D.O.K. could think (which was statistically faster than he could move), splitting about almost like lightning as it gravitated to strike Pit, curving around any physical barriers he'd manifest, and if dodged, it would snap back on track and continue to close in regardless. It required more finesse than simple blocking and dodging, a finesse M.O.D.O.K. didn't believe Pit possessed.

NEPH

Kirin was quick on the gardevoir's advice, calling upon the ugly critter to do her bidding, hopefully distracting King Rex as he charged forward, stomping along to close the distance. The Pokémon smirked at Weevil as she hovered onto the other side of his cocoon, which had swollen far too large for King Rex to simply walk around in the somewhat narrow hall. It would either have to go through it... or switch its focus.

The boys didn't seem to like one another very much, and from what she'd gathered, they were something of rivals.

Maybe that could be exploited... Neph wasn't the most accustomed to manipulation of any sort, she'd been raised in battle with a far more heavy hand, but it was never too late to try something new.

< Rex Raptor, > she projected her voice into the dinosaur duelists mind. < This is... your conscience speaking. I am... Lady Rex... >

Ugh, trying to appeal to him already was grating and awkward.

< I have a warning for you. Weevil intends to use this bug of his to slay your King Rex, and defeat your opponents AND you. You're the strongest one here, Rex, > As if, < You're the only one who can stop him. >

She could feel a skepticism emerge from his mind, and quickly followed up with, < You were going to ask how you can trust a voice in your head? I am the... forgotten goddess of... dinosaurs... And I have chosen you, Rex Raptor, to prove how superior dinosaurs are! >

Man, she was really going on a limb with this one. No way would it work.

DART

"Hm..." Dart stroked his chin, deep in thought for a moment. He could have sworn he heard Warlock mutter "don't hurt yourself" under his breath. "Well, I don't really need anywhere, but if I had to pick a cool place to fight, I suppose... Ooo, maybe Hellena Prison? That place is like a giant anthill, but it's actually a prison. For people, there's no ants."

Come to think of it, it would be cool to see Seles. Maybe then Shana and their son Lavitz could watch him fight in the tournament. If that's how these arena things worked, at least. Maybe it wouldn't. Hellena Prison might be best, in that case.

KASSANDRA

"Ugh, don't piss yourself out of excitement," the misthios rolled her eyes following Jevil's comment. So this tournament would be different... it already was quite a bit unusual compared to the one she'd experienced before, but she didn't dislike it. It was a nice change of pace. She placed her palm against Jevil's face, and shoved him away from her before she started walking toward the gateway. "Let's get this over with. You better not slow me down, either."

Needless to say, she wasn't at all digging the concept of fighting the jester. In fact, it annoyed her so much that she actually forgot to check who their opponents were before entering the gateway.

Oh well, she preferred being surprised.

And surprised she was.

Last edited:

Rex Raptor

"On the run? HA! Quit stallin' and get back here!!"

The King Rex pounded against the ground with it's mighty footsteps, whirring around to try and chase gardevoir as it flew toward Weevil's side of the field. During this, it seemed the time began to slow down, as a voice was heard in his head.

< Rex Raptor, > a voice in his head spoke. < This is... your conscious speaking. I am... Lady Rex... >

< Uhhh...wat. Sure you ain't the map thingy? Cause that could also speak in your head like this.>

The voice continued. < I have a warning for you. Weevil intends to use this bug of his to slay your King Rex, and defeat your opponents AND you. You're the strongest one here, Rex, > As if, < You're the only one who can stop him. >

<Eh? He's plotting against me? Heh...of course I knew that! ...What kinda bug do you mean?>

That's when Parasite Paracide tackled the large Dino he commanded, tentacles wrapping around it's though, the drill like front working to drill into the flesh. The dinosaur slowed down, hissing as the insect intercepted it. Rex paused for a moment, thinking this over.

<Heh...heheheheh! Is that the insect you meant? I'm afraid that you are sorely mistaken. That card can only be commanded by the enemy who drew it! That was a nice try to trick me...now get out of my head...>

"
Kirin!"

