• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First Form: Blazing Step; Lunging forward with great speed, Miyaji slashes 2 or 3 times in rapid succession.

Second Form: Hellfire Orbit; Similar to Water Wheel from the Breath of Water, Miyaji leaps forward and swings in a circular motion by spinning his body in midair at any angle.

Third Form: Plumes of Smoke; Similar to Obscuring Clouds from the Breath of Mist, Miyaji employs an erratic change in his movement tempo, moving with incredible speed when hidden and moving extremely slowly when visible.

Fourth Form: Fiery Wall; Miyaji takes a defensive stance, blocking incoming attacks with quick parries and blocks.

Fifth Form: Crashing Down of Molten Rock; Miyaji leaps upward and dives downward with a horizontal slash from above.

Sixth Form: Magma Flow; Subsequently after utilizing the Third Form, Miyaji takes a slow, straight path to the target before immediately changing movement speed and delivering a swift slash to the neck.

Seventh Form: A Poor Man's Rose: Miyaji unleashes several spinning slashes with his blade by twirling the polearm while alternating between a normal and reverse grip of his Naginata, and the attacks create a "blossoming" pattern, hence the name of the form.

Eighth Form: Spear of Igneous Resolve: Miyaji hurls his Naginata at his target, aiming to impale and pin against a wall behind it. Upon successful execution, Miyaji can then employ any other attack form to finish the job.

Ninth Form: Scattered Ashes: By gripping the Naginata at the very end of the handle, Miyaji uses his greatly extended range to swing in a deft, circular arc; this form is mainly used to decimate a swarm of demons or an incoming barrage of attacks.

Tenth Form: The Eruption After Dormancy: Miyaji performs a series of swift upward slashes, mostly to be used when airborne.

Eleventh Form: Sakurajima's Wrath; Miyaji unleashes a wild frenzy of attacks meant to tear away and destroy, constantly adjusting his slashes in accordance with the target's reactions.
  • First Style: Thunderclap and Flash - The user dashes forward and slashes at their opponent with incredible speed. Zenitsu has honed this ability to the extent of being able to repeat the dash multiple times in quick succession.
  • Second Style: Lightning Ball- The swordsman is able to generate five straight attacks around the user in a single moment.
  • Third Style: Buzzing Mosquito Thunder- Generates a spinning wave of lightning in all directions.
  • Fourth Style: Distant Thunder- The user releases multiple ranged strikes towards a target.
  • Fifth Style: Heat Lightning - A single, focused, slashing attack.
  • Sixth Style: Electric Lightning Shower- A series of strong ranged attacks released around the user .
So I quoted Miyaji and Kazu's techniques so I don't have to go back to the first page when planning the chief fight. First, I'll lay down some of his weaknesses that the slayers can figure out as they fight him to keep it interesting:
  • He can't create soft or gooey objects. Everything he makes is solid or somewhat thick and deteriorates over time.
  • Things that don't decay, like the mansions he built all across Hokori, take time to create (the more elaborate the object, the more time he needs to envision it before making it a reality.) The clock tower that blasted from the wall at Miyaji was nested/prepared in advance.
  • There's a limited amount of "thickness" he has to work with, if he's in a fast-paced environment like a battle. For example, if he makes a defensive wall that's too thick, he can probably manage a few more of equal thickness but at some point the next wall will be less sturdy. So he can't expend all his resources at once.
Yeah, I think those are good enough nerfs, otherwise his boundless powers will encompass the abilities of future demons I had in mind. "Planning" this fight means asking me (or I ask you) how the other combatant would react if a certain attack were directed at them, and we can have lots of these scenarios and gradually piece the fight together that way. So I'll make a convo and avoid cluttering this thread.

Dolan didn't even draw his sword from his scabbard ,and yet the man seemed to know it was mad with nichirin
Oh yeah that's right, they'd be in scabbards.
Even a fool could tell that these colored Nichirin blades were no ordinary practice weapons.
And my post says this.

There are two ways I could fix this. One, give Saito x-ray vision, which is plausible since he already has eyes that can turn people to stone. Or two, and the one I'd prefer, Akane's scabbard is slightly loose revealing the colored part of her blade, and that's what Saito was going off of. Dolan said his sword is firmly in his sheath so that's the only way :D

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Then Akane broke through the ceiling and landed in front of Miyaji, wearing cool pointy sunglasses, she looked over her shoulder and told the other demon slayers, "I got this." She put out her cigar on her tongue and then threw it away.

