• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny enough I've been there a few times too... I come home from my martial arts class at night... I'm tired, I got bruises all up and down my arms and legs, and I probably got either tai chi or goju ryu on the mind... not whatever is going on in the RP ,and I decide to post the next day...

strangly enough for some reason whenever I read your comments I always do it with vegeta's voice...

Funny enough the characters that get thrown can roll off to the side or take up ground fighting... (I don't know enough about ground fighting for my character to do that though so Dolan will likely just roll in the situation should he end up thrown.

I nailed on a few people in the Naruto RP for not posting for this exact same reason but I was treated like I did a big wrong and should be ashamed for urging people to post when their only reasoning is not feeling like it.
This isn’t that rp, I’m not even involved in that one and I couldn’t care less about what happened. If you’re going to be difficult please leave.

Okay and I’m saying instead of just repeatedly telling me that I’m being to formal and deciding for yourself that your mistake isn’t a big deal, you should just apologize.

Alright I see there is a misunderstanding about placements, ThAtGuY Samui shouldn’t be close to Dolan and if she is you didn’t let me actually react to anything before all this started, there an inconsistency with the progression.

never said I was walking around in it... merely standing in it. luckily for me in martial arts people would generally transition from stance to stance. Even then I can also run or move around as the stance itself serves to strengthen balance so your opponent cannot so easily knock you over or push you back.

Dolan will more than likely use either sanchin or forward stance/zenkutsu dachi more often than horse stance/shiko dachi anyways.
sanchin-dachi.gif

sanchin
front_stance.png

forward stance/zenkutsu dachi

Last edited:
I suppose it is kinda strange... It does serve various purposes however... I like sanchin because in its a useful basic stance you can easily stand in relaxed which is more practical than simply standing in place as you can switch one of the other stances mentioned or a couple others I didn't mention. Also the reason the legs are turned inwards is because the insides of the thighs are vulnerable targets. not as many muscles on the inside of the thighs as the outside plus blood vessels make it a even more effective target for toe kick ,and it should also help with balance(horse stance and forward stance are better at balance ,but sanchin stance is easier to stand in)

There can be multiple dukes, right? right..?

Name: Arashi

Personality
: Arashi is rather laid-back, offering his servitude to the Queen alone and no one else in the hierarchy, not even the Prince or Princess, as he presents respect only to those who he believes are stronger than him. He wastes no time trying to "make a strategy" or "consider the surroundings" before charging into a fight, and his apparent recklessness isn't something he considers too often... because he doesn't lose. The last thing heard by those unfortunate to encounter him is the eerie sound of low wind chimes that hang down the ends of his hat.

Appearance
: Arashi has a human figure and is usually seen with a bare torso, revealing his muscular build. He wears a black striped hakama with brown sandals, and his daisho blades are sheathed on both sides of his waist. The aforementioned hat he wears is similar to that of Haganezuka Hotaru, but more conical in shape, and the woven hat is black. The hat covers the top of his long, blood red hair, which is tied into a ponytail most of the time that hangs under the head-wear.

Blood Demon Art
: Dancing Typhoon; by loosening up his body, Arashi becomes much more agile, greatly enhancing his combat skills in order to end a fight quickly.

Techniques
: Arashi is very adept with his swords, so they are his weapon of choice for most of the battle; his Blood Demon Art also provides more incentive for him to stick with the daisho blades in the first place.

Other
: Arashi considers Pearlan a slight acquaintance (@E.K.A.N.S. if that's aight with you; could have some funny interactions between the two), which unusually says much, considering the fact that the former scarcely interacts with any other demon (aside from the Queen).

Backstory
: Masutsu Renkui had passionately aspired to become a samurai in his early years and blindly pursued any method he could to get stronger, so it was but a matter of whether he stumbled upon the art of Demon Slaying or became a demon himself. One of his methods was to instigate fights with strong swordsmen, but this backfired, as every loss drove him to insanity rather than encourage him to continue to improve. After encountering the Queen one night in his 20s, Masutsu, after childishly complaining about his situation, was presented with the opportunity to become stronger than any samurai that had ever lived or ever would. Of course, the man immediately accepted the offer, and from that day forward, he became Arashi, a powerful Duke of the demon hierarchy. After he proclaimed his allegiance to the Queen, Arashi set out, becoming a feared but invisible force, wiping out countless samurai and warriors and even decent sized provinces, almost as if it was an unnamed plague that left just as soon as it arrived.