The King rex ripped the insect off of his thigh, crushing it within its grasp. The monster turned to face Kirin, its charcoal breath leaking from its nostrils. It seemed he blamed Kirin for being the voice in his head! The dinosaur changed targets, swelling up a thick plume of smoke before blasting the shrouded flames all over towards her!

comic

NEPH

Ugh, this kid was thick-headed. He'd mistaken which dumb bug she meant.

< No, I was talking about the thing growing in the cocoon, > she replied to Rex. < He's going to use it to destroy King Rex. >

She could feel what felt like a wing twitching in frustration on her back, and reflexively scrunched her shoulders up in disgust at the feeling.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Mudkip
The other light on the computer turned green, and the device disappeared. The sky darkened to a burning orange color and the ground split between the teams. Two faces of rock rose beneath either team, with a couple bridges crossing the gap, sitting above a chasm with jagged rocks sticking from the water below. Behind them the rock face further climbed, with more platforms jutting out alongside entrances to tunnels that twisted throughout the rock like anthills. Large puddles sat and thin streams trickled into the canyon, but the largest body of water was a rather impressive waterfall that sat at the head of the map- a conjunction of both sides. At the other end, which the chasm opened up to, were the stands, cluttered with fans, and backlit by the evening sun. Torches, chains, barrels, and crates littered the area. Finally, vegetation flourished from the previously dead rock. Trees twisted from the ground, their roots disrupting the earth. Tall grass sprouted from the walls and floor nearly everywhere, creating a lively environment to cover the drab-ness of Hellena Prison.

Mudkip's mouth was agape as he watched in awe at the area taking form. What a fantastic sight! He'd never seen a place like this before! ...But unfortunately, he couldn't enjoy the moment as much as he'd like, because a giant, angry-looking Mr. Mime and his trainer seemed ready to do battle. The small water type dropped his bag next to himself and bent his forelegs, bowing his head. This was his sign that he didn't want to hurt them.

BEGIN!

Troy
Their opponents entered the area. Troy didn't even have to look to see, because one of them, specifically Ryuji, stunk of a powerful spirit. This would be interesting. Of course, Audrey replied to him snidely, and the cult leader decided something right then and there. But there was no time to dwell on that thought, as Nott approached him with a question.

"Are you missing one?"

Troy was already in a pisspoor mood from Audrey, but before he spoke, he caught his uncool thoughts and buried it. Nott didn't know where Allison was. Good.

"I dunno, you tell me."

That was all the response he gave before his foes chose a stage, and the computer that took their requests disappeared. The world changed, the sky becoming fuchsia as did the ground, albeit the latter was a darker shade. Dark stone tiles were inlaid in the colored ground, and yellow-leaved trees sprouted along the perimeter, as did an odd-looking large flower to Troy's immediate left. Behind Nott and Ryuji was a small castle with a bell at the top, and behind Troy and Audrey were four stone pillars, two in both corners of the arena. A yellow fog crept in the edges of the arena.

BEGIN!

The narcissist slipped into the yellow fog as the countdown went. The last thing that could be seen before he disappeared were his glowing eyes, which could see the souls of his opponents- line of sight or not.

DevVoid

King Minos
The spirit-manifested entity stood and stared down the ki blasts, tanking all but the last one, which had been dispersed with a punch, yet not parried as the fist pierced through and Minos launched his own projectile - a long, orange serpent with volatile properties that would home in on Jeice, getting ever-so faster as it soared through the air and would not only hurt on impact but would, as a good chunk of Minos's attack tend to, leave behind an explosion.

Shaymin
The Gratitude Pokémon had been so busy chatting with friends and family that he did not even realize that his foes, nevermind his new friend had entered the arena. Only when a telepathic message from the talking sword was sent his way did the grass-type come back to his ally and landed on the ground. Upon the mentioning of choosing a location to fight in, Shaymin could only think up one thing, in a quite literal sense as he did not speak his choice but kept it as a thought in his head.