She set her eyes on the enemy. "You're the one messing with my friends?" She cracked her knuckles. "You can't treat my friends like that, they're not objects." Those were the last words the enemy heard as Akane moved forward and slashed its head off.

:D my brother made me watch terminator and then I imagined Akane doing this. Miss you guys ♥!

In some alternate universe, Akane is the least innocent of all the demon slayers. But that would be an AU of an AU.
Then Akane broke through the ceiling and landed in front of Miyaji, wearing cool pointy sunglasses, she looked over her shoulder and told the other demon slayers, "I got this." She put out her cigar on her tongue and then threw it away.

She set her eyes on the enemy. "You're the one messing with my friends?" She cracked her knuckles. "You can't treat my friends like that, they're not objects." Those were the last words the enemy heard as Akane moved forward and slashed its head off.

:D my brother made me watch terminator and then I imagined Akane doing this. Miss you guys ♥!
Then she tells everyone to "GET TO THE CHOPPA" before the castle collapses. Oops, I just spoiled the next post.

The last post on the RP is the long-awaited season finale. Aren't you all excited we've made it this far? I'm not, since after acing all my other finals the last one I took today utterly destroyed me, and killed my motivation to do anything.

That's beside the point though. I need to ask you something @ThAtGuY101 . Is it all right if a nightjar intercepted Dolan's owl and stole the message it was delivering a while back? The finale will involve the Mystery Eater and I want him to already have a clear profile on all the demon slayers. The only way he'd know so much about Dolan's personality is if he read that letter.

don't be sad; hopefully we can keep tearing it up in season 2

FatherlyDefensiveArcticduck-max-1mb.gif

And that's a wrap. Couldn't be happier that we reached the end. Thanks to everyone who was involved at one point or another, @Mango137 @ThAtGuY101 @JadeStar @Clite of Dragonbow @OmnipotentOnion @kyuukestu @Hecotoro @Grand Master Koop

Now let's be honest about Season 2. Chances are it won't happen (not with me in it anyway). I intend to take a break from this site, perhaps indefinitely, and get my priorities straight. By that time you'll either forget about this thread or may no longer be around. But don't be discouraged. Any of you are free to make your own sequel thread from this universe we've built together, and you can use all my ideas like the Mystery Eater, the Red Demon's Nine Branches, Sena, etc. like Mango said you can use his. Or you can make an entirely new Demon Slayer AU from scratch. Don't worry about messing up my plans or anything, if I ever found the time for my version of a Season 2 it would be a reboot from where we left off in Season 1 anyway. So feel free to continue the story however you like if you're ever interested, it won't be a problem.

The same goes for anyone who's following along with this thread but never joined (I assume someone must be reading our posts besides just us, since we have 23 thousand something views with only 493 replies and that can't be possible otherwise). If you like this RP and feel you could make a sequel out of it with an entirely new cast of characters (or existing characters that you could take control of convincingly), I encourage you to do so. Thanks again to everyone for participating!

~Snek

The demons uncovered Dolan's true interests... With the killing of his first demon blood, Dolan had gained a new hobby. Killing. With each strike, the demons bleed, and they howl in pain. So exciting. It bleeds so he can kill it. Why rush though? Kill it slowly. Maybe watch a demon burn like snow melting in the sun. Listen to them beg, maybe even humor them. Make no mistake as he has no intention in letting them live. He enjoys giving them false hope before ripping it away. Season 2 is gonna be so much darker. Poke a demon in the eye with a cigar. Waterboard. Maybe borrow some of the torture methods in the Saw movies. The best part. No average human is going to miss a demon nor sympathize to their plight.

Just kidding. For obvious reasons... Dolan won't be doing any of this. If we ever decide to have season two, I look forward to having Dolan in it.

Wow... big thanks to Snek for taking over when things got a bit to busy for me. She definitely deserves all the credit and is by far the best and most enjoyable writer I’ve encountered on the site. I think we can all agree that attempting to follow up her amazing and hilarious posts brought out the best (or worst xD) in all of us.

I for one can’t see a season 2 without Snek so until then thank you to everyone and bye for now Snek! Hopefully we’ll all be reading your book someday!!!

Why thanks, cute Arc. I was browsing the site earlier today, and despite trying to move away from here I again found an interesting RP (I gave it a quick look then left so I'd say I'm kicking the habit.)