Please let me know if there's anything I should change!

Last edited:
Well, okay. I still have a final due tomorrow at midnight. As for the projects... you know what, I might just fail the class and retake it later. It's a shame since I have a 93 in the class and I'm pissing away all that hard work, but I'm programmatically challenged and have no clue how to do these two assignments. :(
she flipped off the mare and gave her a firm pat on the arse.
Damn, she just gave her horse the finger and slapped its ass. Guess Pearlan isn't the only one flipping birds around here. Your violet-green swallow is next

Speaking of swallow​
Arashi considers Pearlan a slight acquaintance (@E.K.A.N.S. if that's aight with you; could have some funny interactions between the two), which unusually says much, considering the fact that the former scarcely interacts with any other demon (aside from the Queen).
Maybe they're gay and Arashi is Pearlan's boyfriend <.>

*Everyone in the discussion loses their shit*

I was actually hoping for something like this... you know, a straight man to Pearlan's antics. I was gonna ask kyuu to make a bio for the Princess and set something up between them, but you posted this at the perfect time.
If they were going to be a team, then she wanted to get a grasp on how they could squeeze the best out of their teamwork.
What exactly is Phyra looking to grasp and squeeze and why is she staring at Kit as she's thinking this? :v
Shirage just ended his today training. He was quite tired and he headed to the the hause, that was probably attacked by another demon earlier. Shirage tried his best to awake his Blood Demon Art.. "Damn, I really need this power. Without it, I am probably at Noble level... I am sure, that I am way stronger than Nobles.. I need strength to deal with that guy"
Did Shirage find a random house in the woods that looked like it was attacked by a demon earlier? If I remember correctly, Shira was last seen in a cave. Did he find a lone house in the mountains where he was or did he go into town? Not sure what the scene is, help me out here.

There can be multiple dukes, right? right..?

Name: Arashi

Personality
: Arashi is rather laid-back, offering his servitude to the Queen alone and no one else in the hierarchy, not even the Prince or Princess, as he presents respect only to those who he believes are stronger than him. He wastes no time trying to "make a strategy" or "consider the surroundings" before charging into a fight, and his apparent recklessness isn't something he considers too often... because he doesn't lose. The last thing heard by those unfortunate to encounter him is the eerie sound of low wind chimes that hang down the ends of his hat.

Appearance
: Arashi has a human figure and is usually seen with a bare torso, revealing his muscular build. He wears a black striped hakama with brown sandals, and his daisho blades are sheathed on both sides of his waist. The aforementioned hat he wears is similar to that of Haganezuka Hotaru, but more conical in shape, and the woven hat is black. The hat covers the top of his long, blood red hair, which is tied into a ponytail most of the time that hangs under the head-wear.

Blood Demon Art
: Dancing Typhoon; by loosening up his body, Arashi becomes much more agile, greatly enhancing his combat skills in order to end a fight quickly.

Techniques
: Arashi is very adept with his swords, so they are his weapon of choice for most of the battle; his Blood Demon Art also provides more incentive for him to stick with the daisho blades in the first place.

Other
: Arashi considers Pearlan a slight acquaintance (@E.K.A.N.S. if that's aight with you; could have some funny interactions between the two), which unusually says much, considering the fact that the former scarcely interacts with any other demon (aside from the Queen).

Backstory
: Masutsu Renkui had passionately aspired to become a samurai in his early years and blindly pursued any method he could to get stronger, so it was but a matter of whether he stumbled upon the art of Demon Slaying or became a demon himself. One of his methods was to instigate fights with strong swordsmen, but this backfired, as every loss drove him to insanity rather than encourage him to continue to improve. After encountering the Queen one night in his 20s, Masutsu, after childishly complaining about his situation, was presented with the opportunity to become stronger than any samurai that had ever lived or ever would. Of course, the man immediately accepted the offer, and from that day forward, he became Arashi, a powerful Duke of the demon hierarchy. After he proclaimed his allegiance to the Queen, Arashi set out, becoming a feared but invisible force, wiping out countless samurai and warriors and even decent sized provinces, almost as if it was an unnamed plague that left just as soon as it arrived.