' Treasure Town! In an open space, not where everyone else is, of course! '

Mr. Miracle
"If you have no preference, I would offer Nutty Noon as our arena. It has a great view...unless you're afraid of heights."

Hah, what a classic! A man who actively flies around practically every single moment of his life, having a fear of heights? Astoundingly comedic, that thought was in his imagination. Still, he could care less about where it was he fought. After all, there was still all the people in the stands and that was all an entertainer like him could ever want now, wasn't it?

" It matters not to this Miracle where our performance will be displayed! All that matters is that we have an audience who can witness it! "

Dagr

Dagr stared down at Blue before grinning and shaking her head. She stood up, resting her ax on her shoulder, and began to walk with Blue towards the arch.
"Just so you know, squiddo. There's no shame in tapping out. So if things start to get too intense for you, it's alright for you to say you had enough." Dagr said to Blue. "That being said, you should still give it your all, okay?"

Dagr's ax glowed green for a moment before fading, and Dagr snapped her fingers.
"Oh yeah! That reminds me. This here is my ax, Skinfaxi." Dagr said. "It's got a few tricks to it. But one of 'em is an ability I call Pathfinder. It works for people that are fighting with me. Basically, if you're like... 50 feet or closer to me, if you think of another spot that's 50 feet away from me, you can teleport to it. It's a pretty helpful move!"

Dagr shrugged.
"Then again, for all I know you can teleport at will. Haha." Dagr said. Finally reaching the archway, Dagr got a good look at their opponents. They lived up to their pictures, for sure.
"Whoa." Dagr said to Beam. "You're a lot more buff in person. What's your diet like?"

"Please select a map" A voice spoke. Looking up, Dagr spotted its origin. She glanced down to Blue.
"Huh. We get to pick where we fight. Nice." Dagr said. "Any place you prefer, squiddo?"

Nótt

The arena formed around them, and Nótt recognized the familiar courtyard of her Night Temple. But it was different. Strange yellow clouds floated about, and the color scheme of the place was... different. No matter. The enemies were were, standing next to the pillars to the south of the stronghold.

"Well, let us begin. It's over for them." Nótt said. The eagle on her back let out a screech as Nótt sprinted towards Audrey and Troy, with a strange, menacing aura emanating off of her.

Jeice

Jeice continued flying. His ki blasts had barely affected this guy! What was he?! He was even able to counterattack, shooting some sort of energy blast back towards the Ginyu Force member. Jeice flew past the orange serpent, but the explosion from it's attack knocked the warrior out of the air and onto one of the floating lab platforms. He pushed himself back to his feet, staring down at King Minos.
"What... what are you?!" Jeice growled.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Alter Knight
As Alter Knight named her arena of choice, she made sure to keep an eye on her deranged partner. She managed to see him licking his chops and, putting two and two together, pulled her arm back, and gripped onto Libera.
She spoke calmly, but with notable malice. "Try that again...and I'll separate your empty head off your shoulders."
She heard laughter, predictably. But it wasn't coming from Ripper Roo, despite being just as annoying.
Alter Knight shot a glare towards Roo before turning towards her opponents. Even at a glance, she could could see how they mirrored herself and Roo. The jester was moving erratically, laughing without a care in the world, while someone who looked human appeared irritated with his mere presence.
"I presume you are Kassandra and Jevil." Alter Knight said, side-eyeing Ripper Roo in case he tried anything else.

Magolor
"Nutty Noon it is" Magolor nodded.
As soon as both teams came to a decision, the arena formed around them. In the blink of ana eye, the four contestants were now hundreds of feet in the air, standing on what looked like a massive cloud. Except, though the evening light was bright, the "cloud's" orange coloring was due to being made up of packed sand, somehow floating and solid enough to stand on. Aside from that, Sumeragi platforms and parts of their base were spread around the arena, and tall, stone towers protruded through the sand cloud. As for the audience, there was a large cloud ring surrounding the arena from a distance, where the seats were placed.