Anyway if a second season with all of us ever materializes, then I'll refer to this post later of some ideas I had about it. Hokori will obviously be taken over by the Gladiators, so somewhere late into part 2 the gang will be paying it another visit. The same goes with Korudo; all those thug adolescents under Kenshiro's influence had nowhere to go and ended up settling in Father Sagi's orphanage. Remember this guy?:

Name: Father Sagi
Personality: Outwardly kind, level-headed, and unassuming, Sagi is really a disturbed individual with a hunger for flesh and power.
Appearance: The 6'3" Sagi wears priestly black robes whose torso is emblazoned with a yellow cross. Just as there are no pretentious hints of gold in this design, so too are there no pompous flares in his humble, gray hair, which is subdued by a black zucchetto. His glasses similarly make no pretenses, revealing everything from eyes narrowed shut to crow's feet carved into his face by excessive grinning. He's worn this warm expression to the point that it's overcooked, his smile muscles rivaled only by the big, strong hands that hang restrainedly from his sleeves, perfect for strangling.
Blood Demon Art: Sagi can swell parts or his whole body to the size of a giant's.
Techniques: Slamming his enlarged hands to the ground is enough to cause a small tremor or a fissure in the ground. Growing bigger is an application of the regenerative capabilities that all demons possess, but Sagi's are far more advanced, not ceasing when his wounds are healed. A larger frame renders his foes' attacks smaller and less effective, so they'll have to resort to broad, sweeping slashes to thwart him.
Other: He loves children, and the fact that he's a priest who can increase the size of his body parts makes this especially worrying.
Backstory: Father Sagi runs an orphanage, drawing in street kids from all corners of the impoverished area in which he is based. The young, impressionable children fall for his kind façade, gradually lowering their guard as they enjoy home-cooked meals and coming to see Sagi as a parental figure. While he offers some for adoption and maintains the semblance that he's operating a legitimate institution, he devours the unwanted ones among them. In hard economic times, few people can provide these children a home, so Sagi is guaranteed a feast. His activities have yielded high returns in recent years, as kids displaced by the Russo-Japanese War have flocked to him. At some point in the past, he encountered the Mystery Eater, who offered him a starting position in the Red Demon, but Sagi was power-hungry, wanting to incorporate his orphanage scheme as a distinct branch with him as its leader. The Eater had doubts in his mind as to whether this prospective member could set aside his self-interest for the benefit of the group or was driven purely by hunger, but he nevertheless arranged an interview with a Branch Leader. Sagi did not pass and was promptly defeated, but he vowed to build a network as impressive as the Mystery Eater's all on his own. He despises the Red Demon's boss but equally admires his organizational genius.

Hypothetical season 2 would have a few starting villains before the slayers make a return to Korudo and discover Sagi. I would say his level is slightly below the chief's, who was as strong as a Noble because he drank Pearlan's pee. By then Kazu will have taken months to recover and improve so he and another slayer could defeat Sagi without needing Berserk mode.

Recently I decided to make a 5 part written works series about Ren. Four stories in. I'm thinking about making the fifth written works episode either today or tomorrow.

The reason why I'm bringing this up because I may create a post story for Dolan. What does he do after the RP ends?

I came here to ask for permission to borrow your characters. I probably won't use them too much... it's always a little weird using someone else's character. I don't wanna write someone's character in a way the character creator wouldn't do... With that being said... Are you guys cool with this?

Well, give me a while to answer in conversation or something as I simply don't know about giving you permission. I know you wouldn't use Kazu much, but still, I sort of had idea for him, idk if it will show if you rped as him.
I still gotta think over it.

Also also, I considered creating season two of this rp... But also had original rp idea.. Gotta see, depending how many of people are with us.

Recently I decided to make a 5 part written works series about Ren. Four stories in. I'm thinking about making the fifth written works episode either today or tomorrow.

The reason why I'm bringing this up because I may create a post story for Dolan. What does he do after the RP ends?

I came here to ask for permission to borrow your characters. I probably won't use them too much... it's always a little weird using someone else's character. I don't wanna write someone's character in a way the character creator wouldn't do... With that being said... Are you guys cool with this?
I’d probably be alright with it! Just dm me and let me know what you’re planning on doing, I think it’s a great idea!

Now that I've finished Ren's pre-rp storyline, I've had some time to think of post-story ideas for Dolan. In my demon slayer chronicles written works. I'm thinking about making two OCs that tag along with him in missions so not to poorly write anyone's characters.

Assuming he runs into your characters will likely be at demon slayer friendly locations like brothels the family house or the demon slayers headquarters whatever its called... Possibly an Inn...?

It might simply be a mention like, oh her/him? She's/He's on a mission...

I don't wanna use any characters without confirmation of approval.