Please let me know if there's anything I should change!
Looks good! Originally the idea was 4 dukes and 4 duchesses, each strong enough to carry an arc vs half of the demon slayers. That way we can do two arcs at once vs the dukes and duchesses for a total of 8 arcs in the time of 4. The prince and princess arcs will each take the entire team at two separate times. It helps that we have the whole mystery eater arc first though, that way it’ll be realistic that the demon slayers have gotten strong enough to the point where 4 of them could defeat a duke or duchess.

Huh...didn't get any alerts until I got quoted.

Well, okay. I still have a final due tomorrow at midnight. As for the projects... you know what, I might just fail the class and retake it later. It's a shame since I have a 93 in the class and I'm pissing away all that hard work, but I'm programmatically challenged and have no clue how to do these two assignments

I'd totally help you...but we don't appear to be studying the same programming language. Otherwise, it seems you're way ahead of me in the programming skills department.

Maybe they're gay and Arashi is Pearlan's boyfriend .

*Everyone in the discussion loses their shit*

I was actually hoping for something like this... you know, a straight man to Pearlan's antics. I was gonna ask kyuu to make a bio for the Princess and set something up between them, but you posted this at the perfect time.

I'm currently reworking the Princess from the ground up. I'd initially wanted to give her a Blood Demon art that would allow her blood to corrupt things in the vicinity, like a plague. Then she'd live in a corrupted forest or something where there'd be ominous demonic trees, and the very environment would fight against the demon slayers.

But then I felt it was a bit too similar to that liquid control demon art that was created a while back, and at the same time, it was kinda weak for the Princess' blood demon art. So I'm thinking of upper the difficulty of killing her by...a lot.

My first thought was to do something Yin-Yang and 5 Elements.

She would have 5 bodies, each attuned to an element, and to kill them you'd need to use the element that counters them.

Five-Elements-Cycle.jpg

Once you managed to kill the 5 elemental bodies, they'd combined into two Yin-Yang bodied, which would be stronger than any of the individual bodies, and would need to be killed simultaneously before she was truly dead.

Though I figured that would make her too much of a pain...so I might consider something else. :?

What exactly is Phyra looking to grasp and squeeze and why is she staring at Kit as she's thinking this? :v

The team synergy, of course. Phyra's trying to see how the team hooks up together. I'd pinned it as Miyaji being the rough, forceful one, and Kit being the slippery, sneak one, with Phyra in the middle as an all-round supporter, but seeing as Kit picked up on the hint that he was supposed to take the fight to the demon, he seems to be more of a direct fighter than I'd expected.

That being said though

@OmnipotentOnion , @Mango137 , you actually don't need to wait for Phyra to react. I'm having her observe the fight and draw conclusions, and there isn't quite enough evidence for her to draw a solid conclusion yet. If you don't mind, I'd like you to continue fighting.

If you need me to post, I will though. I already have a vague read of the Demon as well as Kit in mind for Phyra, it's just a bit of a stretch for her to assume those things given she's only seen one interaction.

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-17_2-49-49.jpeg
    upload_2019-12-17_2-49-49.jpeg
    6 KB · Views: 29
Okay so hopefully this doesn’t upset anyone but I was hoping to get an estimate on how strong each character is relative to another so I can use that to make teams in the future. So far I’ve made my own list based on what I perceive, judging based on training and breath style potential. Please don’t take any offense to this and if I am wrong please correct me. Last time I made teams based on personality, but I’m realizing it might be better if I did based on strength. Also, I’m not saying characters will stay at this relative strength, they may surpass others as time goes on but this is where I think they are now.

1. Miyaji- Trained with pillar, probably most potential for sheer destructive power
  2. Tie, Sen- 1 year experience, breath of sand could be the most sneaky. Kit- trained with pillar, breath of shadow has a lot of potential with stealth, speed, strength. Basically the glass cannon.
  3. Phyra- Probably the best potential breath style; however, she lacks formal training and requires a buildup. I feel like she could definitely end up the strongest.
  4. Kazure- formal training with a demon slayer
  5. Dolan- formal training with a demon slayer. Breath of gold just seems a little weaker than breath of lightning and he seems more fun/ less serious than Kazure so keeps him lower in terms of combat.
  6. Samui- Cool breath style, probably one of the best niche fighters along with Sen and Phyra, but she hasn’t had formal training so that holds her back.
  7. Akane- Sorry! She’s one of my favorites and very fun to read, but she hasn’t had formal training and her insecurities seem to hold her back. I’d love to see her turn into one of the strongest.