Magolor turned towards his opponents and waved.
"Hi kiddos!" He greeted in a jolly manner. "I'm giving you one chance to forfeit and save yourself the pain of losing."
With his other hand, he summoned up a gem apple, shaking it as if to make it more tantalizing.
"Don't worry, you can have some of these so you won't go empty-handed. What a nice guy I am, right?" He offered with a giggle.

Lucario
The aura pokemon brought up his fists as the arena changed, preparing for battle, before his ally suddenly got into a submissive stance.
"...If you don't want to fight, I understand." Lucario said. "Just make sure to forfeit should I go down."
With that, Lucario stood in front of Mudkip, reading into Dart and Warlock's auras. 2 on 1 wasn't preferable, but he wasn't going down easy.

Ryuji
"I dunno, you tell me." was Troy's reply.
Ryuji wasn't sure what to make of that.
"Uh..what?"
"Careful Ryuji." Oracle warned. "This guy's readings...it's not a Persona, but close. I don't like the sword's readings either."
"Gotcha." Ryuji responded. Just then, Nott ran towards their opponents, prompting Ryuji to follow suit. Yet he wasn't as fast, lagging behind the princess.
Not that he intended to get up close. Not yet anyway.
"Watch out!" he warned Nott. Ryuji then leapt up, bringing out the Megido Blaster and firing a shot, sending a hail of flaming bullets over Audrey.
Wait...where did the other guy go?

DevVoid

"What... what are you?!"

Even with his opponent now knocked to the floor once more, the King's wrath had not relented. With a serpentine uppercut, he launched himself high up into the air and and stopped there momentarily as he looked down to Jeice. He would bother with a response, but he would keep it short and straight to the point, given the fight at hand.

" I AM THY JUDGE, JURY AND EXECUTIONER! "

A leg now extended towards Jeice as did an arm, while the other two were retracted. One more sentence was spoken from Minos before the next attack was commenced.

" PREPARE THYSELF! "

With that, a trail of blue light shot towards Jeice as Minos launched himself at the red-skinned alien with a flying kick, with his impending with the ground then creating an expanding shockwave with his ever-so-closer landing point approaching, that being his very opponent.

comic

KASSANDRA

"Your presumption is accurate," Kassandra replied, casually sliding the Sword of Perseus from her scabbard and twirling it twice, listening to the gentle, though deadly sound of its hum through the air, the light "swish, swish" that she'd grown to appreciate. "Alter Knight, and Ripper Roo. Looks to me like a couple of genuine, hard-working warriors got paired with..." she intentionally let her voice trail off, leaving whatever she would have called Ripper and Jevil up in the air for interpretation, but judging by her facial expression, such a title would have been anything but praise.

A voice called from above, seemingly from some sort of machine in the white void where they stood, asking for an arena. A team consensus was needed. Juuuust perfect.

She side-eyed Jevil for a moment. "Our choice will be the Akropolis in Athens. It would be nice to see a part of home again, anyway," that last bit she uttered under her breath.

DART

Huh... the little newt guy didn't seem to want to fight, the larger dog one standing in the way. Dart folded his arms across his chess. "Mudkip won't fight?" He asked, a rhetorical question as he followed up with; "Well, 2 on 1 isn't fair at all! I'd really like to fight, but... gah, if you want to fight Lucario, Warlock, then go ahead."

Dart seemed to pout as he forfeited his position to battle to the Elder's Greatest Champion. If the Mudkip joined in, Dart would of course leap to the fight as quickly as possible, but so long as the cute little guy wasn't fighting, then neither was Dart.

Last edited:

Ripper Roo

The blue explosive enthusiast's eyes rolled around like tires on the road, his head tracking the two new foes, but his eyes never seemed to focus. With saliva dripping from his loosely hanging tongue, Ripper could only let out a series of loose, deranged chuckles upon them getting ready to brawl.

Though, there's was something. Something about this Jevil. His grin, his demeanor. He had all the makings of one without sanity. ...perfect!! Ripper's breath got faster in anticipation for the fight as he bounced up and down like a spring. Seemed like he was getting impatient for it to start!