I should point out, nobody has to give approval if they don't want to. I can take a 'no' just fine, and won't use them nor take any offense.

I hope you guys don't mind me tagging you.

@JadeStar @kyuukestu @E.K.A.N.S.

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure if Sena would even be alive post-story, so you can mention her in a way that leaves her status ambiguous. “Oh her? She’s on a mission” could mean she’s out somewhere killing demons, or she’s dead and “on a mission to the afterlife.”

If it’s something like that you can probably do whatever you want, words can be interpreted to mean anything anyways.

So I was talking to Mango the Arcanine and told him “Hey, I’ve got all these ideas for Season 2. I’m definitely not doing another RP, was considering making the rest of the story into a fanfic but would you rather I just tell you what happens?” And he said “whatever you want.” So, without further ado, here were my plans for Season 2:

1) The encounter with the Suicide Squad would be triggered by one of three things:
  • One of our demon slayers stops by the town in which they’re based, hears of the urban legend that you’ll die if you leave a personal effect at a statue, and decides to try it out, waking up to a demon later that night.
  • Something tips Tora off that Rin and Shirade are demons when she visits their shop. She kidnaps Rin later that night, Shirade comes after her, frees Rin and they fight and kill her together. Either Tora’s already requested backup, or the Demon Slayer Corps sends the main cast to investigate her disappearance. Kit fights Saito 1 on 1 (battle of the reverse grips), and Shirade and Rin defect from the Red Demon as their branch comes crashing down.
  • Shirade and Rin botch a mission in the estate of the town’s wealthiest nobleman (they were supposed to kill his daughter), where there are plenty of maids to spot them even at night. Either the daughter genuinely wanted assistance with suicide, or the lord’s popularity had fallen among the locals and solving the urban legend would give him a political victory, so he left one of his daughter’s personal items at the statue and set a trap. The bloodshed that ensues when Rin and Shirade show up at the estate makes an eventual clash with the demon slayers inevitable.
2) The encounter with the Gravediggers would be triggered by one of two things:
  • The demon slayers get wind of people turning into demons (or more demons mysteriously appearing in an area). That’s what white magic does to humans eventually. They are currently cooking up a way to speed the process.
  • A power struggle between Wraith, Pearlan’s Minister of Drugs, and the Gravediggers. Dowa is a drug export economy; its human citizens venture outside the walls to sell herbs/narcotics, either as part of their normal occupation or an apprenticeship/compulsory rite of passage into adulthood. The Gravediggers emerge as competition and the ensuing conflict gets the slayers’ attention, or Dowa voluntarily enlists their help as they will have met Pearlan previously.
3) I had a scene in my head where the slayers stumble upon a wide open wilderness that happens to be one of the Servers’ hunting grounds. I pictured them like Attack on Titan beyond the walls, with demons several times a human’s size roaming the land, the slayers taking shelter in the boughs of colossal trees, and having to survive over the course of several weeks.

4) Kit goes AWOL and fights demons in underground clubs because he feels he needs to get stronger, Sena is dominating all their missions. That he’s killing off their clubs gets the Gladiators’ attention, which culminates in a fight with the Branch Leader at the main coliseum (Hokori). Kit and Sena (who intervenes) end up losing this fight, sent flying through the ceiling to an unfamiliar location and separated from the rest of the group (who are chased out of the stands afterwards). They crash through a barn and land safely in the hay. They meet a nice farmer. Later that night they hear neighing from the stable that seems off. When they approach, they are horrified to see that the cause of the neighing was not a horse, but a woman. That’s when the farmer is standing in the doorway and reveals under his hat that he’s a demon. Afterwards would’ve been a perfect place for a private RP between me and Mango where it’s just Kit and Sena traveling across the demon world before they rejoin the group. Alternatively this could have happened at the end of Season 1, where the search of the lake Sena requested turns up nothing and the Corps punishes her and Kit for wasting their resources by sending them off on stupid missions (comedy spinoff RP, where they eliminate a demon who’s peeing on people’s heads in public, a demon that can fuse his body parts with people’s houses and can only be killed if you find what his neck fused with, I can imagine Kit opening a cupboard in search of his weak spot and being scarred for life instead, etc.)

Which leads me to the big reveal. Kit develops feelings for Sena. But she’s actually a demon. Her true identity is Sera Kurono, a red-haired demon slayer who was killed 50 years ago after 2 years on the job. Her family was indeed slaughtered by a demon who could shoot blades from his throat (and every inch of his body, like a porcupine). This demon is called Yamarashi the Sword Swallower, who later becomes Branch Leader of the Farmers. But 50 years ago he worked for the Queen, tasked with delivering a vial of her blood to a dying human politician and forging an alliance that would entrench her influence in society. Sera however encounters Yamarashi and tries to exact her revenge, almost succeeding, but he throws the vial of blood as a last-ditch distraction and blasts a sword through it, impaling Sera and killing her. Having been exposed to the Queen’s blood she wakes as a demon and goes into hiding. Yamarashi can’t face the Queen after failing his mission so he went into hiding as well. This is when Sera meets the Mystery Eater, whose real name is Agatho. He’s a humble taxidermist who fashions a perfect disguise from human skin and eyes that creates the Sena we know today, and allows her to walk in the sunlight. With her criminal mind and Agatho’s skills they found the Red Demon, with Sera becoming the fabled Branch Leader of the Warmongers, the organization’s strongest division whose commander is known only to a few. Every Branch Leader has a title (e.g. Saito the Gorgon Brother) and Sera’s is “the Executioner,” she spends the next 48 years as a traveling swordswoman recruiting members for the Mystery Eater and the last 2 years prior to Season 1 re-emerging as “Sena Cronos” the demon slayer, her hair having turned an icy blue from all the humans she’d eaten. Her role as “the Executioner” is to kill off any branches/members of the Red Demon that the slayers discover to preserve the secrecy of the whole, and eliminate solo demons who compete with the organization for resources; she can better serve these purposes if she infiltrates the Corps’ ranks herself. This is also why the Mystery Eater knows as much as he does about our characters; not only are the nightjars spying on them, but he and Sena can also use birds to exchange messages if needed. Fun fact: Sena deliberately led Ren to the bar and left with Kit so the Mystery Eater could recruit him.

Here’s where it all unravels. As far as they’re aware, the Dungeon Masters are the last, strongest branch the slayers need to defeat (the Farmers and the Warmongers are the stronger “hidden” branches) and they’re on their way to doing so. Sena tells Kit and the others to proceed to the top floor of the abandoned factory to fight the Mystery Eater, while she and Phyra hang back to fight the Branch Leader of the Dungeon Masters. They win, and the demon explodes into a sticky mess. Sena suggests that Phyra use one of the drums filled with water in the corner of the room to take a bath (where the Dungeon Masters boil humans, unbeknownst to her). She urges her to dunk her head in more, and when she does, Sena slides a lid shut over the drum and locks it to drown her. Phyra’s sword rests by the wall, out of reach. Sena tells her backstory as Phyra fights to stay conscious, then ascends to the top floor where Kit and the others have worn the Mystery Eater down, saying he only needs to hold out “until the Branch Leader of the Warmongers gets here.” Of course this is Sena, which Kit doesn’t see coming when she stabs him in the back and sends him flying through several floors below with an axe kick. She then leaves with the Mystery Eater, and as they’re walking away from the building, she snaps her fingers and causes it to blow up (her Blood Demon Art allows her to manipulate the smallest grains of dust in the air to generate an explosion as far as she can sense them. She can also detect the tiniest disturbance in the particles around her which is why it’s hard to sneak up on her.) Kit will have gotten up before this, realized that Phyra was trapped/comatose, and resuscitated her (or gotten her out of there first and let Miyaji do the mouth-to-mouth.)

“What will you do now?” is what the Mystery Eater asks Sena, to which she replies that the world is on the brink of war (it’s 1914) and that it’s time to reap what she’s sown. The Warmongers had been stirring tensions with the ships of other nations (can be a made-up country or a real one like Britain) that finally decide to invade the shores of Japan. Led by Sena, the Warmongers begin mowing down their numbers and collecting the bodies.

The Mystery Eater meanwhile has been planning an invasion of Dowa, Pearlan’s domain, so that the Farmers can breed its human population for food like chickens cooped up within the walled city. Yamarashi the Sword Swallower, unbeknownst to Sena, is the Branch Leader of the Farmers whom the Mystery Eater has kept in the shadows like a secret weapon, feeding him the lion’s share of the organization’s spoils and promising him a return to favor with the Queen if he usurped Pearlan’s position. Yamarashi turns into a colossus made of blades (his real body embedded at its heart) and towers over the walls of Dowa similar to the Colossal Titan from AoT. The invasion starts.

The slayers have a choice of whom they want to fight. I imagined they’d split up, with Kit and a few others going after Sena. Ren (who defected from the organization when the Gravediggers fell) can use his mist powers to bond to the sand particles in the air and prevent Sena from exploding them, which protects Kit from insta-death. Still, she’s the strongest in all the Red Demon (Duke-level) and has way more than 2 years experience, so she defeats him easily, removing her scarf (an enchanted item that suppresses her power to avoid tripping the slayers’ senses) to reveal a lower face of flayed skin, visible gums, and glistening fangs (she’d consumed so many humans that it wore down her skin there and any new coating the Mystery Eater applied would just get eaten through later.) She tells him that they could still be together if he becomes a demon. This will definitely be a team effort, but eventually Kit decapitates her. I’m not sure if he’ll be heartbroken or feel sympathy because he loved her, but her disembodied head breaks down into tears that she couldn’t find the demon who murdered her family. She fades away having never known that the Mystery Eater kept Yamarashi in hiding and intended for them to never meet.

Pearlan loses to Yamarashi after he enters the mouth of the blade golem in search of his real body, only for the latter to surprise him with a Nichirin blade that launches from under his tongue and beheads him. But Pearlan can turn up alive later in one of 2 ways. The “head” that was chopped off was just a molt; Pearlan is reptilian, he can already change colors like a chameleon, so why can’t he shed his skin like a snake too? He shed at the right moment, leaving the skin of his likeness in the blade’s path and ducking his real head out the way. Or, Pearlan can actually die and be revived with a piece of his DNA (the severed middle finger he sent the Prince in Season 1) at one of the Lab Rats’ hideouts.

This is why I considered leaving the Lab Rats as the sole remaining branch after the rest of the Red Demon falls. I’m not sure how Kit will feel about Sena after everything that’s happened. If he wants to remember her, he can preserve her somehow, her ashes in a jar or another memento. When the slayers discover the Lab Rats and that there’s a way to revive demons, it’s up to Kit to bring back Sena if a part of him still loves her. She’ll still be a demon but she’ll have no more reason to fight when she learns that her life’s work—killing Yamarashi the Sword Swallower—is complete (he and the Mystery Eater will have been defeated by this point.) She’d make a powerful ally against the Queen’s army, and if Kit has a goal to bring Sena back to the human girl she once was like Tanjiro with Nezuko, maybe they can get married after. ;)

Or just kill her and leave it at that. No happy endings.

Last edited:
I'm confused which Ren/Rin were talking about...

Your not talking about demon Ren, are you?

I doth not seeth Dolan mentioned anywhere.

I guess Dolan just goes on wild demon slaying adventures in the background. Kill a demon scout, attend a royal ball, kill a demon spy at the ball, party with nobles, get involved in a high speed wagon chase, go to a boat tavern, get drunk and party with pirates and tavern wenches, board a pirate ship, and fight a demon in the eye of the storm, survive the storm, wake up on the beach shore, fight in a gladiatorial chariot style race, kill the demon at the races, prove the demon was in fact a demon, find clues leading you to their partner, go to their hidden base, burn it down, slay the demon, annnd... more random adventures I guess. Maybe conquer a continent.

Edit: Minor grammar mistake.

Last edited:
So I was talking to Mango the Arcanine and told him “Hey, I’ve got all these ideas for Season 2. I’m definitely not doing another RP, was considering making the rest of the story into a fanfic but would you rather I just tell you what happens?” And he said “whatever you want.” So, without further ado, here were my plans for Season 2:

1) The encounter with the Suicide Squad would be triggered by one of three things:
  • One of our demon slayers stops by the town in which they’re based, hears of the urban legend that you’ll die if you leave a personal effect at a statue, and decides to try it out, waking up to a demon later that night.
  • Something tips Tora off that Rin and Shirade are demons when she visits their shop. She kidnaps Rin later that night, Shirade comes after her, frees Rin and they fight and kill her together. Either Tora’s already requested backup, or the Demon Slayer Corps sends the main cast to investigate her disappearance. Kit fights Saito 1 on 1 (battle of the reverse grips), and Shirade and Rin defect from the Red Demon as their branch comes crashing down.
  • Shirade and Rin botch a mission in the estate of the town’s wealthiest nobleman (they were supposed to kill his daughter), where there are plenty of maids to spot them even at night. Either the daughter genuinely wanted assistance with suicide, or the lord’s popularity had fallen among the locals and solving the urban legend would give him a political victory, so he left one of his daughter’s personal items at the statue and set a trap. The bloodshed that ensues when Rin and Shirade show up at the estate makes an eventual clash with the demon slayers inevitable.
2) The encounter with the Gravediggers would be triggered by the demon slayers getting wind of people turning into demons (or more demons mysteriously appearing in an area). That’s what white magic does to humans eventually. They are currently cooking up a way to speed the process.

3) I had a scene in my head where the slayers stumble upon a wide open wilderness that happens to be one of the Servers’ hunting grounds. I pictured them like Attack on Titan beyond the walls, with demons several times a human’s size roaming the land, the slayers taking shelter in the boughs of colossal trees, and having to survive over the course of several weeks.

4) Kit goes AWOL and fights demons in underground clubs because he feels he needs to get stronger, Sena is dominating all their missions. That he’s killing off their clubs gets the Gladiators’ attention, which culminates in a fight with the Branch Leader at the main coliseum (Hokori). Kit and Sena (who intervenes) end up losing this fight, sent flying through the ceiling to an unfamiliar location and separated from the rest of the group (who are chased out of the stands afterwards). They crash through a barn and land safely in the hay. They meet a nice farmer. Later that night they hear neighing from the stable that seems off. When they approach, they are horrified to see that the cause of the neighing was not a horse, but a woman. That’s when the farmer is standing in the doorway and reveals under his hat that he’s a demon. Afterwards would’ve been a perfect place for a private RP between me and Mango where it’s just Kit and Sena traveling across the demon world before they rejoin the group. Alternatively this could have happened at the end of Season 1, where the search of the lake Sena requested turns up nothing and the Corps punishes her and Kit for wasting their resources by sending them off on stupid missions (comedy spinoff RP, where they eliminate a demon who’s peeing on people’s heads in public, a demon that can fuse his body parts with people’s houses and can only be killed if you find what his neck fused with, I can imagine Kit opening a cupboard in search of his weak spot and being scarred for life instead, etc.)

Which leads me to the big reveal. Kit develops feelings for Sena. But she’s actually a demon. Her true identity is Sera Kurono, a red-haired demon slayer who was killed 50 years ago after 2 years on the job. Her family was indeed slaughtered by a demon who could shoot blades from his throat (and every inch of his body, like a porcupine). This demon is called Yamarashi the Sword Swallower, who later becomes Branch Leader of the Farmers. But 50 years ago he worked for the Queen, tasked with delivering a vial of her blood to a dying human politician and forging an alliance that would entrench her influence in society. Sera however encounters Yamarashi and tries to exact her revenge, almost succeeding, but he throws the vial of blood as a last-ditch distraction and blasts a sword through it, impaling Sera and killing her. Having been exposed to the Queen’s blood however she wakes as a demon and goes into hiding. Yamarashi can’t face the Queen after failing his mission so he went into hiding as well. This is when Sera meets the Mystery Eater, whose real name is Agatho. He’s a humble taxidermist who fashions a perfect disguise from human skin and eyes that creates the Sena we know today, and allows her to walk in the sunlight. With her criminal mind and Agatho’s skills they found the Red Demon, with Sera becoming the fabled Branch Leader of the Warmongers, the organization’s strongest division whose commander is known only to a few. Every Branch Leader has a title (e.g. Saito the Gorgon Brother) and Sera’s is “the Executioner,” she spends the next 48 years as a traveling swordswoman recruiting members for the Mystery Eater and the last 2 years prior to Season 1 re-emerging as “Sena Kronos” the demon slayer, her hair having turned an icy blue from all the humans she’d eaten. Her role as “the Executioner” is to kill off any branches/members of the Red Demon that the slayers discover to preserve the secrecy of the whole, and eliminate solo demons who compete with the organization for resources; she can better serve these purposes if she infiltrates the Corps’ ranks herself. This is also why the Mystery Eater knows as much as he does about our characters; not only are the nightjars spying on them, but he and Sena can also use birds to exchange messages if needed. Fun fact: Sena deliberately led Ren to the bar and left with Kit so the Mystery Eater could recruit him.

Here’s where it all unravels. As far as they’re aware, the Dungeon Masters are the last, strongest branch the slayers need to defeat (the Farmers and the Warmongers are the stronger “hidden” branches) and they’re on their way to doing so. Sena tells Kit and the others to proceed to the next floor of the abandoned factory to fight the Mystery Eater, while she and Phyra hang back to fight the Branch Leader of the Dungeon Masters. They win, and the demon explodes into a sticky mess. Sena suggests that Phyra use one of the drums filled with water in the corner of the room to take a bath (where the Dungeon Masters boil humans, unbeknownst to her). She urges her to dunk her head in more, and when she does, Sena slides a lid shut over the drum and locks it to drown her. Phyra’s sword rests by the wall, out of reach. Sena tells her backstory as Phyra fights to stay conscious, then ascends to the next floor where Kit and the others have worn the Mystery Eater down, saying he only needs to hold out “until the Branch Leader of the Warmongers gets here.” Of course this is Sena, which Kit doesn’t see coming when she stabs him in the back and sends him flying through the floor with a kick to the one below. She then leaves with the Mystery Eater, and as they’re walking away from the building, she snaps her fingers and causes it to blow up (her Blood Demon Art allows her to manipulate the smallest grains of dust in the air to generate an explosion as far as her eyes can see them. She can also sense the tiniest disturbance in the particles around her which is why it’s hard to sneak up on her.) Kit will have gotten up before this, realized that Phyra was trapped/comatose, and resuscitated her (or gotten her out of there first and let Miyaji do the mouth-to-mouth.)

“What will you do now?” is what the Mystery Eater asks Sena, to which she replies that the world is on the brink of war (it’s 1914) and that it’s time to reap what she’s sown. The Warmongers had been stirring tensions with the ships of other nations (can be a made-up country or a real one like Britain) that finally decide to invade the shores of Japan. Led by Sena, the Warmongers mow down their numbers and collect the bodies.

The Mystery Eater meanwhile has been planning an invasion of Dowa, Pearlan’s domain, so that the Farmers can breed its human population for food like chickens cooped up within the walled city. Yamarashi the Sword Swallower, unbeknownst to Sena, is the Branch Leader of the Farmers whom the Mystery Eater has kept in the shadows like a secret weapon, feeding him the lion’s share of the organization’s spoils and promising him a return to favor with the Queen if he usurped Pearlan’s position. Yamarashi turns into a colossus made of blades (his real body embedded at its heart) and towers over the walls of Dowa similar to the Colossal Titan from AoT. The invasion starts.

The slayers have a choice of whom they want to fight. I imagined they’d split up, with Kit and a few others going after Sena. Ren (who defected from the organization when the Gravediggers fell) can use his mist powers to bond to the sand particles in the air and prevent Sena from exploding them, which protects Kit from insta-death. Still, she’s the strongest in all the Red Demon (Duke-level) and has way more than 2 years experience, so she defeats him easily, removing her scarf (an enchanted item that suppresses her power to avoid tripping the slayers’ senses) to reveal a lower face of flayed skin, visible gums, and glistening fangs (she’d consumed so many humans that it wore down her skin there and any new coating the Mystery Eater applied would just get eaten through later.) This will definitely be a team effort, but eventually Kit beheads her. I’m not sure if he’ll be heartbroken or feel sympathy because he loved her, but her disembodied head breaks down into tears that she couldn’t find the demon who murdered her family. She fades away having never known that the Mystery Eater kept Yamarashi in hiding and intended for them to never meet.

Pearlan loses to Yamarashi after he enters the mouth of the blade golem in search of his real body, only for the latter to surprise him with a Nichirin blade that launches from under his tongue and beheads him. But Pearlan can turn up alive later in one of 2 ways. The “head” that was chopped off was just a molt; Pearlan is reptilian, he can already change colors like a chameleon, so why can’t he shed his skin like a snake too? He shed at the right moment, leaving the skin of his likeness in the blade’s path and ducking his real head out the way. Or, Pearlan can actually die and be revived with a piece of his DNA (the severed middle finger he sent the Prince in Season 1) at one of the Lab Rats’ hideouts.

This is why I considered leaving the Lab Rats as the sole remaining branch after the rest of the Red Demon falls. I’m not sure how Kit will feel about Sena after everything that’s happened. If he wants to remember her, he can preserve her somehow, her ashes in a jar or another memento. When the slayers discover the Lab Rats and that there’s a way to revive demons, it’s up to Kit to bring back Sena if a part of him still loves her. She’ll still be a demon but she’ll have no more reason to fight when she learns that her life’s work—killing Yamarashi the Sword Swallower—is complete (he and the Mystery Eater will have been defeated by this point.) She’d make a powerful ally against the Queen’s army, and if Kit has a goal to bring Sena back to the human girl she once was like Tanjiro with Nezuko, maybe they can get married after. ;)

Or just kill her and leave it at that. No happy endings.
Damn, brutal that this won’t ever be an rp but that sounds amazing. Never ceases to amaze me how you can punish my characters but still put forward a compelling enough plot for me to be okay with it xD